Roll Call
1 members (Alexander, Alexander, Alexander), 127 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:30 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:28 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:26 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: INVASION
#731141 08/30/06 11:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Space Ranger (Dark Oval Sector):
*jumps back, pulls blaster*

Easy there! You can't just pop out of thin air like that, you'll startle someone! I guess that's the point though...

Outdoor Miner, isn't it? I'm quite familiar with the LMB's files.

Perhaps you might be able to help me get on someone in authority's good side...

<sees Outdoor Miner chugging three beers in the middle of a war>

...hm...maybe not.

Still, your teleportation might mix well with my willingness to gun down my enemies in cold blood.
It's OK, its non-alcoholic. I don't drink anymore.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">I'd kill for a three-fer right now.</span>

Haven't seen anybody in authority around, or I'd try to help you out there.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">Oooh, aren't we the samaritan. Maybe you should apply that to LW's civilians instead, huh?</span>

I am! I mean, I think....I should go help some of LW's civilians now.

(disappears)

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#731142 08/30/06 11:55 PM
Substitute
Substitute
(Odd...it appears that this one is at war with himself. Perhaps one of the powerful telepaths of Legion World could look into it? Ha! As if they'd ever forgive me...)

Okay Miner, lets get going...I need you to teleport me across town and start a search...for Actor Lad or Kent Shakespeare, or even better, Everyday Girl...

Justice comes at a price. What are you willing to pay for it?
#731143 08/31/06 12:14 AM
Active
Active
Seth finally gets through to the Medical Center, and slumps back on one of the beds. "Don't bother... with painkillers. No effect... on me." he manages.

~Abyss, I hate being so helpless at a time like this!~ he thinks.

#731144 08/31/06 12:18 AM
Leader
Leader
Joeboy Stumbles into the Medical Centre, Beer in hand and a glassy look in his eyes.

"Hey guys Ive just ported down from Fourecks and there seems to be some kind of war on. just thought you should know. "

He notices Cobalt Kid

"What's wrong with Des? he looks kinda...dead. well Deadish. ooh I know!"

He turns Towards the Comatose Cobalt Kid...Arms Outstretched

"SHAZAM!"
Lightning leaps from his hands Striking Cobalt Kid. His Body Convulses then Stops. Des Sits up.

"Oooh....I dont think I could do that twice"
Joeboy falls to the ground...unconcious.

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#731145 08/31/06 08:46 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Unfortunately Joe boys lightning blasts have shattered the bottles of life giving elixir held by Calamity Monkey (or at least that’s what he said later as to the watching LardLad it looked more like the monkey tripped on entering the room and accidentally dropped them)

Cobalt Kid, deprived of the famed life giving brew of Pov’s Pint, fell back into his Princesses arms and relapsed into a coma once more.

Meanwhile on the mean streets of Legion World…..

Faithfull
#731146 08/31/06 09:10 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Streets of Legion World

<Hrykosian Red Guard moves forward, continually destroying all in its path. The goal: the conquest of LMBP Plaza, the burning of the LMBP Archives and Declaration, and the replacement of the LMBP flag with the Dark Oval's flag.>

<'Prime Guards' move forward--each one displaying astonishing super-strength, invulnerability and some even raw heat vision, all based on Superboy Prime's DNA>

--------------------

The Legion World Aqua-Plant

<The Dominion soldiers advance forward, hoping to gain control, to unleash Biological Agent QX, hoping to poison the remaining sectors of Legionnopolis into submission.>

Pinnacle Command: "Proceed. Though Biological Agent QX remains relatively untested, we are aware that it creates an intense radioactive burning that most terrestrials native to the United Planets cannot handle. If possible, capture as many Legion World children as possible for further testing."

-----------------

Country Side

<While the war in the city rages, the vast planetside of Legion World begins seeing the endless supply of invaders approaching. Farms are burnt. Civilans rounded up.>

<An emissary is sent to the Gorilla Tribe of Legion World, in the jungle sectors>

-----------------

Dark Oval Encampment

Angra Metternich: "It is official. By the power vested in High Command of the Hrykosians and Pinnacle Command of the Dominion, I have been named Magistrate of Legion World, contingent upon the defeat of its forces. All soldiers who show acts of courage, including the loss of life for the Dark Oval, will be honored in such a way that they will always be remembered."

<As the Durlan speaks, he/she pulls back her cloak, revealing red, fiery eyes. There is more to his/her power than a normal Durlan after all...>

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#731147 08/31/06 09:16 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Originally posted by Re-Bots:
Three Re-Bots fly over to dedman:

Here...

An anvil's black and shiny
It's very heavy too
So watch out, our evil friends
Or one will fall on you!

*LegionWorld starts to rain anvils on the Dark Oval troops*
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
<There is a momentary calm in the area where Rockhopper Lad and the SMBers have been fighting>

Openly Gay Lad: Rocky, can we talk?

RhL: Of course, if you'll all excuse us.

OGL: Look, I don't know what's going to happen here and I don't know, if we make it through, how we can ever make it work between us, but...

RhL: I know.

OGL: I've been in love with you since we met. I know it's silly. I thought you were your evil double, but there was something about you. The way you made that ice sculpture of Orlando Bloom. I knew there was something special.

RhL: I know. I feel it too, but I can't leave my duties here and you can't leave yours.

OGL: You're royalty and you have official duties. I'm an orphan. The SMB is my life. I could just as well make the LMB...

RhL (very distressed): Dywh help me, I'm awful at this. Look, the invaders could be back at any time. We should have a long talk about this later.

OGL: All right. And if I go back to my world?

RhL: We'll always have Legionnopolis.

<They kiss>
Originally posted by The Crusader:
[b]Meanwhile, on a busy Legionnopolis street...

<Dark Oval troops rampage through the streets, causing destruction wherever they go as citizens flee before them. Suddenly, a costumed young man steps out into the street, standing silently between the troops and their intended victims. As the troops take aim to fire, the man opens his mouth wide, and the air is shattered with a thunderous whining sound>

[Midnight Son]: Waaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

<Windows shatter as Midnight Son unleashes his sonic whine on the soldiers, who drop to their knees as their eardrums rupture>

[Chips Ahoy Boy]: Way to go, Son!

<Down on one knee, Chips Ahoy Boy reached out and huge streams of cookie dough burst from his hands, covering the quivering soldiers. He then opens his mouth and uses his fire breath to cook the dough into a huge cookie prison>

[Kid Psychout]: Now those are some bigass chocolate morsels, CABoy! Mind if I borry some? I need more ammo smile [/b]
Though spread out over the city, a three-pronged attack begins upon the Re-Bots, the LMB Reserve and Rockhopper's squadron of SMBers. Orders are given to capture any if possible, but kill if capture is questionable.

<Two Re-Bots captured, though after tremendous loss of Dominator life. The other Re-bots plan on how to deal with this...>

*Prisoners are taken in: Openly Gay Lad, Midnight Son, Alternative Boy (aka Mightyfanboy Lad), Earth-4 Monkey-Eater Lad (the SMBer) and Cobalt Kid's origional Supergirl Robot (the second murdered long ago).*

<For now they are imprisoned, as Hrykosian High Command and Dominion Officer in charge of purging the streets argue over whether to execute or interogate...>

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#731148 08/31/06 10:39 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<Rockhopper Lad, Rockhopper Lass and Infra-Red Lass come staggering up to Quislet Esq.'s table.>

Quis: Rockhopper! Are you okay? <They embrace>

RhLad: Quis! It was horrible! Invaders everywhere! They got Blaine! They got Openly Gay Lad! And the Earth-4 Monkey Eater Lad! I don't know about the others. I grabbed Adelie and Infra and we ran.

It was horrible! <begins to cry, then looks up> Are those Whoopie Pies?

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#731149 08/31/06 11:57 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Dedman comes stumbling around the corner. For a change it is weariness that makes him stumble and not drink>

Quis, Rocky, Rockhopper Lass, and Infra-Red Girl.....Finally I've found some allies.
The streets are a mess, there's soldiers everywhere. I don't know what else I can do.........

#731150 08/31/06 12:13 PM
M
Applicant
Applicant
M
The Legion World Aqua-Plant

<As the Dominion soldiers advance on the Legion World Reservoir, they stop suddenly when they see two women standing on the shoreline>

[Dominion Captain]: Kill them. Two lowly women are no threat to the might of the Dominion's Finest!

<The woman on the right tosses back her fiery auburn hair and looks to her companion>

[Caliente]: Now see? Being a "highly intelligent" race does not mean that they aren't still ignorant.

<The woman on the left smiles, the spikes of her short white hair moving with the wind coming across the water of the reservoir>

[Frio]: Let's teach them a lesson in Girl Power.

<Frio stretches out her arms, her fingers splayed as she absorbs moisture from the water behind her. As the soldiers raise their weapons to fire, her arms suddenly sweep forward, her fingers pointed like weapons. Twins columns of ice blast from her hands, hitting the ground just at the soldiers' feet. Frio sweeps her arms back and forth, building the pile of ice upward, encasing the legs of her enemies.

Caliente leaps up into the air, held aloft by her flight ring, and suddenly bursts into flame. She streaks forward toward the enemy soldiers, a trail of flame following behind her. Even as Frio's ice is trapping them, Caliente begins flying in circles around them. The soldiers try to fire at her, but the heat from Caliente's passage is already beginning to melt the barrels of their guns, making them useless.

With the threat neutralized, Frio walks forward to join Caliente, who has depowered and landed before them>

[Caliente]: Welcome to the 31st Century, boys.

<Suddenly, a voice is heard from behind them>

[Dominion soldier]: For the Dominion!

<The two women spin around to see a soldier who they had missed, standing on the edge of the reservoir, and open case in his hands. He starts to pour the liquid into the water>

[Frio]: NO!

<Even as the poison begins to pour, a dark shadow moves quickly below the water's surface, crossing the reservoir at phenomenal speed. A split second before the Biological Agent QX hits the water, the water suddenly splashes up, deflecting the hazardous liquid back onto the soldier. The Dominion soldier begins to scream even as a man leaps up from beneath the water's surface>

[Seahorse]: You probably don't know me, girls, but I'm Seahorse, of the LMBP Reserve. It's a pleasure to meet you.

#731151 08/31/06 12:57 PM
strange but not a stranger
Dedman, Rockhopper Lad, Rockhopper lAss, & Infrared Lass,

Have a whoopie pie and a sip of Aunt Ida's. They will restore your energies. As you can see more and more of the Dark Oval troops are sitting down at my table. May I introduce Commander Helena Handbasket? *you see a strikingly beautiful woman in full battle gear. Her shiny auburn hair has been pulled into a ponytail. You can see intellegence and passion in her green eyes. An LW has been painted on the chestplate.* After partaking of my hospitality, Commander Handbasket and her troops have choosen to help defend Legion World. *you see other Dark Oval troopers painting LWs on their chestplates* She proposes leading a small band to the Dark Oval command post on Legion World and capturing the leaders. I need to stay here to make sure that the hospitality remains in effect and convert more of the Dark Oval troops. There are about 200 ready to defend Legion World and I think about another 300 partaking of my hospitality. Commander Handbasket wants to take 25 for her raid. I think one of you should go with Commander Handbasket and the rest lead these new Legion Worlders into battle.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#731152 08/31/06 01:45 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Ambassador Angra Metternich:
Though spread out over the city, a three-pronged attack begins upon the Re-Bots, the LMB Reserve and Rockhopper's squadron of SMBers. Orders are given to capture any if possible, but kill if capture is questionable.

<Two Re-Bots captured, though after tremendous loss of Dominator life. The other Re-bots plan on how to deal with this...>

*Prisoners are taken in: Openly Gay Lad, Midnight Son, Alternative Boy (aka Mightyfanboy Lad), Earth-4 Monkey-Eater Lad (the SMBer) and Cobalt Kid's original Supergirl Robot (the second murdered long ago).*
*995 Re-Bots congregate in the Great Hall of the Mainframe's Principal Office, with Reboot hovering before them*

Replicants, Re-Bots, the time has come. Two of your number have been captured, and three more are missing beyond my range - we must presume they are dead and have returned to the ether from which they were created. Now, though they do not have Glitch within their systems, they are almost as powerful as I and thus this situtation cannot continue..

Most of your number will return to LegionWorld's streets to continue the fight in groups of three, but I want one hundred and one volunteers to storm the prison where they are held and to retrieve them.

They think three ambushed Re-Bots gave them a fight they would never forget, so let us see how they take a prepared force of over a hundred!

*Re-Bots begin to rise into the air, led by the survivor of the ambush*

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#731153 08/31/06 02:08 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<Outdoor Miner and Space Ranger of the Dark Oval suddely appear next to Quislet, Rockhopper Lad, Dedman, Rockhopper Lass and Helena Handbasket's troops>

At last, some others that haven't been captured yet!

<Ranger sees Dedman and Rockhopper move towards him in anger, and Quislet give him a distrusting look>

Legion Worlders, wait!

I have not been the most upfront or kind person to all of you, that I know. Hell, I haven’t actually been good at all. But I certainly didn’t want an invasion and mass death. And the Dark Oval troops are firing at me too.

Look…I have evidence that proves the Dark Oval masterminded this attack well before LardLad and Cobalt Kid ever crossed into the Dark Oval. That can prove in a galactic court that they are at fault. It doesn’t mean much, but certainly some of you respect the law enough to know this evidence should stand and be made galaxy-wide.

<looks at Quislet>

Perhaps…I can make a trade and give this evidence, and in turn be fully exonerated of all charges here on Legion World? I’m willing to help out against the Dark Oval invaders too, to do what I must to stop this. If I can have all charges wiped off my Legion World record and possibly be allowed to stay here on Legion World for a time…well, I have lots of evidence that can help. I might be able to even help your friends LardLad and Cobalt Kid. And I definitely have some coordinates involving the Dark Oval’s invasion plans that will be of use.

What do you say?

<suddenly notices Helena Handbasket>

Er, excuse me, miss…Grife, you’re beautiful…I, perhaps, I-I can help on your mission…?

<turns to Outdoor Miner>

This schizophrenic bug can vouch for my actions as of late…

#731154 08/31/06 02:24 PM
Space Ranger,

You should know that evidence cannot just be accepted at face value.

As far as I know there are currently no charges against you. No one here has the authority to grant you immunity or a pardon for any crimes you may have committed here on Legion World.

If you wish to aid Legion World during this invasion, then do so with no anticipation of reward like the first Space Ranger here on Legion World.

#731155 08/31/06 02:57 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Very well. I will do what I must, as I've committed no real crimes here.

But my evidence, upon examination, will prove to be real. I'll offer it freely. One fifth of the Dark Oval hired me to come here and prevent a war with the Hrykosians and Dominion (two other fifths) by capturing LardLad before hand if I could. But now that I've failed they'll surely want my death. But in their over-confidence they provided me with documents and recordings proving the Dark Oval had this planned out long ago.

Guess it doesn't really matter one way or the next. I don't subscribe to the ideals you all do, but I'll fight for more survival against these bastards...

#731156 08/31/06 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Space Ranger (Dark Oval Sector):
I don't subscribe to the ideals you all do ...
That is a pity and why I suspect that you won't be staying here much longer.

#731157 08/31/06 04:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
A ghost image of Faraway Lad appears.

“Quislet? Quislet is that you? Damnation, this projector is damaged by the rain I am not sure if you are alone or not but I will have to take the risk” he says

“Quislet as the pre eminent legal mind on Legion World I think you need to know….

The image fades for a moment and returns

“…..ger is a mercenary, but an honest one. Once bought he stays bought. Use Diplomatic cost code 337/alpha/10 to transfer 100,000 Legion World)credits to his account (I think that equates to around 20,000,000,genarii and so allows him to repay his previous employers and turn a nice profit)

Faraway continues

“You need to go to the founders and remind them of the secret protocols I negotiated between ourselves and the Northern Barbarians, The Khudians and the far off Empire of Byzantium. Tell the founders to use the section 4, subsection III clauses 4,6 and 8 to instigate the mutual re insurance treaty and full military support clauses and instigate a full scale mobilisation of all fleets as we are going to need them to defeat the Dark Oval.

Faithfull
#731158 08/31/06 04:33 PM
Applicant
Applicant
*101 ghost-mode^ Re-Bots sneak into the Dark Oval base in search of their captive brethren*

^ - invisibility+intangibility

#731159 08/31/06 04:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Leads a group of civilians to the refuge of the Supper Club, where they are to be entertained by a Flea Circus, Karaoke and the comic stylings of Thora of Taltar.>

That's right citizens of Legion World, your government has failed you yet again. Despite its large per capita spending on Cobalt Kid's millitary industrial complex.

#731160 08/31/06 05:03 PM
Active
Active
[Whordru's fleet from Rudlab arrives in Legion World space. It immediately begins engaging the latest wave of Dark Oval warships.]

"Imminence, we have engaged the enemy...but tactically, they have the numbers. There's a good chance we will be overwhelmed!"

Fool! Captain...you forget that I will be out there, as well! Have faith in your Queen! We have pledged our support to Legion World, and they will not find us lacking!

"Yes Imminence! You will never let your royal subjects down."

Of course not!

[In a puff of smoke Whordru disappears. She reappears in the void of space and begins casting devastating spells against enemy ships.]

#731161 08/31/06 05:08 PM
Active
Active
Hrun enters the Supper Club. Seeing the large amount of money behind the bar, as Tamper makes a great deal of profit from the refugees, Hrun throws a few battle axes at the serving droids causing untold damage to the expensive woodwork and short circuiting the serving droids.

Scooping up the large amounts of loose cash and placing them in his pouch Hrun swings a punch at Tamper knocking him backwards despite his force field.

"free food and drink to all needy citizens" hrun crys and departs.

The hungry cold and frightened citizens of Legion World cheer Hrun and swarm towards Tampers private supply of luxury truffles and canapés and fine wines.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#731162 08/31/06 05:15 PM
Applicant
Applicant
*three Re-Bots appear*

Not that we don't agree with the basic thought Hrun, but there is such a thing as "More harm than good"... Reboot, so we think you'll find the suggestion to go fight the Oval until you can't stand up more compelling than any other thought rattling about in your tiny little brain, no?

*watches Hrun stumble directly out of the Club in search of Ovallers to fight*

Extr-or-dinary that something with such a small brain can even stand upright, no Tamper?, let alone break Sentinel-1 the way he did. Anyway, must be off...*

*Re-Bots teleport out*

#731163 08/31/06 05:17 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<Hummer Lass stirs from her hospital bed, where she's been since shortly after the Lair was destroyed.>

"Nurse!" she says. "Have you seen Lard Lad? Is...is he okay?"

"Ms. Goodwyfe, I'm sorry, but his friend, Cobalt Kid is dying--he's in the room down the hall. Lard Lad is with him. We're worried about him, too. He appears to be catatonic, just sitting there motionless in a chair..not responding to questions or, well, anything. We thought about moving him into another room of his own, but there are no beds."

"Oh, gods..that's horrible! Poor Lardy. Poor Cobalt! Can...can you take me to Lard Lad?"

"Ms. Goodwyfe, you are in pretty bad shape yourself--"

"I'll live, okay! I can't help Cobalt, but Lardy needs someone. I hear no one wants anything to do with him."

"Yes, dear...you're right. I'll see if I can find you a hoverchair..."

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#731164 08/31/06 05:23 PM
Active
Active
Hrun stands in the street facing a large number of clone soldiers. Smiling manically, Hrun charges straight at them.

Singing songs of battle he fought gleefully. Clone soldiers fell before him like wheat before the reaper.

Eventually, the impossible happened and for the first time since the invasion, Dark Oval soldiers faltered, hesitated and then broke. Running back towards the drop ships. Leaving Hrun victorious on the field of battle.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#731165 08/31/06 08:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Meanwhile, in Legion World orbit...

<As the Rudlab fleet battle against the Dark Oval ships, they are joined by several Psyonian starships and a handful of United Planets warships>

[TheBoyWithUltraPowers]: Have no fear, Legion World! Here comes the cavalry!

<From deep space comes TBWUP and Rune-El, followed closely by WildfireFan. The trio attack the enemy ships with all the considerable might at their disposal. The three heroes, working together with the assembled Rudlab/Psyonia/UP ships, begin to seriously cripple the Dark Oval ships>

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,979
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Satire Lad
Satire Lad
Eniam, near the Land of the Port.
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star