Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Duplicate Boy and Shrinking Violet have The Talk
#125170 08/14/10 11:21 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Shrinking Violet: OK, this is really embarrasing.

Duplicate Boy: I still don't get it.

Shrinking Violet: You're not duplicating Durlan shape-shifting are you?

Duplicate Boy: No! I mean… well, no.

Shrinking Violet: Well, apparently, I mean, obviously, see, on Lallor, females nurse their babies, so they have, you know, prominent secondary sexual characteristics, if you see what I mean. Whereas, on Imsk, and I would imagine in like, most of the rest of the galaxy, females are big and broad-shouldered and flat-chested, because they have to be big and strong to go through pregnancy, right. And the males are the ones that nurse the babies, while the females are recovering, which seems like a really more equitable division of labor, if you get what I mean.

Duplicate Boy: No, I'm pretty sure that Lallor is, uh, more like everywhere else, and Imsk is, uh, like you said.

Shrinking Violet: Really? Oh, come on. R. J. Brande is, like, obviously so pregnant.

Duplicate Boy: No, I'm pretty sure he just got fat.

Shrinking Violet: And in Interlac, "Lad", and "Boy", means male?

Duplicate Boy: That's right.

Shrinking Violet: And when people say "Girl", and "Lass", and "Maid", and "Damsel", they mean female? No, come on. We use the word "Damsel" on Imsk. It means a male who hasn't..."

Duplicate Boy: I'm pretty sure everywhere else it means a female who hasn't.

Shrinking Violet: And when the other, uh, girl Legionnaires say that Ultra Boy is really masculine... you mean that's like a compliment? That is so funny!

Duplicate Boy: Do they say that? What do they say about me?

Shrinking Violet: Wow. This is a little hard to get my head around. So you think Saturn Girl is female? That would explain a lot.

Duplicate Boy: Yes, I'm pretty sure. Titans and Earthlings and Lallorians are all descended from the same basic stock. And Naltorans and Cargggites and Bismollians and Braaliens and Xanthuans and Kathooni and Winathites...

Shrinking Violet: But Imkians and Orzdean aren't. We're from Krillian stock. Say, does that mean Ayla is a female? You know, I mean, where it counts. So in Interlac, "brother" would mean "male sibling", and "sister" means "female sibling"?

Duplicate Boy: Look, I'm still a little freaking out about all this. I mean, we kissed. We almost...

Shrinking Violet: Well, obviously our relationship is going to have to change, but we can still be friends, right? I mean... hey, you wouldn't mind if I asked Ayla out, would you?

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Re: Duplicate Boy and Shrinking Violet have The Talk
#125171 08/14/10 09:11 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
hahahaha that's hilarious - Duplicate Boy is such a dumb ox, love it =)

Klar Ken T5477 #867269 08/30/15 01:15 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
That WAS funny! What an interesting take on Imsk.

Klar Ken T5477 #867290 08/30/15 06:54 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Klar, this is great! Very very funny. Love it, and love your take on the Legion, it's always inventive, subversive and yet respectful, amazing stuff. Thank you for posting this, it has made my day reading it.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Klar Ken T5477 #867329 08/30/15 10:26 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Some neat cultural ideas in here! I'm surprised more perceptions like this haven't been explored in the lore.

Good job, Klar!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,089
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star