Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 25 Murran Spies, and 114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/07/24 08:20 AM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/07/24 08:05 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/07/24 08:01 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/07/24 08:00 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/07/24 08:00 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/06/24 11:53 AM
What I found today at my LCS!
by rickshaw1 - 06/06/24 11:12 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Singularity Art
#103614 11/01/07 05:03 AM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
OK, I had to do this, it was necessary.

I think its a crime that Kara didn't get her shot at the Legion cartoon. It was a great idea and it made sense that she'd feel more at home in the 31st Cent than in ours.

Anyway....I'd be happy if they brought in Andromeda, just to give us a Supergirl in the Legion, but I'd rather have Kara.

Here's my interpretation of both, sorta animated style...

[Linked Image]

Kara's eyes came out a little weird, I'll have to watch out for that.
Joe

#103615 11/01/07 05:13 AM
Active
Active
Hey, I hadn't seen the latest characters! Very beautiful both as designs and paintings. I love their sleek futuristic look, especially Mega and Ragnar.
Ad Astra looks like my kind of comic. smile

#103616 11/02/07 03:31 AM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Originally posted by Dain:
Hey, I hadn't seen the latest characters! Very beautiful both as designs and paintings. I love their sleek futuristic look, especially Mega and Ragnar.
Ad Astra looks like my kind of comic. smile
I'm glad you said that...I'm working on getting the comic up, but I've got the place all fixed up for it, now.

I'm doing it here: Ad Astra Web comic!

One of the things that sold me on WebComicsNation is that you have a spot to post bios of the characters, here: Character Bios

I haven't posted all the characters up there, yet. Mostly just those I'll need for the first story arc. Actually, the real first story arc is a bit of a history lesson, then I launch into the first Ad Astra story.

Take a look, I'll have more up soon.
Also, I posted a promo "cover" on the Collector Times, this month.
Ad Astra promo...

And, my last little bit of self-promotion, I promise! No, really....
The Imperial Guard in Artistic License!

Later!
Joe

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's make it official!
Ad astra begins on Nov 5, 2007.

JLS

#103617 11/02/07 04:24 AM
Active
Active
I saw the site yesterday and read the characters' bios as well as some entris in your blog. I like it very much - it IS my kind of comic - I hope it will be online soon. smile

The Imperial Guard pics are great and they *do* seem read to jump into the Legion cartoon!

#103618 11/04/07 04:33 AM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
A few new illos for Ad Astra...

Aurora has the power to control light. She can produce impressive light shows, or create a a whiteout that blinds anyone using the visible spectrum. Her costume changes colors, so it'll never look quite the same, twice.

She hails from Nelvanna, where everyone has some kind of power in the electromagnetic range.

[Linked Image]

This is Electra, no, she's not in love with her daddy, she just moves electrons around to produce electrical effects.

[Linked Image]

And this is Polara, Electra's cousin. Her power is also to manipulate electrons, only she produces and shapes magnetic fields.

[Linked Image]

Electra and Polara are also from Nelvanna.

Another new character is Lustre, she's from Erisia and she's not human, though her people are very similar. She has the power to induce hallucinations in anything with a working cerebral cortex.

[Linked Image]

It's funny, I find myself creating more girls than boys. Guess I'm having more fun drawing them.

So, the launch of Ad Astra is scheduled for tomorrow, probably when I get home from work in the morning.

Laters!
Joe

#103619 11/04/07 07:18 AM
Active
Active
They are lovely designs. I think I like Aurora best. I'll make sure to read the comic when you upload it tomorrow, Singularity. smile

#103620 11/08/07 04:52 AM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Here's some of the bad guys I have planned for Ad Astra. Most are loners, but Krieger, Uurgu, Glamour, and Positron are my own "Fatal Four", called Sanction: Extreme.

[Linked Image]

New strip goes up Friday!
Joe

#103621 11/08/07 05:20 AM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Oh, and a legion pic. 'Toon version of Shady. Always had a soft spot for a blue-skinned brunette...well, any brunette, really.

[Linked Image]

Borrowed bits from several of her old costumes.
Joe

#103622 11/08/07 09:38 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Wow Joe, these are all amazing!

#103623 11/09/07 01:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Great stuff! I really like some of these original character designs. The Legion stuff is really good too smile

#103624 11/09/07 05:39 AM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Great stuff! I really like some of these original character designs. The Legion stuff is really good too smile
Thanks, Drake, glad you like them. The Legion is my first love, when it comes to comics. I have an autographed copy of the first Legion comic I ever bought, Superboy and the LSH #217. Mike Grell signed it and it ended up in the back-issue bin at the comic shop I worked in, in the early 80s. If'n I believed in things like "fate", I'd say it was fated for me.

Ad Astra is my Legion, without the hassles. It seems no one can write a book set in the present, anymore, without screwing with the Legion. Ever since the ill-conceived CoIE, it's been a problem. This way, I write about the present, in my HeroBlog and about the future in Ad Astra. I don't have to satisfy anybody but me. And, hopefully, some readers. It'd be nice if I could get paid for it, but you can't have everything. I could take on some commissions, but that way lies complicated Wonder Woman bondage scenarios.

I'm having more fun with Ad Astra than with anything I've ever done. I think it's because it's the comic I've always wanted to do, but always told myself that other projects had more potential. Anyway, it's coming out, now and I'm having a blast with it. I'm even enjoying the inking, which is usually my least favorite part.

Check it out, just posted the latest strip. Oh, and for the artistical types here, there's a link on the site for Fan Art and I would LOVE to see someone take a crack at some of my characters >>>>Lurker Lass<<<< and post them there or here, or both, I don't care.
Joe

#103625 11/13/07 04:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Joe,
I just wanted to let you know that I've checked out all the art here, and your strip. I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Your characters are very interesting and I'd love to create some fanart sometime. My top three ladies are Galaxia, Aurora and Glamour.

I thought for sure I'd responded here before, but I guess not. Sorry about that. Maybe I began a response but didn't finish it? Anyway, it seems like you have lot of fun with your creativity and I really admire that.

Looking forward to more!

#103626 11/13/07 05:12 PM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Joe,
I just wanted to let you know that I've checked out all the art here, and your strip. I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Your characters are very interesting and I'd love to create some fanart sometime. My top three ladies are Galaxia, Aurora and Glamour.

I thought for sure I'd responded here before, but I guess not. Sorry about that. Maybe I began a response but didn't finish it? Anyway, it seems like you have lot of fun with your creativity and I really admire that.

Looking forward to more!
Cool!
I start typing responses all the time and get distracted and lose the thread of what I wanted to say, I know how it goes.

There's a link on Ad Astra to post fan art or you can email it to me and I'll post it.

I'm glad you like it, I think the series will appeal to Legion fans more than any others. We seem to be the only fans in comics who don't need our heroes to be "down to earth". We like them in a rainbow of colors and a plethora of abilities that other comics ignore or treat as insignificant.

I also invite you guys to check out my Heroblog series. It's the story of Amp, a young superhero who chronicles his adventures in the form of a blog. It includes a bit of art, in a different style than Ad Astra will be.

And, yes, you're right, I am having lots of fun. I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you have the inclination, give it a try. One of the things I liked when I checked out Webcomics Nation is that you set your own schedule, or no schedule at all. You can do one-shot comics, "graphic novels", regular series, whatever.

Joe

#103627 11/14/07 02:23 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My current hobby is to create the art and the judges' stories for the Holo Model competitions here, so I haven't even attempted other writing or sequentials lately.

But if I ever do, maybe I'll check out Webcomic Nation. Thanks!

I'll let you know when/if I get that fan art done.

#103628 11/14/07 04:38 AM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
I haven't posted and sketchup stuff, recently, but I had this idea, and had to work on it. Another Legion flight ring design. This one based on a design I like from the 70s.
There are 4 shots here. Just follow the link.

http://heroblog.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=8

Still needs work, but I'm on the right track.
Joe

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,948
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Shadow Kid
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Kara
Kara
Here and There and Everywhere
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star