Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:10 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:03 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
Re: Heroes of other worlds?
#592970 09/02/12 08:00 AM
Deputy
Deputy
lol yeah they only had like two appearances. and it really is. i think there was a lot of potential there.

that is one of the things in any of the versions of the legion. i wished we got to see more of other planets besides Earth.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
#592971 09/06/12 01:34 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
From Starhaven;

Over the ten centuries humanity has spread across the galaxy, dozens of ethnic groups have sought out places where they could celebrate their unique heritage, and the Anasazi of Starhaven were certainly not the only group of First Nations peoples who ended up far from the planet of their birth.

Starhaven, the first of its kind, often served as a gathering point for colonists from First Nations-settled worlds, becoming a cosmopolitan mecca of sorts, for people who shared a Native American heritage.

And so it comes to pass that two of the most celebrated 'native' heroes of Starhaven are not Anasazi by birth. The hero duo of Hue & Cry consist of Pachu'A, an albino Hopi man with light and color manipulating abilities, and Iztali, a Meztizo woman with the ability to increase, diminish or change the frequencies of sound in her presence.

While Iztali has the wings shared by many native Starhavenites, and is able to enhance her flight speed through the use of harmonic vibrations to create a slipstream of air that accelerates her flight, Pachu'A does not have that modification, and prefers to travel by sky-cycle, using his own unique ability to drain away the color of his appearance, rendering him all but invisible, while leaving him with a colorful palette of absorbed light to use for their heroic exploits.

[I always loved how Marvel's Cloak & Dagger took a catchphrase term and used it as the name of a pair of superheroes, and wanted to come up with a similar duo based on a phrase like Smoke & Mirrors or Night & Day or Shock & Awe or Sturm & Drang or Rock & Roll. Hue & Cry was a bit more esoteric, but fit for a team that had powers like those of Color Kid and Tyroc.]

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#592972 09/08/12 11:25 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I am a big fan of that naming convention for pairs when it works well with the characters; Hue and Cry sound really cool, they would have a great visual together too! smile

#592973 09/08/12 11:26 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Also, I became aware of what a terrible pun I just wrote after the fact lol tongue

#592974 09/09/12 10:52 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
As ideas go, Hue & Cry kind of sprang out of nowhere. I'd been thinking of duos based off of catchphrases (a la Cloak & Dagger) and this thread and that I hadn't come up with any Starhavenite heroes and BAM, chocolate in my peanut butter...

I thought it was a bit odd that I'd come up with a Hyrkraian hero before one from Starhaven!

#592975 09/24/12 09:09 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Tharr-

Delin Hianna - one of the few people who instead of developing Cryokinesis to combat the heat of Tharr, she developed the ability to manipulate heat and flame as well as cast a sun flare. she uses her manipulation powers to increase the strength and intensity of her sun flare. But its range isn't very far. she is able to cast it up to 3 meters. When she manipulates its heat intensity it can grow a bit bigger as well. she also has a scorch touch, which she is able to do because she can manipulate her body temperature.

however, she can not leave the planet. this is one of the downsides to her abilities. since she is a being of heat manipulation, she relies on the heat keep her systems going. If she left Tharr, she would freeze to death as their would be no heat for her to absorb and redirect. Even in a transuit, which can replicate whatever environmental needs she could have can not replicate the amount of heat she needs to survive.

As a youth she was recruited into a government run training program. the government sought to put her abilities to use for the betterment of their world. As their sole hero on planet, she has come to be a shining example for all those who are different and have similar abilities as hers.

Even though Polar Boy, is renowned and their most famous hero, the government still supports and promotes Delin as their premier super hero, she is Siharra.

#592976 09/25/12 12:36 AM
Deputy
Deputy
So if she left Tharr, she'd look like the reversed version of Mr Freeze. smile

#592977 09/25/12 01:54 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Delin is a cool name. Definitely part of the fun of coming up with Legion-ish characters is coming up with whacked out names for them, in the style of 'Reep Daggle' and 'Salu Digby.'

I like how her powers come with a drawback, restricting her to Tharr (or requiring her to wear a 'pyro-suit,' as Shining Son noted, the reverse of Mr. Freeze's 'cryo-suit').

#592978 09/25/12 09:40 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Set:
Delin is a cool name. Definitely part of the fun of coming up with Legion-ish characters is coming up with whacked out names for them, in the style of 'Reep Daggle' and 'Salu Digby.'
agreed set! it really is fun doing that! i'm not as familiar with how names work on every world so its def hard but fun.

I like how her powers come with a drawback, restricting her to Tharr (or requiring her to wear a 'pyro-suit,' as Shining Son noted, the reverse of Mr. Freeze's 'cryo-suit').
thanks. yeah i didn't think of the her as the reverse Mr. Freeze, but that would make for a cool plot point for her.

#592979 09/26/12 01:29 AM
Deputy
Deputy
When you think about it, she's probably one of the few on Tharr who are comfortable there (the rest of the population tend to bundle up in fur-trimmed thinsulate, don't they?), so the restriction is less onerous than to others Tharrans.

#592980 09/30/12 12:54 AM
Deputy
Deputy
H'lven is an arboreal world located in sector 1014, home of a race of sentient rodent-like creatures nicknamed Monks for their resemblance to chipmunks.hile the Monks are the dominant species on the planet, there are other intelligent races on H'lven that resemble anthropomorphic versions of moles, foxes, bears, and eagles. (source Wikipedia).

A strike force on this planet that fights against greedy corporations on a global and interstellar level that are slowly ruining their planet. the team is made up of one member from all five species of this planets population.

Chomper - a mutated chipmunk, whose grown 5 feet in height from the standard Monk, which is 2 feet tall. he gained super strength and durability, like Matter Eater Lad, he can chomp threw anything. due to his increase in size, he isn't as nimble as other Monks, to be able to fly from tree to tree; he uses hover discs to get around.
he also has a shorter tail then most Monks.

He was Once your average Monk named V'li and he worked for McCaulney Industries. They had recently come to H'lven to mine for Verilium; a new element that had been discovered. it was used in the process to create a power batteries for a new starship drive McCaulney industries were developing. He was a minor in the Southern Hemisphere of H'lven. One day there was a cave in and he was stuck underground for almost three days. during this time the radiation from the Verilium seeped into his mining suit which only could filter out the radiation for 30 hours at a time. the radiation changed him. most would have died but he some how absorbed the radiation and it enhanced his racial traits. He was freed by one of his future teammates. He spent months recuperating in a hospital and after some rehab he found his strength and durability increased. He began fighting against McCaulney's intrusion. As McCaulney's agents became more forceful, their was a war that broke out over the Verilium and that is when Cho'per formed his strike force. As the battle with McCaulney wages they do their best to liberate the southern hemisphere from his influence. The rest of the planet is under the assumption that isn't a war. but Cho'per knows that it is.

#592981 09/30/12 01:34 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Originally posted by Omni:
H'lven is an arboreal world located in sector 1014, home of a race of sentient rodent-like creatures nicknamed Monks for their resemblance to chipmunks.hile the Monks are the dominant species on the planet, there are other intelligent races on H'lven that resemble anthropomorphic versions of moles, foxes, bears, and eagles. (source Wikipedia).

A strike force on this planet that fights against greedy corporations on a global and interstellar level that are slowly ruining their planet. the team is made up of one member from all five species of this planets population.

Chomper - a mutated chipmunk, whose grown 5 feet in height from the standard Monk, which is 2 feet tall. he gained super strength and durability, like Matter Eater Lad, he can chomp threw anything. due to his increase in size, he isn't as nimble as other Monks, to be able to fly from tree to tree; he uses hover discs to get around.
he also has a shorter tail then most Monks.

He was Once your average Monk named V'li and he worked for McCaulney Industries. They had recently come to H'lven to mine for Verilium; a new element that had been discovered. it was used in the process to create a power batteries for a new starship drive McCaulney industries were developing. He was a minor in the Southern Hemisphere of H'lven. One day there was a cave in and he was stuck underground for almost three days. during this time the radiation from the Verilium seeped into his mining suit which only could filter out the radiation for 30 hours at a time. the radiation changed him. most would have died but he some how absorbed the radiation and it enhanced his racial traits. He was freed by one of his future teammates. He spent months recuperating in a hospital and after some rehab he found his strength and durability increased. He began fighting against McCaulney's intrusion. As McCaulney's agents became more forceful, their was a war that broke out over the Verilium and that is when Cho'per formed his strike force. As the battle with McCaulney wages they do their best to liberate the southern hemisphere from his influence. The rest of the planet is under the assumption that isn't a war. but Cho'per knows that it is.
There is nothing about this that is not amazing. ^_^

#592982 09/30/12 09:57 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Thanks Raz! I've been doing a bit of research trying to find other planets that could possibly still exist in the Legion's time period that we never see much of!

#592983 09/30/12 02:01 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Thanks Raz! I've been doing a bit of research trying to find other planets that could possibly still exist in the Legion's time period that we never see much of!
This list is fun to mine for ideas.

#592984 09/30/12 04:28 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Cool that H'lven could make a reappearance laugh

Let's try...

Enwa is a planet of yellow-skinned humanoids with large eyes designed to help them function during the long Enwan night.

The mysterious heroine known as Catseye had a sister who, along with her Terran lover, were killed by White Triangle terrorists (this is canon, check Legionnaires 27 for details!). Catseye used her special ability to reflect light with her eyes and tracked down the four Daxamites who ravaged Earth and destroyed Trom, punishing them severely when the Legion stranded them on a red sun planet (Legionnaires Annual 2). It was said that when the SPs finally picked them up, all 4 had become gibbering messes of themselves. They do not sleep well even until now.

In addition to being able to cast light beams from her eyes, Catseye has impressive acrobatic and physical combat skills. Her light-reflecting abilities range from gentle ambient light to full-on lasers capable of tearing through metal. Catseye has made it her mission to track down all members of the White Triangle who were involved in terrorist acts - especially the ones who murdered Trom.

#592985 10/01/12 02:44 PM
Deputy
Deputy
[b] Thanks Raz! I've been doing a bit of research trying to find other planets that could possibly still exist in the Legion's time period that we never see much of!
This list is fun to mine for ideas. [/b]
Thanks Set. this will come in handy.

#592986 10/01/12 03:14 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Cool that H'lven could make a reappearance laugh

Let's try...

Enwa is a planet of yellow-skinned humanoids with large eyes designed to help them function during the long Enwan night.

The mysterious heroine known as Catseye had a sister who, along with her Terran lover, were killed by White Triangle terrorists (this is canon, check Legionnaires 27 for details!). Catseye used her special ability to reflect light with her eyes and tracked down the four Daxamites who ravaged Earth and destroyed Trom, punishing them severely when the Legion stranded them on a red sun planet (Legionnaires Annual 2). It was said that when the SPs finally picked them up, all 4 had become gibbering messes of themselves. They do not sleep well even until now.

In addition to being able to cast light beams from her eyes, Catseye has impressive acrobatic and physical combat skills. Her light-reflecting abilities range from gentle ambient light to full-on lasers capable of tearing through metal. Catseye has made it her mission to track down all members of the White Triangle who were involved in terrorist acts - especially the ones who murdered Trom.
Love it Ib and your bringing the PZH legion as always!

i like her ability and that its through her eyes and not her hands!

#592987 10/01/12 05:25 PM
Deputy
Deputy
More from H'lven-

Cho'per's teammates:

Fen'ec (fox)- an expert tracker due to his heightened sense of smell,eye sight, hearing( which he has extra large ears, making his face seem smaller) and a sixth sense of sorts.He can't explain how it works, it was just something he was born with. but in combination with his other sense he can track almost anyone on the planet.
He also small and agile; which allows him to move quickly. his tale is long fluffy and his fur covers his whole body and allows him to with stand high temperatures.

He's the youngest of the Cho'per's strike force. even though he's the youngest, he was one of the first to join. he was actually the one who saved Cho'per from the cave in. He stayed with Cho'per through his rehabilitation and was like a side kick for him. He formed a strong bond with Cho'per.

Fen'ec has chosen not to take a hero name

W'ip(moles)- Like other moles he is able to burrow through almost any surface, he has sharp claws which are retractable, but he can't see for anything. his eye sight is so bad that he actually has goggles that magnify his sight, as well as. but in pitch black he can see perfectly.

he's the technician of the group and uses his skills to build various devices for the team. he's greatest contribution has been a transport vehicle; which is strong as a tank but quick and agile. the vehicle is in the shape of giant ball with a wheel around it. the metal is triple enforced Titanium allow, they stole from McCaulney's own plants. He outfitted it with laser capabilities, with rapid fire controls.

W'ip's reasons for joining the strike force, come from his families deaths. Him and his family were passing through the G'be forest, when McCaulney's forces were downsizing(leveling and vaporizing everything in their path) it. they were making way for their new plant. The G'be forest was home to St'r city; a large attraction for most in the southern hemisphere.Even though its not that large of a city it was one of the few cities that used its large reservoir to its fullest; it powered everything in the city. W'ip and his family were there sight seeing. unfortunately they didn't get to see many sights before it was downsized. W'ip watched as they were downsized as McMaulney's forces invaded the city as if it wasn't there at all. using his burrowing abilities burrowed deep enough before getting downsized himself.
when he came back up there was nothing left. he wondered the raged St'r city for hours evading McMaulney's forces. He came upon Ch'oper and Fen'ec by accident. they almost attacked him. but when he feel over in tears. taking him in he's been with them since, putting his skills to use.

#592988 10/08/12 07:33 PM
Deputy
Deputy
two more from H'lven

Spr't(Bear)- once a member of the R'ibo bear tribe in the southern hemisphere, Spr't died many eons ago. but his spirit never left this plain because his people charged him with protecting their sacred burial grounds. As McMaulney's forces downsized much of the Southern Hemisphere and built various power plants they built their complexes on top of the very burial grounds that he swore to protect.

his form, shows up as a big black bear shadow and when he passes through anything mechanical he shorts it out completely or he can posses it.
he tried this trick many times over, when the power plants first emerged He can teleport himself places as well and can be invisible when he wants. his ghostly form is just as grizzly as his corporal body was, over 6 feet tall, with black and red hair that is thick and course it grows every which way.

As he tried to communicate with and force people to leave, he learned Interlac and eventually came across Cho'per and his team. he followed them back to their headquarters and continued to follow them on missions. During a mission that went wrong and the team was almost caught in their own explosion of a power plant, Spr't used his ghostly ability to transport himself and the team out of the plant. At first they were scared of him but as he stuck around more they learned of his caring nature and his loyalty to helping them ride the southern hemisphere of McMaulney's influence.

Y'lp (eagle)- the only female member of Cho'per's team, she's also the latest edition to the team. she is very agile and has the ability to fly like most of the other eagles of her species. but she has an extra ability, her wings are capable of shooting her feathers at high velocities; turning them into sharp blades. her talons are also sharp as well but average in strength.

Y'lp joined Cho'per's forces after she tried to picket McMaulney's forces and fight for her people. when she was arrested she broke herself out using her wings to help her escape. now a fugitive from the McMaulney's forces and the local authorities.

#592989 10/08/12 09:34 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Jaluur of Tsauron, aka Sightseer, knows that he has an uphill struggle to overcome racial prejudice as a hero, thanks to the most (in)famous member of his race being the Dark Circle conspirator and terrorist Ontiir, who led many on his homeworld to support subverting and overthrowing the United Planets, but he refuses to hide his face or remain on the homeworld, travelling across U.P. space to use his psychic abilities on behalf of those in need, as sort of one-man goodwill ambassador.

Rarely, on Tsauron, a child is 'born from a dark egg,' one that traditionally has failed to thrive and contains no living child, and such children are often sickly creatures, as if their early brush with death has left them forever a half-step away from their last breath, but also with strange spiritual and psychic insights.

Jaluur was such a child, increasingly rare in these days of advanced medicine, and has the ability to seperate his soul from his body for brief times, allowing him to astrally project his spirit up to 186,000 miles from his body, in the blink of an eye, and to remain viewing an area remotely for up to six minutes. During this time, his body lies in a death-like state, motionless and unbreathing, but his spirit can not just remotely observe distant locations, but also become visible to communicate telepathically with those present, or even possess other living beings, making them into his unwitting puppets.

In addition to these clairvoyant talents, he has a limited and uncontrolled gift for sensing powerful psychic events or emotional impressions, even over gulfs of space or time, much like psychometry or precognition, but far less reliable than a Naltorian's insights, and generally only serving to give him a notion of where his talents would be most needed, when he finishes a mission and heads for the local spaceport to make his departure.

His thick scaly hide, intimidating natural weaponry and lean, yet muscular body gives the impression that he is a physical powerhouse (although he is of slighter build than the average Tsauron, due to the circumstances of his birth), and he is indeed marginally stronger (and notably more durable) than a human, but he is no match for even the weakest of superhuman combatants, instead relying on his ability to seize control of others in the blink of an eye, his own body falling over insensate as he usurps control of the most dangerous adversary present, and uses their talents against any others that endanger himself or those he has arrived to protect.

His most notable mundane skill, other than a knack for 'reading' people and getting a sense of their nature's, is a facility for languages. Even without a translation matrix, Jaluur has mastered seventeen individual languages, apart from Interlac (including the three most common Tsauron dialects), and enjoys speaking to aliens he encounters in their native tongues, using a mastery of idiom and diction that no translation program can match.

#592990 10/10/12 09:38 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Not all of the mutants of Lallor chose the right side of the rebellion against the dictatorial regime.

Nad Ganra, aka Agent X served the government even after the others rebelled and were imprisoned, having been tricked into believing that his fellow mutants had become traitors to the 'benevolent' lawful government, and were anarchists, mad with power, attempting to return Lallor to the chaos of the post-war years.

His government handlers kept him in seclusion, in one of the tall towers of the capitol city, and censored every bit of information that came into his spacious penthouse home, keeping him shut in and isolated from any news that might conflict with the propoganda they were feeding him, by rumors that his former fellow mutants wished to assassinate him, among other methods.

The whole time, they exploited his mutant powers, to emit 'radiation X,' a dull reddish glow that was harmless to organic life or machinery, but caused any object or creature exposed to it to become at first translucent, layer by layer, and then finally invisible, for up to 24 hours after initial exposure, allowing the despotic regime to bring 'Agent X' their secret weaponry, covert agents and secret police, to be rendered invisible, the better to spy upon their own citizens, and strike unseen, to blame their own acts of aggression on partisan rabble-rousers, anarchists and terrorists, to better convince the frightened citizenry that their draconian and cruel security measures were 'necessary, for your protection!'

Of lesser use to the regime was Ganra's ability to produce the pale blue 'anti-X radiation,' that caused invisible things in his area to become visible, even to the extent of being able to create what appeared to be blue-gray banks of thick concealing fog, by making the air itself visible to the human eye.

After the Heroes of Lallor, with the help of the Legion of Super-Heroes, freed their world from the oppressive regime, Agent X was taken into custody, and over the next years of imprisonment, learned the truth of the regime he had supported, and the terrible uses to which those he had made invisible had been put.

Now, regretful of his past deeds, he has been released to serve alongside the Heroes of Lallor, on a probationary basis, carrying an assortment of nonlethal weapons and wearing protective armor that he has rendered invisible with his X-radiation, giving those unaware of the nature of his powers the impression that he is invulnerable and can shoot blasts of stunning electricity from his hands, while saving his talent for making himself and his new allies invisible to surprise their foes.

#592991 10/15/12 06:11 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Not all of the mutants of Lallor chose the right side of the rebellion against the dictatorial regime.

Nad Ganra, aka [b]Agent X
served the government even after the others rebelled and were imprisoned, having been tricked into believing that his fellow mutants had become traitors to the 'benevolent' lawful government, and were anarchists, mad with power, attempting to return Lallor to the chaos of the post-war years.

His government handlers kept him in seclusion, in one of the tall towers of the capitol city, and censored every bit of information that came into his spacious penthouse home, keeping him shut in and isolated from any news that might conflict with the propoganda they were feeding him, by rumors that his former fellow mutants wished to assassinate him, among other methods.

The whole time, they exploited his mutant powers, to emit 'radiation X,' a dull reddish glow that was harmless to organic life or machinery, but caused any object or creature exposed to it to become at first translucent, layer by layer, and then finally invisible, for up to 24 hours after initial exposure, allowing the despotic regime to bring 'Agent X' their secret weaponry, covert agents and secret police, to be rendered invisible, the better to spy upon their own citizens, and strike unseen, to blame their own acts of aggression on partisan rabble-rousers, anarchists and terrorists, to better convince the frightened citizenry that their draconian and cruel security measures were 'necessary, for your protection!'

Of lesser use to the regime was Ganra's ability to produce the pale blue 'anti-X radiation,' that caused invisible things in his area to become visible, even to the extent of being able to create what appeared to be blue-gray banks of thick concealing fog, by making the air itself visible to the human eye.

After the Heroes of Lallor, with the help of the Legion of Super-Heroes, freed their world from the oppressive regime, Agent X was taken into custody, and over the next years of imprisonment, learned the truth of the regime he had supported, and the terrible uses to which those he had made invisible had been put.

Now, regretful of his past deeds, he has been released to serve alongside the Heroes of Lallor, on a probationary basis, carrying an assortment of nonlethal weapons and wearing protective armor that he has rendered invisible with his X-radiation, giving those unaware of the nature of his powers the impression that he is invulnerable and can shoot blasts of stunning electricity from his hands, while saving his talent for making himself and his new allies invisible to surprise their foes.[/b]
loving this!
you've built such a great world around the hero

#592992 10/15/12 11:48 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Kahloans - Kahloans are the indigenous people of the planet Kahlo. Many Kahloans are addicted to Belamort, a psychotropic plant.

Kahloans are a humanoid species with green skin, and they are all have slightly elongated necks and limbs.

Detox-as there are many on the planet who are addicted to the psychotropic plant; the Belamort, it causes various reactions. Once such reaction is the villain Detox.
Due to the large amounts of Belamort he was taking, he built up an immunity to its psychotropic effects. But he gained the ability to drain people of their psychotropic effects and cast them into an almost lethargic state of being, potentially even reducing them to a catatonic state. His ability is much like a hunger. he hungers for the Belamort affects. But even when he drains others he doesn't attain the desired affects but his hunger is satiated. His ability only works on those who are "tripping" on Belamort.

He was a low level drug pusher, when he accepted a job from his bosses to be a tester for a new strain of Belamort.after the final trial he began to developed his abilities. The drug company that was developing the drug, was working to make it a more poitent strain to sell on the black market and to sell it intergalacticly for recreational use, as Belamort is legal on Kahlo. Detox, or Gral as he was known then, entered into a coma like state for several days. when he awoke, he was in a medical ward with other patients who were "tripping" on the Belamort. As he began to stir he started to feel hungry but it wasn't a normal kind of hunger. it was a hunger for Belamort. as he looked around he began to drain the patients. at first he was horrified, but as he fed his hunger lapsed and he grew to liking taking peoples effects.

as he learned how to control his ability he began to use it to help him rob drug dealers, and the wealthy of their fortunes. building his own criminal network.

#592993 10/16/12 01:55 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Belamort = beautiful death? Neat.

Detox may not be a hero, as written, but if he learns to manage his own hunger, and refine his abilities, he could be a one-man cure for the addiction (or various other addictions?). His current status as more of a predator-upon-addicts is made a bit more tragic, given the beneficial and healing potential of his abilities...

#592994 10/16/12 02:00 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
loving this! you've built such a great world around the hero
Thanks! It was inspired by the backstory behind the Heroes of Lallor, five 'mutants' imprisoned by a dictatorial regime on their homeworld. I just added the potential for their being more 'mutants,' and for some of them to have been on the 'wrong side.' (Pro-jackbooted-imperials, anti-rebel-scum.)

His power, to use 'x-radiation' to make other things transparent was meant to evoke those classic '60s powers, like being able to shoot X-rays at people and make them transparent (which, we know today, would just give them freakish amounts of cancer...).

Anti-X-radiation, able to make invisible things (even air!) visible and opaque, was the 'comic-book-logic' reverse of that Silver Age 'Science!'

Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,957
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Bi-Polar Boy
Bi-Polar Boy
in a lithium haze