Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 56 Murran Spies, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:07 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 05:26 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 42 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 41 42
Re: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
#59057 03/27/08 08:19 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I actually don't care about the Johnsboot KK or Triplicate Girl, but Una being eaten alive by rats was one of the most stupid and revolting things I ever saw happen to a Legionnaire.

Given the disdain shown to these two characters in Countdown, I wouldn't be willing to bet their teammates in the 31st century are guaranteed safe passage through Final Crisis. Something else else about the whole thing is definitely not kosher.

#59058 03/27/08 08:32 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Tromium:
Given the disdain shown to these two characters in Countdown, I wouldn't be willing to bet their teammates in the 31st century are guaranteed safe passage through Final Crisis. Something else else about the whole thing is definitely not kosher.
I strongly suspect that Final Crisis will have *lots* of Legionnaire deaths at the 'hands' of those shadows.

Didio *loves* killin' folk. Three different Legions? This is a killing field that makes the Teen Titans look like a traffic accident.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#59059 03/27/08 08:56 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah I would be worried about your favorites folks.

These days, the return of a favorite not seen in years means the same thing as when in the 5th act of a Shakespearian tragedy, some guy shows up and announces "Hail and well met, I'm Cannon Fodder, son of your old friend Didio come to aid you in your hour of need."

I would imagine the first blow comes on the opening splash page for greater effect.

#59060 03/27/08 09:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Reboot:
And they got... what... something like $140 out of you for something which gave you no pleasure at all?
[Insert sex-related joke of one's choice here]

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#59061 03/27/08 09:11 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Tromium:
I actually don't care about the Johnsboot KK or Triplicate Girl, but Una being eaten alive by rats was one of the most stupid and revolting things I ever saw happen to a Legionnaire.

???
Has Johns really been involved with Countdown?

#59062 03/27/08 05:40 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
No, I'm pretty sure he's had almost no involvement, and he said pretty much that in an interview related to the diconnect between GL and Countdown.

#59063 03/27/08 06:23 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by kcekada:
Hell, they couldn't even draw Val's and Luornu's costumes correctly. Such an insipid series.

I dropped it weeks ago. Thought it would be better in the single digit numbers, but it's actually worse.

I get the feeling that neither Karate Kid nor Una were the real deal. Clones... possibly.

If anyone is trade-waiting, do yourself a favor and buy a Legion Archive or TPB instead.
Or $20 worth of Bazooka Joe gum and read the comics all together and try to make some sense of them as one long sequential story. Which would still make more sense than Countdown.

If only Lu had tried shouting "Stupid, stupid Rat Creatures!" That might have made it more worthwhile.

#59064 03/28/08 07:22 AM
Devil's Advocate
Devil's Advocate
"Stupid, stupid Rat Creatures!" I love it! laugh A Bone reference on this board!

Watching television is not an activity.
#59065 03/28/08 07:47 AM
Leader
Leader
What a pathetic end to one of my favorite Legionnaires. And such crappy art. Glad I didn't buy any of it. I've generally hated most of DC's crossover events and wish they'd leave the Legion out of them. Seems like that would be easy enough to do considering they live 1,000 years in the future and supposedly can't time travel anymore.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#59066 03/28/08 08:51 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I agree Jim. The lamest one was Millenium, with Laurel Kent being revealed to be a Manhunter with faulty wiring (so she didn't activate for 1000 years). Other mega-crossovers, like Crisis, seemed wierd to include the Legion in. Okay, if the universe is being wiped out by a wave of anti-matter in 1985, don't you think a team from 2985 would have noticed that in their historical records??? I mean, at least that Brainy fella, he's kinda observant. wink Where was the logic in time being erased in both centuries simultaneously? At least Zero Hour's effect on the Legion made a little more sense chronological speaking. If the future and past are both being erased and working their way back to the present, the 30th century would vanish before the 20th. I liked how during one of the final battles, Booster Gold vanished (a la Marty McFly), because his 25th century no longer existed. Time travel paradoxes are always fun, but the original COIE really went freaky with it. "All time exists at once, so we can include everyone from Anthro to Kamandi in one story..." Hey, that plot sounds familiar... Final Crisis anyone?

As for "Una", is DC ever going to explain why 1/3 of Triplicate Girl was there to begin with? She told Val Brainy sent her to stay with him in the present, dressed as Triplicate Girl, but only has 1 body now. By the time Val joined the Legion she was Duo Damsel, nor did Luornu explain why she only had one body left.

I'm starting to think she was never Lu at all, but a decoy sent by someone (a Monitor or Darkseid or somebody) to keep Val in the 20th century knowing he had the deadly virus. That's another thing we haven't been told: How Val was still alive in the 31st century and where/how he contracted this fatal disease.

Only a bunch of lame questions and stupid deaths... The Legion connection to this drivel was my only real reason for buying Countdown. Ultimately a waste of my time and money!

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#59067 03/28/08 10:04 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
I agree Jim. The lamest one was Millenium, with Laurel Kent being revealed to be a Manhunter with faulty wiring (so she didn't activate for 1000 years).
That one still burns me, 'cause I loved Laurel Kent. Complete with S-poncho!

Nowadays when people say 'Laurel' they are referring to She-Mon-El instead, and I'm always disappointed.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#59068 03/28/08 10:28 AM
K
KB Offline
Applicant
Applicant
K
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
I agree Jim. The lamest one was Millenium, with Laurel Kent being revealed to be a Manhunter with faulty wiring (so she didn't activate for 1000 years). Other mega-crossovers, like Crisis, seemed wierd to include the Legion in. Okay, if the universe is being wiped out by a wave of anti-matter in 1985, don't you think a team from 2985 would have noticed that in their historical records??? I mean, at least that Brainy fella, he's kinda observant. wink Where was the logic in time being erased in both centuries simultaneously? At least Zero Hour's effect on the Legion made a little more sense chronological speaking. If the future and past are both being erased and working their way back to the present, the 30th century would vanish before the 20th. I liked how during one of the final battles, Booster Gold vanished (a la Marty McFly), because his 25th century no longer existed. Time travel paradoxes are always fun, but the original COIE really went freaky with it. "All time exists at once, so we can include everyone from Anthro to Kamandi in one story..." Hey, that plot sounds familiar... Final Crisis anyone?

As for "Una", is DC ever going to explain why 1/3 of Triplicate Girl was there to begin with? She told Val Brainy sent her to stay with him in the present, dressed as Triplicate Girl, but only has 1 body now. By the time Val joined the Legion she was Duo Damsel, nor did Luornu explain why she only had one body left.

I'm starting to think she was never Lu at all, but a decoy sent by someone (a Monitor or Darkseid or somebody) to keep Val in the 20th century knowing he had the deadly virus. That's another thing we haven't been told: How Val was still alive in the 31st century and where/how he contracted this fatal disease.

Only a bunch of lame questions and stupid deaths... The Legion connection to this drivel was my only real reason for buying Countdown. Ultimately a waste of my time and money!
Someone mentioned elsewhere that both Karate Kid and Una were already dead in Legion continuity. Karate Kid of course being killed by Nemesis Kid and Triplicate Girl had at least one of her bodies killed.

The fact that they were both previously dead could be relevant.

#59069 03/28/08 11:40 AM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
No way. Lamest by far was "Genesis." What a dumb story, beginning to end.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#59070 03/28/08 12:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll see your Genesis and raise you... Bloodlines!

#59071 03/28/08 12:39 PM
Active
Active
yes but did Genesis or Bloodlines take 52 issues to tell?

Long Live the Legion!
#59072 03/28/08 02:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Dumb as those stories were I believe those crossovers were more coherent.

I cant read Countdown. And does Countdown really even tell a story or is it just the induction scene of the final act?

#59073 03/28/08 03:25 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm with stephbarton. Those crossovers lasted a few months not a whole year.

You know I liked the minis that spinned out pre-Infinity Crisis, IC, 52, and Countdown. But the actual year long series of Countdown? blah.

I wouldn't have minded a Karate Kid mini, a Harley/Catwoman mini, a Piper/Trickster mini, a 12 issue Donna, Jason and Kyle series, etc.

#59074 03/28/08 04:02 PM
Active
Active
i firmly believe that countdown was nothing more then a ploy because 52 did so well, and i also believe the idea of 52 is a good idea that was executed badly. a new comic every week is a good idea, but only if it amounts to something

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#59075 03/28/08 06:01 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by stephbarton:
yes but did Genesis or Bloodlines take 52 issues to tell?
No, but Bloodlines did give the Legion "Jamm," and that annual had about 26 issues of concentrated stupid in it.

#59076 03/28/08 08:10 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by matlock:
No, but Bloodlines did give the Legion "Jamm," and that annual had about 26 issues of concentrated stupid in it.[/QB]
Thanks for reminding me of that dreck. lol

#59077 03/28/08 08:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
From the weekly Newarama Countdown Column

Mike Carlin: The way we see it is that Karate Kid caught the virus while visiting his past (our present) but HIS bloodstream with all it’s future-antibiotics and nanites and stuff mutated the virus and caused the other Legionnaires to leave Karate Kid behind. But, yeah, the past and future and multiverse are the playground we’ve been working with.
So Brainy left him to die in the 21st century with a temporal anomalous disease caused by their time travel that could wipe out history when in the 31st century a school child could likely cure his team-mate? This makes sense how?

#59078 03/28/08 08:48 PM
G
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
G
Originally posted by googoomuck:
Originally posted by matlock:
No, but Bloodlines did give the Legion "Jamm," and that annual had about 26 issues of concentrated stupid in it.
Thanks for reminding me of that dreck. lol [/QB]
No kidding! smile Things like this make me realize why I only buy Legion and the occasional other book (like the current Action story).

I almost had a bad freakout when Bloodlines and Genesis were mentioned!

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

#59079 03/28/08 08:53 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
From the weekly Newarama Countdown Column

[b]Mike Carlin: The way we see it is that Karate Kid caught the virus while visiting his past (our present) but HIS bloodstream with all it’s future-antibiotics and nanites and stuff mutated the virus and caused the other Legionnaires to leave Karate Kid behind. But, yeah, the past and future and multiverse are the playground we’ve been working with.
So Brainy left him to die in the 21st century with a temporal anomalous disease caused by their time travel that could wipe out history when in the 31st century a school child could likely cure his team-mate? This makes sense how?[/b]
Keith Giffen was the Story Consultant on Countdown #6. I think that's all you need to know.

#59080 03/28/08 09:07 PM
Active
Active
keith Giffen hates the legion every one knows that

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#59081 03/28/08 09:08 PM
Active
Active
sorry to jump off the keith Giffen sucks line

but i noticed something odd in the action 858 and forgive me for pointing this out if it has been but they go back in time to give super man a flight ring, shouldn't those have not been invented yet?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
Page 35 of 42 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,843
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Andorian Lantern
Andorian Lantern
New York, NY
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star