Roll Call
0 members (), 15 Murran Spies, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/09/24 05:55 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/09/24 04:15 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/09/24 11:24 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/09/24 09:36 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/09/24 08:07 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/09/24 08:00 AM
Moonmoons.
by thoth lad - 06/09/24 07:50 AM
Comic book Catfights
by RED-001 - 06/08/24 07:10 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Legion Worlds Four (updated 16 November)
Harbinger #916333 11/16/16 04:41 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Forty eight hours later

The Senior Team had been in their meeting for forty minutes before they joined the rest of the team in the new semi-formal communal meeting room that Gears alteration of the planetoid base had created. No one was particularly surprised that the Dead Brain, the dwarven leader of the Khund Battle Brigade was with the senior team.

"Everyone, thank you for waiting..." Element Lad said to the suddenly silent room."We've had some matters to discuss and I believe it's time they were shared."

There were a few mutterings and Wildfire and Timber Wolf made good natured jeers from the group but overall most of the team waited for their leader to continue.

"All of you know how my people were exterminated by Roxxas and his murderous gang, and sadly the Trommites are not the only race threatened by such genocidal rage... I think it's time we took a more proactive stance to protect the many races that still find themselves in such dreadful circumstances. As you are aware In the last few weeks we have successfully retro-fitted our technology into the Tyrrazians battle planet without losing the tremendous stealth capabilities or warping technology they had. What we propose today has very much to do with how we take advantage of the opportunity this has brought to us."

For a split second there was silence as Jan reached to take a glass of water and sip from it.

"....there are other matters to discuss before we discuss those options. Firstly, I'm sure you are all as happy as I am that Ayla has chosen to return to us..." There was some polite applause alongside a rowdier cheering and whistling from the amassed team. Lightning Lass stood up from the table she shared with Night Girl and Otaki to flamboyantly bow and blow kisses to her teammates, before laughing and sitting back down.

"Thank you Ayla. Other news... effective immediately, XS, The Spear of Artemis, Dkyun Mu our Green Lantern... And from the Justice Legion, Cosmic Kid are all cleared for active duty. Unfortunately, Shield has requested indefinite leave as she deals with family issues and Cosmic Boy, Colossal Boy, Wildfire and Chameleon Girl are no longer on our active mission board rota as they are taking over running the Academy Programme. In their place I would like us to vote for Atom Girl, Sister Eclipse, Comet King and Babbage to join us as full Legionnaires."

Duplicate Girl interrupted by adding that she would also leave three of her selves behind at the Academy while the rest of her joined in the Teams missions. Chameleon Girl gave a cheer of approval.

"Also, I believe we should offer an official Reserve Membership to the Dead Brain... His Khundian team will make incredible allies to call upon if we need to."

Several people commented that they believe the dwarven Khund was already a member, which brought a few laughs. The Khundian warlord smiled, his eyes twinkling with agreement.

"Finally, I wish to formally put to the vote my plan to give this planetoid, our first Legion World, over to the Academy as their permanent base while the rest of us decamp to the Battle World and move our operations out of Sol Space and into the galaxy beyond."

"So, let's vote on the new members first... All those who agree say Aye"

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #916334 11/16/16 04:42 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The vote was conclusive, the Dead Brain thanked the team for allowing him Reserve status while the four students that Element Lad had proposed were welcomed into the team meeting as the newest members of the Legion.

Comet Queen hugged her King though took to her seat quickly afterwards with him proudly at her side. Babbage stood at the back of the room while Sister Eclipse sat nearby and Atom Girl joined Retro and Thirteen. Element Lad waited for the teams latest members to settle in and take their congratulations before continuing. He gave a brief overview of the current situation before opening up the discussion to the floor.

Wildfire, always eager to make himself heard, was first to speak. The anti-energy being congratulated the team leader on his proactive stance and said if he werent already commited to the Academy he would have been the first to move his belongings from his current living quarters to the Tyrrazians war world that afternoon. Ferro, Timber Wolf and Lexikon all added to Wildfires comment, giving their support. The Spear of Artemis clapped in appreciation of them. It was the newly voted in Babbage who spoke next, asking the senior team if they had a strategy in place for where they wanted Legion World Two to visit and if with the addition of the Dead Brain they planned on entering the Khundian Empire.

As he spoke Lightning Lass whispered in Night Girls ear.

"Lydda, are you okay with Rokk staying here? Are you going to stay, or...?"

"I'm definitely okay with it, thanks Ayla, with Henry here we can warp to each other whenever we want. And really, who doesn't want to go out there? I'm surprised Rokk wanted to stay to be honest."

As the two women spoke Invisible Kid stood up.

"...mon ami, Danielle... She eez staying 'ere in Sol, oui?""

Brainiac 5 replied, "...Jacques, I discussed this with her earlier as I did not believe this meeting would be the right place for her... She has asked to join us on the Tyrrazians world. While your concerns are valid we will protect her and she has an incredible talent we should not..."

"Non! She eez not well... Mon dieu, you are 'er physician Querl, you must not allow this..."

"Danielle suffers from an over sensitivity to sensory stimulation. That does not mean she is therefore unable to contribute. She has made her mind up my friend and we must respect that."

In a rare show of emotion Jacques Foccart stared at the senior team for a long second, his anger very visible in his clenched jaw and fists before he stormed out of the room

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #916335 11/16/16 04:43 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Tinya followed Jacques to try to calm her friend down.

Jan let the commotion die down before opening the conversation up again. A holo sprung into life above the team showing 18 red points of light overlaying a star chart of the outer reaches of the United Planets territory.

"These are where the science police and star fleet have told us there have been incursions or massacres within the last six months. This is three a month that we have missed. If you agree with my plan today I suggest we use this new base to take is out their to investigate and wherever possible to assist. It appears one of them is an attempt at genocide of the local population by an outside aggressor. Surely as we have currently one of the largest meta empowered law enforcing teams ever to have existed..."

"*cough* Green Lantern Corps *cough*" said Kinetix to much laughter as she patted Dkyun Mu on the shoulder.

"Yes... Good point but they are spread thinly throughout the universe, I only wish to tackle the trouble makers within the Milky Way. So... According to what little intel we have the natives of this world, Kardavitia, were attacked by a military fleet a little under forty hours ago. It looks likely that the natives are not doing well against their aggressors. I suggest we make that our first priority. I'm assembling a team to take with me to leave immediately after this meeting, Sun Boy is planning on taking another team of our newer members out to the Rim which will leave Duplicate Girl here in charge. Does anyone object if we call a vote now on our proposed move so we can get on with our missions?" Element Lads bluntness left many speechless. Several had commented in private that he had appeared more determined of late but his candour that the vote would hold up a rescue mission was surprising.

"Element Lad, forgive me sir yet I would wish for further information regarding your vision of our teams long term plans before feeling able to fully assess the situation." Babbage said.

"Like metal head, we gotta go save those poor bleeps on planet Cardiovascular, y'know? So howsabout we ask megaboring starsnoozing questions later?" Comet King shouted from the other side of the room.

"Not all of us mindlessly follow orders." the Roboticans blunt reply.

"Stop! Enough you two... We'll call a halt to this discussion now as Comet King is right. We have people to save and Babbage you are also correct as we need to give this move our full consideration. Let's reconvene in a week, that'll give both Dirk and I enough time to do what we need to do and return. Right then... Mon El, Dawnstar, Green Lantern, Timber Wolf, Lightning Lass, Spear of Artemis, Kid Quantum, Karate Kid... You're with me. Northern Docking Bay in three minutes. Dirk, Lu, anything you want to add?"

"Yup, thanks... You don't mind me going first do you Lu?" Sun Boy asked rhetorically, "So... I'm planning on taking some of you kids out to visit the Rim Worlds. It's about time they knew we're on their side too as supposedly word isnt getting out. I'm thinking we can have a quick pitstop at Lallor first so you can meet our old buddies there then we'll go see the colonies. Joining in I'd like M'Windaji," Dirk gave a wide grin as he looked at the tracker, "ah... Retro... Lexikon... and, how about you Atom Girl... And as we need six to be quorate for a mission...."

"I'll join you too Dirk... it's about time I stocked up on some new shapes." Chameleon Boy said twitching his antenae, Sun Boy gave his Durlan teammate a knowing look before agreeing. He had noticed how Reeps eyes often followed the Tamarean princess around a room, something he'd not seen Reep do in a long time.

"If it's alright I wouldn't mind joining you too." Otaki said, her hand in the air like a school girl.

"Fantastic. Great to have you join us Bina, right so let's say we meet in twenty minutes at the Southern Docking Bay please."

"Alright now, as for the rest of you... We've got a planetoid to finish getting ready so you'll be working alongside me. Aren't we lucky?" Duplicate Girld said with a smile.

Harbinger #916351 11/16/16 05:40 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
How exciting! Good to see XS, Amynta and Dkyun Mu back. And welcome to Sister Eclipse, Atom Girl and Babbage. And yay Ayla!

Comet King has proved impressive with his powers, you write all the Legionnaires' powers well. I never thought of his attitude as Legionnaire material though, but I think he could add some refreshing conflict to the team - his exchange with Babbage for instance. Two thumbs up to Jan for how he defused that.

A bit surprised that Cosmic Kid agreed to stay behind so easily and so quickly, as XS said he has family back home. And he decided on the spot. Is he just prepared or will this be a plot point?

Pleasantly surprised to see the whole team will go to Lw2 instead of splitting up. But you are right, with warps they can teleport from place to place so easily.

I guessed correctly that wildfire would go to the Academy, yay!

Poor Jacques. I do think Danielle will be fine. But natural that he will be protective

As always, Harbi, even if you have no action scenes in a given installment, you have kept the intensity up! I am so excited

Harbinger #916353 11/16/16 07:46 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
IB, thank you for you quick, and positive response. As always, it's greatly appreciated.

Comet King, yup, he's a bit rough but still a soldier by training so hopefully he can follow orders when necessary. And it'll be fun playing with his and Grava's relationship, awww cute!

Yup, Wildfire will be mostly based with the Academy going forward, one more will join, in a couple more posts.

Cosmic Kid was supposed to read as a young man in love, though I will be dealing with his choice soon.

More soon, as we start our next arc where one team deal with a scary new enemy and another team get to meet some new and interesting, potentially dangerous and untrustworthy, new friends.

Harbinger #916433 11/16/16 11:10 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Just thought I'd drop this in here in case anyone has recently started reading my stories and wondered who was who. Below are the current members of the team:

Element Lad – Team Leader, Jan Arrah of Trom, elemental transmutation
Duplicate Girl - Deputy Leader, Luornu Durgo of Carggg, creation of multiple identical duplicates of herself
Sun Boy – Deputy Leader, Dirk Morgna of Earth, generation of intense light and heat
Brainiac 5 – Legion World manager, Professor Querl Dox of Colu, 12th level intelligence
Chameleon Boy – Espionage Squad leader, Reep Daggle of Durla, shape changer
Phantom Girl – Senior Team member, Tinya Wazzo of Bgtzl Dimension, intangibility
Mon El – Senior Team member, Lar Gand of Daxam, incredible strength, speed, stamina, senses, laser vision, space flight, invulnerability
Tyroc – Senior Team member, Troy Stewart of Marzal city pocket dimension, sonic control
Harmonia – Senior Team member, Professor Harmonia Li of Earth, manipulation of the natural environment
Lightning Lass, Ayla Ranzz of Winath, electrical generation and manipulation
Timber Wolf - Brin Londo of Zuun, enhanced strength, speed, agility, reflexes and senses
Dawnstar - of Starhaven, space flight, incredible speed, tracking
Invisible Kid - Jacques Foccart of Earth, invisibility
Tellus - Ganglios of Hykraius, telepathy and telekinesis
Night Girl - Lydda Jath of Kathoon, incredible strength and durability out of direct sunlight
Comet Queen - Grava of Extal colony, spaceflight, comet gas extrusion
Chemical Kid - Hadru Jamik of Phlon, catalyzes chemical reactions
Dragonwing - Marya Pai of Earth, breathes Dragon fire and acid
Glorith - of Xerox, manipulation of magical energies

Joined in Legion World One:

XS - Jenni Ognats of an alternate dimension Aarok, phenomenal speed
Monica Sade - of Rimbor, strength, reflexes, line of sight teleportation
Otaki - Bina Nawoti of Earth, mindsense
Backlash - Mrruaw M’Nau of Simballi, enhanced strength, speed, senses, absorbs kinetic energy to boost own size and mass
Kinetix - Zoe Saugin of Aleph, telekinetic animation
Lexikon - Princess Daheenisha of Tamara iv, enhanced speed, strength, durability, flight, omni-linguist
Ferro - Douglas Nolan of Earth, can assume invulnerable iron isotope form
M’Windaji - Gahaji of Kiringyaga, super tracker, carries the Ruby of Life allowing tactile transformative magicks
Titan - Nasir N’Cube of Titan, telepathy
Dragonmage - Xao Jin of Earth, manipulation of magical energies using dragon forms
Kid Quantum - Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu, creation of temporal quantum bubbles, flight
Andromeda - Kara Zor-El of Krypton, incredible strength, speed, stamina, senses, laser vision, space flight, invulnerability

Joined in Legion World Two:

The Spear of Artemis - Amynta of Nostos ii, incredible strength, speed, invulnerability, space flight, carries magical weapons.
Thunder - Cecelia Becks of 21st Century Earth, immense strength, speed, indestructibility, space flight, wisdom

Joined in Legion World Three:

Retro - Deen Toro of Ventura, limited reversal of personal timeline
Karate Kid – Mithindrivithis Ngandraffa of Lythyl, strength, heightened reflexes, mimetic motor learning giving incredible martial skills
Thirteen – Dann Hortra of Naltor, line of sight probability manipulation
Starkling – Unknown, telepathic swarm-being composed of indestructible ball bearing sized components

Joined in Legion World Four:

Babbage- I-45ENG/Nth Series, of the Robotica Confederated Worlds, strength and durability, internalised weapons, hyper awareness and analytical skills.
Sister Eclipse - of Rhoohanisett iii, durability, heightened senses, physical possession of any living being.
Atom Girl -Sylva Nrilsan of Imsk, can shrink herself to microscopic size.
Comet King - Drinchnar Lamment of Extal colony, spaceflight, comet gas extrusion

Seconded members currently based on Legion World:

Joined Legion World One:
Gazelle - J’izl Dtutuu from the Khundian Battle Brigade, of Khundia Prime, enhanced strength, speed, agility and metabolic control

Joined Legion World Two:
Green Lantern - Dkyun Mu of Xudar, wearer of a Green Lantern power ring
Gravity Kid - Science Police Officer Tel Vole of Earth, manipulation of personal or nearby gravity
Power Boy - Science Police Officer Jedidiah Rikane of Earth, personal density control

Support Staff:

Dr Richard Kent Shakespeare -Impulse – Chief medical officer - enhanced strength, speed, durability, stamina
I.Z.O.R. -Gear ii – infrastructure manager - nannite collective being, technomorph
Dr Noah Kabbo - Spy – Legion World Counsellor – Heightened awareness and limited telepathy
Danielle Foccart –Kid Computo – Technical support - technopathic communication and control over advanced technology
Drura Sehpt - Infectious Lass – medical officer - containment and control over bacteria and viruses
Henry – Anti Lad – Spatial warp controller
Hethuk Bran Drommsi - Smith from the Green Rift Forge of Talok viii, laboratory assistant
Ming Sul - Amp Girl - investigative officer, hyper-enhancement of her own sensory capacities
Loutrahim Mango - ‘Death Boy’ - Professor Li’s laboratory assistant, exemplary bio-chemist, sweat activated palm neuro-toxic secretions

Legionnaire on secondment to the Khund Battle Brigade:

Gates, Ti’Julk Mr’Asz of an alternate dimension Vyrga, creation of spatial warps

Academy Student currently within the Khundian Empire:

Inferno, Sandy Anderson of Earth, fire generation and manipulation

Academy staff based on Legion World One in Sol space

Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn of Braal, manipulation of magnetic fields
Triplicate Girl - Luornu Durgo of Carggg, able to split into three identical duplicates (part of Duplicate Girl)
Colossal Boy - Gim Allon of Earth, increase personal size and mass at will
Chameleon Girl - Yera Allon of Durla, shape changer
Wildfire - Drake Burroughs of Earth, composed of sapient anti-energy, extreme strength, speed, durability, space flight, anti-energy blasts

M’Rissey - super efficient business management skills

On long term leave:

Star Boy (Parental leave), Thomas Kallor of Xanthu, induce mass
Dream Girl (Parental leave), Nura Nal of Naltor, precognition
Matter-Eater Lad, Senator Tenzil Kem of Bismoll, mega-omnivorous consumption
Shadow Lass, Tasmia Mallor of Talok viii, summons and manipulates the Darkfield, access to ancestral knowledge
Polar Boy, Brek Banin of Tharr, cold control
Shield - Laurel Kent of Earth, physical invulnerability, tactile psychometry

Weber’s World affiliated team:

Quislet
Gear i
Oodoo Shanair of Lallor
Sentinel of the Khund Battle Brigade
Princess Shooradel of Tamaran iv
Proty iii

Harbinger #916567 11/18/16 11:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Like IB, I got a kick out of the Comet King-Babbage exchange, such opposites! And the way he called the planet "Cardiovascular" fit his personality so well.

The Spice Girls' third reunion? Hah! How many more? And one of them a White Martian - that explains a lot....

Po is so affable and laid back, what an excellent counterpoint to Jenni's speed. I hope it all works out for them, but wonder if he may have moments of regret.

Also wondering if there will be consequences to Jacques' anger. Will he convince Danielle to change her mind? Bear a resentment and blame Brainiac 5?

It's good to see Jan so determined to take action to prevent extermination of other races. While I liked the 5YL approach to make him a contemplative, a man-of-action Element Lad is just as likely and who better to fill that role?

Reading these installments, the female friendships really stand out. There just weren't many in the comic - Tasmia and Tinya, reboot Zoe and Vi.

The reunion was short but sweet. Six hours isn't very long, but they made the most of it.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Re: Legion Worlds Four (updated 20 November)
Harbinger #916619 11/20/16 05:25 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Good will mission to visit the Rim Systems

Sun Boy – Deputy Leader, Dirk Morgna of Earth, generation of intense light and heat
Lexikon - Princess Daheenisha of Tamara iv, enhanced speed, strength, durability, flight, omni-linguist
M’Windaji - Gahaji of Kiringyaga, super tracker, carries the Ruby of Life allowing tactile transformative magicks
Retro - Deen Toro of Ventura, limited reversal of personal timeline.
Atom Girl - Sylva Nrilsan of Imsk, can shrink herself to microscopic size

guest : Cassanda of Kiringyaga.

"So why do you want us to go to Lallor first Sun Boy? It's got it's own team of heroes hasn't it?" Atom Girl asked the mission leader.

"And, that's why... you need to meet the good guys too Sylva, and the Heroes of Lallor are... Well, a little weird, but, y'know they have helped out in the past, so as it's kinda en route I thought it would be good to introduce them to you all."

Otaki and Retro exchanged a glance. Sun Boy was a poor liar and the three junior legionnaires had spoken about this side trip to Lallor before boarding the cruiser. The feeling that they held was that Sun Boy probably had an exotic booty call waiting for him, or, if that didnt happen then there was trouble brewing and the Senior Team wanted to send a message to whomever it was that was worrying them. Either way they agreed they were glad Gazelle wasn't with them or the rumours would be flying by now.

Lexikon and Chameleon Boy were sat on the Command deck ignoring their peers conversation as they swiped through navigation charts to plot their course. After they had left Legion World Sun Boy had casually mentioned that they could fit in a world a day and had six days so, other than Lallor and Kiringyaga he was quite happy for Reep and Princess Daheenisha to choose wherever they wanted. Reep had laughed at the twist, it wasn't what he expected from Dirk. Still, as the Durlan had started to look through charts he realised that it wasn't necessarily as simple as it looked; the inhabited Rim Worlds were widely spread along the edges of the United Planets and it was only because of the enhancements Brainy had made to their cruiser that they had the chance to have this sort of tour.

So far they had agreed on the rugged frozen world of Nordhelm, which they could squeeze in between Lallor and Kiringyaga, followed by the Frinsdale Cluster and the supposedly haunted planet of Goorgrux. Lexikon had suggested they ask their teammates if they particularly wanted to visit anywhere while the team where out at the Rim Worlds. Chameleon Boy appeared to consider it for a second or two before saying, "...Nah!" and laughing, which the Tamarean Princeess joined in with. With that they looked at their star maps again and decided that they would end their trip with a quick stop off on Zuun. With a large smile Reep plotted the course into their Nav-com and sat back in his chair with his hands behind his head; the picture of contentment.

Harbinger #916620 11/20/16 05:27 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Investigation of invasion of Kardavitia

Mon El – Senior Team member, Lar Gand of Daxam, incredible strength, speed, stamina, senses, laser vision, space flight, invulnerability
Timber Wolf - Brin Londo of Zuun, enhanced strength, speed, agility, reflexes and senses
Kid Quantum - Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu, creation of temporal quantum bubbles, flight
The Spear of Artemis - Amynta of Nostos ii, incredible strength, speed, invulnerability, space flight, carries magical weapons.
Karate Kid – Mithindrivithis Ngandraffa of Lythyl, strength, heightened reflexes, mimetic motor learning giving incredible martial skills

Mon El, Dawnstar and the Green Lantern flew ahead of the Legion's cruiser.

Element Lad and Kid Quantum took control of the cruiser, with Karate Kid watching their every move as the lithe young woman from Lythyl tried to get to grips with the technology on offer before her. The young martial artists eyes automatically followed the motions of her colleagues, so she would have been able to tap exactly the same sequence on the hard light control panels, though she simply didn't understand what that would achieve - her mind was built to observe and immediate copy physical action... Though the technology that the Legion used appeared to be more than simple pushing of buttons, that much she may have understood, there were subtle nuances and counter actions that gave life to the powerful cruisers, and she had found, it was the same with most SolTech - the overly complicated compu-chef in her apartment was perhaps the most infuriating mechanical device she could possibly imagine. What made it worse for her was the majority of her colleagues appeared not to appreciate the art of cooking a meal from scratch. If it weren't for Harmonia's freshly grown vegetables and fruit Karate Kid believed she may have starved while she was on Legion World.

Timber Wolf had made his way to the small galley kitchen on the level below to grab a quick drink of caffe. He heard the footsteps coming down the hall and knew who it was so turned to face the drink dispenser, just in case she didn't want to talk.

"Hey, do you mind if I join you?" Lightning Lass said chirpily, "How you keepin'? I'm sorry to hear you and Laurel didn't work out Brin, she seems quite feisty but big hearted. I thought you two would be a good match..." Ayla Ranzz had never been known for her tact, even when it was obvious she was asking about personal matters. As a true farm girl from a small rural population she had always called it as she saw it, and that was something Brin had always admired. That and the way she always made sure everyone around her was okay before thinking of her own needs.

"Yeah, thanks Ayla. To tell the truth I never really believed it was gonna last, not really, I always knew she'd need someone more dynamic than me so it's probably for the best... " He glanced at Ayla but didn't turn around fully to engage in the conversation.

"You sure? You are pretty dynamic if you want to be. Perhaps you're not giving yourself enough credit there Brin..." Ayla gave Brin a tender smile before continuing, "Maybe after this mission you might want to talk to her, see if she still feels the same... And... If you need anyone to talk to you, regardless what you decide to do, you know where I am. You don't need to go through this alone."

"... Yeah.. Maybe later, thanks Ayla." the Zuunian athlete squeezed past the Winathian and made his way back up to the control deck. He did genuinely appreciate Ayla's concern but wasn't ready to speak about how he felt just yet.

Brin was not away to admit that he had thought that Laurel Kent would be his partner for the long term. He had never guessed that his former girlfriend had such serious doubts and when he had offered to join her to find her father, offered to leave the team to be with her, her flat refusal had made it all the more obvious how little she must have thought of their relationship. Brin hoped that whatever they were about to face on this mission he would get the chance to smash things, a lot.

The Spear of Artemis concentrated on the readouts before her. The planet Kardavitia was rumoured to have been settled by Coluan Sepratists almost eighteen centuries ago, after a brutal civil war had erupted on Colu's populous northern continent. Their settlement had only lasted thirty years before an unknown virus had wiped them out. It was speculated that the virus had been created by Coluan ruling science council to punish the rebels for leaving. After that he planet had not been settle for almost fifteen centuries until a religious order had crashed a Seed Arc on the larger of the northern continents and called it New Hope. The human stock had struggled initially, the planets harsh environment resisted their initial terraforming and it was expected they would fail until they discovered the Coluan technology in the ruins of a desolated city buried in a mountainside on a small island. The discovered technology that had initially saved their settlement gave them access to almost unlimited clean energy and they used it to great effect; building three large self sufficient cities, housing and infrastructure to support the growing populations, farming machinery that never broke down, dams and canals to bring fresh water from the rugged mountains, transport links... In the space of fifty years the settlers went from starving refugees to abundantly sufficient and the envy of their galactic neighbours. They created a satellite monitoring system that gave them advanced warning of any other adventurers that may find their system and they set about taming their new world while protecting it from others.

Three centuries later and the world is seen as a moderate success story with a stable, well educated and law abiding population, good if sporadic trade contacts with neighbouring star systems, and steady economic growth. The religious order that had initially called this distant planet home had, over the centuries, become slightly more integrated into the greater galactic culture, losing much of the restrictions they initially preached so strongly about, though still maintaining strict immigration policies that limited their population from expanding beyond what they preached as 'natural means'.

One other thing that stood out to Amynta as she read the planetary profile was they have never shared the found technology that gave their people the advantages they have enjoyed.

As the cruiser entered the Kardavitian system the sensors sprung into life and displayed a holographic representation of what the Legionnaires could expect before them.

"There appears to be one mother ship that is directing the attack tracing its position on the largest moons apogee... look at the size of it!" Jan Arrah pointed at the huge red blot on the holo.

<Lar, can you see it? The sensors are telling us the mother ship is gigantic> Jan's telepathic query wasn't answered for a couple of seconds.

<I don't recognise the technology Jan... Dawny, Dkyun and I can go persuade them to stop their assault, if you want to help out planet side?>

<That sounds like a plan Lar, take care>

<I hear you, thanks Jan, we'll be there on one minute. I'll let you know if we have any problems>

"Right everyone," Element Lad begun, calling the team on the cruiser together, "There are three major cities down there that are being battered into submission. Solistara is the capital, so I'm thinking we'll start there, give the support we can. Amynta, you're with me, Ayla you have Karate Kid, and Brin take Jazmin, don't get separated from your partners, okay? Right, let's go sort this out Legionnaires."

Harbinger #916621 11/20/16 05:28 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
He had seen his son almost three months ago.

The Legion try outs always made the news channels and, like a man poking his tongue at a sore tooth, he watched it as it unfolded, well aware of the pain it would bring. He hated the legion, they had destroyed him. Before those disgusting, garish, moral bullies had entered his life he had been highly respected and, if not loved, then feared in his field. Fear was a much better motivator that love he had found, so it was always something that he took great pride in, that he was so feared. But after those freaks had destroyed his reputation no one feared him, they all pointed and laughed.

He had spent several years on Takron-Galtos, undergoing psychiatric rehabilitation and social therapy. He had spent years enduring their fake, unproductive, pretty morals being forced onto him, years!

When he had finally been released he returned to Metropolis and again those flying arrogant interfering dogooder bastards had intruded into his life. Another trip to the prison planet. This time the treatment was more forceful, telepathic surgery was never pain free.

And here he was, back in a laboratory working on his passion... His life's work would not be ruined again. He made sure that this time there would be no witnesses... Not until it was after the point they could possibly make a difference. It had taken him almost eight years solid, solitary work to get here and nothing... No one would stop him.

And then he saw his son.

His son was on the news applying for membership of the blasted Legion of Super Dogooders!

Loutrahim... Little Loutrahim had almost distracted him from his work... Years ago, before the Legion, he had been known as Professor Mango on Venus, using the gullible drunken whore he married as a disguise to gain acceptance amongst the stodgy academic ivory tower huddled idiots that used the planetary universities as their personal pissing pots. Well he could do that too... Shy little Professor Mango with his silly pretty wife, such an easy disguise do they never really looked too deeply into what his work was really leading towards. Of course he never cared about her and it was a simple matter to get her addicted to a soothing chemical that made her pliable enough to not bother him while he worked. He had used her as and when he desired, though never expected a child... And when she had fallen pregnant in his hubris he decided that a successor to take over his work may not be a bad thing. Loutrahim had been born and smelt of new life, smelt of a pause in his plans... He grew to hate the laboratory as it meant missing time with his son... And he grew to hate his son as his cooing distraction meant missing time in the laboratory. It was during this point in his life when, in part due to the fresh smelling distraction at home, that his laboratory was raided and his work was shut down. He managed to escape just before being arrested and he fled.

That was fifteen years ago and then almost three months ago he saw his son again. Little Loutrahim... And he was trying out for the Legion! There and then he knew he would have to let the fruit of his loins know the error of his ways.

Death Boy had been enjoying breakfast when an artificial telepathic shout had quite literally floored him.

He had been found struggling to his feet by Comet Queen. She had called the medi bay and guided him down through the levels until Dr Shakespeare met her and casual picked the struggling lab assistant up, despite his protests, and carried him the rest of the way to the central medi bay. Meanwhile both Tellus and Titan experienced a piercing pain as the artificial telepathic energy ripped its way across their senses.

Whoever had just tried to attack Loutrahim had alerted the teams telepaths and, after he had made sure the young biochemist was okay, Dr Shakespeare went looking for one of the senior team as this was definitely in need of investigation.

Harbinger #916622 11/20/16 05:42 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Nancy, thank you for your feedback - I love reading your thoughts on my stories.

The question about the Spice Girl white Martian is which one? I reckon Victoria Beckham as she's easily the most alien looking, though that Geri was weird too... Hah, it could be any of them really, and maybe all of them.

Jacques' unhappiness will be dealt with soon, he's definitely not a happy bunny.

And Jan is getting a bit tense isn't he?

Glad you picked up on the focus on female friendships as I could only think of Tinya and Shady (never really read the reboot) and I always thought they hung out more because their boyfriends were buddies than because they ctually had anything in common, so I have been trying to show a wider range of friendships within the group. Thinking about it, the team all work and live together on a small asteroid so there must be some serious cliques developing.

Oh and if you've guessed who Death Boy's pa is please don't spoil it as hopefully my clues above aren't too blatant and maybe it'll be a surprise for someone.

Thanks again FC, more coming soon.

Last edited by Harbinger; 11/20/16 06:30 AM.

Harbinger #916632 11/20/16 09:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I missed commenting about the Spice Girl bit, but wanted to let you know that t made me laugh too!

Re: Legion Worlds Four (updated 25 November)
Harbinger #916939 11/25/16 11:21 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

Mon El led the way.

The huge ship hung in space before them, the size of Metrpolis. It looked smooth and almost organic with rounded lines and gentle curves, flat on two sides while bowed and ribbed on those opposite. The front end, facing the planet below had a gaping maw, the edges lined with sensor antennae making it look like a space age nightmare version of a catfish's mouth. They could see swarms of small crafts buzzing around this entrance and beams of flashing energy discharging between it and the world below.

<Dawny, can you sense anything other than what's immediately visible?>

<No, there is a force field of some description over that entrance but other than that... It's as it appears.>

<Good, Dawny, I want you to disrupt that small fleet, get them away from us so Dkyun and I can go in there and speak to whoevers responsible, is that okay?>

<Of course, I don't sense that they are particularly versatile so this will be a treat> and with that the winged legionnaire sped up and flew into the mass of small crafts, knocking them aside as she went with surgical precision to send them crashing into their neighbours. Within second she had flown through the swarm, turned and began the process again. By the time she was through the mass of crafts a second time she had their attention and several dozen had turned towards her and started to advance. She led them away from the mothership, keeping up her attack with deft moves that kept them off balance.

<Right, Come on then Dkyun, let's sort this out.>

<My pleasure Lar Gand, I'm curious to meet the creators of such a craft>

Element Lad had charged their cruiser down through a stream of flashing beams of energy, deflecting them off into space as they bounced of the silvered shell. As the legions spaceship tore into the planetary atmosphere there were dozens of the invaders small crafts below. Karate Kid asked Kid Quantum if she could use their sensors to see if there were pilots inside or if they were automated.

"Automated! Good spy! Hey Jan, do you want to take us through them as there's no one to hurt inside 'em?" Jazmin Cullen turned to the team leader as she asked.

"Yup, good idea.... And Phoebe... Sorry, Amynta, can you get out there too and run defence while we're landing please." Element Lad tapped on the hard light screen before him, " Let's hope Brainy's adaption to the ships force field holds up."

The screens before them showed the small dark crafts smashing apart as the cruiser tore through them. The Spear of Artemis dove through the outlying crafts crashing through them as she flew. Before them a city of huge gilded spires and arches came into view below. Smoke streamed up from multiple sites, smashed buildings and rubble littered the wide avenues between then spires.

"Right, I've set the autopilot to run interference... Let's go stop this."

Lightning Lass stood next to the newest Karate Kid, focussing on the wall before her as she marshalled her energy. The airlock was three steps away and once Element Lad signalled she'd jump out to deal with the attacking force outside. As she waited Ayla's thoughts were on how this was her first mission since Shrinking Violet had been murdered and the young woman from Winath hoped her deceased partner was watching her, she would make Salu proud.

Brin London looked across at Ayla and could see her concentration. He knew that he wasn't the only one on this mission with something to prove. Kid Quantum joined him and asked if he was ready. Brin gave her a tight grin, with little humour in it, before grunting and leaping through the opening airlock.

"Try to keep up kid!" Brin shouted as he went.

Harbinger #916940 11/25/16 11:22 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Jenni and Po had been for a meal with Jed and Tel at a small sea food restaurant in the Maine region of Metropolis that overlooked the slate gray sea.

Tel and Jed had visited The Sea's Bounty once while they were at the Academy at Montauk Point and always said they would return as the food had been exquisite. When Jenni suggested they both take the night off and get to know her new fiancé they both agreed it would be the perfect place to take them.

The Legionnaires didnt bother with holo disguises generated by their belt distorters. Instead they all dressed casually and asked for a table in one of the private snugs that overlooked the wooden balcony. Outside the sea raged and the sky darkened as a storm blew in.As the meal progressed Tel found Po's laid back attitude to be slightly irritating. The young man from an alternate dimension had yet to make a decision, allowing Jenni to pick what they ate and drank, where they sat and what their personal lighting and musical ambience would be, all the while telling his two new comrades what great taste Jenni had witha huge smile on his face. Jed and Jenni had chatted about the adventures they had experienced while in that other realm, sharing stories about what the team had been through in the last few months. Po had sat back and smiled as he ate two starters, two main courses and three desserts. Tel had been increasingly aware that he was getting more and more narky with the young man sat opposite. He was so noncommittal, so easy going... So damn annoying.

"See you soon guys, I need to get outside for some fresh air..." without a backwards glance Tel Vole stood up and strode out of the room. He heard his husband call out after him but he didn't turn. As he strode outside he was caught by surprise as a gust of wind almost blew him off his feet. There were only a couple of light globes tethered along the wooden balcony and all the tables were empty. It hadn't been a particularly busy night and the oncoming rain had meant many of the diners had left already.

With a grin Tel let gravity's shackles fall off of his lithe frame and floated gently up into the turbulent air above as the wind screamed and the rain started to fall. Tel floated upwards. The gravity inversion he had cocooned around his frame meant the majority of the rain missed him. He had always loved his own company and right now he couldn't think of anyone better to spend some time with than himself. He knew that he would need to apologise to Jed later, but that would be then. For now he simply listened to the wind and sea and enjoyed the moment.

Inside Jed Rikane could feel his blush rise across his cheeks. Jenni had initially looked shocked at Tel's sudden departure though both she and Po had started to make excuses for his abrupt behaviour when they could see Jed's discomfort. He knew better, his husband had always been quite moody but his behaviour tonight was embarrassing. Jed fought the urge to storm out after his Tel, it would only add to the embarrassmen. Jenni took charge of the conversation, trying to keep her muscle bound friends attention while giving an exaggerated story about the battles the Justice Legion had with the Laser Barons and the Squids of Infinity while she had been in that other deimension though Jed's attention was obviously only half with her.

Outside Tel flew against the wind, towards the black bank of clouds and quickly he had realised that the wind was becoming ferocious. His anger at Cosmic Kid was fading as the enjoyment of the physical sensations took over. He laughed as he dove and danced on the air, finally allowing the wind to twist and turn him and roll him around, and after a few seconds of that he would focus his flight and dive back into the oncoming winds before stopping and allowing it power over him again. It became a game that he played against the elements. A crash of light quickly followed by a roaring boom of thunder, much louder than any he had ever heard brought him to his senses. He had flown well away from the coast; the lights of the restaurant were no longer visible and the sky rumbled ominously with further the potential for violent displays.

With a sigh he realised that his 'Tel time' was over and he should return to Jed and apologise. His husband would be worrying, he could feel it. As he dove down towards the sea a flash of light, no brighter than a simple torch beam caught his eye. In the distance it looked as if there was someone waving the light as the Sea swelled and dipped beneath them.

Without a second thought Gravity Kid went to investigate.

Harbinger #916941 11/25/16 11:24 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Dr Noah Kabbo had been visiting his parents on Earth when the call came through that there had been a psychic attack on Legion World 1.

Kent's holo had popped up in front of the young psychiatrist and asked that he expect a warp from Henry in two minutes as he was urgently needed back at the base. Noah agreed and as the holo dissipated he turned to his parents, two sisters, brother in law and nephew and apologised; their meal would have to wait. Even as he hugged his mother to say goodbye the honey and violet warp appeared at the far side of the dining room.

Henry appeared, floating above the floor. "Our apologies for the interruption," he said, speaking towards the young doctors parents, "but we urgently need your son. I'll return him to you as soon as is viable."

"Oh well... Be a hero." Noah's younger sister said with a quick grin.

"Yeah, someone probably had a bad hair day and needs your advice..." his ten year old nephew said with a clever grin.

"Take care honey," his mother said as he waved and walked through the hole in space.

"I'll be back soon, leave some dessert for me."

The warp closed behind him and he found himself in the medi bay.

Kent Shakespeare, Harmonia Li and Comet Queen were stood with their back to him, looking through a clear screen at Loutrahim Mango sat on the edge of a bed. He could immediately sense the tension in the room so quickly walked over to the screen and allowed his psychic senses to stretch out before him and touch the mind of the laboratory assistant.

"He's very upset... No real pain but confusion, anger and... He's upset. His mind has a single thought going through it about how dishonest we are, does that make sense to any of you?"

"Like starshine, he was really gabbing' on when I found him, all splatted and matted on the floor. Was saying his futures on Venus and its where he's gotta go... I thought he hated his life on Venus, poor l'il starbug." Grava said to no one in particular.

"This may prove problematic. Loutrahim's past is not something I'd wish him to revisit."

There was a whooshing noise behind them as Comet King flew into the medi bay.

"Gravalitious, you okay my stellar queen?"

Comet Queen giggled as she turned to her Comet King and smiled, "Yeah, it's poor Loutrahim, he's been brain spiked."

The young man looked relieved, "I was looking for you and, like, my flight ring said you were here so I zoomed and zapped as quick as I could." they hugged and spun on the spot.

"Harmonia, do you know why anyone would target him?" Kent asked, ignoring the Comet's entirely.

"Unfortunately I think I do, and we may need to let Loutrahim go to Venus. I'd rather he didn't as I worry it won't lead to a positive outcome, though don't believe there is anything we could do to stop him if he insists on going."

"Sounds ominous, care to enlighten us?" Kent asked.

"I fear that Loutrahim's father is looking for him. He caused a bit of bother for the team in the past, long before any of us had joined."

"Like, Harmonious one, we gotta go with and make sure he's okay, the boy's one of our starcrew now." Comet King said as he disengaged from hugging Grava.

"Oh, undoubtably... We'll put together a team, as, if I'm correct, we'll need to support him. Will you join us please Dr Kabbo? Loutrahim will need your assistance to keep him... steady. I have never met his father though I believe Mantis Morlo can be particularly tricky."

Harbinger #916953 11/25/16 03:11 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Supernova, to borrow a phrase from the comets! Star shine, this is amazing!

Mantis Morlo! I had never guessed, all along I was thinking Cosmic King.

Dr. Noah on the field will be a treat!

Loved your characterization of Ayla, she might not be tactful but she has a heart of gold. So very nice to see her reach out to Brin

And poor Brin. Now he was ready to give up the team for Laurel, an inversion from him and Ayla, and she don't want it...

It looks like Dirk has gotten the whole story from Gahaji and Cassandra, and his bad lying is concealing that - a promise he made, I suppose. Very nice!

As always, more more more!

Harbinger #916969 11/25/16 10:05 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Forgot to add, defining the limits of Karate Kid's power was a wise move. Laughed at her having trouble with the auto chef!

Harbinger #917014 11/26/16 12:47 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thanks again IB, your kind comments are greatly appreciated - as was the PM.

I like the new Karate Kid so will probably do a bit of character work with her that will highlight how different she is to the original. Well, just in case DC decide to buy this story off me I don't want Giffen coming along afterwards and killing her off, do I?

Yup, Mantis Morlo is poor Loutrahim's dad, I guess a love of biochemistry must run in the blood. More very soon.

Ayla always struck me as a bit of a country lass at heart, honest as the day is long and not quite sophisticated enough to be subtle, at least not with her nearest and dearest anyway. And poor Brin, I didn't really think about Laurel's treatment of him as an inversion of what happened after the Great Darkness when I wrote in, so thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks again, more soon as Sun Boy plays statesman, Tel learns about limits and Mon El gets a nasty surprise.

Last edited by Harbinger; 11/26/16 12:47 PM. Reason: Ipad auto spell correct fail, epic fail!

Harbinger #917049 11/26/16 11:25 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
My pleasure Harbi, I love your story and so I happily comment every time.

I forgot to add, Jan does seem to be stressed like you mentioned. I wonder which Legionnaire will pick up on it...

And seeing Tel and Jed have such different personalities - with potential for bickering - is so funny. Reminds me of me and Blaze, and my other friends who are couples

Po's easygoing nature fits with his decision to switch realities to be with Jenni. I look forward to see where you're taking them

Re: Legion Worlds Four (updated 30 November)
Harbinger #917312 11/30/16 08:21 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The small ship was obviously struggling.

As he swooped down Tel could see there were four children huddled around an unconscious adult. The small boat was waterlogged and struggling to remain on top of the crashing waves. While Tel couldn't hear their screams and shouts but he could see they were doing everything they desperately could to attract attention to their plight. He flew down and using the loudhailer function of his flight ring he told them to huddle together to get ready to be airlifted to safety, it was apparent that they had heard him but hadn't seen him against the stormy sky. With the most self assured smile he could manage Gravity Kid landed lightly on the deck and held his arms out as he extended his gravity inversion, steadying the boat underneath him. The force of the sea bludgeoning the craft alongside the wind and rain driving against them was more than he expected and he ground his teeth together in concentration. The boat shuddered, fighting against the elements as his gravity bubble took effect. Two of the children, wearing oversized oilskin wind cheaters that flapped around them, hugged him in desperate gratitude while the other two, the bigger of the two, tried to drag the unconscious adult towards the legionnaire.

<Jed, I need help, can you come quickly please> tel hoped his husband wouldn't be sulking over his earlier rude behaviour.

<Tel, whats goin' on? ...are you okay darling?>

<Will be once you get here, there's a half capsized boat with four young kids and a sick adult... Hurry, I can't keep it together too much longer... Thank you>

A mighty flash of light struck the water before them as a lightning bolt of biblical proportions tore through the sky at the angry sea. The thunder that followed was deafening.

<Hey Tel, I'm gonna whiz around, create a bubble of calm for you...> Jenni Ognats was already beside him having raced across the waters following the flight ring locator beacon. The speedster ran in a tight circle behind the boat throwing up an cyclonic wind that pushed the raging sea back. Yet, as the water the boat sat on started to settle slightly, another huge crack of lighting followed by a gigantic boom of thunder threw them off balance. Tel struggled to hold the boat together as the children squeezed him in terror.

<Tel... What do you need me to do?> Jeds telepathic message couldn't hide his concern. The purple skinned man flew through the storm as fast as his flight ring could carry him.

<Could you get underneath. Push us up, the storm's dragging us under, I can hold us steady but that's 'bout all...>

<... Okay, on it>

Tels eyes were closed and he pushed the gravimetric forces around them to lift the boat further against the restless sucking of the stormy ocean, desperate to claim the boat and all on it as it's prize. Another lightning bolt, this time only metres from the small boat sent strobes of pure light and heat across them once again momentarily throwing Gravity Kid off balance.

<Here, let me stop that> Cosmic Kids drawl voice said to no one in particular.

Gravity Kid opened his eyes and looked up. There above them the young man from another reality floated with his arms spread wide. The air crackled and as lightning once more flashed it seemed to bend, stretching out though the air to point the way towards land. Underneath the boat Jed Rikane's strength together with Tel Vole's manipulation of gravity above lifted the boat free of the sea. As they floated across the air onwards the distant shore lightning flashed and formed straight lines of energy that pointed their way to the safety of the land before dissipating above them.

Jenni stopped running in circles behind them and vanished in a blur, telling her teammates she was going for assistance as she disappeared from view. Po landed on the boat beside Tel and crouched over the unconscious adult. The two children backed away, their faces showing their awe at the sight of the flying young man.

<Make sure you get a doctor Jen, this guys got a nasty gash on his head>

Tel smiled gratefully at his colleague but didn't speak, the effort of holding the small craft together was taking its toll on his reserves.

It took a couple more minutes, by which time Jenni had returned to let her teammates know that there would be medical help waiting for them, before the legionnaires made land and dropped the boat onto an empty airship parking bay. Jed dematerialised through the boat as it fell while Tel levitated the kids and adult to safety.

Four air vehicles appeared, swaying against the rising winds. In three were local support services and the other had two women in it. The unconscious man, the father of two of the children and uncle of the other two, had taken them out earlier in the afternoon on an impromptu fishing trip in his new boat. His wife was furious at her husbands foolishness while his sister swore repeatedly for putting her children at risk. As the doctor examined him one of the kids, a girl of about seven, came back to the legionnaires; she had large dark eyes and a serious expression.

"I never believ'd 'n angels b'fore... My papa will be okay now and I promise I'll say my prayers like a good girl from now on. Thank you f'r savin' us. we're all owe you our lives now."

"Sweetheart, we're not angels we're just people like you helping others, so if you help those around you when you can from now on we'll call it quits, okay?" Cosmic Kid was down on one knee as he spoke with her, smiling broadly as he did. She noodled solemnly before diving in to give him a hug which made Po's smile even bigger.

After the family had left Tel turned around to his teammates to apologise but before he could say more than three words Jenni interrupted him.

"So why didn't you tell us you were going to save that boat? You're really reckless Tel, you should have just said." she looked annoyed, with her hands on her hips and neck straining as she stared up into the gravity manipulators face.

"I'm sorry..." he started to reply, but before she could say anything else Jed interrupted.

"Don't be, I left the bill for you to pay."

Tel smiled ruefully, he knew that Jed was well aware he hadn't left intending to save the family, but had given him an out to save him from embarrassment.

"Of course, I was going to offer to pay anyway," he shot Jed a quick aplogetic smile, "...anyway, it's time for a night cap.. also on me, as a thank you for saving my stupid overconfident backside out there tonight."

Harbinger #917313 11/30/16 08:22 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

Lightning Lass and Karate Kid had quickly worked out a plan of action between them. Ayla would blast any craft that came near them while Mithindrivithis searched for survivors amongst the rubble. So far they had found and helped about thirty people, ushering them to the east side of the city where there appeared to be little or no activity from the invaders. Karate Kid had scanned the invaders crafts with her flight ring and found the vessels to be surprisingly easy to break, they were effectively drones with sophisticated scanning equipment.. Ayla didn't understand how there could be so much dvestation if the invaders were so fragile. The swarm that the huge mother ship was currently sending down were looking for something. She also wondered where the original attack force were... And if they would be back.

Her flickering bolts of electrify exploded another craft. The small black crafts were retreating, which meant that she and her colleagues were obviously having their desired effect of repulsing the invaders, but Ayla wondered what they would send down next.

Kid Quantum did her absolute level best to keep up with Timber Wolf but the super-acrobat would often vanish for long stretches while he tumbled and turned and spun and crashed and smashed and kicked and broke the dozens of flying crafts that were terrorising the city. She had to admit Brin could be a little unassuming and she had wondered why her friend Laurel had dated him though seeing him in action was something else entirely: The man was amazing!

Using her flight ring to locate life she found a group of about fifteen terrified local people huddled between debris in the shadow of a smashed tower block. They screamed as she floated down to join them.

"Don't be afraid, my name is Jazmin Cullen and I'm here to get you to safety..." as she spoke they heard a rumble behind her and one of the invaders black crafts zoomed into view. Stretching out a hand she focussed a quantum bubble around it, freezing it in place.

"I can't do this forever so, please... Help anyone who's injured and... Let's get out of here."

She didn't have to tell them twice. As the group scrambled to get free Timber Wolf flew ino view.

<Good job Jaz, now when I say 'go' I want you to drop the bubble and let me smash the bugger... Okay?>

<Sure, say when.>

<They all clear? You clear? Okay... 3... 2... 1... Now!>

As she let the stasis field fold Kid Quanum dove behind a slab of concrete. The invaders craft exploded as Timber Wolf kicked his way through it.

<Good job Jaz....> he transmitted before turning and flying up towards the top of the fallen building.

<Hey... Brin, where you going? Jan said we're to stick together.>

<I work best alone....>

<I don't, so how about some support here? Eh?> Jazmin's tetchy reply.

Several seconds later an angry looking Timber Wolf swooped down to join her guiding the stragglers to safety.

Element Lad floated above the city. The Spear of Artemis was a destructive whirlwind around him, smashing the invaders crafts like toys in a tremendous burst of strength and speed; her enchanted spear pierced and disabled almost as many as her fists. Jan took the opportunity to assess the situation. The invaders were targeting the northern edges far more than any other area, not that the other sections of this once attractive city weren't being attacked as well, but the biggest concentration of destruction was to the north. Brin and Jazmin were at one edge of that area while Ayla and the newest Karate Kid were at the other side, both couples making their way in towards the area of greatest destruction. Jan knew that whatever the invaders were after would be found there, so without a word he flew down towards the section that had the most damage, Amynta followed quickly behind.

"Amynta, we need to find out why they are focussing on this specific area, let's go investigate."

"When I reviewed this planets history there were stories of how they used found ancient Coluan technology... Do you think that might be what they are searching for?"

"Coluan? Interesting... I think that's the best bet we have so..." he flicked his hand out and a craft that was swooping in towards them dissolved into a nitrogen cloud, "let's start with that and see what we can find."

As Mon El and Green Lantern entered the threshold of the maw into the giant space craft they were immediately scanned.

Flickering energy danced across them and beams and slices of light passed over their bodies. None of which were attempts to attack, there was no real force behind the energy, but both were aware that the invaders were now very conscious that the Legionnaires were inside the enormous spaceship.

<Dkyun, can you locate the central command deck? I can't see through the walls in here>

Even as the Green Lantern's ring sent out beams of emerald energy towards the distant walls a large ball that appeared to be covered in thumbnail sized tiles flew through the air towards them. As it approached it stopped and slowly revolved in situ, not twenty feet from them.

<Leave us to our own> the telepathic voice was small and childlike, not at all what the Legionnaires had expected.

<Not until you stop your attack on the planet below. We request you move this craft to the systems Oort cloud where we can discuss this issue further>

<Our lost has been found on the world below. We will not leave>

<Please, we have no desire to fight with you... let us continue our conversation elsewhere so no more innocents are hurt>

<No innocents, our lost are to be returned> This time the telepathic voice from the bizarre ball sounded sharper and both Legionnaires knew they would not be able to negotiate any further. Both tensed but before they could move a strange mist, part light and part fog, surrounded them and they were unable to move. As they floated in stasis the outside of the lit vapor field around them changed and as the mist evaporated they found themselves back in Sol space, a light second or so from their base hanging over Saturn.

<You okay their Dkyun? I don't think we're at Kardavatia any more...> Mon El stated blandly.

<Lar, that was not a pleasant experience...> the Xudarian shook her head to clear it.

<Henry!> Mon El sent out a message to the base floating in space above them, <We need you to warp us back to the Kardavitia team immediately>.

Harbinger #917315 11/30/16 08:26 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Good will mission to visit the Rim Systems

Retro - Deen Toro of Ventura, limited reversal of personal timeline.
Atom Girl - Sylva Nrilsan of Imsk, can shrink herself to microscopic size

guest : Cassanda of Kiringyaga

Encyclopaedia Galactica - Lallor is a small planet in the 211135South322H region of the Northern arm of the Milky way. Resource and mineral poor, it was settled by descendants of an early eastern European Space Arc programme in 2759. Using hyper-sleep compartment technology the first arrivals to this distant planet had been in stasis for nearly 400 years before they set foot on the world. Their Arcs had been in orbit for almost forty years by this point as they undertook automated terraforming. There are five main continents, each with a stable environment and decent arable land, and, as a result this world was until fifteen years ago perhaps most famous for its production of coffee, wheat, citrus fruit, mushrooms and organic cotton. A limited nuclear exchange between two rival sides of a bitter civil conflict 30 years prior ended the previous five state governments - one per continent - and ushered in a singular planetary government. The resulting znuclear radiation also resulted in an undisclosed number of meta-mutations, in particular creating the so-called Heroes of Lallor. These four meta-mutants are often cited as the reason this area of the galaxy has had a lasting peace in the face of some Khund aggression and interplanetary disagreements.

The Heroes of Lallor were waiting at the spaceport, alongside a rather large crowd.

"Right kids, don't get separated from each other and for gods sake remember we're on a good will tour, so don't rock any boats and no matter what you've gotta smile!" With these words Sun Boy led the team into to the anti grav lift beam. The noise of the cheering that greeted them was enormous. Atom Girl grinned from ear to ear, the sudden attention being almost overwhelming, she knew she would probably never get used to it but wanted to revel in very second while it lasted. Otaki was above her, a fixed grin on her face as she struggled with the sudden awareness of pressure projecting from the crowds excited psyches. Retro floated beside M'Windaji and Cassanda, aware that the older woman was pulling her hood up over her head to hide how nervous of suddenly being in the spotlight. Lexikon swooped out from the antigrav and left trails in the air as she spun around her colleagues, showing off her arial skills. Sun Boy laughed while Chameleon Boy scanned the crowds on the lookout for any potential trouble.

Of course, Ord Quelu, Duplicate Boy, was the first of the planetary heroes to approach the team. His confident swagger and amiable smile were legendary. Here was a man with the most amazing abilities and he knew it! He hugged Sun Boy and turned to shake the hands of the rest of the team. Close behind him Somi Gan, Life Lass, and Tal Nahum, Gas Girl, approached the new Legionnaires with their arms stretched out in joyful welcome. Sev Tcheru, Evolvo, was last to approach and immediately he and Chameleon Boy started talking like old friends.

"If you don't mind, I think we should go introduce ourselves to the friendly natives..." Dirk said over his shoulder to the rest of the team before making a bee line straight towards three pretty young ladies who were waving their arms about as they leant across the barrier.

"Yeah, c'mon kids." Ord Quelu strutted just behind the Legionnaire. Gas Girl and Life Lass exchanged a glance before both started to laugh. Gas Girl took Retro's arm while Life Lass put an arm around the waists of Atom Girl and M'Windaji and walked them over towards the eager crowd. Gahaji glance over his shoulder at his wife and smiled as she nodded and waved him off. Otaki stuck by Chameleon Boy's side as Lexikon swooped down after her arial display beside Sun Boy at the front of the over excited mass of people.

It was almost an hour later that they left the space port and made their way to the planetary champions palatial headquarters.

"I forgot how much space you guys have out here." Sun Boy said to Gas Girl.

She smiled broadly as she waved her hand through the security circuit, turning their defences off. "Yeah, though I don't know how you Terrans can stand being so boxed in."

Life Lass took Retro, M'Windaji and Cassanda on a guided tour while Otaki and Chameleon Boy spoke to Duplicate Boy. Lexikon and Atom Girl asked Gas Girl if she could see their training facilities leaving Sun Boy alone with Evolvo.

Reep and Bina were telling Ord about their new base when omething odd happened. They had been discussing the support staff and Bina had casual mentioned the Professor Aven of Titan had visited them recently when Ord Quelu seemed to freeze do Reep had bumped into him. For a second the Lalorian mutant remained still before carrying on with the conversation as if nothing had happened.

<What was that Reep? his mind literally froze! Do you want me to probe...?>

<No... I think we'll leave it Bina, Ord is a complicated man and I'd rather we didn't upset him>

The Lallorian heroes gymnasium covered almost fourteen acres, with each team member having a designated space the size of a moopball court with individually designed equipment. Atom Girl swore. Lexikon asked if they could see some of the technology in action which made Gas Girl laugh.

"If you like I can ask Alfie... Our AI control system interface... To create something to test you?"

Both legionnaires agreed and, after a beam of blue light scanned them an area at the back of the gymnasium was suddenly bathed in light.

"On you go ladies, Alfie will have set you a test... Have fun" Gas girl motioned them to the newly lit section with a grin. As the two Legionnaires made their way through the challenges the AI had produced for them Gas Girl kept the unconvincing smile fixed on her face.

Cassanda quickly got over her amazement of being here with the Legionnaires and watched Life Lass as she led them through the long marbled corridors. Somi Gan had initially seemed really pleased to be showing them around but as they carried on, in particular right after they had gone through the enormous medi bay, she had seemed relieved and looked eager to end the tour. Gahaji and Deen didn't seem to notice the change in body language and tone and continued to smile and express their professional envy in the amount of room the Lallorians had available.

Dirk strode through the gardens, his hands clasped behind his back. A security drone verified their identity with a quick scan before flying away.

"Sev, you're smart enough to know this isn't just a passing visit. We need to discuss a few matters..."

"I had a feeling you might." Evolvo smiled.

"We've been aware of your planets ....ah interest in your unique meta mutations foe years now and we're surprised that you hadn't shared any information. We've always supported your team and thought there were clear lines of communication." Evolvo remained quiet as Sun Boy paused. "So with that in mind we'd like to offer you this... Let's stop with the secrets, there are too many serious bad guys out there to have mistrust between us." With that he held out his hand, a flight ring in his palm.

"That's... Fair enough. We haven't really got that many metas actually, a dozen or so that are of any use, of which there are six here, you met the Haza twins on Weber's World, they've joined our ranks. Two invulnerable telepaths are an asset that our team could use." Evolvo gave a small laugh.

"Oodoo Shanair's still on Weber's World... So what about the other five, or so... What's your government doing Sev?"

"Nothing that could affect our team's relationship. I promise you Dirk, we're only working towards the betterment of us all."

Dirk remained quiet as they strode through the gardens waiting to hear if the Lallorian Heroes leader would give him anything else but the two men continued their stroll in silence.

It was at the meal later that Reep quietly mentioned the strange encounter earlier with Duplicate Boy to Dirk. Sun Boy nodded and smiled but didn't say anything, instead the changed the subject back on lighter topics; the exquisite rose garden he'd walked through earlier and the clearness of the night skies on this world.

<Dirk, what's going on?>

<Wheels within wheels Reep....>

<If I may interrupt gentlemen> Evolvos silky telepathic voice <Ord had serious issues when his mutation first kicked in... He was overcome and couldn't control his emotions. We didn't want a potentially Ultimate Class meta going rogue on us so we invited Professor Aven to assist. The telepathic blocks in place are probably the reason for Ord's... Well, less than stellar intelligence or imagination, but at least he isn't psychotic. I hope that clarifies, and thank you for sharing. I'll need to look into this going forward, if the blocks are weakening then we'll need to deal with it>

<Thank you Sev> Sun Boy transmitted, ending the conversation. Reep shot him a concerned look before Dirk smoothly turned hid attention to Gas Girl on his right and engaging in a light conversation about how to disengage themselves from groupies, which had their side of the polished table in fits of laughter. Even the politicians that had joined them let their hair down enough to laugh.

After the meal they headed back to the space port and the legion boarded their cruiser, the crowds in the pace port were quiter than before and several gave the legionnaires gifts as they said their goodbyes: Sun Boy promised they would be back soon.

As the cruiser took aff the Lallorian Heroes stepped into their private shuttle and took their seats opposite ech other.

"I wasn't comfortable..." Gas Girl started to speak.

"None of us were." Life Lass said flatly.

"They didn't suspect a thing though, did they? We got away with it didn't we?" Duplicate Boy added.

"Yes, we did Ord. The poor souls don't have a clue about what's coming. I almost feel sorry for them." Evolvo said as their small craft gently rose into the air and started back to their mansion-like headquarters.

Harbinger #917342 11/30/16 07:22 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Nice short story with Tel. I sympathize with his frustration - I've been on outings with easygoing people like Cosmic Kid before and I did get a little annoyed, but only when they were making ME decide everything, so I don't mind Po agreeing with everything Jenni decides - but Tel does need to learn a little bit of patience.

Jed is such a lovely husband, he knows Tel so well and gave him an easy out.

Nice teamwork between the four as well. Cosmic Kid's powers are interesting.

Oh dear, the enemy you've created for Jan's away team is powerful indeed. And curious; the telepathic voice sounds like a child, hmmm... Props to Mon-El for trying the diplomatic approach. Props to Jaz for reining Brin in, as well. And props to Amynta for reading up on the world in advance.

Lallor! Oh no, what could they be planning? They have been allies for the longest time. Excellent explanation for why Duplicate Boy is a bit slow, and I am glad you touched on it.

By the why, what are Oodoo Shanair's powers? I will need to go back and read up on your introduction of him and how he and company came to be stationed on Weber's World!

Re: Legion Worlds Four (updated 4 December)
Harbinger #917616 12/04/16 08:28 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Kinetix was fed up.

She had spent the past day finding new ways to rearrange her pillows into effigies of M'Windaji and blowing them up.

Even with her telekinesis to reform the exploded mess she was bored. Laurel had left and Jazmin and Bina were away on missions, Xao was off helping on the Tyrrazians battle planet doing spirits knew what, Doug had last been seen with Gazelle going into his apartment while poor Nasir... Well she didnt want to trouble him.... Mrruaw was on the base but Zoe wasn't entirely sure if the Tigerram would be the best company, she knew he would suggest sleeping, eating or running across a plain somewhere... Actually, that was mean, she knew it even as she thought it, Backlash could be quite intuitively brilliant and had shown great empathy for others. Hell, she thought, perhaps eating, sleeping, running across a plain and whatever else the Tigerram suggested would help. Actually, she realised, even talking to Brainy about quantum mechanics would be better than what she was already feeling so perhaps rather than making excuses she should call her feline friend and see what the day would bring.

As she left her apartment she almost collided with Tyroc and Sade. They held hands with their heads together laughing at some personal joke, not paying attention to anyone else as they walked past. For a fleeting second Zoe resisted the urge to telekinetically trip them up. Instead she gave a fixed grin and followed the locator beacon from her flight ring to find her friend, the tigerram called Backlash.

Mrruaw M'Nau was happily sprawled on a grassy verge that Harmonia had recently planted in wide corridor leading to one of the lower level recreation rooms. Thankfully he had managed to avoid laying on the young saplings she had randomly placed amongst the grass and flowers. On the wall opposite a holo played a repeating scene of a waterfall tumbling down a stark white cliff, flocks of small exotic birds spun and twirled in the air around it. The Tigerram was watching it with one eye open.

"Hey lazy bones... Wotcha doing?"

"Remembering where I came from... It helps sometimes."

Zoe walked over to his side and sat down, her back to the huge beasts flank. She leaned back and stretched out an arm across his broad frame and gently scratched underneath one of the great cats ears. He purred and moved his head so she could reach the best spot.

"What do you need help with big guy? You're so super chilled I wish I had your attitude, y'know that? I think you're the most stable of the lot of us sometimes, so what's worrying you?"

"I am surrounded by colourful talking monkeys on a rock in space, a thousand light years from the Families... Whatever could posibly worry me?"

"Hey, don't say that, we're family too, y'know that don't you?"

"Perhaps though perhaps not the family I am used to. In my home plains what Gahaji did to you would result in his expulsion... I know my race were bred to be ferociously loyal so maybe my standards are... Different, still...It confused me why he was allowed to stay, could you explain it to me Zoe?"

"No.... not in a way that you want but I understand him at least. I'll tell you why I think he acted in the way he did if you like?" The tigerram raised his head and looked towards her, "...well, simply, he's an idiot is why." Zoe gave a sardonic laugh.

She could tell Mrruaw didn't accept that answer so continued, "...so, the way I see it is he probably had a business arrangement with Cassanda, just business... Well, they do care for each other but from what Jazmin found out she lives with his Grandfather back on Kiringyaga. And Gahaji is ambitious, wanted to be a legionnaire..."

"Who doesn't?" Backlash said with a sly grin on his broad face.

"Absolutely! Anyway, perhaps she'd look after his grandfather while he came to Earth... I dunno why she'd want him, maybe it's status symbol on their world to have a young husband... Anyway, he's an idiot for lying thinking it would harm his application to the Academy and once he'd done it that one time he kept on, not thinking we'd ever find out. He's an idiot Mrruaw, that's the reason... And if I keep telling myself that I have an excuse not to tekinetically rearrange his face." She laughed again and this time it sounded more genuine.

"You are very forgiving. I do not believe I am, though will honour your views for now... I think I've watched this holo enough now and need some sport, shall we go tease the Academy students? For some reason, they find it most annoying that I did not need to go through that process to gain membership" the great cat laughed a deep rumbling laugh which Zoe joined in with.

Re: Legion Worlds Four (updated 4 December)
Harbinger #917624 12/04/16 08:32 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Titan ran.

The gym was empty and Nasir intended to get full use of it while there was this peace and quiet. He had been visited by most of his teammates while in the medi bay, or they'd come up to him at the party when the Justice Legion had been around, and every single one of them looked at him with pity. He couldn't stand it. He knew losing the Shazam abilitiess was bad, he understood as he was the one that could no longer access them after nearly half a year of getting used to their immense gifts. He didn't need everyone's sad eyes and muffled thoughts to tell him what a loss it was. So now the gym was empty Titan ran.

Ferro's had tried to call Titan earlier but the tall telepaths flight ring had not acknowledged the contact, which made Douglas wonder if Nasir had taken it off. Douglas knew exactly were to look to find his friend though. They needed to talk, to reconnect. After Gazelle had finally let the iron skinned young man out of his quarters he was in need of male friendship. A workout would help keep his stamina up as well he thought with a smile.

Doug saw Nasir as soon as he walked in, running along the mezzanine circuit that snaked its way along the walls. And as he flew up to join his friend something odd happened, just for a second he forgot where he was and so when he landed on the track he looked around and shook his head. He was alone in the gym, with an urge to run... and not disturb Nasir for the next couple of days.

Outside Nasir N'Cube walked back to his apartment feeling guilty at having tampered with Doug's mind but certain that it was the only way Ferro would take the hint to leave him alone for now.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,010
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Italian Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Lad Boy
Lad Boy
Washington DC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star