Roll Call
0 members (), 14 Murran Spies, and 108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:47 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:45 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:44 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:44 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/13/24 12:25 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37
Re: updated 10.01.14
Omni #823319 10/03/14 12:28 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Nura and Thom was very touching, and I like how you picked up on Thom's "unfinished business" with Gim so to speak.

Sensor has mellowed down quite a bit too, she didn't argue with Nura as much as she would have when she was newly transformed (I'm thinking Dream Crime).

I also liked how you threw in bits of Preboot/Retroboot Nura, when she was interacting with the cop. It makes sense that Nura would take on a different demeanor when interacting with people outside the team. Just like with the Preboot version.

Omni #825169 10/16/14 11:19 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis – Cadet Days (Live Wire, Saturn Girl, Triad, Apparition, Ultra Boy, Violet, Ferro, Umbra, Kid Quantum II, Spark)

The hover van ride was pretty long after the cadets dropped off Brainy and Laurel at the Spaceport. After they left the ride was pretty quite. No one wanted to talk too much. They all felt like they had been talking so much lately going over their cover stories. Even though Saturn Girl had beamed the information to their minds, Triad suggested they all do some practice questions on the ride to make sure they all had it correct. She knew that having the information wasn’t going to stop any of them from possibly saying the wrong thing and letting things slips. But now it was just quiet.

The city skyscrapers soon gave way to more city skyscrapers. They were almost an hour into their journey before the landscape changed to a greener view. They traveled through the suburbs of Metropolis passing through neighborhood downtowns.

“Look it’s the Superman…and Flash museum?” Garth pointed out finally breaking the silence.

“They put the two together. I wonder why.” Vi said.

“Considering how organized the landscape has been I think they just thought it be easier to put all their non-sense into one place. Rokk would hate it.” Jazmin said defeated.

“Our fearless leader seems rather blue.” Umbra said.

“Not now Tasmia.” Jazmin said.

“Actually it’s Umbra. I told officer Cuzmon to only call me Umbra and I had Brainy use it for my I.D.” Umbra said with a snarky smile.

“Thanks for letting us know.” Triad spat out.

“We just spent hours going over our cover stories. That’s something worth mentioning.” Jazmin chimed in.

“At the time we were undercover and I figured that I was going to answer as few questions as possible and that includes my name. It was bad enough that they had those drones scan us to determine our planet of origin. Not a very polite world.”

“We were acting liking criminals in their eyes and we did do some pretty big damage to those drones.” Joe said.

“Ah! Ultra Boy; the reasonable one.” Umbra said with a smile.

In that moment they all couldn’t help but laugh, even Joe himself. The rising tension lifted a little.

“Fine, I should have said something. But you have to agree it wasn’t the wrong choice.” Umbra said leaning forward as she raised an eyebrow at Jazmin.

“Alright. It was a good idea. Just next time keep us all informed of your “good” ideas.” Jazmin said meeting Umbra’s gaze.

Umbra leaned back and smiled. She had always respected Kid Quantum and this just proved why.

“So has anyone thought about what it’s going to be like? In the program I mean. Are we going to be broken up into squads or something else?” Andy asked.

“Who knows?” Garth said.

“Unfortunately all I was able to grab from the minds of the officers was that it was a special program and we get trained before being selected for the special unit but that there’s no guarantee that after training you’ll be selected for the special unit.” Imra said.

“Well then we’ll see when we get there. But for now we play it safe and keep it close to the chest. We do anything they ask and if we’re forced to split up further we do so.” Jazmin said trying to reassure their plans.

“How much longer till we’re there?” Ayla asked.

“According to the GPS in the auto-drive we’ll be there in approximately 40 minutes.” Salu said.

Even though they were all nervous in their own ways the wait to get to Montauk Point training camp was nothing compared to the wait they all still held deep in their hearts, that they would someday find a way back home.

“They sure chose a far out place for this.” Tinya said looking out the window at the noon sunlight streaming through the trees and farm land around them.

The trees lined the road below. But the farther out they went the bigger the trees lining the road got coming up into the hover lanes. Through the trees Montauk Point could be seen as the hillside rose up gradually. The hover van followed the winding hover road until they were instructed to enter into the ground level road, which lead them straight up to Montauk Point. Along the road there were a few areas that were clearly meant for training and then high up on the peak itself stood a tall tower looming over the other side of the Metropolis bay.

“I guess those are our new digs…” Joe said as the sky’s reflection stretched high up the windows of the sides of the tower.

Before they knew it the 40 minutes had flown by and there they stood outside the hover van looking at the tower. The wind off the bay swept past them as Captain Gim Allon strode their way.

“Welcome Cadets!” Gim said with a smile.

“I’m Captain Gim Allon for those of you I haven’t met...wait a minute weren’t there more of you?” Captain Gim said as he takes out his Omnicom and checking for all of the registrations.

“We had a few friends who chose to register but not join the cadet program and then there are those who were injured or not eligible.” Jazmin said.

“Alright. Well let’s see who we have here.” Captain Allon said as he walked down the line.

“First we have Mr. Joe Nah of Rimbor.”

“That’s me, sir.” Joe said with a slight head nod.

“You seem to have an array of powers…from the vids and what the nannites tell us you’re pretty strong.” Captain Allon’s smile was firm and caring. It had been forever since any of them had really seen it.

“And next we have…Miss Tinya Nah from Bzgtl?”

“We’re married.” Tinya said squeezing Joe’s hand.

“Congratulations.” He said with a wide smile.

“Thank you!” Tinya beamed. Gim had died before her own “rebirth” and marriage to Joe and even though they hadn’t been the closest she respected him and valued him as a teammate.

“I have I question for you about that Gi...I mean Captain Allon.”

“Of course.” Captain Allon said as he gestured for Joe to continue.

“Do you allow a married couple to share quarters or are we still required to room separately?” Joe squeezed Tinya’s hand gently as he waited for the answer.

Down the line Garth held Imra’s hand as well hoping the answer was yes and that it extended down to engaged couples as well.

“Technically…No…But this actually helps us if you do. We had more interest in the cadet program than anticipated for this inaugural class...actually let me ask this now, are there any more of you that are married or even perhaps engaged?” Captain Allon called down the line.

“Yes!” Garth shouted as he raised their hands high.

Everyone else just giggled at Garth’s excitement. Imra held a graceful smile but couldn’t help but blush just a little.

“And who do we have here?” Captain Allon said motioning for them to step forward as he walked towards them.

“Garth Ranzz of Winath”

“Imra Ardeen of Titan.”

“Married or Engaged?” Captain Allon smiled at the two and checking them against his list.

“Engaged.” Imra answered.

“Have you two lived together before? Once we assign you to the same room there’s no backing out.”

“Yes, Captain. We have.” Garth said beaming.

“Alright, then that’s two spots each that open up in the dormitories. We’ve made the rooms as suits, where it’s two to a room and then there is a common area for the four people. We’ve tried to make this place as comfortable as possible while still being a training camp. Would the four of you like to make the first suite?” Captain Allon asked looking up from his Omnicom.

The four looked at each other for a second. Even though it was an old issue at this point and had thoroughly had been resolved, the fact that two of them had cheated with the others significant other was on their minds. But ultimately they let sleeping dogs lie than open old wounds.

“Yes Sir.” The four said in unison.

“Ok, then if I could have the four of you stand over here please and then I’ll continue with check in.”

“Next is Miss Ayla Ranzz and obviously of Winath. Do you have a roommate preference among your friends?”

“The rest of us get a choice too?” Ayla asked confused.

“Normally no. But I’ve seen what your squad can do and as I understand from all of your interviews you’ve all been together a long time. The team work you all exhibit is amazing, you know each other so well on the field and that’s what I want for this program. That type of unit out there.”

They all had forgotten that it had been so long since they had seen themselves through his hopeful eyes and at the same moment realized he hadn’t seen them truly become Legion. As their teammates sat in awe for a second Umbra and Andy felt like they were being honored with the compliments from the fallen and that they were the fulfillment of his legacy.

“And the best way to get there is trust. You all trust each other and I’d like to keep that trust and unity going. Although I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t hoping some of you would split up and join the other cadets. Help inspire them.”

Captain Allon’s brown puppy dog eyes and half smile turned Salu into a puddle. She almost raised her hand and then Lu caught her eye. Their talk came to mind and she instantly shrank down two whole inches and didn’t raise her hand.

“I’ll volunteer to have a random roommate.” Lu called out. She looked back at Salu and winked at her.

“But they better be OK living with a Craggiate.” Lu said splitting into three. Each taking a different stance; Neutral stood firm in between the two as, while Purple stood to her left with arms crossed and a slight scowl, while Orange stood slightly behind Neutral but still strong but her quietness still shown through.

“Hmm…alright and that makes you?”

“Luornu Durgo or Lu for short.” Purple replied and instantly the three of them recombined.

“I think I have someone that could room with you for sure. Any other takers?”

“Me!” Salu said raising her hand and growing back to her normal height.

“I’m Salu Digby from Imask.”

“Nice to meet you Miss Digby.

“But everyone just calls me Vi.” Vi added nervously.

“Vi?”

“Its short for Violet, it’s a nickname.”

“Alright cadet Violet. I’ll place you two in the same suite and I’ll let you know who your new roommates will be.”

“And now back to you Miss Ranzz. What would you like to do?”

“I’ll be randomly assigned as well.”

“Good. This is moving along quite nicely. Next is…”

“Andy Nolan of Earth. I’m obviously going to have to be randomly assigned.” Andy looked around as he was the only unattached male among their group.

“No problem there. But I’ll put you in the same suit with your two remaining teammates Miss Umbra of Talok IV and Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu is it?” He looked up from his Omnicom.

“Yes and that’s just Umbra. No miss. Just Umbra.” Her smile glistened as she said it.

“Cadet Umbra it is.” Captain Allon said with a smile as he saw the smile tighten on her face.

“And Miss Cullen any relation to our other Cadet Cullen, he’s also from Xanthu?”

“No, it’s just a popular last name.”

Everyone else had a slight reaction to hearing the first Kid Quantum was alive and apart of the cadet program. They all noticed that Jazmin had no reaction to the news and instantly her mind was flooded with a thousand questions in her mind from her teammates.

“I found out in my interrogation. I just didn’t bring it up.” She thought quickly to everyone. She hoped they would leave it now. As much as she wanted to see him she wasn’t sure how she would be once she actually saw him in person.

“I’m very excited to start working with all of you. Here are your room assignments and I want you all to go drop off your items and change quickly into some workout clothes and then you’ll meet some more of the cadets.” Captain Allon said as he handed them Omnicom’s.

“The Omnicom’s are standard issue and you each have one. You’ll be provided with other standard issue Science Police gear later throughout the training.” The excitement in his voice was clear but so was his determination to work them hard. As he led them up the hill and past the main gates they all walked into the tower. The wind picked up a bit just at the base of the tower where the door was. The shadow that cast over them seemed like it lasted for days. The tower was wide and completely blue with windows running up the sides.

Andy figured those must be the rooms as he looked up as high as he could the very tip of the tower no longer visible as they passed through the large doors that opened up onto a large court yard. As they looked around the Legionnaires realized just how much interest there was in the cadet program. All around them were people dressed in workout gear each doing some form of warming up. Some were practicing their various powers while others were simply stretching and then there were others who were flying around high above them.

Jazmin searched the crowed for James, her brother the first Kid Quantum but didn’t see him. She wondered if one of those flying was him. Jazmin instinctively began searching for a quantum signature similar to her own. As Jazmin’s amber eyes glowed for a moment she quickly started to feel a sense of panic. It hit her much like when the nannites first registered her.

“What’s happening?” Jazmin yelled as she quivered and began to fall over.

Captain Allon and the others turned to look at her.

“Oh no! I forgot.” Quickly Captain Allon disabled the nannites on Jazmin and the rest of the team.

“Sorry about that. I forgot to turn off the nannites to allow you all free access to your powers. While you’re here, you’ll able to use your powers whenever and however you like. They are still monitored but there are no restrictions. We want you to be able to practice as much as possible.” Captain Allon helped Jazmin to her feet.

“If you need a moment to rest you can have it.” Captain Allon offered.

“No thank you. I’ll be fine. It was just for a second.” Jazmin straightened herself up and as she looked up she saw James float down to the ground just feet behind Captain Allon. She stood stunned for a moment and then as he continued on his way not noticing her she regained her composure.

“Alight Cadet Cullen, then I’ll see you out on the field in 20 minutes.” Captain Allon left the team to find the way to their rooms to change.

The couples split off quickly as their suite was on the right side of the 5th floor of the tower. Umbra, Jazmin, and Andy’s suite was on the 18th floor on the left and they too soon departed for a jump tube. There were several on every side of the court yard. At the very back of the court yard was a large turbo lift, for everyone’s luggage to be taken to their rooms. The turbo lift went to every floor. Ayla took a jump tube off to the far left corner of the court yard that only went to the even floors on the right side hers was on the 52nd floor.

“I can’t believe there are so many floors. I wonder if all of the floors are dormitories and if so I think they have even bigger ambitions for membership than the Legion ever did.” Ayla wondered to herself.

Vi and Lu were the last to find their jump tube. It was over on the left side and only lead to the odd numbered floors. Their suite was on the 69th floor which was the top floor of the dormitories; the last floor was the administration offices of Captain Allon and the other instructors. The two glided up the tube effortlessly, even though it was almost the top of the tower the ride didn’t take long at all. One would think that a short ride at such high speeds would be unpleasant but really wasn’t. These kinds of tubes were the top of the line that used a quantum shielding that helped with the friction of being pushed so fast. Even though much of what was outside the tube was a blur Lu did notice that not all the floors were dormitories. There were other things in between but she wasn’t quite sure what all of them were.

The jump tube opened up on to a floor that was fairly standard looking The walls were painted a neutral beige with medium high ceilings. Floating globular yellow lights were littered above their heads every few feet. They were set to a very dim glow currently. But it was still bright enough as the one window at the end of the hall was a giant window from floor to ceiling. Lu and Vi’s suite was two doors down from the jump tube.
Entering their suit they realized no one was there. They quickly went to their rooms and changed into the provide workout gear in their closets. Lu looked around her room wondering if there was anything in her room that would give her an idea of who her roommate was. But it was pretty barren.

“I guess she just got her not too long ago herself…” Lu thought to herself.

Lu continued to change and slowly she began to recognize a burnt smell. She wasn’t quite sure what that was. But hopefully it was just something from the common room’s mini kitchen. Leaving her room and checking the mini kitchen she didn’t see anything.

“Vi you ready?”

“Yes.” Vi said emerging from her room.

“Did you see anything in your room to indicate what your roommate like?” Lu said as she neared the door.

“No not really. However there was a lot of luggage by her bed.” Vi said as she and Lu left their suite and went to the jump tube.

The ride back down was just as smooth as the ride up. As they come forward into court yard. Still filled with people they all were beginning to make their way out to the field just below the tower. Vi and Lu followed suit. The walk down the path from the side exit of the tower was quick to take them to the field. That was already filled with people.

“May I have your attention please.” Captain Allon’s voice boomed through the speakers that floated around the mini stage that had been set up.

“Welcome everyone my name is Captain Gim Allon and I’m the head administrator and instructor here. Today is the first day that will change all our lives. We have gathered all of you here to train you to become part of a special unit of the Science Police that will help defend the United Planets from threats beyond the capabilities of those of the Science Police and traditional military forces. We are looking for the brightest and the best of you to make this squad a reality and those of you that graduate the cadet program will be admitted.

Now let’s get down to business. All of you have registered and your powers are known to us. Throughout training you will be tested on the limits of your abilities and those limits will be stretched and improved upon. We will also work with you on hand to hand combat and tactical training. Finally you will all take classes in diplomacy, team work, and Science Police protocols and United Planet’s law.” Captain Allon informed them.

“Much like what legion training was like. I’m sure we’ll all make the special unit.” Imra thought to herself.

“But, first off I’d thought we’d start off with a scrimmage matches. I’ll be breaking you up into teams and my fellow staff members and I will watch each match. As there are so many of you we will make teams of ten.”

Imra didn’t need to read Captain Allon’s mind to know what he was planning. She knew that he wanted to demonstrate the team’s capabilities to the other cadets.

“The first squad of ten will consist of the following cadets, Imra Ardeen, Garth Ranzz, Ayla Ranzz, Tinya Nah, Joe Nah, Andy Nolan, Lu Durgo, Umbra, Jazmin Cullen, and Vi.”

Captain Allon continued to announce squads as everyone shuffled to be with their teammates.

“Remember everyone we need to do the best. The sooner we get into the special unit the better.” Imra thought to everyone.

The crowds finally parted and made ways to each of the designed courts the instructors had set up. As the Legion stood on the left side of a court they waited to find out who the squad was they were facing.

“Hello again everyone.” Captain Allon said as he floated down to them after naming all the squads.

“This is the final squad and I think this will be a good match up.” Captain Allon stood aside and revealed the last squad. The Legion stood there shocked to see many a familiar face.

“Let me introduce the squad. This is Brek Bannin, April Dumaka, James Cullen, Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III, Gates, Berta Skye Haris, Bobb Kohan, Jedediah Rikane, Bogdan Tarka, and San..”

“Inferno “Inferno interrupted Captain Allon.

“Excuse me?”

“It’s Inferno. Just Inferno.”

“Cadet, need I remind you why you’re here?” Captain Allon asked moving closer to her.

“No. but I prefer Inferno.” Inferno said her unwavering attitude butted heads with Captain Allon.

“Fine. Inferno it is. But remember this is your last chance. Screw this up and you know what happens to you.” Captain Allon whispered to her his tone wasn’t as harsh as Inferno expected but she knew it was still a serious warning.

“And this is Cadet Inferno.” Captain Allon announced returning to the others.

The Legionnaires knew this was a possibility, they just never imagined having so many reunions at once.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #825211 10/16/14 02:20 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Monstress, Gates and Inferno! James too! Love the inclusion of so many other familiar names.

Plenty of luggage huh, now who else would have a lot of luggage... wink

Liked Umbra using her code name as her real name, and Triad catching on to Vi's crush.

Omni #825248 10/16/14 06:36 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
hmm we'll see soon.

I'm glad your liking all the cameos.

We'll I agreed with how you said their friendship was underdeveloped and i'm working to correct that.

Yeah for so many of them i have trouble using their real names and Umbra is one of them. she's never been Tasmia, or Tas to me... i think that's how i truly differentiate her from the other Shadow Lass's.

Sensor has mellowed out alot but don't worry she's still as fierce as ever.

I feel Thom's always had Gim in the back of his mind since his death and getting a chance to show your mentor the affect they had on you is something Thom just can't resist. But i think he also wants to just see him again maybe. i think he may think he still has more to learn.

never underestimate a pretty face. tongue

Omni #825274 10/16/14 11:23 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I'm looking forward to your skirmishes too! I love how this Gim also prizes teamwork and trust. And how he picked up on that right away once he observe the Legionnaires together. Also liked the bit about Umbra and Ferro feeling proud that he praised their teamwork.

Omni #827668 11/12/14 02:07 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Colu –Brainy and Andromeda

Brainy and Laurel made their way through the space port. They still had some time before their rendezvous with the Coluian U.P. representatives. Laurel’s long blond hair was tied back into a tight pony tail that was half way down her back. Fixing her hair while passing her reflection in a window quickly Laurel realized how nervous she was to be meeting the Coluian representatives. Brainy didn’t seem nervous at all he seemed distracted more than anything to Laurel.

“Brainy, how early are we?”

“We have exactly 25 minutes and 34 seconds before we have to report to the launch pad.” He said looking up from his Omnicom.

“Do you think we could go over to that café and grab something to eat? I wasn’t very hungry this morning before we left but now my stomach is growling like a Daxamite dessert cougar.”

Brainy smiled a bit.

“Of course and it will give us a chance to go over our story one more time. I know it seems like I’m drilling you but my people are known for their intelligence and that includes being able to detect a lie.” Brainy cautioned.

“Brainy, I know our story. I’m your patient. Your working on a cure for a rare disease I have and with these nannites in my body that’s not that far of a stretch from the truth.”

Laurel and Brainy took a seat at the café inside the space port. The white floating chairs were only semi comfortable.

“Yes, very good. I’m sorry Laurel, I’m just very nervous about returning to Colu. It’s been forever since I was there in our own reality and the last real interaction I had with my people was during the Robotican War.”

“I’ve read some of the reports. Not a very great interaction it seems.”

“Considering, I found out that my own people were responsible for the repression of all A.I. sentience in the galaxy and then to prevent their reawake my people sent an assassin to kill their leader and my surrogate “son” C.O.M.P.T.O. is definitely not the best of interactions to end on.” Brainy made a half smile before returning his gaze to the menu.

“Were you fond of being there before all that? Before you became part of the legion?”

“I found it rather boring truthfully. They were quite limiting on any of my experiments and rather insulting now that I think about it, much of the time they referred to me as a “freak”…I think I’ll have a Winthanian pluma berry and lettuce salad.” Brainy typed into the menu pad before passing it to Laurel.

“That’s horrible.”

“Not completely. Considering my lineages is filled with some of the more villainous people in the galaxy and their numerous attempts to either conquer Colu, subvert it, or bring nothing but disgrace I understand why Coluians hate and fear us.”

“You mean them. Don’t you? I think you couldn’t have caused that much trouble for them.”

“No I mean us. As odd as this might sound, I am actually the cause of my own boredom. During the team’s late 20th century time trip, I released Brainiac I, who attempted to take over Colu and pushed Colu into a developmental waste land as all intellectual pursuits became completely theoretical and no longer experimental. Thus Colu has not changed in a thousand years.” Brainy said flatly returning to his Omnicom as he was working on some updates to a threshold navigation system.

“Have you decided yet?” Brainy asked looking up from his Omnicom but Laurel’s face perplexed.

“You caused a thousand years of stagnation on Colu.”

“Yes. Now pick what you want to eat before we have to leave.” Brainy peered over his Omnicom.

“Fine. I’ll have some mashed potatoes, with a Daxam Manna Lizard steak…ooo that was my favorite as a kid. I’m surprised they make it.” Laurel’s eyes lit up.

“Selection unavailable. Selection will now be removed from list.” The menu pad squawked at them.

“That should really come as no shock. They are in exile after all.” Laurel’s eyes saddened as she tried to find something else on the menu.

“So when did you leave?”

“Hmmm…?”

“When did you leave Colu? And I’ll go with a Rimborian noodle medley.”

“I left when I was eleven, they “gave” me to Brande Industries but it was more like relieved themselves of their perceived burden.”

“What about after joining the Legion? Weren’t they proud of you?”

“I guess. I never took that into account. My planetary ties are not as strong as yours Laurel.”

“I’m learning that. But I’m just curious about Colu I guess. I’ve actually never been there in all my travels.”

“Colu doesn’t offer much for off worlders from what I remember… but let me see what I can find out about this realty’s Colu.” Brainy quickly slide his fingers across his Omnicom. He saw Laurel’s face the moment he had said that. He knew she was already worried about the nannites but to have to be on a potentially hostel world was something he didn’t want her to experience.

As he looked up different attractions he thought she might like or that were geared towards off worlders Laurel finished ordering and before either of them knew it their food had been brought to the table by a service drone. The café around them was still pretty empty. The space port this early in the day wasn’t filled with as many people as either of them expected.

“Here is your order.” The drone’s monotone voice rang clearly around them, as they realized they were the only ones at the café.

“It must be a slow day.” Laurel took a bit of her food trying to keep the conversation going.

“Indeed. Now look, here are a few things you can do on Colu while I attended to my duties. There is the Colu, wild life preserves of Gilmu dessert that you could fly to and go on a hike or if you like theoretical physics there’s a lecture series starting the day after tomorrow.”

“It’s fine Brainy. I’m sure I’ll find ways to entertain myself. I just hope I’ll still get to spend some time with you, that isn’t confined to a lab.” Laurel said leaning across the table and gently taking Brainy’s hand in hers.

Brainy saw her smile and returned it but he knew he had to say something to Laurel. He needed to tell her about Lyle.

“Laurel…there is something I need to say. “ Brainy let go of her hand slowly pulling it back on the table.

“What is it?”

“I know we had something in the past or perhaps there was the possibility of something and I know since your return to the Legion there hasn’t been much time to really discuss or examine any old or existing feelings.” Brainy was becomeing flustered. Something else else that didn’t happen often but he wasn’t as prepared for this conversation as much as he thought he was.

“Brainy are you OK? You seem frazzled.”

“I know you have feelings for me and at one point I did for you.”

“Did?” Laurel’s blue eyes clearly saddened by the thought.

“Yes, as much as you are my friend and teammate and to be honest after everything the Legion has been through you’re my family. But you must know that I don’t have any romantic interest in you and I actually am currently spoken for.” Brainy studied Laurel.

“But that would mean you’re with someone else on the team and I don’t recall you connecting especially with any of the single women of the team.”

“That would be because it’s not one of the single women among our team.” Brainy’s green eyes glistening in the space port light as he looked at Laurel and the expression on her face.

“It’s Lyle isn’t it?” Laurel said her mind swirling but her face only portraying the sadness she felt that he was taken.

“How’d you guess?”

“You spent a lot of time with him in the void and in between realities and even when I came back to the team I saw the two of you together a lot.” Laurel picking at her food now.

“Then you understand and know I still care about you as a friend?”

“Of course. Brainy whatever may have been there once isn’t there anymore and you’ve clearly found someone who makes you feel like the amazing person we all know you can be.” Laurel spoke volumes about Brainy’s transformation with that one sentence.

“Thank you Laurel.” Brainy smiled graciously his green eyes almost brimming with tears.

“But can I ask you something about the two of you?”

“Of course.” Brainy said hesitantly.

“How long have you two been together?”

“Officially, only since we’ve been in the void. But I’ve had fillings for a lot longer than that.” Brainy breathed a sigh of relief. He hadn’t said that to anyone. Not even Gates.

“So it’s still new?” Laurel’s tone was soft.

“It is.”

“Then you must be very happy and in love.” Laurel couldn’t help but smile slightly.

“Yes.” Brainy beamed.

“Then why doesn’t anyone know about it?” Laurel asked. Her soft manner had hardened a little with this question.

“Lyle would like some privacy and something that is just ours.”

“I see.”

“Do I detect a note of skepticism in your voice Laurel.”

“Brainy, I’m happy for you and I do understand the need for privacy and discretion and Lyle as the master spy thrives on those things. But nothing that is worthwhile as loving someone can be expected to grow in secrecy.”

“We are just taking it slow.”

“OK. Just don’t stay hidden too long, it won’t help the relationship, is all I’m saying.” Laurel squeezed his hand as she took it again.

“Thank you Laurel.” Brainy smiled. Laurel’s insight rang true. He was fine for now keeping their secret. But he never he couldn’t and wouldn’t do it forever.

“We should finish up. We have to meet with the representatives soon.” Brainy said as he looked down at both of their plates which neither of them had really touched.

They finished their meals; still talking but steering away from their previous topic. Even though Brainy knew he could tell Laurel anything, he felt for now he needed to leave this topic alone. He wasn’t sure he could process the emotions it could bring up right before he had to lead the two of them through the manipulative minds of his people.

Before either of them knew it they were on their way to the landing pad to meet the Coluian representative. The landing pad was pretty windy with several other stargate ships taking off.

Coluian Representative Gux stood there his grim dark green face with pinched cheeks revealed how cold the landing pad area was waited for them to arrive. He was balding on top with a short reddish brown pony tail in the back. The wind was blowing it about him, when he turned to see Brainy and Laurel’s arrival.

“Brainiac 5 it is good to see you again. Thank you for accompanying Brainiac 5 to me. You may take your leave now.” Representative Gux said as he dismissed Laurel.

“She is not my handler Representative Gux. She is my traveling companion and patient Laurel Hylya of Venegar.”

“I don’t recall in your conditions of your return to Colu to included having a companion.” Representative Gux’s dark green eyes narrowed as he straightened himself again after the wind blew his hair into his face.

“I’m sorry Representative Gux; it’s a last minute adjustment that needs to be made. Her health is in my care. Besides I’ve already contacted Colu and made the proper arrangements and accommodations for Laurel’s stay.” Brainy said dryly with a slight smile.

“I see. Follow me then.” Representative Gux turned up his nose at them and made a curt turn to his left on to the ships loading stairs.

“That went well.” Laurel whispered to Brainy.

“Remember to them I am a Brainiac and in a way that’s our greatest asset here.” Brainy thought to Laurel, still using the telepathic ear plugs they both wore.

Laurel just smiled politely. She wasn’t sure what to think of that honestly. She never fully understood why Brainy’s people feared and hated his family so much. They followed Representative Gux up the stairs and into the ship. The opening was large and once they entered into the ship they were greeted by one of the ships many stewardesses on this spacious slipstream ship, one of many in the Coluian government’s fleet. This ship had been out fitted to be a long trip cruise and small trading ship. The stewardess showed them to the jump tube which would take them to the upper level decks, as Representative Gux had gotten into the ship before them and promptly left them. Taking the jump tube to the second level where their room and suit was. Even with slipstream technology, it was a four day journey to Colu from earth. Brainy and Laurel left the suit and went to the lounge that was located outside the bridge of the ship. A spacious area with many seats; both individual as well as booth and deluxe, a commissary area, as well as a mini theater area. The ceiling was a glass window allowing you to look at the stars at all times.

Brainy was slightly shocked at the opulence that was this lounge. He never knew anyone on clue to have anything so lavish. Maybe this Colu was a little bit different than his realities after all.

Last edited by Omni; 11/12/14 02:28 AM.

Omni #827669 11/12/14 02:12 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Nice! I like what you added to this piece. The orders were a nice touch, Brainy eating salad and Laurel wanting meat was good. Loved the little bits like Brainy's strong friendship with Gates being referenced, and Lyle the spy being the one who wants to keep their relationship secret. I am also very much liking how you like Laurel, she has certainly mellowed AND matured!

Omni #827670 11/12/14 02:42 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
I do like Laurel. She;s another one i felt was underdeveloped once her status as a traitor and death were revoked. Plus i feel time as a nun on multiple worlds, being a legionnaire for some time and a awe inspiring transformation might give her a bigger perspective that i think people would expect from her.

i'm glad the little bits work well and hope they do help bring this to life!

Omni #827672 11/12/14 03:28 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
They do, and I agree with your insight on how Laurel's travels and spirituality would affect her perspective. Nice!

Update 11.19.14 :Cadet Days.
Omni #828609 11/19/14 03:24 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis -

“Squads, we’re going to start with a five verse five match. Once one of you is taken out by an opponent, then one of the remaining five will be subbed in. this way we can watch each of you and how you work with different teammates. We’ll be looking at your skills in both power and team work and taking orders. I will appoint two captains per team. That way if one captain is taken out the other can sub in. Now you each will be out fitted with one of these.” Captain Allon holds up in his hand a small round disk. The disc has a thin smaller circle indented in to its surface that lights up green.

“You will all attach these disks to your chests. The green light signifies that you are still alive. As the battle goes on you each will receive damage points which will change the green to red. Once your disk is all red that means you’re out and your replacement gets tagged in. Everyone is on the honor system to not use lethal force as the nannites are turned off. But anyone who attempts it will be shut down.” Captain Allon’s demeanor changed instantly. His stare tried to cover everyone but he knew it was caste towards Inferno.

“Alright, the captains for squad one are Tinya Nah and Andy Nolan. And for squad number 34, your captains are Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III and Brek Bannin. Choose quickly amongst yourselves who goes up first and who the alternates are.” Captain Allon stepped back on to his personal hover disc. Summoning a seat with a stroke of his finger on his Omnicom Captain Allon read up on some of the cadets while the squads deliberated. Reading in Cadet Jazmin Cullen’s file she was a leader with her group. He wanted to see if she could take orders as well as she gave them and realized he made the right choice to sit her out as leader.

“OK Andy, do you want to be first captain up?” Tinya asked as she stretched her arms.

“By all means, ladies first.” Andy’s smile shown through as he bowed.

Many underestimated Tinya. She knew that people forgot how formidable she could be and that’s exactly what she was counting on in this battle. She knew she didn’t look like much of a power house and as she looked over to the other squad she saw some of them sizing up who they want to go against if their on the field at the same time.

“If you all don’t mind I have an idea for the first squad up though.” Andy said.

“Sure. What’s your suggestion?”

“If they pick Jazmin’s brother to go in the first round choose Jazmin to go in. but if they don’t leave her out. I think Jazmin should face her brother in the rounds because she’d be the best person to take him out.” Andy said.

“Wow, good thinking Bucket head.” Jo said grabbing Andy by the shoulders and giving him a small nkoggie. Andy was caught off guard but he was smiling underneath his mask. Andy was always shy and he and Joe had never been the best of friends but they got along and right now Joe’s energy was infectious. He was looking for a good work out and he knew many of this team’s members and knew he would get just that.

“Agreed. Otherwise I know who I want. Joe, Umbra, Garth, and either Jazmin or Lu you’re the first round team.”

The team waited and watched as the first squad of the opposing team stepped on to the court. The squad consisted of Candi, Berta, Gates, Inferno, and April; each of them taking different stances to warm up on sidelines before the match. Candi was as tall and statues as ever. It took Garth a second to realize why she looked different and it was because she had her green skin completion instead of the orange hue they all had come to know. Garth wasn’t sure which one he liked more but it wasn’t that big of a deal because she still wore a smile a mile wide as she stretched and checkered her hair one more time before jogging on to the court.

While Gates sat there staring at his teammates as he opened several teleportation disks quickly before opening one beneath himself to port him to the court. Berta closed her eyes and breathed deep breaths several times before walking out onto the court calmly before starting a wind dance. April choose to run around the court chasing a fly. Her speed and agility were amazing, Umbra noticed and she smiled.

Lastly Inferno was off to the side waiting for the match to being. Captain Allon looked over in her direction and flashed a look at her. Staring him down in her own right she created a fire ball in her hand before releasing it to slowly circle around her wrists and extend up her ar.ms. Her brown eyes glowing bright hot yellow as the fire trailed up and then just as quickly as her flames flickered across her arms and her eyes glowed, they soon dimmed and the flames subsided pulling the flame back into the ball in her hand and back into herself. Captain Allon smiled and gave her a nod.

The legionnaires took to the court next.

“And may the best squad win!”

The legionnaires each stood ready to fight and so did the other squad it was just a matter of who was going to strike first.

“Oh Sprock this!” Umbra said rushing the team, jumping high into the air she began firing several strands of dark inky shadows at their feet as a warning shot to separate them. Instinctively April darted left and then leapt at Umbra. Umbra jumped back before doing a back flip up and over Garth who was waiting in the wings for the feral cat to jump. Garth’s blast just missed her as she heard the air crackle; Garth’s white hot bolt of lightning leaving a scorch mark on the court.

April snarled as she looked around. Her teammates hadn’t yet made any move.

“Get your heads in the game and back me up!” April barked her teeth gleaming as she jumped to doge another bolt from Garth, which sent her right into the waiting fists of Umbra, who punched her back. April flipped landing on her feet. April began rushing at Umbra, who sent blast after blast, that April dogged. Umbra smiled devilishly as she watched the little cat move.

“Yes, one to the left, right, left, left again.” Umbra thought to herself and just as April made contact and caught Umbra’s left wrist in her claws and was about to strike again, Umbra used her right hand to send April rocketing back as she full blasted April in the chest with her widest shadow.

As April went flying back her natural cat like reflexes kicked in and she twisted to land on her feet.

“Don’t you know girl, cat’s land on their feet?” April snarled.

“Yes I do. But I’m pretty sure that even a cat can’t handle three opponents at once.” Umbra said with a sinister smile.

Lu instantly split and began taking on April. Lu Orange did a sweep kick to her legs while Lu Purple did a round house kick to her face sending her over to Lu Neutral who punched her directly in the jaw, knocking April out.

“That’s two points to squad number one!” Captain Allon’s voice boomed. The smile on his face was clear. He knew this was going to be the squad to beat.

April groggily sat up and shook her head a little.

“Where the Sprock was everyone else?” April growled as she stood. Looking down at her chest piece it was at 75%. April growled.

“Hey, worry about yelling at your team later. Get back in the game.” Lu Neutral called as she jogged back on to the court.

April smiled as she leapt and ran at full speed towards Lu; her eyes narrowing in on Lu’s waist. As she ran her claws dug into the court leaving deep gashes, Lu Neutral had tried put as much distance between her and April. At that moment Lu realized just how much she missed her flight ring. April began to gain on her

“Just… a bit farther…” April thought

April took two more strides before jumping at Lu and tackling her waist. Lu went down.

“There ya go. Nice sack.” Lu smiled and then flipped April off of her. Lu looked down and her chest piece went down 3%. She was determined to never let it slip past that point.

Lu ran and jumped into the air instantly triplicating as she intended to land a kick to April’s face. But as she was about to land it and April prepared for the blow Gates opened a portal and teleported Lu, landing her in front of Jo kicking him square in the jaw.

“One point goes to squad 34.” Gim announced with a surprised smile.

“Ouch Lu, that actually hurt.” Jo said as he massaged his jaw.

“That’s the point ya big lug.” Lu said patting Jo on the back.

“If you think that hurt. Try this out!” Candi said as she quickly swung her left arm back, sending Jo flying.

“Ha-Ha! Nice one Candi!” Jo yelled as he came rocketing back towards her. He missed his sparing matches he used to have with Candi.

Barreling straight for Candi’s torso, he used his momentum to carry them a few feet, once he switched to super-strength. The two landed and Candi lied still for a moment. The two looked down at their chest pieces; each had been knocked down a bit. Jo was at 77% and Candi was at 70%.

“Pretty tough there Mister.” Candi said standing and smiling pushing her long green hair behind her ears.

Candi began to jog towards him again and switching to invulnerability as Candi punched him again. Jo didn’t move an inch. Candi stared mystified for a second and that second was all Jo needed.

“Ha. That kind of tickled.” Jo switched to super strength and punched Candi square in the jaw, dropping her meter down to 56%.

Captain Allon took notes but had yet to award another point.

As Jo began to float to make his next move Inferno made her move and began firing red hot flames at Jo.

“Ouch! That’s pretty hot Inferno.” Jo flew up and out of her range.

“Jo whirl wind!” Tinya shouted, as she phased allowing April’s retractable claws to pass through her.

Jo changed his direction and began circling around Inferno bringing his circle in tighter till finally he’s circling her so fast it made her head spin landing a few punches Jo took her meter down a bit. But as Jo went to land another punch he was thrown off course by a tunneled wind burst that was sent from Berta. Jo’s momentum carried him towards Tinya and April who were still battling it out.

“Angel, watch out! I’m moving too fast to stop.”

Instantly Tinya phases and Jo grabs April as he speeds on through. Tinya turns her attention to the others.

“Umbra incase Inferno now!” Tinya remembered that their Inferno was afraid of the dark and she hoped this reality’s was as well.

“You got it!” Umbra’s hands began to glow an inky blue black as shadows rose up from the ground around Inferno. Inferno continued to fire and radiated as much light as possible, but the shadows surrounding her eventually swallowed her whole.

“Two points goes to squad one.” Captain Allon said.

Candi came charging towards Umbra and Garth sent a jolt towards her to deter her from charging forward. But when Candi didn’t stop charging, Garth sent a blast of lighting at her; hitting her in the shoulder.

“Ouch! That hurt and I think you left a scorch mark.”

Candi changed targets and charged Garth instead. Garth fired bolt after bolt but Candi kept coming. Candi reached Garth grabbing hold of him in her hands.

“Not a good idea.” Garth warned with a playful smile as he charged his entire body to send volts running through Candi.

Instantly she dropped Garth.

Candi’s meter was down 32%. Her strength was enduring. But Candi could feel herself slowly being worn down.

“How you doing?” Garth asked lending a hand.

“Well aren’t you a gentlemen.” Candi said taking his hand and standing gracefully.

“This is just as much about skill as it is sportsmanship.”

Captain Allon smiled as he saw that.

“Good going hunny. You just impressed the Captain.” Imra told Garth Telepathically. He sent a wink her way as him and Candi returned to the battle.

“This is also a competition.” Gates chimed in as he teleported in and chopped Garth on the neck and then teleported himself and Candi six feet away.

“Ugh… nice play.” Garth rubbed his neck before sending a blast at Gates, who opened a small green disk in front of himself to redirect the blast. Garth anticipated this but had no clue where Gates would send the redirected blast.

“Zappp!”

“Ouch! Umbra called out as the blast hit her in the butt. The momentary distraction caused a small hole in the top of the shadow ball Umbra had Inferno in, allowing Inferno to send out the hottest of flames busting open Umbra’s dark field.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” Inferno screamed as the flames burst out blinding everyone around her.

Umbra cast a shadow as about herself and Tinya to try and shield them.

“Looks like someone’s afraid of the dark.” Umbra hissed.

“I know, that’s what I was hoping for. But I was hoping that she would have eventually exhausted herself. But that distraction allowed her to get free.” Tinya said still trying to hide her eyes as she looked at Inferno.

“Cadet! Rein it in!” Captain Allon yelled down to them over the P.A. system.

But Inferno couldn’t hear him or anyone else. She was lost in her fear of the dark and she wasn’t going to allow anyone to put her back in that dark place.

“We have to get her to calm down…” Umbra said.

“Or we just need a little help from her teammates!”

“Berta!” Tinya called.

The young yellow skinned woman stood there trying to shield her eyes. She was pulling her long raven hair into her face but even that wasn’t working.

“Berta!”Tinya called again.

“Huh?”

Tinya finally got Berta’s attention.

“Start sucking the air away from her to help dull her flames and if you can direct it at her head to try to make her pass out!” Tinya called

“Why not just have Garth use his powers?” he’s much more experienced at this.” Umbra thought to Tinya.

“Teamwork, remember and she’s a better bet. Trust me.”

Berta slowly lowered her hands and closed her eyes. She pulled at the air around her. Her hands doing a wind- chi dance of sorts her fingers rolling into her palms. The blue energy that swirled around her hands showed them how much air was being sucked away and she glowed brighter with each gesture.

The air became thin around Inferno. But she didn’t care she was going to burn away the darkness forever burn away the monsters. Her flames burned bright and red hot but she could see them reseeding, each flames tappers flickering as she pushed to keep the flames going and extended out. Each breath Inferno took became shallower and shallower till finally she had hyperventilated enough and passed out. Jo swooped in at super speed and grabbed her before she hit the ground.

“How is she doing?” Captain Allon asked floating down. He signaled for a medic to come over.

The medic rushed over checked her vitals. He attached two small round disks to her chest and ran a diagnostic.

“She’s fine, just passed out from lack of oxygen. Not enough to cause any real harm to her.” The medic said.

Inferno’s meter was the first to reach red.

“OK, and with that people. Inferno’s out. Cadet Kohan you’re in.”

“Don’t we get to choose our replacements?” Tinya asked

“Sorry. Did I forget to mention I choose the replacements?” Captain Allon’s voice was sincere but he found it hard to not smile just a little as he knew just how much of a curve ball he threw.

“Also three points goes to squad one. One for the amount of teamwork you were exhibiting and two more for containing a potential mess you created. Also squad 34, you get two points one for the assist to contain you teammate and one more for the rescue and redirect by Gates. That puts up at 7-3 in favor of squad one. Let’s resume the match. Cadet Kohan you’re in.” Captain Allon said as he once again floated back up above the court.

Last edited by Omni; 11/19/14 06:38 PM.

Re: Update 11.19.14 :Cadet Days.
Omni #828610 11/19/14 04:44 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I like the health meters and the point system where Gim has the discretion to award points. Nice touch.

I like your uses of everyone's powers, of course. Nice action going there. A nod to Inferno's fear of darkness was nice, though hope you don't mind my saying but I felt Tinya may have been a bit too exploitative of it? Inferno seemed quite terrified. I did like her leadership in pulling Nightwind in to help put the fire out.

I also loved the insight into tactics you showed. Having Tinya and Ferro as leaders was a great touch.

I also got a bit confused about how Triad's kick ended with her kicking Jo - did April dodge? Sorry, I might not have been reading carefully enough.

Omni #828684 11/19/14 06:56 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Not at all. remember for this team its about using every advantage they can. So Inferno's fear i felt was the logical place to go. But i don't think Tinya thought her fear was that intense.

Thank you. neither of them have ever been shown in a leadership role (i do not count Phantom Girl's tenure in the end of the last series.) so i wanted to explore that.

Thank you on the tactics...i honestly feel like i'm just making it up. so i'm glad its believable

I'm glad you like both the health meters and Gim's point system. after words i sort of regretted it. lol just because it became harder to keep track of once i got going.

no you were right. a part about gates opening a portal got deleted. i added it in.

Omni #828696 11/19/14 07:34 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Omni
Not at all. remember for this team its about using every advantage they can. So Inferno's fear i felt was the logical place to go. But i don't think Tinya thought her fear was that intense.

Thanks, and you're right. Tinya would only have used Inferno's fear if she didn't know it would cause such a drastic reaction.

I'm glad you like both the health meters and Gim's point system. after words i sort of regretted it. lol just because it became harder to keep track of once i got going.

I empathize, it can be quite hard to keep track of! But it makes a lot of sense in the cadet program.

no you were right. a part about gates opening a portal got deleted. i added it in.

thanks smile I also liked April's go-get-em attitude, fits her a lot.

Love the great use of Gates' teleportation disks! He's really shaping up to be an MVP. But overall you also gave each of the 10 combatants some great screen time, I really liked it.

Re: Update 11.20.14 :Cadet Days.
Omni #828736 11/20/14 01:54 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Round two:

Each squad went back to their own sides of the court lining up again. Cadet Kohan stood ready, his hands glowing from the crystal shards that were beginning to form in his hands. Candi stood ready as did Gates and Berta and this time none of them were going to wait for anyone from squad one.

“And GO!” Captain Allon announced.

Candi was out there first running straight for Umbra.

“I got distracted last time dear. But once I pick a target it’s hard to shake me!”

“Bring it!”

Umbra ran towards Candi. First she jumped back when Candi threw a punch that would have landed her in the face. Quickly ducking as Candi continues to land punch after punch Umbra braces her hands on the ground and kicking Candi square in the chest making her stumble back. Umbra then blast Candi in the face directly and creating a shadow ball around her head. Jumping up and using her elbow to deliver a blow to Candi she fell over. As Umbra sat atop Candi, April came rushing her. April reached out with her claws and grabbed Umbra by the hair.

“Hair pulling really?” Umbra snarled.

Umbra pulled right back. April’s main was thick but she didn’t seem as phased by the hair pulling. Then Umbra stamped on her foot and let go of her hair before flipping her off of her and blasting her with a shadow sending her through Tinya. Tinya floated up and stayed phased. April came running back and just when she thought she could run through Tinya, she moved to her left and clothes lined April.

Candi sat up and looked down at her meter. It was at 20%.”

“OK seriously are you all just trying to get me out of the game? My feelings are hurt.” Candi said with a cartoonish pout and stood up.

“Well then don’t be such an easy target!” Lu said as she did a triplicating kick to her chest.

The three Lu’s surrounded Candi. When a green portal disk opened up underneath Lu neutral.

“Hey where’d you send our sister?” The other two Lu’s said in unison.

Candi then swung at the two Lu’s taking both of them out. Lu neutral appeared moments later.

“What! Where!” Ooo… I don’t feel so good.” Lu neutral instantly feel to her knees. Between being held in one of Gates teleportation disk for a while in mid teleport made her feel sick and then adding in her sisters being knocked out and feeling the pain they experienced Lu couldn’t help but fall over.

Lu took a moment and recombined herself. Her breaths were short but slowly she was coming around. She had never been trapped in one of Gates ports before.

“Need a hand?” Gates’s small shadow covered Lu’s face as he offered his claw to her.
“Thanks. That portal of yours is pretty harsh to stay in.”

“Yeah sorry about that. But it’s a game and we all have to play if were to prove our worth to these authoritarian war lords bent on creating a super death squad.”

“Glad to know some things never change.” Lu said.

“What?”

“Oh. Sorry. Nothing.” Lu said.

“Vertebrates.” Gates ported away instantly.

Lu snickered a little to herself as she looked down at her meter. It was down to 50%.

Lu looked over to where Gates had ported and she looked at his meter. It was completely green and so was Cadet Kohan. Candi was at 18% after this last bout and April was down to 35% and Berta was at 98%.the she wondered about her own team.

Walking over to the sidelines to regroup with the rest of the team she found out.

“OK… I’m still holding strong at 73%. This is fun.” Joe said as he pumped his fist together.

“You really are getting a kick out of this aren’t you?” Lu said

“It’s nice to get a work out and this is fun I mean Candi, Inferno, Gates all back. It’s great.”

“Speaking of which, his meter hasn’t gone down at all.” Lu pointed out.

“He’s on the list. So where does everyone else stand?” Tinya asked.

“I’m at 67%” Umbra said.

“70% Garth chimed in.

“50%.” Lu said.

“Alright and I’m at 94%” Tinya said.

“I think we’re doing alright.”

“I think I’ve got a plan to get Gate’s.” Lu suggested.

“So far he’s done well with moving one person at a time or himself and one other person and redirecting a blast or two. But maybe we should rush him… So far they still aren’t doing too well in the teamwork department. Except for Gates. He’s pulled them together to save each of them at some point. Take him out and the rest should fall even faster.” Lu said.

“Good point. Lu and Joe take point and rush Gates. Keep him on the run. Make him tired and then Garth and Umbra fire away. And anyone who gets in the way just tosses them to an open teammate.” Tinya instructed.

The Legionnaires broke and went back on to the court. Tinya ran on and continued to run head on towards Cadet Kohan. She saw his hands glow but she wasn’t quite sure what he could do and she wanted to find out. Cadet Cohan fired instinctively crystal walls forming around Tinya.

“Nice try Kid! But weren’t you watching it’s kind of useless to try and trap a ghost.” Tinya retorted as she phased through the crystal walls.

“Who said they were walls?” Cadet Cohan said with a smirk.

Tinya turned as a large shadow began to tower over her and there behind her was a large crystal monster. It was at least 18 feet tall. Tinya had phased through one of its feet. Its thin legs led up to a thick hunched body with crystal shards of purples, blues, gold’s and silver spread throughout its body. Its arms and hands were clear white and sharp shards of crystal. The tip of its head was pointed into three peeks and its chin was pointed into a beard of sorts.

The crystal monster smashed down its thick silver blue crystal hands on to Tinya. She phased instantly and ran.

“Haha! Just because I can’t touch you don’t mean I can’t chase you.” Cadet Kohan said as he controlled his crystal monster. His hands glowing a silver blue light as he held a small crystal in his hand that resembled the giant crystal. Cadet Kohan knew his larger creations were easier to control with miniature avatars to control.

“There you go Cadet Kohan. Get in there!” Captain Allon cheered.

Tinya continued to run and let Cadet Kohan’s crystal monster chase her. But the monster wasn’t choosing her path. She was leading him away from Gates.

Jo flew head on towards Gates. But Gates didn’t bat an eye as Joe sped towards him. Gates simply opened a portal disk beneath him and moved behind Joe and sending Jo into a portal of his own. But when Gates ported he didn’t realize he ported in front of Lu who had now split and surrounded him. They each took a turn trying to punch him but each time their fist was put through a portal and they ended up punching each other. Changing tactics a bit Lu Orange punched, while Lu purple kicked. Finally landing a few punches Gates’s meter went down to 95%. Teleporting away, April jumped into the fray and into Gates spot taking on the three Lu’s again.

Once Gates was clear both Umbra and Garth began laying into him. Garth fired bolt after bolt to keep him distracted. While Umbra did her best to blast him with shadows, but each time he opened a portal disk at the last minute.

“What is this Pick on the Bug day?” Berta said as she waved her hands in the air to summon a wind tunnel to blast at Umbra.

“Oh look who decided to come and play.” Umbra said jumping up and firing a blast of shadow at Berta’s chest.

Berta feel back but quickly got up.

Over on the sidelines Jazmin was rooting for both Umbra and Berta. She’d mentored the girl as a cadet in the Legion Academy before the fatal 500. But this Berta didn’t know her here. She wasn’t even sure if this was the same Berta.

Berta began her ti-chi wind dance again only this time each move was meant to connect with Umbra. First she sent a fist to the left before swing across Umbra’s face. Umbra ducked just in time. But Umbra was hit with a slightly stronger wind under current from Berta’s arm that caught her off guard and made her lose her balance. Umbra did a tuck and roll before blasting Berta again in the chest before refocusing her attention and blinding Berta. Her eyes covered in shadows.

Berta stood for moment. Shocked and frustrated and clawing at her eyes before finally standing still and beginning her dance again. her arms swiping across her chest, right, left, right, left, and then right again before going into a final sweeping motion to her left which was where Umbra was standing and the wind gust she sent towards Umbra threw her back and into Garth who was still firing on Gates to keep him distracted.

“Good job cadet! Nice wind burst and two in one. That’s two points for squad 34.”

Meanwhile Joe came rocketing in from over the bay where Gates had ported him and headed straight for the giant crystal monster that was still chasing his wife around. Flying straight ahead and switching between super strength and invulnerability rapidly, busting through the chest of the crystal monster. The shards began to fall everywhere. Tinya stayed phased as crystals burst open around here.

Cadet Kohan’s hand had bust open at the same moment revealing to Tinya the shattered avatar in his hand. Before she could do anything he fired off a blast of crystal at her. Tinya wasn’t intangible and was hit by his crystal blast sending her down. As Tinya lay there she began to stiffen. As she turned to look back her vision crystallized over and the last thing she saw was the look of horror on cadet Kohan’s face.

Last edited by Omni; 11/22/14 12:11 AM.

Omni #828741 11/20/14 07:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Wow! Some more good action.

Interesting take on Crystal Kid, I like the crystal avatars. Seems like he has some trouble controlling his powers though,I think that's an interesting development.

Nice to see Gates be the most competent (teamwork wise) of the opposing squad wink I think I know why... I really liked the scene where he helped Triad up.

[b]
Over on the sidelines Jazmin was rooting for both Umbra and Berta. She’d mentored the girl as a cadet in the Legion Academy before the fatal 500. But this Berta didn’t know her here. She wasn’t even sure if this was the same Berta.

This made my day! Thanks for the nod to my own story! I liked Berta's effectiveness as well!

Omni #828832 11/20/14 10:37 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
You have some great developments for things that went on behind the scenes IB.

So thank you!

I bet you do indeed. tongue

Yeah, i read in Crystal Kid's bio he had trouble with his powers and thought it be a good angel to go with. I'm glad you liked the avatar part. i wasn't sure how that would come off.

As powerful as everyone is they are there to be trained and i want to showcase that and really help high light the difference between the Legionnaires and the dopplegangers of the people we know from U-247

Omni #828854 11/21/14 01:04 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I like the avatar part quite a lot, stands to reason that someone who can create crystal structures can also make them move!

And I agree, even though the "new" cadets are powerful, you were able to show that they lack teamwork and experience - something which "our" Legionnaires have in spades!

And thank you for the compliment on my developments smile glad you like them and I'm honored that you choose to use some of them!

Omni #831050 12/07/14 11:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Cadet Kohan rushed over to Tinya and But Joe’s super speed got him there before Cadet Kohan could reach her. Joe shoved him back.

“Back off and stay away from my wife!” Joe said as he flashed his eyes red.

“Angel?” Can you hear me?” Joe turned and held her crystallized cheek as gently as he could in his hands.

“Imra, Read her mind. Please tell me she’s OK?” Joe called out.

Imra put her hands to her head and closed her eyes.

“She’s there Joe…She’s frozen in crystal but she’s there. But I can’t communicate with her…her mind is reflecting any attempts I make. But I can sense her mind.” Imra opened her eyes and instantly turned to attention to Cadet Kohan.

“Cadet Kohan, is your mind like that? A pure crystal? Making you resistant to telepathy?” Imra asked.

“I honestly don’t know, never been near any telepaths before.” Cadet Kohan said with a slight shrug.

“May I?” Imra said walking over to him.

“I don’t see how this will help.” Joe said.

“Well I’m assuming Cadet Kohan, by the look of horror on your face a moment ago you didn’t mean to do that and you don’t know how to reverse it?”

“Yeah…when I first got my powers I did that to my grandpa. But he recovered…eventually.”
“What do you mean eventually?” Joe stood up and turned his gaze on Cadet Kohan. His eyes flashing bright red.

“It took him about a year to recover.” Cadet Kohan let out.

Joe almost instantly began to rush for Cadet Kohan but he was stopped by Candi.

“Hold it, Ultra Boy!” Candi said with her hands firmly planted on Joe’s shoulders.

Joe stopped in his tracks when he heard her say his code name.

“Let, Cadet Imra see if she can work her magic before you try and kill my teammate.”

“Joe…” Imra said his name and looked him in the eyes.

Joe backed down. Imra understood their bond all too well and she was going to do her best to get Tinya back to normal.

“OK Cadet Kohan, May I?” Imra approached him.

“I’m going to place my hand on your head. Sometimes physical contact with a new mind helps make it easier to enter your mind.” Imra explained.

Closing her eyes to concentrate, her hands touched Cadet Kohan’s head. His white blonde hair was slightly stiff as Imra realized his hair was very fine and coated in a thin layer of crystal. But it wasn’t too hard she noticed. As she entered his mind she saw his mind was the same as Tinya’s. A vision of a bright blue crystal brain. But she noticed his mind was different. The crystal itself reflected his memories, his thoughts his feelings, whereas Tinya’s was a crystal clear.

“Cadet Kohan…let’s see where this memory goes…Captain… would you like me to patch you in so that you can see what I’m seeing? It’s quite beautiful.” Imra could feel Captain Allon’s curiosity.

“If it’s alright with Cadet Kohan.”

“Sure. Look all ya want.”

Imra broadcasted to Captain Allon what she was seeing. The crystal brain glowing in different parts and at different times; words images all appearing at different times, across the crystal surface.

“It’s extraordinarily beautiful.” Captain Allon uttered a loud.

“Thanks and I’m glad you think my brain is beautiful but can we get on with this?” Cadet Kohan asked as he twitched trying to stand still.

“Sorry, of course” Imra dropped the connection with Captain Allon and returned to looking through Cadet Kohan’s mind. Using her psychic avatar, she touched down on the crystal and tried to access anything she could about his powers. The memory he spoke of about his grandpa came up first and it’s true it did take him a year to recover.

“Cadet you have to be able to control it somehow…think of it like your pulling it back…you ever have to do that Cadet Kohan? Pull your crystal’s back in once you’ve created them?” Imra said instantly as the pink psychic energy at her temples flared for a moment.

“No...They usually just disappear.”

“When?”

“Well…I don’t know honestly, the last time I had something disappear was. Can’t you just search my memory or something to find it?”

“I was hoping there was something that would trigger the disappearing if you thought about the last time it happened.

“Let’s try the pulling back method.” Imra said.

“I want you to pull on the crystal coating Tinya. Try pulling it off of her.”

Cadet Kohan’s hands began to glow as a small purple crystal formed between his fingers. The glow grew brighter as he tried. Imra continued to monitor him to see if she could sense anything that could help. But nothing was happening to Tinya. When suddenly Imra got it.

“Joe laid him out!”

“What?” Joe and several others said in union.

“Lay him Out!” she instructed.

“Don’t have to tell me twice.”

And instantly Joe had sped around Candi and punched Cadet Kohan out.

“Care to explain Cadet Ardeen?” Captain Allon asked.

“I found the memory of the last time one of his constructs disappeared besides just the passing of time. He was distracted or in this case unconscious. I found other instances of when it happened. His powers are will based. These aren’t crystal as in he creates crystals from his body, but from his mind and that was the key…actually I don’t think Cadet Kohan even understood that about his power. I also think his grandpa was a fluke most brought on by the onset of his powers.” Imra explained.

“Does that mean?” Joe spun to see that the crystal hadn’t left Tinya at all.

“Imra, are you sure….” Joe asked.

As Imra was about to speak Tinya gasped as the crystal vanished from her body.

“GAHHHHHH! Oh that was horrible! I could hear everything but I couldn’t say or see anything. It was so cold.” Tinya panted as Joe hugged her.

“It worked and it took Cadet Kohan out of the match. He’s still unconscious.” Candi said as she checked on Cadet Kohan.

“Alright, Cadet Kohan is out and will be taken over to the medical tent and Cadet Wazzo Nah, you’re out as well. That blast took your meter down to zero. Also I want you to report to the medical tent just in case. That means Cadet Nolan you’re the new captain on the field and from squad 34, Cadet Rikane your in.” Captain Allon boomed over the PA system.

Each squad returned to the sidelines to regroup.

“Hey guys were doing pretty well out there. Where is everyone’s meter at? ” Andy said joining the huddle.

“I’m steady at 73%.” Joe said. His enthusiasm has died a little.

“I’m down to 65%” Garth rubbed his neck.

“59%.” Umbra said with a stretch.

“I’m down to 43%. That cat is wearing me out. Can someone please take her out?” Lu Neutral huffed as she bent over slightly.

“What’s wrong Lu?” Ferro asked.

“I got trapped in Gates portal disk for a bit and then Candi knocked the other two of me out.”

“We’ve taken worse.” Umbra said.

“Yeah but the adrenaline of battle and our lives on the line are a lot different than a training course. I’ve just got to take out that sprocking cat!” Lu punched her hand into her fist as she triplicated.
“Don’t worry. I think I have a way to take her out.” Andy said. His steel eyes determined to make a good leader.

“We’re all ears.”

“The cat likes to strike first and fast and yes she is agile but she isn’t able to strategize. That combo Garth and Umbra used on her in the first round threw her completely. If we can repeat that, but with a slight twist we should be able to get her out of the game.”

“What’s the twist?” Lu asked.

“We use her teammates against her, which in turn might get us a point with the Captain.” Andy’s voice was stern but his eyes showed the sincerity of wanting that approval from Captain Allon.

“How do we do that?” Garth asked as he glanced over at the other squad.

“Use Berta against her.”

“So we run the redirect play?” Joe asked.

“I’m not sure that will work. Gates is too good at redirecting anything you guys throws at him, so if we toss Cadet Berta’s wind blast at him he’ll just send it to one of us.”

“Then what do you want us to do?” Umbra asked impatiently.

“I changed my mind. I want you to send Cadet Berta’s blast towards him and then at the last second blind Gates. But wait till he has the portal disk open. Once he can’t see where he wants to open it and is distracted the disk will either disappear or it will open up onto someone else. Everyone, be prepared to get the wind knocked out of you. But also be prepared to throw the cat around. If you have the cat and a portal opens up with a wind burst coming through, through.” Andy said.

The team broke and returned to the court as did squad 34. Umbra eyed April up and down. Umbra noticed that April’s meter was at 57%. Umbra waited for the signal from the Captain to start and instantly she was up and running to meet her opponent head on.
Umbra fired several strands of shadow at Candi, she intended to go for April but When Garth sent a bolt flying over her head at the cat who was about to jump over her and land a punch from above, she changed targets. The strands didn’t do much to stop Candi from chugging on but she did stager back from each hit, taking her meter down from 20% to 18%. Umbra runs at Candi, and throws several punches at Candi’s stomach before she tucked and rolled in between Candi’s legs, once clear she blasted Candi in the back full force sending her forward into the waiting knuckles of Joe, who was flying back around after being teleported by Gates again. Candi went flying back. She didn’t stand a chance and with that her meter was instantly red.

“Another one bites the dust! Whoooo!” Joe yells on a fly by.

“I guess I’m out dear. You’re up next Captain Bannin.” Candi said as she made her way to the bench.

“OK cadets! I want you to take a break for a moment. This is half time. So regroup and get ready for round three.” Captain Allon’s voice boomed over PA system.

Omni #831052 12/08/14 12:01 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I like the insight into Crystal Kid's powers! Very interesting twist. Glad to see his grandpa and Tinya both made it OK.

I like Ferro's strategizing, it's good to see him get a chance to shine. Also nice to see Lu's determination and Umbra thinking on her feet, and as a bonus Candi gets taken out of the match. Looking forward to seeing Jed and Brek in action!

More, more, more, I'm really enjoying these battles and how you are using them to highlight these characters' powers and personalities!

Also, interesting bit about Monstress using Jo's code name. I'm intrigued!

Omni #831062 12/08/14 01:57 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB! I'm glad your enjoying these battles.

Ferro is an artist if i recall correctly and they pay attention to details. Plus he's buddies with Val and I'm sure he picked up a thing or two from him so i felt like that would help him be a master strategist. i think no one thinks that of him. but he is. i think its just sometimes over shadowed by his eagerness to be liked and excepted at least in the team 20 days. plus i he did beat Wildfire at 3d chess and it was fun to think of. but i like his humbleness about it too.

thanks on Crystal Kid. but i wish i could take credit. comic vine, said while concentrating he can create constructs of crystal. (http://www.comicvine.com/crystal-kid/4005-27527/)

i took that to mean will based, much like a green lantern's ring. but innate.

and thank you on their personalities, as always i worry i don't do them justice. so thank you very much!
I enjoy writing all of them but i think Umbra in becoming a fav for me in battle.

and i think Lu's determination is one of her best qualities.

And don't worry there's more to come but i think we might get a break for moment and check in on some other DOMAINS.

CosmicBoy1

Last edited by Omni; 12/08/14 02:00 AM.

Omni #831063 12/08/14 02:07 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Yes, I agree, and it's nice that you're bringing out Ferro's hidden depths. I agree we tend to underestimate him, but you are doing a good job showing how much he has grown.

I agree with you on Umbra, it's good to see her warrior instincts come to the fore while still tempered by her team spirit.

I think you should still take credit for Crystal Kid, you are taking directions that were never shown in the comics smile

And I can't wait to see Cos and Drake take on Domain!

PZH update 12/17/14 -Domains
Omni #832076 12/16/14 11:55 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Domains-

Rokk’s vision was blurry as he tried to open his eyes. The room around him was dimly it. He tired to see what was in front of him.

“What… why is it so dark?” Rokk thought to himself as he blinked his eyes a couple times. His vision finally clearing, Rokk looks down and sees playing cards in his hands.

“What! Where am I?” Rokk said out loud as he turned his head from side to side and on either side he saw dogs smoking cigars and the black and white Doberman to his right smiles at him with a pink tough hanging out and a Bulldog with a bowler hat. Turning his head back to the Doberman, who instantly licked Rokk’s face and slobbered him. Rokk closed his eyes and wiped the slobber away and instantly he was no longer sitting next to the dogs, but was sitting in front of them on the green poker table.

“What!” Rokk yelled as he tried to stand but before he could move one of the dogs threw down a red plastic poker chip that was headed straight for Rokk. Rokk trying to magnetize anything around him to block the poker chip but he failed to find anything and found no way to stop it.

“Whew that was a close one” Wildfire said as he grabbed Rokk by his jacket and flying up and away from the giant poker chips.

Rokk opened his eyes to see the poker chip slowing down behind them and coming to a spinning stop before landing flat.

“What the SPROKE is going on?!” Rokk yelled.

“My I’ve never heard you be so vulgar boss man. But your guess is as good as mine. One minute you were boring… I mean educating me on early 20th century heroes of the crotatious age and the next were here playing poker with dogs. “

“It was early 21st century heroes of the Golden age and I think you can land now. The dogs seem to be studying their cards.”

Wildfire landed them as smoothly as he could. But gravity seemed to have other rules and they were forced down into a tuck and roll and as they finally came to a stop the scene started to change.

“It’s Domain!” Rokk sighed and hung his head.

“It’s what?”

“IT’S DOMAIN!” Boomed a voice all around them.

The two of them shook as the ground beneath them rumbled.

“Who is this guy?” Wildfire asked shaking his head.

“He’s an inter-dimensional being of sorts who was hired to kill me by my ex manger. But I escaped… I figured he was gone with our universe but I guess he somehow survived.” Rokk’s hands flared up instantly trying to sense any mental in the vicinity.

“So this guy’s still trying even though the guy who paid him to do so is no longer in existence?”

“It seems that way.”

“I told you I never lose a target.”

“Keep on your toes. He can change the scenery and everything is…”

“AT MY WILL!” Domain cut boomed over Rokk cutting him off.

“WHAT SHALL WE PLAY WITH TODAY?” The scenery continued to change.

Rokk tried his best to find a center. So sort of magnetic force within each shift. But all he could sense was his own magnetic field.

“LETS SEE…I LIKE THE BALLARINA’S THAT COULD BE FUN WATCHING YOU TWO RUN FROM THEM AS THEY TRWIL THEIR RAZOR SHARP TOTOS TOWARDS YOU.” Domain’s eye’s glowed

“Razor sharp Toto’s? Is that the best this guy has?” Wildfire asked.

“Don’t provoke him. He could throw anything at us.” Rokk stood battle ready as he moved closer to Wildfire, forcing him to stand back to back.

Suddenly the scenery finally stopped shifting and the duo found themselves inside a hedge maze.

“It’s a bunch of bushes…” Wildfire’s arms went down instantly.

“WELCOME TO MY DEADLY MAZE. WORK YOUR WAY THROUGH GENTELMEN.”

“Why not just come and fight us?” Rokk called.

“BECAUSE THIS IS MY WORLD. THIS IS MY GAME AND HONESTLY COSMIC BOY; I WOULD THINK YOU’D RELEVSH THE CHANCE TO HAVE THIS BE A CHALLENGE INSTEAD OF A MERCY KILLING.” Domain’s voice boomed again. The sky above them changing from a clear blue sky to a dark thunder storm. Domain’s eye’s flashed in the sky above them as the lighting struck a nearby tree igniting it on fire.

“Gulp...I guess we should get moving.” Wildfire said.

“THAT WOULD BE A WISE CHOICE.”

Cautiously they moved to their left away from the burning tree. Rokk tested his flight ring to see if he could fly and gently he levitated.

“What you doing boss? You thinking of going for a fly over?”

“No just testing my ring to see if it still worked.” Rokk thought to Wildfire.

“Going silent?” Wildfire thought back.

“Yup.”

Walking their way through the first set of hedges. Which as soon as they were through the opening the hedge grew over instantly. They turned at the sound of the foliage and branches twisting together.

“There goes my idea about leaving bread crumbs.” Wildfire joked.

“Drake…as much as I appreciate the banter this is a very bad situation. Last time I was here he made it so my magnetism was ineffective. But he does seem to want to play with us this time. So maybe we have a fighting chance.”

They walked down the wide path. The gravel under their feet crunching as they slowly made their way. Wildfire’s hands glowed with small balls of energy ready to fire at any moment. But nothing seemed to happen as they went along. The sky above began to lighten as well from the gloomy clouds. But as they turned another corner they saw before them their first obstacle. A giant blue marble knight stood before them ready to fight.

“Well Drake… you wanted something to happen. You just got your wish!”

And with those words the giant blue marble knight began charging them. With each step the knight made the ground shook and trembled beneath him. It sent the ground rolling towards them. Wildfire instantly took flight, While Rokk did a tuck and roll into the bushes as the knight’s 12 foot lance was about to behead him. Wildfire sent waves of antimatter energy at the Blue knight, who raised his shield that was on his left arm. Rokk jumped out from the bushes and began trying to use what little metal there was in the gravel rocks. Rokk realized Domain had changed the gravel’s composition when he finally sensed metal. Rokk pulled all the metal he could out of the gravel and used his magnetism to forge a spear.

“Keep him distracted Wildfire!”

“You got it!” Wildfire continued his assault on the Blue Knight keeping his blast fast and hard the shield was showing signs of melting, when the Blue Knight swung his lance up at Wildfire. Wildfire blasted himself up just in time as he melted the lance in his wake. The Blue Knight threw the smoldering lance to the ground and instantly growing to catch Wildfire. The Blue Knight grabbed Wildfire around the waist tightly. Wildfire tired his best to wiggle free but nothing was working.

“Any time now!” Wildfire gasped before trying to let off a blast at the Blue Knights face.

Rokk used his flight ring to propel him up and forward and he flew into the back of the Blue Knight with his spear. It wasn’t much but it was sharp and using his magnetism he charged the spear. He figured if he could lodge it in deep enough maybe he could use it to tear apart the Blue Knight from the inside out.

“Take that! UGH!!!” Rokk jammed as hard has he could to get the spear as deep in the Blue Knight.

As Rokk magnetized the spear in his hands as it dove farther into the Blue Knight’s marble exterior, sending cracks up through his torso. The Blue knight grabbed at the spear and tried to break it out as Rokk flew up and away magnetizing the spear and forcing it in farther. Rokk was pushing as hard as he could. The metal from the gravel was tough but he wasn’t sure how tough it was going to be against marble he could feel it twisting its way in deeper into the marble. The cracks began to spider web out. But the Knight fought on, holding on to Wildfire tightly.

Finally calling the spear back to him, but pulled out through the other side of the Blue Marble Knight, Rokk’s left arm shot up instantly as the spear drove its self home to his hand. The Blue Knight’s grip loosed on Wildfire as his body began to crumble. Once the spear was clear the spider web cracks cascaded through his body. Wildfire flew over the remains and released a huge blast to melt the marble down. The two landed and Rokk used his magnetism to reshape the spear into a small iron gauntlet around his left arm. The Marble Knight’s melted blue remains continued to melt away into a nearby sewage drain.

“A sewage drain in a hedge maze?” Wildfire asked.

“It’s Domain. I don’t bother asking questions. Now be on guard the wall over there has come down clearing a path.”

The duo made their way to the opening behind the Blue Knight.

Meanwhile back at the Hospital in Nura and Thom’s dream date.

“Thom this has been great just talking with you. I hope we haven’t worn Sensor out with our chatting. I’m sure this mental link she made for us has been going on forever.”

“It’s been 20 minutes or so. But who’s counting.” Thom said as he nuzzled Nura’s neck a little. But as he moved in Nura sat up right instantly.

Nura’s sudden upright position wasn’t just inside their mental connection though. She had physically shot up, altering Sensor immediately.

“Nura what’s wrong?” Both Sensor and Thom and Nura heard their voices over lap saying this in unison.

Nura’s blue eyes glazed over as she saw Rokk and Drake fighting a giant blue Knight and then saw Domain’s eye’s glowing over head. Then she saw several other things happening to Rokk and Drake but she wasn’t sure what to make of any of it a dinosaur and a giant clock were all she could make out. She hated how fuzzy this vision was being but then she saw a door way of light and the Superman and Flash Museum.
“I’m sorry we but we have to go Thom. I love you and see you soon.” Nura said with a wink.

“See you soon.” He whispered and with that Nura was back in the real world with Sensor next to her.

“We have to get back to headquarters. Rokk and Wildfire need some help.”

“Then I guess we better get moving dear.”

Last edited by Omni; 12/17/14 12:00 AM.

Re: PZH update 12/17/14 -Domains
Omni #832165 12/17/14 11:24 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Domain’s Part 2.

The hedge maze continued to twist and turn after they got past the Blue Marble Knight and with each turn the hedges would grow over changing the mazes path. Rokk felt like they were just going in circles and for all he knew that’s just what Domain was having them do. They treaded lightly as they walked down the path further. First they went to the right and found a dead end. Wildfire tried to burn in away. He thought maybe it might get them closer to finding Domain. But the hedge just re-grew itself.

“This is more frustrating than the time I had to learn how to make my energy blast not so toxic that I wouldn’t scar someone. Come to think of it, these hedges resemble that scaring a bit… at least before it re-grows.” Wildfire said turning to Rokk.

“Drake…You’ve mentioned one of your former lives again…are you alright? You’ve never talked about them much and I always figured you’d forgotten those memories eons ago.” Rokk said as he turned back around. The hedge had over grown and changed the straight path they had just been on into a corner, cutting of the path they had walked and an option they chose to ignore. Leaving them only one path around the corner. Rokk’s magnetism flaring up as he detected a steel statue of a unicorn.

“I’m fine. Honestly, I know almost everyone on the teams past. But most of you don’t know anything before my life as Drake Burroughs aka Wildfire. But I was two people once and lately it’s been on my mind. That’s all. Can’t a guy open up with his friends?” Wildfire’s tone was clear he didn’t want to talk about the why he was mentioning past. He just wanted to share and Rokk was glad for that. But something in the back of his mind kept telling him he should keep any eye on him.

“OK. I just want to make sure. You’ve never seemed like you’ve wanted to talk about it before. But I’m glad you want to share and well that your sharing it with me.” Rokk thought as they walked on towards the steel unicorn.

“You think this will start attacking us now?” Wildfire asked as the two of them circled the statue.

“It’s possible.” Rokk began to pick apart the unicorn to make a three more gauntlets for himself.

“NOW THAT WOULD JUST BE WAY TO OBVIOUS DON’T YOU THINK GENTELMEN?” IT’S A DEADLY MAZE AND I’M HAVING FUN. WATCHING YOU GET CUAGHT BY THAT KNIGHT WAS FUNNY WILDIFRE.” Domain boomed.

Rokk and Wildfire still circled the remains of the steel unicorn. They both tried to prep themselves for the unexpected but when Domain says he’s not going to do something it’s the thing you should prepare for. But as they both looked up the ground trembled as they heard a loud thundering sound.

“RWAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

“What was that?” Rokk spun around.

“THE NEXT SURPRISE.” Domain’s voice boomed again.

“RWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The roar was louder now and much closer and so was each shake of the ground. the hedges shook violently.

“Please don’t let it be a dinosaur…please don’t let it be a dinosaur.” Rokk kept repeating to himself over and over again.

“Why don’t you want it to be a dinosaur?”

“It would mean that Domain knows how much of a history buff I am and at one point or another most of the heroes of the golden age had to face off against a dinosaur. This kind of scars me.” Rokk admitted over their telepathic connection.

“RAWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHH!!” A giant T-Rex came bursting through the hedges. Its shadow looming high above them even before it swung down its head opening its jaws wide. The razor sharp teeth crunching into the steel unicorn. Then Rokk jumped up first and flew up high above the T-Rex’s jaws.

Wildfire flew to the other side as the T-Rex’s tail flew forward smashing directly into Wildfire throwing him over the hedges. As high up as Rokk was he couldn’t tell where Wildfire had gone. Using his magnetism to attract the steel that was still crunching within the jaws of the dinosaur. twisting the steel to create a chain around the T-Rex’s mouth trapping it shut. The T-Rex struggled and began to thrash about even more. Rokk stayed in the air keeping the trap shut but he knew this wasn’t going to last forever and he still saw no sign of Wildfire.

“DID YOU LOSE YOUR FRIEND? DON’T WORRY I’M SURE DINO HERE WILL KEEP YOU COMPANY AND I’LL MAKE SURE WILDFIRE IS OK.” Domain taunted. His voice wafting in on gust of winds causing Rokk to lose his balance in the sky a bit.

“What have you done with him?” Rokk shouted to the sky.

“TIME WILL TELL. BUT HERE’S YOUR NEW GOAL BECAUSE NOW I’M BOARD WITH THIS GAME. YOU’LL HAVE TO MAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH THE DEADLY HEDGE MAZE TO FIND YOUR FRIEND. YOUR STILL GOING TO ENCOUNTER SOME DANGER. BUT I’M SURE YOU’LL MAKE IT THROUGH ITS WHAT YOU HERO TYPES DO.” The gust picked up more blowing Rokk away. But he used his powers to anchor himself to the steel trap around the T-Rex’s mouth.

The T-Rex contained to thrash about as Rokk pulled his way up the chain as the gust of winds continued to blow. Using as much muscle and magnetism to hold on Rokk could only hope these gusts would stop soon. Finally reaching the head of the T-Rex, Rokk nestled into its neck before finally throwing his leg over hugging the back of the T-Rex’s neck.

The Legion’s Secret Headquarters.

Nura and Sensor came flying in through the skylight. Sensor used her powers to mask them the whole time as not to waste any time getting back. The headquarters was quiet. Lyle was in the new monitor room and Val was in the VR room, while the others hadn’t returned from their mission.

“Lyle! Get out here quickly. We’ve got a situation.” Nura called out.

The two of them landed and Nura immediately went to the meeting table lighting it up trying to locate Rokk and Drake.

“What’s going on?” Lyle came out of the monitor room.

“I had a vision and Rokk and Drake are in danger. They’ve been taken somewhere.”

“Where? Nothing came in over their rings. No disturbances, no calls for help.”

“But have you even tried to reach them?”

“Well no…”

“Try now.” Nura urged as she tried to use the table’s computer to bring up a grid map of the city and showing the Superman and Flash Museum.

“Rokk? Drake? Come in? can either of you read me?”
There was nothing but silence as he continued to try and hail them.

“I had a vision that they were take somewhere else and it happened at the Superman and Flash Museum. But I didn’t see where in the vision and I saw these eyes in the sky above where ever they are.”

“Who do you think took them? The Time Trapper maybe?” Lyle asked searching for temporal surges in the area around the Museum. The screens light up under his gentle touch.

“No it wasn’t a when that they were taken. It was a where.” Nura said.

“We don’t need more missing teammates.” Sensor chimed in.

“The difference is I think these ones can be found a lot easier at the moment.” Nura replied.

“There wasn’t any temporal energy signatures. But there is a trans-dimensional energy signature.” Lyle pulled up a visual of the energy signature. A faint residue was pulsing in the exact spot the museum was.

“So they were taken to another dimension?” Sensor asked slightly confused.

“Yes. But the next question is by who?”

“DOMAIN.” Nura’s vision glazed over as she said his name.

“Sorry his name just hit me like a vision. For some reason...”Nura wasn’t sure why either but even the sound of his name in her head felt weird.

“Domain? Didn’t Cos, face someone like him before?” Sensor asked as she sat down.

“Yes he did. Let me see if we have the files.” Lyle began typing on the screens.

“We have the mission flies from our world?” Sensor said.

“We grabbed every file and piece of information we could get our hands on before the fatal 500 took control of Legion World. I think I’ve found it...” Lyle said pulling it up on to the holo table. There on the holo screen was a picture of Domain’s white head and his eye’s that were so cold.

"Not much is known about him and Rokk’s ring recorded a few images from what happened. That’s the only reason we even have an image of him. He’s a contract killer that was hired by Cos’s ex manger and he can create his own dimension and control anything that happens in it at his will according to the file.”

“But wouldn’t he have been died with the rest of our universe?” Sensor asked.

“Cos’s report says that he wasn’t sure if Domain was alive or not when he released Cos from his dimension. It’s possible his dimension protected him from the destruction of our reality…but that would either mean he’s been tracking Cos forever or when he returned to reality to try again he appeared here and now in this reality…as if nothing had happened. This reality must be close to our own on the time space placement.” Lyle said as he read the file closely.

“So to him he’s just out to continue to go after Cos but without the knowledge that everything he worked for all his credits, targets, and what have you are gone?” Nura asked

“It seems that way.”

“How do we get them out of there?”

“That’s a good question…” Lyle said as the three of them stared at the holo vid of Domain his blank eyes staring back at them.

Last edited by Omni; 12/20/14 12:20 AM.

Omni #832245 12/19/14 04:49 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Oh, I like how you brought in some other Legionnaires into the story. Nice touch. Also liked the reference to Wildfire's past lives.

Domain using Cos' interest in history to design his dimension is a nice touch too!

And of course I liked the banter between Cos and Wildfire.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Omni #832273 12/20/14 12:42 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
thanks Ib.

i'm glad you liked all of those!

i'm enjoying the banter as well. mostly because i don't ever recall any scene time with these two.

I feel like that's what makes for a good adversary. they know who their target and use everything to their advantage.

As much fun as i could have with Domain and keep Cos and Wildfire gone forever. i felt it had to end at some point and Nura having the vision while at the hospital really allowed me to start to reign in the couple plots i put out. But i'm thinking Domain might make another appearance down the line.

Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,120
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
grazzendeecee
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
WangLung
WangLung
Chicago area
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star