Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 04/30/24 04:35 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by thoth lad - 04/30/24 04:34 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 04/30/24 04:27 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/30/24 04:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added BOUNCING BETTY 30 April*
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:16 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 04/30/24 08:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:47 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:46 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Marvel's Secret Invasion (SPOILERS)
#483501 04/04/08 07:52 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
I remember that, Cobie. Personally, I would find it funny if they did it with Logan again. It might be pathetic funny, but funny.

#483502 04/04/08 09:12 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm guessing Spider Woman is a Skrull. She's been nothing but double play and sowing mistrust since Bendis brought her back to the spotlight.

Jorge, there's a scene in the first issue that suggest Marvel is a Skrull. He doesn't revert to form, but he appears at a rather sinister moment during the attack on the Thunderbolts base.

Just spouting off.
#483503 04/04/08 09:52 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
CJ, yeah I thought that was interesting. They didn't show any green or pointy ears on him. smile Weird seeing him against the T-Bolts. His son was on the team.

Whatever happened to the Wolverine-Skrull from years ago? Maybe it's the same skrull.

#483504 04/05/08 06:44 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The Wolverine Skrull was killed when we were told an X-man would die. After he died, he reverted to Skrull form, and that was the big reveal.

Just spouting off.
#483505 04/05/08 07:00 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
The Wolverine Skrull was killed when we were told an X-man would die. After he died, he reverted to Skrull form, and that was the big reveal.
Actually, after he died he stayed in Wolverine-form. It was only after Xavier, Jean & Cable were sure none of the other X-Men were skrulls that they did something to the corpse, and THAT made it revert.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#483506 04/05/08 08:58 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Uh- didn't Bendis or somebody say that by the end of the first issue we'd know who had been replaced? Wasn't there the promise of a list, in fact?

Maybe it was a later issue.

It's more complicated than I thought it'd be, with 'deep cover' Skrulls who've living as the original beginning to be revealed

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Black Bolt, Hank Pym </span></span>

and free-floating agents who shapeshift into any given character at a moment's notice

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I'm guessing that Invisible Girl falls into this category, though possibly not. </span></span>

and a group of apparent returnees who are, indeed, the original characters or a group of Skrulls pretending to be the 'real things'. Or a mix.

I like that the Skrulls aren't completely one-dimensional. We've been told there's a spiritually-based group of Skrulls working at cross-purposes, or at least in a different way, than the more hardcore conqueror Skrulls. The 'he loves you' group would appear to be that spiritually based faction. The longtime deep cover Skrulls, presumably part of the latter.

When characters like the Runaway Skrull, Hulkling and the gal in SHE-HULK come into play, even more complexity will be added. (Mainly in spin-off series, unfortunately, I believe.)

I *so* hate monolothic alien races, making me very appreciative of attempts to show various factions.

#483507 04/05/08 01:23 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

I *so* hate monolothic alien races, making me very appreciative of attempts to show various factions.
good point, and I think the different groups you mentioned will play a big part in all this.

I enjoyed the first issue. not sure what to make of that ship. but I do have questions:

if the the people getting out are real, Marvel is really doing a major reboot.

if the people getting out are fake, why haven't the Skrulls provided their agents with update files on the people they are impersonating.

if the group is a mix of fake and real, it seems to a plan that is too clever by half.

anyway, looking forward to how this plays out. by the way anyone won't to bet how long of a delay this series will face. given Marvel's track record I am guessing a 2 month delay. any takers?

#483508 04/19/08 06:36 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
"He" = the Beyonder? I'm guessing that might be it. I did read Avengers: Illuminati, but I'm having a hard time remembering the Beyonder issue other than I wasn't sure what the hell Bendis was getting at. Perhaps the Beyonder being some Skrull deity would make sense here. Just a random off-beat guess.

No surprises this far. Dugan and Jarvis were prime suspects (Dugan perhaps being *the* prime suspect), and was there any other more prime suspect than Hank?

Still, you know what? I thought this was pretty well written. The pacing, dialogue, use of just the right amount of characters for a #1...it all was done well. Its only (1) issue into it so far, so I'm aware it way too early to tell, but already I'm enjoying this more than House of M, Civil War and Infinite Crisis combined (and other dumb crossover I forgot). Well done by Bendis.

What I did like about the reveals were that because they were mainly the obvious ones (and I suspect real shockers will wait until mid-way through) that they gave us a dramatic reveal but didn't overdo it.

In regards to the New Avengers crossover issue so far, I thought it was pretty bland and 'meh'. I'm not reading most of the spin-offs so anyone who wants to share spoilers, I'd appreciate it!

#483509 04/20/08 09:11 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
PS - so now there's crossover minis for: Frontline, X-Men, Spider-Man, Inhumans, Fantastic Four and Young Avengers/Runaways? Jeepers, Marvel is already looking like they've broken their word on that (not a surprise, I expect no less from Marvel and DC). I may get the YA/Runaways or Frontline ones, but I'm not sure. Anyone else who gets any others, please post spoilers for various plot points...

#483510 04/20/08 09:34 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Spider-Man & Fantastic Four are because the "creative" teams on those titles are working so far in advance that they can't/won't insert a crossover. X-Men's similar in that this hits just at the big UXM500 relaunch, and the core X-Men titles rarely participate in non-X crossovers (which is why there's been Civil War, WWH & now SI minis for X-Men rather than impacting on UXM/XM/AXM). Young Avengers & Runaways are on hiatus (formal in YAv's case, delay-central in Runaways' case) so, again, no tie-in options there - and Thor (who is getting a SI mini too) is in much the same place as Runaways. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Cap or Hulk mini before all is said & done.

The effect of all of the above is to limit tie-in arcs in ongoings to the Avengers books, a She-Hulk/X-Factor "crossover within a crossover", Incredible Herc and a few relatively marginal books.

Inhumans & Frontline are the only minis that aren't substituting for tie-ins in ongoing series.

And I don't remember Marvel promising to limit minis this time out anyway. WWH, yeah, but not SI...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#483511 04/20/08 10:21 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I can't remember who promised...(probably still just mad about DC and Countdown more than anything). Which ones (if any) are you planning to get, 'Boot?

I just want to know about all the Skrull reveals without having to buy the comics I don't normally plan to laugh .

#483512 04/20/08 11:13 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Not sure. I'll probably look at SI:Inhumans, and how much they continue to piss over Silent War will depend whether I follow that. The other minis, SI:Spider-Man is a "No way in hell", Frontline's also a definite no, I don't like the artist of SI:F4, so probably not, SI:Thor I'll probably give a shot and SI:X-Men & YAv/R are marginal and will depend on how I feel at the time. The Who Do You Trust one-shot is a given, since it has a Jeff Parker/Len Kirk Agents of Atlas story.

Ongoings, I'm following Incredible Herc, X-Factor & PAD's She-Hulk anyway (Although the new/old artist is leaving me marginal on XF). Initiative is another "No way in hell", and I'll probably glance at the two Bendvengers books rather than following them properly. Thunderbolts, I've been following much to my own surprise under Ellis, but Gage has delusions of adequacy about his work. New Warriors I'm going cold on, so choices there have nothing to do with SI, Black Panther, That Danvers Comic, not buying and have no intentions of ever doing so. And Captain Britain & MI:13 I'll give a shot.

#483513 04/20/08 11:44 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm just about the same on all the ongoings that may be effected other than I'm getting all three Avengers titles (with Initiative on the verge of being dropped) and not getting the New Warriors comic at all. Thunderbolts has gotten much better in recent months IMO, specifically with Ellis' use of Dr. Samson.

I forgot about 'Who do you Trust', which I'll also be getting. I've never gotten a Frontline comic before and was considering it, but your mention of it isn't helping its cause laugh

For YAv/R, I just want to see what happens to Xavin, who generally annoys me.

#483514 04/20/08 07:51 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I just want to know about all the Skrull reveals without having to buy the comics I don't normally plan to laugh .
Do what I do, Cobie: check the Secret Invasion Wikipedia entry on a regular basis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Invasion

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#483515 05/03/08 07:28 AM
Active
Active
somebody call me Sherlock, because I think I have figured out the whole he loves you bit.

it's the Shaper of Worlds! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaper_of_Worlds

think about it. it/he is thousands of years old. and based on his description he would be just the powerful being to influence events to cause prophecy to happen just as the priest queen desires.

his Glorian was shown in Annihilation, and the Shaper was mentioned.

what if that off hand mention was bit of foreshadowing? also, Marvel has made a big push to revitalize and use their cosmic characters. why not use this guy? given his history, and vast power he would be considered a god.

#483516 05/07/08 04:15 PM
Active
Active
got the new issue today. not bad. some interesting reveals about the who's a Skrull and who isn't.

something bugs me about the art. the faces look really cloudy. look at first splash page, on the right hand side. I can barely read the eyes on any of those characters. look at the close up on the next page of real Power Man and Skrull Iron man. what happened to their eyes?

and my final art critique is on page 19, next to last panel. the dead skrull in the background still looks human. I realize the detail is a bit small, but would it have been that difficult to make the character appear for the skrull he is. the colorist missed a spot.

#483517 05/11/08 10:45 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
So picked up and read #2, along with New Avengers #39. I've gotta say--I'm still enjoying this quite a bit. Pacing and writing are still very much on point, even if we have to wait for the next issue to get to the major plot point of Hank Pym/Jarvis/Dum Dum/etc.

At this point, I don't believe there are any other potential minis/tie-ins out (correct if I'm wrong) other than the main series and Avengers titles. And Ms. Marvel, which I don't get.

New Avengers #39 was actually very well-done IMO. Its given the much needed POV of the Skrulls (somewhat there's still room for fleshing it out which we'll need). Very tight pacing to make the final last page pop.

I like how they've kept the Elektra thing semi-vague. "She died and came back to life" implying Miller's total story still stands, but also implying any Elektra appearances post-Miller may not stand (which is how I read it).

I liked the Young Avengers brief scene and hope we'll get some other heroes coming into play. I like the Hawkeye/Bobbi scenes though like all of us, I don't honestly think Mockingbird is back.

Have to say it--for the first time Marvel has me pretty interested (and surpsingly so) in a mini-series event.

#483518 05/16/08 07:06 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
While reading this, I find it interesting that this mini can serve Marvel just as effectively as any "Crisis" can for DC in terms of retconning away stuff or bringing back characters just by saying "s/he was a Skrull then" which is reminicent of something Busiek did in "Avengers Forever" using Space Phantoms. I imagine Marvel's third option down the line at reshaping their universe will be "s/he was a Dire Wraith" (unless they all make some kind of deal with the devil).

The most interesting part to me was the drama with Hawkeye, but other than that, it didn't seem like all that much happened here (not exactly a new complaint these days, I know). After all the buildup, they needed to keep the momentum going in terms of more Skrull reveals and insights into the Big Plan. This issue dampened the enthusiasm that was created in the first ish.

#483519 05/25/08 01:08 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm not so sure about Mockingbird. *Somebody's* going to be making a 'return', I feel sure.

Frankly, I'd prefer a Scarlet Witch who never learned magic. They probably won't be taking Wanda back *that* far, as the Vision romance seemed in place. Oh, well. At least out of all the characters who emerged from that ship, she's the one I'd most want to see stay around.

Wait- was Hank Pym there? I'd want a pre-slap Hank. Maybe the non-cat Beast...

I was a tad disappointed in the skrull POV issue. Actually, I liked most of it, but the Spider-woman revelation was underwhelming for me. I don't get why she's so 'uniquely placed' to be such a prize for the Skrulls.

Wouldn't She-Hulk be a more likely candidate, with ties to the FF, AVENGERS, DEFENDERS *and* a previously known replacement running around?

She's much less popular these days, but Crystal with ties to Inhumans, FF, Avengers, X-men is about the most connected character in the MU.

Is that why Jessica's the 'chosen one'? Because she'd been out of the spotlight for a period? But still retained ties?

I'm more concerned about the status of the replaced. Black Bolt and Hank Pym are a couple of characters that I'd hate to see removed from potential future story.

#483520 06/04/08 09:38 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Is that why Jessica's the 'chosen one'? Because she'd been out of the spotlight for a period? But still retained ties?
I think he just likes the name 'Jessica.'

I've always liked Pym. Possibly as smart as Stark and Richards, but without the whole 'richer than God' angle. He feels much more human, more 'real' as a character. Hopefully they don't bump him off.

And Black Bolt as a Skrull, that still burns me. Of those captured, he and Strange are the two least likely to be impersonated successfully, IMO, as their powers are too unquantifiable. If the Skrulls can pump out people with Black Bolt's powers, they wouldn't need to conquer the earth, they could just send 10,000 Black Bolts to earth and have them start up an impromptu musical number.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#483521 06/04/08 10:12 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Set:
If the Skrulls can pump out people with Black Bolt's powers, they wouldn't need to conquer the earth, they could just send 10,000 Black Bolts to earth and have them start up an impromptu musical number.
What should it be? "Wind Beneath My Wings"? Something else else from "Cats"? laugh

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#483522 06/04/08 06:00 PM
Def Leppard's "Armageddon It"?

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#483523 06/04/08 06:04 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Set:
If the Skrulls can pump out people with Black Bolt's powers, they wouldn't need to conquer the earth, they could just send 10,000 Black Bolts to earth and have them start up an impromptu musical number.
One small problem with that idea - they want to CONQUER the Earth, not DESTROY it.

#483524 06/06/08 09:22 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm sure Mockingbird is a skrull. Her confidence in that Cap just rings false. As for knowing Clint's tender moment, they have telepaths in their squad! It wouldn't be a problem for a Skrull with Emma or Jean's powers to pick that out of Barton's mind.

Tho' if this weren't the real Mockingbird- Bendis is just really hating on Clint these days.

BMB has said in many an interview that Stark isn't going to be a skrull. So this week's chapter shows just how creepy those greenies can be. Hehehe let's see Spider-Woman face off against Norman Osbourne.

Just spouting off.
#483525 06/08/08 12:10 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
#3-- I'm not clear about what was happening in the YOUNG AVENGERS scenes fighting the super-Skrulls in NYC. Obviously, the Vision's destroyed- again. Not sure about the rest.

I hope #4 tells us if Tony Stark is a Skrull or isn't. Definitively. And c'mon- c'mon! Move on to some other Marvel characters!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,023
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blacula
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star