Roll Call
1 members (Sarcasm Kid), 23 Murran Spies, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/28/24 03:11 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/28/24 12:44 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
R.I.P. Rachel Pollack
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:12 PM
DC Pride 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:11 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by thoth lad - 05/27/24 12:23 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:57 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RAZORWIRE 26 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
Re: UPDATE (12/20): Legion of Super-Heroes #1-- SOLICITATION! SPOILERS!
#70225 09/12/04 05:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Um...I don't know what to think about any of it.

I think I'd have preferred a softer change of status quo though. Otherwise, I'm waiting.

#70226 09/12/04 05:38 AM
Active
Active
Top Row: Imra, Dirk, Nura, Condo, Tasmia

Bottom: Rokk, Hunt, Tinya, Jeckie, Querl, Jo, Reep, Gim

*hic*

#70227 09/12/04 05:44 AM
Deputy
Deputy
The symbols on the blonde guy's outfit appear to be alchemical symbols for silver, gold and possibly lead. It ain't "Jarth", that's for sure. No way Garth would be caught dead (pun intended) wearing those duds. It's gotta be Jan.

Re. Garth vs. Dirk, Dirk's hair was usually wavy and brushed back. This hairstyle is more typical of Garth. The yellow/gold duds are a surprise, but why not? His lightning was often depicted as golden and it was also the color of his insignia. If it were Dirk, I'd expect to see some fiery red. I'm sticking with Garth 'til Barry says otherwise.

I missed the blue cables that appear to come out of the back of Brainy's head. Maybe it's part of his force field gadgetry, or he merged with his son COMPUTO!

Why would Barry depict Cham this way if the character's silhouette clearly had antennae in the teaser image?

Waid was right. It's hard to recognize them.

#70228 09/12/04 06:08 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm with Libation Lad on this one guys. I suspect most of you wouldn't be all that familiar with Condo but the dark haired male in the box along the top looks very much like Condo's profile to me. He was often drawn with darker complexion and he also had close cropped dark hair.

The blong guy could easily be Jan. The outfit reminds me of an updated, stylized version of what he wore during the TMK run. He wore a "hermit" or "mystic" cape once he returned to Trom. This looks mystical to me.

Also, while I hope that light haired female in front is Jeckie, it doesn't look like her to me. I'm reminded that Gail said her story arc paved the way for some elements of the reboot. When I first saw her, I felt that the girl in datk blue with the cape was Nightwind!

So my guess would be:

TOP ROW (left to right):
1. Imra
2. Garth
3. Nura
4. Condo
5. Violet (or maybe Tinya)

MAIN IMAGE (left to right)
6. Rokk
7. Jan
8. Tasmia
9. Berta (Nightwind)
10. Brainy (center)
11. Jo
12. Cham (although my initial reaction was Gear)
13. Chuck or Val

As for Brainey: I don't think those are cables runing into the computer, I think it's circuitry built into his skin (replacing the current implants?)

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#70229 09/12/04 06:10 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
I've already had enough of Brainy.
Ditto!

Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
The 40 pages means 30 story plus 10 ads, right?
Actually I suspect it'll be 25/15! laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#70230 09/12/04 06:32 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Awkward Pause Boy, it's 30 pages of story, as confirmed previously by both Waid and Kitson. Vee's just teasing you.

#70231 09/12/04 07:03 AM
#deleteFacebook
Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
EUGH.

The chances of me buying this just shrank from "small" to "infinitesimal."

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#70232 09/12/04 07:36 AM
#deleteFacebook
Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
Oh, and for reference, my gut instinct on the "who"s goes:

Insets: Imra, Dirk, Nura, [New], Triad

Main: Rokk, [New (magic user?)], Jaz (head just visible), [New], Querl, Jo, Reep, Chuck.

With the logo at the BOTTOM of the cover.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#70233 09/12/04 08:11 AM
Applicant
Applicant

Well, the Baltimore Con is today, so some news site will have to have some info somewhere on the Legion Panel Waid will be doing. I want to hear what he says.

Also, that's CHam in the front, not Gear, and I thought it was Condo with the 'Alchemist' outfit.

So long as the guy up top isn't Jacques, I won't explode.

-Elsewhere

C'mon, out InvisibleKid1 already you cowards. You owe the readers.

#70234 09/12/04 08:31 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Well, upon further reflection I both hate it (reset button pushed) and love it (possible return of Jan Arrah).

Why are all of Brainy's fingers the same length? The more closely I look at him, the wierder he appears. Too much sickly green in the outfit for my taste, but I suppose the whole point it to make him less cuddly.

Jeez, Jo looks unpleasantly beefy. Hope he doesn't go all Neanderthal on us.

I'm inclined to agree the handsome black guy on top might be Condo. If so, could he be the new Legion's first fatality?

Waid's panel is at 4:00 p.m. Hope we get some news by tomorrow morning.

December 29th? Man, that's just cruel!

#70235 09/12/04 09:13 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, I rather hope the guy up top is TYROC.

Not that I dislike Condo, I *love* Condo, but... well, Tyroc deserves to be brought back too.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#70236 09/12/04 09:33 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
CALLING THE ROLL OF THE LSH#1 COVER...

First of all, DEC. 29 makes it THREE Legionless months! AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

With that out of my system...

TOP ROW, left to right...

1). While this was loading, I couldn't decided if the image was that of a male or a female, but I think it probably IS Imra.

[I'll interject here, that any of these images *could* be that of a brand new character, even those who look readily identifiable]

2). The energy background *could* be fire... or lightning... or even WILDFIRE's energy! Maybe Drake'll have a 'human' form here. My first instinct was that it's DIRK MORGNA, SUN BOY/INFERNO. Could be wishful thinking.

3). DREAMER. Though it *could* be Andromeda (no star-mole... most likely a slip-up... or perhaps it'll be visible on the 'real' cover).

4). The collar suggests TYROC to me. Though it could be Condo... or even Lyle under moody lighting. Or undercover. Or with a race-change. Or maybe Jacques.

5). I first thought this was LIALLA with her 'face-jewelry' removed, to be honest. It's more likely TRIAD.

BOTTOM ROW, left to right...

6). Looks like COSMIC BOY... though it *could* be POL (remember Waid's comments about the founders... which would bring the ID of #1 and possibly #2 into question).

7). IS it? COULD it be? JAN!!!??? Gods, I hope so... though the magician-looking outfit'll have to grow on me. If it's just a magic-worker wearing element symbols, I'll be *so* disappointed. I remember Waid's comments about some of the Legionnaires being from different homeworlds, or something. I hope this isn't a Jan Arrah from anywhere else but Trom.

The NEMESIS KID idea *is* intriguing, given his preboot (pre-preboot?) background in alchemy. Comes close to the 'Guess who's back-- WRONG!' bait-and-switch that involved Wildfire in the 5YL era, if so.

8). Probably Tinya, APPARITION, based on what looks like a white pigtail clip. Return of the flares and pigtails? *Could* be any dark-haired Legion gal, though. Vi... Night Girl (standing near possible Rokk)... Nightwind... Umbra... KID QUANTUM (though the face looks too pale, the characters *are* under odd lighting).

9). My first thought upon seeing this image was GLORITH... but I can see the PROJECRTA guesses, too. The dark blue bodice, cape, platinum hair and the regal bearing all would fit Jeckie. She looks very tall, though. This could also be ANDROMEDA... and she *is* standing directly behind Brainy.

10). BRAINIAC 5. Don't like the olive-green on him. Aqua Lad Kid's observation about Vril Dox of L.E.G.I.O.N. fame is an intriguing one. That might be one layer of change too much... Wonder what the context of Brainy slamming his hand down on the table/bar/whatever is?

11). ULTRA BOY... seems the most straightforward of choices. Probably means it's actually Dev-em or something.

12). I hope that's NOT Cham, unless he's in transformation mode for some reason. Blue triangle above pinkish circle (Saturn?) above yellow square... hmmm... doesn't ring any bells with me. Geometry Kid? GEAR? A new form for KINETIX? (What would a new LSH #1 be without one?)

13). I'd guess KARATE KID, because of the gloved hand. *Could* be Chuck, though. Has he been shown to wear gloves with bare fingers?

Thirteen... eep! Not a very auspicious number of characters to feature on a new #1 cover! Wonder if this means the LUCK LORDS are involved?

I'm guessing that the characters who team-up with the Titans in the special have to leave the 31st century and enter the timestream. They return to the idyllic *sounding* UP (assuming it's still called that) and smell something fishy. So they start a 'movement'.

I'm encouraged by the possible usage of a new Jan (and scared that I'm going to be let down, too), Dirk Morgna, Tyroc/Chem, Jeckie. I hope the most alien-looking one is a new character.

DEC. 29! AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Todd

#70237 09/12/04 09:48 AM
Leader
Leader
I just found this thread and I was wondering, is the cover link not working for anyone else?

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#70238 09/12/04 10:09 AM
Deputy
Deputy
It's gone now. No surprise, as the December solicits were not due to be published online until late tomorrow afternoon. The website owners might have been forced to take them down.

Surely, some kind soul will upload the image.

#70239 09/12/04 10:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Poor Gary... this is going to mean a whole batch of new gremlins come December/January...

#70240 09/12/04 10:38 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Tromium Crystal:
Surely, some kind soul will upload the image.
here i am! laugh

[Linked Image]

#70241 09/12/04 10:39 AM
Active
Active
was anyone else a little disappointed that the cover for the 1st issue wasn't the "sunburst" cover we saw earlier?
That one was classy and cool!

"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke
#70242 09/12/04 10:40 AM
Active
Active
bless you Mr Kayak!

"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke
#70243 09/12/04 10:56 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
My guesses, for what it's worth:

Top row:

Imra
Garth (the expression and poise seem more characteristic of him than Dirk)
Tinya (I interpreted it as either an lighting effect or a function of her being phased that her hair appears much lighter than normal)
Jacques (though perhaps more likely someone completely new)
Vi (it just seems like a hairstyle she would wear, though Amp Girl or someone migh be a possibility as well)

Bottom Row:

Rokk
Jan (though I'm *very* intrigued by the Hart Druiter suggestion)
Unsure
Nura (Jeckie is definitely a possibility as well)
Brainy
Jo (has anyone suggested that it might be Cub?)
New Character (possibly a re-imagined Carggite, though?)
Unsure (Mon-el, perhaps?)

#70244 09/12/04 10:58 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Gilded Billy:
was anyone else a little disappointed that the cover for the 1st issue wasn't the "sunburst" cover we saw earlier?
That one was classy and cool!
Yeah, but it resembled the "Legion #1" cover a bit too much, and had *no* readily identifiable characters. I'm guessing that'll be used for advertisements or for the promo.

#70245 09/12/04 11:01 AM
#deleteFacebook
Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
That looks more like scarring than cables on B5's face, now I see what everyone's talking about.

On the insets again, go with the colour code (with the preface that, yep, they could all be brand-new)/

Yellow - Pink's more common for Imra, but her saturn-symbol's yellow, and she's blonde, so it could still fit. [And it does look female. With a ponytail to boot...]

Orange - Not a colour readily associated with, say, Garth. And that looks like a fire effect in the background, which is why I went for Dirk.

Silver-White - Any character other than Nura associated with this?

Dark-Brown - Looks like a skin-colour match more than anything else. There's been a few black characters, but this doesn't bear ready resemblence to any of them.

Lilac-Purple - Anyone other than Triad? And, after all, orange & white are already taken.

#70246 09/12/04 11:07 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Reboot:

Lilac-Purple - Anyone other than Triad? And, after all, orange & white are already taken.
As I suggested: Violet.

#70247 09/12/04 11:21 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow! This is amazing, and I'll have more thoughts on the cover team when I get back from opera rl practice, but here's a quick thought...

That girl on the far right in the top inset looks an awful lot like XS to me.

Cheers! Be back soon!

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#70248 09/12/04 11:25 AM
Active
Active
I'm thinking that the Lilac-purple one is Vi too.

And though the orange colour and flame background suggests Dirk, his facial features make me think of Garth.

And I'm betting that the black one is Jaques, though if it is I hope that dosen't mean no Lyle.

The other two surely must be Imra and Nura IMO.

-Tobias Funke
#70249 09/12/04 11:34 AM
#deleteFacebook
Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
I suppose it could be Vi, although my instinct still says "Triad".

That said, why are they insetted? Especially with comparitively bright colours, against the dull main pic.

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,747
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Trickster74
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star