Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad), 39 Murran Spies, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/10/24 10:28 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/10/24 08:29 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 10 JUNE*
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/10/24 05:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/10/24 01:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/10/24 01:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/10/24 01:55 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/10/24 01:54 AM
Moonmoons.
by thoth lad - 06/09/24 07:50 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 34 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 33 34
Re: Heroes-- New Season (Spoilers Inside)
#591333 05/01/07 06:02 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
I thought it was really interesting how "comic book-y" this show has become. They boosted Watchmen last week, this week they boost Days of Future Past. Loved it. LOVED Peter and Hiro kicking ass.
it's not boosting in the entertainment industry. it's an homage. smile

as for the episode I enjoyed it very much. for me one of the cool points was how proficient everyone was in the use of their power. Peter, Hiro, Matt, etc. all those folks were functioning at a high level.

I don't think this has been mentioned, but maybe Sylar has to be killed for this reason: what if Sylar kills someone significant to Peter(his mom) or maybe in general combat Peter overloads trying to kill Sylar. just throwing it out there.

Mohinder really hadn't changed much in 5 years had he? I try to like the character, but I keep it would be better if Papa Suresh(sp?) was still around.

also, unlike a lot of you, I regard Nathan as threat. in fact, it wasn't until the killing of Claire, that I realized it wasn't Nathan. think about it, all that he had said until then didn't make me blink, until he started slicing Claire.

lastly, Ando still rocks. he didn't freak out about hearing his (potential) fate, and he gave that pep talk to Hiro. Nathan could learn a thing or two from Ando.

#591334 05/01/07 06:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I said it early and I still do, Ando is the secret star of this show and it's catching on. Reading different boards, he is becoming an emotional favorite.

He's the underdog. He's the friend you can always trust and who's there for you in the nick of time. He's the Karate Kid. No powers living equally amongst the Gods. I really hope by the end of it all, Ando is the secret to winning even if it has to be in a sacrificial role.

#591335 05/01/07 08:00 PM
Active
Active
Well, I'm loving this because you really don't know what's going to happen. And while I do see a bit of Days of Future Past and Watchmen, so what? All good art borrows from something to some extent. It can be argued that there are no completely original ideas.

Some thoughts about the latest episode.
First, it's more than likely (and probably inevitable story-wise) the future timeline we saw last night has diverged with the one we know. I mean I suppose future-Hiro had no way of knowing Claire was still alive since the other cheerleader as killed anyway and Claire has gone into hiding but how did he know about her in the first place? Just from Isaac's paintings? I suppose that's possible. One other thing I found odd is that Syler, after worming his way into the Presidency was so willing to give that up when he heard about Peter. I know he's trying to eliminate the competition but now (then?) everyone knows the president is a [mutant]. AAAAANYway, Hiro is supposedly going to kill Sylar, no problem Sylar is an evil f**k and deserves to die. But, will this save New York? Not if Peter is the one who blew it up UNLESS, Peter going nuclear was the result of being in contact with Slyar... And what about Matt and Mohinder working to round up the "special" people? My guess is it's the result of Sylar using his influence power.

I somehow doubt many of these (future)questions will be answered my guess is the remaining episodes will take lace in the present. Unless, Sylar steals Hiro's spacetime folding power...

Okay, now my brain hurts, I guess I'm just going to have to wait until next week and read the on line comics. *Sigh*

confused

Is that a moon?
#591336 05/01/07 08:02 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Just before the appearance of Hiro's dad I was totally calling Ando out as someone that daddy had hired to take his awkward dorky son under his wing and help him 'get out' some.

Particularly when Hiro turned to say something to Ando about, "I'd never betray you!" I was just waiting for Ando to turn out to be in daddy's employ as a glorified babysitter who had only belatedly come to regard Hiro as an actual friend, and not a 'job'...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#591337 05/01/07 08:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
hey got a question, why not Hiro go back to the time where Sylar was "born" and kill him off so New York would not be destroyed? Or Hiro go back to where Nathan and Claire's Mom meets and he was the one to intervene them by making sure that their path don't cross path so Claire would not be existed? Argh! my mind is scrambled at best.

#591338 05/01/07 09:02 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
It seemed kind of implausible that the one particular point on the subway was the exact moment that he had to intervene to change things.

Basically, it seems the way Hiro's power works is that he can change things by going back to the past, but he himself is unaffected by the changes (so that he doesn't know what's been changed when he returns to the future). Hence Future Hiro not knowing that Claire had now been saved.

We seem to be dealing with three major timelines in this episode:

1) Claire is killed, and Sylar gains the power of regeneration. Hiro stabs Sylar, but he regenerates. It's not clear if in this timeline it's actually Sylar that explodes or not. This is the timeline that Future Hiro comes from.

2) Future Hiro travels back and changes things ("save the cheerleader..."), so that Claire is saved. Apparently, Sylar isn't stabbed in this timeline, since he's still alive. However, New York is still destroyed when Peter blows up. This is the timeline that this episode actually takes place in. Apparently, one of the things that was set in motion by Future Hiro's trip to the past was that Present Hiro would take this trip to the future.

3) Now we've got whatever happens now that present Hiro travels back, having experienced this particular future.

#591339 05/01/07 10:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Uranus Lad:
One other thing I found odd is that Syler, after worming his way into the Presidency was so willing to give that up when he heard about Peter. ...Sylar is an evil f**k
I kinda of look at that as answering your own question. When he took flight, my first thought was like yours. Then I remembered, Syler is nuts.

I'm not sure, have we really any idea into Syler's motivations? I thought he mentioned sometime why he's killing everyone and is so angry?

#591340 05/01/07 10:44 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
We should be getting some insight into Sylar's motivations next time.

Though I assumed is concern was a result of the fact that Hiro was escaping. You know... the guy who's planning on killing him once he returns to the past.

#591341 05/02/07 12:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just joining the Dropped Jaw Chorus.

LOVED the 5-Years Later episode!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#591342 05/02/07 08:49 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My interpretation of Sylar's motives is that he wants to be "special." That appears to be translating into wanting to be unique, hence his future plan to basically kill all of the metas.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#591343 05/02/07 09:23 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I never necessarily thought that "save the world" = "save New York". Besdies, that's just future Hiro being dramatic. I have a feeling they'll blow up New York anyway. But they'll manage to kill Sylar preventing him from becoming President. The question will be whether or not Nathan will end up following Sylar's footsteps in his presidency towards the dark side.

#591344 05/02/07 08:28 PM
Active
Active
Another thing is: Sylar has Isaac's prognostication ability now right? I guess it would be safe to assume he has the same limitations but I digress. Maybe future Sylar saw Hiro's foray into the future and that's why he's so hell bent on getting there like EDE said. But it seemed to me he was more concerned with Peter being there than Hiro. Peter is his only real competition after all and he even says something about eliminating the competition.. I mean, yeah, Sylar may be nuts but he is also calculating and extremely smart so if he got Hiro's power he'd be pretty much unstoppable. Oh, I dunno, why do I do this to myself. Maybe I should just watch the episode again.

Is that a moon?
#591345 05/02/07 11:07 PM
Active
Active
sylar said he wanted to eliminate the competition

#591346 05/02/07 11:36 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Suresh told him about Hiro's plan to travel back in time to kill him, which is why he wanted Suresh to kill Hiro in the first place. I would think that Peter's being there just made it obvious that this was an extremely serious threat to him.

#591347 05/03/07 05:37 PM
Active
Active
Mark August 28 on your calendars and save some money up. YATTA!!

Heroes DVD news: \'Heroes\' Season 1 Release Date

#591348 05/04/07 05:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If they can pull off a credible final that lives up to the season, that DVD is going to be hard to find on the shelves.

#591349 05/04/07 06:15 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Originally posted by kenaustin:
Mark August 28 on your calendars and save some money up. YATTA!!

Heroes DVD news: \'Heroes\' Season 1 Release Date
That's the day before my birthday. Now you all know what to get me! wink

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#591350 05/05/07 12:00 PM
Active
Active
What a coincidence! It's only 171 days before my birthday! I'll take a gift early, though. smile

#591351 05/09/07 07:44 PM
Active
Active
i take it no one enjoyed heroes on monday.
I found it interesting that Sylar could actually move during the time freeze, unless it was just that hiro was taking to long to make his decision.
I have been reading the online comic and i highly recommend to fans of the show, especially the storyline WAR BUDDIES, six parts.

#591352 05/10/07 09:39 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Yeah, how exactly did that happen? Interesting insights into Sylar--wasn't that Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors as his mom? They almost made me sympathetic, until I remembered that I hate Sylar as much as I've hated any TV villain ever.

I know that to a certain extent Hiro is battling the possibility of becoming future Hiro, but Ando is right. Poop or get off the pot.

Nice to see Claire reunited with the dad who actually does care about her.

Speaking of which, the war for Nathan's soul kicks into high gear. Isn't there any of the older generation of heroes that IS actually heroic?

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#591353 05/10/07 09:47 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I bet Mr Sulu ends up being heroic. Although he was shown to be working with Linderman years ago, I bet they parted ways at some point.

I think Sylar was able to move because Hiro's indecision caused his powers to fluxuate.

Oh, and when did Sylar get his Iceman powers? Was that from someone we saw him get this season, or was it pre-episode 1?

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#591354 05/10/07 09:56 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
One of Molly Walker's parents was shown frozen, so presumably Sylar had the Iceman powers before we met him.

#591355 05/11/07 06:44 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Does anyone else think Linderman wants Micah to use his powers to alter the election results (since more and more ballots are electronic each year). The next ep is called "Landslide".

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#591356 05/11/07 09:52 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I figure you're right on Craig, what with all the controversy over the electronic voting machines here in "real" world.

#591357 05/12/07 08:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I bet Mr Sulu ends up being heroic.
I agree and hope you're right. Hiro already is destined to lose his best pal. Anymore and he becomes a tragic figure, which I do not really want for that character.

Page 23 of 34 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,027
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
slurpee lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ghost of Numf El
Ghost of Numf El
Scatland
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star