Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 45 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/27/24 08:36 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:38 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 49 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 48 49
Re: Mind Games (Post ZH Legion)
Invisible Brainiac #1000986 04/15/21 08:23 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
That was very Mission Impossible IB, I dig it! Inventive teamwork, use of powers and sneakiness; three of my favourite things in a superhero story!

Invisible Brainiac #1000994 04/16/21 03:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Heya raz, thanks! It was a pain plotting that, and I did not think I could do it justice "in real time", so it had to be a flashback smile

Invisible Brainiac #1001255 04/21/21 04:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Nice wrap up there IB.

Great how you used everyone and sneakily kept Sensor and Gear out of sight until they were needed, also props for mentioning Dreamer's help. The Sleepnet is a fascinating idea!

Did Orin Fex really think he'd get the better of Brainy? I thought Coluans were supposed to be smart smile

I o love a well crafted Espionage Squad tale, makes good use of the usually less flamboyant characters.

Really looking forward to where you go from here, more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #1001257 04/21/21 05:46 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
hi Harbi, thanks for your kind comments smile The Sleepnet is certainly an interesting Reboot invention smile

Orin Fex is a bit too smart for his own good wink

Glad the caper held up, it was tough to plan, and ultimately I decided to go into less detail (to reduce the chances of me making a mistake :p)

More soon, well at least sooner than the gap between this installment and the previous ones smile I'm due for a look-in on Lu and Chuck!

Invisible Brainiac #1001259 04/21/21 06:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Looking forward to it . If I may ask a request, is there any chance of dropping in on Candi as I'm intriguing at how she's doing as Element Lass. No worries if there's not room, it's just something to ruminate on for some point in the future.

Thanks again IB.

C

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #1001271 04/21/21 03:55 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Oh of course! Thanks for remembering and highlighting dear old Candi and her return/transformation smile She is definitely due for some screen-time!

Thanks, Harbi smile

Invisible Brainiac #1001353 04/23/21 03:32 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

VOLUME 4: MOVING FORWARD

Legion World

Andromeda, Laurel Gand of Daxam; enhanced speed, strength, invulnerability, vision powers
Mentalla, Delya Castil of Titan; telepathic control of others' physical functions

Mentalla was still feeling giddy from her mission. Another espionage one! How exciting it had been... and for once, she had used the perceived inferiority of her telepathy to make an opponent underestimate her! Now this was one for the books...

She was still reeling from it all, when she turned the corner to where her room was. She had scarcely gone two steps when a blur appeared in front of her. She instinctively used her flight ring to propel herself backward, and readied her telepathy to take control of the blur's mind. But before she could, the blur called out.

"Mentalla... Delya... it's just me, Andromeda."

Mentalla let her feet touch the floor. "You startled me."

Andromeda put her hands together in a penitent position. "I apologize, that was not my intention. I just feel confused, and thought you could help." Barely waiting for Mentalla to tilt her head in assent, Andromeda continued. "I... Can you... Would you..." Andromeda swallowed, then blurted out. "Can you read my mind to help me understand my feelings for Brainiac 5?"

Mentalla sighed. Why couldn't this have been a rogue Daxamite attacking?

"Andromeda... Telepathy will tell me WHAT your emotions are, but it requires a much more advanced level of mental probing to understand the WHY. And even then, not all telepaths - like myself - have high levels of psychological training. Dr. Ryk'rr is our psychiatrist, she would better be able to help you..."

Andromeda's face fell. "That's also what Saturn Girl said..."

Mentalla stifled a pang of... envy? Competitiveness? Their latest mission had reinforced what many of her teammates kept telling her - though Saturn Girl was a telepathic prodigy, Mentalla's control of physical functions was better - and that gave her a niche. She forced a smile. "I'm glad you got a second opinion from me, then." She stopped as she took in Andromeda's obvious distress. It must have taken quite an effort to ask for help. "Look, why don't we go for a drink and you can tell me a bit about it... I'll do my best, but I still think Dr. Ryk'rr is your best bet. Still... I can help you prepare yourself for her."

The almost childlike smile of gratitude on Andromeda's face told Mentalla she had done the right thing.

M'Onel, Lar Gand of Daxam; enhanced speed, strength, invulnerability, vision powers

Shvaughn Erin of Earth (Ireland and Montenegro); Science police captain and Legion Liaison Officer

"And how is your leg?" M'Onel asked solicitously. He and Shvaughn were in Shvaughn's quarters; she had finally been released, though was still in a cast. A couple her right leg was still in a cast, and her right arm in a sling.

"Still a bit sore," Shvaughn smiled ruefully, resisting the urge to rub it. "But I should be back to active duty in a few days. I am resisting the urge to go kick something... some of our recent missions have given me a lot to think about!"

"Like that Colu one?" M'Onel leaned back as he sipped on his banyo-shake. It tasted almost like 20th century mango... one reason he had taken to it so much.

"Don't get me started on that one! Though I have no doubt Orin Fex left Brainy an opening..." Shvaughn shook her head. "I'm still figuring out the confidentiality classification level for this. Many of my fellow Science Police Officers - and not just the Coluan ones - will not like this..."

"I can totally understand..." M'Onel took an extra long sip.

Shvaughn raised an eyebrow. "What's on your mind?"

M'Onel giggled a bit. Despite being over 1000 years old due to his long exile in the Phantom Zone, Shvaughn had to keep reminding herself that M'On spent most of that time as an incorporeal phantom... and for all intents and purposes, she was his first real relationship! But it was adorable, how he tried.

"So, remember my wishing I could keep you safe all the time...?"

"Yes..." Shvaughn kept her tone neutral. Last time, she had joked the only way would be to keep her in an inertron bubble. Superman had tried that with Lois Lane, if the stories were to be believed. But surely M'Onel wouldn't...?

"I understand how important your Science Police role is for you..." M'Onel began. "And I know I cannot stay with you all the time. And I know you can take care of yourself, generally." Shvaughn kept her face impassive. But "generally"?

M'Onel seemed to read her mind. "Sorry, being invulnerable and everything... I'm not using this word just because you have no powers, Shvaughn. I tend to think like this about all my non-invulnerable friends..."

Shvaughn smiled, and placed a hand on M'Onel's. "I understand, Lar. And believe me, I do appreciate that you care, but that you're also resisting the urge to make me a Lois Lane."

M'Onel laughed. "Superman did do some silly things... I can confirm some of them are real... But none of them worked out very well, eh? Some people want to be protected, but I can't just put you in a glass bottle to keeo you safe."

He paused. "But some of Superman's ideas were very smart..." He took something from his utility belt and offered it to Shvaughn. "Like the signal watch he gave to Jimmy Olsen."

Shvaughn turned the watch around. It was slim, and would not look at all out of place whether she were in her uniform, or at a fancy Earthgov event. She tried it on, and rotated her wrist admiringly. Her eyes twinkled. "I like it."

"And you'll forgive me comparing you to Jimmy Olsen?" M'Onel's smile turned from shy to sly.

"My red hair is the only thing that makes me resemble him, yes?" Shvaughn smiled back. "Pushing that comparison further will say more about YOUR taste, you know..."

Shvaughn leaned towards M'Onel. "Really, though. Thank you."

The two kissed, while Shvaughn held on to her watch. She was really going to like it.

Invisible Brainiac #1001355 04/23/21 04:23 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
I'm enjoying Laurel and her closing the loop with the Brainy relationship! And by the way, really like the take on Shvaughn and Lar. :-)

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Invisible Brainiac #1001356 04/23/21 04:48 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

Earth

Element Lass, Candi "Princess" Pyponte-LeParc III of Xanthu; transmutation
Magno, Dyrk Magz of Braal; magnetokinesis
Sensor, Jeka Wynzorr of Orando; sensory manipulation
Umbra, Tasmia Mallor of Talok VIII; shadow casting
XS, Jenni Ognats of Aarok; super-speed

"... and for the first time in Orando's history, a raccoon is now the Chief of the Mines and Ores." Sensor finished.

"Now if only Orando could think of better titles," Umbra mocked as she sipped from her Woodberry Tea. Ah, how nice to finally find a restaurant that specialized in home-made cuisine. None of that fusion rubbish. No, here she could sample dishes from any United Planets world she wanted... though with Talok VIII having 12 tribes with 12 unique cooking philosophies, it would be a long time before she'd be ready to try something new.

"I'm sorry," Sensor play-challenged. "We must clearly take a page from Talok VIII, where everything starts with Shadow. Shadow Champion, Shadow Maven, Shadow Hairdresser, Shadow Three-Legged Skitterer Walker..."

"At least MY hair actually looks like it was well done!" Umbra laughed.

"I DO have to learn that, don't I?" Sensor sighed as she combed her hair to the side with her hands. "It's just so strange... I still don't really understand what purpose it serves."

"Why, to look good!" Element Lass cooed. "And sometimes that is the most important function of all!"

"A toast, then! To looking good!" Sensor raised her glass, and the three Legionnaires laughed.

"This is so amazing cool!" Trin Magz's eyes sparkled, her own Braalian root vegetable stew untouched. "Hearing all these stories... but then seeing you... You're just so... so..."

"Normal?" Magno gently patted his sister's shoulder. "You should know, right? I didn't change when I became a Legionnaire."

"Some of us did," XS laughed, as she forced herself to slow down and savor her Aarokian fish curry. "I cannot imagine you, Umbra, just taking Sensor's joke like that when you first joined..."

Umbra drew herself up haughtily. "Thanks for reminding me about the horrible stuck-up snot I was, XS," Umbra snarked.

"Could NOT have put it better myself," Sensor coughed.

"Speaking of your hair, dear," Element Lass changed the subject. "I just downloaded this FABULOUS program... You're so lucky, the color matches the rest of you perfectly! All I have to work with is off-crystal white!" Candi patted her crystalline locks longingly.

"Oh, but you sparkle in the light so!" Trin offered. "And think of all the accessorizing you could do!"

"I knew I liked you from the first time we met!" Candi chuckled. "Dyrk was always saying how artistic you were!"

Trin blushed. But before she could respond, five flight rings buzzed with activity.

"Robbery in Metropolis Centrum. Legionnaires Element Lass, Magno, Sensor, Umbra and XS to respond."

The five Legionnaires stood. "Sorry, Trin, we'll be back as soon as possible..."

"Oh, its ok!" Trin was already fiddling with her Omnicom. "I found it on the News Spins! I'll be watching!" She waved at her brother and her new friends as they sped to the restaurant's exit.

Outside, they took to the air as Sensor dropped the illusion that had kept them disguised from the restaurant patrons and staff.

"This should be easy," Element Lass looked at the relays. "Only Gangster? I mean, sure, there are a lot of him and his unlimited duplicates, but..."

"I don't know..." Magno mused as he reviewed the footage from the scene. "They seem to be doing a lot of damage... Gangster's only power is duplication, but..."

"Your Sci-Cop senses are tingling**?" XS noted. "How about I clear the area of civilians, and send you any impressions?"

"You're the senior Legionnaire here," Magno smiled back. XS mock-saluted, then landed and sped off.

"Doesn't leave much for the rest of us to do..." Umbra scoffed. "But at least we can go back faster."

"I don't know, I think Magno's right..." Sensor told her Omnicom to zoom in; she still wasn't comfortable holding objects with her new arms while in flight. "These marks... they look like... acid coming from saliva?"

Umbra and Magno looked at each other. "Like our first mission?"*

"Yes, but I'm not sure if it's Ze Tongue..."

Element Lass shuddered. "What a weird powe-OH!" Without any warning besides her cry, she crashed into Sensor. The two unconscious Legionnaires tumbled from the sky.

Magno quickly chased after them, using his powers to draw on the metal within their Legion belts. Candi's at least were evenly-distributed, but Sensor's long serpentine body flailed around as he lowered her.

Umbra landed behind him and unleashed her darkfield. "I expect a sneak attack."

"It's a bit too late for that now..." Magno turned pale as he saw he spoke.

The Empress and the Emerald Eye both glowed bright green as they stepped through Umbra's darkfield.

"Hello and goodbye, Legionnaires."

IB's notes:

1) L* 44. New Legionnaires Magno, Sensor and Umbra fight some Legion rejects who caused a cave-in; Ze Tongue had used his tongue to lick and destroy some supports!

2) Magno was a Science Police officer while he was depowered and the Legion was disbanded (shown in Legion Worlds 3 and 6, and was that way for Volume 1-3 of this fic!)

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 04/23/21 04:50 AM.
Gaseous Lad #1001357 04/23/21 04:49 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Gaseous Lad
I'm enjoying Laurel and her closing the loop with the Brainy relationship! And by the way, really like the take on Shvaughn and Lar. :-)

Thanks, GL smile Once I started on this thread with Laurel, I felt i owed it to her to close it off!

I toyed with having Lar come up with a hare-brained scheme that the silver Age Superman would have... but I figured, Lar and Shvaughn are both quite a bit more mature than that wink

Invisible Brainiac #1001362 04/23/21 06:33 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
I toyed with having Lar come up with a hare-brained scheme that the silver Age Superman would have... but I figured, Lar and Shvaughn are both quite a bit more mature than that wink

lol

Okay looks like its time to buckle up with this next part! A couple notes:

*When you write these scenes when they are eating, I always end up hungry. smile
*Empress and the Eye is back! This should get interesting....
*I was honestly hoping for Ze Tongue. Ever since I caught Flushed Away on TV a few weeks ago, I hear Jean Reno's voice for that character now.

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Invisible Brainiac #1001365 04/23/21 07:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Earth

Element Lass, Candi "Princess" Pyponte-LeParc III of Xanthu; transmutation
Sensor, Jeka Wynzorr of Orando; sensory manipulation
Umbra, Tasmia Mallor of Talok VIII; shadow casting

Omar Magz cursed as he fired at the petty crook called Gangster. One of them, anyway. The trick with Gangster, was to find and knock out the original...

... easier sad then done, when there were now dozens running around!

Thankfully, Gangster's target had been a warehouse/factory on the outskirts of Metropolis, near the park. Most of the staff in this installation were drones; and the dozen or so sentient, biological staff had been accounted for when the attack had begun.

After all, unlike some crazy villains, these ones were motivated primarily by greed.

Still, that didn't make fighting them any easier.

Omar's first shot hit one of the Gangster clones in the shoulder; the clone howled and dropped his blaster. But the second shot was blocked by a second clone carrying a shield.

Omar cursed, as he drew his blaster again...

But before he could fire, he felt himself getting thrown down! He turned to find XS looking at him in concern.

"What gives, Legionnaire gloryhound?" Omar spat. His little brother Dyrk had brought XS home one time, and Omar hadn't thought much of her, either.

"I just saved your life, brother-in-law," XS rolled her eyes. She pointed at where Omar had been sheltering behind some debris; scorch marks marred the slabs of concrete. The inertron plates were untouched, but Braalian flesh would have been. "And no, Dyrk and I aren't getting married... yet." She dashed off before Omar could say another word, muttering under her breath "and if you weren't Dyrk's brother, I would not even THINK of inviting you..."

Seconds later, XS had returned. As she came to a stop, the various Gangster clones fell.

"You missed the original!" Omar said coldly.

"Obviously," XS rolled her eyes. "Sorry if I spent most of my time evacuating civilians within a five-block radius!"

"She did a good job too!" Cill came up. The muscled officer was tapping on his Omnicom.

"Of course you would think that," Omar muttered. "One of THEM was your partner."*

"Not a very helpful attitude," XS said. "We're here to help, not to steal your glory."

Omar bristled. "You make our jobs harder, you...!"

"No, they make our jobs easier, when we work together." Cill said firmly. "We could never have taken Gangster down so quickly. And, the extra time helped me check on a few things..."

Images beamed out of Cill's Omnicom. "Like these tracks. Or these marks that look like laser damage. Or this damage that looks like something acidic was used..."

Omar took a peek. "So someone else is hiding something here..." he said pointedly.

XS decided not to rise to the bait. Magno had always described Omar was a textbook narcissist... "Or making us see things that are not there... but not removing the effects..." Her eyes widened. "I have to find the others, now! Officers, I think you'd best stay away, if I'm right... She sped off without another word.

Cill and Omar looked at each other. Omar pulled his blaster. "I'll be sprocked if I listen to her..."

Magno pulled together metallic shields, hoping to slow down the Eye's blasts. "Umbra, I can't..." He was cut off as emerald blasts exploded around him. He was just thankful that they were in the park, far away from inhabited buildings.

"No worries, Magno." Umbra turned her darkfield over to the Eye. "I can't stop the Eye's blasts, though I can throw it's aim off." She stopped to help Magno up. "Something does not seem right, though... I've fought the Eye before. It's much more powerful than this. Why has it not just dropped an entire building on us?"

"Don't give it any ideas..." Magno muttered. "But it IS odd. I would expect the Fatal Five to go after a higher mark than this..." He put his flight ring to his lips. "Whereabouts of the Empress and the Emerald Eye?"

"Still incarcerated..." Came the reply. Umbra and Magno looked at each other. That could only mean...

"Get ready, Dyrk." Umbra waited only a second more, than focused her darkfield in on itself before unleashing it in all directions. She was rewarded by a cry of pain...

... which Magno used to aim HIS own powers, wrapping up the subject in metal. He slammed the offender into the ground for good measure.

The scene around them quickly changed. Rubble and fallen trees remained, but the Emerald Eye and Empress vanished... and in their place lay a gigantic serpent, not unlike what Sensor used to look like before her transformation**. Only, this one was a darker, moss-like green.

"That explains a lot," Magno muttered. "But if our opponent was only an illusion-caster, where did all this damage come from?"

Before Umbra could answer, she cried out. But Magno barely had time to register, as he felt a painful blow on his head, then felt himself being dragged through the air. He hit the ground with an oomph!

Through groggy eyes, he recognized a half-dozen figures moving towards him. Gigantic brute Bronto. Pollen, already generating a cloud of plant-based spores. The Sarccan called the Undertaker, who could control bodily functions. What looked like a Vyrgan, though unlike most Vyrgans this one was teleporting closer. A Silvan, its light-based body glowing bright. And, of course, Gangster.

... and wrapped around his leg, he noted with disgust, was the long, prehensile tongue of Ze Tongue. "Ah-haha! My lasso-tongue wins ze day, again!"

Illusions can be used to hide as well... of course... Dyrk thought. He raised a hand and pulled Gangster's weapon out of his hands. But before he could pull it to himself, he began to cough up blood.

Undertaker smiled. "Sorry, cutie. Too late... oh!"

Undertaker bounced onto her behind.

"Wat is zis!" Ze Tongue exclaimed. "Zut alors, stupid woman, you should have keeled the boy when... AH!"

Before Magno's eyes, someone had pulled Ze Tongue's tongue off his leg and had tied it into knots. Ze Tongue knelt down, making incomprehensible babbling noises as he desperately tried to un-knot it.

Seconds later, XS pulled Magno and Umbra up. "I always wondered how Ze Tongue could talk, while his Tongue was making all sorts of shapes..." She helped steady Umbra and Magno. "I see you figured out there was an illusion-caster too, huh?"

Umbra rubbed her head. "Yeah, this one was nowhere near as crafty with her illusions as Sensor is. Don't tell her I said that."

"You won't be telling anyone anything!" Pollen snapped as she sent a cloud of deadly spores at the trio. "You're already dead... what?" She stood in shock, as the spores fell to the ground.

XS smiled cheerfully. "Oh, I woke our teammates up first, of course."

"I changed the arsenic in your spores to harmless nitrogen," Element Lass chirped. "Good for the soil, too! Ah, remind me to thank Brainiac 5 for all his chemistry lessons..."

"But even without MY illusions, I doubt you would have perceived that," Sensor smiled as she wrapped her tail around Pollen's leg and tripped the woman. Pollen flailed around, crashing into Ze Tongue, who slumped unconscious onto his still-knotted tongue. But before Sensor could finish Pollen off, the Silvan fired a laser at her tail. Sensor cut off a curse as she jerked her tail involuntarily.

"Are you okay?" Element Lass ran up to Sensor, her arm stretched out. "Some soothing Balmium should help..."

"Am... fine..." Sensor said through gritted teeth. "Let's... regroup... my fellow Orandan and Ze Tongue are still out, so we have six left..."

"Allow me." Umbra covered the field in darkness. But XS and Magno beside her, could see her smile. "Time to divide and conquer."

The Silvan glowed brightly in the dark. "Licht is not afraid of the dark, Legionnaire! Lume is not the only brave Silvan!"

"Perhaps." Licht fired a blast in the direction of Umbra's voice. "But Lume is much more honorable than you are."

"Lume is a fool!" Licht snapped. "Having itself be used as a tool by your United Planets... when Lume could enrich itself instead!"

"Lume works for what it believes in..." Umbra's voice called out. "Lume is not at all selfish."

"Licht will not be used again!" Licht kept firing blasts off. Where was that blasted Talokian?

"You will have to do better than that, to break through my darkfield," Umbra laughed.

"Oh, then take this!" Licht exploded its body, sending its light energy cascading in all directions... too late, Licht realized what it was doing. It had let itself be goaded... and instead of focusing its light, it had unleashed a fairly harmless attack...

"Too... weak..." Licht faded into merciful unconsciousness.

Umbra snorted with contempt as she wrapped the Silvan in a darkfield bubble. "So easy, preying on these crooks' egos..."

"So they sent you after me, eh?" Pollen faced the crystalline behemoth looming in front of her. Though darkness was all around, pockets of light had opened up courtesy of Umbra's darkfield, to allow her teammates to see their opponents. "You may be big, but I'm not scared!" She fired off another spore cloud at Element Lass.

Candi stood, hands in front of her. "I assure you, you cannot do anything to me. And I don't want to muss up that fabulous outfit of yours. So I suggest you just surrender and... oh!"

She felt... not quite pain, but she could feel her crystalline form being eaten up. She looked down in horror. "How..."

"Acidic spores from the Crystal Forests of Ventura!" gloated Pollen. "Give me enough time, and I will think of something deadly enough for anyone. Now, you surrender!"

Candi didn't even bother to respond. Instead, she turned the ground beneath Pollen into mercury. As the woman gasped and coughed, she turned all the air around her into neon... and Pollen slumped into blissful unconsciousness. Candi immediately reversed her transmutation, restoring the air that Pollen needed to keep alive. Then, she looked at her own form and began reinforcing it.

"I guess I'm going to have to ask Brainy for botany lessons, too..." she muttered.

"I don't care how fast you are," Undertaker snarled. "You still can't stop my power!" The Undertaker used her ability to control bodily functions to latch on to the systems governing Aarokian's body temperature. "I'll make you overheat, you super-speed freak!"

She laughed in contempt as XS knelt down, sweat pouring from every pore. "No... too warm... going to..."

"You're going to explode in a puddle of hot blood, you..."

She never finished her sentence, as an arm slammed into the back of her neck.

As Undertaker fell, the kneeling XS vanished. She was replaced, instead, by a smiling Sensor.

"You just used your own illusion trick on us," she laughed as she picked Undertaker up. "But why am I not surprised you fell for it yourself?"

"You're a big one, aren't you?" Magno levitated out of Bronto's reach.

"And you're a puny Braalian!" Bronto bounced in anger. "But if Bronto can't hit you, Bronto smash you!" Bronto reached down to pick up a rock, and hurled it at the blonde Legionnaire.

Magno dodged it easily. "You're just wasting your time..."

"Bronto no surrender!" A fallen tree branch followed next. Magno simply drew one of the metallic orbs on his armguard, honed it to a point, and used it to slice the branch in half.

"I guess if you won't let this go the easy way..." Magno sighed. He quickly shaped the metal into strips, and fired them at Bronto. One strip caught the giant under his outstretched arms, and the other strips followed to form a sort of metallic corset. Then, Magno concentrated as he slammed the strips into the ground with just enough force to knock Bronto out.

Magno held his flight ring to his lips. "Magno, my target's done."

"Mine too!" Element Lass cooed. Umbra and Sensor added their reports.

"That leaves the fastest of us..." ribbed Umbra.

"I knew you would get back at me for that crack in the restaurant..." XS quipped back as she ran outside the perimeter of Umbra's shadow. "Give me a break, I have to fight a teleporter...! Another one of the messes Ra's al Ghul left us..."***

"Sprocking imperialists!" The Vyrgan popped out of a glowing, green disk. "You want to keep us downtrodden! Well, Disks won't let you!"

"Vyrga is a respected UP World!" XS called back as she ran to where Disks was. Just as she reached him, he began to teleport anyway; XS knew not to go closer, else she would risk losing a body part if she touched the edge of the disk. Wise of her; cut flower stems and blades of grass littered the area where Disks had teleported from. "But you're not doing it any favors by committing crimes!"

"Is it a crime to enrich oneself?" Disks snapped back as he teleported again. "I won't be a martyr like Gates. I... oh!" As Disks exited another teleport gate, he felt his world turn upside down. He slumped to the floor.

XS stood above him. "Sorry, a little whirlpool action. And now..." She pummeled him with half a dozen punches, and he fainted.

"Was this fast enough for you guys?" XS called. "Now, that only leaves Gangster!"

"And you will let me leave!"

XS turned, and her eyes widened in shock.

An army of Gangster clones were standing in a cluster. And the one in the middle was holding Officer Cill in a chokehold. A second one had his blaster pointed right at Officer Cill's neck.

"Sorry..." Cill coughed weakly. "Came... to help..."

XS held her arms up. "Okay, don't hurt him. If you do, there's no turning back..."

"I'm not stupid, Legionnaire," Gangster snarled. "I'm going to use him as a hostage to escape. So you're going to sit still and get blasted." At least ten Gangster clones raised their weapons and fired.

XS, by instinct, dodged the blasts with her super-speed. But as soon as she stopped, she heard a cry of pain. She gasped as she saw blood spurt from Cill's arm.

"He can still walk even without arms!" Gangster snapped. "Stand still, Legionnaire, or we'll see what other body parts he can lose while still being a hostage..."

XS scowled as she raised her hands up, and willed herself to stand still. She was too far to risk it... "Fine, do what you will."

Gangster smiled as he fired, and XS was blown backwards off her feet.

"Jenni!" Magno called as he flew into view. He landed beside her, cradling her form in his arms. Still alive, thank grife. He looked at Gangster. "She's already out. What do you want?"

"I want you to call the other Legionnaires off and let me go!" Gangster yelled.

"You know I can't do that..." Magno answered as he put XS gently to the side and stood up.

Gangster smiled as he fired at Cill's other arm. The officer yelled in pain.

Magno thought. Maybe he could stall until Sensor or Element Lass arrived... either could take Gangster easily, without him even noticing. "Let's talk about this. You let him go, and take me instead. A Legionnaire is more valuable than a Sci-Cop."

"And risk you tricking me with your powers?" Gangster barked. "I'm more experienced than most of those fools you took down. My time in Cortex's gang taught me a lot. And now..." Gangster aimed his weapon at Magno. "You're going down!"

Magno braced himself for pain... but it never came. Instead, a bright red laser blasted into the face of the Gangster body aiming at Cill!

Magno gasped as he watched an explosion of blood. Someone had sniped Gangster...!

The other Gangster clones also stood in shock.

"Sprock it!" yelled a familiar voice. Magno jerked in recognition. Omar?

"Do something!" Omar yelled as he shot again. Magno could see him now, hiding in a tree, arms and blaster resting on one outstretched leg. Two more Gangster bodies' heads exploded, including the one holding Cill.

"Omar, no! Don't kill him!" Magno quickly pulled a metallic cocoon around Cill, carrying the Science Police officer to safety. He had to act fast and stop the carnage. Another Gangster body fell, this one bleeding from a stump that had been his arm. Magno sensed Omar's blaster and pulled it from him.

"You criminal, letting this guy go!" Omar snarled as he jumped from the tree.

"We can stop him without killing him!" Magno yelled back as he lowered Cill's cocoon gently to the ground. "Cill is safe now!"

The Gangster bodies began to regroup, and Magno tripped a few with metallic projectiles.

"Give my blaster back!" Omar began running at Magno. But some Gangster bodies were running at him. Magno took those out first.

"I'll take care of this!" A groggy XS stood up, though blood was streaming from her forehead. She dashed off... and Gangster bodies began to fall to the ground.

As one of the last ones fell, all the Gangster bodies disappeared... including the dead ones.

Magno sighed in relief as Omar ran up. "You didn't kill the main one... None of them are really dead!"

"Sadly!" Omar's eyes blazed with anger. "This sprock does not deserve to live!" He shoved Magno away as he knelt beside Cill.

"I'm... am... glad you didn't kill em..." Cill muttered in pain.

"Omar..." Magno stammered. "You really meant to kill him?"

"I was hoping the first one I shot would be the real Gangster," Omar spat. "Would have saved a lot of pain and trouble."

"I can't believe what I'm hearing..." XS ran up, dumping the unconscious Gangster beside Disks. "I knew you were a hothead, but..."

"But you were always so proud of being a Sci-Cop..." Magno continued. Blasted arrogant about it, but Omar had tried his best. "Now... I don't even recognize you anymore."

"Threats have become increasingly dangerous!" Omar snapped. "As you would have known, if you had been on Legion World when we were all taken hostage!***** But if we had killed these criminals, they would not have hurt anyone else!"

"Omar... I think you need help." XS said gently. "I don't think you're over the trauma of what happened.

"Yes..." Magno's eyes watered. "Yes you do need help." In one swift move, he grabbed Omar and fished for the plastic cuffs that Braalian Science Police Officers carried. Like Dyrk once did. And he placed them on Omar.

"What... let me go!" Omar snapped as he tried to kick Dyrk.

"I'm sorry, Omar, but..." Tears began to well up in Dyrk's eyes. Not that he felt any sort of brotherly love for Omar... but this would kill his parents. "You're under arrest for attempted murder."

IB's notes:

1) Officer Cill was Kinetix's partner when SHE was a Science Police officer! Only appearance, the Legion 4.

2) Legion 17-18, when Sensor was hit by hypertaxis energy

3) Ra's al Ghul, while masquerading as UP President Leland McCauley, kidnapped and experimented on Vyrgans to reproduce Gates' teleportation abilities. Most of the results were Vyrgan clones cross-bred with Winathian or Carggite DNA so they could produce more teleport-ready clones.

4) In my Volume 3, when the Monitor's army invaded Legion World. Omar was one of those taken hostage and left behind when the Legion had to escape...

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/16/21 02:44 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #1001366 04/23/21 07:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
That was fast! Thanks for the speedy reading, GL smile

Hah! I'm glad woodberry tea and Aarokian fish curry sound delicious to you tongue

Oh, the Empress and the Eye are always interesting... wink

Yeah, Ze Tongue is pretty hilarious... ask and you shall receive wink

Invisible Brainiac #1001369 04/23/21 07:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Legion World

Live Wire, Garth Ranzz of Winath; electricity generation and manipulation

XS held Magno's hand for support, as Trin sat beside them with an impatient look on her face. On the other side of the screen were their parents.

"But... I don't understand how Omar could..." their mother began to tear.

"Mom, face it, Omar needs help!" Trin snapped. "He was always an arrogant bully when he was younger..."

"But I can't believe Omar would be a... a bad guy!" their father continued. "I'm sure this was just a mistake..."

XS squeezed Magno's hand. Magno sighed. "It was in the heat of battle... and we had a hostage situation. Those are always tough." Magno gulped. "And... Omar said something about... I think... I think he's going through some post-traumatic stress from being held hostage on Legion World."

"He should get over it!" Trin's voice was ice. "Even the cop who Gangster shot didn't want Gangster killed! I'm glad HE will make a full recovery."

"He will, and Omar wasn't hurt..." Not physically, anyway. Magno continued. "One bright point, none of the Gangster bodies he shot was the real one... however, he did just admit in front of three of us, that he wanted Gangster to die..."

"But... Gangster didn't actually die, right?" Their father said hopefully. Ever the optimist...

"No... which is why I took him in for attempted murder, not actual murder..." At this, their mother sobbed again. "I'm sorry, mom, dad," Magno continued. "But I swore an oath to protect life... And there were many ways to stop Gangster without killing him."

"I understand, honey," their mother sobbed. "I just want this all to be over..."

"So do I..." Magno whispered.

"Just... keep us updated, okay?" their father smiled, as best he could. "This IS still a bit of a shock..."

They said their goodbyes. As the call winked out, Trin stamped her foot. "Oh, our parents keep making excuses for Omar! If they had only realized what a bully he was earlier on..."

Magno shrugged. "Trin, I don't like Omar either, but... yeah, I'm actually more worried about mom and dad."

XS gave both of them a squeeze. "Well, this should be over pretty soon, at least... though I hope Omar does get the help he needs."

"I don't expect he will ever forgive me..." Magno sighed. "But yeah... I hope he'll agree to see Dr. Ryk'rr."

"I don't think he'll have a choice." Live Wire popped into the door. "Hey, sorry for popping in, but I was on monitor duty when I got the call about this." He clapped Magno on the shoulder. "How are you holding up, Dyrk?"

"A bit distracted, to be honest..." Dyrk tried to smile.

"Just a little? You're ever the optimist..." Garth joked. He tapped Dyrk reassuringly again. "Hey, if you want to talk more... I had to deal with my own parents and my own brother, though of course Mekt did way worse things than Omar did..."

"Thanks... And enough about me, how are the wedding plans going?"

"Kind of on hold..." Garth sighed. "With Cos missing, well... Imra and I just can't imagine celebrating without him." He sighed again. "Imra and Jazmin are trying to get Brainy to focus on finding Cos now..."

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Brainiac 5, Querl Dox of Colu; 12th level intelligence and force field powers
Kid Quantum II, Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu; time manipulation. Current Legion co-leader
Saturn Girl, Imra Ardeen of Titan; telepathy

"Brainy, I'm ordering you to make finding Rokk a priority!" Kid Quantum pounded a fist on the table in front of Brainiac 5.

"Gear and Babbage and Rond Vidar are all already working on it," Brainiac 5 said calmly. "I know you love him, Jazmin, but the data gathered from Colu also needs to be collated while it is fresh in my mind. I suspect Cosmic Boy is lost in time. This means we have time to find him."

He stood up, then reached a hand out to Jazmin. "I know I come across as unfeeling, but I also am worried about him, Jazmin. Believe me."

"Will it help if I say he's telling the truth?" Saturn Girl said. Both Kid Quantum and Brainiac 5 looked at her in surprise.

"Just trying to lighten the mood... I'm not actually reading your mind, Brainiac 5..." Imra said quietly. But she addressed both her teammates. "Look, we've been lost in time and space together... fought gods and monsters and all sorts of things... Had our trust in each other shaken, but never quite broken. You both know how the other thinks. You both care about Rokk, and so do I. Let's stop arguing, and trust in each other, okay?"

Jazmin sighed, looked down, then smiled. "I know. I'm sorry, Brainy... and thanks. And you too, Imra."

"Apology accepted," Brainiac 5 smiled. "Don't worry, I only need four standard terra-hours to finish my review of the Colu data... and as a plus, it looks like Colu does not have any immediate offensive plans against Robotica." Brainiac 5 tilted his head. "After that, a quick meal, and I shall focus on finding Cosmic Boy..."

But just as Brainiac 5 finished his sentence, a blinding rainbow portal appeared - and through it, they could see Cosmic Boy!

"I need your help!" He shouted as he narrowly dodged a stream of fire that erupted behind him.

Kid Quantum II, Brainiac 5 and Saturn Girl jumped forward, but the portal closed before they could reach it.

"No!" Kid Quantum shrieked. "He was right there!"

"It was for long enough," Brainiac 5 began tapping on his Omnicom. "Enough to track him. I know where he is! He's in the 21st century!"

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/10/21 07:23 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #1001389 04/23/21 06:24 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
I must have picked up and been reading while you were editing!! smile

I love the Jenni & Dyrk relationship!!
Also if I was the Undertaker with powers over bodily functions, people would get bored with me because I'd use it like a 13 year old. laugh

I think I found Cos yesterday - he's just outside DC!

Invisible Brainiac #1001401 04/23/21 09:14 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
That was a fun fight, I dig Ze Tongue! Although I would be interested in seeing the real Empress pop up some time, I don't remember reading anything with her after she got the Eye except for that one issue where Timber Wolf took down the whole Fatal Five on his own.

Magno's brother is intense! It does make me wonder how often the SP would even need to resort to killing someone when the future would presumably leave so many other non-lethal options available..

razsolo #1001402 04/24/21 02:38 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Gaseous Lad
I must have picked up and been reading while you were editing!! smile

I love the Jenni & Dyrk relationship!!
Also if I was the Undertaker with powers over bodily functions, people would get bored with me because I'd use it like a 13 year old. laugh

I think I found Cos yesterday - he's just outside DC!

you totally did smile I think I should learn more editing discipline haha! I actually didn't have Ze Tongue in originally, then was thinking of a way to slot him in! That's why he gets taken out before the whole divide and conquer bit... I only wanted him in if I could do him justice

glad you're liking Jenni & Dyrk! Those two were just individually so light and cheery in the comics, it's nice writing them as a couple!

Originally Posted by razsolo
That was a fun fight, I dig Ze Tongue! Although I would be interested in seeing the real Empress pop up some time, I don't remember reading anything with her after she got the Eye except for that one issue where Timber Wolf took down the whole Fatal Five on his own.

Magno's brother is intense! It does make me wonder how often the SP would even need to resort to killing someone when the future would presumably leave so many other non-lethal options available..

yeah, there wasn't much of the Empress with the Eye... she and the Eye will probably pop up sooner or later wink

yeah, Magno's bro is a bit... of a departure, or perhaps an evolution, from the comics. All we saw of him, was as an overbearing, arrogant older bro who just happened to be a Sci-Cop. I took some liberties with him, and slipped in the bit re PTSD from being a hostage, to see how it would make him act out...

Invisible Brainiac #1001472 04/24/21 10:40 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
That was fast! Thanks for the speedy reading, GL smile

Hah! I'm glad woodberry tea and Aarokian fish curry sound delicious to you tongue

I'm pretty much on board with anything curry! smile

And with regards to Omar - He's a jerk, but I appreciate the level of humanity that your bringing to him so he (hopefully!) grows from the experience.

Invisible Brainiac #1001475 04/25/21 02:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Mmm curry. Ok, more curry will appear in the future... wink

Glad you liked the balanced approach re Omar... he?s a jerk in the comics, but hardly evil (unless we count his constant ragging and lack of sympathy for Dyrk after losing his magnetism as evil - nah, not quite). So yeah, it will be a big bump for him... and maybe he will learn some humility smile

Re: Post ZH Legion: Volume 4 Moving On (April 23, 2021)
Invisible Brainiac #1001568 04/26/21 11:01 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Hi, Ibby,

I just finished reading all of your most recent fic posts.

So much to love, I don't know where to start!

I'm definitely going to use your recap thread's links to read the whole Colu storyline. Those overbearing smarties are the kinds of characters I love to dislike. And I agree with Raz, very Mission Impossible.

The stuff with Magno's brother...oh, my good gods. So powerful and multi-layered. Not to mention very relevant to real life as it is today, but without being preachy nor on-the-nose.

But what I love most about any Legion iteration is just the characters hanging out with each other and bantering.

I know I've said this many times, but I really feel grateful to you that your enthusiasm for the Postboot Legion helped me finally learn to appreciate it. It's now my second favorite iteration, the first, of course, being the middle issues of the Baxter Era. And who can say, the Postboot might eventually take the top spot.

Your stories certainly have me even more excited than I already was about the not-too-distant beginning of the Postboot re-read.

Good show.

EDIT: And hearty congratulations on this thread passing 100,000 views! Woot!

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Invisible Brainiac #1001571 04/26/21 11:06 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Annfie, thank you, so kind of you to say!

The Colu storyline is quite short, so you don't have much more to catch up on at least smile And yeah, the other Coluans like Orin Fex can be very annoying.

Happy the stuff with Magno's brother worked out well! I definitely kept thinking of a lot of recent developments when I wrote it...

Also glad the banter works. The Postboot era really fostered a great camaraderie within the team, where this sort of banter is totally not out of place (unlike... ah, I won't go into that here lol!) And thanks, I am super happy to hear that my writing has helped you appreciate this era more! Warms my heart smile

Invisible Brainiac #1002996 05/30/21 07:57 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hi IB,

My review is going to be as i read. so some of my questions may get answered. But I'm looking forward to this read!

Colu:
IB I'm very intrigued by this plot thread and where you're taking Orin Fex. I love the idea of data-vamipres, and the advancements of the SleepNet.
I loved his inner monologue as well about having to know everything going on outside of Colu to truly understand his adversary. The dissection's of why Brainy chose his team was very insightful. But as smart as Fex is because of his advanced years not so much his higher intellect over Brainy, i feel like its a trap set by Brainy or maybe even Lyle and Babbage.

I'm loving the debate on how to deal with the Roboticans. I can see both sides of this coin for the older Colu's who worry about being replaced as they've become accustomed to this high status and the younger generation simply thinking of the possibilities and the betterment of the Universe and less about themselves as the smartest species. The points being made about limits being imposed on the varying species is amazaing. I hadn't really thought about it but i wonder just how many members of the United Planets outside of Titan and Daxam have these limitations placed on them.
But on a bit of a flip side, its interesting that The Coluians don't have some sort of restrictions on them considering we've seen what their minds could do to the universe, (specifically the first Brainiac, and Brainiac 4)
Poor Laurel but i love all the things the nuns taught her. if its alright i might need to borrow some of those inspirations as my own Andromeda goes through her own crisis of faith.

OH SNAP! Damn Brainy, that was a awesome plan. Loved how Gates and Andromeda worked in tandem, and then Sensor and Mentalla. You've really figured out how to work this groups powers well and i love that they were waiting in the wings.
The use of Mentalla's abilities is amazing to suppress their memories but continue to function.
i love and hate how there are so man that could be the Espionage squad that we'll never get a real roster. lol

Legion world:
The exchange with Andromeda and Mentalla is funny. i giggled at Mentalla's frustration at being asked.
I really liked Mentallla's readiness the activation and jump back. she's shaping up to be a very formidable member.
I'm glad she offered to be at least be an ear to listen before Andromeda gets real help.

OMG Shavuang and M'Onel are the absolute cutest.
You've tapped into something that i think none of the others have with M'Onel because this particular M'Onel doesn't have a long history since leaving the Stasis Zone, the one thing that kind of separates him from the rest of the other Lar's and he's got a bit more of an innocents to him that really allows him to enjoy things like the Banyo-shake.
Loved the lore and using the Jimmy Olsen signal watch.

Earth:
This is a group that is very interesting. The three recruits who came in at the same time and had very different paths on the team with XS, the first new member to be introduced in the reboot with one of the last before the series ended. Hearing XS being called the senior Legionnaire is so weird.
This was a fun moment at the table with Magno's sister. the admiration she had for them met with realizing how normal they were was great to see. its easy to lose sight sometimes that those we look up to are just people.
"Don't worry ill be watching." i can only imagine how things will be in the year 3000 for real with fast we get information updates.

The Emerald Empress!

Uhmm Omar really is a jerk. Jenni is so special!
I hate Omar and his attitude plain sucks. Makes me think the standards for getting into the Science Police aren't that high when it comes to having any values about serving and protecting the sentients of the galaxy.

Ooo an illusion caster like Sensor...we never did find out if there were others like her or if it was simply a Royal thing. although if it is a Royal thing, could this be a princess from another part of Orando?

loved Umbra's take down of Licht and how she goaded him.
Ooo, so Spoor can call forth anything from any planet? kind of like Chlorophyll Kid but spoors instead seeds.
Sensor is utterly the star of this outing.
I always forget how destructive the edges of the teleport disks are.
Damn Omar snipper shots?
There has been a debate in a some other super hero media as well, about how much force is to excessive and how "heroes" don't kill. The Legion always finds away. But what about the Science Police? in this instance would Omar be justified and if the Legion wasn't there would the situation call for it or do the S.P.'s have rules against it and about de-escalation as well?
Man, poor Magno being caught in the middle like that. But hopefully everyone can get the help they need because it sounds like the parents may need it too.
Good looking out Garth.

Good call back for Jazmin, Imra, and Brainy about their time together in the second galaxy. as the team grows and readjust to life its easy to forget those connections especially when things are stressful.
Glad Brainy was able to get a read real quick. but was Rokk talking to them or someone else?

There are a lot of good things going on IB and i can't wait to read more.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Invisible Brainiac #1003009 05/31/21 03:50 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
hi Omni, thanks for your read and review! always appreciated!

Re Colu and Orin Fex. Yes, I tried to have it that the Legionnaire's visit was bait. They would only have used the data vampire etc. IF Orin Fex had made the first move... and Fex did, so it was all justified. Data vampires, I think I borrowed that idea from Harbinger's fic smile

Re limits on various species, it's really an interesting one! from way back in LSH 62, I remember restrictions being placed on Durlans traveling off-planet, and LSH Secret Files 2 (I think) mentioned t hat Naltorians cannot trade on the stock market. you make a really good point about Coluans. I wonder if the self-imposed restriction they had, to not invent new things but stick to research, helped ensure they would not have restrictions placed...

might explore this with Orando, LSH Secret Files 2 mentioned they can all cast illusions... though I think I will ignore that, not ALL of them should... and we've never seen others in the comics besides Sensor do that. tying in to your other Qs, I'm going to make it that the other illusion caster is special too in some way.

please go ahead and borrow as much as you want for your Andromeda! She was with the nuns for quite some time, so some of it must have rubbed off on her wink

re Espionage Squad, indeed! in the right situations many can contribute.

glad you're liking Mentalla! I really have a soft spot from her, from her Preboot version.

Thanks re M'Onel, you are right, I forget sometimes how little time he's actually spent outside of the Phantom Zone in the 30th/31st centuries! Shvaughn is really good for him.

Magno's sister Trin is one of my favorite supporting characters, for how good a sister she was to Dyrk. Funny isn't it, XS being the Senior Legionnaire despite being new to the Reboot? I thought they would make a good combination, Umbra has tried befriending Sensor (from the beginning of my Volume 2), while Monstress and Sensor had some budding friendship shortly after Monstress joined. Dyrk and Jenni just make a natural addition to all this.

Re Omar, I'm glad I'm turning him into a horrible person lol. He only really appeared twice I think, L* 53 and L*55. But his rotten attitude always struck me, how unsympathetic he was to Dyrk losing his powers. I figured, someone that rotten to his own brother could be taken in quite a few directions.

Sorry, which one is Spoor? Do you mean Pollen? I figure she's basically Microbe/Drura, but with fungi and plant matter instead of Drura's microbes. Almost the same though. Quite potentially dangerous!

Re Omar, I did leave it a bit vague as to how justified he was. I think in some cases it could be, but I wanted to focus more on his attitude after (the whole "I wanted to kill him!"" bit). that, for me, is where he crossed the line. As I can see cases where a Science Police officer - and even a Legionnaire - would be absolutely justified in making a kill shot. if there was no other alternative. Though in this case, there were definitely alternatives smile

yeah, poor Magno's parents are quite sweet. it won't be easy for them either. And Omar, I did increase his bad attitude from his canon appearances, so I wanted to right in the PTSD as a way to explain.

and Garth is being a good friend back to Dyrk for sure smile Dyrk did save his life before after all

Re Rokk talking to Brainy & co or someone else, all will be revealed soon... smile I admit to writing this scene without really plotting things out well, so I need to have a think! and yes, the Legion Lost crew went through a lot together, so I like the idea of them having a particularly deep bond smile

thanks Omni, appreciate your fast read through and comments! really inspires me to keep writing!

Invisible Brainiac #1003040 05/31/21 04:12 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hi IB,

yeah sorry that should have said are Pollen's spoors like Chloryphyl's seeds. But i like your explanation that she's more like Microbe.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Invisible Brainiac #1003061 06/01/21 01:42 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Omni, oh I get it now, no apologies needed smile It's a very valid explanation too, Pollen's spores = Chlorophyll Kid's seeds = Microbe's, er, microbes. Whatever they have access to before, they can "cast" smile

Page 29 of 49 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,962
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Nick Vinson
Nick Vinson
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star