Legion World
Posted By: Faraway Lad Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/09/03 11:11 AM
Not that I am a major figure collector or anything but I did like the look of the legion founders from this heroclix set up. So now, thanks to Scott, I own a set of the founders and they now stand proud on my desk at work. Of course I get a lot of questions about them both who are the characters and how do you play the game. I can answer one but not the game rules.

Has anyone else got these legion figures yet.

Oh and in case I haven’t already said it loud enough. Scott you are the most amazing kind hearted and generous man. Get you missus to give you a huge kiss from me SaturnGirl
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/09/03 03:15 PM
I have a set on my desk right next to my Legion Pocket Heroes. And sometime this week Kid Prime will have his set (as soon as I can get to the post office).

They are great to look at and I can't wait to actually play them in a game.

And thanks for the props Faraway. I'm just glad they found their way overseas without a problem.
Posted By: Pov Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/09/03 07:33 PM
I'm watching for them on eBay-- it looks easy enough to get a deal on Cos, Garth and Imra. It's the Mordru unique fig that's going for bucks... frown
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/11/03 09:02 PM
MY new Legion Heroclix that Lightning Lad sent me!!! I just opened the box. They look great!

Scott, thank you SO MUCH! Guys and gals, let me tell you how great a guy Lightning Lad is. I make a little offhand comment on a thread a few days ago about how much I would like to have the Heroclix Legion figures, and next thing you know, this guy sends me an e-mail asking me my address, cause he's gonna send me his doubles. This made my day.

What a guy!!!!

Thanks, Scott (once again)
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/11/03 09:21 PM
KP he did the same for me. I'm looking at them now and the more I think about the great things he has done for us legion fans the more I want to have his babies wink
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/12/03 09:06 AM
I'm just glad you both got them in one piece and are enjoying them. Especially Faraway since I always dread sending stuff overseas. And the more we spread the word and get people into HeroClix, the better chance of them releasing more Legion related figs.

BTW, Faraway, thanks for the offer but no thanks. Caroline and I are quite happy with our four cats. Children would just mean fewer toys for me. wink
Posted By: THE LABRADORIAN Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/18/03 12:42 AM
a guy i know is selling it at the local flea market, i am waiting a little bit before buying it cause if it doesnt sell..which is likely, i can get for fairly cheap.
current price is 20 canadian
Posted By: Pov Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/21/03 09:40 PM
YAY!! cool

I won full sets of Cos and LL from a guy on eBay, and he threw in a free Saturn Girl! What a nice guy! SaturnGirl
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/21/03 11:16 PM
Way to go Pov! Congrats!
Posted By: Pov Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/22/03 01:06 AM
Thanks, m'man! Today was a good eBay day all around; On top of receiving my heroclix with the surprise Imra, I won an auction for my long-sought-after full-size Harley Quinn statue! I have all the other statues of the animated Gotham Grrls, but missed out on this one when it was first released by DCDirect in 2000. AND my winning bid was an almost-unheard-of, below-retail $79.33! I've yet to see this go for less than $90, and usually it's in the $100-110+ range. Score one for patience and persistence! cool laugh
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/22/03 04:43 AM
eBay is the best place to pick up missing items for just about any collection. Its also great for other items. I just got Caroline 5 hand-painted Southwest oil paintings to go in our new home for around $100. You just can't beat the price for the quality we got in any store.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/23/03 03:17 PM
I easily bought the little clix Legion figures at my regular comic shop. I bought the yellow lettered ones because I don't care about power levels. They were quite inexpensive. I think they're really cool.
i should be able to get these at the next comic fare in a couple of weeks ....
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/28/03 05:10 PM
I tried to bid on LE Garth Ranzz (the Live Wire with his real name on his base) in ebay yesterday and I was outbidded...it went for 58 dollars! Darn! Would love to get that one. Also, there will be more LE Garth Ranzz at the tournament for this month AND there will be LE Rokk Krinn the next month (Sept). I will be participating in the tournament and hope to win the prize!
Posted By: THE LABRADORIAN Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/28/03 06:43 PM
how is this limited edition available? its not in the set unless i missed something, and anything is possible with me.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/28/03 09:45 PM
The Limited Editions of Heroclix are tended to be given out as PRIZES (1st place, 2nd place, or Fellowship Prize) during the Heroclix tournaments. It was mostly held by most comics convention (SDCC recently had one, Wizard Chicago in 2nd weekend of August will have one, etc), and comic bookstores. Be sure to go to the comic book store and ask the person who knows about when and what time to play in the tournament. If the comics book store is registered as a Whiz Kids vendor then it is likely that they will host a tournament - either a Marvel Heroclix or a DC Heroclix. I missed one tourament yesterday darn!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/29/03 02:46 AM
I've played in a number of tournaments here in Salt Lake but we are down to only two shops running them and one of them not regularly. I've gotten about 10 LE's (not counting ones in trade from friends) and they are kinda cool to have. But you know the Legion ones are going to be my priority. Imra should be announced for later in the year as I know for a fact they are doing all 3 founders as LE's.

I also belong to a Yahoo group that plays HeroClix through e-mail using Excel spreadsheets. It works out pretty nicely. If you are interested superboymddjr, let me know and I'll send you the web address so you can look at some of the games. Its been quiet lately but that is mostly my fault as work and real life have interferred with my gaming.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/29/03 06:43 PM
Lightning Lad, I would LOVE to trade those LEs...if we have any extras...I have an extra Manhunter 2.0...would like that for either Garth Ranzz or Rokk Krinn. Imra Ardeen will be out, as I predict, in October. August we will see Garth...Sept Rokk....then should be Imra in Oct. Wait and see.

Oh there is a LE Garth in Ebay right now. (and Donna Troy, Hope, Parzoof, and others.)

Unfortunatly my computer is outdated and needs to be repaired so when? I dunno, I kept procrastinating. Also, I don't have an EXCEL in my computer. See what I mean - outdated. Next year or so I plan to buy a new computer! HOwever, it does not mean that I am not interested...I am very much interested in learning more about online and how it works.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/04/03 07:38 PM
Hey, you oldcomers and newcomers, I have a few extra three Dupes that I will be happy to give out. PLease email me at RvrMdd@aol.com and we will talk. I have about 8 of them...please ask first and I will confirm on what I have. Hope to hear from you soon!

LightningLad
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/12/03 04:57 PM
Yipeeeee! got LE Garth Ranzz...now next target: LE Rokk Krinn (not yet released somehow...wait in Sept.) but have seen two LE Imra Ardeen in ebay...oh boy...so both of them will be my next targets!

Hey I have extra of Live Wire, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy....let me know if you want them, sure go ahead and hit me up!
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/12/03 04:59 PM
*bump*
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/24/03 07:12 AM
While I definitely don't have time to play HeroClix, the obsessive compulsive Legion fanboy that I am must own a set of Legion related characters.

So can anyone confirm for me which figures are available now? From reading this thread I'd say it's Garth, Rokk, Imra, and Mordru (granted, with varying power levels and LE versions, etc.).

All I need to know is which ones to look out for. I currently have a Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/24/03 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
While I definitely don't have time to play HeroClix, the obsessive compulsive Legion fanboy that I am must own a set of Legion related characters.

So can anyone confirm for me which figures are available now? From reading this thread I'd say it's Garth, Rokk, Imra, and Mordru (granted, with varying power levels and LE versions, etc.).

All I need to know is which ones to look out for. I currently have a Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl.

Thanks in advance!
Only Garth, Imra and Rokk are commonly available in their heroic named versions. The LE's, which carry their real names instead of their heroic names are available at tournaments (or eBay) only. Mordru is a rare but not one of the expensive rares. I recently won Garth but will probably resort to eBay to pick up Imra and Rokk when they are available.

I have an extra Garth if you want Craig. Plus I'm trying to find out from a friend who is a playtester for WizKids if there are any more Legionnaires in the upcoming DC set he's testing right now. But he's being tight lipped.
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/24/03 09:07 AM
Do you have any dirt on this friend of yours? wink smile
And I'll let you know if I can't get ahold of a Garth clix. Thanks again!
Posted By: icefire Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/25/03 01:13 AM
I hope we get Triad, Ultra Boy and Brainc 5.1.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/25/03 03:34 AM
Hey Omni, wanna a Live Wire ? I have an extra...just PM me and we will talk. smile

Just got LE Imra Ardeen! Now one more to go - LE Rokk Krinn....then the next DC set in Feb or March - six more figures... wink
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/29/03 09:07 PM
bumping - just saw at least four LE Rokk Krinn in Ebay right now. so they're officially released. Hmmmm...
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/11/03 06:55 AM
whoo whoo!! just got LE Rokk Krinn!! wow powerful clix! pretty good for 500 points team! 76 points with 10 attack value TK of course and FB on first three clickes! leadership too. Legion Team Ability, to boot! Quite a powerhouse, if you ask me! whoooo whooo!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/07/03 12:29 PM
superboymddjr Rules! Thanks to him, I have the Legion Heroclix.

LightningLad

Thanks a lot.
Posted By: Pov Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/07/03 01:22 PM
cool !!!
Posted By: icefire Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/07/03 07:50 PM
Plus he has a cute avatar!!!
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/21/03 08:39 AM
DC Unleased....coming soon....Supergirl, Brainiac 5, Chameleon, and Science Police will the ones to appear in the Heroclix set - DC Unleashed in March 2004!! When I get the case and I pull out many Brainiac 5s, Chameleons, Supergirls, and Polices....I will post in this thread and see if you would like me to mail those to you guys if interested!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/22/03 02:51 PM
The second DC HeroClix expansion, Unleashed, brings the power of the past, present, and future together in one mighty set! Long-awaited villains like Two-Face match wits with Supergirl and the heroes of yore, while the most popular figures return from the pages of Kingdom Come, ready to battle to the bitter end. The JLA and Titans match wits with Batman Enemies and the Injustice League. Two new team abilities and four new powers await players in this 97-figure set, and a special oversized unique figure, the mighty Bat Sentry, lurks in random booster boxes.
No mention of the Legion related figs yet. But I'm surprised they've released this much info so early.
Posted By: Pov Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/22/03 03:24 PM
DC Unleased? Who forgot to pay the rent?! mad wink
Posted By: icefire Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/24/03 11:23 PM
Looks cool!!!!
Posted By: Stu Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/24/03 11:57 PM
The Science Police? Rather an odd choice, isn't it? I would have preferred to see an actual "named" Legion character... unless SP is represented by Shvaughn Erin or Gigi Cusimano?
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/26/03 05:10 AM
I can almost guarantee you that if the Science Police make the final cut we'll probably get a generic female figure that will have a named rare to be given out at tournaments. But which would make the cut, Shvaughn or Gigi? I think Shvaughn since she has been featured recently in the books.
Posted By: Stu Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/26/03 01:51 PM
Have the Legion HeroClixes been preboot or postboot versions of the characters (or a mixture of both)?
Posted By: Pov Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/26/03 02:50 PM
Garth, Imra and Rokk all look postboot, but Mordru is in his 60's Swan-designed glory. Hmmm. confused
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/26/03 10:17 PM
the LE for Science Police will be Shvaughn Erin with the Legion Team Ability. How cool is that?!?! the first generic to copy team abilities!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/26/03 10:35 PM
I've not bothered with the latest Marvel set but I will be buying this DC set.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/27/03 05:14 AM
I plan to buy the case of Unleashed and if I have some dupes then we can trade or even buy them from me at low low price! smile
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/27/03 06:08 AM
Mike, if I'm able to buy a case at the time it comes out I'd be glad to trade dupes with you in trying to get a full set.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/28/03 04:32 AM
best place to buy a case is at ebay...I was able to get the case for less than 200 dollars (the case is worth of $336) on every sets since Hypertime. (except Marvel...the first case I ever got was Critical Mass).
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/28/03 05:49 AM
There's actually a company that I've bought all my cases from that, with shipping, I pay an even $200 each time. I even bought an extra case of Hypertime a while back for something like $125 from them. I'd have to see if I can find their name again as its on my old PC.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/29/03 02:57 AM
Never really got into the Heroclix stuff. The game didn't seem all that interesting to me and the figures don't look good enough to collect on their own. Oh well.

Glad to see 'em making Legion stuff, though.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/23/04 01:18 PM
bump

This was a topic on the former Trophy Room forum.
FYI: Kara's stats are available at the Heroclix website or HCrealms under Units. smile

Here's hoping Chameleon gets at least a few clicks of stealth and blades/claws/fangs. Also hope his dial doesn't bounce around that much, ala Changeling.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/25/04 11:40 PM
whowoowhowooo....LE Kara Zor-El has a Legion TA!!! that would make her powerful! I am definitely looking forward getting Unleashed case. If I have too many Supergirls (and Cham and Brainiac 5 and some Science police) I will keep you all informed! the first from Superman family to have the Legion TA, can copy Batman TA, Superman TA, Police TA...oh..can't wait! will surpass Wonder Woman as I predict. Everybody love using Legionnaires 3 from Cosmic Justice. I am sure that they will continue to love more that Brainiac 5 and Chameleon are added.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/26/04 03:47 AM
Kinda disappointed in the sculpt for Kara. And I saw this last week so why was it this week's preview? I was expected another sneak peek figure this week.

Anyway, I never bothered with the last Marvel set but am seriously considering buying a case of Unleashed. So I'm extending the same offer as superboymddjr. If I get dupes of any Legion related figs, I'll gladly send some out. Jeff and Darden, you are already on my list so no need to ask.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/28/04 02:43 AM
take a look at Metallo!!! my gosh, he's a monster!!! and BEST looking figure..I wish that sculptor will do the same thing to Supergirl and the others...who the hell were WK thinking when they hired Arwyn to sculpt? I never liked his...I prefer James V. His sculpting is much much better!!! Metallo Whoa hope I nab him in the case!!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/20/04 04:31 PM
Well, the pics and stats are out. I think I'm disappointed but I haven't played in so long, I just don't know. I do know that I don't like the Legion sculpts at all. Brainy with KoKo on him? And the worst? The Shvaughn Erin unique, the Science Police named piece only available for winning a tournament? She's blonde. BLONDE! WTF? As usual, Legion fans get shafted. I guess I should be happy that at least they included some (2) Legionnaires in Unleashed but its hard to care after seeing them.

So anyway, here are the pics for those who care and links to their stats at HCRealms .

[Linked Image]
Rookie Science Police
Experienced Science Police
Veteran Science Police
Unique Shvaughn Erin

[Linked Image]
Rookie Brainiac 5
Experienced Brainiac 5
Veteran Brainiac 5

[Linked Image]
Rookie Chameleon
Experienced Chameleon
Veteran Chameleon

[Linked Image] Unique Kara Zor-el (Only Supergirl piece with the Legion Team ability)
Posted By: Vee Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/22/04 12:03 AM
What exactly is HeroClix: collectible figures?, a game?, ????

I know I'm showing my ignorance but I haven't a clue! frown
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/22/04 12:23 AM
Vee,

Its a game that uses collectible figures and maps instead of cards or books (like DnD). It has featured releases for DC and Marvel characters and even had a IndyClix release that covered independant books like CrossGen's Sojourn and Hellboy.

I was really into it for the first couple of years. Great fun and even came up with a way to play through e-mail with friends, inventing maps using Excell spreadsheets. But last year they messed with the rules and I lost interest. I still like the game and will buy some of this release to get the Legion figs for my collection but I won't be buying them by the case like I used to.
Coming in DC Heroclix Legacy in March:

Wildfire Superboy1 KidQuantum Persuader

Plus Kid Flash and Ra's Al Ghul.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/18/05 01:39 AM
puke Kid Q? Give me a break.

I used to be real big into HeroClix until they couldn't quit messing with the rules and ruined the game for me. I haven't bought a single piece since we got the last Legionnaires. And I always used to buy a case of each release.
I hear you about the rules changes, as there were probably a lot of defections when the flying rules changed.

Legacy is a very nice set, though. Kid Quantum and Wildfire will both have running shot, a pretty important ability in the game these days. Then you've got Persuader doing four damage with exploit weakness. And there's these new game features called feat cards, which provide extra abilities and will give Ra's the effects of the Lazarus Pit.

Not that I'm trying to talk you back into it. Just chatting about the set.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/18/05 05:57 PM
I've never played the game. In fact, I only bought the Legion figurines because...well, because they were Legion figurines. I'll surely buy these new ones.
Posted By: Haggard Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/18/05 06:43 PM
I put up a gallery of pictures of the Legion-related clix. All the pics are from a Wizard Gaming Magazine (and they wrote the text).

Here\'s the gallery.
Posted By: reservations Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/19/05 12:00 AM
so what Legion heroclix are there all up? Is there a directory?
Go to heroclix.com, click on the DC part, and go to figure gallery. The page will have all the Legionnaires previously done and their sculpts, but probably won't have the newest ones (coming in March) listed yet.

So far, we've got Live Wire, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5, Chameleon, Cosmic Boy, a Science Police officer (named Shvaughn Erin for her 'limited edition'), Supergirl (it's old school Kara) and Mordru (also old school).
Posted By: Greybird Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/19/05 12:43 AM
Several custom Dawnstar figures in HeroClix have been sold on eBay. I'm a bit astounded at the patience of those customizing something that small. I also have nothing to go with her if I did buy, since I don't collect or play. No actual "official" figure of her yet, right?
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/19/05 01:22 AM
I'd love to get back into the game but just don't have the time. Somewhere around here I've posted the custom Garth and Imra I had done back during the first DC release, long before we got them in the regular set.

I started trying to custom a Dawnstar but found I didn't have the patience. I love painting DnD figures, have forever, but customizing Clix is way beyond me.
Posted By: Yk Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/19/05 04:38 AM
Cool (sort of) I have all the Legionnaire figures except Cham. I don't play the game at all but I'll get the little statues ... just because. Kinda like Sketchy.

off topic: Heyo Rusty! Glad to see you made it here guy! Took you long enough laugh
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/20/05 03:47 PM
I stopped buying Marvel sets long ago, but I still buy at least half-a-case of any DC set. This one will be good. I was hoping we might see some of Barry's new legionnaires, but I guess it's too early. Next set maybe.

My playing lately has been very sporadic, especially given the extent of my after-work theater commitments in the last year. When I do play though, I love to whip out my full Legion team, which includes official figures and my customs. They've proved very effective on several occasions, expecially when I use the Rookie Superman to stand in for Superboy, which gives the whole team the Superman team ability.

Nuts. Now I want to play!
Thanks, Yellow Kid!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/20/05 02:36 AM
Some pics of the Legion related 'clix in Legacy:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/20/05 02:37 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/20/05 02:38 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/20/05 02:39 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/20/05 02:39 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/20/05 02:40 AM
[Linked Image]
Here's the Legion-related figures that will be available with the "Collateral Damage" expansion in February!

Validus
ColossalBoy
ShadowLass3
EmeraldEmpress

It's no Spaceopoly, but it's a pretty cool game!
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/31/05 03:14 PM
Just to clarify: Tasmia and the Emerald Empress will be available in the Collateral Damage expansion; Validus and Gim will be available in the DC Giants collector's set. To buy the collector's set, you have to buy a "brick" of Collateral Damage (12 shrinkwrapped boosters) from a brick-and-mortar store and send in the certificate that it comes with and the receipt, along with whatever they charge for the set (the idea is to reward those player/collectors who support the physical stores that provide support to the game).
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/31/05 05:15 PM
You can look in the official thread for images.
Ah, didn't realize there was a "stuff" thread. Been a little while since I poked around these parts. I think the last time I was around there was a full "stuff" forum. Thanks for pointing that one out.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/10/06 03:27 AM
hey hey check out the Ebay to find the heroclix that came out very recently - Colossal Boy and Validus! Enjoy the bidding if you want to grab those in Ebay!
Posted By: Nick Vinson Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/10/06 08:13 PM
Now if Wizkids would just redo the crapptastic earlier Legion Heroclix
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/13/06 03:12 PM
I like the Umbra one-- though she does have a certain pop-eyed look of surprise that takes some getting used to.
Posted By: Nick Vinson Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/13/06 03:45 PM
The Wildfire piece was the only decent click. Taking a team of Legionnaires is suicide. Also their team ability is kinda stupid.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/14/07 09:21 PM
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/gameresources.asp?cid=41258

Hurray!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/14/07 09:24 PM
I think I just had a stroke! This will get me into playing HeroClix again in a way that the various single Legion clix didn't.
Posted By: Tekwych Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/14/07 09:34 PM
And I had just cured myself of Batteltech...Oh well, 'Once more into the breach, dear Meannies!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/14/07 09:36 PM
From the press release:

The Legion of Super-Heroes is set in the 30th Century where a young Superman has been thrust forward in time and agrees to join a young team of adventurers in a universe that faces threats of unimaginable proportion!
This set has got to be based on the cartoon.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/14/07 09:37 PM
I'll need to get a second job while I'm sleeping to pay for all of this Legion stuff.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/14/07 09:47 PM
yippeeeee!!! so I can get them to team up with Colossal Boy, Shadow Lass/Umbra, Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Supergirl, Conner Kent, Cosmic Boy, Brainiac 5, Chameleon, Kid Quantum, Wildfire, Mon-El, Science Police and many more to come!

We have Mordru, Validus, Emerald Empress, Persuader, Ra's Al Ghul, and Mano.... We need Tharok to complete the Fatal Five roster and hope to see Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen, and Cosmic King to be in clix soon! they deserve to be clixed! Hoorray!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/14/07 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
From the press release:

The Legion of Super-Heroes is set in the 30th Century where a young Superman has been thrust forward in time and agrees to join a young team of adventurers in a universe that faces threats of unimaginable proportion!
This set has got to be based on the cartoon.
Well if it's like the "X-Men: Danger Room" starter from last year, it will have the characters from the cartoon but based on their comics counterparts.

(i.e Danger Room had Storm, Colossus, Jean Grey, Etc. from the movie but in their comics costumes with comic-centric stats.)
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/15/07 12:12 AM
I'm not much of a Heroclix guy - I've even managed to resist the JSA ones - but more Legion love is always appreciated.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/15/07 03:16 PM
First two pics leaked. It's Timber Wolf and Phantom Girl in Kitson costumes!

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/carlosmucha2003/album/576460762389744004/photo/294928804233055552/19

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/carlosmucha2003/album/576460762389744004/photo/294928804233046060/18
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/15/07 04:47 PM
Thanks for those Rouge! I'm really amazed that TW isn't the same as the toon.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/15/07 04:50 PM
And I was just looking at the previews so far for the Origins set since the Legion press release mentioned Legionnaires would be available in it. Apparently the veteran version of Supergirl will have the Legion group affiliation to go along with the M'onel and Triplicate Girl in the set. Plus we get one villain, Mano.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/15/07 08:33 PM
And I was just looking at the previews so far for the Origins set since the Legion press release mentioned Legionnaires would be available in it. Apparently the veteran version of Supergirl will have the Legion group affiliation to go along with the M'onel and Triplicate Girl in the set. Plus we get one villain, Mano.
And a Legionnaire bystander token. Presumably one of the kids from the plaza.
Posted By: wndola1 Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/16/07 07:32 AM
I think the TV show is a different license. They've never done the cartoon sculpts for any of the toons as far as I can tell.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/14/07 01:28 PM
A third figure has been announced. It's Saturn Girl. You can get a look at her stats through the dial link at the bottom...same thing with Phantom Girl.

Their character cards can be seen here about midway down the page.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/14/07 09:04 PM
I really hope they correct the date on the Saturn Girl card before the release. Adventure Comics #247 was released in April of 1958, not 1957.
Posted By: Haggard Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/28/07 06:04 PM
I heard that some gaming magazine released the names of all the characters in this starter set:

Young Superman
Lightning Lad
Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Timber Wolf
Phantom Girl
Ultra Boy

And you can find pictures of the sculpts, cards and stats for most of them here .
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/28/07 06:41 PM
WizKids has three new cards and two new figures from the Legion starter set. It seems either they are freely mixing animated Legion and comic Legion continuity, or current DCU continuity(ala the JLA/JSA/LSH X-over) is changing to more reflect the animated version. I kind of suspect the latter.

Timber Wolf

Cosmic Boy

Young Superman

*EDIT*
Didn't see Haggard Lad's post prior to posting mine.

So, Lightning Lad and Ultra Boy are left. I was hoping for a Tharok to round out the Fatal Five.
Posted By: Haggard Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/28/07 11:20 PM
I have no doubt Tharok will be in the Justice League set coming in August. I can understand that they wanted to keep this Starter Set as just Legion members.

Though I'm surprised they didn't stick more closely to the cartoon. I was really hoping for a Bouncing Boy figure. And while I love Ultra Boy, we already have Superman in this set. It would be nice to get more variety than another brusier.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/29/07 03:20 AM
I really hope they correct the date on the Saturn Girl card before the release. Adventure Comics #247 was released in April of [b]1958, not 1957. [/b]
too late, they did the same thing with Cosmic Boy's card. frown
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/04/07 12:06 AM
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
[b] I really hope they correct the date on the Saturn Girl card before the release. Adventure Comics #247 was released in April of [b]1958, not 1957. [/b]
too late, they did the same thing with Cosmic Boy's card. frown [/b]
Lightning Lad is the same way. Well, at least thy're consistent. smile
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/04/07 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Haggard Lad:
And while I love Ultra Boy, we already have Superman in this set. It would be nice to get more variety than another brusier.
Ultra Boy will be the counter to Superman in the starter. The idea of the starter is to have a "game in a box." The way the point values work out you should be able to make two reasonably matched teams to play against each other. Having another brick to face off to Superman makes some sense in that light.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/20/07 02:03 AM
check out the Legion map - nice design...

here's the link:
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/gameresources.asp?cid=41417

you will need to click on the map. Enjoy!

Also, I hear that there is a Bouncing Boy pog...I am not sure about the source. ???
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 06/12/07 03:33 AM
Map, side two (not as nice as side one), Rulebook and Powers and Abilities Card . All we need now are the actual figures.

Warning: All links will open up a PDF.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 06/23/07 09:53 PM
REMINDER::::: 5 more days left to go....they will be out on Wednesday....oh...can't wait!!!!
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 06/27/07 01:33 AM
they're out now!!!!!!!! and there is the 8th Legionnaire in the set......it's.........

*drumroll*

SHRINKING VIOLET! Yeah!!!! she is joining alongside Invisible Woman, Atom as the hockey puck league. smile
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 06/28/07 02:46 AM
I love this starter. Getting Vi was a nice surprise, as was seeing the Smallville map on the reverse side (I didn't catch that when they posted it online). Can't wait to play with these figs!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 01:42 AM
The "Justice League" set list has been spoiled and there are two Legionnaires and two Villains in it.

LSH: Bouncing Boy & Dream Girl

Villains: Tharok & The Time Trapper!

Tharok was expected (completes the Fatal Five), but The Trapper is a surprise. He'd better be one powerful figure.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 02:04 AM
Making one thread for the "official" Legion HeroClix announcements rather than having five of them.
Posted By: Vee Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 02:09 AM
Making one thread for the "official" Legion HeroClix announcements rather than having five of them.
Spoilsport! wink
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 02:10 AM
Four years ago I sent my first overseas package of Legion figures to Darden. Now, once I seal up the McD Legion figures I'll be sending him another one. laugh
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Vee:
[b]Making one thread for the "official" Legion HeroClix announcements rather than having five of them.
Spoilsport! wink [/b]
Yeah, like combining you guys' multiple threads is so thrilling. tongue
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 02:13 AM
Originally posted by rouge:
The "Justice League" set list has been spoiled and there are two Legionnaires and two Villains in it.

LSH: Bouncing Boy & Dream Girl

Villains: Tharok & The Time Trapper!

Tharok was expected (completes the Fatal Five), but The Trapper is a surprise. He'd better be one powerful figure.
Thanks for the update rouge. I hadn't even bothered keeping up with the JL set since I didn't think we'd get new Legion figs so soon after the release of the starter set.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 05:18 AM
well, Lightning Lad, those are unexpected figures that I did not think that it would be included in JLa - I thought that Karate Kid, Dawnstar, and/or even Star Boy would be shoo in with their recent appearances in comics....Dream Girl, Bouncing Boy, and Time Trapper were the real surprises and nobody did predict this.

At least they got Tharok in the set where almost everyone predicted correctly.

However, there will be more legionnaires coming up soon in the next DC set called "Titans" in Feb 08. Can't wait.

I am praying for Lightning Lord to be in the Titans set. * finger crossing*
Posted By: Rurouni KJS Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 06:15 AM
Cool, I didn't know this sort of thread was here. But then, I haven't visited LW regularly in a couple of years.

I'm an avid HC player so any new LSH-related figs are good news to me. I confess that those two LSHer were about the last I expected this go-'round, with one not quite alive in the comics and the other not quite existent. smirk But rarely has a new HC fig announcement made me smile like Bouncing Boy's did.

I'm looking to play a 1000-pt. Legion themed team this weekend, but I can't decide if I want to top-load it with E Supergirl for her Super-Ally ability or swarm it up with a bunch of Science Police to boost my shooters' ability.

(hey, I said I was an avid player...!)
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 06:22 AM
KJS - I would love to field the most powerful team ever - Ultra Boy, Mon-El, Wildfire and Superboy (Supergirl will do) and here's hoping to see Dawnstar in the Titans set so I can have her on that team - who could ever forget the most beautiful splash page of all of them flying together going out into the space drawn by Josef Rubenstien and Jim Starlin way back in S/LSH #240ish...

Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Saturn Girl has gotten much better alongside Timber Wolf...I am waiting for both Brainiac 5 and Chameleon remakes. Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Phantom Girl, and Triplicate Girl are even better and I cannot wait for Invisible Kid to be clixed so I can play the Legion of Espionage Squad! Less than one more month to go!!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 06:38 AM
KJS - I would love to field the most powerful team ever - Ultra Boy, Mon-El, Wildfire and Superboy (Supergirl will do) and here's hoping to see Dawnstar in the Titans set so I can have her on that team - who could ever forget the most beautiful splash page of all of them flying together going out into the space drawn by Josef Rubenstien and Jim Starlin way back in S/LSH #240ish...

Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Saturn Girl has gotten much better alongside Timber Wolf...I am waiting for both Brainiac 5 and Chameleon remakes. Shadow Lass, Shrinking Violet, Phantom Girl, and Triplicate Girl are even better and I cannot wait for Invisible Kid to be clixed so I can play the Legion of Espionage Squad! Less than one more month to go!!
[Linked Image]

Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #241
Penciller James Sherman / Inker Bob McLeod / Writer Paul Levitz
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/15/07 07:26 AM
*sniff sniff* aww no...don't you do that to me! that's mean!!! smile (note: I see I am mistaken - it was Bob McLeod not Joseph...thanks for correcting me).... Loved that panel - when I was younger I was staring at them - wondering about Dawnstar being with those most powerful and invulnerable members and wondering if Dawnstar should be recognized that she is invulnerable due to her flying out in the space.... beautiful *sniff*

I am sure glad that we will see Dawnstar real soon in Action Comics!
Posted By: Rurouni KJS Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/16/07 06:42 AM
There is finally an alternate team ability for the LSH! If the Legionnaire with the highest point cost is KO'd, all the rest of the members with the team ability get to clear one token. It's basically the "Rally" BFC.

So when the Time Trapper knocks out V M'onel, the rest of the team can conspire to make.

Him.

PAY.

The feat card is 0 points. All-31st-century teams just got a lot more playable -- especially since they could still benefit from some Science Police figs boosting their attack values!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/16/07 02:12 PM
Some details:

#016 Bouncing Boy
Team: LSH
Range: 0 /
Keywords: Future, Legion, Teen
Powers: Charge, Flurry & Toughness
Special Powers
Attack - Ricochet: Once per turn, if Bouncing Boy KOs an opposing character or hits an opposing character with a critical hit, after the attack resolves he can break away automatically, immediately move up to his full speed value, and make one close combat attack against a different opposing character as a free action.

#056 E Time Trapper
Team: None
Range: 8 /
Keywords: Future
Powers: Phasing, Mind Control, Psychic Blast, Pulse Wave, Super Senses, Mastermind & Probability Control
Damage - Negate: Time Trapper can use Outwit. When he does, he can use it normally or choose to counter the same power or team ability possessed by all opposing characters to which Time Trapper has a clear line of fire that are 6 or fewer squares away.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/17/07 01:25 AM
Dreamy:

#048 R Dream Girl
Team: Legion of Super-Heroes
Range: 0 /
Keywords: Future, Legion, Psychic, Teen
Powers: Super Senses, Probability Control, Outwit.

Pretty good. I would have liked a click of Leadership (and possibly Close Combat Expert) but it's a pretty good figure for the Rookie version.
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/20/07 10:34 PM
hug Lightning Lad.

Yipee! Now I'll have something most British Fans dont have so I get bragging rights. laugh

Thanks Scott, I just saw this after getting back from a trip to Copenhagen.
Posted By: Oracle Boy Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/30/07 06:51 AM
Some pics (good of Chuck and the Trapper, bad of Nura and Tharok) "borrowed" from HCRealms .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oracle Boy Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/30/07 06:54 AM
We also have Lobo, member of L.E.G.I.O.N., from the official HeroClix gallery .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Yk Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/30/07 07:42 PM
Ack!
Three more figures I have to get. I can finally complete the Fatal Five!
Awesome!

edit: oops. 4 figures. Can't forget the Trapper.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/03/07 04:32 PM
as a reminder, they will be out on Sept 5th (or Sept 6th depending on if the vendor orders the case in advance to ship early) - can't wait.
Posted By: Chemical King Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/31/07 02:42 PM
So... I managed to get this Legion Clix Starter on German ebay for under 20 Euros, well that's okay... though I played Heroclix just once in my life (at a convention when it was first shown to the public) and have a rather lacklustre group of figurines (the three Legion founders, Starfire, Booster and Beetle, Hal Jordan, Hulk, Scarlet Witch...), I really hope that now that I get a new rules book (lost the old ones years ago), I finally will get to actually PLAY this stuff smile

Tell me, are there any Booster Packs planned for the Legion set or is it a new way to publish this stuff via fixed starters? Last time I watched, you did not see what you were getting before buying. But then I saw an X-Men starter this spring, so... is there more cool stuff to be bought soon?
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/05/08 02:55 AM
bump gotta bring it back today since the WizKids revealed one figure for the Crisis Set sneak peek - its a remade of ............

MORDRU!!!

here's the link - enjoy!

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/gameresources.asp?cid=41681
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/09/08 07:53 PM
AT LAST!!!!!! DAWNSTAR is here!!!!!

check out the link:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/figuregallery.asp?unitid=13809

enjoy
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/10/08 06:25 AM
And it's a kick-ass sculpt. She's a bit weak on the hitting power, but she's really not a front line player anyway. Her special power gives her whole team +1 to hit versus a single opponent for the game, though, which doesn't suck.
She'll be a lot of fun to play.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/10/08 03:28 PM
and plus Willpower! The legion figures desperately need that to go with Cosmic Boy and the contigency plan...whoa....more power to them. Now Dawnstar - I cannot wait to have her to go with Wildfire, Mon-El, and Ultra Boy as seen in picture a few posts above (the one by Lightning Lad)...The legion are becoming more and more powerful and better!
Posted By: Daryl Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/17/08 03:38 PM
I just got the LSH Starter set from eBay yesterday for display purposes only. Since I know nothing about Heroclix my question is this: Are the other LSH Heroclix figures (from "Legacy," "Crisis," etc.) the same size as the figures found in the starter pack? Thanks!
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/19/08 04:59 PM
Yes they are all mostly the same size - Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Cosmic Boy, Kid Quantum, Wildfire, Supergirl, Superboy, Chameleon, Colossal Boy (Gaint size), Shadow Lass, Triplicate Girl, Mon-El/Valor, Bouncing Boy, Dream Girl, and Dawnstar....although Colossal Boy is a Giant and both of him and Dawnstar do not have a flight stand. so the sizes are mostly in scale.

Same with Villains - Validus is a giant...while the rest are the same...
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/14/08 01:47 AM
Updated: CRISIS finish off the whole list and will be out on Feb. 27th - Dawnstar, Mordru, and Karate Kid are the ones representing the Legion lore - as for Karate Kid's figure and dial - please check this link out -

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/figuregallery.asp?unitid=13869

FAIR warning: alot of heroclix fans were not happy with Karate Kid's sculpture because they mostly felt that it misrepresented KK. *sigh* Same thing with Matter-Eater Lad as a pog - a lot of fans were *FURIOUS* that ME Lad did not get clixed. frown

for ME Lad's pog - check the link -

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/figuregallery.asp?unitid=13870
Okay, so this is kind of exciting...I don't know much about Heroclix, though - being a collector of all things LSH, I simply buy the figures on eBay because, well, they're little statues of Legionnaires, and look pretty cool on a shelf.

My question: "pog"? what is "pog"? does this mean there won't be an actual figure of Matter-Eater Lad? I noticed they only had a picture of his card on the Heroclix website...I was hoping that they just hadn't updated it yet...but are you saying that the "card" is it for him?
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/20/08 05:11 PM
Yes, the "pog" is just the token on the card. The proper game term for them is "Bystander Token", but they are almost universally known as pogs. They are used either as filler, or for special scenarios (protect/capture the bystander), though some have useful abilities (Alfred has the Batman Team ability). There was already a generic "Legionnaire" pog representing one of the kids from the plaza. Traditionally pogs have been used for supporting cast members.
Thanks for the info...

...but rats!

Matter-Eater Lad, a mere supporting character?!?
He gets no respect!
Posted By: Yk Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/19/08 03:07 AM
click to enlarge

Dawnstar Heroclix page

I got Mordru recently but it looks like this Dawny piece might be hard to come by, according to a different Heroclix page it's already sold out.
..bummer..

click to enlarge

..and this one's for Lash Lad!! Alas there's no figure for it (yet) just the card.

click to enlarge
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/19/08 04:31 AM
You forgot one more - Karate Kid!! As for Dawnstar - because she is very popular and people wants her on their team because she's good! smile
Posted By: Yk Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/19/08 07:32 AM
Oops! I see you already linked the MEL card, sweet, thanks!

Anywho...I got the KK figure in the Legion starterpack last summer so I didn't mention him here but in searching for those images I found out that's there's an entirely different Mordru figure out there

Cool oldskool Mordru!
Posted By: Producing Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/12/08 06:42 PM
heroclix legion starter pack...is this grouping that has a young superman, is this reboot, threeboot, or classis, it has to be classic despite the threeboot costumes right?
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/12/08 07:20 PM
The grouping uses Threeboot costumes, but it is based on the members from the cartoon.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/14/08 11:51 AM
The biographies on the character cards are all Threeboot as well (i.e Imra can't speak and Garth let the U.P. take over the team). Although the "First Appearances" boxes all list the Classic issues.
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/31/08 06:05 PM
New Legion Heroclix. However, it may not be the Legion you might expect...

Wizkids Arkham Asylum set comes out in October and includes the following Legion figures:
  • Cosmic King
  • Lightning Lord
  • Saturn Queen
  • Element Lad

I can't wait to see how they represent Cosmic King and E-Lad.
(Thanks for the move to the official thread; didn't find it when I searched yesterday)
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/01/08 06:54 PM
and Superboy-Prime too.

as for the LSV founders, I am so thrilled to see them in Heroclix. I have been asking and asking for a long time and finally they're here!

so my next Legion villain target will be: Grimbor and Universo, Khunds and Dominators/Dark Circle. I am gonna work harder to convince the Heroclix manufacturers to make them in clix.
Posted By: veryvery Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/01/08 07:55 PM
whoa i didn't realize there were limited edition versions of them!!! my podcast-cohort and i have amassed pretty much...ALL of the legion related heroclix. twice. and then a third time i think. (one for each of us so we don't kill each other in our sleep in jealousy, and then she requires one to put away and keep pristine since she's insane).

so i'm REALLY excited about more heroclix to feed my desire.

we don't play heroclix either, we have absolutely no idea how. we just like having tiny figures of the legionnaires. we make them kiss each other sometimes. i secretly REALLY want a starro because i think starro is adorable looking but the stupid thing is rare and huge and expensive =___=!! every time we buy them, we're offered the little cards that you need for the game, and they look confused and little sad that we don't want them at all. "no no, you see, we have to make garth carefully hold hands with cos."

i'm finding it a pain to find a place for them, so if anyone knows good storage/case set ups that are good for heroclix, please share.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/17/08 10:43 PM
bump

Cosmic King's picture is out now...go to the link:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/figuregallery.asp?unitid=14248

enjoy!
Posted By: Klordny Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/18/08 12:44 AM
I've got an up-to-date Heroclix list on the Legion Wiki at http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heroclix
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/18/08 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Klordny:
I've got an up-to-date Heroclix list on the Legion Wiki at http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heroclix
well they left out Superboy-Prime! grr. smile
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/04/10 05:54 PM
Bumping this thread up as someone on Legionworld Facebook side said they hadn't seen this thread and didn't know what figures were made yet.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/29/10 06:42 AM
UPDATED INFO: the set called DC 75th Anniversary will be on sale on Dec. 15th and will consist of several Legion-related: Dominator Soldiers, Caste-Ruling Dominator, Superboy, and Bart Allen. that's it. Yeah that s all.

the players who play Heroclix are complaining about the lack of the Legion members in the past two sets...so perhaps the next one due in July...rumored to be a heavy Superman-theme...may include some Legionnaires..such Starboy, Sun Boy, Ferro Lad...but who knows?
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/06/11 07:44 PM
bump

updated info ---
Link ---

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tofero/5693873224/sizes/l/in/photostream/

three more Legionnaires to be clixed - Wildfire! Sun Boy! and MATTER EATER LAD!!!!!! whooo hooooooooo!!!
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/06/11 08:31 PM
I just saw the poster over at HeroClix World! Three Legionnaires is great! I am greedily hoping there are a few more, though. smile
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/06/11 08:35 PM
me too!!!! XS, Green Mon, Tellus, and Tyroc...are the ones I hope to see!! *finger crossing*
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/11/11 03:11 PM
Here's some better pictures from ICV2 (click on thumbnails):

Wildfire:
click to enlarge

Matter Eater Lad:

click to enlarge

Sun Boy:

click to enlarge
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/11/11 09:53 PM
If the production figures look this good, it'll represent a dramatic improvement in the sculpt quality at Wizkids/NECA. The last couple of sets have been pretty mediocre.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 05/13/11 05:24 PM
I get tickled pink whenever I see Matter Eater Lad picture there. lol that one was a complete surprise to me since I did not expect that he would get "Clixed" sooner than others..I expected to see Sun Boy, Lightning Lass/Light Lass, Princess Projectra, Blok, etc before ME Lad. its still delightful to see ME Lad. heh.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/30/11 08:09 PM
I think someone snapped this picture at the SDCC. They posted it on the WizKids Facebook page. Another Legionnaire in the Superman set.

Starman
click to enlarge
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/03/11 11:16 PM
I missed that! And I was at the NECA/WizKids booth a couple of times!
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/06/11 03:38 PM
Another Legionnaire has been sighted at Gen Con!

Princess Projectra as Sensor Girl!
click to enlarge
Cool!

... so ....

... anyone have any idea when these are going to be available?
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/09/11 03:08 AM
sept 29th is the date that the Superman set will be available!

also Invisible Kid has been sighted...but the question is...due to no picture....which one - Lyle or Norg?

and we may have two Thom Kallors...one is Star Boy and another one is Starman (with JSA and Legion Team Ability.). yeah a lot of Legionnaires in the set. the largest # ever!
superboymddjr:

Many thanks for the info!

Wow, that's really good news...between this, the Matty Collector figures, the upcoming Star Trek/LSH corssover, and the new LSH Secret Origins miniseries, Sept/Oct are going to be great Legion months.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/09/11 06:36 AM
Invisible Kid has been sighted...but the question is...due to no picture....which one - Lyle or Norg?

...and we may have two Thom Kallors...one is Star Boy and another one is Starman (with JSA and Legion Team Ability.)
From Gen Con:
Invisible Kid & Star Boy

click to enlarge
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/24/11 12:13 AM
One more Legionnaire has been previewed!

Earth Man!

click to enlarge

For those keeping count, that makes 8 Legion figures, with 7 unique Legionnaires.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/24/11 01:56 AM
hmm, since we have 2 Thom Kallors - as Star Boy and Starman. what about Supergirl? Superman? that would make it 9 Legionnaires? smile
Posted By: future king Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/24/11 04:00 AM
I'm gonna get my hands on all these Legion related HeroClix figues if it's the last thing I ever do! lol

Seriously I already spoke to the owner of my LCS and I am down for one set of the 3-pack being released next month.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/24/11 10:01 PM
hmm, since we have 2 Thom Kallors - as Star Boy and Starman. what about Supergirl? Superman? that would make it 9 Legionnaires? smile
I'm going by the actual "Legion of Super Heroes" keyword printed on the cards. Even though most of the "supers" haven't had their keywords spoiled yet, it seems unlikely that any of them, with the exception of Supergirl, will have it.

So far...
Superboy: Appears to be Kon-El from "Reign of Superman"
Supergirl: Bared midriff Supergirl. LSH keyword quite possible
Superman: All-Star Superman
Superman: Flashpoint Superman
Superman: Son of Darkseid Superman
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/24/11 10:24 PM
Originally posted by future king:
I'm gonna get my hands on all these Legion related HeroClix figues if it's the last thing I ever do! lol

Seriously I already spoke to the owner of my LCS and I am down for one set of the 3-pack being released next month.
I'll be hunting them down, too! There are still 15 unspoiled figures. With some of the Legionnaires they've picked coming from the "New Krypton" storylines, I wouldn't be surprised to see Chameleon Boy, Mon-El, Quislet, and/or Tellus pop up.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/29/11 04:25 PM
Matter-Eater Lad and Princess Projectra Dials revealed:

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/long-live-the-legion/
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/30/11 05:51 PM
I have my brick reserved at the CBS. I haven't played the game in ages, but I still enjoy opening the boosters and with the sheer volume of Legion love in this set, I'm going to be giddy when it comes out.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/31/11 05:07 PM
Jacques (!) and Brainy:

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/stealth-and-guile-a-legion-of-super-heroes-preview/
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/31/11 09:05 PM
The aforementioned cards and dials.

Matter-Eater Lad

click to enlarge

Princess Projectra

click to enlarge

Invisible Kid

click to enlarge

Brainiac 5

click to enlarge

That makes the total now at 9 Legion figures, with 8 unique Legionnaires.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/01/11 04:56 AM
Brainiac 5 's stats is so ......wrong. I am sorry to say that, just that it's my opinion that he has soft defense and ability to damage 2 ...???

while Jacques - more appropriate.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/01/11 06:56 AM
These are all excellent moulds IMO - I really love how they've been crafted.

I just really hate the grey colour they've used on Invisible Kid II though. If they wanted to make him look invisible, they should have used a clear plastic. As it is, he just looks like a powered up Ferro Lad.

Calling Jeckie 'Princess Projectra' while she's in her (ugly) Sensor Girl outfit seems a bit weird too.

I've never played Hero Clix. It seems like it could be fun but I don't have time for new hobbies unfortunately.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/01/11 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Blacula:
These are all excellent moulds IMO - I really love how they've been crafted.

I just really hate the grey colour they've used on Invisible Kid II though. If they wanted to make him look invisible, they should have used a clear plastic. As it is, he just looks like a powered up Ferro Lad.
Jacques will be clear transparent since he was already shown at the Comics Convention, alongside Star boy, Sensor Girl, etc.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/02/11 04:20 PM
Thom and Thom:

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/stars-my-destination/

A figure with both the Legion keyword and JSA team Ability? Pricey, but a must have on larger Legion theme teams. Everyone shares defense!
Posted By: Blacula Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/02/11 04:29 PM
[b] These are all excellent moulds IMO - I really love how they've been crafted.

Jacques will be clear transparent since he was already shown at the Comics Convention, alongside Star boy, Sensor Girl, etc. [/b]
Oh he will? That's cool. I was just going by the pic linked to a couple of posts up where he seemed a grey colour.

Looking at that Star Boy pic (and an Earth Man one I saw after a bit of snooping) and I am *really* impressed with the level of detail and skill that's been put into these toys. They're better than 99% of the action figure toys I've seen.

I wish I could rewind time and be a teenager again so I could get into this sort of stuff again.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/03/11 10:07 PM
kind of had a slight connection with Legion and that was during the Silver Age, but no more....still I want to bring it over here...

Composite Superman !!

link:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...80458.133811649078&type=1&ref=nf
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/03/11 11:40 PM
[b]
[b] These are all excellent moulds IMO - I really love how they've been crafted.

Jacques will be clear transparent since he was already shown at the Comics Convention, alongside Star boy, Sensor Girl, etc. [/b]
Oh he will? That's cool. I was just going by the pic linked to a couple of posts up where he seemed a grey colour.

Looking at that Star Boy pic (and an Earth Man one I saw after a bit of snooping) and I am *really* impressed with the level of detail and skill that's been put into these toys. They're better than 99% of the action figure toys I've seen.

I wish I could rewind time and be a teenager again so I could get into this sort of stuff again. [/b]
heres the link to the one where they showed the picture of Invisible Kid....but I am not sure if you are a member of HCrealms or not. If not , then you will have to register to order to get in and look at those pictures. If you are a member then log in and see the picture.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1924&pictureid=17459
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/04/11 04:18 PM
Brainiac 5 's stats is so ......wrong. I am sorry to say that, just that it's my opinion that he has soft defense and ability to damage 2 ...???
I think his defense is pretty good. I mean, the highest defense I've seen in the game is 21, and that was on Galactus & the Spectre. Superman is usually 17/18 with Invulnerability or Impervious. Brainy gets Invulnerability and can give Toughness, and only costs 88pts to field.

Totally agree on the damage, though. Should be no more than 1.

These are all excellent moulds IMO - I really love how they've been crafted....

....Looking at that Star Boy pic (and an Earth Man one I saw after a bit of snooping) and I am *really* impressed with the level of detail and skill that's been put into these toys. They're better than 99% of the action figure toys I've seen.
Caveat
The figures for actual purchase will not look this good. These are pre-production digital molds painted by experts. The finished products are factory assembly line painted.

I wish they looked that good! smile

heres the link to the one where they showed the picture of Invisible Kid....but I am not sure if you are a member of HCrealms or not. If not , then you will have to register to order to get in and look at those pictures. If you are a member then log in and see the picture.
If you can't see it there, the picture is on the previous page, 3 posts from the bottom.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/04/11 05:17 PM
Originally posted by kenaustin:
[b] Brainiac 5 's stats is so ......wrong. I am sorry to say that, just that it's my opinion that he has soft defense and ability to damage 2 ...???
I think his defense is pretty good. I mean, the highest defense I've seen in the game is 21, and that was on Galactus & the Spectre. Superman is usually 17/18 with Invulnerability or Impervious. Brainy gets Invulnerability and can give Toughness, and only costs 88pts to field.

Totally agree on the damage, though. Should be no more than 1.

If you can't see it there, the picture is on the previous page, 3 posts from the bottom. [/b]
hmm about brainiac 5's defense, you are in the minority...many players in HCRealms agreed with me saying that he should have higher defense because his force field is the strongest at best...should have the impervious and at least 18...look at Captain America costing 86 points with the defense of 18 and ES/D, Molly 19 defense, Black Adam 19 defense, Nightcrawler 19 def, Molecule Man 19 def, Invisible Woman/Girl has shield and Invulnerable and 19 def (all less than 88 points) too, so why not Brainiac 5? Only Starman, Supergirl, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy, and Young Superman has the highest defense of them all.

presently, so far there are at least 450 figures with 18 defense...at least 73 figures with 19 defense....21 figures with 20 defense.

Ah about Invisible Kid...completely forgot about that in the previous page, so yes thats the picture. smile
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/04/11 05:33 PM
Composite Superman

click to enlarge

Star Boy

click to enlarge

Starman

click to enlarge
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/04/11 07:16 PM
hmm about brainiac 5's defense, you are in the minority...many players in HCRealms agreed with me saying that he should have higher defense because his force field is the strongest at best...should have the impervious and at least 18...
smile That doesn't surprise me at all. They people over at HCRealms are far more knowledgeable than I am. I'll be the first to say I'm far from being good at Heroclix. smile

I'll admit, from their low combat values and short dials, to their not-so-accurate standard & named powers, I've always thought the Legionnaires have been given the short shrift in Heroclix. Although I do think they did a good job with Matter-Eater Lad (especially if his "Matter Eaten" power gets ruled to work on carried objects), Earth Man's "Absorbancy" should've been on par or better than Nico Minoru's "Staff of One."

Even so, don't you think the new Brainy is tons better than the other 3?
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/01/11 05:35 PM
Yoo.....I got a lot of Legion love....especially with a lot of Brainiac 5, Starboy, Starman, Sun Boy, Matter Eater Lad, etc....I would like to give them away - so give me a PM and I will be happy to ship out to your home so you can have it on your display or play with it or put it next to the Action Figure. smile PM me right away!
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/31/13 03:37 AM
For those who are interested...

Just got hit with a big surprise out of nowhere from Wizkids. The first expansion for early 2014 will be Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes!

It will come in random 5 figure Booster boxes, single figure Gravity Feed boxes, a 6 figure Lex Luthor led "Legion of Doom" Fast Forces set, and an only available to retailers Organized Play Kit. Gravity Feed release date is 1/29/14, all others 2/12//14.

Sub-themes of the set include Legion Lost, the Legion Espionage Squad, the villainous Legion of Doom and the New Gods.

Confirmed Legion related figures so far...
Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Superman, Ultra Boy, Validus, and at least one Daxamite and one Science Police.

click to enlarge click to enlarge
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/02/13 02:30 AM
Yikes! Where did this come from! What a nice surprise and thank you for posting this Ken. Question? It sounds like some of these (retailer exclusives?) may be difficult to obtain. I have collected all the Legion Heroclix and don't recall a retailer exclusive. Is this new? Will this cost big bucks on eBay? Any insight would be most appreciated.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/02/13 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by AndrewNolan
Yikes! Where did this come from! What a nice surprise and thank you for posting this Ken. Question? It sounds like some of these (retailer exclusives?) may be difficult to obtain. I have collected all the Legion Heroclix and don't recall a retailer exclusive. Is this new? Will this cost big bucks on eBay? Any insight would be most appreciated.

The announcement blew me away, too...with Legion getting canceled and all. Did you know they've started doing vehicles in HeroClix now? How cool would it be if they made a Time Bubble or Legion Cruiser?!?! smile

As to the question of the cost, the short answer is probably yes. It all boils down to the figures they make, what rarity they are, and how good their dials are.

The long answer...

The breakdown by rarity of the figures found in boosters will be:
16 Common figures (plus 1 Prime)
16 Uncommon figures (plus 1 Prime)
13 Rare figures (plus 1 Prime)
11 Super Rare figures (plus 1 Prime)
5 Chase figures
4 Toyman drone figures
1 Buy-it-by-the-Brick figure (1 per 10 booster pack)

The Organized Play kits are only given to retailers as participation & prize giveaways for their in-house weekly tournaments. These OP kits are strictly limited to 3 per retailer, with the amount depending on how many cases of the product they order.

Each OP kit contains:
3 Limited Edition figures (3 of each)
3 3D Special objects (10 of each)
1 2-sided map (10 of each)

With the Legion being the headliners of the set I'm guessing they will have at least 1 Chase, 1 Prime, a couple of Super Rares, and a figure and/or object in the OP kit. I'm also expecting the map to be Legion oriented as well. All of these can demand a pretty penny on eBay when the set is first released. The prices usually go down with time unless the figures are very good for play or in high demand.

sigh...starting to save up money now. smile
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/02/13 08:31 PM
I am still in complete disbelief! This is great news! Thanks again for the post Ken. I guess the real challenge will be the contents of the OP kits. How many of these will be Legion related and how soon do I want them?

A Time Bubble or Legion Cruiser! Oh my! That would be just incredible! If the Legion Cruiser is included I will buy a fleet! I am really looking forward to this release!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 09/02/13 10:08 PM
The OP/prize figures are usually much easier to obtain on the secondary market (eBay) than the Super Rares (and of course, you could actually play in a few local tournaments to get a shot at them as well). The most difficult to obtain will be the Primes and Chases.

According to the release descriptions so far, there are no Super Boosters in this set so no Team bases or Vehicles in the core set. (maybe as a convention exclusive?)

I was questioning hanging up the Heroclix spurs as the Teen Titans set was slanted so heavily towards the New 52 stuff (especially N.O.W.H.E.R.E) that my interest was really waning. But this set has me really excited.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/01/13 05:19 AM
WizKids posted a preview.

Never before seen figures...

Blok and White Witch

GL Mon-El and Shrinking Violet

and Amethyst

click to enlarge

Redone figures...

Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad

Ultra Boy, Persuader, and Science Police

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Validus and Mordru can be seen on the side of the box...

click to enlarge
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/01/13 12:40 PM
These all look great!
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/02/13 01:33 AM
Oh my! Block and the White Witch! I am really excited about this set!
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/06/13 11:52 PM
Darkseid

click to enlarge

...again
smile
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/22/13 08:43 PM
The three founders...

Cosmic Boy

click to enlarge

Saturn Girl

click to enlarge

Lightning Lad

click to enlarge

I really like how their main powers are represented here, and the sculpts are great!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/22/13 09:00 PM
I wonder what's up with the ATA instead of a Trait? ATA's were never printed on the card before.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see the point cost added, which means it's optional. Neat.
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/22/13 09:13 PM
When do these come out?

I would love to re-paint them. these obviously look better than the real thing.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/01/13 03:35 AM
The royal lady of Venegar...
Emerald Empress

click to enlarge

Originally Posted by WangLung
When do these come out?

I would love to re-paint them. these obviously look better than the real thing.

Unless there is a delay, the booster boxes come out 02\12\14.

Wow, this *is* one of the only pieces of good news of late for us LSH fans...

does anyone know what they mean by "24 Ct." in the preview ads? If it is 24 different characters, which I'm hoping for but not expecting (... "do not trust a hope, it has forsaken these lands..."), then that would enable them to include nearly ALL the canonical characters from the latest un-reboot version (which I suppose should now only be called "attempted un-reboot").

Or, have we already likely seen the only LSH characters they'll have, since it also appears they may be sharing the set with non-LSHers?

My main reason for asking is that I am really, REALLY hoping for an "Element Lad"... the only one they've ever had was the non-traditional version from the "re-reboot" (a.k.a. the Mark Waid thing), and so aside from the non-canonical uniform, he was also underpowered as per that version of the character.

If anyone knows if there's a chance we haven't seen all the LSH-ers to come, please let me (and hence everyone else) know about it here. Thanks!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/04/13 01:59 PM
24 Ct. means there are 24 single figure boxes in a gravity feed case (of which there are only 10 characters).

The "main" set comes in booster packs of five figures. Figure breakdown is as follows:

Main Set:
16 Common figures (plus one Prime)
16 Uncommon figures (plus one Prime)
13 Rare figures (plus one Prime)
11 Super Rare figures (plus one Prime)
5 thematic Chase figures
4 Toyman “Toy Drone” figures

Gravity Feed: 10 figures

Legion of Doom Starter: 6 Legion of Doom figures (Giganta, Cheetah, Lex Luthor, Black Manta, Solomon Grundy and Bizarro.

We already know the main set will be split between Legion, New Gods, Legion of Doom and WILDCATS (plus a few one-offs like Amethyst.

Current known/revealed figures:

Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Lightning Lad
Blight
Daemonite
Mister Miracle
The Riddler
Edward Nigma
Emerald Empress
Orion
Darkseid
Solomon Grundy
Highfather
Blok
White/Black Witch
Science Police
Amethyst
Ultra Boy
Shrinking Violet
Lightray
Kalibak
Persuader
Helspont

Dave,
Thanks for the thorough and complete scoop, much obliged!

no Element Lad ... sigh... though I suppose there are still a few more to be revealed.

Posted By: Longevity Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/09/13 04:38 PM
I've got all LSHers available presently but am hoping some missing characters will arrive in 2014--Light(ning)Lass, Ferro Lad, Chemical King, Tyroc, Polar Boy and the Subs are all absent. And my Fatal Five is minus Tharok and Validus so I would like to see added more iconic Legion enemies (Regulus,Universo, etc.) included and maybe a couple of non-humanoid menaces (Super Moby Dick, Computo, Legion of Super-Beasts, Sun-Eater).
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/09/13 09:51 PM
Blok:

click to enlarge
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/12/13 01:44 AM
re:Blok

They spoiled Black Witch as another figure in his "For My Love" trait description. So White Witch and Black Witch! smile
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/16/13 07:40 PM
On Facebook Wizkids just announced there will be flight ring giveaways. No word yet on how, but I assume through Organised Play (i.e. participation prize for a tournament).
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/21/13 04:37 AM
Superboy

click to enlarge

Card Front & Back thanks to Aniodia@HCRealms

That is Clark Kent "Inspiration of the Legion" Superboy on the solicit & card! I wonder if this means anything for the Legion's status in DC comics. Heroclix is an officially licensed DC product after all.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/24/13 11:52 AM
Mordru

click to enlarge

His "Morph: Change Size" trait shows that there is going to be another Mordru in the set. I assume one will be normal size and the other will be Giant size.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/27/13 09:06 PM
Two new figs...the star-crossed lovers

Wildfire

click to enlarge

Dawnstar

click to enlarge

That Dawnstar fig is beautiful!
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 12/29/13 02:19 AM
I agree, the Dawnstar figure is outstanding. Thanks for keeping us updated!
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/07/14 03:58 AM
Universo

click to enlarge
Posted By: Longevity Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/17/14 12:36 AM
Toyman preview is up. Yawn.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/27/14 07:07 PM
GATES!!!!

click to enlarge
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/27/14 09:33 PM
That's cool. I wish there was an easy way to just get Legion.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/27/14 09:43 PM
With on a few days of release, individual figures are all up on eBay (prices vary on perceived rarity of course). I'll typically buy a case and then fill in my blanks through a secondary market.
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/27/14 10:50 PM
Has anyone actually played this? If so how are the rules?
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/28/14 01:36 PM
I play all the time (or I did until our local store scene faded out). The basic mechanics are pretty straightforward, but the number of powers and abilities that alter game mechanics can make it relatively complex.

Here's the rule book:

http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/HC_Rulebook-2013.pdf

And here's the Powers and Abilities Card:

http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Generic-pac-2013-final-spreads-lo-res.pdf
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/28/14 03:31 PM
Thanks. I'm going to look around to see if anyone is playing near me.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/30/14 09:12 AM
Gates looks great!
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 01/31/14 03:16 AM
Agreed! Gates is awesome!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/03/14 05:06 PM
Dials are up but no pictures yest of the ten figure Gravity Feed set (These are like mini-sets that compliment the larger set, and carry alternate dials for some of the figures):

Dials can be seen under the SLOSH link at http://www.hcrealms.com/index.php?page=units

201 Cosmic Boy

202 Saturn Girl

203 Lightning Lad

204 Ultra-Boy

205 Amethyst

206 Triplicate Girl

206bt Triplicate Girl (Tokens to represent 2nd and third bodies)

207 Shrinking Violet

208 Phantom Girl

209 Science Police Officer

210 Daxamite
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/05/14 07:39 AM
Gravity Feed Pictures
Thanks to Uberman @HCRealms

Cosmic Boy

Saturn Girl

Lightning Lad
His Winathian trait guarantees a Lightning Lass figure in the set!
click to enlarge

Ultra-Boy
click to enlarge

Amethyst
click to enlarge

Triplicate Girl

Shrinking Violet
Her Morph trait might mean a Chameleon Girl is in the set. So far Mordru is the only other figure with that trait.
click to enlarge

Phantom Girl
click to enlarge

Science Police Officer
click to enlarge

Daxamite
click to enlarge

Posted By: Chemical King Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/05/14 11:45 PM
Cool! Played it only once at a convention years ago, but liked it then and collected the Legion stuff ever since. Hope once my children are old enough, we can finally start to play it :-) Thanks for the link to the rulebook!
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/10/14 09:13 PM
I picked up a couple on Saturday. I got Ultra Boy and Triplicate Girl. The fig looks like Duo Damsel though.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/18/14 07:56 AM
Validus

click to enlarge
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/20/14 01:47 PM
Reports of Glorith (the Legionnaire) and Chameleon Girl both shown at Toy Fair.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/20/14 09:57 PM
Pics from Toy Fair...

Chameleon Girl

click to enlarge

Glorith

click to enlarge

Validus size comparison

click to enlarge

Still waiting to see Lightning Lass and Black Witch, and hoping for a Tyroc, Timber Wolf, and Tellus!
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/23/14 01:19 AM
Nice! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/25/14 12:05 PM
Some people on HCRealms have been getting the set early.

Other confirmed regular set figures as of now are Shadow Lass, Colossal Boy, Polar Boy, Tyroc, Mano, and Computo (the original).

The chase figures are the Servants of Darkness. I saw the Kalibak servant on eBay for $65 already! Hope that is just early auction hype.

*sigh* Money, get ready to be spent.
Posted By: Longevity Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/25/14 05:05 PM
My shop expects Wednesday arrival for the brick. I expect pricing to be around $130. Money, get ready to be spent, indeed!
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/25/14 05:23 PM
The set list of Legion related figures. That's 42 figures, not counting the Gravity Feed or any LE figures that could possibly be in the set. I'm still looking for you, Lightning Lass! smile

Common
001 - Cosmic Boy
002 - Saturn Girl
003 - Lightning Lad
004 - Science Police Officer
005a - Daxamite
005b - Mon-El
006 - Triplicate Girl
007 - Shrinking Violet
008 - Phantom Girl
009 - Blight
010 - Polar Boy
011 - Sensor Girl
012 - Tyroc
015 - Timber Wolf

Uncommon
018 - Ultra Boy
019 - Amethyst
020 - Blok
021 - Wildfire
022 - Gates
025 - Mano
029 - Tharok
030 - Dawnstar
031 - Chameleon Girl
032 - Colossal Boy

Rare
035 - Shadow Lass
036 - Glorith
040 - Emerald Empress
041 - Universo
044 - Darkseid
045 - Computo

Super Rare
046 - Superboy
047a - White Witch
047b - Black Witch
048 - Tellus
054 - Persuader
055 - Validus
056 - Mordru

Chase
057 - Lydea Mallor
058 - Kalibak
059 - Guardian
060 - Orion
061 - Superman

Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/26/14 09:26 PM
The tournament prizes are up:

Limited Edition Mordru figure
Limited Edition Green Lantern Mon-el figure
Limited Edition Shrinking Violet dial
Flight Ring Special Object (human sized wink )
Mother Box Special Object (not human sized)
Superman Action Figure Toy (for use with the Toyman figure).
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/27/14 12:41 AM
So, no Lightning Lass, huh? Maybe she's going to be in the next set, War of Light. Weird that they named her on a card, but didn't have her in the set the card was in. But at least we know she's coming.

the one whose absence bums me out is Element Lad... though now that you mention it, I don't think they've ever made ANY version of Light/Lightning Lass, which is a HUGE omission. OF course, the only version they've ever made of Element Lad was from the Waid run (what is that, V5?) and is unrecognizable (not to mention seriously under-powered) compared to the canonical version of him.

Say, how did you find out Lightning Lass had a card? Any chance there's one (as new one, that is, obviously not the V5 one) for Element Lad also?

It feels like they just forgot these... the list looks as though they intended to include every member, OTHER THAN the new ones introduced during the latest series.

Any one else missing? I do note they put in Tellus but not Quislet.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/27/14 11:51 AM
Lightning Lass doesn't have her own card, but she is named, along with Lightning Lord, on Lightning Lad's card from the gravity feed set. Characters aren't referenced like that unless a figure exists, like Lightning Lord, or is soon to be made.

Lightning Lad's gravity feed card. Check out his Winathian trait.
click to enlarge
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/27/14 12:43 PM
I'm missing 9 Legion related figures from the main set...5 super rares and 4 chases.
I'm pretty sure I'll need to get them from eBay or online sites, but just in case anyone here bought some and has an extra for sale/trade.

Super Rares
Black Witch
Tellus
Persuader
Validus
Mordru

Chases
Lydea Mallor
Guardian
Orion
Superman

Legion related extras that I have.
Common
Cosmic Boy (3)
Saturn Girl (1)
Lightning Lad (1)
Shrinking Violet (1)
Phantom Girl (2)
Blight (2)
Polar Boy (2)
Sensor Girl (2)
Tyroc (1)
Timber Wolf (2)

Uncommon
Ultra Boy (1)
Amethyst (1)
Blok (1)
Wildfire (1)
Mano (1)
Dawnstar (1)
Chameleon Girl (1)
Colossal Boy (1)

Rare
Shadow Lass (1)

For the couple of people here that do actually play...
If you need anything I have everything else except for the OP kit, 037b - Edward Nigma, and 053 - Big Barda and Mister Miracle

Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 02/28/14 11:37 PM
I did well on my case: Servant Kalibak Chase, and the Black Witch Prime, along with 5 Super Rares (Toyman, Validus, Persuader, Takion, Highfather).

Only one figure below Super Rare I didn't get (Stargirl), but I also didn't get any Primes either (and I wanted that Mon-el). Still, hopefully I'll pull some more at sealed events and not have to hit eBay too hard.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/01/14 06:37 AM
I think I've got a line on an OP kit...keeping my fingers crossed. Got feelers out at my LCS for the figs I'm missing. If I see a reasonable Mon-El I'll try and snag it if you want.
Posted By: Longevity Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/01/14 04:35 PM
Nice pull. I got Stargirl and would trade her for Mysa. Most non-Legion characters will be put up on eBay this weekend, as I attempt to complete the roster. Any info on a Night Girl figurine as she was a member in Lo3W?
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/01/14 04:39 PM
My brick of 10 boosters arrived in the mail yesterday and I am really thrilled with the set!

I received the following super rare figures in the brick;
048 – Solomon Gurndy
052 - Highfather
054 - Persuader
055 - Validus

Unfortunately, no Chase figures. I rarely give the villains a second look but I really like the Blight and Computo! Computo appears as he did in his first appearance in Adventure Comics!

I will be searching eBay today and spending some money! What fun!
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/02/14 08:07 PM
Does anyone know

1. What are the odds of getting a chase?
2. What are the odds of getting a super rare?

Thanks!
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/03/14 07:46 PM
I was really happy this weekend. I went to a store I don't get to go as much because it's a bit out of my way. They had a bunch of the figures open that they were selling $1 or $2! Picked up Timber Wolf, Sensor, Phantom Girl, Dawnstar, and Wildfire.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/03/14 07:52 PM
Oh well done! good find.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/03/14 10:05 PM
1 Chase per case (2 Bricks in a case, one will always have a Chase).

SRs are 3-4 in a brick (Depending on whether the Brick had a Chase and/or what the "Prime" allocation was, but I don't know the exact formula).
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/04/14 03:12 AM
Thank you for the response. There are 100 pieces in a case so that would equate to one in one hundred of pulling a chase. Very helpful, thanks again!
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/06/14 01:21 AM
For those who may be interested, here is my checklist for the DC HeroClix: Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes set.

Overall, the booster packs contain 69 figures. There are 16 Common (plus 1 prime), 16 Uncommon (plus 1 prime), 13 Rare (plus 1 prime), 11 Super Rare (plus 1 prime), 5 Chase and 4 Toy Man "toy drone" figures.

The Gravity Feed boosters include 10 different figures and all are Legion related.

There is a Legion of Doom Fast Forces pack which features 6 figures and 2 maps but none are Legion related.

The Organized Play (OP) Kit includes three different Limited Edition (LE) figures, three different Limited Edition (LE) special objects and a double-sided map. The kit also contains one Organized Play Addendum/Instruction sheet with suggestions on how to run Organized Play. All Organized Play kits are marked “Not For Resale” and are limited to no more than 3 kits per store.

Here is my list of “Legion related” figures.

Common 001 - Cosmic Boy
Common 002 - Saturn Girl
Common 003 - Lightning Lad
Common 004 - Science Police Officer
Common 005a - Daxamite
Prime 005b - Mon-El
Common 006 - Triplicate Girl
Common 007 - Shrinking Violet
Common 008 - Phantom Girl
Common 009 - Blight
Common 010 - Polar Boy
Common 011 - Sensor Girl
Common 012 - Tyroc
Common 015 - Timber Wolf
Uncommon 018 - Ultra Boy
Uncommon 019 - Amethyst
Uncommon 020 - Blok
Uncommon 021 - Wildfire
Uncommon 022 - Gates
Uncommon 025 - Mano
Uncommon 029 - Tharok
Uncommon 030 - Dawnstar
Uncommon 031 - Chameleon Girl
Uncommon 032 - Colossal Boy
Rare 035 - Shadow Lass
Rare 036 - Glorith
Rare 040 - Emerald Empress
Rare 041 - Universo
Rare 044 - Darkseid
Rare 045 - Computo
Super Rare 046 - Superboy
Super Rare 047a - White Witch
Prime 047b - Black Witch
Super Rare 048 - Tellus
Super Rare 054 - Persuader
Super Rare 055 - Validus
Super Rare 056 - Mordru
Chase 057 - Lydea Mallor
Chase 058 - Kalibak
Chase 059 - Guardian
Chase 060 - Orion
Chase 061 - Superman
OP Kit LE 101 Mordru
OP Kit LE 102 Mon-El
OP Kit LE 103 Shrinking Violet
OP Kit LE 099e Superman Action Figure
OP Kit S101 LOSH Flight Ring
OP Kit S102 Mother Box
OP Kit 2-sided full color map
Gravity Feed 201 Cosmic Boy
Gravity Feed 202 Saturn Girl
Gravity Feed 203 Lightning Lad
Gravity Feed 204 Ultra-Boy
Gravity Feed 205 Amethyst
Gravity Feed 206 Triplicate Girl
Gravity Feed 207 Shrinking Violet
Gravity Feed 208 Phantom Girl
Gravity Feed 209 Science Police Officer
Gravity Feed 210 Daxamite
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/06/14 12:22 PM
Actually, all 5 chases are Servants of Darkness, so they would all be Legion related.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/06/14 12:27 PM
Played in a Booster draft last night. Ended up using Wildfire, Phantom Girl and the Science Police Officer. I went 3-0 and won the Mordru LE!

Wildfire is a real beast, especially in lower point sealed play where there aren't enough secondary attackers to help get him past the stop clix. He went toe to toe with Mr. Majestic, Bizarro and Solomon Grundy and put them all down.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/06/14 07:11 PM
As someone that's never played it, I'd still love to hear more Legion related game reports.
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/07/14 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
Actually, all 5 chases are Servants of Darkness, so they would all be Legion related.

You are absolutely correct Dave. I just edited my post to include all the chase figures. Thank you.

Does anyone have experience buying individual figures on eBay? I'm trying to figure out prices as a function of rarity... how much should I expect to pay (i.e. what is a fair price) for a super-rare?

I'm not about to buy cases/boxes looking for the ones I want....
though given the prevalence of LSH-ers here, there might be some optimality to doing that to acquire the commons....
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/10/14 12:34 AM
You can find commons from $.50-$2.00, uncommons from $.50-$4.00, rares from $2.00-$10.00, super rares from $5.00-$25.00, and primes, chases, and LEs anywhere from $5.00 on up to $80+. These are all ballpark numbers, and before shipping.

There are a few CUR (common, uncommon, rare) sets available on eBay for about $50. They don't include the primes, but you still get a lot of the figures. The CUR SR sets I've seen jump up to $250.
Cool, thanks for the info!!!

I guess this explains the ridiculous prices for "black witch"... "prime" version of a super-rare!
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/11/14 03:06 AM
Also, the price tends to decline with the passage of time.
Originally Posted by AndrewNolan
Also, the price tends to decline with the passage of time.

a good caution ... probably those desperate to get all of them are flushed out early.

I have one more question for everyone (sorry): the Limited edition (LE) figs appear to all be different than there normal analogs (and I'm shocked they appear to have re-done the "shrinking violet/too small to see" gimmick for an LE), but what about the "Gravity Feed"?

Pictures on eBay would suggest to me the "Gravity Feed" figures are identical to the normal analogs as far as the actual sculpture goes... is that correct? Is the only difference related to the wheel/rules of the game?

As you may guess, I'm just trying to collect the LSH figures (although I have dabbled with playing), so I don't want to double-up if indeed the gravity-feed are identical "above the wheel".

Thanks!

Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/12/14 08:34 AM
Yeah, the Gravity Feed pieces have exactly the same sculpts as the regular set. The only differences between them will be game related.
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/15/14 12:32 AM
I have yet another question if I may. Some eBay sellers are now stating this set is sold out. This is quite remarkable given the set was just released.

I typically wait for the prices to plummet and then buy a lot of the Legion HeroClix. I am wondering if that is a wise strategy now.

The question is was this set a small production run? This could have quite an impact on price and availability.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/15/14 12:56 AM
"Sold out" at the distributor level, which means that they only produce a as much as they will sell to the distributors (Diamond, etc.), so basically Wizkids has sold off all their stock to the distributors, but the distributors likely still have tonnes on hand. This happens with EVERY set, but they like the marketing angle of proclaiming it "Sold out".
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/15/14 02:11 AM
Whew! Thanks for the clarification!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/15/14 10:14 PM
Having not played this, I was only slightly tempted. But the Computo one is more fun than you can shake a duplicate self at.

But can I just get one? I quite like a few of the others now that I've had a closer look...

..Edit: Mind you, seeing minor variations just on the dial for the common ones is a bit off putting and money grabbing. I can understand if it's a different figure like the White/Black Witch.
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/17/14 08:46 PM
I played my first game on Friday night and had a lot of fun. The guys that play at the game store all the time were really friendly. I was a bit worried that it would be kids but there’s was no one under 22! Lol. Though they were planning on playing the new Captain America set they had no problem with me playing Legion. I used the new Timberwolf and Sensor Girl, with Karate Kid and Bouncing boy. I figured my first game should be with my favorite characters. I won against Winter Solder, Batroc, and a bunch of Hydra men. I think I’ll be trying more out for sure.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/17/14 09:58 PM
Since I'm not likely to play the game, do the little Legion figures look decent as I take it they are just bulk painted and not the super nice preview ones? Or was there disappointment in the quality of them?
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/18/14 01:47 AM
Thothkins, there are several actual pictures on ebay if you search for specific figures. The quality's been above average for this set, I'd say.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/18/14 09:05 AM
Thanks Dave. I have seen pics, but because I'm not familiar with Heroclix I just wanted to get a feel for the general quality from a Legion point of view.
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/18/14 03:53 PM
I'm a gamer in other miniature games, comparatively they are a much lower standard than other games. But then they are also a lot cheaper. I would totally buy Legion figures if they were high quality.

These guys do the Batman miniature game. It's a bigger than Clix. They costs $15+ a figure, made of metal, and you need to paint them yourselves or have a professional do it for you.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/18/14 08:09 PM
>sigh< that would be lovely. Well, prepainted ones would be better.

Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/18/14 08:54 PM
I've been tempted by a few to paint myself. They have branched out for the game to have Green Arrow and Deathstroke but that's it so far. I've heard the game might not be good for super-powered guys.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Edit: I'm sorry I've derailed a bit from Legion Hero Clix but I thought it related well.

One more thing. I thought I'd mention these guys because what they are doing looks really good. I don't do kickstarters myself. I'm waiting for it to hit shelves.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/472543693/pulp-city-supreme-edition
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/18/14 10:27 PM
I saw that one. I realised I was only tempted because I wanted hovercats and stopped myself smile

I see that Knight Models also have a Watchmen set too, based firmly around the movie versions by the look of it.

I'll have another look at the Legion Heroclix ones. I was going to get quite a few and save on the P&P but stopped when I saw one where the quality looked a little less than great. I didn;t want to have a row of li'l Legion guys that I really didn't like.
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/19/14 02:46 PM
Totally understand that. If I wasn’t going to be playing a game with them, or a massive Legion fan, I wouldn’t bother either.

There are a few stores out there that sell them open so you can look at them and pick ones that have the best sculpt.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/19/14 07:05 PM
thanks for that, and for having to read my dithering on whether to buy or not smile
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/26/14 05:19 PM
The next DC set is War of Light, a Green Lantern based set. It comes out in June.

There is only one Legion related figure that I've seen so far, and it's part of the first month's OP kit. Luckily it's a participation prize, so it should be easy/cheap to get.

Green Lantern Rond Vidar.
click to enlarge
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/27/14 02:11 PM
Anyone have a good combination of characters for games? I now see how some characters act as great support for others. Like Sensor with her predictions and Gates able to move up to four figures!
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/27/14 02:13 PM
What is a an OP kit? Participation in what? Are there like tournaments for the game?
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/27/14 02:31 PM
OP stands for Organised Play. Venues (Stores) get them and host tournaments. Some items in the kit are used as prizes in the tournaments (Like the Green Lantern Mon-el), others are "participation" prizes, so everyone who plays gets one (like the flight ring from the Legion OP kit).
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 03/27/14 07:33 PM
Cool. I'll definitely try to play more. I liked the game I played a few weeks ago. I just feel bad I only want and can afford Legion.
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/09/14 03:22 PM
Playing a 400 pt. Anything game. Anyone have some good Legion combos they can tell me about?
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/11/14 08:31 PM
*very* cool that the new GL set has a Rond Vidar - who'dathunkit???
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/13/14 04:24 AM
Rond Vidar w/card & dial
click to enlarge
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/17/14 05:29 PM
I did my 400pt game last Friday. I gotta say it stunk. I took Karate Kid, Wildfire (older version), Sun Boy, Sensor (OV), and Invisible Kid. The guys I played kept using Outwit for everything I had I couldn't use a single ability it seemed.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/21/14 07:12 PM
Yeah, straight Legion teams are tough because you can't use their Wildcard ability to copy other TA's and there's a lack of any sort of Stealth that leaves them open to Outwit and range bombs. Wildfire's got decent move & attack though, so he could dance just outside of outwit range provided your opponent isn't range heavy. KK really needs to get in close and you'd essentially be using IK and Projectra as cover while you move in.
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 04/24/14 01:51 PM
Ya it kinda stinks that I was told not to play with what you love! That is a seriously broken game then.

Got another 400pt whatever this Friday. I just bought Blok and Superboy in black and red. Think I got the wrong card though because the abilities don't match the clicker.

Thought maybe have him to give the them Titans ability. Or I can team up Lightning lad or someone with a Science Police.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/26/14 07:57 PM
I just stumbled upon the Legion HeroClix game pieces. I guess I must have been living under a rock because I didn't realize they had come out. In the past three weeks I've purchased 22 Legionnaires off eBay and Amazon. I really stoked to have most of my favorite team.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/27/14 03:44 AM
Coming into HeroClix Legion figurines really late in the game, I notice that most figurines depict Legion members from the Retroboot version Lo3W on through Levitz's run. Yet, on eBay I've seen listings for Dream Girl and Element Lad and their outfits don't match either the Origional Pre-Crisis Legion or the Retroboot Legion. Does anyone know what period they are based upon?

Also, it is interesting that most of the Legion designs are based on the cancelled Legion and Legion Lost books. I'd say that is a poor marketing strategy unless DC really does have extended plans to publish this version of the Legion in the future.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/27/14 04:51 PM
Dream Girl & Element Lad were sculpted from their Threeboot Legion versions.
Legion Wiki - Heroclix has a list of all the Legion related Heroclix released up to the Superman set in 2011.

Originally Posted by Leather Wolf
Also, it is interesting that most of the Legion designs are based on the cancelled Legion and Legion Lost books. I'd say that is a poor marketing strategy unless DC really does have extended plans to publish this version of the Legion in the future.

This Legion is apparently the one that will be appearing in the upcoming Infinitus Saga story arc of Justice League United.
Posted By: Longevity Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/27/14 05:38 PM
It took a while, but if I get Black Witch, I think I will have them all. I want to play a Lo3W game using the different eras but sadly, the game would lack for a suitable number of villains. Bring on more bad guys and gals! PS. Anyone vacationing or playing here on Maui, drop me a line and drop into a game here in paradise!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/28/14 01:57 PM

Heroclix sculpts and set design happen quite a ways in advance, so the theme and sculpts (and dials), were likely decided on and in production well before the cancellation was announced.
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/28/14 02:49 PM
I've just gotten into it too. So far having fun playing and collecting.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/28/14 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett

Heroclix sculpts and set design happen quite a ways in advance, so the theme and sculpts (and dials), were likely decided on and in production well before the cancellation was announced.

Given all of that advance planning and production investment, you would have thought that DC would have tried to produce better quality comics for both titles. I can see why Legion Lost got cancelled, but you would have thought editorial at DC would have done whatever steps necessary to keep the main Legion title healthy, even by returning the Legion Lost team into the story, if for nothing more than to boost sales for their HeroClix lines. I'd think DC also experienced lower than expected sales on their Legion and Legion Lost HeroClix lines with both titles cancelled. Perhaps that is one reason they are bringing the Retroboot Legion back so quickly in the Justice League United series.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/28/14 06:38 PM
DC made their money when they licensed the property to Wizkids (who make Heroclix), so I imagine it's Wizkids who would have been a little rankled by the fact they they just put their production into something not tied to a current comic. That said, the set still sold out at the distributor, so I doubt they suffered too much. wink
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/28/14 09:45 PM
I've heard Sups and the Legion did pretty well. Teen Titans bombed. War of Light did pretty well too.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/29/14 02:21 AM
I've really enjoyed Legion Heroclix figurines that I've gotten so far, but the game cards have been a mixed bag. I don't like that most of the 2014 release don't give any character background details and they only list first appearances with New 52 dates of 2011 or after. I know the whole line of DC titles rebooted in 2011, but we all know that the Legion did not. It would have been more educational to list the actual first appearances like Star Boy, Sun Boy, Earth Man and Brainiac 5, etc. which were released in 2011.

I was pretty excited to see Rond Vidar released with the War of Light series. Does anyone know why he was included since he died before the New 52 relaunch?
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/29/14 05:41 PM
Because they knew guys like us would want him lol. He is also only a figure you can get if you participate in official War of Light events.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/29/14 11:59 PM
Or if you buy him on eBay!
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 07/30/14 01:48 PM
True but FREE if you play. I didn't get to play but the guy who organizes it saved one for me.

So far I'm still missing a lot. I was excited a few days ago when I got Mon-El and Darkside. I really want more villians like Persuader, Mordru, and Emerald Empress.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/05/14 07:48 PM
I decided to add Harvest to my collection of Legion villains since he played such an important role in the Legion Lost series. Besides, he looks like such a badass.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Nate Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/06/14 07:03 PM
I was pretty excited to see Rond Vidar released with the War of Light series. Does anyone know why he was included since he died before the New 52 relaunch?

I think the Heroclix DC Universe tends to be inclusive of the various eras of DC History. Two years ago, they produced both a Stephanie Brown Batgirl and a Cassandra Cain Batgirl, at a time when neither character had been introduced into the New 52. Similarly, one could make an argument based off the "Blight" keyword that the Ultra Boy and Shadow Lass from the recent Legion set are really their postboot incarnations (although, yeah, the latter probably should be named Umbra, if that's the case). And, then there's the confusing case of Colossal Boy, with his threeboot Micro Lad costume and some special powers that reference Yera and the Levitz years.

I've gotten kind of off-track. I think that, instead of trying to develop a marketing synergy with the comics currently on the shelf, WizKids tries to make Heroclix appeal to as broad swath of comics fans as they can.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/07/14 02:51 AM
I wondered where Colossial Boy's costume came from. I assumed it must be from one of the reboots.

As far as Ultra Boy is concerned, regardless of what Blight's card reads, his uniform puts him squarely in the Retroboot Legion.

As far as Rond Vidar is concerned, I was glad he was included in the set. It affirmed that the pre-New 52 Legion history was still intact.

Any word on if WizKids will make a new cast of Dream Girl, Element Lad, Chameleon Boy and Lighning Lass? I have all 32 Legionnaires minus Green Lantern Mon-El and Black Witch. Just not sure if I want to purchase the alternate versions, but Black Witch seems like such a colectable that I'll probably purchase her before it's over.
Posted By: Nate Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/07/14 01:50 PM
Good point about Ultra Boy. I guess he's another figure whose sculpt and game text (i.e. the aforementioned keyword) are set up to let him stand in for several of his incarnations.

I'd be surprised if any more Legionnaires were made for a while (but then again, I was also surprised at how many Legionnaires were in the most recent set, so what do I know?), with the possible exception of Lightning Lass, who is referenced in a trait on the gravity-feed version of Lightning Lad. The next confirmed DC clix product is a Flash set that releases in November.

Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/07/14 02:48 PM

Any word on if WizKids will make a new cast of Dream Girl, Element Lad, Chameleon Boy and Lighning Lass? I have all 32 Legionnaires minus Green Lantern Mon-El and Black Witch. Just not sure if I want to purchase the alternate versions, but Black Witch seems like such a colectable that I'll probably purchase her before it's over.

There should be more than 32. Here's the list from hcrealms (Set names in bold):

War of Light

103 Rond Vidar

Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes

001 Cosmic Boy

002 Saturn Girl

003 Lightning Lad

005b Mon-El

006 Triplicate Girl

007 Shrinking Violet

008 Phantom Girl

010 Polar Boy

011 Sensor Girl

012 Tyroc

015 Timber Wolf

018 Ultra-Boy

020 Blok

021 Wildfire

022 Gates

030 Dawnstar

031 Chameleon Girl

032 Colossal Boy

035 Shadow Lass

036 Glorith

045 Computo

046 Superboy

047a White Witch

047b Black Witch

048 Tellus

102 Mon-El

103 Shrinking Violet

201 Cosmic Boy

202 Saturn Girl

203 Lightning Lad

204 Ultra-Boy

206 Triplicate Girl

207 Shrinking Violet

208 Phantom Girl

Fast Forces: Superman

001 Superman

002 Supergirl

Superman

007 Star Boy

008 Brainiac 5

010 Supergirl

022 Sun Boy

023 Earth Man

024 Invisible Kid

025 Matter-Eater Lad

038 Princess Projectra

039 Wildfire

041 Starman

DC 75th Anniversary

026 Superboy

Arkham Asylum

037 Element Lad

Crisis

022 Dawnstar

024 Karate Kid

056 Supergirl

Justice League

016 Bouncing Boy

048 Dream Girl

Legion of Super Heroes

001 Lightning Lad

002 Saturn Girl

003 Cosmic Boy

004 Timber Wolf

005 Phantom Girl

006 Ultra Boy

007 Young Superman

008 Shrinking Violet

Origin

052 Triplicate Girl

053 Triplicate Girl

054 Triplicate Girl

057 Supergirl

073 Mon-El

075 M'Onel

204 Duo Damsel

Giants

003 Colossal Boy

Collateral Damage

034 Shadow Lass

035 Umbra

036 Shadow Lass

Legacy

031 Kid Quantum

032 Kid Quantum

033 Kid Quantum

043 Wildfire

044 Wildfire

045 Wildfire

203 Drake Burroughs

Unleashed

019 Brainiac 5

020 Brainiac 5

021 Brainiac 5

037 Chameleon

038 Chameleon

039 Chameleon

077 Supergirl

204 Shvaughn Erin

207 Querl Dox

218 Kara Zor-el

Cosmic Justice

043 Cosmic Boy

044 Cosmic Boy

045 Cosmic Boy

046 Live Wire

047 Live Wire

048 Live Wire

049 Saturn Girl

050 Saturn Girl

051 Saturn Girl

215 Rokk Krinn

216 Garth Ranzz

217 Imra Ardeen
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/09/14 02:34 PM
Wow! I did not realize the Legion had so many sculpts. I'd run into a few of these on eBay and Amazon. My Heroclix Legion collection is focused on the Retroboot Legion, so I've only purchased sculpts with members wearing Retroboot uniforms, except Colossial Boy who was part of the latest release.

As far as villains and supporting characters is concerned, I've purchased the Fatal Five, Universo, Sodam Yat, Harvest and the Dominators. I've seen Computo and the Science Police officer online. What other villains and supporting characters have been released?
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/09/14 03:11 PM
Other than the ones you've mentioned, there's two different Science Police sculpts (Unleashed & SoLSH), Two different sculpts for each of the Fatal Five (Including LEs for Emerald Eye and Nyeun Chun Ti), Four different Mordrus, The Time Trapper, Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen, Cosmic King, The Blight, Daxamites, and Bystander tokens for both Matter-Eater-Lad and a generic 3Boot Legionnaire.
Posted By: Nate Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/09/14 04:32 PM
The latest wave of War of Light has added a Controller, too, whose powers reference both sun eaters and the miracle machine. Depending on one's perspective, the old Krypto mail-in figure might be a supporting figure, too.

What set was the generic 3Boot Legionnaire in? Somehow that escaped my attention.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/09/14 05:11 PM
Have any of you purchased any of the Green Lantern add-on shields or weapons for Rond Vidar? I just wondered how they worked within the game.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/09/14 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Nate Lad

What set was the generic 3Boot Legionnaire in? Somehow that escaped my attention.

It was in the Origin set.

http://www.hcrealms.com/units/orB002.jpg
Posted By: Nate Lad Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/09/14 05:46 PM
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't start playing until the Legion starter set came out, and didn't start seriously collecting until the DC 75th Anniversary set. I've bought a lot of older stuff, but that guy escaped my notice.

Have any of you purchased any of the Green Lantern add-on shields or weapons for Rond Vidar? I just wondered how they worked within the game.

I have the Green Power Battery, the ring and the shield from the Sinestro Corps scenario pack, and 3 participation prizes that have come out so far (crossbow, decoy, and catapult). I also bought Tomar Tu and the net construct off E-bay.

I've used them with Rond Vidar in tournaments a couple of times, and generally been pleased with the results. The battery and the crossbow in particular make him a much more effective figure. I haven't yet tried playing him with just a construct via his trait, though.

For a while, I was playing this 300 point team that I called my Do-It-Yourself Green Lantern Mon-El team. It's not a good enough team for a seriously competitive tournament, but it is a solid and fun team to play:

SLoSH 005b Mon-El: 175 points
WoL 101 Rond Vidar: 80 points
Green Power Battery + Green Ring: 10 points
Shield, Crossbow, Net, Decoy: 32 points.

Total: 297
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/22/14 02:15 PM
I'm curious, for you guys that have been collecting the HeroClix Legion... Which are your favorite Legionnaire and Legion-related villain sculpts? (Post a photo if you can)
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 08/22/14 03:40 PM
Well I’m an old miniature game player so really no Heroclix lives up to my expectations. But I guess I’d say favorites hero is Wildfire and Persuader for the villains. The images I'm posting are much better than the actual figure. Think of them a s a burger commercial lol.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is what I'm used to. But of course they are metal and not painted. Gotta do that yourself.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/16/14 05:21 PM
XS confirmed for the Flash set.

Video unboxing, she's at 3:32 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHqvR21D0fc&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/17/14 02:47 PM
smile
Just watched it!

They name XS at 3:48 and show her at 3:53. The biggest surprise for me was the Tornado Twins duo figure! Check them out starting at the 11:49 mark.

Legion figure count - 2 so far. 3 if you count Impulse.

Still looking/hoping for Lightning Lass.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/17/14 04:29 PM
Pics

XS
click to enlarge

Tornado Twins
click to enlarge
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/21/14 03:06 PM
I liked the vid. A lot of the figures look really good.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/24/14 03:19 PM
I'm excited they produced an XS figure, but don't think I'll hunt her down since she got lost in the the Retroboot Legion era (that I am collecting) after Lo3W.

For those of you collecting the Legion figures from all eras, this has got to be big news!
Posted By: WangLung Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 10/24/14 05:50 PM
I'm going to get her when I can. I wouldn't mind Impulse and the Tornado Twins either.
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/06/14 09:01 PM
WizKids put up the second unboxing video today.

XS card
click to enlarge

Tornado Twins card front
click to enlarge

Tornado Twins card back
click to enlarge

I like the new Speed Force power that the majority of the speedsters have.
Posted By: AndrewNolan Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/09/14 11:18 PM
XS, the Tornado Twins as a duo figure and Impulse! Wonderful news! Does anyone have an estimated release date?
Posted By: kenaustin Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread - 11/12/14 08:56 AM
Release date is 11/12/14, AKA today. smile
© Legion World