Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Roll Call - 21st Century Legion
#121033 11/02/11 02:22 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm still researching hours later. Will try to PM you both before I leave for work.

I'm considering doing a major post blast tomorrow. I have many, many posts ready to go that I already wrote that basically bring all my characters to Earth War (or close). So before I do that, I don't want to disrupt whatever you guys are currently doing.

#121034 11/02/11 02:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
'Boot and I have already PMed, Cobie. I've lent him some of mine for his next sequence, and I have 7 Legionnaires left to play with.

Let me know if you need any of mine smile Plotting's my weak point, to be honest, and I work best with smaller groups at a time.

I'll probably just pitch in with whatever you two are doing.

#121035 11/02/11 02:34 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Curious about that, Boot - wonder who you're going to lose from the team? Hmmm...
Who said anything about stuff getting lost? Stuff getting found? That's the problem laugh

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I'm still researching hours later. Will try to PM you both before I leave for work.
Any work going to be done? tongue

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I'm considering doing a major post blast tomorrow. I have many, many posts ready to go that I already wrote that basically bring all my characters to Earth War (or close). So before I do that, I don't want to disrupt whatever you guys are currently doing.
Well, right now (literally if you don't count me stopping to reply smile ), I'm writing up the Andromeda story with this girl:
[Linked Image from 21clmicros.files.wordpress.com]

...and it's actually relatively low-key beyond a couple of flashbacks, mostly setup/getting the cast in place in Cathingham (since this is a dangler from a while back). If you're going to do one of your infamous 20-post splurges*, could you make sure you hold off on firing the actual "starting gun" on EW until I get that posted? I'd rather not be posting that in the midst of a "planet openly at war" thing smile

*I recommend you space it out over a week or so rather than posting them all in one go. That way, the thread stays on the LW front page a lot longer tongue

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#121036 11/02/11 02:38 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Sounds good. I've now figured out where to get started. I have a number of posts to make that are the "Road to Earth War" without actually being the war itself. I'll get those up over the course of the next week or so until we get to the actual "planet openly at war" part. laugh

I've spent all afternoon reminding myself where I'm going with all these plots. laugh

At some point, Jacquie's group is interacting heavily with the Legion in LSH HQ in Manhattan. I'll reread them shortly and let you know which Legionnaires will be present but its all the ones you expect. I'll post that here so if any thing affects where some currently may be (like Tela or Vi) you can let me know.

#121037 11/02/11 02:51 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
FYI, I won't PM tonight but hope to get to it shortly. No kidding, I have about 60 printed pages of material I never posted. Throughout the coming days, I'll reread, post, tweak where needed and get your guys thoughts and advice as we go.

I'll also write up the missing beats between where I left off and the start of Earth War and we can go from there... smile

#121038 11/03/11 02:08 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
60? shocked

So we're going to tie all our threads into Earth War, right? This sounds great, there's plenty of space for our characters to explore.

I already have something in mind for the seven I'm going to use.

'Boot, PM you on the characters we're sharing - I may have plans for them down the line, when you're done with em.

#121039 11/03/11 08:10 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
So I spent my entire afternoon, evening and night catching up on 21CL. I’m not quite done—I have to get through a few more things so I am 100% sure I can remember all the various subplots I was working on, but I’m pretty close. I’ve got to say, IB coming back into the game and Reboot being able to recall everything has inspired me to get back to 21CL! What’s really amazing is that I’ve been working on this story for like 8 years now. Last night I also went through my notes and put them all together to plot out exactly how the Road to Earth War goes and then Earth War itself.

I’m not quite there yet to PM you guys about Earth War with the details and to get ideas, but I’m getting close. Certainly, it will be worth getting some of the broad scope plans in place.

In the meantime, I plan to start posting a few posts a day / every other day for my plots, most of which are pre-written and bring everyone together. Where I left off is the Sentinels are dealing with Mordru’s agents that basically bring everything right up to Earth War; meanwhile, Sensor / Karate Kid / Nemesis / Ferro are on their way to the Legion. That last group will join the Legion (three joining, and Valor rejoining), even though doing so will be a bureaucratic mess and cause all kinds of problems (which I’ll address). Val will also be in all kinds of trouble and I’ll address too.

Reboot, I have a few specific questions for you that are basically just “where did we leave off in our private conversations?”. For instance, I know we created the character Metternich (which by the way, I also named an LMB character the same thing) and I’ve written him into many of my upcoming posts. He’s the liaison for the Legion with the UN and he’s kind of a dick. I just want to make sure this is all still a go. Then there are some more general ones.

For Earth War itself, I have five parts plus epilogues and the main gist of it is this will conclude the war against Mordru that has been building since almost Day 1 of this entire project. Each part has about 5 posts (so maybe 20-30 posts). I will basically utilize almost every character I’ve used thus far to tie up as many loose ends as possible, and my goal is to complete Earth War once and for all. After that, I can kind of move into a “PHASE 2” for what I want to do in 21CL, and that includes focusing on the LSH organization instead of off to the side. For Earth War proper (and there is quite a bit to get to before we do that), we can all coordinate exactly who is where and how it all works. Eventually I’d like to utilize several of the Legion characters myself where they meet the Sentinels and travel to Europe. We can figure this all out as we get closer, but it would probably need to include Dreamer, Violet (given prior interaction), Leviathan (as LSH Leader, leaving Cos in charge back home for Reboot to use), Invisible Kid & Catalyst, my (4) that are about to join obviously, and maybe a few others. Most important, is the story would dictate that Tela should join them as well, the reasons being pretty obvious (I’ll PM you specifics but you probably know already). Naturally, I’ll show her capable and heroic but won’t get too detailed with her character since I consider her “Reboot’s character”.

#121040 11/03/11 10:56 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I'll reply properly later when I'm home w/my notes - but Cobalt, if you want a PM reply, you'll have to bump the other (redux) thread. Seven's now maxed smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#121041 11/03/11 11:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Sounds awesome to me. Both of you can develop your own threads, while I take care of those Legionnaires and other characters whom you won't use. I'll also try to develop the other arenas of war that you won't explore laugh

#121042 11/04/11 08:42 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
So my latest two posts today tie up a loose end with the Sentinels as we continue to move forward towards Earth War. I won't post again until sometime next week, so don't worry--there won't be 2-3 posts every day.

My next posts will include Jacquie, Val, Hasim & Ferro face to face with the LSH. For those posts, I wrote in the following Legionnaires: Cos, Tela, Garth, Condo, Lyle, Jan, Nura, Vi, Quis and Gene, plus RJ Brande. Is this going to be okay? It's basically just a meeting in the LSH HQ. But I want to be sure it doesn't disrupt anyone's plans or where any Legionnaires are right now.

My next goal today and this weekend is to get caught up 100% on your guys stories!

Also, prior to each post I make, I'll check here for any Legionnaires I might include and if that disrupts anything.

#121043 11/04/11 08:51 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Sounds like a great plan, Cobie, thanks.

I've lent Zoe, Jenni, Jazmin and Blizzard to 'Boot for his part. I'm toying with the idea of a short (2-3 posts) scene with Drura, Berta, Candi, Chuck, Jan, Quis and Drake that will explore the opening tensions of Earth War. Beyond that, I don't really have any plans yet.

I'll wait and see how your plots develop before jumping in much.

I'd love to catch up 100% on all the posts you two have done but I'm afraid it'll take me until next summer to do that tongue

#121044 11/04/11 11:40 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Checking - neither of you have any plans for Glorith? (this isn't re: Earth War, but a longer-term thing)

#121045 11/05/11 07:38 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I did after Earth War and can PM them (they're kind of obvious once you think about it). But if youve got something planned out, maybe I can change them around...

#121046 11/07/11 09:45 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Cobalt, I'll get to a full reply to your PM tomorrow, but just for the record - yes, Shvaughn Erin's been introduced (don't have the link just now). And you later added a "Siobhan Erin" too .

Let's not add a Siubhan, Chevonne or Schvaughn on top wink

#121047 11/08/11 06:17 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Ah. I should have known that. laugh

Didn't realize I used the Siohban spelling, which I've always loved. That will do for my plans...

#121048 04/23/12 08:27 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Spent some of the time I spent failing to write over the last couple of days making micros. Firstly, an updated Spark to match the con sketch I got at LSCC (which, in turn, was based on a micro I didn't post because it didn't seem good enough to post. Funny how these things work out!):

And, secondly, some Academy students from the Earth War story - Synch, Jubilee & Tomb [I've actually got a couple more done, but since they're of Cobalt's characters, I should check with him before posting them! wink ]:
[Linked Image from 21clmicros.files.wordpress.com] [Linked Image from 21clmicros.files.wordpress.com] [Linked Image from 21clmicros.files.wordpress.com]

#121049 04/29/12 05:31 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I like Spark's new costume. In fact, I like it more than any costume Ayla Ranzz has ever worn in the comics.

Like the students too, particularly Synch. The outfit fits what I know of his personality.

Originally posted by Reboot:
Checking - neither of you have any plans for Glorith? (this isn't re: Earth War, but a longer-term thing)
Nada, no plans for Glorith. No immediate plans for any characters after Earthwar in fact, I'm not good at planning for permanent changes.

#121050 07/08/12 08:42 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Got behind with my micro posting, it seems. Going to post them in batches, starting with some ancillary characters - supporting cast, and a pair of villains.

Starting with the villains, the Lightning Lords, from " Lords and Masters ", after Mark Raines got himself "twinned" :

A couple of Marvel-based characters - Rachel Dayspring (i.e., Rachel Summers) who debuted in "Lords and Masters" and appeared in "Beast War"/"Penumbra" , and Julia Carpenter (i.e., Spider-Woman II) from "A Good Day to Die":
[Linked Image from 21clmicros.files.wordpress.com] [Linked Image from 21clmicros.files.wordpress.com]

Tazmin Tomas, the former Arra of the Táloc (daughter of the deceased Michael [Mikkal] Tomas) and new Academy student as of the aforementioned " Penumbra ":

And finally, a couple of characters from my next post wink

#121051 07/08/12 09:13 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Color me intrigued!

Liking Tazmin's big hair a lot wink And Julia Carpenter also happens to be my fave among the Spider-Women, so thumbs-up for reimagining her.

#121052 07/11/12 02:00 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
And some more!

First, a couple more supporting characters - the Legion's main MD, Dr. James Llewellyn, and their psychologist Dr. Ryker (21CL Dr. Gym'll and Dr. Ryk'rr respectively). Along with a random Dreamer repost just to show that they're short! (Although these are definitely not to any sort of precise scale, the taller micros are meant to represent taller characters and vice-versa):

[Linked Image from 21clmicros.files.wordpress.com] [Linked Image from 21clmicros.files.wordpress.com] [Linked Image from 21clmicros.files.wordpress.com]

And now, the main Academy lineup. Some of which I've posted before, but it's easier this way smile :
[Linked Image]

The teachers group at the left (front to back) is John Jones (guess who wink ), Dani Moonstar, Shikari and Gates.

The flying students are Eagle (Akasha Martinez, the briefly-seen Living Pharaoh II from Marvel) and Flying Fox (the infamous Floating Fox-Like Creature Boy!).

Then the main group of students is (L to R): Everett/Synch, Jubilee, Janet/Giant-Girl*, Sofia (Winddancer), Nori/Surge, Sul/Reflex, Ojiako/Tomb**, Dietrich/Magno, Tazmin, Sandy/Inferno, Jennifer/Particon and Cobalt's trio of Jed Riccard/Powerhouse, Tanya Scott/Lamprey and Serena Grava/Comet Queen.

(phew!)

*Based on the Marvel Adventures Avengers version of Janet van Dyne
**Yes, Tomb's a Legion character, albeit a one-shot from Showcase '95 #6

#121053 07/11/12 08:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I didn't know it was Cobie who'd introed Jed, Tanya and Serena. You had such a good handle on them that I thought you were their creators!

And, I really, really should hurry up and read all the posts I missed...

#121054 07/11/12 09:24 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Well, you should read the posts tongue , but technically I'm the only one who's posted stuff with them so far, even though I was just establishing them for Cobalt at his request [Crystal Kid's cameo early in BW - he's the "blue-haired kid" Nori snaps at for turning his chair into "blue-white crystal" in pt 2 - was also at Cobalt's request! smile ]

#121055 07/12/12 05:35 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Great work on the micros....Comet Queen and Lamprey look awesome!! smile

#121056 07/25/12 09:34 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Some of iB & Cobalt's guys (mostly Legionnaires) this time. From left to right - Rebound (Bouncing Boy), Blizzard (Polar Boy), Amazon (Monstress), Hygeia (Infectious Lass), Amihan (Nightwind), Element Lad, Ferro, Catalyst (Chemical King), Valor (Karate Kid) and Ultra Boy!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#121057 07/25/12 09:54 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Loving the costumes. Like how Rebound's combines China's red with the Philippines' 8-pointed star (is that a correct assumption?)? And I know I've said this before, but especially love the pirate look of Amihan, Amazon's party girl/girl gladiator look, and Hygeia's antennae and the homage to Ice of the JLA.

Oh, and Valor's uniform especially is nice.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,089
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star