Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: LSH vol. 7 #15 Preview (Spoilers)
#607968 12/20/12 07:19 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So, I'm a little puzzled that Glorith doesn't seem to be wearing her flight ring when abducted, but she has it in Barcelona.

Okay, no big deal. Artists forget to draw flight rings. But... can't they track her through it?
It was established long ago that Flight Rings can turn invisible at the wearer's whim--Shady once claimed it was for members who may have cultural taboos against wearing jewelry.

"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63
#607969 12/20/12 11:51 PM
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
Did anybody notice that in the last two issues super-powered people have been referred to as "uniques"? I wonder if this might be a significant hint as to how the larger (and past) recently rebooted DC universe is going to evolve in the months to come? Not to make a mountain out of a mole-hill, but Levitz hasn't ever used this term before as far as I can recall. hmmm

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#607970 12/21/12 04:47 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
Did anybody notice that in the last two issues super-powered people have been referred to as "uniques"? I wonder if this might be a significant hint as to how the larger (and past) recently rebooted DC universe is going to evolve in the months to come? Not to make a mountain out of a mole-hill, but Levitz hasn't ever used this term before as far as I can recall. hmmm
It's definitely a new distinction, between the 'everyone in my race has power X' crowd (Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Phantom Girl, Shrinking Violet, Triplicate Girl, Polar Boy, Brainy, more or less) and the 'the most wonderful thing about Tiggers, is I'm the only one!' folk (Bouncing Boy, Sun Boy, Invisible Kid, Colossal Boy, Princess Projectra, Lightning Lad, more or less).

Although, in many cases, people like Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy (and definitely Brainiac 5 and the new upgraded Duplicate Damsel) are already going pretty far past 'average member of my race' power levels...

Element Lad is another one who, technically has a 'everyone in my race' power, but is also unique, since 'he's the only one.'

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#607971 12/21/12 06:23 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
My thoughts on this issue:

Art = lush! I look forward to Portela's art every month, it is so awesome to behold.

I still find Glorith to be a total MEH character and to date have seen nothing which indicates she should ever have been made a Legionnaire, but it's nice to see her actually involved in ANYTHING at all. If I'm going to accept her as a Legionnaire, she's going to have to start actually doing things. Despite the way they were introduced onto the team, the other new recruits have at least been going on missions and doing superhero-type things...

It's taken a while but I really feel like Paul Levitz has finally gotten his groove back! None of the past few issues have been amazing epics of superhero lore, but they have all been quite solid stories with the definite sense that there's a greater plan at work and he's not just throwing half-assed ideas out into the world.

#607972 12/22/12 04:21 AM
Yeah, as of this latest issue, I think that Mr. Levitz is finally getting his groove back, too. And just in the nick of time since his old partner, Mr. Giffen, is coming back into the fold. smile

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#607973 12/27/12 04:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Catching up:

#14: Story kind of forgettable but well crafted. Not a fan of the muted colors.

#15: Walk-off home run. I could also talk about Portella's story telling all-day. He knows me as a reader. I turn the page, read three panels and it opens up into a splash I hadn't even noticed. Do all comic book readers just follow the panels like me? I suppose there are some that turn the page and give the wide-view first. They would have missed the surprise I guess.

#607974 12/30/12 02:20 PM
Leader
Leader
Ya know, for the first time in my life, I really can't get up enough enthusiasm to even keep track of when Legion is coming out, let alone buy it and read it. Is it just me or does anybody else feel the same?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#607975 12/30/12 08:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Why would we be on the "preview/review" thread if we felt the same?

Sounds like holiday blahs to me.

Eryk Davis Ester #761947 01/19/13 06:23 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
OMG the art was out of the park in this issue! I liked every page here, from Cos and Brainy sniping over how to deal with Gloriths vanishing through to Mon and Jos flight to Barcelona, to Harmonia being arrogant throughout - I'm really liking her character lately, her and Brainy are starting to be a bit of a clique in themselves and of course Beiny's comment about how he would have figured it out was classic.

Only one page that wasn't the main story here - Cham speaking to Vi and Alya. Funny how independent Cham has been shown to be - spot on characteristic there, he should be the Batman of the group - questioning everything and looking for solutions.

I'm increasingly missing Tasmia - I did go off her with the whole Earth Man rubbish subplot but if that were to be swept under the carpet I'd love to see more of her.

And where is Quislet??

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden