Roll Call
0 members (), 12 Murran Spies, and 139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/09/24 01:32 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/08/24 09:07 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/08/24 08:20 PM
Comic book Catfights
by RED-001 - 06/08/24 07:10 PM
Moonmoons.
by rickshaw1 - 06/08/24 06:18 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/08/24 05:57 PM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/08/24 04:48 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/08/24 04:45 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Fresh Faces Discussion Thread
#133407 10/16/07 03:06 PM
Active
Active
Loved the judges comments. Sarya: He's handsome enough. Maybe a bit skinny. lol lol lol

It's difficult to choose just two. Too difficult. Sigh...

From the girls I liked Jordana and Nightwind the most. Jordana is a new and very interesting face and Nightwind is gorgeous and exotic and sexy!
Winner: Jordana.
Not winner: Ayla.

It's more difficult with the boys. I know who I'll vote for "not winner" (don't like the word loser) but choosing among Brek, Chuck, Kantuu and Dvron? Hmmm.

Brek is shiny and sleek and very handsome.
Chuck is very sexy and masculine and powerful-looking.
Dvron shows a side of him, the devilish one, I never thought he had.
And Kantuu's scene is just wonderful.

OK. Winner: Chuck
not winner: McCauley

(If I could pick a second one, it'd either be Dvron or Brek. Probably Dvron).

#133408 10/16/07 09:56 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Heh! Thanks for the votes, everyone. I'll post an update soon.

Yeah, Dain, I'm all jaded. I blame the Legion with the way they "REJECT" sentients. I believe in using terms like "most favorite" and "least favorite" but I suppose we're putting these Fresh Faces through the paces by saying winner and loser.

#133409 10/16/07 10:00 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Okay, current standings...

Winners so far---

m: Kantuu and Chuck
f: Chu, Jordana and Nightwind

Losers so far:
m: McCauley
f: Ayla

Polls remain open....

#133410 10/17/07 12:35 AM
Active
Active
Winners: McCauley and Ayla

Losers: Brek and Jordana

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#133411 10/17/07 03:31 AM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Commentary later, votes now.

Winners: Chu and Kantuu

Least Favorite: Supergirl and Brek

#133412 10/17/07 03:31 AM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Commentary later, votes now.

Winners: Chu and Kantuu

Least Favorite: Supergirl and Brek

#133413 10/17/07 10:50 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

Yeah, Dain, I'm all jaded. I blame the Legion with the way they "REJECT" sentients. I believe in using terms like "most favorite" and "least favorite" but I suppose we're putting these Fresh Faces through the paces by saying winner and loser.
Oh, I know. I've used the word "loser" or "reject" a few times myself. tongue

#133414 10/17/07 08:23 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Thank you. Votes are counted and polls are still open.

#133415 10/17/07 10:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Maybe you're thinking to yourself, "But Sketch Lad, what about all those obscure characters I took my valuable timing scoping out for this thing?" Well, I have an answer! I will be organizing an ALL OBSCURE CHARCTERS Holo Model competition. You know how LW tends to make stars of the obscure....
Thank space! 'Cause I'm re-reading the Bierbaum's run of LEGIONNAIRES (1 & 2 done so far) and am already getting mucho ideas...

Mega... X-Bomb Betty... Cera Kesh... The "Hand" gangmember with the blonde soul-patch (let's call him "Lefty")... Plaid Lad....

poor Sketchy!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#133416 10/18/07 10:03 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Comments in order of preference:

1. Chuck. What a surprise! Chuck has never been a favourite of mine, but I think his bold choice of attire works for him. Like the stubby face.

2. McCauley. LOVE the background, this is exactly where he should be. And he looks surprisingly good in plain clothes. Loose hair also works for him.

3. Devlin. I wouldn't have recognized him if his name hadn't been mentioned, but it doesn't matter, the picture is wonderful.

4. Kantuu. Love those fiery eyes. A very good setting for him.

5. Nightwind. Like that haughty pose. But in this round I much, much prefered the men.

6. Chu. Lovely as well, I like the dark mood of the scene. She's really pulling this off...

7. Jordana. Meh. I guess I'd like to see more of her.

8. Ayla. Nah, her retro-attire is not doing it for me. It just looks boring. She can do SO much better!

9. Brek. The proportions are all wrong, the chest is too big, the head too small. Too bad, because I'd really like to see more of this contestant.

10. Supergirl. Too bad she's my loser this round, I'd like to see her in subsequent challenges. But she just looks frozen in flight.

Excellent choice on the type of competition (i.e. putting them in situations from previous contests). I think you should use this device again.

I much, much liked the men this time around, so I'm afraid of the consequences that this vote are going to have. Anyway, here are my votes:

Best: Chuck and Nightwind
Worst: Polar Boy and Supergirl

#133417 10/18/07 08:36 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
POLLS CLOSED!!!

We have results....

For Female Winner... a tie between Chu and Nightwind. I am the tie breaker, and I choose Nightwind!

For Male Winner... a tie between Kantuu and Chuck. I'm the tie breaker, and I choose Kantuu!

The winners receive the benefit of an EXTRA HOLO as their prize. Recall the early discussions about this contest if you'd like a hint as to what the subject of their holo will be.

#133418 10/18/07 08:39 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
More results....

Female Reject... A tie between Kara and Ayla. I'm the tie breaker, and I choose Ayla!

Male Reject... a pretty clear choice.... Brek!

The rejects receive a farewell holo as a consolation ...prize?

Stay tuned!

#133419 10/21/07 07:27 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
The bonus holos have been posted! I've also pencilled the next challenge and judges' commentary. I still have some details to reference and complete, then it'll take time to scan and color everything. So, hang in there!

#133420 10/21/07 07:59 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Oh, I just love the farewell holos. They were faboo! Even though I voted for them to leave, I'm going to miss Ayla and Brek. frown

#133421 10/21/07 08:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The bonus holos for Nightwind and Kantuu were BEYOND fab!

I *loved* the Light Lass/Kid Heavyfeathers farewell!!

Your hint at a pairing between the Empress and Kantuu makes me wish such a thing had happened in the comic! THAT would have been a pretty dangerous duo.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#133422 10/21/07 08:11 PM
Deputy
Deputy
So, have we lost the Empress as a judge? That last holo of her is amazing, she'd do great as a contestant one of these days. I wonder if Kantuu is going to take her harassment without reacting.

Don't mind seeing Ayla go, but I'm sad about Brek. Oh well, on to the next round.

I LOVE these competitions, thank you, Dean!

#133423 10/21/07 08:22 PM
Active
Active
Wow! I've never seen the Empress so...smitten with anyone. The thought of her and Kantuu together is, I don't know, "out of this world" eek I wish I could see them in the comic!

Kantuu and Nightwind are absolutely gorgeous!

#133424 10/22/07 02:12 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
The Empress really seemed to be enjoying the holos for once, and her crush on Kantuu just happened to be the finale of that sequence. The question is... what will happen next?

Thanks everyone, for the comments about the bonus holos. It was a great idea (not mine). Of course I use the data from the initial "surveys" as inspiration.

I'll post hints about the next challenge soon.

#133425 10/24/07 09:05 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I just posted the intro for the next challenge called "Close Encounters." I'm currently coloring the holos, having fun.

#133426 10/24/07 11:23 PM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
SAME STUFF, DIFFERENT DUDES & DAMSELS

Ayla. While I can't find fault here, this pic just doesn't grab me. It's like, not love.

McCauley. His hair space-bugs me...far too artfully tousled for my tastes. Otherwise, it's a fine portrait (not just picture) of Mccauley.

Jordana. A fine introduction photo for the newest kid. I'll expect to see more of what she can do (I don't necessarily mean with her mpower ring) in future challenges.

Brek. I don't think this challenge worked too well for the guys originally and...no. My male vote for OUT.

Nightwind. I agree with Marte: she looks confident. Very flattering coloring, too.

Dvron. Nice mix of naughty-n-nice. Very good. Would have given the Autumn Auburn guys a run for their money.

Supergirl. This is her forte, but this holo...no. [No, no, no. My female vote for out.

Chuck. Okay, I did chukle at the Chuckster, but don't play the "guy wearing overly-revealing outfit for to make you laugh" card again. Once is okay, twice will get you bounced. Got it?

Chu. This one ain't camera shy, that's for sure. Also liked the background coloring here.

Kantuu. Is this dude photogenic or what? Chuck, I think you're going to be fighting him again -- he seems to have some sly comedic leanings.

No deliberations necessary for the guy winner...I knew it was Kantuu right away. For the gals, though, it could have been Chu, Nightwind, or Jordana.

Oh, yes, I love Lester. Lester! You gotta come back, the Empress has run off and someone's gonna need to kick Cos. (Don't need to be Naltorian to know that.)

#133427 10/25/07 01:59 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Teeds, thanks for posting your reviews of the holos.

The next holos are done! Now I need to finish the judges' panels. Probably ready to post in the next couple of days...

#133428 10/26/07 03:37 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Round 2 is posted... Close Encounters. Sort of a "Beauty and the Beast... of Space!" challenge. However, we wouldn't want to call any sentients a beast now, would we?

Please name your:

FEMALE CHALLENGE WINNER
FEMALE REJECT

MALE CHALLENGE WINNER
MALE REJECT

The most and least favorites get bonus holos

Polls will remain open all weekend. Enjoy!

#133429 10/26/07 04:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Winners: Chu and Chuck. I really wanted to vote for McCauley and Nightwind so they'd either get extra winner holos or reject holos, but Chu and Chuck made me laugh more.

Rejects: Kara and Dvron. Just didn't like Kara's body builder look and I think I felt sorry for Dvron. He looked a bit deer in the headlights.

I'm amazed all those judges are getting along! They must be entirely captivated by the contestants.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#133430 10/26/07 01:11 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Best: Chuck & Kara

Worst: Nightwind & Dvron

I loved the Kantuu picture but it was because of the Empress not Kantuu. And that's why I didn't pick him for best. I also liked the McCauley picture. I was hard pressed to pick a winner for the females. None really looked all that good to me.

The judges' comments were very delightful.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#133431 10/26/07 01:58 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Winners: Chu & Chuck
Losers: Jordana & McCauley

Chu has this expression on her face-- I love it! I also love Gates as her partner. He space rawks~ They just have hilarious chemistry and she's definitely becoming a front-runner for me.

Chuck, ohmigod. Ohmigod. Sketchy, this may be my favorite holo of all time. Seriously, I defy anyone to dislike it! So brilliant. And while Chuck's co-star adds to it, he definitely steals the show (as any holo model potential should). laugh

On the other side... Jordana really disappointed me. I just don't feel anything from her holo. And, while I'd love to see more of her, I'm just not sold. There's definitely something missing here.

And, finally, McCauley. All I can say is that Tangleweb steals the holo from him. And he looks like a slimy git, which fits him but... not the kind of model I want winning the competition! No thanks.

Other comments about other competitors:
--) Dvron... eh. Nothing special there. Not great but better than McCauley for me.
--) Nightwind was definitely a close second to Chu for me. She was just... beautiful and serene. I loved her expression, make-up, outfit-- everything! I felt her emotion this time, for sure.
--) Kantuu nearly beat out Chuck! I absolutely adore this holo. Just their expressions and the way that you played with size and... yeah. laugh Brilliant.
--) I nearly voted to eliminate Kara again because she just isn't doing it for me. I can't explain but... I don't like it. Not at all.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,045,992
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Italian Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star