Roll Call
2 members (Lard Lad, Sarcasm Kid), 24 Murran Spies, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by stile86 - 06/15/24 08:28 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/15/24 08:28 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/15/24 08:21 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 06/15/24 08:20 PM
What I found today at my LCS!
by rickshaw1 - 06/15/24 06:26 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/15/24 10:14 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by rickshaw1 - 06/15/24 06:28 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 164 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 163 164
Re: SHAKES - ARCHIVE I (read only)
#636112 09/19/03 05:45 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Originally posted by Space Ranger:
[b]
[b] Hey, Space Ranger, wanna talk? Johnny Walker Black is on the house.
Sentient, is that offer still open? Except, I'd better stick to Kono Juice. [/b]
Ranger, yes let's talk. Let's go to that table over there in the corner. [/b]
That might be a good idea.

<follows Semi while looking around the room>

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#636113 09/19/03 05:50 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Ok, Ranger, apology accepted. I guess you realize, that under the circumstances, I'm not going to sue you and you don't have to concern yourself with reporting your indiscretion to your insurance carrier. However, do realize that in my day job, I have a certain familiarity with the court system as an advocate, and will not hesitate to employ that familiarity, should the harassment continue.

So, Range baby (we've all been wanting to call you that, and you should consider a name change -- you know, soften the image a bit) ---Level with me. What the nass is going on? You know by now that I'm a straight-shooter (figuratively that is). I'm not part of the intrigue, despite the unfortunate fact that it seems to be centered in my establishment.

I'd like some explanations. Your turn...

#636114 09/19/03 05:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
sorry to interupt *ahem* but what's a girl to do around here to get a drink?

<thinks to self - if only they had a str8 barman I wouldn't get ignored like this!>

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#636115 09/19/03 05:58 PM
Deputy
Deputy
OK, That is fair enough.

<Pauses, seeming to consider how to start.>

The problem seems to be on three levels.

First, is the political unrest after the recent elections. We believe that that is a result of one or more of the defeated candidates bringing in some Durlans in an attempt to unsettle the Crujectra Administration.

Second is the recent arrivals of several known criminals and questionable types. They seem to be adversely affecting behavour patterns here on Legion World. Look at Icefyre and MMLASH among others.

Third...

#636116 09/19/03 06:00 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Harbinger:
sorry to interupt *ahem* but what's a girl to do around here to get a drink?

<thinks to self - if only they had a str8 barman I wouldn't get ignored like this!>
She need only ask. Batting her eyelids and staring longingly at bartender also work. Contrary to popular str8 girl belief, gay bartenders (and most other gaymen) absolutely adore attention from women (except at closing hour, of course.)

#636117 09/19/03 06:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<shakes ample cleavage just to check that it is still there - oh yes, it's definitely still there!>

Never mind guys, I'll get my own, cheers anyway

<and with a defiant flick of hair she vaults the bar and pours herself a nice glass of cold cider>

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#636118 09/19/03 06:04 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Harbinger:
<shakes ample cleavage just to check that it is still there - oh yes, it's definitely still there!>

Never mind guys, I'll get my own, cheers anyway

<and with a defiant flick of hair she vaults the bar and pours herself a nice glass of cold cider>
A real Cutie - that one.

#636119 09/19/03 06:05 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
OK, That is fair enough.

First, is the political unrest after the recent elections. We believe that that is a result of one or more of the defeated candidates bringing in some Durlans in an attempt to unsettle the Crujectra Administration.

Second is the recent arrivals of several known criminals and questionable types. They seem to be adversely affecting behavour patterns here on Legion World. Look at Icefyre and MMLASH among others.

Third...
OK, Ranger. The levelling I wanted from you, is "Who are you, and who do you represent? I've already determined that you favour the English/Canadian spelling and that tells me a lot -- but not enough. OK, spill the beans.

#636120 09/19/03 06:12 PM
Deputy
Deputy
[b] OK, That is fair enough.

Third...
OK, Ranger. The levelling I wanted from you, is "Who are you, and who do you represent? I've already determined that you favour the English/Canadian spelling and that tells me a lot -- but not enough. OK, spill the beans. [/b]
Sentient, I am exactly what you see and hear before you right now, a science police officer on assignment. My personal life is not an issue I assume.

#636121 09/19/03 06:21 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
No, Range, I have no desire to hear the nitty gritty about the 6 wives you've got stashed away in some small Utah town.

We have all intercepted your Mission reports. Who are they going to? My time is short, I need answers now. Else, we're done talking.

Oh, and what's in it for you? Well, we're branching out at SHAKES and with our new advertising campaign we expect to be attracting a lot of very beautiful women on Tuesdays between 6:00 p.m and 7:30 p.m. You may have noticed, you won't have a lot of competition. I have here in my hand, a FREE PASS. No cover for you, Stud Muffin.

Do not for one moment think of accusing me of offering a bribe. I know you have no law enforcement jurisidiction here, and you are not a publicly elected official. Therefore, my offer is not actionable under the bribery statutes. Take a moment before you respond.

#636122 09/19/03 06:31 PM
Deputy
Deputy
No, Range, I have no desire to hear the nitty gritty about the 6 wives you've got stashed away in some small Utah town.

We have all intercepted your Mission reports. Who are they going to? My time is short, I need answers now. Else, we're done talking.

Oh, and what's in it for you? Well, we're branching out at SHAKES and with our new advertising campaign we expect to be attracting a lot of very beautiful women on Tuesdays between 6:00 p.m and 7:30 p.m. You may have noticed, you won't have a lot of competition. I have here in my hand, a FREE PASS. No cover for you, Stud Muffin.

Do not for one moment think of accusing me of offering a bribe. I know you have no law enforcement jurisidiction here, and you are not a publicly elected official. Therefore, my offer is not actionable under the bribery statutes. Take a moment before you respond.
The only thing in it for me is the satisfaction of a job well done, and the opportunity to renew one or two old friendships.

My reports, are going to Chief Zendak, who is very concerned about the state of the Legion Fan-Base. you might say that he has a personal stake in the success of places like Legion World.

Oh, by the way I have a question for you. If your society here is based on personal freedom, why do the private lives of people seem to matter so much to other people - who are not affected by them in any way?

#636123 09/19/03 06:39 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<Vee enters SHAKES right on schedule as planned>

Hey SemiSweets, great job! I knew you would be able to get Ranger here to 'fess up if anyone could!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#636124 09/19/03 06:42 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, by the way I have a question for you. If your society here is based on personal freedom, why do the private lives of people seem to matter so much to other people - who are not affected by them in any way?
Ranger the answer to your question is as old as mankind. You seem to be so concerned with conspiracy theories that you forget to account for human nature.

Quite simply, people are so concerned about the private lives of others because humans are inherently nosey!

#636125 09/19/03 06:43 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Take me as an example, Range Baby. Look at the first line of my message. Nobody on Legion World wants to pry into your or anyone else's life. We gladly accept the tidbits you toss us (such as the fact that you have six wives), but unless you offer more, we don't pry.

Now, the best way for you to fit in, and for me to get a break, would be to offer you the day time job as bar keep at SHAKES. You could gather all the information you want, but you'd have to promise not to shoot up the place.

As barkeep, you must respond promptly to ech and every request for libation. No frowning.

You may be wise to consider this offer. I doubt you can get back to where you came from - I hear your fuel is running low.

#636126 09/19/03 06:46 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And that is an excellent idea because, SemiSweets, with all the craziness going on on LW, we haven't had much time for the Sweets.

#636127 09/19/03 06:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Take me as an example, Range Baby. Look at the first line of my message. Nobody on Legion World wants to pry into your or anyone else's life. We gladly accept the tidbits you toss us (such as the fact that you have six wives), but unless you offer more, we don't pry.

Now, the best way for you to fit in, and for me to get a break, would be to offer you the day time job as bar keep at SHAKES. You could gather all the information you want, but you'd have to promise not to shoot up the place.

As barkeep, you must respond promptly to ech and every request for libation. No frowning.

You may be wise to consider this offer. I doubt you can get back to where you came from - I hear your fuel is running low.
<Communicator buzzes on Ranger's wrist. He looks at it and frowns>

Can I think that over, it might work out. but I have to leave right now, something just came up.

<Exits quickly>

#636128 09/19/03 06:55 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmmm, oh well, guess we'll find out what that was all about later, but for now...I've been wanting to do this all day and we keep getting interrupted.

<Leans over and plants a big ol kiss on Semi's lips as he draws him into a fierce embrace>

Can't think of a better way to celebrate post #1300 than by smooching with my SemiSweets!

#636129 09/19/03 06:56 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Varalent:
And that is an excellent idea because, SemiSweets, with all the craziness going on on LW, we haven't had much time for the Sweets.
Hey, perfect timing. Wanna neck? laugh

#636130 09/19/03 06:58 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hmmm, oh well, guess we'll find out what that was all about later, but for now...I've been wanting to do this all day and we keep getting interrupted.

<Leans over and plants a big ol kiss on Semi's lips as he draws him into a fierce embrace>

Can't think of a better way to celebrate post #1300 than by smooching with my SemiSweets!
Semi gets rather excited and Vee draws back. Semi hope that it's not in horror.

#636131 09/19/03 06:58 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[b] And that is an excellent idea because, SemiSweets, with all the craziness going on on LW, we haven't had much time for the Sweets.
Hey, perfect timing. Wanna neck? laugh [/b]
Great minds think alike laugh

#636132 09/19/03 07:00 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I missed that Vee. Tu es le meilleur. Congratulations on 1300, sweet thing.

#636133 09/19/03 07:01 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Horror? Never!

#636134 09/19/03 07:03 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Horror? Never!
Ever the gentleman, you drew back for a spritz of freshener. You should know that you always taste like honey. <ok, I'm going a bit over the top. Time for IM time>

#636135 09/19/03 07:04 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Gracias mi amour! But at the moment I'm less concerned about post counts than counting the places I want to kiss you! tongue

#636136 09/19/03 07:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Did I pick a bad time to walk in..

Touch the magic...
Page 24 of 164 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 163 164

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,173
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Burger Eater Lad, LoneWolfLondo, Mattropolis, Phantom Girl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
KOKO
KOKO
Interplanetary Zoo
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star