Legion World
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/19/14 04:24 PM
An All-Points Bulletin goes off over the omni-coms of every Security Officer on Legion World. Though not quite alarming enough to send an automatic message to the larger roster of Legionnaires that live on Legion World, it is still easy enough for any member of the LMB to ensure they receive these messages.

"...Reports of a Pyramid appearing on the western edge of Legionnopolis. All on-duty Security Officers are ordered to proceed to the structure immediately. Investigations are underway. Stand by for further orders."

Outside, Cobalt Kid could hear a commotion in the streets. Something else else was happening. Something else else unusual...and for this planet, that said something.

"All units, please listen for additional update. We now have a suspect wanted for questioning relating to the appearance of the strange pyramid. A girl, black hair, olive skin, teenage in age, has been seen wandering the streets of Legionnopolis in strange clothes. It is believed she exited the pyramid and is now walking around Legion World. We need all available units to proceed with caution, under orders to find the girl and put her in quarantine. Please contact your superviser immediately for additional information".

Could it be? thought Cobalt Kid. Is it starting at long last?

He put on the rest of his uniform and looked out the window his high rise apartment. I'll need to see Ex immediately. But first...this girl...she may have the answers I need...
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/26/14 06:43 PM
Cobalt Kid flies down to investigate. It's only been 7 minutes...but why the hell does it feel like 7 days?.

Suddenly, the pyramid is gone.

Long gone, as if it never was.

The panic in the streets continues and the security officers and Legionnaries do their best to get a handle on things but it will be a long while before any one figures out.

Except Cobalt, who knew exactly what it was before it appeared.

There was a brief window to figure this out. To get into the pyramid and understand. But we blew it. All of us. We have to be faster.

Onwards to Rond Vidar then, to see what he thinks of this.

And in the meantime...I have to find that girl dammit. Black hair, olive skin, teenage in age. Whoever gets her first will determine how the board is set.

Cobalt leaves now, more in a rush than ever. When did The War truly start, he wonders? In a way, it's been raging a millennia before he was born. Yet in another way, it doesn't really start for some time.

Although perhaps, when thinking back on this in his later years, he'll come to think of that moment when the Pyramid appeared and then dissapeared as the moment the beginning truly began.
Posted By: Angdar Fel Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/27/14 12:06 AM
As Angdar flew towards the pyramid, he wondered why he felt fatigued. He caught a glimpse of Cobalt Kid ahead of him and was about to call out to him when the pyramid vanished.

What the hell?

He urged himself to fly a little faster to catch up to Cobalt Kid.

Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/27/14 12:22 AM
Inside of the Legionopolis Interplanetary Spaceport

"Where is are ride? Are you sure this is it?" A young man questioned.

Emily Sivana answered, "Well, not quite. Remember, we have to get on a connecting flight in three hours. We have to get to the island where the LMB Academy is located."

"That sounds wonderful," A young woman replied.

Another young man ignored her and asked, "When do we get there?"

"I...um..." Emily's omnicom began blasting as it received the signals of the emergency.

All Flights are currently delayed, A voice echoed over the intercom. Emily's heart sunk, she was hoping to drop these students off at the island and quietly substitute Rond Vidar's classes. Then she was going to return to her old high school, Colorado Academy, and teach their students as part of the exchange program.

Emily said, "You kids wait here. I will see where we are going next. That includes you, Elysion."
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/27/14 01:24 PM
Cobalt say Angdar Fell flying towards him. While confusion was rampant in the streets below, up in the sky where the two fliers we're was a little more subdued and private. Cobalt knew Angdar from various interactions in the last year plus since the Oval War but he didn't really know him. Thus, old feelings of mistrust and secrecy crept into his mind.

Do I tell him my real purpose? Or play dumb, pretending to react like everyone else?

Angdar arrived and Cobalt suddenly made up his mind. It was a different decision than he would have made in past years. "Cobalt," said Angdar grimly, "any clue as to what is going on?"

"Perhaps..." replied Cobalt, eyeing his fierce companion. "Though too much of is conjecture and supposition at this point. A pyramid flashed in and of Legion World just now. But that's not my primary concern."

Angdar knew of Cobalt's reputation. He was a man of secrets. For every Legionnaire who loved him, another was equally as apprehensive. "Go on," said the junior LMBer, as if he'd worked with the legendary hero all his life. But that was Angdar's way: never afraid, never hesitant.

"There's more. Reports of a girl, escaping from the pyramid. Possibly wandering the streets of Legion World. Don't ask me why...yet...but I believe this is the more important item. We need to find her ASAP."

"You know this girl?"

"...maybe. I'm not entirely sure yet. But if I'm right, she is incredibly important to much grander games being played. Either by accident or purpose, she's landed here. She's a teenager, black hair, olive skin. And I suspect purple eyes. We need to find her."

Angdar was both wary of games being played yet pleased to be taken into Cobalt's confidence. "Why do I get the feeling you're about to tell me to keep this secret?"

Cobalt smiled an honest, wolffish grin. "For now, it's best if this one stays off the books." Then, pausing, his face became serious again. "I could really use your help."

Angdar nodded. "Then you'll have it. But eventually, I'd like answers."

As the two flew off, Angdar wondered what the hell have I often myself into now..?
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 12:44 AM
LMB Academy, Headmaster's Office

Val Armorr enters and sees Headmaster Paladin on the floor, disoriented.

"Anthony!" Val yells and takes a knee next to his friend. "Are you okay?"

"Mmm? Val?" Paladin says in a daze. "Dunno.....passed out, I guess."

Val is incredibly worried. "Crap! Have you had a check-up from Dr. Gym'll recently?"

"Yep....just last week. Flying colors and all that."

Val helps Paladin to his feet and drapes his friend's arm over his shoulder to help the shaky man walk. "I'm going to take you to Rond's lab. C'mon....easy does it...."

And the two make their way gingerly to see Rond Vidar.

What neither of them know yet, but would soon discover, is that Lardy's episode started and ended precisely with the appearance and disappearance of the pyramid.
Posted By: Ayla Ranzz Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 01:29 AM
Seeing Karate Kid and Paladin preparing to head into Legionnopolis, one of the Legion Academy's most recognized students jumps at the chance to speak up.

"Hey Prof! Mind if I catch a ride to the city?" asked Ayla Ranzz. She used just the right balance of being sweet and pushy.

"Ayla, now is not really the time," started Val.

"Aw, please? I'm dying to get in to see my brother while he's planet side."

Paladin, perhaps not wanting to delay any longer as he still felt a little thrown for a loop, decided there was no harm in it, as it was their day off. "It's okay Val. As long she promises to be back on premises before sundown and makes her own way home."

"You got it Prof!" she said enthusiastically. She hated playing the Ranzz sibling card; that was the reason she was so well known and it drove her crazy. She wanted to make her own way. Buuuuuuuut...sometimes in order to get what you want, you had to use the tools available.

Val, smiling since both he and Paladin liked Ayla a lot, added "we're leaving in 3 minutes."

Ayla ran off to grab a few things. Once she was out of earshot she said aloud "talk about timing! Off to the city we go!"

Hidden in Ayla's pocket, shrunken down to 6 feet, Salu "Shrinking Violet" Digby smiled widely.
Posted By: Rond Vidar Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 01:45 AM
LMB Academy, Rond Vidar's Office

Rond turn the key to his office at the Academy, an arm full of books and files.

(His vintage electronic key tuned over the electronic lock and he stepped from the noisy hall into his office)

Rond loved his office at the Academy. Nice and quiet and filled to the brim with omnicoms, omnipads, old fashioned paper files, random bits of different memory storage devices, and actual books that smelled like the fungus of the ancients.

The door slid shut behind him.

"ahhhhh" Much better than the lab with a load of eager graduate students asking questions.

He plopped his armful of files on the desk.

Rond loved his office. so quiet …

BLING!!!!blannnggg DINGCHIMESSSSSSRinnnggg!!!!!

"AHHH!!!!"

"AHHH!!!!"

It took Rond a second to remember he set these alarms! Especially with them all going off at once!

He pressed his time watch and then …

"ahhhhh silenncce"

"What alarms were those for again?" Rond was always setting alarms for himself to help him remember things and he was always hiding things to keep them safe so he wouldn't lose them but then … he always forgot where he hid them. Anyway …

Maybe he needed a vacation. With teaching at the Academy and his personal research and his special and ongoing projects … and keeping tabs on "cough" "gag" Harmonia .. he was super busy … even for his intellect.

Vacation? "BAH!" He said out loud.

HE'S NEVER BEEN HAPPIER!

now what were those alarms for … again ….

it came to him like an electric shock: "AH. The super danger time alarms!"

"Frack me." He bit his lip in true frustration.

Rond started to rush out of his office, he fished for his keys, stepped out of the door and locked it behind him. He started to run out towards whatever new time disturbance this was …

His foot was stuck on the floor. He lifted it up slowly … peeling it from the floor.

"What's that … ew GUM! Who even chews gum anymore."

Frackin kids these days … and he stalked off towards the time disturbance.

He checked his time watch to see where the disturbance was, where he was going ...

Posted By: Rond Vidar Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 02:01 AM
"Oh crap!"

If this is a super danger time circumstance ... Rond might need some equipment.

Rond went back into his office to rummage for tools.

The first thing he grabbed was a big canvas bag to shove lots of time baubles and gadgets ...

"new where was the ... "
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 02:42 AM
Suddenly, Rond's Omnicom flashes a message....

*breep*

Rond! Meet me and headmaster Paladin at your lab in Legionnopolis--STAT!

-Val

*breep*
Posted By: Rond Vidar Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 02:49 AM
Rond was digging through a bin of gadgets when …

*breep*

"Val … My lab … Yes that sounds like a good idea … a few things there to pick up too!"

Rond presses a button on his lapel.

Light spins around him and he disappears. Beaming him away to his lab ...

"Teleportation is easy time travel. It's like half time travel." He smirks to himself as he reappears in his large loft in Legionnopolis.

Big and small pieces of time equipment are littered around the huge open space. Rond always liked spaces like this, the old industrial space filled with state of the art time gadgets. It was outside of time … like himself.

Rond went to his control centre. "Better fire these up". He pulled a sheet away from a huge array of screens.

With an archaic push of a button … they lit up! Screens and panels lit up swirling around Rond … data on each of them flashing across the screens.

Rond processed the intense amount of information and data swirling around him with a thoughtful "hmmm."

Any other person might have a nervous breakdown, if they could understand it at all.

Rond fished for a pen … and tapped it on his lips … and then as if returned from a reverie:

"oh dear. They'll be here soon. I'd better put some tea on."
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 02:56 AM
A half hour later, Paladin and Val arrive at Rond's lab in Legionnopolis. Lardy is now walking under his own power but looks visibly drained.

"What's wrong with HM Pal, Val?" Rond inquires.

"Don't know, Rond, but he passed out earlier. He's had a clean bill of health, so I thought maybe your gadgets could scan his energies and the like."

Rond adjusts his glasses. "Certainly! Paladin, have you ever experienced something like what happened to you today?"

Paladin mutters, "yeah, something familiar. Can't put my finger on it..."

"Well, follow me over here," Rond directs. "Feel free to have some tea!"
Posted By: Rond Vidar Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 03:08 AM
"Have a seat." Rond said in a quiet way. Rond sat himself on a simple chair across from Paladin.

Oddly they chatted about simple things. Yet, small orbs full of sensors floated around Paladin surreptitiously taking readings … diagnosing Paladin.

Little did Val or Paladin know, the results and the readings from the sensor orbs where being transmitted to the inside of Rond's glasses. He was diagnosing Paladin while they chatted.

Finally a few whispered words. "What's this … what's this … almost Eqyptian …"

He reached out and touched Paladin, Paladin flinched a bit surprised at the unexpected gesture.

Micro sensors within Rond's finger prints took more information from Paladin's body to Rond's glasses.

Rond squeezed a bit on Paladin's arm, sucking in more data.

Finally Rond released him and Paladin took a long drink of tea.

"You're looking well Val" Rond said in an off hand way as he thought about what to say.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 03:11 AM
Beast Boy walked through the alley. He had followed the trail this far and thought he almost lost it in the overwhelming odor of the garbage strewn about.

"Nice try," he said.

A man bolted from behind a garbage pile and Beast Boy sighed. "Why do they always have to run?"

He glanced around quickly and his form began to change. Very quickly, an Omnibeast flew from the alley and arced towards its prey.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 03:21 AM
*interlude*

Back at the LMB Academy, Headmaster Paladin's office

A mysterious figure rifles thru Paladin's office and files looking for something unguessed. Paladin's security has somehow been completely circumvented by the figure. The figure completes the search within ten minutes and leaves no trace of their presence. Whether or not the search has borne the desired fruit is unknown....

*end interlude*
Kinetix swiveled around in her chair to face Invisible Brainiac. "Okay, now what, Chief? All available Security Officers are at the scene of where the pyramid WAS. Now what are they supposed to do?"

IB made a show of tapping his lips.She had told me things would be happening soon. And of the things I have to do to help Earth. But I can't tell anyone. Not even Blaze.. "Let's head on down there and see for ourselves. Come with?"

Kinetix smiled. "At last! All this coordination has been getting OLD!"

"Great. Blaze will meet us on the roof. Let's go."
Posted By: Rond Vidar Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 03:28 AM
Rond's Lab

Rond stood up swiftly and ran his fingers through his thick and messy hair.

"Hi" He said to Ayla, one of his students, noticing her for the first time. She was staring off in a corner.

She shyly waved a hello to Rond, a bit put off by being in her teacher's home. Teacher student relationships were always weird, for both sides.

Ayla, seemed to be standing apart, afraid to touch any of the exotic artifacts around, some seemed ancient some seemed from the far future.

Rond turned, speaking to Val. He always liked Val.

"it seems there were two major time anomalies this afternoon." Poor Rond was trying to impress Val.

"One … was the appearance of a large pyramid … the other …" He waved theatrically.

"… was around Paladin!"

"Fortunately, they appear to be localized in the time stream, so far, just a blip at a specific moment. The real mystery is wether this phenomenon is reoccurring and wether the connection is also reoccurring. Sorry, but there really is too little data at the moment to conclude more. "

Ayla, Val and Paladin all looked downcast.

… Rond concluded "It will take some time but I can run some probabilistics to determine if a) this extreme time event will reoccur and b) if it will remain connected to Paladin."

Ayla piped up impetuously … "but but … what do you think?"

Rond remembered to speak in the way he needed to speak to people. They always wanted answers but … science was always both/and … either/or …in certain cases yes … in others no. He hated making conclusions. It was the most un-science thing he could think of but … these were his friends and he had to advise them properly.

He spoke to all three "I think we are on the edge of a mystery, one that is connected to Paladin and I don't know how yet but I will find out, and I bet this is only the beginning."

"In the meantime, we are not without some tricks." Rond pulled out a few devices the size of ancient Roman coins. He tossed them to Paladin.

Paladin caught them gingerly.

"Keep these on you. They will keep you grounded to the present. Also, if it happens again they will give me some vital readings to help suss this puzzle out. "

"they should help with the nausea too!"

Posted By: Angdar Fel Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 03:29 AM
Angdar had split from Cobalt Kid and flew higher into the sky. He slowly moved allowing himself wider arcs from where the pyramid had been to search the surrounding area.

He trusted Cobalt Kid, everythign he had seen and heard of the man told him that he was worthy of his trust. He knew of the deceptions, but also understood that sometimes, not everyone needs to know everything.

Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 03:43 AM
"Well, it was awfully nice of the airline to put us in this hotel," Emily Sivana commented. The four of them were sitting at a table on the balcony of a pizza restaurant. Her three students had blank expressions, matched perfectly with the crisp white shirts of their school uniforms.

"Shouldn't we be trying to figure out what is going on? Something else else about a pyramid?" One of her students asked.

"As much as I would like to help, Thom, I was told to stay with my students," Emily replied.

Elysion asked, "Don't worry, Thom. It is probably just a publicity stunt."

"You really think so?" Thom asked in surprise.

The female student turned to Emily, "Speaking of Egypt, doesn't that girl look like she is from there?"

Emily looks down, "Indeed, Virus...we got to get you a better codename...but after we go down and see why she is dressed like this. Perhaps Elysion is right and this is some sort of publicity stunt."
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 03:43 AM
Rond's Lab

Paladin rolled his eyes and thought to himself, it wasn't nausea, egghead! But he didn't want to hurt Rond's feelings, so he kept quiet.

Then, as he processed what Rond had said, he snapped his fingers. In his excitement he dropped the 'coins' Rond had tossed him. "Time anomalies....temporal energy! THAT's why the sensation was familiar. Back when we took on Phineas during the Thyme Crime case, and I--"

Then, suddenly, Paladin disappeared.

Ayla spit out her tea. "Where'd the headmaster go?"

"Did he teleport?" Val speculated, nervously, already suspecting the answer.

Silently, Rond waved his hand in the space where Paladin had been and watched as data streamed in front of his eyes.

After an appropriate dramatic pause, Rond announced, "No....he's travelled thru time!"
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 03:43 AM
Cobalt spoke into his omni com. "Angdar. The girl. Wherever she is, it's somewhere where people are drinking booze. You check Shakes. I'll try my Lounge. Those are the two closest places."

Angdar prepared to simply say 'alright' but the intel was too odd for him not to say anything. "You seem sure. A weird supposition."

He could almost see Cobalt smiling on the other end. "The planet told me so."

Angdar didn't reply. Cobalt is more than a little eccentric...
"You know, IB, there's something weird about the pyramid," Blaze mused.

"You mean, besides it appearing and disappearing like an open bottle of silverale in front of Hrun?"

Blaze rolled his eyes. "I mean, it looks different from the ones we saw back on Earth. It's definitely in the Egyptian style, but..."

IB's heart skipped a beat. He thought only a handful of individuals would have known or noticed. What she told me is right... Maybe it's starting."

"Maybe this pyramid is from Meroe in Sudan. Or from a group of pyramids besides Giza or Abu Simbel. But you're right, that's a good observation. I'll have Marvin look into it."

"Already had someone save copies of the holos," Kinetix smiled.

"Good. Now, let's go get some organization going." IB switched on the channel to address all Security Officers. "Outdoor Miner, Kairos, head to my location please. Space Ranger, Arachne, Caliente, please lead crowd control."

I'd better keep Kairos close by. Her time powers may be helpful... and who knows if she'll be affected by this?"
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 04:10 AM
Rond's Lab

"Well?" Val presses, "Where has Anthony gone, Rond?"

"'Where' is irrelevant--the correct question is 'when'!" Rond corrects Val, to the other's annoyance. Then, Rond pauses. "Well, actually, 'where' could be relevant because of Paladin's teleportational capabilities. Theoretically, this would enable Paladin to travel in space and time, assuming his own power would react involuntarily...or even thru the guidance of some unseen hand or--"

"ROND!" Val yells and shakes Rond to snap him out of his revelries. "Do you have something that can find him or NOT?!?!"

Rond looks shocked for a moment, then smiles. "Why, of course I do! Why didn't you say so before?"

Val face-palms himself.

"Now where is the--"

Suddenly, a flash and a voice says, "--was able to see and do stuff with time...even took ol' Phinny out in the end!"

Ayla yells, "Headmaster Paladin!"

"Yeah?" Paladin replies. "Say, how'd you guys move to different places so fast?"

Suddenly, Paladin feels a powerful wave of nausea roll through him, and he vomits. Unfortunately, Val had run right up to his friend and ends up with the contents of Paladin's stomach all over him.

"Oh. Now I'm nauseous!" Paladin says with a smirk and then collapses to the floor.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 04:32 AM
A few minutes later, Paladin wakes up on Rond's couch.

"You okay, Anthony?" Val greets him.

"Yeah, val. Er...you shoulda seen the other guy. Sorry about my barf all over you."

"Not the first time," Val winks.

Rond interjects abruptly, "so you travelled forward in time twelve minutes and thirty seconds. I assume it's because of some residual energy from your previous incident."

"Makes sense," Val adds.

"In fact looking over the data, I think you time-travelled the first time precisely when a pyramid appeared in Legionnopolis."

"Pyramid?" Lardy says without comprehension. "What's he talking about?"

"There was a pyramid that appeared and quickly disappeared right when you had your first spell," Ayla explains.

"In fact, my chronometer had some interesting additional findings," Rond adds. "It seems you've got a total of three hours, nine minutes, thirty eight seconds of missing time."

"What do you mean?" Val presses.

"What I mean is that headmaster Paladin spent some time somewhere and somewhen else. In other words, he didn't travel immediately from point A to point B as we all apparently witnessed, complete with him apparently finishing his sentence. Between your two travels, you aged over three hours."

"But....I don't remember being any other place...or time."

"That is....worrisome," Rond decides. "For now, I've made a necklace out of the special 'coins' I gave you. They should keep you in the here and now."

"What's next?" Val presses.

"More tests of course!" Rond is practically ebullient.

A trio of groans greet him in reply.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 05:48 PM
The Beacon, Legionnopolis

Legion World’s finest dining establishment, the Beacon, was enjoying a very busy night. It would take a minimum of 45 minutes to be seated and reservations were highly recommended. But anyone who had ever been to the Beacon before should already know that.

Among the many patrons, tucked away in the back, were two famous citizens of Legion World: the Legionnaires Shark Lad and Oracle, also known as Lolita. They were enjoying a date night out together—their first in quite awhile—and were purposely “tucked away” so Shark Lad didn’t have to be too near any of the other patrons. He was in a handsome black suit, though he looked incredibly uncomfortable wearing it.

Lolita, of course, knew he was wearing it to make her happy since she ordered it for him. She was in a sexy black cocktail dress with 4 and ½ inch stiletto heels. For a long time now…too long…she had been caught up in some of the spy work she did on the side which Shark Lad pretended not to notice or be concerned about. This dinner was long overdue. And thus far, it was going great. He was cracking jokes in his usual gruff way and she was laughing at every one, as her eyes sparkled beautifully and stared into his.

They were both lucky to have one another, and each of them thought that a lot. Yet…lately their mutual business was causing a strain on their relationship. Neither would ever use the cringe-worthy phrase “working on their relationship” but that was what they were doing.

And so it was with this setting that Cobalt Kid promptly ruined their date night as he strolled into the Beacon in his LMB issue uniform, disrupting everyone’s dinner as they stopped mid conversation to follow him with their eyes, and approached Lolita and Shark Lad’s table.

“Oh Cripes, here we go…” muttered Shark Lad as Cobalt walked towards them.

Lolita simply sighed deeply, unable for the minute to find the words.

“Sharky…Lolita…really sorry to interrupt,” he said. He was sorry, of course—but not *that* sorry. “Something else else has come up.” Now, turning to Lolita specifically, he added “I could really use your skills Lolita.”

Lolita looked at Sharky, feeling embarrassed and then back to Cobie feeling angry. “Couldn’t this wait, Cobie?”

“Not really,” replied Cobalt, either missing the not-so-subtle hint or simply choosing to ignore it. “There’s been an odd disturbance in downtown Legionnopolis. A pyramid appeared out of nowhere, and then suddenly—“

“Yeah, we got the memo, Cobie,” interrupted an annoyed Shark Lad. “I’m a Security Officer, remember? Zoe sent me the update when it all happened. But I ignored it. ‘Cuz I’m off duty!” he roared the final words, emphasizing the point.

Cobalt took a second to respond, perhaps biting his tongue or perhaps feeling guilty and then deciding to press on anyways. “Understood,” he said simply to Shark Lad. “And I’m sorry, Sharky, I really am. There’s an added complication to it all, and it really can’t wait. A girl is running around Legion World and she needs to be found before…someone else finds her.”

“With this guy its always a girl,” muttered Sharky.

Lolita sighed again. She looked at Cobie and her eyes said it all. You’re killing me. And its not fair.

He didn’t show any change in expression but she could see in his eyes he was saying I’m sorry…but this is important.

“Can we please finish dinner first?” she said.

“Sure,” said Cobalt and then unable to help himself, added “justice always has time to wait for the main course.”

Shark Lad moved to sit up and Cobalt held up his hand, smiling. “I’m kidding. Here is the file that I put together which will tell you all you need to know and what is to be done. I appreciate your help on this, I really do.”

And as abruptly as he entered, he suddenly turned to exit and began to walk away. However, a few steps later he turned around. “I’m sorry Lolita,” he said. He truly meant it. “I…I didn’t know who else to ask…” he added.

That was all it took for Lolita to feel better and she nodded.

It only made Shark Lad more angry, though.
Posted By: Ayla Ranzz Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/28/14 05:58 PM
Rond Vidar’s Lab

Ayla Ranzz sat there, half amused and half-terrified that she just saw her headmaster upchuck on her martial arts instructor.

Deep in her pocket, Vi whispered “if you laugh, it’s your ass, y’know. Don’t screw this up.”

Vi didn’t think Paladin or Karate Kid were that vindictive but she didn’t feel like finding out. She considered if maybe now was a good time for her and Vi to bail and go have a little fun in Legionnopolis. She still wanted to—real bad—but she had to admit this whole time travel ordeal had her really curious.

I may have found myself accidently pulled into my first LMB mission… she thought. I can’t pass up this opportunity!

“Hey Doc,” she said to Rond Vidar. “How come you have all this stuff on Power Boy?” She saw a litany of files, both digital and print, on his desk that pertained to the current LMB Leader.

“Ms. Ranzz, you do realize that is all confidential? You aren’t snooping are you?”

“Er, of course not,” she said. She looked around, wondering what she could do. And then suddenly, she felt the oddest sensation. Her electrical powers, which she had been used to using on a regular basis for years, started to act funny. She was too in control of them to let them go off on their own, but she felt like there were “frizzing” a little. As if some energy was drawing them in a specific direction. Looking up, she saw they were being pulled towards Paladin.

“Hey Prof,” she said. “You feeling weird at all again? ‘Cuz my powers are acting funny. Being part of the electro-magnetic thingamajig—“

“—Field—” corrected Rond

“—Right, field, maybe their reacting to you?”

Paladin concentrated for a moment but replied “well if they are, the coins are doing their job for the moment…I’m not going anywhere…” and then, taking another minute, “…though I do feel something odd…”

And suddenly, to all of their shock, a 6 foot Velociraptor suddenly appeared right in the middle of them all!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/29/14 01:50 AM
As the beast sized the lot of them up and prepared to lunge at any moment, Val sprung into action, flinging Rond over to Paladin in such a way that Val knew they would overturn the couch Paladin was on and provide both with momentary cover.

Then he barked at Ayla, "now! Give him all you've got!"

Her astonishment broken by her instructor's wake-up call, Ayla blasted the velociraptor with the biggest electrical charge she could muster on short notice. Unfortunately, the was in mid-leap when the blast reached it. With the creature momentarily ungrounded, the field had very little effect. As it was, Ayla was barely able to dodge the monster and unfortunately was stunned when she hit her head on some equipment. (Still hidden in Ayla's pocket, Vi was knocked out cold.)

The monster drooled and was about to lunge for her throat when it felt a tug. It turned to see Val grabbing hold of its tail. Before it could react, Val used his expertise with leverage to throw the animal across the room away from Ayla and from Lardy and Rond.

It recovered quickly and took this strange human's measure, pondering its next move. Val had his hands extended, watching the creature's movements carefully to anticipate its next lunge. He guessed perfectly and dodged the swift creature a millisecond before it connected. It moved so fast that it careened hard into the far side of the lab, shattering much valuable equipment to Rond's dismay.

As it took a moment to recover, Paladin ambled to his feet. He had great faith in his friend, but he wasn't altogether sure that martial arts would prevail against as unholy a beast as this one. Paladin gathered all of his strength and hoped against hope that he could build something up that was strong enough to do any damage. But as the creature again charged Val, barely a spark came out of his hands.

But as Val prepared to dodge the creature again--it disappeared, only about two steps away from its target.

"FUCK!" Paladin yelled in relief and exasperation.

"'Fuck' indeed," Val repeated back with bemusement. "It seems we've gotten out of the frying pan and into the fryer."

Posted By: Rond Vidar Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/29/14 05:04 PM
"Excellent" Rond said as he crawled on the floor stretching out his hands looking for his glasses. Someone needs to make glasses that don't fall off He thought.

The funny thing is Rond didn't look the least bit scared, for a guy with no powers he always seemed fearless.

"Just fantastic!" He said again.

Val asked "Did you hit your head?"

Seemingly absent minded Rond turned his attention to his computer screens .. streams of different colored data flowed over them all … one looked like a collection of numbers in the shape of the velociraptor.

"no, no help there …"

"BUT!"

"yes …. "

"Couldn't have happened in a better place, i've got all my sensors here just waiting to collect data! ha!" Rond squealed.

Rond's head snapped around to the disheveled Ayla (who was fishing around in her pocket) and the dumbfounded and increasingly frustrated Paladin. Val looked serene as he always was when near or in a battle.

"COME ON, The games afoot!"

Rond moved to rush out of the front door, when Paladin grabbed him firmly by the arm. "What .. are … you … talking .. about."

Rond took a moment to take in the scene, they looked like they had just been in a fight, the sofa was still turned over. Rond's brain had always jumped ahead of others but after years of studying time the connections his brain made were often not linear and of complex patterns only he could make out. Even Brainiac Five had trouble following his conclusions when it came to time travel. But Rond was likable, the clumsy super nerd … kind … and not the least bit arrogant … well, not on purpose.

Finally Rond took a breath and said "Look, you …" He said to Paladin and pointed at one of the screens … a vague figure of Paladin composed of numbers and formulas .. who knows what they meant … but everyone could make out that it was Paladin … pink dots littered the image of Paladin.

"dinosaur" Rond said and pointed to another screen, the figure of the velociraptor .. again with pink fluctuating dots.

Rond hit the keys on table in front of the array of screens. A huge pyramid flashed on the largest screen. "Today … same chrono tampered signature. pink dots."

"There are a few ways to manipulate time or the time stream, all require vast amounts of energy … except for … well … that's confidential … to be published in May … anyway, as well as the fluctuation in the time stream in a localized manner … we can also trace the type of energy used to fuel the time travel. Sometimes, it's easier than trying to match of the chrono signatures, especially if one has travelled through time several times in the recent past."

Val cocked his head to the side as if to say get to the point.

"Pyramid, Paladin, Velociraptor. All related to each other. "

"What's more" Rond pointed to another floating screen, whenever he pointed to a screen that one floated forward and the others receded . There must be about a dozen all dancing through the air back and forth as Rond made his points. A few tiny spheres floated about Rond as well, and they seemed very interested in Paladin … popping over to him like flies to take occasional readings.

The screen with the pyramid floated forward and appeared to actually grow in size .. .it showed the pyramid from earlier in the day … Rond touched his index finger and thumb together .. and the view zoomed in on the pyramid.

"THERE!" Rond pointed again … a small female figure strode through the street making progress away from the pyramid. Rond wiggled his left index finger and the scene changed from the satellite image to a series of numbers in the shape of the young women … she was surrounded by fluctuating pink dots … the energy signature that connected Paladin, the Pyramid, even the velociraptor and .. her.

"We've got to find that woman. Toot suite. Before she tampers with time again."

"Alonzy! Time is of the essence." Rond said as they gathered their things, he didn't seem aware he had made a pun.

The four of them (five with Vi) made haste to the legion hover car.

No one noticed the crunch under Paladin's boots, the coins Rond had given him to stabilize his form in the present had fallen off in the fight and lay on the floor.

Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/29/14 05:56 PM
New Road, Legionopolis

The girl had moved away as quickly as she came and Emily was glad to see her leave. Some areas of the city had been more affected than others, and Emily decided it would be best for them to be as far away from where the pyramid was as possible. They were walking down a busy shopping district. She thinks,I do not want anything to happen to these children. I fear what would happen to me if any of them got harmed.

Virus stopped inside the entrance a store and bought a parasol. She hated the sun and wanted to keep her skin pale, as was the recent fashion on Earth. Emily heads to the back of the store to see if they have anything she likes. Thom sighs as he fears that they will end up buying a bunch of stuff and Elysion and himself will be forced to carry her packages. He looks around and notices that Elysion is nowhere to be seen.

"Um, Virus, have you seen Elysion?" He asked.

Virus does not even look up from the items she is examining. She replies, "He told me he needed to make a phone call and would meet us in a few minutes."

"Did he tell Ms. Sivana?" Star Boy asks.

Virus replies, "I don't think so. We better find him before he gets into trouble."

The two of them feel a small tremor and hold on to the frame of the door. They looked at each other and realized that trouble had already began. They walked outside and down the street, turned right and saw that Elysion was face to face with what appears to be an army of Ancient Greek hoplites, separated by a crack in the Earth.

"That was quite a startle--ugh--they aren't here! Why can't they use common sense and stay together?" Emily said. She grabbed her things and raced after her students.
Posted By: Ayla Ranzz Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/31/14 07:59 PM
As the crew of Paladin, Karate Kid, Rond Vidar, Ayla and Vi took the streets of Legion World, the tini Legion Academy student in Ayla's pocket suddenly started coming too.

"Ugh..." she moaned, then adding angrily..."WHAT THE FUCK?!!"

Both Paladin and Karate Kid stopped mid-step, though Rond gingerly continued on. "Salu?" asked Paladin, curiously.

Vi looked up and Ayla's face had a sheepish expression on it.

"Hello, Ms. Digby," said Val. "We're glad you're unharmed."

"Visiting our brother, eh Ayla?" said Paladin. "Or partying all night in downtown Legionnpolis?"

"Well, you see, uh..." began Ayla.

"She's a liar," said Vi with a wicked smile, enjoying ribbing her paramour. "But she's damn cute, isn't she? What's the use Ayla, we're caught now."

"And maybe you need to get back to the Academy ASAP," replied Paladin.

"Aw c'mon, Prof! Look around us!" she said, as they noticed the general chaos in the streets. "You could use us! We'll follow orders and stay out of your way. We've come this far with you..."

Paladin looked at Val, who shrugged. They were both thinking the same thing. It could be a useful learning experience. So long as it didn't get too out of hand.

"Okay," said Paladin. "For a little while at least. Now here did Rond get off to...?"

"Up here!" yelled a voice about a block ahead of them. "And hurry! There appears to be a Spartan Army heading my way!"
Posted By: Rond Vidar Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 03/31/14 10:15 PM
Angry and confused Spartans moved towards Rond, swords out:

Rond had his (suped up and smaller than standard) Omnicom out and tapped at it with an electronic pen ... he absentmindedly grabbed one before they left but wasn't sure if it was the sonic pen or the laser pen ... "meh. Need to invent a new one anyway."

oh well ... he was never a fighter ... oddly he was very fit but not good at fist fights.

SO ... Rond hoped over a fence ... " 1.45 seconds" before a bolt of lightning knocked out three of the nearest Spartans.

"BRING IT ON!!!!!!" Came from a voice that sounded like one of his worst students ... Vi.

Rond crouched down on the other side of a fence while what sounded like small fists and feet struck Spartans ...

"Hmmm" Rond said, distracted from his calculations for once "Maybe Vi has other talents."

"heh heh."

Rond went back to the display on his pad, he circled some locations on a map "Shakes? nah …"

These time disturbances all over were making sensible calculations or conclusions about their nature or any pattern to them, impossible …Rond laughed, excited at the challenge, and said "well … nearly impossible "

He tapped away in rapid fire at his Omnicom while the wild sounds of a pitched battle came from just beyond the flimsy fence he leaned against.
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/01/14 12:22 AM
Thom and Virus walk towards by Elysion, glancing at the hoplites every so often. A few of the hoplites look at the crack, as if they want to cross to the other side. A man who appears to be their leader shouts something, and the men resume their positions. Elysion stares blankly at them, and the others are afraid this could of ended badly if they didn't show up in time.

"What do you think you are doing?" Thom asked.

Elysion shrugs, "They were attacking that shop over there and I stopped them."

"Could you...um...please move it back the way it was before Ms. Sivana shows up?" Virus wearily smiles.

Elysion asks, "Thom, could you make the soldiers lighter? That would cause less damage then putting the ground back together."

"Sorry, my gravitational powers only work one way. I remember our friend Spy said that the Legion Academy has a student named Light Lass who could go that, but she isn't here right now. I can however, use my powers to hold everything in the surviving area in place while you do some terraforming," Thom explains.

Elysion nods his head and focuses his power on the crack in the ground. Slowly the ground moves and Thom quickly pushes gravity hard so everything in a 25 feet radius does not move while Elysion has the new plates collide. This helps to minimize any shock-waves in the surrounding area.

Elysion removes his grasp and the area is almost as it was before he moved it out of place. Thom looks exhausted and the hoplites look utterly astonished by what they have just seen. The commander slowly walks in front of them. He says some words, but nobody present could understand what he meant.

Fortunately, at that very moment Emily caught up to them. She looks very upset and puzzled at what is going on. She walks up slowly to her students and gives them a glare.

She asks, "So were you right Elysion, is this an elaborate publicity stunt?"

He says softly, "I don't think so, Ms. Sivana. They do not speak any language I understand."

She quickly takes out the translator piece and places it in her ear. She walks up to the commander, who repeats what he said before.

He said in Greek, "I am Pyrrhus of Epirus, I beseech you, deities as you are, to accept our obedience. We keep your temples and offerings. You must be some form of Aphrodite."

At that point Emily quickly turned her translator off and said, "That is it, I'm calling for help. I suppose we should keep talking to them so that they will stay out of trouble."
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/08/14 02:02 AM
Paladin waded right into the thick of the Spartans, his sword drawn and engaging multiple assailants. He relished the opportunity to fight such skilled warriors. In fact, these were among the best opponents he'd ever faced, certainly better than anyone at the old Lard Monastery.

"Don't kill these guys!" he yelled as he parried a blow. "Other than it generally being frowned upon by LMB Code, there's no telling how badly history could be altered if any of these guys don't make it back in one piece!"

Shouldn't have to fight these guys for long. They should disappear in another minute or less judging by the length of the other disturbances.

Paladin grinned as two more lunged for him, one with a sword, another with a spear. He maneuvered perfectly to duck the sword while kicking the swordsman in the mid-section and whirled to cut the other's spear in half in the same smooth motion.

My skills are sharper than I'd feared after so little combat experience of late. Haven't even used my powers, yet! I hope Lash is nearby--I know the sight of all these naked and near-naked ripped dudes would set his heart a-flutter! And I hope Cobie's--

At the thought of his friend, Paladin suddenly froze for a split-second. He was going to complete the thought of how much Cobie's interest in history and combat would make this a nigh-orgasmic experience for him. Instead, thinking of his friend, he got the worst feeling Cobie was in dire straits.

That split-second nearly cost Paladin his life in the form of a sword through the heart, but he instinctively threw up a force field just in the nick of time. Paladin raised his sword to disarm the assailant, but instead saw the Spartan drop his sword and yell "HALT!" at the top of his lungs. Stranger still, Paladin recognized the word even though he spoke not a word of any form of ancient Greek or whatever exact language Spartans spoke. He checked to make sure that he'd not brought along his universal translator. He hadn't.

At the Spartan's beckoning, every single Spartan stopped his attack and turned toward where the order had been barked.

The Spartan who'd nearly killed him then shocked Paladin by kneeling before him. Again, in the strange tongue that Paladin should never have been able to understand, the man said, "Spartans! Before me stands the great Anotaylus, son of the Dark Lord Priapus!"

Paladin's jaw dropped, even more so as he heard the collective gasp of the others, followed by their reciprocal kneeling.

"Forgive us, great Anotaylus! Unlike your dread father, you are a great friend of Sparta! We knew not that we were now in your realm! Please forgive our trespasses!"

Before Paladin could think of something to say in response, the Spartans suddenly shimmered and disappeared.

Now, what the FUCK was that all about?!?
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/12/14 04:35 PM
The three teenagers were curious about the soldiers and they in turn were curious about them. They saw the two young men as sons of Poseidon, and the young woman as Persephone herself. They had never been treated like this in their lives. Meanwhile, Emily sent a message to headquarters.

Emily said, "We need to find a way to send them back. Please get Exnihil, I know he has the technology we need."

"Would it not be a good idea to have an army at our command?" Elysion asked.

"Forgive my student, his parents were villains who supported Earthgov," Emily apologized.
Posted By: Power Boy Robot Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/12/14 09:57 PM
The New Time Institute: The moon Ymir orbiting Saturn

Harmonia stood in her white lab coat. The room was dark except for a single enormous screen that depicted events in the Time Stream.

It was more like a Time Solar System rather than a Time Stream per se in physical actuality but ... humans always had a limited awareness of the universe.

Her arms were folded under her breasts and her hair pulled back into a low loose bun. No one else was on her new Time Institute. She was still getting it set up, perhaps the others didn't even know it existed yet, she hadn't told them. Circadia Senius had taken a group to the Time Institute on Earth. She was all to herself ... just as she preferred.

Harmonia thought a new name might be appropriate, the Centre for Time ... the Centre of Time ...

She smirked to herself, that sounded right to her often arrogant sense of self. Well she had every reason to be arrogant.

But now something on the screen caused the lines around her eyes to tighten.

So little of the equipment was set up, it had taken so long to get this rebuilt after the fall of Titan. The destruction of the Telepath's planet had disrupted the gravity and position of all of Saturn's moons and she had to wait for the region to resettle. However, the focused gravity of Saturn's rings made this the ideal location for observing time phenomena.

Harmonia did not frighten easily, or thrill easily, or rise to any emotion not after her many may years of life.

But THIS ... this was curious ...

Then the screen went blank! As if bereft of power.

A chill went through this ancient woman as she stood, now alone and in the dark.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/15/14 05:30 PM
En Route to Medicus Two

“As the Space-Ambulance raced through the skies of Legion World, one of the two EMT’s within was scrambling; he was taking tests, hooking up devices and finding himself on the verge of a panic. The gunshot wound—with a Dominator laser blaster—was among the worst wounds he’d ever seen where the victim managed to somehow live.

“Relax Pete,” said Sam Pureheart, who was sitting on a bench a few feet away. Amazingly, Sam was relaxed and composed. He was even smiling.

“Are you nuts?!” yelled Pete, the younger EMT who had recently came to Legion World. “This guy probably has no chance in hell—“

“You’re still not thinking like a Legion Worlder, Pete,” said Sam with a laugh. “This guy is no ordinary vic. This is Cobalt Kid. You know, legendary hero and all that…” he added, rolling his eyes at the last part. The long-standing friction between Sam Pureheart and Cobalt Kid were lost on Pete the EMT. “There’s a reason he lived. There’s also a reason that against all odds, he’s actually doing better right now than he was when we loaded him in.”

Pete, frowning, stepped back and took into view the body of Cobalt Kid laying on the gurney. It took him a moment to catch signs of it, but it was true. He was stabilizing somehow. Even his breathing was turning normal again.

“Healing factor,” said Sam, answering Pete’s unspoken question. “LMBers are notoriously hard to kill.”

Pete looked at Cobalt Kid and could see he was in tremendous pain, though consciousness loomed out of reach. His face was grimacing, as if thoughts were racing through his mind that were causing him incredible confusion and hurt. “I think he’s trying to speak, Sam.”

“You can probably take the respirator off,” said Sam, somewhat curious about Cobalt might have to say. As of this moment, who was attacker was remained a mystery though all signs pointed to an obscure former employee of his named Elle.

Pete removed the respirator and immediately they could hear Cobalt mumbling. He was talking aloud, as if he was talking in his sleep. Yet his words came sharp and erratic, as if he was in a shouting match with someone.

“Any idea what he’s saying?” asked Sam, leaning forward.

“I…I think I can make out a few words…” said Pete, leaning closer to Cobalt. And as he listened, he found he could.

“T-Time War…” said Cobalt softly. “Time War. Time War. Time War.” He kept repeating it. Pete suddenly felt a chill run up his spine. Then Cobalt changed his words abruptly. “Keep it safe. Keep it secret. Into the blue. Into the blue. Into the blue.”

Despite seeing all kinds of blood and gore throughout his EMT career, Pete felt a nauseous, terrifying feeling creeping into his very soul at these words. To comfort himself more than Cobalt, he spoke to him. “E-Easy there, Cobalt, sir…easy there. No one is here. Just us.”

Cobalt’s eyes suddenly opened up wide and Pete jumped back, letting out a yelp. “I need instructions,” said Cobalt in a dead serious manner. “I need instructions about the blue,” he said. And then a confused, disheveled face reappeared as he began to lose unconsciousness again.

“Instructions from who?!” yelled Pete, unsure of what was happening.

“Fr-From the pl-planet…” whispered Cobalt. “From the planet,” he repeated, and he dosed again.

Pete felt his heart-racing just as he felt a stillness in the air. He turned to Sam with wide eyes.

Sam shrugged. “Sounds like crazy talk to me,” he said matter-of-factly. “Guy is full of drugs and on the verge of death. Probably seeing things. Or maybe he’s crazy. I’ve heard that about Cobalt before.”

Pete turned back towards Cobalt. Talk to the planet? he thought. Crazy talk.
Posted By: Power Boy Robot Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/19/14 10:31 AM
Harmonia briskly walked through the streets of Legion World.

Her flat shoes hit the pavement with a pat pat pat

She wouldn't let anyone see her run, and she didn't sweat but her eyes betrayed her ... as did her frantic looks from side to side. She was searching for something.

"I have to get to the time disturbance. Where is the source ... where is the source ... is it a place ... an object ... ?"

She spoke out loud to herself, a very rare show of disturbance.

Her omnicom made a BREEP

"A fluctuation in the time stream. Just around the corner ... down this alley."

Harmonia peered down a narrow alley, the lights flickered, the time disturbances had played havok with the city services.

What she saw gave her pause.

[Linked Image]

"HHHHHHHH" Harmonia gasped and her hands went to cover her face.

Moments later the image faded away as if it had never been there.

"Disaster Boy? What have I done?"

Harmonia Li, the immortal ice queen fell to her knees.
Posted By: Rond Vidar Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/20/14 04:06 AM
Rond looked at the scene, Spartans all disappeared. Ayla and Vi looked a bit stunned, Val looked calm as ever and Paladin was dumbstruck and frustrated.

"The time disturbance is not the only thing amiss here. It seems the disturbance is like an open door, attracting other travelers from from the multiverse drawing some in its net but also allowing for easy time and dimensional travel."

"In fact, there is an incoming signal nearby. several in face ... it is difficult to separate those related to one disturbance or another."

"I would need to be in my lag to untangle them. I'm sorry but there is so much unusual time and dimensional data all around it is impossible to determine our next move."
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/20/14 04:23 AM
Reflecto
[Linked Image]

Energy Boy
[Linked Image]

"Stella ... are you sure we should be doing this ... maybe we should go back to the Academy .. where its safe."

Stella Ah Reflecto replied in an off hand manner "You're never going to be a Legionnaire with that attitude."

Energy Boy commented "I just mean, we should leave it to the professionals, stay out of the way ... I'm sure they have everything under control."

Reflecto turned "Power Boy chose us for his advanced academy training fellowship! He wants us to be Legionnaires soon! And with him out of action ... it's up to us to make sure things are right while he's gone. Power Boy believed in us. I won't let him down."

Energy Boy relented and followed Refelcto quietly "ok ok ok ... but if we end up dead, don't say I didn't warn you."

It was dark and quiet in the epicentre of Legion World now, whatever was happening had messed with the electricity and residents had been ordered to evacuate. It went from dead silent to loud noises heard off in the distance from moment to moment.

Reflecto always wanted to go in the direction of the noises ... well not everyone had a force field ... but then the noises only lasted for a few moments and then it was silent ... they were getting lost changing in direction from loud noises to other loud noises.

Reflecto was getting frustrated "FRACK!!! Again a wild goose chase ... what is going on!"

when ... KRACKOW!!!!!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/20/14 04:59 AM
Reflecto had just been struck by lightning.

She turned ... confused ... good thing she had her force field up.

Energy Boy was a bit blinded from the blast but unhurt and he instinctively stood behind Reflecto and she instinctively stood in front of him. They had been practicing at the Academy learning to work as a team. Reflecto was the short range brawler and Energy Boy was the long rand distance attacker.

What Reflecto saw made her mouth drop.

Older adult versions of Saturn Girl ... but even more slutty ... Cosmic Boy but ... with a greasy goatee ... and not one but two Lightning Lads ... one with red hair and one with white hair ...looked more like Mekt and Garth Ranzz ... and two others behind them ... a blond woman who wore a Sun Boy costume and ... a muscular man of an African appearance wearing little ... except a metal mask.

They seemed like perverted versions of the Legionnaires they knew ... the seemed so sinister even just by their facial expressions. And then there was the fact that Reflecto had just been struck by lightning .. one of the Lightning Lord's hands still krackling with energy.

Reflecto was scared. And she was quite brave. Foolishly brave at most times.

"Energy Boy.." she whispered ... "run, run now." and she dug in her heel ready to charge the six adult attackers.

"ENERGY BALL AWAY!!!!!!" Energy boy shouted and a huge glowing ball of energy flew from his right hand like a base ball ...

It burst in the air in front of the evil Legionnaires.

"KABAMMMMM!!!!!"

It stopped short of it's target, as the evil Cosmic Man raised his hands in defense to create a magnetic force field, but it still left a blinding flash of light and force.

Energy Boy grabbed Reflecto's arm forcefully "COME ON!"

By the time the air cleared ... Reflecto and Energy Boy had run .. with a head start of only a few minutes but a thankful few minutes ... that might make the difference whether they lived or died.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/21/14 05:54 AM
Reflecto and Energy Boy ran in a haphazard directionless manner, they tried to lose their pursuers ... evil versions of the most famous Legionnaires.

...BUT ... They always seemed to find them, to be one step ahead of our young Academy members.

This time was worse though, they had run out of places to turn, run out of alleys to run down.

They were surrounded.

The two Lightning Lords were in front of them glowing and krackling with the power of the storm.

The blazing woman called Inferno was approaching from their left, they could feel the heat from her firey form already.

On the right, the metal masked sonic manipulator stood, his massive muscular physique barring their way.

Behind them, the final two and the most scary marched towards them.

Reflecto tried to cover Energy Boy but they were surrounded and it was a futile effort. Energy Boy nervously tapped his fingers together ... energy blasts at the ready. The young guy looked about to cry.

The tall blonde woman, the evil Saturnyn Queen spoke, her cape and Cosmos King trailing behind her.

"Children, children" she said "You can not run from me. I am a telepath." she giggled in a sing song manner as if chastising five year olds.

Energy Boy and Reflecto both felt their bodies relax, despite their minds falling greater and greater into panic ... they couldn't move. Saturnyn Queen held them with her power ... and reached up and held Reflecto's face in her hands.

"Now child, what can you tell me about this world?"

Saturnyn Queen's power delved into Reflecto's mind.

"no ... no ... " Reflecto squeeked.

Saturnyn Queen smiled like a snarling rat "Yessss, please resist, it will make it more painful for you."

Posted By: Power Boy Robot Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/21/14 06:17 AM
Harmonia Li stood in the shadows watching the horrid scene unfold before her.

This would not do, no, no it wouldn't.

She had no idea who these people were but she had a good idea, a good idea it was connected to her vision of Disaster Boy.

Time itself was in disarray. The dimensions and alternate timelines were in danger of over lapping. Of happening simultaneously. The absence, the opposite of time.

Harmonia stepped out of the shadows, revealing herself.

"Unhand them. Those are mine." She said in her most imperious manner ... which for Harmonia was quite imperious.

She snapped her hand at Reflecto and Energy Boy to join her as if calling to puppies.

The six combatants were dumbfounded, so unexpected was this that Saturnyn Queen lost her hold on Reflecto and Energy Boy ... the two young academy members hurried over behind Harmonia Li, nearly hiding behind her lab coat ... almost as under Harmonia's power, Harmonia's charisma, as they were under Saturnyn Queen's mental dominance.

Saturnyn Queen snapped her mouth shut, sighed, shooked her frustrated head and said:

"Who are you?" in a tone that icy would be insufficient to describe.

Something else else seemed to come over Harmonia, as Saturnyn Queen not so subtley attempted to delve Harmonia's brain.

Reflecto could have sworn she saw a glow around Harmonia ... and Harmonia Li said with a voice not quite her own ... as she stared out from her eyes, also not quite her own.

"My name is Harm. And these are mine."

"H H H arm?" Saturnyn Queen mumbled ... "Is it really you? We ... we had no idea you were here as well ... Didn't recognize you for a moment ... had no idea ... "

"Very well, take them of course." "We were just going." Saturnyn Queen recovered, not quite scared, this woman was never scared, much like our Imra Ardeen but she was worried and taken aback, unsettled, unsettled in a woman who usually settled her life very well.

Saturnyn Queen turned to the others in her group, all of them seemed to have backed off a few feet ... they all each and every one of them shuffled their feet in a slow retreat.

There were no more words said by the evil Legionnaires they just walked backwards shuffling away as if there had been much more said, much more decided.

"BY MY LEAVE." Harmonia Li growled.

After a few moments, the three were alone, Reflecto and Energy Boy confused and still scared, Harmonia Li still standing quietly watching the direction in which the evil LSH had gone.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/21/14 08:37 AM
The trio walked briskly when finally Reflecto asked

"Who's Harm? What was that back there?"

Harmonia Li paused and reflected on whether she should answer or not.

"As you may have guessed those people where not from around here, nor this time nor this dimension. Harm is the name of my doppleganger from their timeline and home dimension. I suspect the future timeline that Disaster Boy is/was from. A terrible place where good is evil where evil has conquered the galaxy under the heel of the [i]Syndicate of Ultra Criminals[i/], led by Saturnyn Queen and Cosmos King ... twisted versions of our own Legion"

The golden Reflecto pursued the topic, a bit insecure on questioning her professor "You ... guessed. You weren't sure." The implications of the risk Harmonia Li took sinking in.

Harmonia Li didn't take the bait. "Child, you should study all your dopplegangers across the multi verse. I have found it ... enlightening."

and then in a rare moment of personal openness Professor Li commented.

"This one in particular, was like looking at a version of my self where my darkest desires took root and flourished to become a horrible monster and far greater power than myself."

"Enough. Let's get you to the others, I have no more time to babysit."
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/25/14 12:09 AM
"How long are we going to wait here?" Virus whispers to Star Boy.

He replies, "I don't know."

Emily said, "Well, students, I think we're going to have to send these soldiers home by ourselves."

She pushed a few buttons on her mobile device and opened a way to the tesseracts of Legion World. The hoplites looked at each other in astonishment and began following the group down into the tesseracts of Legion World. Elysion thought he saw a strange creature carrying a woman through the street in the corner of his eye, but said nothing as this entire day was very unusual.
Posted By: Power Boy Robot Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/26/14 06:08 PM
Harmonia, Reflecto and Energy Boy saw the familiar tower of Legion Headquarters in the distance.

when ... they were surrounded again.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/26/14 06:14 PM
"Hello again"

"It occurred to me ..." The wicked Saturn Queen said sinisterly.

"It was rumored that Harm while completely in control of Earth from the Asian Territories was still on Earth. What brings you here?"

"In fact, part of our treaty with Harm requires her to stay on Earth ... in OUR universe."

"Furthermore, she shed this human skin ages ago! YOU ARE NOT HARM! You are this universe's version!!!"
Posted By: Power Boy Robot Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/26/14 06:17 PM
Harmonia sighed, the gig was up, herself and the two young academy members were surrounded by six evil dopplegangers of their most famous and heroic Legionnaires.

She let out a large sigh. And with a smirk and a shrug ....

Posted By: Power Boy Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/26/14 06:21 PM
WHABAMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Earth and pavement exploded everywhere underneath the feet of Saturnyn Queen, Cosmos King and one of the Lightning Lords.

They flew like dolls as the ground heaved and showered them with rocks!

On the other side of Harmonia Sun Woman and Lightning Lord 2 were shocked for a moment but then moved to strike.

Sun Woman (who looked remarkably like this realms Sandy Anderson) BURST INTO FLAME and the flames flew towards Harmonia.
Posted By: Power Boy Robot Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/26/14 06:25 PM
As the of flame flew towards Harmonia ... she raised an eyebrow ... and the flame turned in a 90 degree angle, reflected, striking Lightning Lord 2 fully in the shoulder!

FWOOSHH!!!

Lightning Lord flew back burned by the flame.

Sun Woman screamed in frustration and moved to strike again when ...

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sound waves struck Harmonia with intense force as the evil Tyroc screamed.

The elemental fell knocked over by sound.

Posted By: Power Boy Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/26/14 06:27 PM
The metal masked evil Tyroc stood triumphant calm and sinister looking.

when ...

CRACK!!!! reflecto struck him with a mighty blow across the face!

Bad Tyroc went down, and Reflecto pointed to Energy Boy to grab Harmonia ... She left a glare for the remaining villain Sun Woman but the villaness did not consider giving chase, outnumbered.

Posted By: Power Boy Robot Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/26/14 06:29 PM
Harmonia was coming to, they had to leave before the sinister Legion recovered ...

the time for stealth was over, Harmonia and the two Academy members took to the air, easily making way for the nearby Legion headquarters and its defense and security systems and other Legionnaires.

Posted By: Power Boy Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 04/27/14 12:26 PM
Saturnyn Queen got to her feet. She was covered in dust. She hated being dirty. This Harmonia seemed to elude her telepathy, Saturnyn Queen didn't see the attack coming ... confident that Harmonia and her brats would bow before her and surrender as they should.

Mekt the Lightning Lord who was burnt by Sun Woman's redirected blast of fire was fuming ... emotionally and literally.

"Why did you not warn us! Or dominate them with your telepathy!!!"

Cosmos King eyed Mekt cautiously. In fighting was common amongst the Syndicate of Ultra Criminals, so was murder and assassination. He grinned at that last word, a bitter twinkle in his eye, he would love to assassinate them all but he needed them for now, he and Saturnyn Queen.

Saturnyn Queen fired back "Have you forgotten Harm on our world is immune to my mental domination! This one appears so as well!"

And then more gently she eased the pain in Evil Mekt's shoulder with her power. "You will survive."

"Enough." She growled after a moment, imperious and vicious looking at the same time "Summon the trackers! We will find my son and then we shall ground this world, as we have so many others! This entire galaxy shall know the name of the Syndicate of Ultra Criminals!"

Cosmos King said quietly "... My love, the Dream Queen fortold of you son's death."

Saturnyn Queen wrapped her arms around her as if suddenly chill "... and the Hag said his powered was alive in this dimension! I intend to find out what has happened to my only son."

Moments later a portal of light appeared, it was indigo and violet distorting the light and space around it.

An albino woman in a hood stepped through, the eerie light all around her, the obvious source of the portal.

"One more favor to pay Queen of Saturn." the Hag croaked.

Saturnyn Queen ground her teeth together, ever since this witch absorbed all the remaining magic of the universe she was even more unpredictable than ever, requiring favors to leave her Sorcery World. What was more troubling is her robes had changed from a black to a grey and there were rumors of the Hag offering refuge on Sorcery World, refuge from the Syndicate. Yet, it was impossible to know for sure as the Sorcery World's mists obscured it from sensors. Almost as bad as Orando.

"You will be paid Hag, I will make sure you get everything you deserve, every little bit." The regal blonde telepath bit.

Behind the Hag Witch in her robes, walked more members S.U.C.s ...

A lupine looking man and a Native American looking women (without wings) dressed in black leather and carrying a large rifle.

"Dire Wolf." "Bounty."

Saturnyn Queen announced.

"Find my son, Find Disaster Boy. NOW!"
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Ab Aetas Principium (Roleplay) - 05/11/14 04:01 AM
Emily Sivana turned to her students, "This is going to be a secret between the four of us. We are going to send them back to when they came from and nobody..."

Her omnicom blasted and she picked it up and got word that Legion Headquarters was being attacked. She shook her head and rolled her eyes. She thought to herself, The security equipment Question Lad ordered should be alright...but if they are identical to our Legion then they could override them.

"There is an emergancy situation, but I have to stay here. Change of plans. All of you go into the teleporter, I'm sending you to the others," Emily ordered.

Star Boy asked, "What about the soldiers? Don't we have to send them back..."

Emily turned towards a large cabinet, unlocked it and threw a few small vials at the soldiers, who all froze in place. Star Boy snapped his fingers in front of them, and there was no reaction at all. He thought, That is incredible.

"It can freeze time, but it can't buy it. Now all of you get in the teleporter," She repeated. "I feel the Legion Academy (and the LMB) is less strict, but also is more discouraging and violence and disobedience of it's members. Star Boy, tell whoever is in charge that I am staying here in case we need to call more cavalry. Virus, take these vials of of Suspendium with you in case of an emergency. And Elysion...if all seems lost do not be afraid to bring the whole thing down. We all stand on terra firma."

The three students were then transported to where Emily thought they were needed most.
© Legion World