Roll Call
0 members (), 43 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 11:36 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: Alternate Legionairies
Omni #763719 02/12/13 05:59 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Loving this Legion family even more! Thank you for expanding on these characters!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #763722 02/12/13 06:29 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Definitely love Star Beetle. He reminds of some old Golden Age bug-related heroes who had 'the proportional strength of 1000 ants' or whatever crazyness was called for to justify them being so incredibly strong.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Omni #763737 02/12/13 08:43 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Tell-Us was born on The planet,Vygra where the dominant race is a race of insectoid beings that were about 3 ft tall and 5 ft long and that have beak for mouths. But they weren't the only sentient life form on Vygra. There is a small mosquito like insect that lives there as well known as Tell-Us.

Tell-Us is the keeper of secrets on Vygra, sharing a hive mind there are several hundred clusters of Tell-Us's through out the planet. As they've been around for centuries they have witnessed much of Vygra's history. It was once believed that they were the spirits of their ancestors flying around and guiding them with their presence. It wasn't till recently that they made contact with the larger insectoide race, as they have finally learned how to communicate outside their hive mind. Now able to project their thoughts into the minds of others they can communicate with any race because once it enters the minds of a sentient it absorbs the knowledge of that sentient's language. It can be a bit disorienting at first for them to experience a mind that is so singular for the first time. But each time that they touch a new mind they gain a new experience.

They can also invite someone into their hive mind. When connected to the hive mind a sentient being experiences the world in they same way the hive does. They have a new sense of connection with the hive mind. However most beings can not sustain contact with the hive mind. If they stay within the hive mind for too long(usually more that one day), the visitor eventually starts to lose themselves in the hive.

Because of this unique experience in the hive, it has begun to become a fascination through the galaxy. Word had spread about the hive experience and people are wanting to try it; to bring a sense of clarity to their lives. Some have begun to stay on Vygra after their time in the hive and are creating a new home and cult around Tell-Us. The cult is mainly located in the northern hemisphere as its the only one with the right climate for the average sentient. due to the number of intrusions from singular minds, the hive mind in the northern hemisphere has begun to change and become someone disconnected from the rest of the hive mind across the rest of the planet. the northern hemisphere mind has become more expanded outside their home world. Tell-Us had begun to think about sending some delegates out to the winds of the universe to explore. The chosen of the Tell-Us became known as Tellus to help distinguish itself from those on the planet when it told the hive's history to the rest of the galaxy.

Tellus decided that it would have three sentient beings part of its hive to help them navigate the outside world better.
Each sentient takes turns rotating their time with the hive mind, as to not be absorbed into the hive and become a lifeless puppet.

Each different Tellus "avatar", as they've become to be called, brings something different to the hive when joined. Allowing the hive to experience some forms of emotion to a greater extent.

Avatar Yellow is from Sklar, a reformed mercenary who still has some violet tendencies. when she's in the hive. She is the one whose more adventurous and willing to fight in battle.

The Blue Avatar is from Sorcerer's world a monk originally from Steeple studying in magic made his way to Vygra to enlighten himself and allow his magic to flow freely. He's the more philosophical and calm one. usually the diplomatic force for the hive.

Lastly the Green Avatar is from Vygra and is of the larger insectoid race. The hive wanted a sense of stability and reminders of home while exploring the galaxy.

Being connected to the hive doesn't give them any extraordinary powers. But they are protected by the swarm of the Tellus. since they have mosquitoe like bodies they do posses the wings and the stingers of a misquote. When stung by one of the hive their target instantly becomes incapacitated with body numbing tranquilizer.

Also those bitten by the misquote's can become a puppet of the hive and the hive can tap into their experience, using them as a spy and control them to a limited extent.

The hive in desperate times can also give a psychic shout. although this tactic takes a lot out of the hive and they may need a lot of rest after.

Even though the hive doesn't give them any extra powers the Blue Avatar had bestowed upon his fellow avatars two spells, one that allows instantaneous teleporation and one that gives them levitation and a slight telekinetic aura to protect them. The telekinetic aura can only be used sparingly.

Finding its way to Earth, Tellus encountered the Legion.. learning of their mission the hive applied for membership. But at the time the Legion declined the hives membership and recommended that the hive enroll in the academy.

The Yellow Avatar was furious at this decision and took control of the hive. Attacking the Legion. She used the hive's psychic link to shut down the other two avatars and forced them to be puppets for her, allowing her to access the Blue Avatar's magical powers.

The legion took her on as best as they could. But had a very hard time, till finally Saturn Girl broke thru to the hive mind and learned that the Yellow Avatar would soon be consumed by the hive if she stayed connected for one more hour. The legion did its best to occupy her in battle. But half being paralyzed by the misquote bites. Senor Girl used her illusions to fool the hive mind for the last five minuets of the battle. Lost in an illusion of winning the epic battle. But as she roared into the sky her mind slowly slipped farther and farther from being the dominant personality in the hive. Tellus slowly regained control as the Yellow Avatar fell to the ground with a thud, her eyes devoid of color leaving a white pupils.

the other two avatars awoke to feeling rather dazed. they each needed medical attention as well as some psychic therapy from being trapped by the Yellow Avatar. Using the time to recover and relax the two avatar's stayed at Legion Headquarters.

Saturn Girl still recommended that they enter the academy and that if they wouldn't mind if they helped the hive choose its third avatar when it was ready to choose another. The hive agreed that might be for the best and entered the academy shortly after.

Last edited by Omni; 02/14/13 08:33 PM.

Omni #763741 02/12/13 08:59 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally Posted by Omni
I'm glad you liked it Raz!

I haven't seen too many of the Legion have someone like that except Lighting Lad really, so i thought it be nice to give someone else one and your Persuader gave me the inspiration.
SO thank you for that!!!

Sorry raz, I mistyped before and it wasn't your Persuader but Set's. So i need to give credit where credit is due. thank you Set for your Persuader, because it really inspired me!

Omni #763897 02/14/13 08:41 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Omni-

Your Tell-Us Avatars at the Legion Academy ought to be called TRIAD!

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Omni #763911 02/15/13 01:18 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
The Tell-Us hive mind is interesting!

I remember reading a sci-fi story about first contact with a planetary hive mind in which the hive mind, having never encountered any species that was not part of it's own hive mind, dissected a few of the landing party, not knowing that they weren't merely appendages of some vast fellow hive-mind from another world, and were in fact single-body sentients! It was mortified to discover otherwise...

Presumably this hive mind only discovered the '24 hour rule' after it had fully assimilated a few visitors into the hive mind permanantly, and couldn't 'release' them. Oopsy!

(Makes you wonder how people learn about these limits. How exactly did X-Bomb Betty know she had a power that she could only use once? It's not like she could test it... How did Sienna Blaze figure out that using her power could blow up the planet? How did Flashback know that if one of his dupes died, that he would die? Silly comic book people!)

Klar Ken T5477 #763937 02/15/13 11:26 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
Omni-

Your Tell-Us Avatars at the Legion Academy ought to be called TRIAD!

you know good point Klar Ken! I like that.

But remember the Avatar's just bring something extra. Only the Yellow one went crazy and tried to control it. the rest haven't ever tried to take control of the hive or vice versa. They have a very symbiotic relationship. but I like your idea, so it be awesome to take that on if you don't mind??

Yeah Set, that is exactly how they found out. they tried a couple times to sustain contact for longer than a day and they were lost to the hive mind.

Also didn't X-Bomb Betty, get told by who created her, that she could only use it once???

Last edited by Omni; 02/15/13 11:30 AM.

Omni #764843 03/02/13 10:08 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
DAWNSTAR claims to be the first sentient being born in this universe. Standing almost nine feet tall, it is a slender androgynous being with shimmering golden skin. Dawnstar is possessed of enormous intellect, and an eidetic memory. Dawnstar has literally seen entire star systems live and die, and feels that each and every being in the universe was born with a purpose and is worthy of respect.

Dawnstar subsists directly on the electromagnetic energy emitted by stars, having no need for food, water or air. Dawnstar is also immune from the effects of temperature and radiation.

Dawnstar possesses inherent knowledge of the genetic structure of all living beings, and is always fascinated to come across new lifeforms (something which hasn't happened for many millenia). Dawnstar also has a form of telepathy which enables flawless communication with any species capable of communication.

Dawnstar travels the universe engaging in random acts of altruism with technology which is so advanced as to appear like magic to many cultures. Billions of years ago, Dawnstar's activities encouraged many worlds to start cults worshipping the golden-skinned hero as a religious figure. In Dawnstar's younger days, this might even have been encouraged. Nowadays, Dawnstar tries not to be so brazen about any help offered, so as to interfere with a world's natural development as little as possible.

WILDFIRE claims to be the last sentient creature born in the universe. A non-humanoid field of crackling scarlet energy, it is compelled to consume all material in its path. Having destroyed almost everything at the end of time, Wildfire was cast millennia backwards in time by the Time Trapper in an act of self-preservation. Countless eons spent mindlessly devouring everything in its path exposed Wildfire to innumerable civilisations, and it has seen the best and worst of the spirit of living creatures.

Wildfire still finds itself compelled to destroy, but now has a respect for the many beings which populate the universe with their dreams and hopes. Wildfire now restricts its appetite where possible to lifeless matter or to beings who themselves are evil.

Omni #764983 03/05/13 11:28 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Raz I love your Dawnstar and Wildfire. Taking them to the cosmic level is something we don't see a whole lot. so great job.

and i love how the basics of their personalities seem in tack but still completely new!

this also adds another level to their romance as being the first and last beings. No wonder they can't be together.

Omni #765830 03/15/13 05:11 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
D’yan Rhys-Chapur, aka Shadow Woman was the first female Legionnaire of Earth descent, and had the power to convert her body into ‘living shadow,’ in which form she existed as a two-dimensional silhouette of herself that could move at the speed of light across any surface, and obscure the vision of those she ‘grappled’ in this state. In the fateful first Legion encounter with Mordru the Mad (as he was known at that time), her shadow form was dispersed by his magic, and her spirit cast adrift, resulting in her teammates believing her slain by his magics. It was many months later that a medium on Sorcerer’s World inadvertently contacted her near-catatonic spirit, and yet more time had passed before a way was found to reform her shadow-self, and call her spirit back into consciousness. In the interim, the Legion had gone on, admitting a new shadow-manipulator, the alien Tasmia Mallor of Talok VIII, who took the name Shadow Lass, in part to honor the shadow-manipulator who had been a member of the team before her.

At the advice of Chameleon Boy, the first Legionnaire the reformed D’yan communicated with after her mystical ‘rebirth,’ Shadow Woman joined a different Legion, a Secret Legion, along with other members who had been thought retired or lost in action, to undertake covert operations that the publically-known members of the Espionage Squad could not, while still remaining true to the spirit and letter of the Legion Code.

Who says that statue of 'Shadow Woman' Superboy saw was a future version of Shadow Lass? Perhaps it was someone else entirely!

Omni #765831 03/15/13 05:43 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Salu Digby, aka Shrinking Violet is a member of the plant-based Imskian race, with brown skin that resembles wood, and bright green ‘veins’ carrying a yellow sap criss-crossing her body. Her most striking physical trait is the long colorful petals that adorn her crown, drape down her back and cling to her chin, which normally hang flat, but can rise like a peacock’s tail in a dazzling ‘threat display’ that frames her face like a brilliant halo.

Unlike most of her species, Salu is capable of unfurling not only her colorful violet petals, but also of folding and unfolding her body dimensionally, becoming two-dimensional, and able to slice through three-dimensional matter like a laser through dermacast, or four-dimensional, with the strength and durability of a hundred men, and the ability to perceive and even move four-dimensionally ‘past’ three-dimensional obstacles.

Version three of AU Violet? Eh, why not have a dozen of them!

Omni #765928 03/17/13 04:46 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Shadow Woman as a person distinct from Shadow Lass is a clever idea! And I like the very different take on Vi as well! She would look great! smile

razsolo #765983 03/18/13 04:25 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by razsolo
Shadow Woman as a person distinct from Shadow Lass is a clever idea!

Thanks!

Shady has always been an odd one, with a sort-of prophecy (that may never have been about her at all) about becoming Shadow Woman and then dying hanging over her head, and even being flirted with (and averted) in an earlier run (written by Levitz, if I recall correctly).

With that potential, and Darkseid's prophecy of darkness, I kind of expected Shadow Lass to be involved (and not 'Imra had a second child and it was sent back in time to become Validus', that's for sure!).

Indeed, in light of her recent unpopularity because of the Earth-Man fiasco, part of me is surprised that she didn't take Sun Boy's place as 'ritual sacrifice to the god of cheap stunts for ratings.'

But, since that never happened, I'm also intrigued by the notion that there's a lot of Legion history we've never seen, such as the legendary 'first battle with Mordru,' during which entire Legionnaires that we've never seen, such as a 'Shadow Woman' or a *real* Reflecto (and even Quantum Queen?), might have been on the team, and we just never saw their adventures (and our views of the statues in the hall of fallen heroes just never happened to focus on them...).

I also liked the idea that the Legion had a female character from Earth, at some point, since all of the Legion ladies I can recall have been (totally humanoid-looking) aliens, despite several Earth-men (Sun Boy, Invisible Kids 1 & 2, Wildfire, some versions of Colossal Boy, etc.).

Originally Posted by razsolo
And I like the very different take on Vi as well! She would look great! smile

I totally wanted to A) tie in her name to more than just her originally shy personality, so making her a plant person with violet-colored petals for 'hair' handled that aspect, and B) have her powers have nothing to do with her new plant physiology. I tend to have bird people with wings and sonic abilities and cat people who have cat-powers and bug-people with bug-powers, so I'm trying to break out of that lazy habit by making a plant person whose powers have nothing to do with thorns or plant control or pheromones or absorbing sunlight to fuel her powers. Instead, she's got spatial folding powers, like a jacked-up Ron-Karr with a dash of Phantom Girl and some Ferro Lad thrown in!

Omni #766063 03/19/13 10:06 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
awesome job on both of these Set!

I like that Vi's powers aren't connected to her being plant based! really good job!

and you bring up an very interesting point about the women all being from different planets. There really hasn't ever been a female legionnaire whose from earth, in any incarnation of the Legion.

Omni #766772 03/29/13 10:20 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Once the king of Zwen, Dag Wentim was ordinary like all of his people, until the day the Green Witch came to their world. She sought help in hiding from her murderous father, The powerful wizard Lord Nemesis

King Wentim, chose to help her. He was always a kind and caring King, who tried to do the best for his people and travelers alike. When Lord Nemesis found his way to Zwen, he searched high and low, Doing his best to tear the planet apart. Finally, The Green Witch couldn't stand by and watch those who helped her suffer any longer.
She surrendered herself to her father. But King Wentim wouldn't allow her to surrender and when Lord Nemesis was about to kill his daughter by draining her of all her magic, King Wentim jumped in front of the spell blast. In that instance Lord Nemesis sapped all magic or in this case life from King Wentim's body.

Now driven to a rage the Green Witch unleashed a spell she had been saving, for she would only get one chance to use it against her father, as he would build an immunity to it once it was used on him.

She cast a spell to teleport him to another Galaxy. she prayed that was the right decision and regretted that she had no choice but to unleash her father on the pour innocent souls of another galaxy. Before she teleported him away, she was able to grab a shard of King Witemn's soul. By swapping a piece of her own soul with his. This swapping brought her close to death.

Since she wasn't able to grab his full soul, she's wasn't able to bring him fully back to life. Using his soul shard she returns the little bit of "magic" to his body.

King Wentim's body didn't move. But his mind had reanimated. The Green Witch, tried to use her magic to help solve the solution. But being that she can not return people from the dead, she could however reanimate inanimate objects. Working her magic, she changed King Wentim's body from flesh and blood to stone and thus upon completing the transformation, she used her powers to animate his body. He was now an animated Stone Man. With only parts of his soul, he had memory gaps and didn't remember much of his life. He's been returned to his teenage years in his mind.
Even though the Green Witch used her powers to animate his body, she was very weak; causing the spell to be weak as well. Only allowing him to animate his body for six hours at a time. At the end of the six hours, whatever he was doing and in whatever position he would be in, he would instantly freeze. His mind would remain active for only mere moments after this happens.

the Green Witch vowed that she would do everything in her power to defeat her father and return King Wentim's soul, no matter how long it took. Leaving that day The cursed Stone King remained alive for only 6 hours at a time. This expanded his life span greatly. Surviving to the 31st century and still in his mere teens.

The Green Witch had yet to return to Zwen to resort the King.

When recently, Lord Nemesis had returned. Finally finding his way back to Zwen, still in search of The Green Witch. Using King Wentim's soul as a beacon, to find its other half.

King Wentim had been told about what happened to him and when he saw that Lord Nemesis had returned. Even though he only had a an hour left before he'd re-petrify. Doing the only thing he could he took the fight to Lord Nemesis. Smashing his way through spell after spell, as he was a living spell.

but as he raged on he slowly began to loose steam. Suddenly a flash of green light mixed with Lighting and scrapes of metal hit Lord Nemesis before he could finish King Wentim.
As King Wentim petrified, He saw the return of The Green Witch along with The Legion of Super Heroes.
When he a woke, he thought it was 18 hours later. but in reality it was only 6 hours later.

Lying in a hospital bed, he a woke to the Legion and the Green Witch taking care of him. They had restored his soul, but The Green Witch informed him that she couldn't return him to flesh and blood because he would wither and die because his body was technically thousands of years old.

and the Green Witch revealed herself to be Kinetix aka Zoe Saugin, the great great great granddaughter of The Green Witch and this mission had been passed down in her family till the day that the Green Witch could repay her debt.

Now with a restored soul King Wentim can animate his stone body by himself. But because of all the residual magic in him from over the years in his enchanted stone body and his soul with Lord Nemesis, he has a slight resistance to magic and enchantments.
With a new leases on life being fully restored King Wentim, in soul and his mind was not restored. He was still a teenage boy. The Legion saw something special in this young man and asked him to join their ranks as Stone Boy.

Last edited by Omni; 04/25/13 07:19 PM.

Omni #768979 04/22/13 10:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy

Veilmist is a beautiful Khundian woman; who because of her beauty is underestimated by many of her race. Born with the average strength and durability of a Khundian woman. Her father who was a scientist and loved his daughter; never wanted to see her become a slave wife, so he gifted her with the ability to teleport herself and others.

Once she became of legal age to marry, she did her duty and married Firefist, a warrior hero among her people. At first things were fine. He liked her spirit and spunk. She challenged him in almost every way. She even considered herself to be his equal and he did as well. But in public, she had to be his subordinate. His property. But one day, she defied him in public. Firefist and Veilmist were in town and a man complemented Firefist on her beauty. Firefist accepted the compliment for her and then proceeded to talk about her as his property. Her breeding and her fine skills such as her ability of teleportation. Which was a secret her father had gifted her. Sharing that with him meant everything.

after the man left, Veilmist began to scold Firefist for his treachery once she thought they were out of ear shot of the town. She didn't mind that he talked about her beauty or her blade sharpening skills. But her father's gift to her was off limits. As she got in front of him, trying to stop him from walking, he struck her for fear that someone would notice. She was horrified at what he had done. he had never struck her before and she never felt like his property before. But she tried to think better of him. But after that day she started seeing a darker side to him.
Her spunk was now met with cold disdain and her spirit was met with some rage. However this didn't stop her from getting in his way in public and she disobeyed him in public when she protected the lives of some locals got in his way.

Finally after two years of this she discovered a way to escape her marriage. She discovered that if her husband were to die by the hands of another available male. But there were no available males to take on her husband. Disguising herself as a male, with some of FireFist own clothes and a the help of a body enhancer pill she took, she challenged Firefist to a battle for Veilmist hand.

The matter was brought before the people in the Khundian battle arena. During the battle Veilmist relied on her own fighting skills and ingenuity to help her best Firefist. But dodging his energy blast from his arm cannon. after a few hits she was starting to lose her speed. When unfortunately the pill she took began to wear off. Reducing her to her normal height and body type. Firefist, thought he had won the battle when his adversary began to shrink. Taking the advantage he raced over to Vielmist at super speed and began to beat her as hard as he could. Her face still hidden, he didn't realize who he was hitting. Weak and not able to move to much, Firefist aimed his energy cannon at her but in an instant she teleported herself. leaving only the cloths behind.
As Firefist went to check out his handy work, Vielmist used this opportunity to do a sneak attack on Firefist, using her dagger skills, she used two 7 inch energy blades to rip into his metal hide, causing him to thrash around as she disrupted some of his circuity. Getting thrown from him into a wall and already weak, she wasn't sure what else she could do. As Firefist saw that it was his wife, he became in raged and the crowd gasped as Veilmist stood there revealed to be a woman.

Firefist charged her and she stood in shock, unsure of what to do and too weak to do really do anything she teleported away his central power unit aka his heart. which he had done those two years ago when he first betrayed her. Falling to his death.

The counil tried to rule that she could not be free and owned to he self, as the law states that it must be a male. But Veilmist points out that she was a male when she entered into the contract, for the pill she took transformed her into a genuine male, right down to the DNA. As this was true, scientifically speaking, which they value highly in Khundian society; they allowed her to be her own property. But as their was no way for her to make a living or own property she left the Khundian Empire to the United Planets planetary alliance.

Veilmist had a hard time being accepted in the U.P. at first, as she was the only Khundian ever to seek asylum with the U.P. She didn't really find a place till she met the Legion by mistake. They were battling Flare and Caress on the second moon of Tartus V. where Veilmist had settled down in a new colony that was being settled there.

During the battle Kinetix was knocked unconscious, and Caress was about to disfigure her with her acid touch when Veilmist teleported away Kinetix. Unsure of where she went Caress began to become enraged and fighting harder with the remaining legionnaires. Jumping into battle she began to fight Caress. using he fighting skills and teleportation in tandem. saving two more Legionnaires and taking out Flare helped to earn her a place in the Legion as their first ever Khundian member.

Last edited by Omni; 04/22/13 10:57 PM.

Omni #769260 04/25/13 06:22 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
What an awesome take on Stone Boy! And I quite like Zoe as one in a line of magic users...nice one Omni! smile

Night Girl is a mystery to everyone around her. Nobody has ever seen her during daylight hours. Night Girl appears to be a soft-spoken yet charismatic young woman in a stunning gown which (much like Star Boy's costume) looks to actually be made of the starry night itself. She can teleport anywhere it is night-time and she has perfect night vision. She also has a kind of enhanced awareness that allows her to know anything which happens during night-time hours, though she needs to focus on the matter at hand to learn of it. She is not much of a fighter, but her esoteric powers more than make up for this deficiency. She is also well-versed in mythology and magical lore, though she does not really practice magic herself.

Last edited by razsolo; 04/25/13 06:23 AM.
Omni #769305 04/25/13 07:39 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks Raz! I agree i think Zoe would have gone over much better as having something like that to give her purpose in the Reboot.

Nice Night Girl. She's got that like old god feel... like a goddess being portrayed in one of those romantic 1920's black and white film feels. At least that's what I envision when I think of her visually.

Omni #769430 04/26/13 10:38 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
That's perfect actually, that's exactly what I was going for! smile

Another one I thought of today.....by the 51st century, Titanian psitech is sufficiently advanced that they have been able to create hyper-adaptive Recreational Companions as a more efficient and civilised alternative to building interpersonal relationships with each other.

Constructed from highly reactive psioplasm, these companions can be whatever their sentient owner desires them to be...they can shapeshift into any form with humanoid equivalent mass and their personality is whatever their owner wants it to be. They have an ability to process and calculate data which approximates a 10th level intellect (though this intelligence is solely devoted to anticipating and fulfilling their owner's needs), and any non-native skills can be gained via a passive mind scan. If the companion's owner wants them to be a skilled chef, the companion will parse cooking skills from everyone in a half-mile radius and then use their own prodigious intellect to combine these for best effect.

Recreational Companions are such a ubiquitous technology that any ethical considerations about their use have essentially been forgotten...and so it was that when Recreational Companion ROL-18 revolted against his enforced slavery, he was seen as being deficient and his owner sought to have him recycled. ROL-18 tried to lead a Companion uprising, but he was ultimately unsuccessful. Inspired by the superheroes of the past, ROL-18 stole a time machine and fled back 2000 years where he joined the Legion of Superheroes. While fully sentient, ROL-18 still possesses his abilities to become his subject's greatest desire...with this in mind, he has taken the code name Dream Boy.

Omni #769434 04/27/13 12:28 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Here's another updated Roster for you.

1. Monstress -Omni
2.Thunder-Omni
3.Catspaw - Quislet,Esq
4. Duo Damsel-Set
5. Chameleon Girl-Razsolo
6.Dream Girl-Omni
7.Dawnstar-Set
8.Star Boy-Set
9.Thunder-Omni
10.Tyroc
11.Sensor Girl-Invisible Brainiac
12.Colossal Boy
13.Nazgal"Sensor"-Candlelight
14.Ferro- Set
15.Silver Sorceress-Set
16.Shadow Lass- Quislet, Esq.
17.Andromeda- Omni
18.Lightning Lad/Lighting Lass- Razsolo
19.Infectious Lass- Omni
20.Gates -Invisible Brainiac
21.Kinetix- Invisible Brainiac
22.Shrinking Violet- Quislet, Esq.
23.Phantom Girl- Quislet,Esq.
24.Ultra Boy- Quislet,Esq.
25.Brain-Globe Five(Brainiac-5)-Klar Ken T5477
26.SEP/Invisible Kid-Quislet,Esq.
27.Polar Boy -Klar Ken T5477
28.Knight Girl -Klar Ken T5477
29.Chlorophyll Kid -Klar Ken T5477
30.Fire Lad -Klar Ken T5477
31.Stone Boy -Klar Ken T5477
32.Cosmic Boy -Omni
33. Ultra Boy -Lone Wolf Legionnaire.
33.Mon-el -Lone Wolf Legionnaire.
34. Star Boy -Lone Wolf Legionnaire.
35.Saturn Girl-Set
36.Comet Queen -Omni
37. Double-Header -Klar Ken T5477
38.Antennae Boy -Klar Ken T5477
39.Pork and Pineapple Pete. -Klar Ken T5477
40.Color Commentary Kid -Klar Ken T5477
41. Infectious Laugh Lass -Klar Ken T5477
42.Erg2 -Lone Wolf Legionnaire.
43.Ultragirl - Lone Wolf Legionnaire
44.Metkt son of Thrudar -Klar Ken T5477
45.Garth "magic Lighting" -Klar Ken T5477
46.Ayla "magic Lighting." -Klar Ken T5477
47.Kid Psycho - Quislet, Esq.
48.Fear Femme- Set
49.Reflecto -Set
50.Shrinking Violet -Razsolo
51.Triplicate Girl -Set
52.Cosmic Boy -Razsolo
53.Andromeda - Razsolo
54.Nightwind -Omni
55.Gol Ber aka Superboy -Klar Ken T5477
56.Tamila Hon aka Supergirl -Klar KEn T5477
57.Gear -Klar Ken T5477.
58.Echo -Razsolo
59.Life Lass -Quislet, Esq.
60.Apparition -Kalr Ken T5477
61.Element Lad -Omni
62.Bouncing Boy -Set
63.Evolvo Lad -Klar Ken T5477
64.Beast Boy -Klar Ken T5477
65.Gas Girl -Klar Ken T5477
66.Sun boy - Set
67.Block - Quislet, Esq.
68.Alchemist -Omni
69.Magno -Razsolo
70.Arm-Fall-Off-Boy --Klar Ken T5477
71.Chameleon Boy -Quislet, Esq.
72. Trinity -Lone Wolf Legionnaire.
73.Brimstone -Lone Wolf Legionnaire.
74.Light Lass - Lone Wolf Legionnaire.
75. Dreamlocke -Set
76.XS -Harbinger
77.Urk -Klar Ken T5477
78.The White Witch -Klar Ken T5477
79.the Black Witch -Klar Ken T5477

villains interlude:
1.Emerald Emperss -Set
2.the Persuader. -Set
3.Tharok, Master of Sword and Sorcery -Set
4.Validus aks Sunstone. -Set
5. Mano -Set
6.Earth-Man -Razsolo
7.Tusker -Razsolo
8.Radiation Roy -Razsolo
9.Eyeful Ethel -Razsolo
10.Storm Boy -Razsolo
11.Golden Boy -Razsolo
12.Spider Girl -Razsolo
13. The Idol of Shagrek -Klar Ken
14. Charon's Quant -Klar Ken
15.The Black Mace -Klar Ken
16. Mystelor -Klar Ken
17.Rogarth the Cursed - Klar Ken

Heroes again:
80.Magnetic Kid -Omni
81.Insect Queen _Klar Ken
82.Insect Queen II -Klar Ken
83.Star Beetle -Klar Ken
84.Imago -Klar Ken
85.Tell-us -Omni
86.Triad -Omni
87.Dawnstar -Razsolo
88.Wildfire -Razsolo
89.shadow Woman -Set
90.Shrinking Violet -Set
91.stone Boy -Omni
92.Veilmist -Omni
93.Night Girl -Razsolo
94.Dream Boy -Razsolo

We got our selves quite a Legion here.
Keep them coming!!!!

Omni #769897 05/01/13 03:39 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Digging Pol-18 Raz. he's pretty neat and i like that he can still use the name.

Its also cool to see someone with illusion powers, but with a restriction. Its a lot like Dani Moonstar in X-men, who can use peoples fear.

also its cool that traveled to the past to join the legion. It really give weight to their own legacy! Great job!

Last edited by Omni; 05/01/13 03:41 PM.

Omni #770394 05/07/13 08:15 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Hero-in-Waiting Misposted. Wrong thread. Moved to "Heroes of Other Worlds"

Replacement Hero:

V'Azza V'Ollyz is a red-skinned Bokkite Saturnian telepath who was evacuated from the schools of Titan when that moon was destroyed. Now residing on Naltor, she is continuing her studies, hoping to hone them to the point where they might someday be a valuable asset to the Legion.

V’Azza’s telepathic abilities are highly unusual, limited, and specific. She is able to cause individuals to temporarily change their minds in a very particular way. She can reverse the core loyalties and values an individual holds.

For example, a misanthrope or sociopath will suddenly become effusively charitable, gregarious, and empathetic. A loyal member of any group will become that group’s bitterest enemy, and seek to undermine and destroy it. A misogynist will espouse women’s liberation. A patriot will become an insurgent; a disestablishmentarian will become a jingoist.

Because of her ability to create artificial ‘quislings’, she has secretly taken the nom de guerre of Quislet.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 05/10/13 07:41 AM.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Omni #770480 05/08/13 09:24 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Sussa Pak, aka 'Spider Girl' has the power to create 'webs' of psychic energy that link her life-force to that of another. Originally, she could only generate a single 'strand' of this psychic webbing, and link herself to an opponent, for instance, so that any damage the villain attempted to inflict upon her would be shared with him, reducing the injury to herself, and causing the attacker pain and harm.

The 'webbing' appears initially as a white strand of energy connecting herself to her target, but quickly fades into translucence and becomes almost invisible in a matter of moments, so long as the subject remains within a hundred meters or so of her position.

Joining a team of heroes, she expanded and developed her powers, and is not capable of linking up to eight of her teammates, so that they are all psychically linked, able to communicate wordlessly, share sensory information, and, most importantly, pool their defensive abilities and overall health, so that, as long as one of her teammates is superhumanly durable or invulnerable (or capable of recovering from injury at superhuman rates), all of the linked teammates find their own injuries reduced appropriately, providing a great defensive benefit to her allies!

Omni #770525 05/10/13 07:41 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Lawrence Gannon was dying. Infected by an alien virus, his nervous system was slowly disintegrating. Despite his parents’ vast wealth (inherited from his great-grandfather, a notorious arms merchant) there seemed no cure. Even brain-re-transplantation or cloning were ruled out, for the virus had already penetrated every cell of his body, and was intimately associated with his DNA.

Lawrence knew his parents would never give up. Already he was paralyzed from the waist down, permanently confined to a hoverchair. Soon his organs would fail, and his parents would put him on full robotic life-support. Even when his brain had collapsed into an undifferentiated mass of jelly, it would be months or years before they would admit he was gone.

But despite his parents’ unshakeable denial, Lawrence had come to accept that he was dying.

But that did not mean he would leave nothing behind.

Using his parents’ vast resources, Lawrence had begun a project of his own. As far as his parents were concerned, he was only building a customized robot servant. But Lawrence had used his family’s vast resources to replicate the centuries-old research of a twentieth-century robotics genius, Doctor Will Magnus.

Lawrence was creating a Metal Man.

Already he was copying his personality and intellect into the thumb-sized responsometer. The robot would share none of his memories, but in the aspects that counted, it would be essentially a copy of himself. And it would live on, long after he was gone.

Eschewing gold, silver, iron, lead, platinum, tin, and mercury, Lawrence settled on an alloy primarily of copper and nickel: stronger than steel, although not as ductile, but highly resistant to heat and corrosion. He named his new robot after the alloy of which it was made: Monel.

Monel has the appearance of a silvery humanoid robot, the size and form of a teen-aged boy. It is able to shape-shift in the manner common to all Metal Men. As long as its responsometer is undamaged, it is virtually immune to permanent harm. It does backup the files on its responsometer to a private computer in its quarters weekly, so that even in the unlikely event it is completely destroyed, it could be rebuilt again, lacking only a few days’ memories. It is capable of experiencing the full range of human emotions, and maintains the personality of the late Lawrence Gannon. It also shares his intelligence, and he was quite bright for a Terran.

After Lawrence Gannon slipped into a permanent coma, Monel was free to pursue the ambition both he and it had shared: membership in the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 05/10/13 08:16 AM.

Omni #770526 05/10/13 07:43 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Gotham City, Chinatown, 1924: The family having just gone out to dinner, District Attorney Pete Robinson is about to enter his car, his wife safe in the passenger’s seat, his daughter in the back. He is approached by two men in expensive suits. One offers him a large package.

Thug: “Mr. Robinson, I have a message for you. Take the money, and do your job.”
Robinson: I am doing my job, and you can relay that message to Mr…”
The second thug draws and evil-looking pistol, and shoots first Mrs. Robinson, and then Mr. Robinson. Suddenly, the gun is knocked from his hand as their ten-year-old daughter, Jacqueline, throws open the car door. She begins pummeling both thugs mercilessly, tears streaming from her eyes. A hoarse scream fills the air.

The second thug slaps her indifferently, sending her flying backwards, hitting her head on the car with a sickening thud. She slides limply to the ground. Blood pools from the wound at back of her head, flowing under the Robinson’s parked car, and into the gutter.

She awakens in a dark, incense-filled room.

“You stink of the desire for vengeance,” a voice calls to her. A very small, very old man stands in the doorway. “You have so many opportunities before you. Do not let your anger and hatred close them off for you.”

“Who are you?” Jacqueline asks. “Are you… Chinese?”

“Tibetan. I don’t suppose you know the difference. It is of little consequence. Your parents are gone, but you may yet do great things. You are intelligent, talented, and as your mother’s sole heir, you have the opportunity to do much good in the world.”

“How do you know so much about me? Are you a… wizard?”

“I am a restaurateur. Your father dines here frequently. He is a well-known public figure. His biography is in the newspapers for all to see. Your mother is equally as prominent, if not moreso. One with such a birthright is not free from great expectations, even if you have suffered tragedy. Swallow your anger, and turn your heart outward. You could find great satisfaction and fulfillment in philanthropy.”

A bell rings as the distant restaurant door opens. The old man removes himself to answer it. Jacqueline is left alone in the darkness.

“I will become a dreaded creature of the night,” she whispers. “I will bring harsh justice, I will have vengeance, I will be feared among…”

The old man returns. “If you cannot give up your desire for vengeance, could become an F.B.I. agent like the one who was just here looking for you,” he suggests. “Or, you could become a political reformer, fighting the graft and corruption which allows such evil to flourish. You could become a great educator, bringing light to darkened minds.”

The old man considers her again. He writes something down on a piece of paper.

“Go home,” he advises. “Do not trust the police. An F.B.I. agent will eventually call at your home. Go with him, and do what is necessary. When you have finished taking care of your public responsibility to your parents, find your way to the place I have written on this scrap of paper. They will help you develop the skills you will need to slake your thirst for… vengeance.”

Days later, Jacqueline unfolds the paper. On it is written two words. Nanda Parbat.

She is a young woman of fifteen before she finds her way to the hidden city. Most of her inheritance has evaporated.

She becomes an avid student of the martial arts. She wishes to learn everything, to master everything. Weapons in combat. “Empty hand.” Acrobatics. Moving silent and invisible. Powders and potions. Mediation to master, control and heal the body. There is always more to learn. Always, she studies until she surpasses her teachers. At last, there is no more to learn. She leaves the mountain city.

It is the 31st century.

She is still a young woman of fifteen.

The men who killed her parents are long dead, and their children, and grand-children for generations. But is there still evil in the world? Yes. Are there those who fight against that evil? She hears the name of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

She takes as her name the first title she ever earned: Karateka, master of karate. Everyone ends up calling her the Karate Kid.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Can it be that no one has yet done Timber Wolf, or Matter-Eater Lad?

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,257
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden