Roll Call
0 members (), 37 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Kitson Marvel-exclusive, Waid & Kitson off Slosh
#367107 02/24/07 05:20 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow! Barry Kitson is so cool. But we already knew that. I wish only the best of success!

I also have a bit of fear of change, but some excitement about it. Maybe some awesome new stuff will happen.

#367108 02/24/07 05:30 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well! That's a surprise, although nobody stays on a book forever. We certainly have been spoiled with Barry's art and he's going to be a very tough act to follow. Not only the characters, but the cities and worlds he has depicted have been fascinating.

I've also greatly enjoyed Mark's stories, which have offered so many possibilities for expansion and have provoked a lot of discussion - especially about what we as readers expect from our heroes and villains.

Congratulations Barry on your new adventures and thank you for all the time you've give us here at Legion World. I'm quite interested to see what you do with "cutting-edge" art on the Champions series. Marvel is very lucky to have you!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#367109 02/24/07 06:11 AM
Active
Active
Thanks very much both of you! smile

I hope Marvel will agree with you FC wink

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#367110 02/24/07 09:59 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Barry, congratulations on the exclusive!

I'll miss you on Legion, and after I see your Fables pages I'm sure I'll miss you on that as well. But best of luck with the Marvel gig, and I hope you get a shot at drawing your favorites there.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#367111 02/24/07 10:53 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I was shocked when I read newsarama this morning! Barry, your art is going to be missed alot. Wish you could have stayied thru issue 50. smile I just hope that the powers that be bring in someone that is at least 1/2 the artist you are.

I wish you the best on the Marvel gig, but alas I won't be picking up Champions. After Civil War, I have decided to drop ALL Marvel titles. It feels to me that they have lost respect for their characters now. frown

#367112 02/24/07 10:58 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
Wow guys - I can't thank you enough!
I will admit I was really worried about switching on my PC this morning and seeing how the news was received. You really have been one of the best things about the last two-and-a-half years! If you'll have me I'll absolutely still be around on the boards - just because I'm not going tobe drawing the book doesn't mean I won't be just as passionate about the LSH!
It's nice to hear that you've enjoyed being here because we've loved having you. As Scott said in an earlier post, we would all love to have you remain an active part of Legion World. And we would love to keep getting glimpses of how you craft your pages (even if it isn't Legion art! laugh )

The thing was that Mark and I were scheduled to finish on LSH whatever happened so when Marvel offered me such a fun project and the chance to work with Matt I couldn't really say no.
I know you can't spill the beans but do you know if the new creative team is in place? And will they be picking up where you guys leave off or are there major changes coming? Teases as always are more than welcome! smile

I'm very very happy to hear some of you will be reading Champions - I'd like to stay in touch as much as possible ...and if there's a Champions site even half as good as Legion World one day I'll be a happy man!
I for one will be checking it out so I can get my monthly Kitson art fix. Sounds like an interesting premise at least. laugh

Thanks again - for all the kind words ever since I first came to LW and for being so generous and understanding about the move.

You guys really are the best! hug
You've been more than generous with your time and participation so the thanks should really go to you. Your love of the Legion has been shining through in all your artwork and that's what's made you so special to Legion fans. While we'd love to keep you to ourselves, there is a whole wide world out there for you to conquer with your magnificent art and we really wish you the very best. But we would love to get you back again eventually! smile

PS: I still want a Kitson Mon-El. I'll be in touch to see if we can make it work!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#367113 02/24/07 10:59 AM
Active
Active
Thanks guys!

Sorry to hear of your decision Healex, but I hope we'll still meet up on the LSH boards!

It was a real treat to work on Fables Outdoor Miner - I hope you'll like the bit I did. I hope I get a chance to do something more work with Bill sometime!

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#367114 02/24/07 11:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Barry,

It's been such a treat having you draw the Legion AND join the community on this board. I can't express how much fun it's been to see your character development sketches, your covers, and read the book itself. This has been a real treat, the sort of interactive experience most fans still only dream of. Thank you.

I really believe you and Mark have laid an amazing groundwork for the Legion. I really hope DC finds a new creative team that can live up to the start you and Mark have given the new Legion.

Because you've been such a mensch, I will absolutely take a look at Champions, although my feelings about Marvel these days are pretty close to Healex's. However, much good can come even from bad, so I will check it out. Take care.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#367115 02/24/07 11:29 AM
Leader
Leader
You know I spent a good ten minutes wondering what this "Slosh" thing was? "Slosh? What the hell is a Slosh?"...
Amyway I feel stupid now.
But yes, sad to see you both go frown

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#367116 02/24/07 11:41 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Now that Waid and Kitson are off the slosh and have sobered up... er... wait... wink

#367117 02/24/07 11:51 AM
Reservist
Reservist
It made me pause to read that Mark & Waid's time on LSH is almost up. It's good that TPTB at DC are allowing them to wrap up their stint.

Having said that, I feel it's time to have a new creative team to produce the Legion. I think Mark & Barry started well but it's time for new blood. While I agree that creative shuffles normally hurt a book, I'm eager to see who'll be picking up the reins once they leave.

Best of luck to Mark & Barry...and bring on the new creative team!!!

Igee The Mighty!
#367118 02/24/07 12:09 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Barry, thank you for all your contributions to the Legion and best of luck in your future projects. I've genuinely enjoyed your and Mark's run and look forward to your final issues. The changing of the guard is always tough on us fans but your presence here makes it easier to cope.

Is there any Legion character you regret not having a chance to draw?

#367119 02/24/07 12:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Congratulations Barry. I hope you get some plum assignments over at Marvel.

I've loved Matt Fraction's non-superhero stuff so I'll probably take a look at Champions as a TPB at least.

So I take since your final cover has every superpowered character that's appeared over the last 29 issues that the next creative team will be free to remix the LSH.

Also is that the reason for all visual easter eggs in your backgrounds? We know you've put Wildfire-looking lke guy, girl with wings etc into those crowded panels.

#367120 02/24/07 12:54 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Two and a half years? My but it's flown by too too fast for me.
Wow.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barry. Your presence and generosity has been such a boost for us fans here at LW. It's been so much fun interacting with you and Mark here at LW and at conventions. You've been kind enough to listen to our input and occasionally even use our ideas in the book. (love the Shadow Lass for Leader bit- thanks[!])

The Legion is unique and it shows in the work that you and Waid both realize that. I'm going to miss those series of thumbnails and those cover concept sketches. Pure fannish pleasure.

Thanks man. You're the best...and now that you're Legion...all you have to do is ask. We're here for each other all the time.

LLL

#367121 02/24/07 01:34 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'll really miss your Phantom Girl, Karate Kid and Light Lass renditions, Barry- among many other things. Those three stand out for me the most. That and your great attitude and willingness to spend time with fans here at LW and elsewhere. The cover sketches you always post have been a great chance to see creativity at work. Thanks for that, as well.

You're definitely a class act.

Good luck with CHAMPIONS-- if you promise to bring back DARKSTAR somehow, I'll buy it. Ah, who am I kidding- I'm sure I'll pick it up! (Though I'm a tad turned off by the names- what will the reaction be of the 'real' bearers of those names? Will that factor into the title?)

I hope in a few months, you'll spill the beans about all the behind-the-scenes stuff regarding storylines, etc. that we *didn't* get to hear about while you were on the title...

Good luck and thanks!

#367122 02/24/07 01:52 PM
Active
Active
Thanks again guys!

Characters I would have liked to have drawn? Well I wish I had gotten to draw Andromeda - and I would have liked to have shown our version of Dawnstar (she was going to be in the Wanderers but we were told we couldn't include her at the last minute because she was turning up elsewhere in the DCU).

I've honestly had a real blast on the title... maybe next time I'll get to do a 50 issue run and cover all the things we never got to do this time round! wink

I am doing the cover to #31 though (this very weekend) so there will be one more set of scans for you! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them smile Maybe I can convince Nightcrawler to add a Champions wing to LW? laugh

Good to hesr some of you will be picking up the Champions - I really think you might like it laugh

Thanks again for all the kind words, I'm not sure they're at all deserved - and definitely the thanks have to go both ways! laugh

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#367123 02/24/07 02:15 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Now this was a surprise. I had no idea that Mark and Barry had a finite commitment to the title.
I will really miss your're art Barry. Best of luck with the Champions.

#367124 02/24/07 02:55 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Barry,

On one hand, I feel sad that you and Mark are leaving LSH just as it's getting really good. On the other hand, I feel glad that you guys are going out on top. And I wanna thank you guys for the great work you did with Light Lass, proving that she's way cooler with the gravity powers.

And I most certainly will be reading Champions. I've been a fan of yours for a long time, but I'm sure you already knew that from the L.E.G.I.O.N. retrospective I did when I first arrived at Legion World.

Oh, and I'll second Mystery Lad's request to please bring back Darkstar.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#367125 02/24/07 03:00 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Thanks Barry for a wild ride. No doubt your artwork helped make this run more enjoyable! I will most likely be picking up any comic you're working on in the future, so looking forward to seeing what you've got lined up next!

The Legion, of course, will survive with the next creators, but there is no doubt you've left your mark on them and will have fans itching for your return for many years to come.

#367126 02/24/07 03:03 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I am doing the cover to #31 though (this very weekend) so there will be one more set of scans for you!
Good news. Knock it out of the ballpark one last time, Barry! smile

#367127 02/24/07 03:06 PM
Active
Active
Thanks yet again! Sorry to be repetitive, but I do mean it and all these comments really do mean a lot to me!

I'll look forward to discussing both the LSH and Champions with you in the months to come! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#367128 02/24/07 03:07 PM
Active
Active
*clears throat*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*cough*

Thank you.

Dear Mr. Kitson,

Thank you for the beautiful work you have done on the LoSH. I would never have given this series a try if not for your and Mark Waid's involvement. Furthermore, Thank you for the signed poster at Wizardworld Dallas '04 and the signed FREE issue of Teen Titans/Legion that you gave me and my friend Robbie (who also hadn't read the Legion until then). You are a saint and a prince of a man. Furthermore, to Marvel: You bastiches! Now I have to buy a Marvel book. Because you had the brains to put Mr Kitson with the wild crazy mind of Matt Fraction Man of Action. I cannot believe I will be buying a Marvel book called "The Champions."
In closing, Mr. Kitson you and Mark Waid have made a life long LoSH fan out of me. May you have many happy days ahead of you in the comic field. And for at least one monthly (the Champions) Make Mine Marvel.

-Nicholaus Vinson

-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?
#367129 02/24/07 03:36 PM
Active
Active
Thanks - I hope next time we meet I can supply some free Champions stuff too! Definitely a sketch for free after a compliment like that! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#367130 02/24/07 04:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, that's probably his last post, he's gone now, we can write what we REALLY think.

It's about time these two went on to get real jobs. We get these artist teams on occasion that think "real-life" is hacking around on Legion as if life is meant to be all fun-and-games. Wait until these two get a load of Marvel fans.

Can Marvel fans rhyme, tell a story or answer questions with questions? Can they?

Do they have forty year long fans that live in their mom's basement... uh,...eh, I mean,... whose Ma lives in their attic...no... heh

How bout them Dominators?

Even though they're not here to read it, good luck to Barry and Mark on your next gig and life.

#367131 02/24/07 04:33 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Wow. I can't believe it's over. This book-- the "WaK LoSH" if you will-- was what made me read the Legion in the first place. I'd never had any interest in the team at all but the TT/Legion crossover piqued my interest. I came for Waid and stayed for the beautiful package you both made. I'm really sad to see it end, since Waid/Kitson team-ups have made some of my favorite comics (even if I didn't always realize it at the time).

Barry, your work has always astounded me. I can't believe how long it took for me to realize that all these books I liked were by the same guy. (JLA: Year One is one of my absolute favorite DC limited series, for instance, and you were a huge part of that. And the Flash/Green Lantern: B&B limited? Man... favorite TPB ever.) But once I did, I even went out and checked out books I'd never have thought to read like L.E.G.I.O.N.

Anyway, my point is-- you're doing it again. I definitely wouldn't have even considered picking up the Champions if not for you. (I read the original run once out of curiosity... once was far more than enough.) But I just don't want to give up the great art I've become spoiled by! So, best of luck at Marvel (I'm an equal opportunist when it comes to the Marvel vs. DC debate) and I can't wait to see your work there! smile

So, congratulations on your exclusive and good luck with all your work from here on out! I'm glad to hear you'll still be dropping by and, because we can never say it enough, thank you for all your contributions over the last two and a half years. You've been great and I, for one, am thrilled we're not losing you completely. (Just to the competition. wink ) I'm sure I can cope as long as we get the occasional Champion sketch.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,964
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Gorilla Nebula
Gorilla Nebula
san francisco
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star