Roll Call
0 members (), 22 Murran Spies, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:57 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:56 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:56 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RAZORWIRE 26 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:58 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:54 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:51 AM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Gaseous Lad - 05/26/24 08:50 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
#530401 12/09/10 01:18 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Thank Space the man I love and plan to marry was spared tonight!!

I know it won't happen but as a viewer, I think I would like to see a final 3 of:

Jane, Holly and Fabio. Possibly Sash, Jane and Fabio but I'd rather see the first one.

I think the combo of those 3 would be most difficult to choose a winner from.

Looking at Sash is painful. the poor lad is wasting away. I still don't like him though.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#530402 12/09/10 06:12 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Is it just my imagination, or does Sash have abnormally large nipples for a dude?!?! lol

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#530403 12/10/10 02:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Shannon (the guy who got kicked off in the first ep) had freakishly large nipples too. Err... not that I was noticing or anything. wink

Happy with who got kicked off tonight. The editing seemed to be leaning in another direction (Jane or Fabio) so I was relieved to see those two spared.

One of the good things about this season is that it's really been anyone's game to win or lose for a while. There hasn't been any one or two master-minds running things like in previous seasons. Any one of the remaining Survivors (except Dan) has a legitimate argument for that $1 million.

#530404 12/10/10 03:44 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
MY BIGGEST FEAR:

Dan makes it to final 3 due to no one considering him to be a threat to win at all due to him being absolutely worthless (which is the correct opinion)...

and he wins it.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#530405 12/10/10 11:51 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I noticed Jeff didn't even ask Dan any questions at Tribal! lol

#530406 12/10/10 10:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Do you think Dan even thinks he has a chance of winning? Has he won anything so far?

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#530407 12/10/10 10:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't think Dan has a hope in hell of getting even a single vote. I think even his friends out there (Fabio, Benry, Marty) would even agree that he has done nothing but sit around out there. I think they all know that and that's why there's never any talk of voting him off. They all want to take him to the final three.

#530408 12/11/10 08:55 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Yeah but those friends could vindictively decide to vote for Dan in the final 3 just to "stick it" to whomever else is there.

I am truly worried Dan might win.

#530409 12/11/10 07:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Surely, surely, surely!...None of the players would vote to give Dan a million dollars?

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#530410 12/11/10 07:33 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I would LIKE to think that, but you know if they hold any grudges against the other 2 in the final 3, voting Dan is a good way for them to say "kiss my arse"...

#530411 12/11/10 07:34 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
...Because Dan's doing ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING THE ENTIRE TIME also applies to... making enemies.

He hasn't done anything at all including make enemies.

#530412 12/15/10 11:16 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Well I hated tonight's elimination.

I sure hope my sweet, sensitive baby wins immunity again. His win tonight was outstanding.

Chase and Sash can both frag off.

#530413 12/15/10 11:21 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I will officially now state that I would rather Dan win that Chase or Sash. And Holly's only hanging on by a thread with me.

This guy deserves it all:

[Linked Image]

#530414 12/16/10 07:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I liked Jane and was hoping she'd go all the way but I think all this talk of "betrayal" and what-not is a bit ridiculous.

This is still Survivor right? Decisions like this have to get made all the time out there, *especially* at the end like this. A 4-person alliance cannot all go to the end together. Someone has to get voted off before then and the fact was that Jane was the biggest threat to the other three for that million dollars.

I also don't think those three have any intention of taking each other to the end anyway. Dan is the PERFECT person to go up against in that Final Tribal Council and they all know it. So they're all saying they're aligned now, but when it comes down to it I bet they will quickly ditch one of their three to keep him in the game. It's just sensible playing.

So (even though I wanted Jane to win) I don't have any problem with what Sash and Chase (and Holly) did tonight. In fact, it was obvious that Dan and Fabio agreed with them that Jane was all of theirs biggest threat for that million since they didn't go along with her otherwise very sensible plan to team-up against Holly.

Dan is still way down the bottom of my totem pole in this game. Not only is he physically useless, he seems like a bit of a douchebag too.

#530415 12/16/10 07:40 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Also, maybe this is just because I've gone many months/years without seeing certain very close family members like siblings and parents - but I hate this episode every season where we see them all getting so emotional and hysterical about seeing a relative they've only been separated from for like 3 weeks. I'm like - get some friggin' intestinal fortitude people!

#530416 12/16/10 07:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Also forgot to mention, beside the irritating family weep-fests there were three absolutely classic scenes in this episode -

1. The first was when Jane stumbled upon Holly, Chase and Sash conspiring and basically worked out that she was next to go. It was like a scene straight out of a movie as you could see her fears slowly being realised and then moving from sadness to anger while the other three were desperately trying to work out a way to avoid the confrontation but eventually realising it was inevitable. Survivor almost *never* makes it this clear who's going to get voted off before the Tribal Council but they obviously knew this scene was too good to pass up.

2. Jane's righteous revenge on the campfire! Classic!

3. Jane's exposing of everyone's secrets at the Tribal Council. I love when people go down with guns blazing! smile

#530417 12/16/10 08:03 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
See, different strokes: I talk to my Mom and Grandmother everyday-- and see them often-- and would have been just as emotional as everyone else was. I love these episodes.

And yeah, Jane truly went down in a spectacular fireball didn't she?

Jeff himself blogged on ew.com that the scene where she comes onto the group conspiring to oust her (and what followed) was one of his favorite scenes this year.

#530418 12/16/10 09:51 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Blacula:
I hate this episode every season where we see them all getting so emotional and hysterical about seeing a relative they've only been separated from for like 3 weeks. I'm like - get some friggin' intestinal fortitude people!
When I was in the army, I went through a very intense three week course called SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistence, Escape). Basically, the set-up was a realistic field exercise during which, you are captured by an enemy force, placed into a POW camp, and interrogated. During the camp time, we were under an intense physical work load, coupled with sleep deprivation and very limited food (a bowl of rice a day).

Now, I'm not saying that the "Survivor" experience is even a fraction of that, but trust me... at the end of the course, having been awake for days, near starved, and physically exhausted, even the burliest Special Forces guys were weeping like babies when they saw their wives and children.

I imagine the stress of the Survivor set-up wreaks havoc with these folks' emotions.

#530419 12/17/10 12:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Some interesting behind-the-scenes info re: the latest Tribal Council from someone on another board who is (or has) an inside connection on the show -

Since the show has aired and what I say will not be a spoiler now I thought I would tell you what really happened at Tribal Council last night.

Jane accused Sash of offering to pay off her mortgage in exchange for her vote and influence with the jury on his behalf. When she said this Jeff ordered the cameras to stop rolling and called in the producers. They discussed this for about 10 minutes and resumed filming without giving any instructions to the jury or the remaining players. In other words they left it as a 'he said, she said' situation. If you watch the insider clips on the voting you can see where Jane changed all her thought process of trying to force a tie vote with Holly and instead voted for Sash? Why? Well I have just told you.

You can also notice how her voting scene appears to have been edited where they left something out.

His voting confessional refers to this but if you don't have this information, it makes no sense.

If you want to know how this played out with jury members go to the Spoilers board to my thread and read it there.

I hope this helps to clear up how confusing the voting confessional was last night and also why she voted for Sash instead of Holly.

Great finale coming Sunday!!!!!

Survivors offering to split/share the winnings is against the rules on Survivor so that's why Jeff would have ordered the cameras be stopped and the discussion had.

It's impossible to know if what Jane says really happened but Sash strikes me as the type of person who would do something like that (or at least promise to - I bet he wouldn't have really helped her with her mortgage once he got the money).

And now we know why she voted for him over Holly! I was really wondering about that.

#530420 12/17/10 04:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It's always in the editing... thanks for sharing that... I would have loved to have seen it go to a tie with a fire making challenge... with the players left, I'm surprised to say I'd be pretty happy if Jud makes it to the end and wins the million bucks... I'd love to see Holly, Chase and Sash turn on each other and implode...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#530421 12/19/10 05:06 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I'll chime in and affirm that voting out Jane made perfect sense strategically. You simply cannot make that mistake. She would've dominated the jury votes as Marty correctly pointed out a while back.

Fabio's definitely my favorite of the five remaining, but his only chance is if he wins the last immunity challenges. The alliance of three will vote him out if they have the chance.

Will the alliance hold? It should be interesting. Taking Dan to the final three just makes too much sense strategically. But I don't see a betrayal coming unless Fabio winning both immunities forces it. If it does happen, Sash is most likely to flip.

I'm actually amazed, however, that Chase turned on Jane. I think if Jane hadn't interrupted them when he did and forced Chase's hand, Chase might have stood firm about Dan instead. That definitely worked to Holly and Sash's advantage.

I would choose Holly if the alliance holds, but I'm not absolutely sold that the jury would go the same route. Their loyalties are all over the place, the more I think about it.

Should be fun. Hope for some twists!

#530422 12/19/10 06:33 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
28 minutes... then my next 3 hours belong to SURVIVOR!

GO FABIO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

#530423 12/19/10 09:25 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS, I typed as I watched!!

Wow... this ep has been NUCKING FUTS so far.

How SUPREME was Fabio's come-from-4th-place Immunity win? That ruled. Then, after trying to bury the dagger in Holly's heart, HE votes Dan too? I just don't get that. Of course, Dan didn't vote Holly either.

They were smart to get rid of Dan. He hasn't made ANY enemies, as I posted earlier. I'm telling you... he might have won it had he made top 3.

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!! MY BABY WON IMMUNITY AGAIN!!!! HE'S IN FINAL THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that goes down with Parvati's 2-idol play for players other than herself last season as my favortie moment in Survivors I've watched.

I AM LOVING WATCHING MY BOY give Sash hell. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, this is awesome. Make 'em sweat, dollboy!

Oh GAWD, Sash is such a liar!!!!!!!!

Man, he's got a hard choice... Sash Chase AND Holly all have pals on the jury...

Oh, I'm so nervous and just want him to win.

So who will this final 3 be? WHo is GONE...? HOLLY'S GONE. Wow.

Let's hope keeping evil Sash and flipfloppy Chase was the right thing...

I think it WILL be,

COME ON FABIO!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT THIS, BOY!

It strikes me that Fabio has made it to final 3 with NO ALLIANCES whatsoever.

There goes Sash being an arrogant asshole again.

Oh shit. Chase is playing Jane like a fiddle.

WOW-- DAN IS KICKING ASS NOW!!! He waited til the end questions to do it but did he ever.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! Fabio's tears have totally swayed the jury haven't they?!?!?! YES!!!

Damn, Alina just dissed my boy.

Oh gosh PLEEEEEEASE not Sash...

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

OH MY GOSH I HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER FOR A TOTAL STRANGER!!!!

#530424 12/19/10 10:13 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Big congrats also to Jane for winning favorite player!!!

#530425 12/19/10 10:40 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Yay, Fabio!!!

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,024
Posts1,045,729
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star