Roll Call
1 members (stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86), 13 Murran Spies, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:47 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:45 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:44 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:43 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/19/24 05:40 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Gaseous Lad - 05/19/24 02:55 PM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 66 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 65 66
Re: Official LSH 3 Worlds Thread #5 out (FINALLY!! - spoilers)
#69235 07/22/09 05:38 AM
Active
Active
And a montage from Scott Koblish's blog.

This contains real spoilers be warned - here.

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#69236 07/22/09 06:52 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So... that's what Terrus had in that suit?

#69237 07/22/09 07:41 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
And a montage from Scott Koblish's blog.

I saw the image. What was spoiled exactly?

#69238 07/22/09 07:50 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
[b]And a montage from Scott Koblish's blog.

I saw the image. What was spoiled exactly?[/b]
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Return of Quislet. Kent Shakespeare from 5YL</span></span>

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#69239 07/22/09 07:52 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Those are spoilers?

I guess I kind of expect that stuff to happen.

#69240 07/22/09 12:22 PM
Active
Active
A few months back there were some Legion hints at Booster Gold regarding Brainiac 5. Did you all see that? Maybe it will resolve around now too.

#69241 07/22/09 12:41 PM
Substitute
Substitute
there have been hints about Brainy in booster gold since issue 1. He was on the first issue cover

'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com
#69242 07/22/09 01:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Oh my God. That double page spread. It was... words fail.

#69243 07/22/09 01:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Sadly , one must go over to the DCMBs to get any decent spoilers.

Click that link only if you want to be spoiled.

#69244 07/22/09 01:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Legionnaires that appeared are <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Tyroc! Computo! Catspaw! Dragonmage! Kono! Reflecto! TWO Supergirls, including PreC Kara and Matrix! Monstress! Color Kid! Kent! Beppo the $%^&*& Super Monkey!! And so many others!!!</span></span>

#69245 07/22/09 01:31 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Sadly , one must go over to the DCMBs to get any decent spoilers.

Click that link only if you want to be spoiled.
By the like of what they are writing, it is still pretty much messy. But those pages on DC page are glorious, especially when 5YL artwork shows up at the background.

#69246 07/22/09 01:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
But I'm scared. What if Prime's on here right now? I don't want to end up like Pantha!

He's now Little Anthony. And that's a good thing! It's a really, really good thing!

#69247 07/22/09 01:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, I've seen scans of the last few pages and read a synopsis.

Can't say I'm impressed by the writing or story. The art was the only thing I enjoyed about this series.

#69248 07/22/09 02:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The Thread is titled Spoilers so I'm going to just go ahead.

For the most part, I'd say Johns pulled it off, except the redemption thing but, blah, he left a loophole. Superman wanted to redeem him, not the writer.

Superboy Prime: Red eyes = Fail and how he got back to Earth Prime, deus ex machina but not the worst I've seen. If survival was in the cards, best IMO would have been to depower and give him a spanking. The message board thing was cute but ruined by the red-eyes.

Everything else, I thought, top notch.

Lots of cute exchanges amongst the Legionnaires and I thought overall, I heard different voices for different characters and that none were way out of line.

Created at least two NEW characters of interest. Someone for Giffin to kill and the new Witch.

Set up actually quite a few new potential storylines (that we'll never see). I'm most interested in the search for those that survived the original Crisis. Obviously a licensing ploy but still creative.

Set-up two of the Adventure stories: Starman and Sunboy-Polar Boy.

Did a great job of "debriefing." On first glance, I didn't see many unanswered questions.

The low point, the resolution of Prime weighs heavily but I think most will enjoy the issue.

Question I still have:

Where did Ferro Lad die? Off-panel?

#69249 07/22/09 02:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I know I did. Did anyone else notice a resemblance between that close-up of Mysa and the little girl from Ring? Or WW Dark Angel?

I believe that was the FIRST Ferro Lad.

#69250 07/22/09 02:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:

I figured as much but was wondering did they kill him again? They were pulling Legionnaires from different timelines also, that was my take. And they didn't show other legionnaires at the funeral that had died outside this story.

So, did they grab the original Ferro Lad (I see one in the two pager) then kill him?

#69251 07/22/09 02:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
No, I'm guessing those Legionnaires all went back to their original times. And THEN he died, like he was supposed to.

Another note, I like how Johns kept it so the Time Trapper wasn't "actually" Prime, but just another identity he takes on as the timelines change.

#69252 07/22/09 02:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Time Trapper was given a solid "definition" I thought done well but I think it pretty obvious Johns was getting his material from the boards. Perhaps the real reason for the "delay."

I'm thinking I was the first to ever call Conner "Clone Boy." I'm almost certain, being a Legion fan. I think I should get a writing credit.

If he was using the boards to get plot points, actually kind of clever as it worked out but not something we're likely to get a definite answer on from Johns.

#69253 07/22/09 02:27 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Time Trapper was given a solid "definition" I thought done well but I think it pretty obvious Johns was getting his material from the boards. Perhaps the real reason for the "delay."

I'm thinking I was the first to ever call Conner "Clone Boy." I'm almost certain, being a Legion fan. I think I should get a writing credit.

Actually clever as it worked out but not something we're likely to get a definite answer on.
From the few pages on the website, Geoff used a lot of dialogues from fan boards to put into S-Prime's mouth. It is unfortunate that Geoff is not a Morrison to pull a decent meta-stunt, so he has to stick with his meanderings. Amusing, at least.

#69254 07/22/09 03:25 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[b]

I figured as much but was wondering did they kill him again? They were pulling Legionnaires from different timelines also, that was my take. And they didn't show other legionnaires at the funeral that had died outside this story.

So, did they grab the original Ferro Lad (I see one in the two pager) then kill him? [/b]
I believe you are misinterpreting the image. There are 5 new memorial statues being added to the Hall of the Fallen. They are the 5 statues out front (Myg, threeboot Element Lad, Kinetix, threeboot Sunboy and Rond Vidar)

The other statues are the old statues that already existed. Ferro Lad, Triplicate Girl, Invisible Kid, and Proty...all from the original Legion, as well as Monstress and Colossal Boy from the reboot. Of course they missed a couple that should be there (including Chemical King) but I assume they are hidden by the central feature on the stage.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#69255 07/22/09 03:30 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I actually missed Proty and IK until you pointed it out. Thanx.

#69256 07/22/09 04:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Vee:
[b]
[b]

So, did they grab the original Ferro Lad (I see one in the two pager) then kill him? [/b]
I believe you are misinterpreting the image. There are 5 new memorial statues being added to the Hall of the Fallen. They are the 5 statues out front (Myg, threeboot Element Lad, Kinetix, threeboot Sunboy and Rond Vidar)

The other statues are the old statues that already existed. Ferro Lad, Triplicate Girl, Invisible Kid, and Proty...all from the original Legion, as well as Monstress and Colossal Boy from the reboot. [/b]
I feel comfortable blaming the artist for my misinterpretation.

Yeah, at first that's what I thought but then I convinced myself otherwise.

#69257 07/22/09 04:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
sure wish that somebody scan the whole page of all the Legionnaires on it. that would be perfect for the screen saver, wouldn't it? I have not seen it yet...but I hear that there are a lot of positive reactions...only a few small complaints. hmmm.

#69258 07/22/09 04:42 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
sure wish that somebody scan the whole page of all the Legionnaires on it. that would be perfect for the screen saver, wouldn't it? I have not seen it yet...but I hear that there are a lot of positive reactions...only a few small complaints. hmmm.
It's beautiful indeed, but I think my favorite piece of Legion art is still on Legion v4 #13. Not to diminish George Pérez' but it's a bit expected to see something like that on this book.
I am reading an online version of it (my copy was shipped today, but takes 2 months to arrive, if you can excuse me for my bad behaviour) and will give my full opinion later on. So far, the expected is happening...

#69259 07/22/09 05:43 PM
Active
Active
Okay, my first impressions, without much thought to it:

Non-Spoilers first:

- George Pérez art deteriorates considerably during the final pages of the book. At occasions, older characters seem to have been "yougerized" for the lack of better term. Rushed job? You bet.
- Geoff Johns did not improve a bit his writing here. There was absolutely nothing here suprising or noteworthy to say about a hook or any plot device. And he fails miserably at telling a meta-tale (especially because its conclusion makes no sense). Grant Morrison has to teach him some lessons at that point.
- As usual by Johns' standards, more plots are opened than closed. And huge gaps are rifting it already.

SPOILERS
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">- Apart from a cameo of 4 characters from 5YL, nothing is explained about it, or mentioned, or solved. So we might consider them from a different Earth, but nothing on which one or even if it is from one of those multiverses that didn't exist....
- So there are 52 Earths but the multiverse is infinite? Why so much confusion? Erase 52 and let's get on with the multiverse already. It can't be more confusing than what already is.
- I think to call the Reboot as Wanderers is a nod to Keith Giffen's original plans to rename one of the Legion as Wanderers too. But I might be wrong.
- It was the most "Legion-centered" of all L3W books. But it still seemed more a plot to rebuild Titans and Green Lantern than the Legion.
- It is still not explained why the original Legion came back at that point in time except that Johns is retconning to whatever he feels like.
- Fire and Ice Geoff Johns style. I think he is trying to make them their Blue and Gold...
- I like the spin on Mysa though. Probably the best thing at the whole series. And cool to see Alan Scott, Raven and Magog etched on stone at Sorcerer's World.
- Why was L.E.G.I.O.N. involved if they were NEVER part of the Legion lore or even from the 31st Century? Why would them be summed? When would that be in terms of THEIR timeline? Except for fanatical reasons, this was a throwaway idea that meant just more timeline confusion.
</span></span>

Summint it up, it was a lackluster book that did NOTHING to help Legion, did not created a new book out of it and whose outcome in practical terms was just Justin Thyme.
Now let's follow Legion stories at REBELS and Booster Gold, apparently.

Page 55 of 66 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,481
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
rtvu2
rtvu2
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star