Roll Call
0 members (), 125 Murran Spies, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/03/24 02:52 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/03/24 02:29 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:58 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:53 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/02/24 07:35 PM
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: Which Lost character are you?
#555777 05/03/12 03:29 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
e6

So apparently Sayid has fallen completely under Shannon's siren spell. She isn't right for you Sayid... I am!

*glares at ghost-Walt* He must be using his Shining powers, or something.

Charlie, Claire and baby Aaron make such a sweet family, though I foresee problems.

Hmm. Shannon's dad was killed by the collision with Sarah (Jack's future wife). These things are all coincidence? For some reason I doubt it...

Somebody save my Sawpants!!!

If Rose doesn't like the hatch, then her old buddy MLLASH hates it with every fiber of his being, because he knows that Rose is always right!

Crying Aaron misses Sawpants' super-baby soothing speech powers.

Locke now knows everything abour babies. Is there anything he can't do? *eyeroll* Yeah Locke, I'm still mad, they showed Boone's grave, reminding Shannon and me how much we miss him!!

HOT DAMN... my Boonie's back via flashback and looking hotter than EVAH! I may faint...

MLLASH = an Eko fan. And although I love my chicks badass, I'm ready to see a softer side of Sears. And Ana Lucia.

Michael demands some answers, and gets a little info for all of us about the dreaded OTHERS.

Shannon's stepmom = grade A bitch. I now fully and completely understand her pulling the stunts with Boone to get money, and applaud her for it.

Locke is trying to get back into my good graces by watching out for Charlie... well played, John Locke.

I keep going back and forth on Michael... do I like him, do I not? I think he redeems whatever past issues I had with him by demanding the stretcher for Sawyer. The sight of that burning comic is forever lodged in my mind though smile

I like Libby: Island Girl Psychologist, but get weird vibes from the lesbian-looking lady. At least I hope she's a lesbian, as the island is way too gay-free (which is probably why being there sucks). And now she's gone! Cindy is her name... Cindy, I didn't know you well but I applaud your lesbianism if not the weird vibes you gave off.

Ian Somerhalder, you are one beautiful man. Shannon shoulda just took the money and paid him back later.

Wow. A whole lot of "ghostly whispers and murmuring" (that's what the captions call it) this episode... I want that explained, STAT.

OH NO!!!! Just when I had forgiven Shannon for everything! Ana Lucia's made an enemy out of Sayid.

I'd say LOST is back on its feet solidly after 3 somewhat disappointing episodes, the past 3 have been very good.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#555778 05/03/12 07:04 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I forgot how early in the season that episode was. Season 2 had a lot of content to it. I'm betting you really dig the end of the next episode. EDIT: Sorry, I mean the end of episode 8 (though episode 7 is great too and will clear up at least one thing already discussed in this thread).

#555779 05/03/12 07:14 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I remember being kind of annoyed at Cindy's disappearance. She'd kind of fascinated me since the Pilot, and then, just when it looked like she was going to become a major character, she vanished.

#555780 05/03/12 07:27 AM
strange but not a stranger
You All Everybody Lyrics and backstory

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/You_All_Everybody

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#555781 05/03/12 07:30 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
^^Er... the above contains spoilers if you read "The Appearances in the Show" part.

#555782 05/03/12 07:47 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I remember being kind of annoyed at Cindy's disappearance. She'd kind of fascinated me since the Pilot, and then, just when it looked like she was going to become a major character, she vanished.
Hmmm, Adding an aside Spoiler to discuss this without Lash

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Cindy's re-appearances frustrated me more. She and the kids are huge plot hole for the Others, as it looks like they're brainwashed/indoctrinated, but then no, they're just hanging out. It was so sloppy that it makes you wonder if the creators actually knew what the Others were all about or just made it up as they went along.

The other point of frustration was Juliet. Yes, she was an "outsider" but she was enough a part of their society to get the punishment branding, and was close with Ben and other high ranking members. That she didn't know ANYTHING useful to tell the Losties after her defection was confirmed is ridiculous. Heck she played house with Sawyer for FIVE YEARS, and there was nothing she told them about the temple, theories about Jacob, the Monster, etc.?</span></span>

#555783 05/03/12 09:06 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">
My assumption is that they must have simply done something which convinced Cindy that they actually are the "good guys" and that joining them is the right thing to do. But what that is... I don't know. Maybe they did something similar to curing Juliet's sister for her? We could definitely have used some sort of Cindy flashback episode to work this stuff out and explain the Other more generally. I'm pretty sure they could've cut at least one Jack/Kate/Locke flashback to make room for it. Also irritating is that the final fate of her and the kids is not made clear in the show. Apparently, the Lost Encyclopedia indicates that they survived and continued to live on the island under Hurley's stewardship, but it would have been nice to get some closure to their subplot.

I can kind of understand Juliet not knowing about the Temple, and not knowing much about the monster, but, yeah, it definitely seems like she should have some more useful intel than she does. </span></span>

#555784 05/03/12 09:26 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The Others are right up there on my (short) list of mis-handled LOST sub-plots.

They evoked such danger/menace (to me anyway) in these early seasons and then just became so banal later on. I guess that was part of the twist with them but it was still a bit of a dropped ball IMO.

Plus - they (and Jacob and Richard and Ben) were so downright evil in their killing of innocent people for vague and selfish reasons that it always pissed me off that they didn't get more of a come-uppance for their actions than they did. I know most of the secondary Others died - but I wanted to see Richard and Ben pay a lot higher price than they did. Ben was a great character and Michael Emerson gave a phenomenal performance as him, but that character had earned a much worse fate than that happy, island-buddy existence with Hurley that the show left him with.</span></span>

#555785 05/03/12 11:09 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I don't remember lesbian Cindy from the pilot at all. Surely I would have remembered her making out with some chick. Anyone wanna refresh my memory of her pilot appearance?

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#555786 05/03/12 11:16 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
She was the one who gave Jack the extra tequilla bottle on the sly with a sexy little grin that indicated perhaps she might let Jack watch her next lesbian flight attendent makeout session.

Hm, I like her a lot more now that I typed that.

#555787 05/03/12 11:16 AM
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
I don't remember lesbian Cindy from the pilot at all. Surely I would have remembered her making out with some chick. Anyone wanna refresh my memory of her pilot appearance?
Cindy was the flight attendant who gave Jack the second mini bottle of vodka (or whatever type of liquor it was)

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#555788 05/03/12 11:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
OHHH! I totes liked her!!!! Thanks guys!

#555789 05/03/12 12:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Both Dave H and Teeds have implied that I should really enjoy the next episode... let's see just how well they know their old buddy MLLASH...

e7

Hmm. Based on the opening segment, I am guessing this will be another winner. Looks like a focus on Ana Lucia crew's ordeal on the island. I had guessed by the title (The Other 48 Days) that this ep would focus on the No Name Squad survivors on Jack's side and thell their stories but this works too.

Poor Cindy... I think she's off the clock since the plane crashed, Eko!

So we meet Goodwin. I won't get attached despite his kinda-handsomeness and great hair because I know he's gonna get OTHERed to death...

Bernard's a smidge annoying here but probably because it's just post-crash... I am sure once he quits whimpering a little my annoyance will pass... (can you tell I'm trying to decide if he's good enough for my beloved Rose?)

Yeesh. I sure wouldn't have wanted to end up on Ana L's side of the island... that side sucks!

Our first real glimpse of The Others... they're just people like you and me. When you smash a rock in their face, do they not bleed and die? Now to figure out just what their deal is... do they abduct others then force them to become one of them through some sort of Island Stockholm Syndrome indoctrination? WHY do this? What is their link to this Dharma Initiative? Are they the free-love hippies behind it all?

And creepyass Nathan is found out... why are the hot ones always so cray-cray?

TWIST!!!!! Goodwin is evil and surly yet hot though now dead Nathan is innocent!

Good riddance, jackass. You don't eff with Ana. "The kids are fine"... "Nathan wasn't a good person"... the words of Goodwin imply to me that the Others are definitely free-love hippies seeking to grow their deviant ranks!

Boone's voice! It's like sex for my ears smile And thus the last remnants of my purgatory theory are ground beneath the heels of the writing staff of LOST which I have obviously left now, with the revelation of what Boone actually heard versus what the show (and captions) were trying to make us think we heard...

The softer side of Ana I wanted! Obviously I was wrong... I'm still in the past cowriting under an assumed name.

And we're up to date! Def. a winning episode, full of information and backstory and just plain MEETING THESE PEOPLE, all things I like.

#555790 05/03/12 01:48 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Definitely one of the classic episodes! The first one to break format and take place entirely on the island, as I recall!

It was definitely the sucky group to be in! Even their Dharma station pretty much sucked compared to Jack's crew's!

#555791 05/03/12 01:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I always LOVED the opening (I think) shot of this episode with all of the plane wreckage raining out of the sky onto that pristine beach.

LOST had some GREAT images/sequences!

#555792 05/03/12 01:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Bernard's a smidge annoying here but probably because it's just post-crash... I am sure once he quits whimpering a little my annoyance will pass
[Linked Image]

*GLARE*!

#555793 05/03/12 02:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
e8

Goodbye Shannon... I suspect your death was more a cost-saving measure so that LOST wouldn't have to pay for Ian to appear in flashbacks anymore...

Eko's met his fighting match in Sayid!

ROSE!!!! GOLF!!!! And I'm going to have to take a brief nap and resume this ep afterwards. Seeya shirtly.

#555794 05/03/12 02:08 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Fun fact: Originally, in the alt-Lost in which Jack died, it was supposed to be Kate's husband who was in the tail section. As plans changed, this no longer fit the character, and so they created Rose primarily to use this plotline!

#555795 05/03/12 02:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Rose heard how much I love her. She had this to say in reply:

[Linked Image]

Just like Boone when he heard about that dream I had:

[Linked Image]

#555796 05/03/12 02:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
e8

Goodbye Shannon... I suspect your death was more a cost-saving measure so that LOST wouldn't have to pay for Ian to appear in flashbacks anymore...

ROSE!!!! GOLF!!!! And I'm going to have to take a brief nap and resume this ep afterwards. Seeya shirtly.
I really liked Shannon as well ....

Ana Lucia and Echo are also some of my faves ... along with the Sun and Jin

#555797 05/03/12 02:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
e8

I really liked Shannon as well ....

Ana Lucia and Echo are also some of my faves ... along with the Sun and Jin

#555798 05/03/12 09:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
e8 continued

I don't understand why people on this show have such a hard time just TALKING to each other... why is Ana not telling Sayid, "I'm so sorry-- it was an acccident-- we were running from The Others?? Michael is right there to confirm this... it might at least knock Sayid's understandable rage down a click...

FINALLY Sawyer's back to Jack... now if only Eko will just SAY SOMETHING... hooray!! He did!

HooooOOOkay... Ana's 'tude is officially on my nerves. There's a fine line between badass and batshit crazy and she's teetered over to the batside.

Now Kate? Kate has good bedside manners!

Yeah! Bernard (and Libby) stood up to Ana. I'm more proud for him because I am ready for the reunion scene!

***WAVES ARMS CRAZILY*** DAMN== FINALLY!!!!! Eko communicates and MAYBE this situation can resolve without any further bloodshed? Cripes on a sesame seed cracker, it's about time!

"I feel dead." A powerful line from Ana Lucia... I'll bet this one set the purgatory theorists' ears on fire (surely I am not the only one of those there were)...

I'll weep no tears for dead criminal Jason. Live by the bullet, die by the bullet and all that. One less scumbag to worry about and stuff. (Your old buddy MLLASH's liberalism only stretches so far I'm afraid)

Shitsnacks, is the me who went back to the past TRYING to write in scenes that respark my purgatory theory?!? STOP IT, me of the future who is currently in the past!! Powerful stuff with Ana and Sayid...

Those mastermind emotional manipulators behind LOST had me crying like a tweenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert during the Rose/Bernard/Sun/Jin reunions!!!

While I would have preferred Shannon not have been killed and am annoyed by the nonsensical disappearance of possible lesbian Cindy (I can only assume that will be revisited later), they uniting of the two groups has been otherwise pretty satisfactory!

#555799 05/04/12 08:59 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I don't think it's giving away too much to say there will be some unexpected departures along the way, and not all of them are story driven. Certain Actors/Actresses left the show for different reasons as things progressed, and to the writer's credit, they were handled fairly organically (with one glaring exception).

Maggie Grace's departure (Shannon) was early enough that it didn't get the scrutiny others did, but there was a lot of speculation she wanted out for a movie career. Gee, wonder how that turned out?

#555800 05/04/12 09:51 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I sort of assumed that they wanted Ana Lucia to kill on of the original cast as part of her story and to create conflict between the newbies and the originals, and Shannon was just considered the most expendable at that point. I suppose they could've had her shoot Steve, but that wouldn't have had the same impact. wink

#555801 05/04/12 03:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You mean 'Scott', of course wink

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,860
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Jesse Jackson
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Sam Pureheart
Sam Pureheart
Medicus Two
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star