Roll Call
0 members (), 56 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Re: Alternate Legionairies
#601873 10/22/12 02:42 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Imra Ardeen was caught in an explosion at the science fair, as her amazing scale replica of the planet Saturn was sabotaged by a jealous rival, and her body infused with the exotic gases that made up her demonstration.

She developed incredible mass, while her own density paradoxically reduced to that of a gaseous state, as if her mass had left her body and inhabited the air around her, leaving her almost impervious to harm, but able to cause the air around her to swirl around like a maelstrom, battering evildoers with the whirlwind that she could call up at will, which she called her 'Saturn's rings.' At full intensity, the storm whirls only in her immediate presence, within a meter at most, but she can slow the rate of rotation, and surround herself with a cloud of slowly revolving fog, thick enough to block sight, up to dozens of meters across.

The exotic gases that she can call forth from her body can be adjusted to be breathable, or to cause fatigue in those who breathe them (although she is immune) and can whirl with such force as to blow people away from her, lift her from the ground and carry her into the air, or even sustain her in the vacuum of space.

As Saturn Girl, this gifted would-be researcher has become an able crimefighter, although her first love is science!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#601874 10/22/12 06:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Loving this Saturn Girl, Set!
and i love the classic feel to her!

But i also like that she is also a variation of Gas Girl!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
#601875 10/22/12 11:38 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Comet Queen - Grava of Quaal-III, able to travel at the speed of light and fly Grava, is also able to generate both a light tail and a smoke tail in her wake, with the smoke tail producing two kinds of smoke, one that puts people to sleep and one that is so thick and dense with dust, ice and rock particles that people can't see through it. She also has a slight gravitational pull about her, that allows her to drag others along for the ride.

Grava received her powers when she was exposed to a comet that had crash landed on Quaal-III; while still in her mothers womb. Her parents were both astronomers and had found the crash sight of the comet. When they arrived there to collect samples, the comets radiation was so strong that it affected all of them on a genetic level. But it wasn't noticeable to either of her parents. Neither gained any significant abilities. When Grava was born however she did not look anything like her parents, adorning orange skin, three finger on each hand and no hair but a comet tail of small smoke billowing slightly from her head.

As a child Grava did her best to fit in. but sometimes it was hard, as she couldn't always control her abilites and some times playing with pother children or even just spending time with her parents she would put them to sleep with her comet smoke tail. and some times her comet light tail would burn so bright that she blinded someone while standing in line for tickets to see her favorite band, the Regurgitates from Bismol. But Grava still did her best to enjoy life, and be a ray of sun shine to everyone she knew.

when she reached the legal age to apply for the Legion Academy, she jumped at the chance.

Easily the most eager of the Academy Cadets and the most dedicated student Grava was excepted into the Legion on her first try. Her valley girl ways of her first days at the Academy has worn away and graduating today was a young woman, with good ingenuity and great team working skills.

Her mastery over her smoke trails and speed won over the Legionnaires. but it was her quick thinking, to use her gravitational pull against Bouncing Boy, by flying past him in mid bounce and catching him in her wake; where she switched her trail to its sleep mode and eventually her gravitational gripe on him faded as he deflated from him bouncing form.

becoming the newest recruit to the Legion Grava is striving to do her best and make her parents proud.

#601876 10/23/12 01:45 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Omni: She also has a slight gravitational pull about her, that allows her to drag others along for the ride.
I like this part especially, some sort of 'gravity wake' that may derive from the forces she uses to fly (perhaps using gravitational forces to warp spacetime and propel herself at otherwise impossible speeds).

It gives her a neat 'control' utility, allowing her to move people around against their will, dragging foes away, or even snatching up endangered civilians in her 'wake' and transporting them to safety!

#601877 10/23/12 08:12 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally posted by Set:
Originally posted by Omni: She also has a slight gravitational pull about her, that allows her to drag others along for the ride.
I like this part especially, some sort of 'gravity wake' that may derive from the forces she uses to fly (perhaps using gravitational forces to warp spacetime and propel herself at otherwise impossible speeds).

It gives her a neat 'control' utility, allowing her to move people around against their will, dragging foes away, or even snatching up endangered civilians in her 'wake' and transporting them to safety!
Thanks Set, that what i was thinking. she gets to have more control this way and i find this part more useful than anything else she does.

#601878 10/24/12 07:18 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
The Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time Legion of Substitute Heroes Auxiliary

Double-Header: When defeated in battle, (immobilized, rendered unconscious, gravely injured, or killed) Frenk Retzun’s body immediately resets and reconstitutes, enabling him to go another round with his opponent. The second time he loses, he has to heal in the normal way.

Antennae Boy: An ant-sized hero with the proportional strength of an ant.

Pork-and-Pineapple Pete: Teen-aged chef famous for his sweet-and-sour recipe.

Color Commentary Kid

Infectious Laugh Lass

…I can’t go on.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
#601879 10/24/12 09:40 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Klar Ken T5477:
[QB] The Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time Legion of Substitute Heroes Auxiliary

Double-Header: When defeated in battle, (immobilized, rendered unconscious, gravely injured, or killed) Frenk Retzun’s body immediately resets and reconstitutes, enabling him to go another round with his opponent. The second time he loses, he has to heal in the normal way.
That's actually kinda neat! He's like Retcon Lad, with the power to get up and say, 'Nuh uh, you missed!'

Antennae Boy: An ant-sized hero with the proportional strength of an ant.

Pork-and-Pineapple Pete: Teen-aged chef famous for his sweet-and-sour recipe.
Could it be, a Hawaiian hero? Or am I racial stereotyping? smile

Color Commentary Kid

Infectious Laugh Lass
Only slightly more effective than her brother, Infectious Yawn Boy. She once made someone laugh so long that they passed out!

#601880 10/25/12 06:55 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Thanks, SET, but you really should not encourage me.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
#601881 10/25/12 12:39 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Erg 2 (Zera Vultan) and Ultragirl (An Ryd), with revised helmet on Erg 2

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Lone Wolf Legionnaire; 01/03/15 02:19 AM.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#601882 10/25/12 05:01 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
very nice Lone Wolf!!!! i always loved seeing female versions of male characters. idk but i love it. lol

i love ERG2's look the most!

#601883 10/25/12 05:21 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Then spoke weeping Odin to the Prophet, “What will be after Heaven and Earth and all the World are burned?”
“Did you not say that there will continue worlds throughout the ages?”
“Will any of my children survive Ragnarok, the Twilight of the Gods?”

-------------------------------------------------

“Where fair Asgard stood, I see a great green field, Idavolllur, by name,
“There the three sons of Odin, Vidarr, Vali, and Ve, will rule as one, taking up again the golden playing pieces with which the gods rule the lives of men.

“The sons of Thor, Magni [Strength], and Modi [[Rage] will share the great hammer-axe Mjolnir with their sister, Thrudar [Power] and will meet the three sons of Odin in Idavollur.

“Hodur and Baldur, the slayer and the slain, will rise from Hel and return to life, and these eight will be the parents of a new race of Aesir.
“In Midgard, Líf and Lífthrasir will journey out of Hoddmímis Holt, the great woods, and will spawn a new race of Norsemen.”

------------------------------------------------

By the 10th century AD, the Aesir had tired of Earth, and ranged throughout the galaxy to find a New Midgard to rule. They found such a world, less advanced and less civilized than the Earth they had left, and they taught them the chivalry, traditions, and culture which the Aesir valued: honor, courage, and combat.

The seven male Aesir took wives of the Frost Giants, but Thrudar had vowed never to marry, to spite the memory of her father, who had forbidden her marriage to Alviss, the Dwarf.
And yet she was not childless. Many were the mortal rulers of New Midgard who claimed ancestry from the daughter of Thor. When the United Planets found New Midgard, its technology, economy, and civilization had been stagnant for over two millennia.

Mekt, son of Thrudar, was then Lord of Winath, the northern-most continent on New Midgard. His father had been a great hero, the strongest of all Winathans, but he died in the first love-embrace of Thrudar, crushed in the clasp of the Aesir. Half-mortal, Mekt ruled with only a fraction of his mother’s strength, but possessed the ability to call down lightning from the heavens, even from the clear sky.

Lord Mekt would not embrace the technology of the alien invaders, but his young children, Garth and Ayla, saw in it a possibility for growth for their people and world. When it was discovered that they shared their father’s lightning-powers as well, their lives were endangered in the Palace, and they fled with the U.P. coalition to Earth.

Founding members of the Legion of Super-Heroes, their power over magical lightning, and their warrior training has acquitted them well.

#601884 11/12/12 06:30 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally posted by Klar Ken T5477:
Then spoke weeping Odin to the Prophet, “What will be after Heaven and Earth and all the World are burned?”
“Did you not say that there will continue worlds throughout the ages?”
“Will any of my children survive Ragnarok, the Twilight of the Gods?”

-------------------------------------------------

“Where fair Asgard stood, I see a great green field, Idavolllur, by name,
“There the three sons of Odin, Vidarr, Vali, and Ve, will rule as one, taking up again the golden playing pieces with which the gods rule the lives of men.

“The sons of Thor, Magni [Strength], and Modi [[Rage] will share the great hammer-axe Mjolnir with their sister, Thrudar [Power] and will meet the three sons of Odin in Idavollur.

“Hodur and Baldur, the slayer and the slain, will rise from Hel and return to life, and these eight will be the parents of a new race of Aesir.
“In Midgard, Líf and Lífthrasir will journey out of Hoddmímis Holt, the great woods, and will spawn a new race of Norsemen.”

------------------------------------------------

By the 10th century AD, the Aesir had tired of Earth, and ranged throughout the galaxy to find a New Midgard to rule. They found such a world, less advanced and less civilized than the Earth they had left, and they taught them the chivalry, traditions, and culture which the Aesir valued: honor, courage, and combat.

The seven male Aesir took wives of the Frost Giants, but Thrudar had vowed never to marry, to spite the memory of her father, who had forbidden her marriage to Alviss, the Dwarf.
And yet she was not childless. Many were the mortal rulers of New Midgard who claimed ancestry from the daughter of Thor. When the United Planets found New Midgard, its technology, economy, and civilization had been stagnant for over two millennia.

Mekt, son of Thrudar, was then Lord of Winath, the northern-most continent on New Midgard. His father had been a great hero, the strongest of all Winathans, but he died in the first love-embrace of Thrudar, crushed in the clasp of the Aesir. Half-mortal, Mekt ruled with only a fraction of his mother’s strength, but possessed the ability to call down lightning from the heavens, even from the clear sky.

Lord Mekt would not embrace the technology of the alien invaders, but his young children, Garth and Ayla, saw in it a possibility for growth for their people and world. When it was discovered that they shared their father’s lightning-powers as well, their lives were endangered in the Palace, and they fled with the U.P. coalition to Earth.

Founding members of the Legion of Super-Heroes, their power over magical lightning, and their warrior training has acquitted them well.
i love this! i like how your using mythology and how your bringing in all three of the lighting barriers and still keeping them family!

and only because its Thor, i feel like its very marvel-esque as well. which i love~

#601885 11/12/12 07:30 PM
strange but not a stranger
Gnill Opral first started getting the headaches at the onset of puberty. They steadily became more intense and painful. The doctors on Hajor were at a loss to explain what was causing the headaches. Desperately, Gnill's parents brought him to Titan to see if the doctors on Titan could help. There it was determined that the headaches were caused by an emerging mental power.

A team of 4 of the top telepaths on Titan were gathered together to release the mental pressure building in Gnill's mind, thereby stopping the headaches and allowing him access to his mental power. The Titans built up mental barriers in Gnill's mind to allow the power to be gradually incorporated. But they had not realized the sheer raw power that Gnill possessed. When their minds lightly touched the mental force, it exploded out, tearing down the mental barriers in Gnill's mind and also in the minds of the Titans. The mental blast affected everyone within a 2 mile radius. The 4 Titans with Gnill had their minds shredded. It would take years of treatment and therapy before they could begin to use their telepathy again. Everyone else in the blast radius temporarily lost their sense of reason and rationality. Those closest lost it for a longer period of time than those further away.

After a year of intensive training on Titan, Gnill felt that he had mastered his mental power. He could send out a pulse of mental energy that would render anyone in its path in a state of irrationality and rage. He was able to direct the mental pulse in one direction rather than as a circle. And he could vary the intensity of the pulse, which made the effect less severe and to last a shorter time.

Thinking that his powers could help in a fight against supervillains, Gnill applied for membership in the Legion of Superheroes, taking the code name Kid Psycho. At the tryout, Superboy agreed to let Kid Psycho demonstrate his power on him. The mental pulse did affect the young Kryptonian, but the enraged Superboy attacked the other Legionnaires. Fortunately, they were able to subdue him without anyone getting badly injured and only minimum property damage.

Gnill was rejected for the following reasons: 1) he could not target individuals with his power and could affect other Legionnaires as well as their opponents, 2) while under the effects of his power, villains would still pose a danger, possibly even more of a danger than when they were in full command of themselves, and 3) even though the effect wears off, Gnill could not halt the effect himself.

Gnill, although disappointed, could see the reasons for his rejection. However Brainiac 5 saw that there may come a time when Gnill's power could aid them and proposed that Kid Psycho be made a Reserve Legionnaire. Gnill would be trained at the Legion Academy and he would also return to Titan to work on refining his power so that he may someday become a full-time Legionnaire.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#601886 11/12/12 09:00 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I like that this Kid Psycho lives up to his name better than the real one!

That's a interesting power, to trigger psychosis in others, and with his range and effectiveness, he'd be darn useful in a 'Khunds are invading!' sort of scenario, unleashing his blast on an incoming ship and causing it's crew to go insane and attack each other in the halls, rather than continue manning their stations.

#601887 11/12/12 10:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
i agree, i like that he causes rage in people. The team could use more people who can manipulate emotions! i think it would be a really interesting plot point for any team.

i love how his power emerged and that you created a real reaction. he totally would get sent to Titan!

#601888 11/13/12 12:50 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
The heroine who goes by the name Fear Femme claims to be from Earth, in the year 3276, to be precise, and to be a Legionnaire, in that time! On a mission to the distant past, she got 'unstuck in time' and crash-landed in the 31st century, where she got into a disagreement with the Legion over her not only wearing a Flight Ring, but wearing what appeared to be *four* of them!

After a brief private conversation with Dream Girl, who was the only person she trusted with future knowledge, Dream Girl vouched for her, and she is puttering around Metropolis, 'waiting for her ride home to arrive.'

A mixed species human/alien hybrid, she has signs of human and red saturnian ancestry, with dark purple skin, golden eyes and bright red dreadlocks, with extremely limited shapeshifting ability (only able to change the color of her skin, hair and eyes, and change the length and style of her hair from bald to waist-length).

Her true power is the ability to psionically induce terror in others, or to suppress fear, making others unnaturally brave in the face of danger. She can control her fear-generating talents minutely, affecting a large area, or a single target, and imposing very specific phobias.

She explained to Dream Girl that her four 'Flight Rings' were a later development in Legion history. Only one is a Flight Ring, and the others are a Might Ring (which gives her super-strength, channeling the same sorts of gravitic forces that power a Flight Ring) a Sight Ring (which gives her a wide array of enhanced visual perceptions) and a Fight Ring (which she explained was programmed by future Legionnaires Capoeira Kid and the Escrimador with a bewildering array of martial arts maneuvers). As she gains rank and position as a Legionnaire, she says that she'd qualify to earn additional Rings.

At the moment, she seems to be exploring the 31st century, which she's only read about in history books, and fighting crime as she stumbles upon it, rather than actively super-heroing, and tries to avoid interacting with the current-day Legion, as she is concerned about 'polluting the timeline,' and a bit paranoid about a Legion telepath attempting to read her mind and learning things they shouldn't know about the future, but she has told Dream Girl that the Legion can call upon her at any time, if they need her assistance.

#601889 11/13/12 01:03 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Set, does Fear Femme notice the contradiction between being concerned about "polluting the timeline" and happily taking active part in situations so significant that the Legion needs outside help? smile

Not that I've seen the regular 30th-31st century Legion ever concern itself overmuch with their actions in centuries before their own changing their own history.

#601890 11/13/12 01:37 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Shining Son: Set, does Fear Femme notice the contradiction between being concerned about "polluting the timeline" and happily taking active part in situations so significant that the Legion needs outside help? smile
She's more worried about having her mind read or Brainy deducing something from her comments, I think.

She's read future history, so she knows what calls she can and cannot answer, I imagine.

#601891 11/13/12 02:04 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Ha, I just noticed I posted this to the wrong thread. This was supposed to go in Heroes of Other Worlds. My brain, such as it is, is rubbish!

#601892 11/13/12 02:34 AM
Deputy
Deputy
"Alternate Legionnaires" isn't too far a stretch though, so she fits here well enough.

I suppose she also has the advantage of knowing just HOW she will help in each situation. smile

#601893 11/13/12 04:33 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally posted by Set:
The heroine who goes by the name [b]Fear Femme claims to be from Earth, in the year 3276, .[/b]
lol i was going to ask who she was supposed to be an alternate for.

But i agree with Shining Son, she's a great fit.
although i wonder how the whole non-natural power/ability works in this future legion....

#601894 11/13/12 07:47 PM
Fear Femme sounds like she could be a descendent of my reworked Kid Psycho

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#601895 11/22/12 05:58 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
People used to joke that Dom Marino's best friend was his mirror, because he seemed quite fond of his own reflection. Little did they know that he had a special gift, and was able to communicate with his own reflection. He was seventeen when he discovered that he could do more than that, and could actually reach into the mirror and pull his reflection out of the mirror, to manifest as a 'mirrorself' duplicate of himself.

He got up to all sorts of shenanigans with this gift, but discovered that the mirror from which he drew his mirrorself would lose it's reflective properties, and become a silvery blur, while he had a mirrorself manifested. His mother accidentally destroyed a mirrorself, when she smacked the mirror in his room and cracked it, wondering why it wasn't showing her reflection, causing his mirrorself (which was far across town, with Dom, at the time) to crack and fall to pieces, dissolving into silvery light and fading away in seconds. The experience was traumatizing for Dom, who felt like *he* was being broken into pieces, but he discovered later that he could recall a mirrorself from any mirror of the appropriate size, and even have dozens of them in existence at a time (each from a different mirror, as each mirror used in this fashion because similarly non-reflective). From small hand mirrors, he could even call forth miniature versions of himself!

He applied to join the Legion as Reflecto, but was rejected when it was discovered that he needed many mirrors hidden away to maintain his mirrorselves (which themselves possessed no special powers, other than being only semi-real and not needing to eat, drink or breathe).

Not letting this rejection get him down, he went about his life, until he overheard on the newsnet that a small group of Legionnaires was facing down the Fatal Five at the other end of the park from his current location, and rushed to assist his heroes however he could.

Only three Legionnaires were present, and they were hopelessly outmatched. Dom noted the presence of an office building covered with mirrored panes of glass, and ran to it, pulling forth dozens of mirrorselves, and sending them fearlessly into the fray. He had long since discovered that the more mirrorselves he had present, the less disorienting it was if one was dispelled, and so he barely felt it when the Persuader's Axe sundered one, and Mano's touch disintegrated another. In short notice, Mano was pinned by a half-dozen mirrorselves, who kept his hands grappled and held him aloft, unable to bring his deadly touch to bear, but the Persuader was too strong to be manhandled in such a fashion, and the ground steamed with silvery radiance as he sliced apart duplicates with abandon. It wasn't until Dom found a 10 meter tall reflective pane of transparisteel that the architect had placed in the lobby, and Dom drew forth a thirty foot tall mirrorself, and it grabbed the Persuader by the helmet and hurled him hundreds of yards into the park, leaving the deadly axeman battered and unconscious.

And that was Reflecto's undoing, as he finally drew the attention of Tharok, who order the Empress and Validus to coordinate fire at the young man who was sending all of these duplicates after them.

Dom barely managed to avoid the deadly barrage, but the dozens of mirrored walls behind him exploded, causing all of his mirrorselves to disperse, and sending shards of metal and glass in all directions.

The Fatal Five was forced to flee, as the Legionnaires took advantage of this distraction to coordinate their own counter-attacks, leaving Tharok and the Empress reeling and near defeat, but it was too late for Dom, who became a Legionnaire only posthumously, as Reflecto, gaining a statue in the Legion's Hall of Heroes.

#601896 11/23/12 01:00 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Great way to really change Reflecto and give him a really heroic death!

#601897 11/23/12 10:16 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Omni:
Great way to really change Reflecto and give him a really heroic death!
Thanks! I wanted to come up with something new, and decided to pick a 'Legionnaire' who usually only appeared as someone else in disguise, or as a statue in the hall.

Plus I just love the visual of mirror-related powers. There aren't nearly enough mirror / reflection based super-characters!

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,971
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Faraway Lad
Faraway Lad
Newcastle upon Tyne England