Roll Call
1 members (thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad), 42 Murran Spies, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/05/24 11:26 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/05/24 07:54 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/05/24 07:18 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:14 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:09 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:09 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:07 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 29 May 24
by Harbinger - 06/05/24 01:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Spoilers... Issue #35... For No Better Reason, Part One!
#71540 07/22/04 01:45 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Originally posted by Gail Simone:
I actually live in Oregon so I'm probably okay on getting around, just not sure where the good stores are lately, except Excalibur, that I love.

Thanks!

Gail
My pleasure. I'll keep the offer open...not to gawk or anything, just because I love showing off the city.

#71541 07/22/04 01:48 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Errr... I haven't been reading Blockade Boy's posts so I can't comment there.

Actually I have a question about Oasis one, after the spike why didn't it drop onto metropolis like a stone?

My memory is a bit blurry (as it always is :rolleyes: ) but I think it was a floating prison wasn't it?

A Chaotic Neutral stuck in a Lawful Good world
#71542 07/22/04 01:49 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
I should also repeat for the record, if you want to see more of my dissent-quashing tyranny, I have a message board at comicbookresources.com , the You'll All Be Sorry board. That's the one I check during the day.

Will try to get back to individual, and happier, responses individually as I get a break later in the day.

Thanks!

Gail

#71543 07/22/04 01:55 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
M'onel, it has an organic magnetic supply (not as crazy as it sounds, if you're familiar with magnetic brakes that don't really on electricity to work) that was supposed to take care of any minor glitch, but without power, they have no control over the pitch, so eventually, it's coming down, and Renslie's guess was ten minutes (which I assume he based on a computer model).

No one expects all the engines on a plane to go out at the same time, and when they do, you're left with whatever gliding power your wings and momentum have--this is similar. I actually got the basic info from an issue of Scientific American. In other words, it's a very temporary, half-assed back-up plan, inadequate to the problem.

Good question!

Gail

#71544 07/22/04 01:57 PM
Trap Timer
OP Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by M'onel:

Actually I have a question about Oasis one, after the spike why didn't it drop onto metropolis like a stone?
Good question!

I'm puzzled as to why the spike would prevent the Legionnaires on Legion World from being able to run scans of the area. As I understand it, the basic idea is that it disrupts the electronics in the area. Why would that have any effect at all on the ability to use electronic equipment outside the area to find out what's going on in it?

#71545 07/22/04 02:07 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
Eryk, we talk about this a bit more later, but basically, the Spike is more than just a power dead zone, and it futzes with outside scanners inside the perimeter. Hawking's new theory of black holes letting out mangled energy is a nice analogy here.

Another good question!

Oh, next week is a very important issue to me personally. I'll let you guys read it before I divulge exactly why. Hope you like it!

Best wishes always,

Gail

#71546 07/22/04 02:22 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer

I leave it up to you guys. Read his posts and tell me if his comments aren't meant to be insulting, condescending (if not factually sound), and a bit rude. I'm enjoying talking to you all, but if the consensus is that I'm somehow stirring up trouble, I'll gladly skedaddle and anyone who wants to talk Legion stuff can visit at comicbookresources.com. I'm not saying I'll take my ball and go home...I really do realize that I'M the guest here, and this is a long-established hangout. I don't want to mess that up.

Gail
Gail, I've read all the posts and I hope this interchange doesn't put you off Legion World. I, for one, really want you to stick around. (I also want Blockade Boy to stick around). As someone mentioned (somewhere), we've never had so many posts on one issue before. A lot of that has to do with you being so generous with your comments and so willing to interact with us. In fact, this has gotten me to do something I've never done before - I've gone back and re-read the story several times to see what everyone was talking about. So thanks for coming here.

#71547 07/22/04 03:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
This isn't meant to turn into a trashy self promotional post but Gail if you had to read all the fanfics in Bits you would most prefer my Legion 35C series wouldn't you?

Sorry but I just had to ask smile

HaagendaazBinger

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#71548 07/22/04 03:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Harbinger:
This isn't meant to turn into a trashy self promotional post but Gail if you had to read all the fanfics in Bits you would most prefer my Legion 35C series wouldn't you?

Sorry but I just had to ask smile

HaagendaazBinger
Uh, Binger, I think there's a Barbarian looking for you at SHAMELESS HUSSIES! laugh

#71549 07/22/04 03:48 PM
in season
in season
"Hey, who wants to bet that _____ keeps this going, and in fact, trashes me on other websites after this? And eventually, threatens to leave in a big dramatic huff but stays anyway?"

I will bet against that.

#71550 07/22/04 03:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Semi darling, I've a barbarian upstairs waiting too lol

Ahem.

Oh, thanks Semi, I'll pop in past soon.

yeah right

LYL, I agree.

Bxx

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#71551 07/22/04 04:07 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
LYL, I've been wrong before. wink

Binger, uh, yes. HARBINGER'S FANFIC IS DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE! Um. Yes.

wink

Gail

#71552 07/22/04 04:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Blockade Boy's usually a fun-loving sort, really, Gail. He isn't a troll, honest!

I remember my jaw dropping a bit in surprise when I read his initial comments about your issue, but, well, you can't please all of the people all of the time. Cliched but so very true.

But it looks like response here to your issue is 99% positive... a first around here, I think... I still think me and 'Binger were the ONLY ones who liked the recent DnA/Giffen issue.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#71553 07/22/04 04:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Blockade Boy's usually a fun-loving sort, really, Gail. He isn't a troll, honest!

I remember my jaw dropping a bit in surprise when I read his initial comments about your issue, but, well, you can't please all of the people all of the time. Cliched but so very true.

But it looks like response here to your issue is 99% positive... a first around here, I think... I still think me and 'Binger were the ONLY ones who liked the recent DnA/Giffen issue.
BB is a gent normally Gail, and Lash I always thought you were a man of impecible taste.

love Bxx

#71554 07/22/04 04:30 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
Okay, then maybe we just got off on the wrong foot. I'm happy to start over fresh, sincerely.

Blockade Boy, I apologize for my comments.

Truce?

Gail

#71555 07/22/04 05:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(Reads through issue yet one more time in desperate attempt to find something that hasn't been discussed yet...)

Another reminder that the future is not all roses and circuses is Wildfire's comment that the "city depends on the environmental and radiation filters". This sort of detail is nicely grim, but not too gritty.

Also, Chuck mentions getting a list of available legionnaires and cadets. Will we see the cadets in the next three issues? Babbage won't make the cut, but perhaps the Fox-like Creature could float onto the scene.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#71556 07/22/04 05:40 PM
Wanderer
Online Confused
Wanderer
Nightcrawler, you rock. Thank you for your attention on the other thread, as well!
No problem. I apologize if I overstepped an unspoken boundary. Would it be okay to repost it the Monday before it comes out?

As for BB, I picked him as a mod due to his ability to defuse and lighten up situations such as this. I'm not sure how things have gotten to this point. But if there is any further personal exchanges between you two, I'd prefer that they be made in the form of PMs. Let's not call the other out, 'kay?

You're both Mods at this board. Let's set a good example.

#71557 07/22/04 06:53 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
Fine with me, I don't think either of us is enjoying this. smile

But I'm a mod? Can I go mad with power?

Like Computo?

Gail

#71558 07/22/04 07:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
...I think over a thousand years, we'd be looking at very skewed ideas of who or what some of the 'b-list' heroes would actually stand for.
First of all, I hope you're not implying that Green Lantern was a "B-List" hero -- you wouldn't want to stir the ire of a die-hard GL fan (and you know how we are wink )... Your comments make me think that these guys aren't so much "supervillains" as they are the 31st century version of militia groups, who hold on to certain beliefs of the founding fathers, but pervert them to justify their agression and find "justification" for violence under the cloak of righteousness.

But I strongly disagree with the DnA comments. I read a whole mess of issues in a row and it really made me feel bad that their run was over.
DnA probably read better in one sitting since their later storyarcs had one major throughline and for me didn't have the depth of a multi-part arc and didn't take advantage of the larger cast of characters. They all seemed to follow a basic formula: setup, villain is revealed and strikes a blow, the heroes (the small group that's the focus of the story) rally back and beat the bad guy. At a monthly pace, I think they come across as thin. I can understand being upset that their time is done because they did a great job setting up interesting developments, but sadly didn't follow through.

#71559 07/22/04 08:11 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
Well, I don't mean "b-list" in a bad way...Really the top guys are going to be Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Spider-man, and the like, and even great characters like GL and Flash and CANARY come a little bit below that, in terms of status.

No offense intended!

Gail

#71560 07/22/04 08:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Waitaminnut -- Robin's above Green Lantern?!?! Oh, now it's on!!

(in case recent events on this thread have totally jaded you, yes I am completely kidding...)

#71561 07/22/04 08:29 PM
Active
Active
Dunno about GL and Flash being B-list...the Flash Dynasty seems to dominate DC's future earth, and the GL corps is legendary across the galaxy, no? Batman and Robin, on the other hand, are urban legends even in their own time; hard to imagine them really being remembered a thousand years later.

But I totally agree that in DC's 31st century it'll be all about Spiderman. wink

#71562 07/22/04 08:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You're only A-LIST if you had a MEGO DOLL made in the 70s.

Poor Flash and GL... frown

Even Mr. Mxyzptlk had a Mego doll...

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#71563 07/22/04 09:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It'd be funny if the 31st century was all about Wild Dog (hey, hockey masks have gotta be due for a comeback sometime...)

#71564 07/22/04 09:33 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
WILD DOG LAD!

Oh, man, is it too late for a revision? smile

Gail

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,911
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Matter Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star