Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added SUNSWORD 5 May*
by razsolo - 05/04/24 11:08 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: INVASION
#731266 09/07/06 08:11 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<Metternich copies Nightcrawler's powers and teleports down to Legion World>

<flying down towards orbit at Superboy Prime speed, Metternich copies Cobalt Kid's magnetism and rips apart the 50 former Dark Oval troopers>

<Metternich lands, smashing into Rockhopper's igloo with Superboy Prime strength>

And now the finale...I'll destroy you idiots, now that yourfrail protection is shattered! Hahaha!

<Metternich eyes begin to burn with Superboy-Prime power>

Now this is power! Prepare to die!

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#731267 09/07/06 11:21 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<Originally posted by Seth Gaterra: And finally he came within sight of... "Lard Lad! Over here!" Seth called out.>

"Seth?" Lard Lad responds, knocked out of his dreamlike state after he and Whordru had just kissed. ['ports to Seth's side. Wipes some fresh blood from his nose.] "What's goin' on?"

"Lard Lad! I've faced a Composite Durlan before..in another dimension. I think I know how to defeat Metternich!"

<Lardy listens as Seth explains. His eyes widen.>

"Seth, now that's an excellent idea!"

<puts in telepathic plug>

[telepathic link] Attention LMBers, Allies and powered Legion Worlders...we have a plan to, hopefully, defeat Metternich! Anyone with powers who can still fight, attack Metternich en masse. We need to weaken and distract him, so Seth Gaterra can get in close! This is of utmost importance!![/link]

"Seth, I'd shake your hand if, you know, I wouldn't be turned into goo!"

<both laugh>

"Okay, let's do this!"

<Lardy teleports them both near where Lardy's senses tell him Metternich is.>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#731268 09/08/06 12:14 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"5 more minutes mom...zzzzzzzzzzzz"

#731269 09/08/06 12:30 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<Rockhopper Lad emerges from the ice-rubble>

I'm with you Lardy! This is for Openly Gay Lad!

<He begins hurling waves of sheer cold at Metternich. Presently, Rockhopper Lass does the same. Infra-Red Lass, Polka Dot Kid, Dedman and the others standing nearby join in, each doing their part.>

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#731270 09/08/06 12:41 AM
Active
Active
Seth starts moving carefully from one bit of cover to the next, preparing for his own attack on the Composite Durlan. If this doesn't work... he thinks, then abruptly cuts off that train of thought. No, this will work; it must work! Metternich must be stopped... no matter the cost!

#731271 09/08/06 01:24 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(the bright lights of the battle rouse DB)

"nuuuuhhhhnn"

(DB sees Metternich through blurry eyes. DB tries to get up...and fails) "agghhhh"

(DB glares at Metternich, sweat running down his pale face, his eyes light up.)

A Screaching coming from the sky gets louder and lounder, as a falling flaming object comes closer. A meteorite the size of a starship strikes Metternich! <span style="font-size: 36px;">BOOM!!!!</span>

"Powers of Prime Who, that's still gotta hurt...he he he ... *"

(DB passes out again, head falling to the dirt)

(A pile of flaming rubble remains over where Metternich was standing)

#731272 09/08/06 02:26 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<A serpent slithers out of the rubble and quickly shifts to Metternich's familiar form.>

"That...that all you got?"

#731273 09/08/06 02:41 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
[telepathic link]We've shaken him up, guys! But we've gotta keep pourin' it on![/link]

"Hey, you piece of crap--nah, that's an insult to crap!--how 'bout summa this!" Lard Lad yells.

<Fires high level puple energy blasts square at Metternich from his hands. Metternich stumbles back.>

[blood pours afresh and unabated from Lard Lad's nose] "Like that? H-how ab-about some dessert!"

<Fires even more powerful blasts at Metternich. Metternich stumbles again.>

<Lard Lad forces a smile, but he's feeling dizzy. Blood is now coming from his ears also.>

"R-ready for some s-seconds..?" Lardy slurs and weakly raises his hands. No purple energy glows around them, this time.

"Enough!" Metternich screeches. "I w-won't let one as vile as this one assault my person any further!!"

<Metternich fires psionic blast, copied from Spellbinder, full-force at his weakened foe.>

<Lard Lad, unable to put up his defenses, manages an "oh..." before going limp and falling flat on the ground.>

#731274 09/08/06 03:08 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
"Oh, my!" Liberty Monkey squeals. "Is Lardy...dead?"

Space Ranger says, "there's no time to tend to him now, friend. We have to press our advantage her! I'm sure that's what he'd want! We have to pour it on, and give Seth the opening he needs!"

<After a brief pause, all except Disaster Boy, who's still unconscious, and Liberty Monkey converge on Metternich.>

"I won't leave you, my friend! [tears flow] No one should have to die alone!" Liberty Monkey laments.

"It's okay," a calming voice says, accompanied by a foul odor. "I'll get him some medical attention."

Liberty Monkey looks up. "Smelly?" he says.

"Yes," replies Obnoxious Odors Boy, "I'm about to send a signal, and the Med Center will beam myself, Lardy and DB straight to triage. Now, go help them with that monster."

"Will he and Disaster Boy be okay?" Liberty Monkey asks.

"I think DB'll be fine. Lardy, however..."

<Then Smelly vanishes with Lardy and DB before he can finish.>

"I'll give Metternich one for you," Liberty Monkey whispers to the spot where Lardy had been. Then he wipes his eyes and charges headlong after Metternich with the others.

#731275 09/08/06 10:15 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<In the midst of the huge brawl, dedman reaches out to Seth via his telepathic plug.>

[link]Seth, we've got him reeling...whatever you and Lardy have planned, now's the time![/link]

#731276 09/08/06 10:42 AM
Active
Active
At dedman's call, Seth hurried into the battle through the remains of the meteorite. No nimbus on Metternich, so he's not fully templated off me yet... At his mental command, most of Seth's crystal children stopped their feeding, letting his own energy nimbus flare up again.

A powered template's a lot harder to hold than the regular shifting template; the stronger it is, the more he has to concentrate on it. Leejah knew that. Seth thought. If Metternich tries to hold onto the other powers, he's a target for mine. He tries to take my power fully... we can't be harmed by it, and you all can drain him. Either way... we'll win!

Seth prepared for his strike at Metternich's head, readying the disintegration energy for release. Durlans could move around their vitals too easily to ensure a chest shot would work... but knock out the sensory organs -- especially the antennae -- and it hurts them as much as anyone else.

But that's when he saw the woman starting her own attack upon Metternich...

#731277 09/08/06 10:43 AM
strange but not a stranger
*crawling through the wreckage and bodies of her former troopers, Commander Helena Handbasket stealthily approaches Metternich. Battle trained by the Dark Oval, Commander Handbasket knows how to shield her thoughts from a telepathic enemy. Slowly, inch by inch, she nears the back of the evil being that has brought so much pain and death to this hospitable and friendly planet.

When Metternich starts to shift into a new form, Commander Handbasket seizes the moment. Leaping up, she thrusts a neural disruptive grenade into the metamorphizing flesh. There is a blinding flash and a dull boom as bits of Metternich go flying everywhere. Commander Handbasket is blown back, her arm completely disintergrated.

For a few seconds all is quiet. But the hope that this is the end of Metternich fades as the pieces start to move towards each other and reintergrating.

Will this attack buy the Legion World heroes the time they need to stop Metternich once and for all? *

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#731278 09/08/06 10:52 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<The other combatants back off, their attention rapt. "Will this work?" they wonder.>

#731279 09/08/06 11:03 AM
Active
Active
<OOC: Okay, previous post edited to let Quislet's in.>

Seth shielded his face as the Durlan exploded... at least for a moment. Perfect! After that blast, his concentration *has* to be rattled! he thought.

And as Metternich drew himself back up to his tentacled form, Seth's right hand was there -- ready to strike!

#731280 09/08/06 11:07 AM
<OOC: glad to see Helena's sacrifice wasn't in vain.>

#731281 09/08/06 11:23 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<Metternich is clearly rattled, then sees Seth. Metternich sees Seth's hand ready to strike and pushes him back with super-breath.>

<Metternich's antennae twitch.>

"Yes! That one has the means to destroy Legion World! I will adapt his power and destroy it--my Kryptonian invulnerablity will protect me from its explosion!"

<Begins to absorb power.>

"YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!"

<One of Metternich's tentacle forms a hand, and it starts glowing.>

"And now, I'll...what?"

<His antennae start twitching madly.>

"NO! It's too much! That...that creature is not just one sentient--there are countless sentients comprising him! G-gods, it's-it's too much! MAKE IT STOOOOOPPPPPP!!!!! IT HURTS!!!"

<Reeling in pain, Metternich takes the glowing hand and moves it toward where his brain is located.>

<As soon as it connects, Metternich is completely disintegrated.>

The assembled heroes collectively gasp, then pause as if waiting for something. Nothing happens. Metternich is dead.

<They cheer.>

Space Ranger: "Good work all, but there's still a war in space. We need to offer Cobalt and the others every bit of assistance we can give!"

#731282 09/08/06 11:30 AM
Active
Active
Seth's nimbus disappears again as he calls his power back; he blinks a few times as Metternich self-destructs. "That... was not what I'd expected?"

Then he shakes his head, and hurries over to check on Commander Handbasket. She gave him the opportunity to strike; it would ill-repay her to not try to help her... if she can be helped?

<OOC: Not sure if you meant for her to survive this, or not?>

#731283 09/08/06 11:42 AM
*Commander Handbasket openes her eyes and sees Seth peering over her.*

Commander Handbasket: Did ..did we get him?

*Seth looks into her eyes and nods "yes"*

Seth: Hang on we'll take care of you!

Commander Handbasket: That's ..what I've learned about Legion World.

*She passes out.*

Seth: MEDIC!!!!!!

Obnoxious Odors Boy: It looks like there'll be no break for me today.

*Smelly puts a transmat disk on Commander Handbasket which sends her to the Medical Center*

Obnoxious Odors Boy: They may have to replace her arm with a robotic one.

#731284 09/08/06 11:51 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
It's over here then? <Looks back over to where he left Openly Gay Lad's body>

Blaine, we'll never forget the sacrifice you made! And I'll never forget you!

<He sits down next to OGL's body and starts crying>

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#731285 09/08/06 02:29 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<in space, the Dark Oval forces have pulled out. Any Dark Oval troopers still on Legion World are left behind...>

#731286 09/08/06 02:35 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<Space Ranger sits by Commander Handbasket's side>

So noble a sacrifice...so willing to change for what is right...I think you've taught me quite a bit Helena, in quite a short period of time...

<kisses her hand>

Get better...

<walks out>

Justice comes at a price. What are you willing to pay for it?
#731287 09/08/06 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
<in space, the Dark Oval forces have pulled out. Any Dark Oval troopers still on Legion World are left behind...>
*there remains about 300 Dark Oval troops who have painted "LW" on their breast plates. These troops begin to pick up the rubble that exists all around. One trooper, Lt. Shakes, begins to organize the non-LW troopers into clean up crews.

Medics treat wounded Legion Worlders and wounded Dark Oval troopers alike.*

#731288 09/08/06 02:47 PM
Reservist
Reservist
<Liberty Monkey begins organizing the relief efforts to rebuild the city and restore order>

Fellow lurkers! Alt Ids! LMBers! Together, using our various abilities, we can rebuild quicker than it was destroyed! Come now, lend a hand!

<the process moves along quickly...>

#731289 09/08/06 02:50 PM
Active
Active
Seth will do what he can in the work efforts. His wounds can wait a while longer...

#731290 09/08/06 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Seth Gaterra:
Seth will do what he can in the work efforts. His wounds can wait a while longer...
Obnoxious Odors Boy: don't be a silly goose. There's always construction going on. Yoou can help build when you are well.

*Drags Seth to the Medical Center. Although there are lots of wounded, a medic-bot sees to Seth's wounds and a half an hour later, he is released from the Medical Center.*

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,113
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star