Roll Call
0 members (), 42 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: LMB: the Continuity!
#735439 08/11/04 08:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[b]Are you going to be able to add more to the site?
Well gee Cobie, do you really think I would have brought it up if I didn't plan on adding more?!? tongue

I said a loooooong time ago (when I first left the LMB back in 2001) that I'd be back to finish the Archives one day and I do still intend to do so. It won't happen overnight, but it WILL happen sooner or later.[/b]
Have we not had disussions about being 60 somethings sitting here typing about the Legion...you should finish by then... wink

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#735440 08/11/04 08:32 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Holy Hell! I can't wait to see which ones you saved, Lou! I know it won't happen overnight, so don't rush TOO much tongue

YK, I definately recommend re-reading this thread! There are a lot of memories covered, from every single year the LMB has existed. I've somehow slipped into the role of official LMB historian, and I think that by now I've got a very accurate idea of what happened when.

And at least I'm sure when you guys are all in your sixties or older, that I'll still be in my fifties laugh

#735441 08/11/04 08:36 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
DAMN YOUR EYES!!!!!

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#735442 08/11/04 09:06 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Holy Hell! I can't wait to see which ones you saved, Lou!
Between the general discussion-type threads, Onevisions, and Tag-Team stories I'm guessing I've got close to 30 threads saved which aren't on the site yet. I won't tell you which ones I've got (I'm such a tease wink ) but I will say I've got some good stuff on that disk!!!

And at least I'm sure when you guys are all in your sixties or older, that I'll still be in my fifties laugh
If you make it that far smartass... mad

#735443 08/11/04 09:10 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
wink

Close to 30 threads?!

<falls off chair>

Let me reiterate: I cannot wait to see this threads! I think I need a drink...

#735444 08/11/04 09:15 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
It would be great to see some of those old tag-team threads! Our current batch are great and I'd love to get more LMBP reading in!

Cobie, sounds like you've set a lot of work up for yourself as the official archiver! It'll definitely be a fun, rewarding experience once your project is over though! Be sure to share it with us, 50 and 60-somethings or not. wink

#735445 08/16/04 12:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm gonna start jumping in here with my notes on the continuity. I really wasn't around after the first year and a half or so, but I'll try to clear up what I can of the muddled mess that the LMB Continuity has become smile

Also, I remember specifically that Loser Lad said he didn't want to be retconned as a founder, so if we set the parameters of the founders, we should stop when we come close to his first appearances.
I don't remember exactly who ended up being founders. I know the first 5 were Lash, Lardy, Cobalt, Tsarin and Shady. Engine Joe, who was named as a charter member in the first post on the LMB thread, was never an active member of the LMB. He kind of evolved into the inspirational figure behind the formation of the LMB. Our Superboy, if you will. I preferred to think of him in the R.J. Brande role, as founder, financier etc., which is how I wrote his character in my True Origin of the LMB .

As far as other founders go, Bellbookcandle Kid, Goon Boy and Lev Lad were introduced early on, and may be counted as founders, as well as Grey Birdboy and Newcru King. Beagle Boy and Rhino NYC Kid were also early members, so they may be considered founders depending on how you want to look at it.

Loser Lad, as you said, is definitely not a founder. I refused to have him "retconned in" as a founder when the idea came up. Originally only the charter members were considered founders. The idea to add others in as founders came later, near the end of Year One IIRC.

The way I looked at it, the "Founders" honor should only go to those who were active on the Legionnaires board before the LMB thread was started. Several of you were keeping that board alive though the book had been cancelled. You guys that were "keeping the faith" on the board before the LMB (Lash, Lardy, Cobie, Shady, BBC, etc.) are the ones that made the LMB possible. They are the ones that I would consider "founders". Since I didn't make my first post on the DCMB's until the very day the LMB thread was first posted I don't consider myself a founder, even though I became a very active poster later on in Year One.

As far as the in-story continuity goes, I consider Lash, Lardy and Shady to be the founders - the Rokk, Garth and Imra of the LMB. This, again, is reflected in my LMB origin story. Cobalt and Tsarin Kid joined very early on (ala Lu and Tinya) and the membership grew up from there. As I worte into his origin story, Loser Lad was the first LMBer to join through the LMB Academy.

Also Carrina Winters joined, who I think should be known as the super traitor!
The Carrina thing was...certainly odd. I'll have more on that later. As far as the "super traitor" thing goes I think that honor must belong to LLance. Yep, the same LLance whose naked picture destroyed the LHQ last summer! He was the first non-charter member to join the LMB, and while Carrina certainly made things interesting for awhile, she never destroyed an LMB message board!

And a certain Princess Crujectra started showing up. This could be where Year Two really kicked off.
Princess Crujectra was a product of the first major LMB Reboot! At the same time, Lash Lad was rebooted as Lashwire, Furball popped into existance and Loser Lad was rebooted as a snake!

#735446 08/16/04 12:13 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
More parts of Year One:

-more members joined like Kbern Kid, Armsfalloffboy, and others
Kbern Kid would go on to found the short-lived Legion of Substitute Message Board Posters! Eventually he go lonely in that big dark cave all by himself, so we let him move into the Headquarters and become a real LMBer!!!

#735447 08/16/04 12:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hasn't a certain Princess Crujectra had long standing relationships with Loser Lad and Iron Rat, as well as little flings (even with a certain Cobalt Kid wink )
Princess Crujectra and I were and item starting back when i was running for Leader. I think it all came out of one of the Election Scandal threads. That went on for quite some time, ending right around the time I was booted from office and replaced by Newcru. For some reason after that she wouldn't return my calls... frown

#735448 08/16/04 12:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by SharkLad:
... at the point, someone must have had enough of all my alternate id's and created "Alternate ID of Sharklad" ... still not sure who that was, but before I could find out, I resigned from the LMBP due (in continuity) to lingering effects from my evil period and (in reality) to the pressures of working and going to grad school full time ...
Ha! I thought it was pretty common knowledge (I know I posted it somewhere before) but I came up with the AltID of Sharklad thing.

At the time it was a running gag (especially in the eGroups chat room) that whenever someone odd popped up that it was probably just another AltID of Sharky, since he seemed to have quite a few. I registered Alternate ID of Sharklad and made a few posts with it. Sharky seemed a bit annoyed by it, so I figured why not really bust his balls and bring a few more people in on the joke. I "drafted" Lardlad and Lash, sending them the password, and for a week or so all three of us were posting as AltID of Sharklad. I don't know if Lash or Lardy ever gave the password to anyone else, but I know those two were involved.

Unfortunately, before we could really get to into it, Sharky took a leave of absence from posting and it all kind of came to an end, but it was fun while it lasted!

#735449 08/16/04 12:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Speaking of Alt ID's, does anybody remember Lex Bose? If I'm not mistaken Lex Bose was one of the first, if not the first LMB male-as-female Alt ID's. Lex Bose was a sweet southern belle who hung around for awhile on the Legionnaires board and swapped recipies with Beagz. Eventually, of course, we found out that Lex Bose was Beagz and that the name came from the printer and speakers (Lexmark and Bose, of course) that Beagz had on his computer.

#735450 08/16/04 12:51 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Great to hear your comments, Lou!

You'll see as the thread goes on that a few of the kinks get worked out. It's great to hear from you, since you were one *thee* most prominent posters for the first year and a half.

I think we've worked out the founders to be this: Lardy, Lash, Shady, Tsarin, myself, Goon Boy, BBC and Lev. Then Crusader (Newcru) and Grey Birdboy joined in the very next mission, and then Beagle Boy and Rhino in the one right after that. This is the 'original' roster, withh Loser Lad being the first new member through the LMB Academy.

Those are the first 13 members. Engine Joe did eventually appear as "Son of the Eagle" for a brief period and gained LMB membership (it was very brief). I see him as Superboy/RJ Brande myself, a type of combination of the two.

LLance only had one post, (he would have been the 8th member), so he's kind of like a Legion traitor during the Adventure era with only one appearance. I count all the people with only one post to be "Honorary Members" and not official LMB members, since they really weren't a part of the team. So I'd give him Honorary Status, although he still counts as a 'Super-Traitor'.

There are a few more people who only posted once, and I see them also as 'Honorary Members'. (I've reread the original thread at least five times in the last year from your Archives).

It's great to hear your memories, Lou! Especially in the era that I stopped posting a lot (end of year 1, beginning of year 2).

And I'm dying to see those missing threads someday, I'm sure there's loads of stuff on them that we've all forgotten.

Post more!

#735451 08/16/04 12:58 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I had forgotten all about Lex Bose!

I'm positive that the first alt ID was Space Tart. She was originally created by me (although unamed), named by you, and then made an alt ID by Lash, who really gave her a personality (which was in the thread "Cobalt Kid is a Cad!").

Other alt ID's to follow were Lex Bose, Foxy Roxy (Cru), Psychotic Beaver and Sharky's others, and who knows who else. I never knew Beagz was Lex Bose or that you were Alt ID of Sharklad (or that Lash or Lardy were either)! What other ones were there? Cookie Montress? Tao Damsel?

I remember Lardy creating the HugeManbreats after our 'invasion' of the Wizard World Forum. What was your name there? I remember me being Kitty Pride's Panties, and Newcru being 'Cru, but I don't remember much else besides that. Lardy ended up using them all as a badguy team in his Onevision.

And like you said, Princess Crujectra came later in year two, when Furball, Lashwire, Loser Snake and others were all rebooted for a week. Afterwards, Cru had Crujeckie inserted into LMB continuity as his sister, who then met up with and officially joined the LMB.

#735452 08/16/04 01:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And Lardy has always had a dark side. Perhaps this is why certain LMBers that have maintained their inner goodness (i.e. Loser, Cobalt, Roo, etc.) have always gravitated to him, to help him maintain his good side and to be around a friend who has let go a bit...
I have "inner goodness"?!? Is that anything like a soft nougat center?

#735453 08/16/04 01:06 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
[b] More parts of Year One:

-more members joined like Kbern Kid, Armsfalloffboy, and others
Kbern Kid would go on to found the short-lived Legion of Substitute Message Board Posters! Eventually he go lonely in that big dark cave all by himself, so we let him move into the Headquarters and become a real LMBer!!![/b]
Kbern Kid also had the ongoing story of falling in love with Gonnorhoea Gary, and then getting him a cure from Dr. Gym'll. I like to think that when he stopped posting (circa end of Year 1 in continuity), he and his Gary settled down, and he's been retired ever since.

#735454 08/16/04 01:08 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
[b] And Lardy has always had a dark side. Perhaps this is why certain LMBers that have maintained their inner goodness (i.e. Loser, Cobalt, Roo, etc.) have always gravitated to him, to help him maintain his good side and to be around a friend who has let go a bit...
I have "inner goodness"?!? Is that anything like a soft nougat center?[/b]
You're a big softy! Admit it!

#735455 08/16/04 01:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I thought Cookie Monstress was for real. Was she somebody's Alt ID?!?

My Wizard World ID was Brainiac 69. Eventually I ended up bringing him over to the DCMBs as an official LMB Alt ID. The whole deal with the Wizard World Road Trip was to all post there under new ID's, stir up some shit (which Lardy and I did pretty well smile ) and make a big guessing game out of who was who among the LMBers posting there.

Lardy as HUGEMANBREASTS started up the Homoerotic X-Men thread and he and I got into it with a bunch of the regulars there about how the X-Men were all secretly gay. I remeber sending one Wizard World regular named Baby Boo-ya off the deep end on that thread!

Anyhow, as far as the guessing game was concerned, HUGEMANBREASTS was obviously Lardy, so I decided to call him on it pretty early on, but ended up outing myself as B69 in the process. I created a hotmail address to use to register B69 at Wizard World, and when I used that email addy to email Lardy and "bust" HUGEMANBREASTS I didn't realize that it would include my real name in the sender's address (I was so young and dumb then...). Anyhow, I had inadvertantly let the cat out of the bag and gave away my own Wizard Board ID to Lardy.

#735456 08/16/04 01:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You're a big softy! Admit it!
I admit NOTHING... mad

#735457 08/16/04 01:19 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I thought Cookie Monstress was real also. I remember how sad she was when Monstress was killed off.

#735458 08/16/04 01:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
BTW, I was also Loser Snake (as has been mentioned before), Brainiac 69, Alternate ID of Sharklad, The Election Tyrant and Jo Nah's Jock during my time at the DCMB's.

I think that was all of the Alt ID's I used there.

I was also Monkey Boy during a brief stay on Athanon, which IIRC kept Lash guessing for a little bit.

#735459 08/16/04 01:37 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Jo Nah's Jock is a surprise to me!

Cookie Monstress was probably real then. Both her and Tao Damsel posted a lot during my first brief absence, and I wasn't sure if either were alt ID's at first.

I never realized you had so many alt ID's, Lou! I only had Dark Conan and The Pious One myself for awhile, before I registered Dr. Albert Hoffman (the guy who accidently created LSD) and Man in Shadows a few years later. I know Lash had at least ten or more!

#735460 08/16/04 01:38 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Oh, I should have added that I only considered Cookie Monstress a potential alt ID, b/c the only female posters I could recall on the Legion boards back then were Shady and Sk8 Maven, with Carrina Winters (if she really as a girl) coming later.

#735461 08/16/04 01:40 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I also remember Terrence and Mart telling us they had about 16, yes 16, alt ID's each on the Wonder Woman boards!

Leeta87 is one of them that I remember off hand.

#735462 08/16/04 01:44 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I wish 'maven would come back some time. She's a hoot. There was another putatively female poster back in the day but I can't remember the name. She had a quote from a group called the dB's in her sig at the DCMB's but apparently left in a huff over something or other. I don't know if she was ever considered an LMBPer though. Anyone else know who I'm talking about? She was from England.

#735463 08/16/04 01:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm pretty sure Carrina was a girl, but I'm almost positive her "husband" wasn't real.

I think I only posted as Jo Nah's jock a couple of times. Someone else (Lash, perhaps) had been posting as Saturn Girl's Boobs, so I created Jo Nah's Jock as a counterpoint.

I actually didn't have that many Alt ID's. Loser Snake was a retcon, so everyone knew it was me. By the time Brainiac 69 came to the DCMB's it was after the Wizard World trip, so that secret was revealed there. The Election Tyrant was public knowledge, springing up from the LMB Elections at the eGroup/Yahoo Group. Really the only two that were legit Alt ID's were Alt ID of Sharklad and Jo Nah's Jock, and neither of them lasted that long.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,253
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
saturnrings
saturnrings
durham, nc
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star