Roll Call
0 members (), 26 Murran Spies, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 10 JUNE*
by razsolo - 06/16/24 04:27 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:52 AM
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:49 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:47 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:46 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:45 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:45 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 51 52
Re: Kid Prime's room!
#194859 07/13/03 09:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Interesting bit about Thundercracker, but has that characterization *ever* seen the light of day?? (Megatron watched him more than Starscream? -- yeah, right) I know they had to make up stuff when writing the bios to make each Transformer interesting, but he was always just a soldier (or am I wrong?)

#194860 07/13/03 09:26 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I'll get back to you on that, Drake, after I re-watch the first season again. smile

When writing these, I'm pulling from the Transformers Universe, as well as the tech specs and what I remember from the cartoon. After I decided to do Thundercracker next, it occurred to me that his characterization was nil in the cartoon. Off the top of my head, I remember him calling both Starscream and Megatron "geeky" in the antimatter episode. In that one, he was sarcastic to Starscream also during his 5 minutes or so of leadership, but once Megatron returned, I think said something like "Wonderful, Megatron. With your leadership we can't fail." There was another episode where the Deceps had captured Sky-Fire and Thundercracker was toying with letting him go, in order to make Starscream look bad.

That's about all I can remember about him from the cartoon off the top of my head. I may have dropped the ball on his description, but honestly, I had very little to go on. frown

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#194861 07/13/03 09:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Did you actually write part of these descriptions, KP? I thought you just copied it straight from the character descriptions. I hope you understand there was certainly no criticism of your bio's -- i'll gladly defer to your appraisal of each character if that's your say so!

Btw, when I was an intern at Marvel, the editor let me color one of the bio pics, but for the life of me, I can't remember which one (certainly not one of the original batch).

#194862 07/13/03 10:05 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
S'cool!

Actually, I was just expressing my dissatisfaction with my own work. I've been really enjoying writing my own bios, and Thundercracker has definitely been the thinnest of the bunch thus far.

#194863 07/13/03 10:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow! I did not realize you were writing these up KP. Excellent job! Seems like you ought to have a website just for your Transformers info.

#194864 07/13/03 10:14 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
aaah.. there are already like 4000 of 'em out there.

#194865 07/13/03 10:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah but are their bios this good? I doubt it. And did that stop me from having another Legion site when I started mine? There's always room for one more. smile

#194866 07/13/03 10:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Do Sidewswipe next ... please! smile ... I always liked him because:
1) he was a lamborghini -- cool fucking car!
2) he had a jetpack, which made him the only G1 Transformer who could fly!
3) he had that "throw himself into danger first, ask questions later" attitude that I like (just a tad like WILDFIRE)

#194867 07/14/03 10:57 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Moving back to the Autobots!

8. Sideswipe

[Linked Image]

Function: Warrior

We humans have a wide variety of hair-raising extreme activities we may partake in to get adrenaline pumping, like rollercoastering, skydiving, bungeecord jumping, drag racing, and so forth. However, the best way for an Autobot to find a similar rush, without a doubt, is to spend an evening with Sideswipe. Sideswipe is one of the thrill-seekingest, most daring, white-knuckle excitement-addicted Autobots you'll ever meet. His daring knows very little bounds, and he accepts the most dangerous missions from Prime with relish and glee. Sideswipe shares a close bond with his "brother" Sunstreaker, and is the more gregarious and courageous of the two. Sideswipe would be one of the most popular among the Autobots if spending significant amounts of time with him was less dangeous, because he is one of the friendliest, wittiest, and funniest of the team. Definitely one of the cool kids.

Sideswipe is one of the best fighters in the Autobot army. He is fast, strong, and agile. Most importantly, he is completely fearless. He packs fairly significant firepower compared to the rest of the Autobot team. Still, it irks him that his combat abilities aren't QUITE the equal of his "brother" Sunstreaker (and Sunstreaker ribs him about it incessantly.) Still, there are very few Autobots who can compare to his courage and heart. Sideswipe can use his arms as vibrating piledrivers to dig through enemy fortifications or to free trapped companions. However, Sideswipe's greatest ability, and one which no other Autobot shares, is his power of flight. With his specially-designed rocketpack, he can soar to supersonic speeds, taking the fight directly to the Decepticon jets in the air. His success record in aerial combat is quite high, and, of course, being the thrill-seeker he is, he loves it. Sideswipe's only significant weakness is his total inability to distinguish a dangerous and exhilirating combat situation from a hopeless and fatal combat situation, which has a tendency to get him in way over his head at times.

#194868 07/14/03 02:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ummm... has anyone else noticed that Kid Prime appears to be assembling an army - and that this army bears an uncanny resemblance to the Roboticans? We better get the Espionage Squad to keep an eye on him - on them.....

Seriously, I have to admit I know zip about Transformers, except what I read here - but Robotica could resemble them - it would be pretty cool if we saw some Roboticans, with bios like KP's Transformers, come to Legion World. (The other Legion World, not this one.) The names are terrific.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#194869 07/14/03 05:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
TriplicateGirl [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I think that's the whole Espionage Squad.

#194870 07/14/03 08:06 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
<<says nothing and smiles, whistling quietly>>

#194871 07/15/03 02:32 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks for the Sideswipe profile, KP -- he's even cooler than I remembered (although I prefer the red / black coloring he had in the cartoon and the action figure -- that's just more stylin')

Who would be your top 10 fav Transformers?

I guess mine are:
1 Prowl
2 Sideswipe
3 Optimus Prime
4 Soundwave
5 Megatron
6 [Springer]
7 [Slag] (he was the Triceratops, right?)
8 Wheeljack
9 Starscream
10 Hook

[edited cuz I got two of the names wrong]

#194872 07/15/03 12:12 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
"hey KP, transform this" smile

throws light water filled balloon. InvisibleKid

and off to

Faithfull
#194873 07/15/03 12:30 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
WHERE is HE? WHERE'D HE GO...

#194874 07/15/03 01:25 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Thanks for the Sideswipe profile, KP -- he's even cooler than I remembered (although I prefer the red / black coloring he had in the cartoon and the action figure -- that's just more stylin')

Who would be your top 10 fav Transformers?

I guess mine are:
1 Prowl
2 Sideswipe
3 Optimus Prime
4 Soundwave
5 Megatron
6 Jumper
7 Snarl (he was the Triceratops, right?)
8 Wheeljack
9 Starscream
10 Hook
I think the triceratops was Slag, actually... very cool list, though. You certainly DO like the both-barrels blazing characters! Here's my top 10, in no particular order.

Optimus Prime
Megatron
Ultra Magnus
Starscream
Jazz
Mirage
Brawn
Grimlock
Prowl
Springer

#194875 07/15/03 03:12 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Everybody knows you can't have Sideswipe without...

9. Sunstreaker

[Linked Image]

Function: Warrior

If Sunstreaker were starring in a sports movie, he would be the immensely talented jock who is less useful than he should be because of all the time he spends in front of the mirror looking lovingly at his muscles and perfect hair. To Sunstreaker, the necessities of stopping the Decepticons' evil pales in comparison to getting a new paint job or waxing his chrome. He cringes at the thought of situations that would mar his physical beauty in any way. He takes a fair amount of ribbing for his narcissistic tendencies from the rest of the Autobots, especially his brother Sideswipe, but he doesn't let that bother him. He's substantially better-looking than the rest of them, after all.

Sunstreaker's combat abilities rank him as one of the most dangerous Autobots in every way. He is near the top of the list in speed, strength, firepower, fighting skill, armor, and endurance. Unfortunately, his vain and often misanthropic personality severely limits his value to the rest of the team. As a matter of fact, it is only when a Decepticon mars a perfect paint job or commits another unthinkable sin against his vanity that he is roused to fight at his full potential. When roused, he can be a furious opponent, and a tough nut to crack. It just doesn't happen orten enough.

#194876 07/15/03 06:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
D'oh! You're right -- Slag it is. And you also corrected me without knowing it when I said "Jumper" -- I actually meant "Springer" (he's the green Triple-changer who was with Rodimus Prime right?)

#194877 07/15/03 07:08 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Yup, that's the guy! I liked Springer a lot... he was such a "rough and ready" kind of Autobot, with a sarcastic streak. A good combination.

#194878 07/15/03 07:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Weren't there any girl robot Transformers?

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#194879 07/15/03 07:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The only "female" Transformer I can think of was "Cee-cee(assuming I didn't get this name wrong too)". She was pink (naturally) and introduced in the Transformers movie then a major supporting role in the series that followed with Rodimus Prime.

#194880 07/15/03 07:25 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
There was an earlier episode of the cartoon about the female Transformers, IIRC.

Though the idea of sexes among robots always seemed kind of silly to me.

#194881 07/15/03 07:32 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
There was an earlier episode of the cartoon about the female Transformers, IIRC.

Though the idea of sexes among robots always seemed kind of silly to me.
Yup! It showed how the boy Transformers left the girls behind when the Autobots went on the mission to find new energy sources that left them stranded on earth. The girls then had to hold the fort back on Cybertron against Shockwave and his cronies. Optimus Prime's girlfriend was named Elita-One, as I recall, and she had some kind of time-stopping power (that she used to save Prime in the episode!) In that ep, Ironhide was shown with his GF as well.

Looking back, it seems a little sexist...

#194882 07/15/03 08:09 PM
Active
Active
hows it going
dont know if i already posted in here, feel free to drop by my place anytime.

#194883 07/16/03 05:50 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I'll stay with the Autobots. Here's a little guy who got a lot of spotlight...

10. Bumblebee

[Linked Image]

Function: Espionage

Bumblebee has a little body, but he has a big heart. He is one of the most cheerful and upbeat of the Autobots, and while the little guy has a fraction of the strength and firepower of many of the others, he has the courage to match any other Autobot. Which is not to say he's without fear. One of the reasons Bumblebee has managed to survive in a war, where practically everyone else is bigger and stronger than he, is his knowing when to run. Because of his cheerful good-nature, Bumblebee has developed close and warm friendships with many of the humans (especially Spike Witwicky) on Earth. Bumblebee idolizes and loves Optimus Prime, and will do anything his leader asks of him without hesitation.

Bumblebee's small size makes him ideal for espionage and stealth, and in this way he is a large asset to the team. Because of his easy camaraderie with humans, he is also very useful in situations where human relations are key. Bumblebee is extremely agile in robot mode out of necessity, since one good shot from a Decepticon would disable him. Physically, he is the weakest and smallest of the Autobots, and he has basically no firepower to speak of. It is his immense courage and cheer which makes him most useful. Prime realizes that he is something of a "kid brother" to many of the other Autobots, and the increase of morale in the team by just having Bumblebee around is more than enough to justify his presence.

Page 3 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,184
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Burger Eater Lad, LoneWolfLondo, Mattropolis, Phantom Girl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star