Roll Call
0 members (), 81 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/29/24 12:25 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 10:28 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Dawnstar and Wildfire
#610377 12/11/10 03:01 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[snip]

Originally posted by jimgallagher:

And I'm thinking "older females" have never been and never will be the target audience for most comics. You can't blame comic creators for marketing to the largest comic-buying demographic segment, which is younger males...
Actually, I can and do blame them. The industry is losing money and has been losing money for decades now, and I'd attribute much of it to their willful ignorance and sometimes out-and-out hostility towards females of all ages. They put out products that alienate what could be a huge market share, or they completely miscalculate or misunderstand what women would like to read-- and then market the products poorly; then they blame the audience for not shelling out.

Every decade, it's the same old story.

Their attitude toward female fans (of all ages) isn't just insulting, it's also self-destructive.

More on that in another thread, though.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#610378 12/11/10 03:58 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
cleome says it so much better than I do, but that's what I meant.

LeGuin wrote about a human colony that had evolved to their new homeworld to change genders throughout their lives, so the idea has definitely been explored.

Dawnstar and Wildfire trying to have a physical relationship was explore also, when Drake had his more human look.
There were burn marks on Dawny's skin and Wildfire got upset over hurting her and left.

He's also been shown to be basically immortal, if he doesn't run into something that converts his particular energy into something else, imo.
He was in the Legion 1,000,000 story where his energy was found and put into a new suit.
He functioned the same as before and remembered the past.

Gates was shown on his homeworld, as I remember it, to be male, in that it was a hive race with a ruling queen and he didn't function as a 'worker', who are usually females.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#610379 12/11/10 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Their fairly modest at the moment but have been much less so at various times in the past.
Ayla's at the moment may have long sleeves and harken back to Adventure days, the the G-string panties are just wrong, imo.
The funny thing is: the "cut" of Ayla's costume is almost exactly like Imra's top/jacket. All Ayla needs is a pair of tights, or the "runner's shorts," like XS wears.

And we may be aged, but a lot of females think like we do, imo, and DC (comics in general) would do well to alter things just a little to bring in more female readers.
Yeah. It should tell them something that we agree on this, even when we hardly agree on anything else, right?

tease

What's this thread about?
Oh yes, Dawnstar and Wildfire.
How come Wildfire's suit isn't more like Wildstar's?
I've pretty much liked all of Wildfire's costumes. I was a little sad when they didn't stick with the "energy construct body" idea. Because it had the potential to open up a lot more about his character.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#610380 12/11/10 07:28 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
We agree on more than you think, or perhaps, that I let on.

I'd put all of the girls in tights or pants/shorts.
My 4 year old grandaughter wears some version under all of her skirts and dresses and she looks fantastic.

I think Legionnaires need a 'look', so I'd remove her sleeves, too.

I don't know if you've seen Wildstar.
She's a dotREBELS character that Bedard invented, who is an amalgam of Wildfire and Dawnstar.
Her containment suit is flesh pink and has black overlays that look like something Grell invented.
It's funny and sexist, especially compared to Drake's various looks over the years.
PINK, not less.
They could have at least made the color a golden brown/red if they were going for the flesh thingy.
lol

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#610381 02/01/11 06:08 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I've always loved Wildfire and Dawnstar and the unique relationship that they have, but I agree both characters need some work.

Break them up and have Dawnstar hook up with Mon-el. I always thought they would be an ideal couple.

#610382 02/01/11 06:10 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
Break them up and have Dawnstar hook up with Mon-El. I always thought they would be an ideal couple.
They both do have a distant explorer / anachronism thing going on. That might actually be a better reason to keep them apart, since they'd probably wander off and never be seen again...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#610383 02/02/11 06:09 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Set:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
Break them up and have Dawnstar hook up with Mon-El. I always thought they would be an ideal couple.
They both do have a distant explorer / anachronism thing going on. That might actually be a better reason to keep them apart, since they'd probably wander off and never be seen again...
Hook 'em up and have them start a new team....the Wanderers!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,988
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
Yonkers N.Y