Roll Call
0 members (), 5 Murran Spies, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 03:36 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 03:13 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 03:13 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Gaseous Lad - 05/19/24 02:55 PM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
Re: Re-Reading the Legion: Archives #1
Eryk Davis Ester #768148 04/14/13 09:35 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
^Why didn't I think of that? laugh

But then, there's always Ferro Pharaoh!

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
Eryk Davis Ester #768149 04/14/13 09:41 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
^^Brilliant!

He Who Wanders #768151 04/14/13 09:54 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally Posted by He Who Wanders
But then, there's always Ferro Pharaoh!

If you start going that road, what next - Karate Khedive? Magnetic Marchioness? Shadow Sultana?!

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Eryk Davis Ester #768152 04/14/13 10:07 PM
Why not? We can up the ante to Dream Deity, Phantom Goddess, and Ultra Messiah!

Eryk Davis Ester #768160 04/15/13 12:22 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Brilliance all around! Ferro Pharoh *must* be Doug Nolan!

Matter-Eater Marquis also cracks me up!

Eryk Davis Ester #768161 04/15/13 01:32 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Chief Dawnstar and Wildsquire?

The Founders, Cosmic Count, Saturn Sovereign and Lightning Landgrave?

Funky!

Gates, of course, would have none of this elitist class-based hierarchical nonsense. Citizen Gates, or Comrade Gates, at best.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Eryk Davis Ester #768163 04/15/13 04:47 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Whizzy the Warlord?

Action #287 Supergirl's Greatest Challenge

It must be the standard pattern: begin in Midville (or Smallville), move on to the future, then wrap it up in Midville.

Supergirl's adopted now; I must have read that story back in the day, but don't remember it. Did she tell the Danvers before or after the adoption that she was Supergirl? Did she have to get Superman's secret permission to be adopted?

There were lots of cross-time signalling devices back then. Now (with the Johnsboot) Legionnaires go in person or send a robot with a message. Blame it on the Time Trapper or the U.P.'s interfering time travel legislation.

Whizzy must have been a response to popularity of the Super-Pets story, until they just decided to have the Pets themselves time-travel. I love how Mooney draws cats - they look funny and perpetually surprised. It's strange that Whizzy was never used again.

We have a return of the flying purple dinosaur jets seen previously in Supergirl's Three Girlfriends story. If I were drawing a Legion story today, I'd throw these in just to acknowledge their spacey wonderfulness.

More imposters. I wonder if these are Durlans (maybe another clan than Cham's) or from an entirely different race.

In my mind, the Museum of Forbidden Weapons became the arsenal that Levitz used recently to house the Persuader's axe. Lots of untold history between then and now.

Too bad Supergirl didn't encounter Mon-el in the Phantom Zone.

That little panel with Sun Boy by the spaceship gave me pause. When did he acquire the reputation as the best pilot?
She

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Eryk Davis Ester #768170 04/15/13 08:52 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
"Supergirl's Greatest Challenge!" Another nifty Supergirl / LSH story, though to be honest what I usual remember about this one is Whizzy, the 4th most powerful character ever invented in the DCU, somewhere near the Spectre and Darkseid. As with all Supergirl stories, I love that Jim Mooney art!

I note Ethel has a classic early 60's short hair look a la Rizzo from Grease.

Lois knows Supergirl! And Linda's parents! So the world knows her and she's been adopted--a clear indication we've entered phase #2 of the Silver Age Superman family, which goes along with the Legion getting their own adventures.

And here we go! The first LSH adventure in the future that isn't a tryout (not counting Star Boy). Mars City! A beautiful short skirted woman with her son--if only Dean Lee were here to comment on the bystanders too!

I note Cos is still subtly shown as the leader.

Chuck is a confirmed Legionnaire, as the wide use of a lot of Legionnaires Ex mentioned previously continues. That's how the Legion starts to just explode.

The Positive Man is ferocious! He just killed a whole planet! He's like Galactus meets Krona!

Good thing the Legionnaires use their powers so willy nilly to discover they lost them. I wonder how often Imra commands a toad to jump?

And now...Whizzy the Super Cat! Powers of a Silver Age Kryptonian! Telepathy! 9 lives! The innate cunning and insight of a cat! If only the Monitor recruited her for the Crisis, she could have wrapped things up before Pariah even peed his pants!

Hm. Selling android "men". Yeah. I know what those are for. I'll leave it at that. Ps - nice hottie mom and funny little dude.

The tree men of Arbo! I wonder if they're drunk here? Aw, who am I kidding, of course they are.

And what is this a crime wave? Didn't that masked guy used to battle the Red Bee.

Seems as if Dirk can def affect temperature by this story. But with a different creative team, it could easily have been due to another mix-up.

I wonder if the chameleon aliens plot twist is because Siegel couldn't figure out how Supergirl could restore their powers?

All in all a pretty terrific story! Lots of creativity, quite a lot in plot from start to finish and Supergirl strutting her stuff. Well done.

Eryk Davis Ester #768171 04/15/13 09:55 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Action 287

Note the splash page: "Can she defeat an immaterial, living diabolical force being?" Looks like that settles the issue of whether the Positive Man is considering living.

Superman... more popular than Elvis?

I wonder if Superman has a bunch of raincoats with his insignia on the back ready to hand out as gifts to deserving teenagers?

Nice of Lois to put in a personal appearance!

Jeepers! Linda isn't any better at picking places to put her secret entrances than she is at picking places to put her hollow tree!

Mars City! 3D TV sets! The Legionnaires return to the Arena from the last Supergirl story! Pictures projected into her pineal gland!

The Positive Man is totally a Sun-Eater level threat! Poor Negative Creature! This whole story should somehow be tied into Wildfire's origin.

You've got to love the fact that Kara isn't at all surprised that "Streaky" is sapient, only that he is now telepathic!

I love the Android Factory scene so much. I wonder if Lon Duryal is the same as the "Android Master" later killed by Computo? I wonder if the mom with twins is Winathian? I absolutely love the short dude looking for a pilot for his space-yacht! I'd be annoyed at those kids and their bubble-tubes as well!

And what could be more awesome than robots stealing androids? (Well, maybe brains-in-jars employing robots to steal androids, but I digress...)

Wait... the beginnings of a new Tree-Men of Arbro theory! Perhaps they aren't drunkards at all, but addicted to whatever crazy space-chemicals this dude is giving them as replacement for chlorophyll!

So... uh... what exactly did those crazy Chameleon Men plan to do after they took over for the Legionnaires? Anyway, you'd think they'd have fit Chameleon Boy into this story somehow. He's briefly seen on pg. 5.

Oh well, Whizzy saves the day! With help from Lon Duryal! And the globe from the Mars City exhibition!

Another fun story! With plenty a groovy retrofuture stuff!

Fat Cramer #768172 04/15/13 10:05 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
Whizzy the Warlord?

Action #287 Supergirl's Greatest Challenge

Supergirl's adopted now; I must have read that story back in the day, but don't remember it. Did she tell the Danvers before or after the adoption that she was Supergirl? Did she have to get Superman's secret permission to be adopted?

As I recall, she doesn't reveal herself until after the adoption, when she has to save the life of her adopted parents. These stories are definitely putting me in the mood to do a Supergirl re-read, however!

More imposters. I wonder if these are Durlans (maybe another clan than Cham's) or from an entirely different race.

I believe they are later shown as another tribe of Durlans.

Eryk Davis Ester #768173 04/15/13 10:05 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Since the Positve Man literally kills a billion sentients in one panel, I'd say anyone who argues against destroying him utterly is a fool. As mentioned (I think by HWW), "hard and fast rules" are a dangerous thing. Laws and rules must be open for interpretation, even though that brings its own problems too.

Eryk Davis Ester #768174 04/15/13 10:09 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I wonder what made either Seigel or Mooney spend so much time with Lon Duryal, the mother & twins, and the little guy? I love that scene too because its such a random, extended bit! Maybe Mooney was annoyed that morning by some kids ok the subway or something?

Eryk Davis Ester #768175 04/15/13 11:00 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
I am struck by the parallels with two Subs stories- in one, they battle plant-men from an unnamed world (Adventure 306), in another, the take on shape-shifting lizards from Zyzan (Adventure 311).

Why were there never any tree-kids of plant-kids in the Legion?

Supergirl and the Legion of Substitute Heroes? No, I don't think that would take off.

And one thing I miss in the Legion is all that "fascinatingly futuristic" random weird crap that was always showing up. Although we saw a little bit of that in 5YL; mostly reruns, though. (Blok on the Puppeteer Planetoid comes to mind.)

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Eryk Davis Ester #768183 04/15/13 12:22 PM
K
Active
Active
K
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
It was also in the Supergirl series that, as I noted earlier, Superman just casually tossed Brainiac into a shrinking ray, shrinking him into non-existence!

If Brainiac had been established as an android at this point, this falls under the Silver Age exception that androids don't count as people so it's okay to kill them.

Also, "villains falling in their own trap" is itself a longstanding Silver Age exception to heroes not being allowed to kill, even if the hero is by any sane standards responsible for the villain falling into his own trap.

Last edited by Ken Arromdee; 04/15/13 12:22 PM.
Eryk Davis Ester #768225 04/16/13 03:45 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Superman's Super-Courtship

I received the two Showcase volumes of Supergirl stories! This next Archive entry should prepare me for the bounty of imposters, boyfriends and secrets that await me in those books.

Supergirl the Meddler: Kara is inspired, after watching a TV movie about a lost love, to find a wife for her cousin Superman. This confirms my suspicion that those Hallmark movies are dangerous; all sorts of trouble will ensue as she travels through time and space to play matchmaker.

First stop: Helen of Troy, who is visiting Troy before the war broke out. Superman responds to her note to meet her there but doesn't give Helen a second look. Supergirl disrupts events, angers Helen and hightails it out of there.

Next try, after cleaning the Fortress of Solitude as Supes watches: the Adult Legion, having a Christmas Party. Target : Saturn Girl. How many years have the Legionnaires had presents for Superman and Supergirl in case they showed up at the party? Or have they been there every year, and don't remember? Then there's the fact that SuperBOY and Supergirl were in the Legion at the same time. It's reading and accepting things like this when we were children that probably explains the mess the world is in today.

It doesn't work out with Imra, since she's married, although she does seem pretty game for a super-affair.

Superman and Supergirl give the Legion an anti-gravity meteor as a gift in return and this is what is used to create their flight belts. Which somehow get retro'd into the Legion's youthful past.

There's space darts and a cool Christmas tree with floating ornaments, and plaques honouring Imra for her "exceptional intelligence and loveliness".

Then, one of the most cringe-worthy moments in comic book history: Superman admits he has the hots for his cousin, but can't marry her because it's unlawful - on KRYPTON.

An adult Supergirl look-alike from the planet Staryl looks promising and it's love at first sight, but Luma Lynai is poisoned by the Earth's yellow sun and has to return home, broken-hearted.

Back in Midvale, Supergirl tells her parents everything. Everything? Are they okayl with this simmering cousin romance?

Not one of my favourite Archive stories.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Eryk Davis Ester #768226 04/16/13 06:12 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
"Superman's Super-Courtship" is infamous for being the story that suggests the true great love for Superman would actually be his own cousin--that's how I first learned of it when I was 11 and that's how I still think of it. But beyond that amusing aspect, there is some pretty interesting stuff going on in the story.

First and foremost is Supergirl going above and beyond so her cousin first remain alone...including traveling throughout time and space! It's highlights the sheer grandeur and scope of the Silver Age while also focusing on a key aspect of Superman (he remains alone) and Supergirl (she is a good person who does good things for people). Gotta love the idea of finding a true love thousands of years away.

Also awesome is the second appearance of the Adult Legion, and this one establishing before we ever get a glimpse of any romance, that Imra and Garth will be married when they are older. It's the same trick Seigel has been using for months now (like Comet beforehand) and its effective here. Considering DC Comics were not very good at doing real tension building romance during this era, this is an effective way of making every single time Imra interacts with Garth totally heightened for the readers, as they are reading into those scenes with expectations of a romance that will result in happily ever after.

It also makes one wonder if Seigel always intended for Garth to return when he killed him in a few months, or if he simply forgot he established his later marriage? Knowing the way Seigel wrote in the Silver Age, I suspect it was the former and he always had a plan.

By the way, how drop dead gorgeous is adult Imra? My crush on her is hitting all new heights on this reread.

So the movie Linda is watching reminds me of what recently happened to two friends of mine. He waited to long! I'm actually not joking--its very sad. Some guys can't take a clue.

Check out the Danvers house on page 3. Wow, what does Fred do exactly?

Supergirl really is dreaming. Not many wives would appreciate an alien with tentacles coming for dinner.

I'm fascinated by this research Supergirl did about Helen's first visit to Troy? Did she and Supes discover another work by Homer? The story of the research must be told!

Check out the pure lust in Helen's eyes for Supes! No wonder she settled for puny Paris--no man could ever compare thereafter!

Love the random Minotaur and unicorn that are barely more than background for a few panels! Even better is Supergirl is cracking jokes like Sly Stallone in the 80's as she takes them down.

Supergirl not slaying the fallen warrior by blowing Helen's hand with super breath is a perfect example of the non-violent ingenious way of solving problems in the Superman comics in the Silver Age.

Tinya, the great love of my fictional life, looks great here. By body language and panel position alone, doesn't it look like Mooney intends for her and Cos to end up together?

By the way they are acting, this story and the LOSV story have a weird way of working in continuity. For Superman, this is his first trip to the Adult Legion's time. Therefore, this is probably the first time the Adult Legion has seen him since he was Superboy. Yet, he just saw the Adult Legionnaires a few months earlier. So for Supes, the stories take place in the order of publication. But for the Legion, this story probably takes place first, and they next see Clark when they rescue him a few months earlier (for him) from the LOSV.

Adult Dirk and Cham are also present, much like their counterparts in the LOSV over in Jimmy Olsen in a month or two. I think I spy Lu as well. Cham seems to be enjoying a warm beverage. I'm curious as to what it is!

"I never dreamed you'd grow up into such a spectacular beauty!". If I wasn't married, I'd totes use that line at my next high school reunion!

Luma Lynai looks to be pretty groovy! Unless of course she looks just like your cousin! I think she would have made an *awesome* nemesis for Supergirl later on, for orchestrating events that only resulted in heartbreak.

Last edited by Cobalt Kid; 04/16/13 06:19 AM.
Fat Cramer #768227 04/16/13 06:17 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Superman's Super-Courtship

Supergirl the Meddler: Kara is inspired, after watching a TV movie about a lost love, to find a wife for her cousin Superman. This confirms my suspicion that those Hallmark movies are dangerous; all sorts of trouble will ensue as she travels through time and space to play matchmaker.

Agreed! Hallmark + earnestness + over eagerness + super powers = one deadly mix!

This is probably the second weakest story in the Archive besides Adv #267.

Eryk Davis Ester #768229 04/16/13 07:15 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Superman does the reasonable thing when he discovers that Luma cannot live on Earth. He decides that he will move to Staryl. But it is Luma who insists he return to Earth: "No! Earth needs you! Go! Forget me!"

So what was her problem? There are so many super-heroes on Earth that they darken the skies like locusts. And really, isn't what she is saying the equivalent of "New York needs you. Leave me here, alone, in Jersey." I mean, Superman could have set up shop on Staryl, and returned to Earth any time he was really needed, right?

Why did she change her mind? It must have happened on her (brief) visit to Earth. Maybe she scanned the planet with super-vision, and discovered Earthlings were a bunch of barbarians, poisoning her opinion of Superman. Maybe she found out they were set up by Super-computer. Maybe she was just weirded out by the fact that she was a dead ringer for his cousin.

And I love Cupid's misogynist Silver-age rant on the splash page:

”Ha-ha! World’s mightiest man, eh? You’re invulnerable to everything except my arrows! One this arrow strikes you, Man of Steel… you’ll become a Man of Putty… and some fragile, doe-eyed damsel will twist you around her fingers easily. You’ll fall madly in love!”

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Eryk Davis Ester #768230 04/16/13 07:19 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Really good point! I can imagine Luma's disgust at humanity at first, and then the totally awakard moment when she sees Supergirl. Time to get the hell out of Dodge!

Last edited by Cobalt Kid; 04/16/13 07:20 AM.
Eryk Davis Ester #768231 04/16/13 08:31 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Action 289

Much like "Lana Lang and the Legion of Super-Heroes", the trouble in this story begins with teenage girls watching romance movies!

I find myself very curious about Superman's alien friend in Kara's dream! Is this a real alien friend that Kara is dreaming about, or is it one she made up?

Love the "Time-Traveling Log Book". I wonder if this was used in other stories?

I didn't remember much about the Helen of Troy sequence, but it's pretty lame. No way Superman would go for a chick who shows so little mercy! And that bastard Rhondous get away with his nefarious schemes! I hope Menelaus eventually chops his head off or something! Anyway, "Trojan War of Time!" averted!

Jeepers! Supes is already looking at Kara with lust when she's cleaning the Fortress!

Rainbow time-stream!

Er... thanks for the anti-grav belts, Supes, but we invented those years ago! wink

Saturn Woman honored for driving off space-monsters, as well as for her exceptional intelligence and loveliness!

Here we see the beginnings of the Saturn Girl/Lightning Lad romance, after they're already married! And the beginnings of Imra's tendency to kiss other guys!

Possibly the cattiest remark in Legion history: "Why didn't I tr to kindle a spark between Superman and Phantom Woman instead... she's probably single!"

That's one quick romance with Luma Lynai! Ah... heartbreak. Kept a part by sun-color! I love the look of Luma, however. Too bad she didn't make any more real appearances (not counting flashbacks/memories).

Cleopatra would be a horrible choice, Kara! What are you thinking!

Anyway, I like the idea of this story a lot more than the story itself. Trying to fit all three "romances" into a single tale kind of abbreviated each story. It might have been a cool ongoing series of stories where Kara tries to hook up Kal with different women.

Eryk Davis Ester #768254 04/16/13 10:53 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Speaking of which:

Special Bonus Review of Superman #152!

While the super-cousins nap, "Clark" fetches items hidden within the destroyed bodies of his comrades, and then proceeds to open the door to the Fortress to let the Robot Master in!

I find it quite funny that they can nap at a time like that tongue

Cobalt Kid #768256 04/16/13 11:00 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
Since the Positve Man literally kills a billion sentients in one panel, I'd say anyone who argues against destroying him utterly is a fool. As mentioned (I think by HWW), "hard and fast rules" are a dangerous thing. Laws and rules must be open for interpretation, even though that brings its own problems too.

Of course, the Legion did vote out Star Boy even though the law exonerated him due to self-defense. I suppose Kara could have argued that destroying the Positive Man was the only way to stop him, but I'm sure Brainiac 5 could have thought of a way to stop him without killing him!

Oh, but Brainy wouldn't do that because he loooooooooooooves Kara!

Eryk Davis Ester #768257 04/16/13 11:06 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Action 289

Rainbow time-stream!

The rainbow time-stream would make many appearances in the Postboot Legion!

I wonder if the popularity of Sun Boy, Bouncing Boy and Chameleon Boy in earlier stories is a result of the great visuals of their powers. Certainly, they're more dynamic-looking than, say, Invisible Kid or Phantom Girl or Star Boy.

Fat Cramer #768280 04/16/13 02:13 PM

Next try, after cleaning the Fortress of Solitude as Supes watches: the Adult Legion, having a Christmas Party. Target : Saturn Girl. How many years have the Legionnaires had presents for Superman and Supergirl in case they showed up at the party? Or have they been there every year, and don't remember? Then there's the fact that SuperBOY and Supergirl were in the Legion at the same time. It's reading and accepting things like this when we were children that probably explains the mess the world is in today.

laugh

Actually, we'd have a much more creative and intelligent population if everyone was required to read Legion stories and figure out continuity puzzles. smile

Then, one of the most cringe-worthy moments in comic book history: Superman admits he has the hots for his cousin, but can't marry her because it's unlawful - on KRYPTON.

I had a very different take on that scene. To me, Supes was letting Kara down gently by assuring her her efforts were appreciated. It was his way of saying, "Well, I can't marry you, so I won't marry anyone."

Of course, Kal wasn't counting on Kara using a super-computer to find a Kara lookalike on a distant world. Once Supes had committed himself to the idea of marrying someone like Kara, he had to follow through. I suspect that when he met Luma Lynai, he clued her in on what was really happening. Luma agreed to play along and fake a reason why she and Superman couldn't be together.

Not one of my favourite Archive stories.

Ironically, this has been one of my favorite early Legion stories so far (even though it's not really a Legion story). It has several good qualities:
-- The plot is more focused than most early stories, with few scenes that do not advance the story.
-- It's built upon a thoroughly relatable premise of Supergirl wanting to find a wife for her cousin.
-- Because of that, Kara is easy to identify with and root for, even though we know she will ultimately fail.
-- Economy of storytelling: Supergirl searches the past, the future, and space for a mate for her cousin, and this is all accomplished in a single story, not a 12-issue mini-series with crossovers! Furthermore, each scene develops logically from the characters' actions and reactions, so none of it feels forced (e.g., no mind control altering characters' personalities).
-- There's an educational connection to what kids that age might be studying in school (Helen of Troy).
-- Supergirl learns her lesson at the end--or does she? The ending leaves us with a hint that she might have learned a lesson, but not the one Kal perhaps wishes she'd learned.

So, from a pure story-telling perspective, this is one of the best so far!

Invisible Brainiac #768284 04/16/13 04:00 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Speaking of which:

Special Bonus Review of Superman #152!

While the super-cousins nap, "Clark" fetches items hidden within the destroyed bodies of his comrades, and then proceeds to open the door to the Fortress to let the Robot Master in!

I find it quite funny that they can nap at a time like that tongue

It's pretty bizarre within the context of the story! From a narrative perspective, the point was to distract the super-cousins long enough for the Clark robot to do his stuff, but it seems like there could've been a more plausible way to do so!

Of course, the Legion did vote out Star Boy even though the law exonerated him due to self-defense. I suppose Kara could have argued that destroying the Positive Man was the only way to stop him, but I'm sure Brainiac 5 could have thought of a way to stop him without killing him!

I was wondering if the Phantom Zone projector would've worked on him.

I suppose Kara could use the defense that technically she didn't kill the PM, but only led the Negative Creature into a position where they would destroy one another.

I wonder if the popularity of Sun Boy, Bouncing Boy and Chameleon Boy in earlier stories is a result of the great visuals of their powers. Certainly, they're more dynamic-looking than, say, Invisible Kid or Phantom Girl or Star Boy.

One would think Colossal Boy would've been popular in that case!

Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,476
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden