Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 45 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/27/24 08:36 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:38 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Re: San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary!
#225262 07/20/11 10:04 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
jealous of all that are there because I want to be there! Have a great time and tell us what DC freebies are out there that you get!

#225263 07/21/11 01:33 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Comicon International 2011 update: Pbs made it, hung out with Nighty, got a stress ball (which is awesome) and buttons, and a Cham bag to carry it all in (which is also awesome).

Passed by the Regal Beagle (!!!) on the way back to my hotel, that has an awesome bar with a live band that plays 'the girl from ipanema' but calls it 'the girl from west covina' LOL.

#225264 07/21/11 11:39 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Man, that's going to be so much fun. Enjoy, and take pics for us!

My extremely cool aunt and uncle are going, so I asked them to drop by the booth for me. I feel like a greedy kid. Can't wait for 2013!

#225265 07/21/11 07:38 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Keep us updated! Have a blast! Someone get blackout drunk on night one!

#225266 07/21/11 11:31 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Day 1 from my side:

- Jet-lagged Sharky didn't notice my snoring (!)

- Legion World table is awesome (as always, thanks to Nighty)

- Panels w/Grant Morrison (hilarious), Roy Thomas, Paul Levitz, and the first of four "Relaunch" panels w/Didio (exhausting). The latter did feature a couple of pages from the new Legion title... looks great.

- Randomly met a shaved headed Judd Winick.

- Met Legion World poster, veryvery, from the "Super Future Friends" podcast who gave me a cool Lana Lang sketch and, if all goes well, will be joining us when we get together for the group dinner.

- Had a smaller dinner tonight w/ Sharky and Peebs (martini for me, beer for Peebs, and water for Sharky - got to keep those gills hydrated, you know).

- Filled a bunch of gaps in the comic collection (including the first Legion origin issue)

- Walked a TON (according to the pedometer - 9 1/2 miles... those feet are killing me)

- Director Lad has the board's coolest facial hair... bar none!

- Can't wait until tomorrow! smile

#225267 07/22/11 08:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Keep us updated! Have a blast! Someone get blackout drunk on night one!
And someone stay whiteout sober to report on all the events!

Have fun, all you lucky participants. Wish I could have joined you.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#225268 07/22/11 09:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
no blackout drunkeness yet.

Yesterday was fun, I waited in line for Sarah Michelle Geller's panel for 2 hours only to make it half way through the line.

I at first saw a line with about 25 people in it, and was like oh that's short ... i'll leisurely east my sandwich. Turns out that line was for the deaf and disabled. (not the dimwits like me)

I finally found my proper line .... which was endless. It was by far the longest line i have ever even seen, it ran way out past the convention center out into the harbor! (then i ran with my food in my hands to the end of the line ... it was kinda like LOTR)

So, there were some warning signs .... as the people in front of me were in line for something at 530 and the panel i wanted to make was at 145 ...

not only did this line go out to the harbor, once we reached the convention center again, the line stretched all the way up and down the convention center (which is many blocks long) TWICE.

I did stick it out until about 245 just for the total experience. (hysterical laughing at the ridiculousness, anger, frustration, hysterical laughter again, sadness over never being able to see the SMG)

Then I walked around a bit more, (saw Xander from Buffy, and a couple actors from Star Trek Voyager) Went to a roy thomas panel, sat through a Mad Magazine panel which was pretty good actually, and then there was a Paul Levitz panel with a good Legion World representation. It was partly moderated by Marv Wolfman but he didnt talk about his own work. It was mostly about Paul's career and start in comics way back when.

i haven't had time to shop yet for comics, or get much freebies. I will though!!!

The highlight so far has been hanging out with other Legion Worlders. We need more get togethers!

I seem to have caught Shark Lad and Exnihil's jet lag since I woke up at 6 am. (or maybe I'm just too excited for comic con)

It's already been madness at the convention, i can not imagine how it will be once saturday comes.

#225269 07/22/11 10:22 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
so PB, were all the pens confiscated from the people waiting in line?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#225270 07/22/11 10:37 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Exnihil brought me an invaluable vinyl record of the Legion of Super-Heroes song "The Great Name Dropper yesterday!

Thanks again Ex!

#225271 07/22/11 07:18 PM
Leader
Leader
Stopped by the table dressed as Admiral Akbar, this afternoon to bring Nighty and Mogli a belated Christmas card I found on my desk recent. The schwag is j'amazing, well done!.

#225272 07/23/11 01:13 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Day 2 from my side:

- More subdued; less walking - only 7 1/2 miles today!

- Did a little celeb sighting. Talked to a couple former contestants from the Amazing Race (never know when inside info might come in handy wink )

- Got a very special photo for a certain Buck Rogers fan on this board... posting to follow Monday

- Went to an Alan Davis panel; nice fellow - very forthcoming

- Cheaply filled some more holes in the collection, including one of my long sought after issues, "The Superman Super-Spectacular!" This is the infamous issue in which Supes reveals his secret identity to JFK... but had the misfortune of being published shortly after JFK had been shot.

- Went to lunch with Sharky and Peebs, then wandered around a bit with the two outside of the Convention. We went to Seaport Village for some great photo ops.

- Caught up with Jeff Moy and comissioned a sketch of Ayla Ranzz (complete with "Moy Tongue"). In talking with Moy, he told me that he and his brother Phillip are going to be handling the art chores on a six issue miniseries from IDW starting in OCT: A Legion of Superheroes/Star Trek crossover!

- Saw the new DC animated film, "Batman: Year One". Fairly faithful adaptation but a bit "meh" on the action quotient as a result.

- Looking forward to tomorrow... a Deepak Chopra/Grant Morrison panel... mind blown!

#225273 07/23/11 01:11 PM
Leader
Leader
Monkey Eater has arrived and will be signing at the booth for the next hour.

#225274 07/24/11 12:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yesterday, I was wiped out but here's the summary of the panels I went to :

There are some morsels I picked up from the DC 52 Panel.

I 'm too tired to write everything out in a digested form but here are some tidbits. (soem may call them spoilers)

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Power Girl will be in Mr. Terrific. No issue numbers were given though, or what form she would be in. I think they actually said Karen Star not 'PG'. </span></span>

Wonder Woman
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">may not be single shrug </span></span>

Superman <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">dosn't have Lois yet, they said the fact that Clark dosn't have Lois is critical to the character's motivation and complexity</span></span>

Titans
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">No Wally, No Donna ... It's not looking good for the Titans</span></span>

Gay characters
Batwoman is a lesbian, Apollo and Midnighter are a gay couple, and Voodoo will be bisexual. But I wonder how much airtime the apollo midnighter relationship will get … or if it will just be their prior relationship. Published under a previous line.

They aren't creating any new characters now, they are waiting to see how these characters do.

No JSA for now, they're taking a rest.

In general it seems like they want to change the energy of their line, start fresh but, they said most of the existing story lines happened (such as the killing joke, Doomsday) and they said to trust Gail Simone's story for Barbara Gordon.

Aquaman's supposed to be more of a badass.

Batgirl
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Stephanie Brown will be in gotham ... in some form, whatever that means. </span></span>

--------------------------------------------------

X-Men Panel (X Line Panel)

The X-Men schism story concludes in october, as does the avenger's children's crusade, as does fear itself.

so DC in September and Marvel in October.

The schism story divides the mutants via
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">team cyclops and team wolverine. </span></span>

and it looks like somebody dies
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">cyclops. but i don't know for 100%. they said he might not be around or something several times</span></span>

after october starts 'X-Men Regenesis event'. with two camps of muties.

so they're trying to say that the new dichodomy is cyclops and wolvie instead of prof x and magneto but they havent said exactly what the schism is over. what their arguments may be.

personally i think

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">jean comes back through hope or something</span></span>

OH and a big thing, i'm kinda thinking is a non event
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">frackers are ending uncanny x-men after all this time and starting at uncanny x-men #1 after their petty schism event. </span></span>

UNCANY X-FORCE got a lot of cheers.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">seems like some or a lot of characters are coming over from the age of apocalypse dimension (specifically nighty seems to be the crowds supposition) (and sounds like jean too?) and the age of apocalypse may be an ongoing thing ... there's also gonna be some new horsemen of the apocalypse</span></span>

X-Factor is going to have some big changes after these storylines concludes <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">i think if mutants arise again and have powers maybe their mission changes?</span></span>

Ritor
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">about x-factor 230 rahne gives birth and there's a shocking death.

Rictor's powers are indeed back permanently ... i was afraid it was a dream or hoax but it will be issue 225 before the x-factor plot catches up with avengers childrens crusade</span></span>

There's also going to be a 20th anniversary recolored release of x-men #1. which sold 8.2 million copies they said ... and boasted that nothing in september will sell that. that's what they said. It's the top selling comic of all time. i bought it.

(i also dropped the x-men i had been reading since i was five a few issues after X-Men #1 when chris claremont left... and it sounds like he was pushed out .. which led to my quitting comics for many years in the 90s) but you know. shrug

Deadpool
there's going to be an evil deadpool which is the combination of all the body parts he's lost over the years. he has two right hands. (im not making this up)

More Uncanny X-force:

They may be taking Betsy back to otherworld soon. The writer chooses for her not to be telekinetic or have all her other crazy powers. And more Rahne Rictor Shatterstar love triangle.

Cable is also dead still.

Runaways as a title is resting now but some characters may pop up here and there.

after October the X-Men/Muties/X-Books will have a much larger role in the Marvel Universe ... but they've been forshadowing that.

And the biggest news to me:

DAKEN is pronouced DAHKEN. not DAYKEN. weird.

#225275 07/24/11 12:04 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
double post. bad internet.

#225276 07/24/11 12:12 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Last Night:

Sharky and I were waiting in the very long line to get into the hall to watch the premiere of Batman Year One. When .... an angel comes over us and says she has two reentry tickets to the hall, she was in there before and they gave her reentry tickets and we could have them.

It took us a moment to understand just what she was saying ...

and then we were like "YESSSS!!!"

so we've got two tickets to the hall, but there's three of us including EX ... so we thought only two of us could get in but .... we were waiting in the 'reentry' line ... and there was some drama about them changing their mind about letting in the people with reentry tickets again, and finally they said 'ok, reentry tickets can go back in' and everyone rushed the door. .... and Pbs (without a ticket) .... snuck in behind EX and Sharky as everyone was rushing through the door.

... and we got awesome seats because the hall was basically empty as they hadn't started letting people in yet.

The movie was pretty good too. wink

#225277 07/24/11 12:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Today, I woke up late, couldn't find parking, stopped by the table, slaughtered Mandalorians by the thousands, stalked Marina Sirtis, took lots of pictures of people in costume, went shopping for comics with EX and Sharky, went to an LGBT in comics panel, had dinner with the amazing Legion Worlders.

Tomorrow's the last day. frown

#225278 07/24/11 12:29 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Day 3 from my side:

- Walking diminished again, but by a less noticible factor - down to "just" 7 miles.

- Went to an amazing panel with Deepak Chopra and Grant Morrison discussing the spiritual element of the comic hero... sort of modern reenvisioning of mythological stories. At the tail end Chopra led the audience in a heart chakra meditation where we envisioned our inner hero and attemped to actualize it in the world. It may sound offbeat, but it was very moving.

- Stood in line w/Sharky for a "Community" panel for TWO HOURS... after which we did not get in. No foul, though, it was a very pleasant wait next to the harbor, and was really nice to spend some time actually getting some fresh air.

- A little more wandering the floor. Picked up my Jeff Moy sketch of Ayla... so cute. smile

- Spent a lot more time at the LW table today pressing the flesh.

- Took tons of photos and quite a bit of video for a side venture... more on which later.

- And wrapped up the day with my favorite part, the LW dinner. In attendence were myself, Sharky, Peebs, Nighty, Mowgli, Monkey-Eater Lad, Director Lad, and Nighty's charming friend Mathilda... who was kind enough to act as our group photographer.

- I head out tomorrow, but the rest of the gang should have some more tidbits. Thanks to evryone for such a wonderful time, and especially Nighty, who made sure our representation there was both positive and smooth. LLLW!

#225279 07/25/11 05:29 PM
Leader
Leader
Glad to hear so much fun was had! Wish I could of joined y'all. Hopefully I'll be able to for 2012!

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#225280 07/26/11 02:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sunday was a blur, I think everyone was tired, I didn't really take notes on the panels so my memory is hazy.

CBR has the panels covered pretty well though.

I went to a Marvel panel ... I think the entire panel was hung over, the moderator had a raspy voice and was holding onto the podium for dear life.

One thing about Hulk :

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">He will eb split from Banner (again) but this time Hulk will have to leave his idyllic life in the savage land to stop an evil Banner. </span></span>

Other than that there is a major character returning out of Fear Itselfs ending. I think they said this person was powerless and the entire Marvel U is going to be after them. shrug

here's an article of the Marvel Panel:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33530

and more in depth:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33529

They announced a New Defenders title with Red She Hulk, Dr Strange, Iron Fist, Silver Surfer, and Namor, and they said some others but didnt say who.

I like Jennifer Walters as She Hulk personally, anyway, we are supposed to learn why Iron Fist's costume is white, and get to see Dr Strange do martial arts and all the other stuff he can do besides magic.

and they have this whole thing about recovering the hammers from Fear Itself, everybody wants one, I guess Valkyrie plays a big role.

Niko of the Runaways may be returning in a new Marvel Title.

After, I went to a panel on the DCU Costumes.

the iamges can be seen here:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33553&ref=nf

I like some fo them like Batgirl and Superboy but, some don't seem very new, and some seem very 90s ... (looking at you bart)

anyway Supergirl
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Is going to have slightly different powers from Superman and is going to be on the run the isntant she hits the planet</span></span>

not sure about her lack of knee pads costume, but it seems inspired by her long sleeve costume she wore in the legion and anything beats that bare midriff one.

Many of the images in the article aren't the final ones, I prefer the Wonder Girl designs to what we're getting. and Black Canary's is different too. Harley Quinn's costume got boos.

I really like this sketch of Mon-El and Ultra Boy's new(ish) costumes.

After that panel, was a DC 52 panel which got some very aggressive questions from the audience about the lack of diversity in the new 52. Other than that I don't think anything new was offered.

Barbara Gordon will be younger, but still brilliant, and here history will be dealt with over time. Gail Simone was on the panel.

Firestorm
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">It seems like Firestorm is some sort of global (defense) weapon, so i'm not sure if there a dozons of Firestorms or just a few but, there's definatley more than one, and the main character of the book is a young guy. </span></span>

Here's a far better article of the DC52 panel than the story i'm telling. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33532

The Flash
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">and Iris Allen aren't married (I think he's dating someone else) but this is a young flash and he has lots of time to get together with Iris. </span></span>

also Stormwatch's Apollo and Midnighter
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">are still gay but haven't fallen in love yet, so there will be some dating and romance as they get together</span></span>

After that, we just hung out and walked around the floor one more time. and I drove the long way back to reality. laugh

#225281 07/26/11 05:01 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by ActorLad:
Glad to hear so much fun was had! Wish I could of joined y'all. Hopefully I'll be able to for 2012!
You and me both, ActorLad!

Thanks for the news and recaps, everyone. Can't wait to see pictures!

#225282 07/31/11 06:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Red Robin by Francis Manapul

[Linked Image]

Well worth the two hour wait...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#225283 08/26/11 09:14 PM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Unpinning thread now. If you'd like the thread to be re-pinned, please PM me or another MMB mod. Thanks.

#225284 05/15/12 03:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Re-Pinned.

Legion World will continue to have a table at San Diego Comic Con each year including 2012 and the infamous 2013!

Each year, we will be giving out cool goodies. Hopefully, everyone can stop by and hang out and enjoy the serenity of the San Diego Comic Con.

Our ten-year anniversary is 2013, so please save up for that one!

This year and in 2013 (save up!), we'll be handing out these -

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

- as well as several other cool items (some from last year, some new).

It'd be nice to have as many members attend as possible. I've had to "hire" volunteers from my work this year to man the table which is all kinds of sad and it would be more pathetic to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Legion World without any LWers in attendance except me and Kabir.

#225285 05/15/12 04:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Anyone that is going to be there willing to get something for me (actually a gift for my daughter)?

Money to be sent before or after...up to you.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#225286 05/15/12 07:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Dev, let me know what it is and we'll see what we can do. Is it an exclusive?

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,962
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Nick Vinson
Nick Vinson
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star