Roll Call
1 members (Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker), 118 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/28/24 08:39 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:30 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:28 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:26 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Saturn Girl Apologists: Rally Round
#19272 08/08/05 06:21 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Two weeks ago, inspired by Starboy's sychophantic example Cos apologists rationalized his abberant behaviour. Not to be outdone B5 apologists reinterpreted his actions over the past 40 years of stories and Legion historians cleared the Time Trapper's name.

Fellow SaturnGirl apologists we are faced with a grave crisis. The anti-Imra rhetoric continues unabated throughout Legion World. As such, the Heroic United Society for Seeking Imra's Exonoration (HUSSIE) is dedicated to rehabilitating her heroic legacy. So please get your membership dues in.

To recognize your contributions, commemorative medallions bearing a heroic visage may be issued.

Re: Saturn Girl Apologists: Rally Round
#19273 08/08/05 07:36 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Every large group needs their diva laugh

The FIRST female team leader in all of comics!

When Saturn Girl wanted something, she did not sit back and let it fall by the wayside! She was the only female to compete in the strongest Legionnaire contest! Even when the Time Trapper had them all turned into babies, Imra-tot was the only one to tell him what a bad man he was!

Truly, Saturn Girl was the one of the greatest Legionnaires ever, in all different boots!

So what she animated Cos's comatose body as her love doll and then tricked Ultra Boy by pretending to be Tinya? Her founder status allows her to have these types of mental setbacks every so often!

The Universo Project should have been renamed "Saturn Girl and the Legion of Super-Heroes" for Valor's sake!

I'm surprised DC didn't make a sequel to Crisis in which Saturn Girl reanimates the body of the Anti-Monitor as her love slave and holds all of space and time at ransom. Why? Because Imra can do whatever she wants! HA!

#19274 08/08/05 07:48 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ooops! Sorry I was looking for the Cosmic Boy apologist support meeting!

Carry on, oh Hussified Ones! laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#19275 08/08/05 08:34 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Cobie will be first to recieve a medallion bearing Saturn Girl's likeness. These will be shipped pending availability of Spectrium bars. Vee your dedication to Cos is admirable. The HUSSIE welcomes all guests.

Now for the percieved transgressions that HUSSIE is seeking to inform the world about.

Pre-boot
  • Rigging an election, getting Garth killed
  • Obsessing over dead Garth, getting Proty fried
  • Not telling Tinya Joe was alive when he lost his memory and was with the pirates
  • The Brin incident
  • Conspiring with Brainy et al to get the Time Trapper, killing Lu's body

Reboot
  • Using comatose Cos as a puppet of love
  • The various incidents around Legion Lost
  • Mistreating Jarth

Threeboot
  • Excessive use of her powers to advance her aims on Rimworld and on Jo

This is not a definitive list. HUSSIEs please feel free to add and rationalize your own incidences to this.

#19276 08/08/05 08:50 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
The anti-Imra rhetoric continues unabated throughout Legion World.
Really? I hadn't noticed. Who on Earth would do that??

Imra is actually a very nice girl <koff>. She uses her fantastic psionic and sexual powers to do what's best for the universe as we know it, no matter the personal price, and is much too smart to let dumb things like ethics, morality and loyalty <koff, pitooey, koff> get in the way. It was evident from the very beginning. For example, I'm sure she had a good reason for allowing the Brain Globes of Rambat to take over her mind when she could have easily resisted them. Superboy deserved to die in horrible pain, that much is certain. And then to turn around and kiss the older Kal-El twice under the mistletoe, that was not only sweet but in the best interests of Legion unity. I can't understand why Garth got so upset over that. He's such a baby. And the thing a bit later with the medallions and the power stealing. <koff, choke, koff> You know, thank God someone had the guts to force that yutz Cosmic Boy out of office by whatever means possible. So what if she got Lightning Lad killed? He deserved it for getting in her way.

All the memorable stuff she did in the ensuing years - Tamper Lad's list contains only the things that were officially chronicled and fit for public consumption - all that stuff is easily justified if people would just taken a moment to think straight and view it in the correct context. People who refuse to understand her are just stupid.

What a gal! What a great hero! I can't wait until it's revealed that Imra is actually the brains behind the internal coup. Maybe she's even behind Lemnos, too, for the good of the galaxy! (He's really her cousin with whom she has frequent, semi-incestuous sex, I believe.)

So can I have my medallion now, please?

#19277 08/08/05 08:51 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Strong and strong-willed, with a power that demands rigorous training to master and which many people fear, Saturn Girl is never one to go along to get along. She acta according to a strong moral compass which others did not always appreciate: when she is judged to be "invading minds" or controlling people, it is a matter of survival or necessity. She does not spy on teammates out of curiousity, spite or politics. She probably has a much better understanding of how the mind and consciousness work, and has to put up with criticism from people ignorant of this knowledge.

(Did people complain when Atmos controlled Dream Girl and used her as his love-slave? No. And he didn't even have a noble motive, like saving the team or keeping everybody mentally together.)

She admits when she is wrong (as when Lyle confronted her prejudice in the Kwai galaxy) and takes measures to rectify the matter.

She has a strong sense of right and wrong. She defended a somewhat ungrateful and uncooperative Brainiac 5 in the Conspiracy arc, not out of friendship but for fairness' sake.

She believes in her teammates; she isn't quick to distrust. She believed in the Super-pets when everyone else (except Supergirl) was insulting to them.

She was a good mother. She set aside her pride and hatred of villains to plead on her knees to Darkseid for her son.

She accepted Garth/Proty because she valued him for his character and love, not his appearance or race. She even moved to his planet, adapted to the cultural mores without compromising her own sense of self (no topless gallivanting through the fields for Imra), helped Garth to rehabilitate his villainous brother and actually lived with her in-laws (Ayla & Mekt) and their associated hangers-on.

She has never resorted to tears, self-pity, fainting fits, irresponsibility, temper tantrums, love-sickness, self-absorption or jealousy - traits which the other females and some of the males have exhibited.

Oh yes - where do I send my H.U.S.S.I.E. membership dues? As soon as I become an official member, I'm moving for a name change!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#19278 08/08/05 11:07 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Medallions are on the way, pending availability. However Tromium's medallion will be held in escrow pending a review of his post for suspected sarcasm. wink

#19279 08/08/05 03:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Imra has nothing to apologize for. She's better than you* and she knows it.

She's not snooty, she's knowledgeable. She isn't wicked, she's determined.

Who you gonna go to in a pinch, eh? Your Star Boys, Life Lasses and Lampreys? HA. I doubt it.

You're going to go to IMRA, that's who. *She* gets the job DONE.

*you = everyone

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#19280 08/08/05 05:25 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
I say FEH! to all the Imra bashers!

I loved it when she tongue wrestled Superman right in front of Lightning Man in that story where Kara was trying to find Kal a wife.

#19281 08/08/05 07:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
i couldn't have said it any better than lash.

#19282 08/09/05 03:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Imra wore a pink bikini! Isn't that apology enough for any bad behavior on her part?

Dan
#19283 08/09/05 06:47 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I see that though a minority we are, the HUSSIE will be silent no longer.

I agree. What is democracy to someone like Imra other than a dictatorship of the ignorant? Bring on a 31st century of enlightened despotism. How smart people could ever submit to mere popularity contests is beyond me.

#19284 08/09/05 12:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
i concur! here here!!! they are the sheep and she is the shepard.

#19285 08/10/05 02:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
She has the best interests of you at heart because she knows what you truly want.

As a leader and a woman even now Imra has to put up with men talking her down because of her sex. These men feel threatened by her, they need to over compensate and so she becomes a Hussy. A hussy for doing what most men would never even think twice about. For taking charge and getting the job done.

As a certain William Moulton Marston might have said. “give a (30th century) man a proud strong woman to submit too……”

Faithfull
#19286 08/10/05 04:01 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

Reboot
  • The various incidents around Legion Lost

Funny you bring this up in response to the Cos apologists, because Imra in Legion Lost is what Cos-in-threeboot's behavior most reminds me of.

Still, for some reason, Saturn Girl is a character I've never really been able to think badly of. Even when she's doing something as obviously wrong as making Jo think Tinya is with them, I can't help feeling she thought she was doing the right thing.

Like threeboot Cos, I never got the impression that Imra did those things as a means towards personal power, but more due to a slight savior complex.

I'd probably vote vor her, whether she was mind controlling me to do so or not.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,980
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
BouncingBear
BouncingBear
San Francisco
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star