Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/05/24 06:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/05/24 02:52 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/05/24 02:43 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/05/24 01:50 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:14 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:09 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:09 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:07 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Supergirl's Legion
Fanfic Lady #796716 12/17/13 02:38 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Fanfie,

I know how you feel. I myself realized that I work best with established characters, or those based one stablished characters, as I simply do not have enough time or energy to create new ones. And I also find I work best with single stories than with long-running series.

I will definitely be looking out for your other Bits contributions! smile

hug

Fanfic Lady #796771 12/17/13 07:35 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
OP Offline
Thanks, Ibby.

Since then, I've managed one story, "Witches Brew." It got good feedback and I myself was quite happy with the way it came out.

I don't know when the next story will be coming. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Fanfic Lady #796779 12/17/13 08:56 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oh yes, I've read it and give it two thumbs up!

It's tough trying to be creative, isn't it? It's almost impossible to just force yourself to churn something out.

Fanfic Lady #856108 06/23/15 06:20 PM
OP Offline
TWO YEARS LATER

Good evening. This is Trudy Trusoe. Join me tonight as "The World Spins" brings you a special report on Supergirl's Legion. We'll have exclusive interviews with all the surviving members and many of their friends and allies.

It's hard to believe that within such a short span of time, these young heroes and heroines have done so much...and been through so much.

We begin with the three founders: Kinetix, XS, and the still-M.I.A. Supergirl. These brave young ladies saved entrepreneur and presidential candidate R.J. Brande from an assassination attempt. Subsequently, Brande and his son, R.J. Brande Junior, were inspired to form a team of galactic guardians to serve the greater good of the still-nascent United Planets.

KINETIX: It was such a whirlwind, that looking back on it now, everything's a blur. But I still remember how exhilarated I felt, like I had found my true reward.

XS: We just dove headlong into it, with no looking back...until today. Maybe we should have looked back sooner, who knows?

After drafting the finest, most upstanding youths of several worlds, the final roster consisted of the three founders, plus Apparition, Brainiac 5, Leviathan, Kid Quantum, Shrinking Violet, Spark, and Wildfire.

LEVIATHAN: We got off to a great start. Of course, there were moments of tension as we got to know each other better, but something clicked right away. It was something special.

And no sooner than the team was formed, than they were off on their first mission...saving the galaxy from the evil cosmic witch Sarya of Venegar, who had come into possession of the powerful talisman known as the Emerald Eye of Ekron.

NURA NAL (Friend of the Legion): I was the one who sought them out, because one of Sarya's acolytes was my own younger sister, Mysa.

MYSA NAL (Enemy Turned Friend of the Legion): I am struggling to find the right words...perhaps it is best to say I was simply a foolish youth, tempted by promises of power and vengeance.

WILDFIRE: Sarya? Holy sprock, she was wicked. And wicked hot, to boot. She put a spell on me, that's for sure...but I got over it fast.

BRAINIAC 5: That first mission was such a load of nonsense, nothing more than smoke and mirrors from a deluded madwoman and her lost surrogate children. Mysa proved to be...slightly...less lost than the others, and she turned against Sarya.

SHRINKING VIOLET: Mysa saved our bacon, no two ways about it.

BRAINIAC 5: We would have won the battle either way.

APPARITION: Let's not forget that Sarya escaped. It was a Phyrric victory at best.

KINETIX: Thanks to Mysa's rebellion, we were able to keep Sarya off-balance long enough for me to use my mystically-based powers to seize control of the Emerald Eye. I...felt...at the time...that nothing was inherently evil, and that...the power of the Eye could be used for good. Famous last words.

We'll be back after these commercial messages.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: While I work on the next installment of the Every-Boot Legion, I wanted to bring this timeline back and flesh it out a bit for future use. It will eventually tie into the Every-Boot Legion

Fanfic Lady #856122 06/23/15 06:52 PM
OP Offline
Welcome back to "The World Spins." After a relatively successful first mission, the Legion found themselves responsible for the next crisis, when Brainiac 5's renegade invention, the super-droid COMPUTO -- originally designed as a deputy champion for Xanthu for when Kid Quantum's duties kept her off-world -- ran amok on Xanthu and nearly destroyed a city.

BRAINIAC 5: Oh, did you HAVE to bring this up? I had failsafe systems atop failsafe systems. It was the disorganization and irresponsibility of our Xanthusian supposed allies which triggered the disaster. That's all I have to say about the matter.

KID QUANTUM: I won't deny that I was angry at Brainy for a long time. That was MY world that was endangered. But I let the anger blind me to the fact that it wasn't all his fault. Time heals all wounds, and you learn to accept life as it is, take the rough with the smooth.

Meanwhile, a vast conspiracy on Earth was uncovered by Science Police Officers Shvaughn Erin and GiGi Cusimano, with some assistance from Cadet Imra Ardeen. Earth's President Thawne, the incumbent candidate in the upcoming election, had turned out to be sponsoring a rogue sect of Dominators who were artificially engineering super-speedsters. The prime target was none other than the Legion's own XS.

XS: It's complicated. There's a feud between the Thawnes and my mother's side of the family, the Allens, that goes back centuries. The president wanted to reignite that feud for his own twisted reasons.

GIGI CUSIMANO (Friend of the Legion): Can you believe I was planning to vote for that creep??

SHVAUGHN ERIN (Legion Liaison): Geeg and I stumbled onto this huge...thing. But the higher-ups asked for concrete proof. I pulled every string and called in every favor to have Imra help us get the proof that we needed.

IMRA ARDEEN (Friend of the Legion): I had wanted excitement rather than a boring desk job. Be careful what you wish for!

To complicate matters, Thawne also turned out to be behind the attempted assassination of his rival, Brande, and he did succeed in outing Brande as a Durlan. But when Thawne was revealed to be guilty of heinous crimes, the public's support turned to Brande, giving him a landslide victory.

SPARK: That was sweet! We exposed that nass-head Thawne for what he was, and got Brande into office, the first alien-born president of Earth. Good times, good times.

But little did the Legion suspect that their darkest hour lay ahead, as Supergirl's own homeworld turned against her in an explosion of xenophobic destruction that claimed many lives...including, possibly, Supergirl herself.

Fanfic Lady #856797 06/27/15 10:34 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
These interview snippets are a great way of showing the timeline without lots of dry exposition, I am enjoying the characterisations and hints of events! smile

Fanfic Lady #856817 06/27/15 11:43 AM
OP Offline
Thanks, Raz. And there's lots more to come. A lot can happen in two years.

Fanfic Lady #856828 06/27/15 11:48 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
This Legion has certainly been through a lot. Still a big fan of the lineup, Fanfie.

Fanfic Lady #856833 06/27/15 11:53 AM
OP Offline
Thank you, Ibby. Yeah, I was very happy with the choices I made for the initial lineup.

Fanfic Lady #856880 06/27/15 03:30 PM
OP Offline
Welcome back to "The World Spins." Just as everything seemed to be coming together for the greater good of the galaxy, Earth -- the very hub of the now-thriving United Planets -- was shaken by a series of direct assaults from White Triangle terrorists. Their homeworld: Almerac, birthplace of Supergirl.

WILDFIRE: Those nasses had even managed to plant sleeper agents on Earth. The people who gave me my powers turned out to be White Triangle sympathizers! It goes without saying that a revelation like that really messed with my head. I was more than happy to dole out payback.

KINETIX: In her most open moments, Supergirl had told Jenni and I bloodcurdling stories about Almerac, and how it had once been a proud empire, but had been reduced to a tiny spot on the map of the galaxy. She had grown up in what she described as an environment full of ignorance, hatred, and nostalgia for a lost time which had never really existed. Supergirl told us more than once that she was amazed she herself hadn't gotten sucked into that whole twisted mentality.

XS: What can I say? I've known prejudice since the day I was born, and yet I was still shocked at the depth of this hatred.

SPARK: Sometimes, in the heat of battle, it's all too easy to forget that your enemy, as horrible as they seem, are still sentient beings. I'm just glad none of us in the Legion went over that line.

After a series of skirmishes at various points around the Earth, it appeared that the terrorist thread had been contained. But then, the White Triangle unleashed their ultimate weapon: Laurel Gand, codename Andromeda, the Anti-Supergirl, possessing all of Supergirl's powers plus telepathy, and none of Supergirl's morals.

APPARITION: It seems ridiculous for an entire team to be outmatched by one single enemy, but that was the case here. I still get chills just thinking about the Anti-Supergirl.

BRAINIAC 5: And yet, she was seductively beautiful in her own ice-queen way. It's not something most sentients would admit to, but then I'm not most sentients.

LEVIATHAN: She knocked me down, even at my full height! I needed an operation on my head. I would have died without Vi's intervention.

SHRINKING VIOLET: It's not easy to do a mission when you hold someone's life in your hands, but I came through.

SPARK: A three-pronged attack of my lightning powers, Wildfire's blasts, and Supergirl's heat vision was enough to momentarily stun her. The U.P. tried to contain her, but she didn't remain their prisoner for long. At least it was long enough for us to come up with a contingency plan.

BRAINIAC 5: The Chronal Bomb was thrown together as quickly as possible. There were too many mistakes in its assembly -- none of them my own, I might add -- which made in an impossibility to fire it from a long range.

WILDFIRE: I volunteered to deliver the payload, even though I knew it would kill me. The Anti-Supergirl was on her way to Earth and closing in fast. We were out of options.

SPARK: That was incredibly brave of him. My whole opinion of him did a 180 degree turn!

WILDFIRE: At the last second, Supergirl knocked me out and took the bomb herself.

KINETIX: We...couldn't stop her.

XS: I felt paralyzed with helplessness.

KID QUANTUM: The worst part is not knowing whether or not they survived the explosion. If they did, then Supergirl might return one day, but so might the Anti-Supergirl.

SPARK: When I saw that explosion on the monitor, it was one of the worst moments of my life. I'll never be able to get that image out of my head.

KINETIX: I was beside myself with despair. I had just lost one of my best friends, and even though she died saving the Earth, saving the whole galaxy, I couldn't deal with the unfairness of it all. That...was when I fully surrendered to the power of the Emerald Eye.

Fanfic Lady #857069 06/27/15 11:40 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Ooh. Laurel Gand and a nice twist on the Sun-Eater story. Very interesting.

Also looking forward to seeing your take on Emerald Zoe.

Fanfic Lady #857082 06/28/15 06:30 AM
OP Offline
Thank you, Ibby.

Fanfic Lady #857161 06/28/15 10:32 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Laurel Gand as the Anti-Supergirl is a very Silver Age concept, I love it...and I love their mutual fate being left up in the air & Kid Quantum's reaction to that smile

Fanfic Lady #857174 06/28/15 04:08 PM
OP Offline
Thank you, Raz.

Now that I've finally managed to read a fair amount of the early Postboot, I found it recaptured the spirit of the best Silver Age stories, and I wanted Supergirl's Legion to have that.

Fanfic Lady #862119 07/27/15 08:34 PM
OP Offline
Welcome back to "The World Spins". Just when it looked like things could not get any worse for the Legion, the latest threat they had to deal with came from within the team. Kinetix, in her despair at Supergirl's apparent death, had allowed herself to become guided by the amoral Emerald Eye.

KINETIX: What it boiled down to was, I wanted my friend back. When the Eye realized I would do anything to get Supergirl back, it just...took over my mind and twisted around my rage and grief to serve its own ends. I try not to think about the implications, they're just too horrible.

XS: I've known her since we could barely stand up, and I'd never thought she had it in her to go into such a...negative...place within. It was painful for me, seeing her that way, and it's painful just to talk about it.

APPARITION: Kinetix had been unanimously voted team leader. We felt at the time that only a go-getter like her could boost morale. We were wrong.

SPARK: She forced us...and I mean forced us...to go along with her insane plan to find a space-time fissure in the spot where the Chronal Bomb had exploded, then open the fissure with a combination of our powers and the Eye's powers, and retrieve Supergirl from wherever the explosion might have sent her.

KINETIX: I thought I could control the time-space forces with the Eye and prevent the rift from becoming a black hole, but...I...couldn't.

KID QUANTUM: Stretching my powers to the utmost, I barely managed to contain the rift in a quantum bubble, but it quickly started to crack like an egg.

XS: That was why Wildfire and I had to speed over to Zoe's homeworld, Aleph, and get her mother and brother and suit them up in transuits, and then fly them over to the rift. I felt that only their loving presence would restore her sanity.

Azra Saugin refused our request for an interview

KINETIX: I'm sorry, I...can't talk about...this.

SHRINKING VIOLET: The Eye sensed something in Kinetix's younger brother, Thanot, some great potential for death and destruction...pure evil. It set Kinetix free and possessed Thanot instead.

WILDFIRE: That was when it got REALLY scary.

LEVIATHAN: Thanot was instantly aged into adulthood by the eye, but he was still 13 in his head. Not a good combination. He started ranting about destroying us all, destroying the galaxy, destorying the universe.

XS: Then, as the only senior member other than Kinetix, I made the hardest decision of my life. I took command, ordered the team to retreat, and once we were a safe distance away, I ordered Kid Quantum to release the quantum field surrounding the rift. Thanot and the Eye were sucked into the rift, which then closed itself. I...I'm sorry, I can't go on.

SPARK: Kinetix and Mrs. Saugin were hysterical, understandably.

SHRINKING VIOLET: I don't know if Kinetix and XS will ever be friends again.

APPARITION: The whole thing was a living nightmare. It defied all logical explanations.

BRAINIAC 5: No comment. I said, "No comment."

LEVIATHAN: It's tragic, and I won't pretend that the Legion is not on shaky ground at the moment, but I still truly believe we can work through this and emerge a better, stronger team. The galaxy needs us.

WILDFIRE: The dream goes on forever.

Where will the Legion go from here? Hopefully, towards a brighter future. This is Trudy Trusoe, thanking you for watching "The World Spins." Good night.

Fanfic Lady #862148 07/27/15 09:39 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Whew. The Eye pessing Thanot ties into his name. Will he ever be back?

I guess the Legion understands that Kinetix was possessed, else she would not be there. Nice to see she was voted team leader before all this. Having XS make the call was poignant.

Lacking a telepath, I can see where XS was coming from. They did not really have other options.

Fanfic Lady #862149 07/27/15 09:43 PM
OP Offline
Thank you, Ibby.

Yes, Thanot will be back, and he'll be bringing...a few friends. grin

But first, I have to write the return of Sarya, and I don't think anybody's going to expect to see who HER companions will turn out to be. grin

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,918
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
flashsuper, Pulsar, Steampunk Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Evolution Has Failed
Evolution Has Failed
Old Lyme, CT
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star