Roll Call
1 members (Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler), 68 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:44 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:41 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Re: Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis
#244998 03/20/10 12:54 PM
Deputy
Deputy
<In Lardy's Office>

<Accepts a form from Lt. Hutch Starsky, head of L.W.S.O.C.S.I.>

So, The bullet came thru that window... You'd think with the number of times he's been attacked there's be bullet-proof glass in there.

Is Mr Cobalt or Space Ranger on their way here yet?

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#244999 03/20/10 05:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<Dev flies to the door of Lardy's office>

Sorry, got sidetracked with a side project.

<Looks around the room>

What the hel...sorry Everyday Girl. What happened here?

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#245000 03/20/10 06:23 PM
Active
Active
Furball comes up behind Dev Em and scans the area>

Rello Ms. Egirl.

<sniff sniff>
I smell romething odd.

<sniff sniff>
Burret rame through the rindow.

Go see if I can pick upp rumthing.

<Furball goes over to the window, studies it very carefully, and runs back out the door.>

<Dev looks back as he heads out the door as well.>

I'm going to follow him and make sure he doesn't run into anything that he can't handle. He's tough and strong as anything, but a little single minded when he gets like this. I'll check back in once we know something.

#245001 03/20/10 06:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<hears gunshots as he's leaving the security office>

why do i hang out here again? oh look that cute puppy is running away...

better go get him and bring him back. i don't even think he's wearing tags.

#245002 03/20/10 07:23 PM
Deputy
Deputy
<In Lardy's Office, EDG watches as the investigating team led by Lt Hutch Starsky puts the finishing touches on their investigation of the crime scene. In her hands she holds two small sealed packages, both marked evidence.>

Ohmygod I wish Gramps matlock wasn't off planet. I just like don't know what to make of this. Why would someone shoot Mr Lard Lad with a SILVER Bullet?

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#245003 03/21/10 04:13 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
ATTENTION ALL SECURITY OFFICERS

Dev-Em has officially been given top priority status as a security officer for this office, working on behalf of Cobalt Kid. He is to be treated with the utmost respect, as he probably outranks you (and in fact, is of equal rank or superior to anyone other than Space Ranger, Matlock or myself).

Since he will be working on my behalf in the coming weeks on a mission of the extreme importance and high secrecy, he will have access to all files and records he would like to view as well as all venues and forums on Legion World.

If you have any questions, please leave a message with my assistants and I will respond to you in due course.

- Cobalt Kid
Chief of Security

#245004 03/21/10 06:11 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<flies back at top speed>

Okay, Security Officers follow me. Everyone huddle around and move quickly and when I tell you to. We're on a Code Red Alert.

I want the full forensics report on where Lardy was shot. Get that to me ASAP.

Monitor all communications traffic on Legion World for the next 24 hours. The attacks seem to have ceased but we need to be on the scene immediately after another one happens.

<looks at all the young female interns; can't seem to find one he feels stands out as someone he can bang ideas back and forth with>

Girls, listen, I need a list of all events taking place on Legion World within the next few days. While I have a suspicion, I want to make sure there aren't any other events going on that might also explain these attacks.

Keep walking with me people. We've got work to do.

#245005 03/21/10 06:17 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

<looks at all the young female interns; can't seem to find one he feels stands out as someone he can bang ideas back and forth with>

I guess I'm back to being chopped liver...

Serves me right for not quitting.

No, I was Never a Bond Girl...
#245006 03/21/10 06:23 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
My! Don't you get all mad at me too. I was talking to the support staff, not you. You know I consider a full agent these days, on par with Shark Lad, Arachne and the rest. I didn't know if you were available right now.

I could use your help. Various security officers and LMBers are under attack.

#245007 03/21/10 06:26 PM
Substitute
Substitute
You're so cute when you get flustered, Boss.

But sometimes I feel like you don't even see me when I'm right next to you...

Stupid fricking Cack Form...

#245008 03/21/10 06:31 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Well, see or not, you smell great wink

Now let's brainstorm for a second. There are a few leads that we have here that could all be connected or stand out on their own.

#1 - The LMB Leader election is about to finish. That means momentarily, the LMB is in a state of chaotic flux right now.

#2 - Zardi is still on Legion World and has only recently been appearing again.

#3 - The Legion World Prom, which happens to coincide with a gathering of major delegates and ambassadors on Legion World. Don't ask me why I think the LW Prom is important--I have a gut feeling and I just think it is. I have my reasons and don't want to go into it.

You're going to the Prom, right?

#245009 03/21/10 06:41 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Flatterer... :rolleyes:

Okay in reverse order, Yes, I'm Going to the Prom with Tony Broadneck.

Yeah, tell me about Zardi, it took me a month to find my way out of that maze the last time. But didn't Kent blast his top guy with that Chronal Whatsit? And Candle seems to be able to sniff out his agents and get rid of them. Plus, Zardi don't seem to like getting his own hands dirty, which means he's got one of his creatures down here if he's involved. Maybe you should have Pagan or Candle check people out.

And Third, when isn't this place in an uproar?

#245010 03/21/10 06:48 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Tony Broadneck? Oh My Whee...you can do better than that.

<holds up hands to stop the potential onslaught before it happens>

Changing subjects a little, but trust me, it matters in the larger sense, do you think Everyday Girl is acting strangely lately? As her friend, have you noticed something?

#245011 03/21/10 06:49 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<arrives via space cab>

<sarcastically> Thanks for the ride, guys...

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#245012 03/21/10 06:54 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Lardy! Hm, without you porting from place to place, we'll have to consider one of us grabbing you for a fly.

<hand on shoulder>

Don't worry Lardy. You've lost your powers before and got them back. I believe they'll come back.

#245013 03/21/10 07:00 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<shakes head> I dunno, Des...last time I knew who took them and...well, you know how that turned out. This time feels different.

I think my days as a superhero may very well be over. I...I need to get out of this hospital gown and change into something more appropriate.

<leaves room>

#245014 03/21/10 07:02 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Tony Broadneck? Oh My Whee...you can do better than that.

<holds up hands to stop the potential onslaught before it happens>

Changing subjects a little, but trust me, it matters in the larger sense, do you think Everyday Girl is acting strangely lately? As her friend, have you noticed something?
What's wrong with Tony? I like him...

Crap on a Stick! Boss, you're about as subtle as a punch in the nose.

Jeebus, Just because Brit's a "late bloomer" when it comes to guys.

Look, Brit's fine, and Sam is a Great Guy! A little weird sometimes but this is Legion World.

#245015 03/21/10 07:08 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Ah, so you do admit he's weird. Look, the last thing I want to do is have to explain to yet another person my reasons, but I think Sam Pureheart is no good.

Tony Broadneck, however, is kind of likeable. I'm just saying you're a beautiful, intelligent and courageous girl, My Whee. You can do better than the class jock. But forget about all that.

In my opinion, Everyday Girl is acting very weirdly lately. Sure, she's acting really girly and its Prom. I get that part. But this girl was raised by superheroes and wizards. She comes from a line of viking heroes. And she's had to deal with my off-color comments about women since she was about 13. She shouldn't be acting *this* girly and franky, unstable. As her friend, I advise you (as your friend) to keep an eye on it.

But now we're back to square one with just about no leads. I hate sitting around and waiting for something to happen.

#245016 03/21/10 07:17 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<re-enters>

Hey, I'm back. Officer Taylor of the Security Office reporting for duty.

Any leads on the attempt on my life?

#245017 03/21/10 07:18 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Boss, all of Legion World knows you don't like Sam. Jeebus, I think it was on LW TMZ this morning, "Tempers Flare over the Heiress to the Quank Fortune" or some nonsense like that.

Supposedly you and Sam had a stare down over Brit.

Look, last week Sam and Tony were the greatest thing since Hydrogen Scoop Ram-Jets and this week they're dirt.

What's the only thing different?

Look, he makes me feel a little weird when he does that lick his lips thing, but it's not a crime.

And he really does treat Brit like a princess.

#245018 03/21/10 07:32 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Yeah well, when a guy treats a girl like a Princess, its usually because he's no good. Trust me on that. When a guy argues with you constantly, that's when he likes you.

I like the Quank heiress news story though. That's funny--I need to keep a bigger eye of all the times my name appears in the tabloids.

<looks at Lardy; surprised for a minute but takes it in stride>

Lardy, we're trying to figure out where to go next from here. Other than forensic evidence, which we're waiting for, and the silver bullet, there isn't much more we can go on. While I'd love to tie this into some of the major events on Legion World, which makes sense, there's no real proof of that. Nonetheless, I'm redoubling all security on the election and the LW Prom (which coincides with some other events).

#245019 03/21/10 07:36 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Well, on the cab ride over here <smirks>, I had a chance to think about the attack some. Let me share a few thoughts with y'all...

#245020 03/21/10 07:49 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
First of all, we have to consider whether this is related to Zardi or your suspicions over Sam Purecrap. Or both. Or neither.

If Zardi was behind my attack, it's possible that his real target was Lardi, not me. I originally got Luna to bring out that persona exactly because we needed some intel on Zardi and to have a secret weapon to use against him. Almost as soon as Lardi comes on the scene, Zardi disappears for awhile. Shortly after Zardi finally returns, the assassination attempt happens, and Lardi's now out of the picture.

If Sam has something to do with this, it's important to note that when the attack happened, I was researching the security detail on the prom site. If he's as big a threat as we think, he might've been trying to stop me from finding something.

And, yes, there's a possibility that Zardi and Sam are in cahoots and that would give motive to get rid of both myself and Lardi.

Otherwise, the scary thing is that no one on Legion World has more enemies than me, except, perhaps yourself, Des. If there's someone else taking advantage of all this chaos to take me out, it's far from beyond the realm of possibility. In fact they have succeeded in a way because I'm effectively not a threat anymore...just...just another Security Officer, now.

The only thing I have to add otherwise is that the gunshot I heard sound an awful lot like one of Britney's rounds. I'm not saying she did it, and if she did, she was likely under someone's mental control. But I've heard those rounds fired enough times to recognize them.

Has anyone checked to see if she has an alibi?

#245021 03/21/10 07:55 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<eyes My Whee Fem after that question>

<finally speaks up>

No. There is no alibi for Everyday Girl at this time. And we do not know where her current whereabouts are either. I suspect, however, when we do finally talk to her, she'll have some insight to add to this equation.

<looks at omnicom>

Still nothing from Dev-Em. Damn. I was hoping he'd have found something.

#245022 03/21/10 07:58 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
We've also got to consider that someone was able to bypass my Lard Force senses. I don't have any weakness to silver, so there's more to it than that. Best guess is that magic was involved.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,991
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star