Roll Call
0 members (), 19 Murran Spies, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/08/24 04:48 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/08/24 04:45 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:54 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:53 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Ann Hebistand - 06/08/24 07:31 AM
Pattern Recognition
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:10 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 01:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Legion of Super-Heroes #18 Solicit
#593446 12/10/12 08:28 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Jay Kay:
Oh, and before I forget, there was one other Legion related solicit for March from their collections:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2012/12/legion-worlds.jpg

LEGION WORLDS TP
Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING
Art by YVEL GUICHET,
OLIVIER COIPEL, DARWYN COOKE, STEVE DILLON, KLAUS JANSON, MIKE McKONE and others
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
On sale APRIL 24 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US
• Different Legionnaires are spotlighted as the team attempts to find a new identity and mission following the epic LEGION LOST. Mon-El, Spark, Magno, Starboy, Karate Kid and Apparition face menaces on their homeworlds while trying to find a way to rejoin the rest of the team.
• Collects LEGION WORLDS #1-6.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/...-solicitations-march-2013/#ixzz2EXU30ycN
Glad to see them collect Worlds, even if the art is uneven (the #1, #2 and #4 lead stories have *really* bad art) and hopefully it presages collections of The Legion. Format whiplash after the Lost HC though...

[And, besides my rage at "Mon-El" rather than M'Onel - at least they got the other codenames right - could they have done a more amateurish job with blanking the old logo/barcode? I hope they've still got all the elements to do a better job on the cover-proper...]

Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Didn't the Legion Lost and Legion of the Damned trades also come out during the "Retroboot Era"?
Well, the LotD "100 Page Spectacular" wasn't even a TPB, it was just an oversized comic. That it took them two goes to print right (they printed the first attempt ordered as Lgs #79, Lgs #80, LSH #122, LSH #123 - i.e., parts 2→4→1→3 - and so needed to recall and reprint).

And, yes, Legionnaires #78 (DnA's first issue, introducing Robotica, mostly drawn by Jeff Moy & co but with an epilogue/LotD prologue by Coipel) and "Widening Rifts" remain unreprinted.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#593447 12/10/12 11:25 PM
in hiding
in hiding
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
I might rather pay the 20 bucks than dig my originals out of the boxes in the garage. Mice probably got to them anyhow.
Having only recently picked up copies of the original books, I doubt I'll be shelling out the cash for this collection. Still, I'm glad they are publishing it (I just wish they had done so a year ago).

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
#593448 12/12/12 08:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by the Hermit:
[b] I might rather pay the 20 bucks than dig my originals out of the boxes in the garage. Mice probably got to them anyhow.
Having only recently picked up copies of the original books, I doubt I'll be shelling out the cash for this collection. Still, I'm glad they are publishing it (I just wish they had done so a year ago). [/b]
Originals can take you back to time and place better than the compilation, me anyhow. Buying the originals I think is still the better investment on enjoyment. I'm just too lazy to figure out which box and filled with too much fear to see what other boxes got damaged by the meeces.

#593449 12/13/12 01:44 AM
in hiding
in hiding
Originals can take you back to time and place better than the compilation, me anyhow. Buying the originals I think is still the better investment on enjoyment. I'm just too lazy to figure out which box and filled with too much fear to see what other boxes got damaged by the meeces. [/QB]
I agree about the originals (even if my own reading was on hiatus during this particular series's run). Sadly, I don't think the originals of today's books will have the same appeal, due to one small, but crucial element that always helped establish the context of a particular book: the letters page. Somehow books without lettercols just don't have the same sense of being tied to a particular time.

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
#593450 01/01/13 11:40 AM
Active
Active
I agree with comment on the letters page. Every time I read back issues, I always read the letters page to see what readers and writers were saying at the time. They often lead me to read the back issue that the letters were about. That is one thing I miss the most about today's comics.

Reboot #764291 02/22/13 10:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Reboot

And, yes, Legionnaires #78 (DnA's first issue, introducing Robotica, mostly drawn by Jeff Moy & co but with an epilogue/LotD prologue by Coipel) and "Widening Rifts" remain unreprinted.

Ugh. That was an excellent standalone issue that made for a good prologue to Damned. Shame it wasn't included.

Legion Worlds TPB: Cancelled.
Jay Kay #771192 05/16/13 07:52 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally Posted by Jay Kay
LEGION WORLDS TP
Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING
Art by YVEL GUICHET,
OLIVIER COIPEL, DARWYN COOKE, STEVE DILLON, KLAUS JANSON, MIKE McKONE and others
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
On sale APRIL 24 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US
• Different Legionnaires are spotlighted as the team attempts to find a new identity and mission following the epic LEGION LOST. Mon-El, Spark, Magno, Starboy, Karate Kid and Apparition face menaces on their homeworlds while trying to find a way to rejoin the rest of the team.
• Collects LEGION WORLDS #1-6.

See this? They lied. The TPB was cancelled by DC (look at the 05/2013 page on this), same as the Lost TPB from last year that was meant to follow the Lost HC.

Here's what the final cover would have looked like:

[Linked Image]

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Re: Legion Worlds TPB: Cancelled.
Jay Kay #771193 05/16/13 07:59 PM
And then there was steak!
And then there was steak!
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I was going to buy it! DANGIT DC, WHY YOU DO THIS?!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,987
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Gigglebot Girl
Gigglebot Girl
Northumberland