Roll Call
0 members (), 19 Murran Spies, and 98 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/16/24 10:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/16/24 10:01 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/16/24 10:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 06/16/24 09:55 PM
Why he was arrested.
by stile86 - 06/16/24 09:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 06/16/24 06:21 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/16/24 05:00 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
Re: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
#345424 06/15/10 06:39 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Blackmace! Your references are impeccable!

You're IN!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#345425 06/15/10 06:52 PM
Nobody's Alt But Mine
Nobody's Alt But Mine
Wow, dat's great Chief. Where does I get me fancy security uniforms, and my badge. I always wanted me a badge, ya can do almost anythin' when ya gots a badge.

Oh an' one more thin' Chief. Is regular cops allowed ta use that fancy pool? Or does ya have ta be a sargent or louitenant oe somethin'?

"It's bad for you, but buy it."
#345426 06/15/10 06:55 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
You're in the Elite Guard, Mace--that's far from "regular cop"! (There's a separate Redshirt pool.) So go ahead and swim your mace off!

As for badges and dress code...that'll be settled after we fill out the rest of the Guard!

#345427 06/16/10 11:16 AM
Active
Active
Greetings LardLad!

It has been quite some time since I was on Legion World and I see there have been many changes. As you know, I’ve spent many years now since I started on my new path to spread the good will of Legion World into the surrounding planets. I’ve found this job to be quite fulfilling though I’ve always wished I could do so much more. This has only been more so in recent months as I’ve recovered from the terrible burns inflicted on me by the Dark Lard. Though my face has been healed temporarily by various magical means, I fear the effects may be permanent.

To be quite candid, thinking about my disfigurement returning as it once it did is driving me mad. I need something else to occupy my time and something of value to the great Legion World that gave me a second chance.

It is with this in mind that I request I could join your Office of Security. The former Chief, Cobalt Kid, never would allow me to join, blocking me at every chance from the Office of Security and the LMBP based on my past misdeeds. I understand his point of view though it pained me greatly. I would ask you now to consider on your own whether I am worthy. I would stand by your side in the darkest of hours and I would be ready to serve justice in every way for the good of Legion World and its citizens.

#345428 06/16/10 03:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<ahem>

Alright, Lard, I mean, Chief Taylor, I'd like to offer up my services ... just one thing ... keep Furball out of here ... or at least away from my tank ... he keeps clogging the filter ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#345429 06/16/10 05:42 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Excellent, Sharky! You were definitely the holdover from the previous Office I wanted most to join in this new era! You have a certain...killer attitude...that I think will fit in nicely with what I have planned! (And NO WAY was I gonna accept Furball if he applied--I'm allergic to him! wink )

Roy, Roy--I was hoping you would join us! This is indeed a new era for the Security Office, and I always felt Cobalt's logic was extremely flawed in keeping you out. You have shown great loyalty to me in recent times, and I never forget a friend! You are most welcome within the ranks of the Elite Guard.

#345430 06/16/10 05:48 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Here's where we currently stand:

Chief of Security

Chief Taylor

Elite Guard

Lash Lad
Thunder Girl
Blackmace
Shark Lad
Sir Roy

We are definitely still interviewing as there are a few more spaces to fill. Once the ranks have been filled, we will be assigning more specific rankings to the members of the Elite Guard.

#345431 06/16/10 06:29 PM
Active
Active
{arrives and dismounts from her unicorn}

...um, hi...my name is Hot Chick. I lost my job when the Convention Center suddenly closed. I heard there were openings here.

Do you have a telepath? I'm...well, my breasts are telepathic. I'm also reasonably good in a scrape.

Er...can I get an interview?

#345432 06/16/10 06:36 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<jaw drops>

ubba-wubba-nubba

Uh, I mean, clearly a lady with your assets has a place among our Elite Guard! Welcome aboard!

Down, boy!

#345433 06/16/10 06:49 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! How you doing Chief Lard-Butt? Is that like a banana in your pocket or are you just like glad to see her? {giggle}

I just wanted to like remind you that Gladys, Bonita, Holly Honey, and Hutch Starsky are all like available and junk for your new & kinda-sorta improved Security Office.

Oh, and I'll like kinda be around here a lot 'cuz there's like no frickin way I'm letting you or your new elite goon squad near Sam & Tony without eyes on the scene.

And like besides, I like your pool...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#345434 06/16/10 07:02 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Yes, Gladys and the rest were the backbone of the administrative staff of the old Office and are more than welcome in the new.

Britney, Britney, Britney...why don't we give you an official reason to hang out here? Perhaps you could be our Special Advisor if you are reluctant to join the Elite Guard?

#345435 06/16/10 07:41 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! I like do have an official reason to hang out here, I'm the Off-Site Security Analyst for Medicus Two. My job is to like determine whether or not any given situation is secure enough to risk sending Medicus Two Personnel into harms way and junk like that.

It's a call someone outside the paramedic team has to make... cuz Sam & Tony always worry more about the people they're trying to save than they do about themselves.

Kind of like when they responded to the scene when you were shot. They weren't concerned about a shooter, they were there to save his victim. And you're like alive today because of that.

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#345436 06/17/10 07:17 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Of course, Britney! I owe them my life!

<thinks> Of course, they were on the scene AWFULLY quick--and I'm pretty sure the goal was always to de-power me and get rid of Lardi. Mission accomplished, I'd say. Well, I think they'll find Chief Taylor a more formidable adversary than they'd ever imagined!

#345437 06/17/10 01:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Good Evening Chief Taylor, It does an old Diplomats heart good to see you settling in so quickly. I see that Sir Hugh, the Permanent Secretary to the Legion World Treasury, has released the funds needed to establish the new organization on such a homely basis so soon. I hope you have managed to fill out all 37 pages of the requisition forms, PV 357.U.2a and the 44 pages of MYU 999.aaa.o234rRs so that the bureaucracy can start to allocate funds to the office and not to draw down Imprests against you personally as I don’t think even your salary can stand those sort of deductions

Now whilst I will need to return to my quarters for a rest before making my diplomatic reports to the LMBP leadership I thought I would just pop over to let you know the jist of the external security report.

Basically Anthony old chum, its “all quiet on the western front” as they say. Yes there’s the usual nonsense brewing in various sectors, For example the People’s Democratic Confederation of Argolis III are planning a pre-emptive strike on the Democratic People’s Union of Argolis IV over something the DPU’s First Speaker said about the PDC’s Deputy Vice Pro consuls mother twenty two years ago, and the Barbarian Hordes seem to have sacked another three planets in the Ulfgar sector. But all my contacts seem to be saying there is nothing heading our way for once.

Still we can catch up a little later once I’ve rested.

Pip pip old bean.

Faithfull
#345438 06/17/10 08:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
You have a certain...killer attitude...that I think will fit in nicely with what I have planned!
I'm intrigued... when's our first debriefing?

#345439 06/17/10 10:22 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Ah...Darden! <chuckles> You know I love it when you affect all those crazy British turns of phrase for me! Next thing you know you'll be telling me to "throw another shrimo on the barbie"! (or is that a French thing?)

Anyhow, it's been too damn long! Truth to tell, when I saw you come in, I had hopes that you were about to apply for the Elite Guard! I guess that would compromise with the diplomat thing, huh? (especially with what I've got planned...)

As for all those forms and such, I'm sure Gladys, my Executive Assistant, and her crew have got all the red tape covered.

By the way if you see Hrun around, tell him I've got a few 'castles' for him to storm should he decide to join my Elite Guard!

Sometime soon, you, me, Des and Lou (if we can find him!) need to get good and drunk and reminisce about the old days!

It's gonna be good times ahead, my friend, I can promise you that!

#345440 06/17/10 10:26 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<after Faraway departs for Cobalt's Lounge...>

Originally posted by SharkLad:
[b]You have a certain...killer attitude...that I think will fit in nicely with what I have planned!
I'm intrigued... when's our first debriefing?[/b]
Oh, it'll be real soon, Sharky. Just need to fill a couple more spots on the roster. I think we could use some Daxamite muscle to fill out our ranks...if you see Dev, tell him to come see me.

As for the rest, let's just say the Security Office is going to be a lot more proactive than in its previous incarnations....

#345441 06/18/10 01:24 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<stops in with a bottle of ginger ale>

Well, well, well...you've been working too hard, Chief!

<pats him on the back>

It's the little things that are annoying, isn't it? I got you a gift, but figured a real bottle of something would be too tempting once the first major crisis happens.

<sees Lardy is focused and has a lot to do>

I'll get out of your way, but try not to get too bogged down. Stop by the Lounge later if you need to unwind a bit.

#345442 06/18/10 01:35 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
I'll be there, Des, but it's caffeine, not alcohol, that's my drink ingredient of choice these days!

<looks at ginger ale>

Sadly, this has...neither. shrug

#345443 06/18/10 02:09 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
(I'm going to have to work on my non-alcohol beverage gifts laugh )

#345444 06/18/10 02:26 PM
Leader
Leader
Hmm, I'm starting to wonder aloud whether or not this "new improved" Office of Security is such a good idea. Not only have I NOT been convinced that the new uniforms won't be completely shame-inducing, but I'm also beginning to pick up on some possibly sinister uses of ellipses.

I dunno, maybe I'm just being...<blink>PARANOID</blink>!!!

#345445 06/18/10 04:04 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
"elipses", Fearless Leader? confused

As for the new unies...well, heh, there's gonna be LOTS of skin showing! laugh

#345446 06/19/10 05:52 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm pretty much naked as is ...

#345447 06/19/10 03:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Hmm, I'm starting to wonder aloud whether or not this "new improved" Office of Security is such a good idea. Not only have I NOT been convinced that the new uniforms won't be completely shame-inducing, but I'm also beginning to pick up on some possibly sinister uses of ellipses.

I dunno, maybe I'm just being...[b]<blink>PARANOID</blink>
!!![/b]
Rember Ram Boy
Just because you are paranoid, does not mean that
<blink> THEY </blink> are not out to get you.

Faithfull
#345448 06/19/10 03:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ah...Darden! <chuckles> You know I love it when you affect all those crazy British turns of phrase for me! Next thing you know you'll be telling me to "throw another shrimo on the barbie"! (or is that a French thing?)

Anyhow, it's been too damn long! Truth to tell, when I saw you come in, I had hopes that you were about to apply for the Elite Guard! I guess that would compromise with the diplomat thing, huh? (especially with what I've got planned...)

As for all those forms and such, I'm sure Gladys, my Executive Assistant, and her crew have got all the red tape covered.

By the way if you see Hrun around, tell him I've got a few 'castles' for him to storm should he decide to join my Elite Guard!

Sometime soon, you, me, Des and Lou (if we can find him!) need to get good and drunk and reminisce about the old days!

It's gonna be good times ahead, my friend, I can promise you that!
I hope so Anthony I hope so. I miss Lou too. Still join Des and me for a gin nightcap over at his new place. (bit seedy, but you have to let these young un’s get it out of their system)

By the by that phrase is antipodean i fear. And anyway you should know by now old bean I don’t do “French” My Lord Wellington would never approve.

I am glad to hear that the administration team is on top of things as I may have to submit some expenses forms, you know for some of the more “covert” operations of our diplomatic network. I do believe that Cobalt had a certain “fund” which we could use? Anyway, we can have a bit of a chin wag down at the old long bar at the club when you next pop over for Pimms and the cricket.

I’m afraid I’ll have to pass on joining the Elite Guard, Uniforms are a bit gaudy for my tastes. But, if you need manpower, I can have a squad of the Varangian Guard transferred from customs duty on the northern wall to bolster your own security.

I’ll get a message to Hrun for you as soon as I see him, It sounds right up his street.

Faithfull
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,208
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
CatShifter, Dream Girl, Tymann
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Oracle Boy
Oracle Boy
The 'Net
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star