Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 63 Murran Spies, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 12:53 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 12:51 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/05/24 07:18 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:14 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:09 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:09 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:07 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 29 May 24
by Harbinger - 06/05/24 01:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
#74160 09/29/05 04:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
many gay guys i'm sure.

#74161 09/29/05 05:04 PM
Leader
Leader
If Dreamy is dead I'm going to pitch SUCH a fit!

What's the point of rebooting these characters time and again just so they can play Chinese firedrill with who's dead and who isn't?

Didn't Lemnos tell Brainy about the breakin?

Didn't Barry tell us someone was going to shave his/her head? Maybe it's a symbol of mourning on Colu or something.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#74162 09/29/05 05:06 PM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Guess no one can complain that nothing's happening anymore.

And I'm in the same boat as the rest of those that can't believe Nura's dead. I'm so enamored with the idea of a Brainy/Dreamy romance I absolutely refuse to believe it.

Best "line" this issue was the first three panels. Loved that.

And it is really, really nice to have Barry back. I honestly think he's taken first place on my list of favorite Legion artists.

#74163 09/29/05 05:15 PM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Didn't Barry tell us someone was going to shave his/her head? Maybe it's a symbol of mourning on Colu or something.
I'll bet it's Imra. She does it because she believes that she would have seen the sleepers in Elysion's mind if her hair hadn't been in the way.

#74164 09/29/05 08:41 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
frown frown frown frown

So broken up over it. frown

#74165 09/29/05 08:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
As i posted in another Legion-related topic, I think Barry is just playing mind-games with our heads. He announced how much "he was going to miss the Dream Girl character" - and he was grinning about it...

That oughta tell you something fishy is going on here...wink

#74166 09/30/05 12:35 AM
Active
Active
Hi Cj and Rj - Thank you both! smile

As to Dream Girl's fate - it seems it's just about impossible for me to say anything without being accused of teasing - the one thing I can promise is that I won't intentionally give you any false information.

It is great to read so many reactions and see that so many of you are as caught up in the storyline as we are! I think there will be lots to talk about every issue for the foreseeable future!

As for the color slip - we all make mistakes (I know I have, with this many characters) none of us want there to be ANY, but even when we're all trying our hardest sometimes things slip through the cracks - and overall I thought the color in this issue looked great!
er 'no-prizes' anyone?...my offering is that it was a weird trick of the alien light on Helegyn... smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#74167 09/30/05 01:13 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Barry pls tease us all you want. It keeps us going until the next issue. smile

#74168 09/30/05 07:18 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Theory (1) It's not Dream Girl whose arm we see in the final pages of issue 10. It's the remains of Brainy's Dream Girl robot -- oh wait, no, that's just too preposterous.

Theory (3) Dream Girl was wearing Brainiac's force field projector in the HQ collapse (It's not visible on his belt in the scene when he and Lyle emerge from the rubble, nor any later scene.) The force field was too weak to protect Nura's right arm. It was severed. She removed her flight ring from her severed arm and flew from the scene of the collapsed HQ. Her right ring-finger nail is chipped. She's pissed.

Projectra will restore the right arm, but only if Nura shaves her head. "There's room for only one platinum bombshell in this Legion, Honey."

#74169 09/30/05 07:26 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Cool theory, Lad Boy. But instead of Projectra restoring Nura's arm, she should get a robot one.

#74170 09/30/05 07:32 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No robot arms until you are brought back from the land of the dead. That's in the Legion constitution.

#74171 09/30/05 07:33 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My theory number two above will, of course, be proved correct when I edit the post next month.

#74172 09/30/05 07:37 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
No robot arms until you are brought back from the land of the dead. That's in the Legion constitution.
Trust Scott on this, he has had experience with robot arms and with giant space-whales...Is he also a Antarean shape-shifting blob too? wink laugh

#74173 09/30/05 07:46 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I am in awe. I obviously lacked the AR comic reading skills to see the missing thing on his belt. WaK made sure we knew what/where it was when she tried to touch it and made a point of drawing it in on the earlier scenes.

Of course an inking error could have just blacked it out. wink

#74174 09/30/05 07:55 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Wait til I reveal my theory about the supposed inking error that caused Star Boy to be colored like a Coluan on the planet Helegyn.

#74175 09/30/05 08:33 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Oh and where did Querl's "butt-wires" go? He had them outside with Cos. Dreamy make him take them off when they're alone, maybe? Or maybe he took them off to look less nerdy while putting the moves on her.

#74176 09/30/05 09:21 AM
Active
Active
The wires help Brainy monitor every broadcast available while he's away from the HQ - about 30 trillion per sec. He doesn't need the link inside the lab as the tech there handles it. When rushing out to deal with the emergency he didn't have time to re-establish his link...which it turned out would have been useless anyway once Elysion destroyed the comm.

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#74177 09/30/05 09:32 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
See, I love little insights like that. We really need a back up covering the tech being used. I think that would be great and would also be a bow to the ones that used to run ocassionally in previous series.

Thanks Barry!

#74178 09/30/05 09:47 AM
Active
Active
No problem! We're very aware there's still a big gap between all the aspects we've worked out about the LSH universe and what we've actually been able to tell the readers so far. Some things we naturally want to keep under wraps, but some things like that detail I think it's okay for me to reveal. smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#74179 09/30/05 10:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And all this time I thought it was a Coluan hat. So it's just to watch the news, pro-wrestling and Coronation Street reruns. smile

#74180 09/30/05 10:15 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh you just know Brainy is watching Desparate Housewives. He's gotta love trash like that. laugh

#74181 09/30/05 11:05 AM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Well, he wouldn't watch Lost. He would have had everything figured out after ten minutes and gotten bored with the hints and teasing.

(I, on the other hand, am very hooked.)

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#74182 09/30/05 11:35 AM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
So - an explicit reason for the missing wires, but no comment on the missing force-field generator.

Hooray! Nura's alive!

(Just let me go for another month...)

#74183 09/30/05 11:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well it looks like I'm late to the party but I finally read LSH #10.

umm ... WOW! ... Where do I start? ...

OK - this issue blew me away! I've been pretty negative about this book for the last few months, especially railing against its lack of action or excitement but boy - be careful what you wish for!

I *LOVED* this issue though! This one issue is better than all of issues #3-#9 combined! The action was great! The excitement was there! There was some good characterisation! Some humour! Twists and turns! Interesting concepts! Fabulous art! A cliffhanger finish! Finally we have an issue worthy of bearing the masthead 'Legion of Super-Heroes'!

AND THAT ENDING...! My goodness did I get a surprise! I was SO not expecting a Legionnaire to die this issue - and certainly not Dream Girl - even though the clues had been there right from the beginning! It never occurred to me that the reson Nura couldn't see more than an hour into the future was because she was going to die, but in retrospect it makes perfect sense. That was some clever writing!

The execution of it was fantastic too! Those last 7 pages were some TIGHT comics writing and art! We're waiting for Brainy to say something 'humourous'; he says 'humerus' instead; one shot of Dreamy's face; and then BAM - the headquarters comes crashing down on top of them; Lyle searches for Nura in the rubble; thinks he's found her; and then BAM again - there's her bloodied hand sticking out from underneath some wreckage! Cap it off with one final glimpse of the remaining Legionnaires oblivious to the disaster at home and stranded on worlds across the galaxy and Lyle's distraught face realising just how bleak things have become and you have one KICK-ASS ending! Definitely one of my faves of all time!

I'm so torn re: Nura's fate though! She's always been one of my top 3 femmes on this team and so to lose her is a real blow. But it was such a good scene! ARRGGHHH! I don't know - I think if she turns out to be OK I'll be happy but if she stays dead I'll be happy too. (Though to be honest - I think I'd rather she turn out to be OK. Its way too early in the WaK era to be killing Legionnaires!)

Other great things about this issue -

* All those little 'L' Legionnaires got blown up or crushed in the plaza! I had just been thinking at the beginning of the issue when Cos and Brainy were making their speech to them how annoying I found those little 'L' Legionnaires to be and how I really wished someone would blow them up... and then 14 pages later it happened! Go Terror Firma! (Though the use of suicide bombers did have me thinking about recent events here in London and that was a little disturbing.)

* Elysion is a great bad guy! Perfectly E-e-e-evil and doesn't give a damn about it. Shades-of-grey villains have their place but sometimes I just want an out-and-out BAD guy. And Elysion delivers! Suitably powerful enough to be a serious threat too! Hope he survives this
storyline.

* 2 great bits of humour - Gim's 'foot' and Jan's 'quote'! LOL.

* I liked Cos splitting the team into smaller groups to tackle the threat. It had a suitably silver-age feel to it while at the same time being relevant to the story. I'd be pissed if I was on that Terror Firma-homeworld squad though! Were they ever undermanned! He may as well have asked them to leave their flight rings and locker keys behind before they left!

* I liked Imra's smack-down of Elysion and Jeckie's assertion of her membership in this issue! Both came across as powerful, kick-ass members. I'm not much of an Imra-fan but when used well and in small doses (as she was here) I like her.

* Costume update now that I've had 10 months to get used to them :
The Goods - Star Boy, Element Lad (except the colours), Karate Kid, Chameleon (though I REALLY want him to have his antennae back full-time!), Phantom Girl and Light Lass.
The OKs - Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, Shadow Lass, Triplicate Girl, Brainiac 5, Sun Boy (the leggings need work) and Ultra Boy.
The Bads - Invisible Kid (if that even is a costume its boring!), Micro Lad (it just looks like it was rushed out to meet the first issue deadline or something - sorry Barry), Princess Projectra (I like the purple and the white collar thing but the rest of it, *especially* the bare midriff, is all wrong), Saturn Girl (just dull, and pink/white and red/white are very tired on her - time for a whole new colour scheme) and Dream Girl (U.G.L.Y. worst on this or any other Legion team - but hopefully we'll never have to see it again now).

All in all a great, great issue! I'm sorry it took 10 months to happen but I think this creative team is finally in the groove on this book! My only worry is that it'll be too little too late when it comes to the bleeding readership. Whatever the next storyline is going to be the marketing department at DC needs to put some real kick into promoting it and encouraging the people who've dropped this book over the last few months (and let's face it - there have been a LOT of them) to give it another try and see how good this creative team, and this super-hero team, can be!

Sorry bout the long post! Can't wait for next issue!

#74184 09/30/05 12:07 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The "bleeding readership" is very troubling to me, too.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,912
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Matter Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Helena Handbasket
Helena Handbasket
A spare room over Quislet's Table
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star