Roll Call
0 members (), 30 Murran Spies, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/06/24 11:41 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 06/06/24 11:39 AM
What I found today at my LCS!
by rickshaw1 - 06/06/24 11:12 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/06/24 07:04 AM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Ann Hebistand - 06/06/24 06:18 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/06/24 04:26 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/06/24 04:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z*
#129929 05/14/06 02:05 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
click to enlarge

click to enlarge
Abin Quank

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

You Know I didnt actually think Id changed all that much of Abins costume from my original version but seeing them side by side like this there are a few obvious changes..ie reversing the colours on the main bodysuit, adding those strappy shoes.
Obviously I was riffing on the Alan scott GL costume....except, you know, without the whole puffy sleeve thing. Also note the first version of Everyday Girl (another of Abin's alt-id's ?) in the bottom pick...was going for a whole highschool cheerleader thing (with the pompoms and all ;P) had I coloured it she wouldve been in red with white trim.

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
Re: Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z*
#129930 05/14/06 02:09 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Actor Lad

Ok...Ill Confess Actor lad was a chracter I was going to add to the B-Team because there were already to many Green-Skinned Legionnaires already in the list I was working on, but, I did have the space from an edited post that I removed. so here's Actor lad...current Leader of the LMBP. Costumewise, I wanted to have an X-men reference somewhere and AL with the shakespearey puffy sleeve things (I dont know what they're called tongue ) seemed the perfect fit. As for the Skull...maybe he throws them like that chick from "Mystery Men". Yes...thats Actor Lads oddly morbid power...Soliloquising and Skull throwing.

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#129931 05/14/06 02:13 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Arachne

click to enlarge

The First of many, many Belly shirted legionnaires. I do like a Belly shirt. This is a new Costume for Arachne...I think one of the only elements I kept from the original version is the spider hair brooch which I carried over from Archne's Avatar if postboot Vi...the neck collar is one of my favorite elements of this design...Also Aracne's pupils should be hourglass shaped. Ive loved the Hourglass eye thing since I read the dragonlance novels in highschool...when Raistlin becomes a mage his eyes go all hourglassey...would this make Arachne a mage perhaps? maybe a Spidermage...sounds cool tongue

#129932 05/14/06 02:14 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Beagz AKA Kid Flash

This Costume is another new costume...sortof. I was originally usinng it for a postboot version of "Rush" aka Mara..um..something. She was the Speedster Character in the Quarantine kids story. the only real difference is that my Rush had bike shorts (ala inferno). The Goggles seemed necessary as when your running at such high speeds it seems that your eye's would take a lot of punishment from wind and stuff. The Microphone thingy I added because without it Beagz would speak like "Blur" from the Transformers movie...all fast and incoherent...so the microphone set sort of slows his speech down to a normal speed. As for the manga hair, its something else that's be affected by his speed...all swept back and wooshy.

#129933 05/14/06 02:16 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Bevis AKA Gaylipso AKA the Queen of Hearts

Ah the illustrious Gaylipso...or the Queen of Hearts. I really Enjoyed Bevis' Queen of Diamond Stories so I wanted homage them in my version of his character...hence the Queen of Hearts...also it let me use the Heart face tattoo...sort of "Jack of Hearts" from marvel (though not as busy a that costume). Ive been trying to do different things with capes...so with this i wanted to do a Cape but still keep Bevis bare-chested. I didnt really know how I was going to do it but then I saw a guy in a nightclub who had his shirt sort of taken off but not really, where he's just lifted the front part over his head and kept the back free. it was quite sexy and I did a quick sketch when I got home.
Also, the first of many many wristcuffs on these designs tongue

#129934 05/14/06 02:17 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Blacula AKA Vampire Fella

This is obviously a male Version of Vampirella's outfit (Vampirella/Vampire Fella) with added wingy things....I like how Nightwing's costume was supposed to have glider wings (they showed up in a recent superboy/Nightwing Infinite Crisis Titans Isuue) so I decided to steal (oops apropriate) that.
My original Version of Blaculla (which Ill post here when I get around to it) had batwings on his head ala the vampires in Darkstalkers, but i decided to keep them out of this version cause they looked kinda goofy.

#129935 05/14/06 02:18 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

The Blue Battler

Originally with this I was going for a blue skinned Roman Centurion kinda character, but in the end decided to Carry over the robot thing from BB's Avatar...so its kinda stealth Iron Man with the Legion Symbol on the face plate (which I really like)
Also, this is the first LMBP character where I decided not to use the vertical-stripe design element, which Im obviously a fan of. It keeps the same sort of design throughout the entire team but, done right, can be just different enough to make each character unique.

#129936 05/14/06 02:19 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Caliente

Ive done a few designs of Cali, but this, the Original, is still my Fave. and the second Belly Shirt tongue . Im still not sure about this particular rendition but I threw it in because with such a large list of people to render I didnt really have the time (ok patience) to redo certain members. Some work, some dont. which isnt to say this is crap, just that given time, I could probably do better.
Also the first LMBP'er with a facial peircing (the labret) ((actually she could be the only one)...I also like the eye makeup with the fire design.

#129937 05/14/06 02:20 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Chaim Mattis Keller AKA Legion Help File Lad

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

I took my inspiration here from Oracle's computer head Avatar...added a couple of Omnicoms' and presto! Legion Help File Lad! ((Thanks for the Legion help file aswell Chaim..it rocks my socks nod ))

#129938 05/14/06 02:25 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
C J Taylor AKA Enigma
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

I dont know why I used the codename Enigma...but it seems to work. Anyway with this Costume I wanted to use the Generic Blue on Blue costume that Garth Imra and Rokk wore before they got their spiffy new costumes when the postboot Legion first started. The CJ on the chest should probably be in interlac...but Im sure the ABC alphabet is still used in the C30th. One of the things I dont like about this pic is that CJ's neck sortof comes straight out of his chest...but Id already posted this when I noticed. Ah Well...you win some you lose some.

#129939 05/14/06 02:29 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Cobalt Kid
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Not many changes for Cobie...just colour changes on the costume...I kept the long overcoat look. I think the only change here is the Hartigan-esque scar on his forehead, which he got in the Grrrg/Psyonia war (cause I said so tongue )

#129940 05/14/06 05:44 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader

#129941 05/14/06 05:46 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Crusader
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

This is a combination of the Two previous Crusader pics Id done...the Purple bodysuit from when Princess Cru become Spellbinder and the Pink Triangles attaching the cape from the previous design (will post soon). Also Added a cape to make him more regal looking.

#129942 05/14/06 05:49 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Dedman
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Im in Love with Death from the Endless, especially "the High cost of Living" so I decided to reference her with Dedman...I do have another design somewhere which is More Pinheady (Hellraiser) which Ill post at some point. Also note the Watchmen smiley face button. plus, gotta love a fedora.

#129943 05/14/06 05:50 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Disaster Boy
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

No changes for Dis...just added his bird pal (Who first appeared here ) The Red hair is from Loser Lad's coloring of my first Disaster Boy pic. More nitpicking though - Is it just me or does Dis' right arm seem twice as long as his left?

#129944 05/14/06 05:51 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
DrakeB3004
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

With Drake I wanted to do a version of Wildfire that was human as opposed to confined to his containment suit. Costume wise I pretty much borrowed the 70's Ghost Rider costume...just changed the colours and added the wildfire emblem to the chest. The Aviator glasses I added as an afterthought, but I think they work.

#129945 05/14/06 05:55 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Dr.One
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

I call this Quarantine Legion Blok...I like the idea of the Quarantine Legion...it would have been interesting to see how they developed had Zero Hour not occured. I was actually going to use one of those eyeless blue robots for Dr. One but Decided against it. Also thought about making him half Dryadian/half whatever species Dr. Gymll is...but didnt. actually I might still give that a burl come to think of it.

#129946 05/16/06 07:49 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
The Emerald Empress DECEASED
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Yay Power Pack! I loveeee that Julie Power is all grown up and in Exelsior now. this is just my little homage to one of my favorite books of the 80's.

#129947 05/16/06 07:50 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Erik Davis Ester AKA Calamity King
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Not many changes again for Erik...I think I just changed the shirt from the open at the bottom button up to the white T-shirt and changed the hair colour from brown to blonde. Im still pretty keen on the Scarf lol.

#129948 05/16/06 07:51 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Everyday Girl
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

What if?...the Powerpuff Girls grew up? maybe they'd look a little something like this?

#129949 05/20/06 04:07 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Faraway Lad
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

I was going for a sort of superman feel with this...hence the Triangular chest emblem. This version is a lot more buffed out the the Original version that I posted in Project Runway. I still like the starfield effect in the cape which I really shouldve used whiteout or something to do. Ah Well.

#129950 05/20/06 04:08 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Fat Cramer
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

The first of the kitty-Legionnaires...This is the same costume I used Earlier...just made Nancy more feline a bit more chunky. though still not that Fat tongue . The Coffee cup reads 'Cafe Cramer'

#129951 05/20/06 04:09 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Frio
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Frio...originally just a micro made by Terry that I refined and has since become a Registered LMBP'r. Im not sure who is actually responsible for bringing her to life...in any case, costumewise, it does seem a bit odd that Frio wears such little clothing...presumably she must be imune to the cold. So I guess those sexy blue earmuffs are just for show lol

#129952 05/20/06 04:15 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Ghost of Numf-El
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccceeeeeeee ghooooooooost!!!

The original Version of this I did was a etheral, See through ghosty kinda guy with a ball and chain attached. He also had a H on his forehead...a little "Red Dwarf" homage.
I like this version better though.

#129953 05/20/06 04:17 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Giant Robotic Lesbian
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Giant robotic lesbian aka ASTRO GIRL! who doesnt love Astro Boy? yep. Astro boy rocks...so this is his younger Sister "all growed up". ok...I know Technically robots cant actually grow in the most literal sense, so lets just say she got a new body. A sexy lesbian body.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,934
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
flashsuper, Pulsar, Steampunk Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Legolas
Legolas
on the lam!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star