Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 11:36 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: JSA/JLA vs. Legion
rickshaw1 #807486 05/08/14 07:35 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Even though Gypsy is invisible, I think Lady Memory can affect her with her powers. I don't think her power limits were really established. Gypsy has a lot of traumatic past memories - death of her parents by Despero, for one.

Next:

Firestorm vs. Atmos

rickshaw1 #807514 05/09/14 09:49 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Atmos makes Firestorm looooooove him.

(Actually I don't subscribe to that interpretation of his powers)

but I think Atmos is so super strong whatever Firestorm devises to blast or cage him dosn't work long.

and Firestorm can turn intangible or invisible but that just helps him run away.

plus Atmos is pretty agile and fast.

hmmm actually I just don't like Firestorm. But I think the original Ronnie and Stein matrix could eventually come up with something to stop Atmos ... unless Atmos makes them love him. It would be a two parter in Firestorm's book.

Firestorm.

Red Tornado and Hawkman versus Gravity Kid and Power Boy

rickshaw1 #807516 05/09/14 11:03 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
btw this game just reminded me of the old show MTV Celebrity Death Match ... with the claymation figures would go after each other in uber violet ways ... haha ... but probably not a good slant for LW.net

Although it couldn't actually be any worse than the comic books these days.

Power Boy #807519 05/09/14 12:26 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I think Gravity Kid and Power Boy could easily stop Hawkman, but get blown away by Red Tornado's powers. I think Gravity Kid's powers have a more localized effect and aren't really on the scale of, say, Postboot Star Boy's. Plus Reddy is just... elemental!

Next:

Aquaman vs. Polar Boy

Originally Posted by Power Boy
btw this game just reminded me of the old show MTV Celebrity Death Match ... with the claymation figures would go after each other in uber violet ways ... haha ... but probably not a good slant for LW.net

Although it couldn't actually be any worse than the comic books these days.

Our descriptions are a lot tamer than seeing these scenes drawn on paper smile even dropping a stadium on someone's head. hehe.

rickshaw1 #807539 05/09/14 03:51 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
Let's Get It On!

Arthur's Harpoon hand streaks across the arena. Brek has been diligent in his Legion training, but he's clipped by it, drawing first blood for the Atlantean and the first scream for the audience.

Arthur curses as Brek unleashes a shower of Razor sharp shards of ice. "I hear you need water Aquadud! Have some!"

But Arthur's skin has been toughened by decades of put downs and jokes...and the ocean depths... and he leaps above the attack, and rises above the pain.

Still a little groggy from Aquaman's attack, Polar Boy tries to erect a ice shield to protect himself, but the falling Arthur smashes through it. Brek reels back as Arthur's first blow takes off his ice arm...and his flight ring.

An enraged Aquaman closes in for the kill, aiming his hook hand once again. His motion slows...slows...and stops as his molecular motion grinds to a halt. Brek stands slowly, a cruel smile forming along with his arm.

Retrieving his ring, Brek uses it to smash down on Aquaman, shattering him. "Haddock Ice Lollies for Everyone!"

"And the Winner is...Polar Boy!"

Next Bout:
The Tattooed Man vs Projectra

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
rickshaw1 #807549 05/09/14 05:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
oooo ... the Tattooed Man thinks he's got this since his holograms are physical ... he unleashes a python and a giant hawk ...

Projectra scrambles and then ... immerses the Tattooed man in a gravity less nightmare of snakes and hawks.

He craps himself. to put it lightly.

Then she rolls in and sucker punches him. He drops to his knees and instead of drop kicking him she lets him fall like a sack of meat.

Sensor Girl versus Super Girl

in a made for Brainy bout!

rickshaw1 #807555 05/09/14 06:11 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
Not like Jeckie to miss a cracking opportunity to practice her execution skills.

Let's see how she does here.

The audience are restless. They were expecting a straightforward slug fest. Instead there are time bubbles popping in and out all over the place.

It's the original Supergirl vs Sensor Girl.. But then Supergirl is replaced by Satan Girl and then an '80s Supergirl with a headband. Sensor Girl is replaced by Supergirl, then Satan Girl and then it's Jeckie behind the mask. Just what is Brainy up to?

Jeckie leaps into the attack before Brainy can replace her with Laurel Gand. Suddenly the arena is filled with the Monitor's anti-matter and the dying screams of Superboy, the Legion and Brainy. But Jeckie's made a terrible mistake. Seeing Brainy in trouble is just what gets Kara upset. Just ask Thora.

Kara uses her Super-breath to scatter the Monitors energy. Jeckie is smashed against the arena wall which in turn is ripped from the arena landing 300 yards away on top of an "End Super Hero Fights" morality protest group.

She might cover it up with an illusion, but it's all over for Sensor Girl. As she collapses there's the unmistakable "plink" of a Time Bubble. "Perhaps you can be Saturn Girl next time..."

Next Bout:
Green Lantern - Alan Scott vs Chlorophyll Kid

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
rickshaw1 #807557 05/09/14 06:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
WHAT IS WITH ALL THE CHLOROPHYLL LOVE IN THIS THREAD?

oh but, I see what you did there.

Alan better be used to fighting people that exploit his wooden weakness yet ... Chlorophyll was so damn good during the 5YG.

Chlorophyll Kid shoots a seed down Alan's throat "gulp" and explodes the old man from the insides!

sorry Alan.

Chlorophyll Kid for the win.

Karate Kid, Nemesis Kid, Princess Projectra and Ferro Lad

versus

Steel (Hank III), Vibe, Gypsy and Vixen

rickshaw1 #807564 05/09/14 08:23 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
"Divide and conquer, boys," commands Projectra. And so they do. Each of the Detroit Leaguers is trapped in an illusion of their worst fears.

Karate Kid drop-kicks Vixen before she can use an animal power. (or even if she can, hey, he's not the one trapped in an illusion).

Ferro Lad cracks Vibe's ugly shades and throws him to the ground.

Gypsy tries to turn invisible, but Projectra's illusions have her cornered. Projectra hears her whimpering, and puts her to sleep.

Nemesis Kid faces Steel, and gains the power to put enemies in stasis.

Legion for the win.

Next:

XS, Gates, Kinetix, Kid Quantum II and Thunder

vs.

Fire, Ice, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Guy Gardner

rickshaw1 #807571 05/09/14 08:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
this one is too close to home for me to call.

rickshaw1 #807579 05/09/14 09:00 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Big fan of both teams? I was wondering if my League members were a bit underpowered compared to the Legionnaires...

rickshaw1 #807583 05/09/14 09:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I am rooting for both teams.

IDK Fire is pretty fierce and Guy Gardener is really powerful and Booster was always really good with his force field when push came to shove. (he seems like a joke but he always threw down when he had to)

plus Ice was pretty awesome too occasionally.

I was thinking the JLI would kick the crap out of everyone except Kid Quantum and then it would be a stalemate.

XS takes out Blue Beetle easy but then gets stopped by Booster's force field which he promptly puts her in ... Guy checkmates Thunder and Kid Quantum for a few moments ... while Fire and Ice chuck Kinetix and Gates. (Kinetix can't deal with both Fire and Ice at the same time)

Then all four JLIers take on Thunder and Kid Quantum. It is a tough call but I think Guy takes down Thunder eventually because he is azycray and Kid Quantum stalemates the whole shebang until ...

.... Blue Beetle wakes up and ends things with a drop kick when she's not looking.

ok here's an easy one.

Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy

versus

Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman

rickshaw1 #807589 05/09/14 09:50 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I can see Kinetix and Gates doing a better job against Fire and Ice, but you're right it could go either way. (I purposely chose characters from both teams that I really like so I'd be less biased, but it's tough!)

Oh drat. The three Legion founders take Batman down easy, because. If it were just Wonder Woman and Batman the three founders could stand a chance, but with Superman there... BAM.

Next:

Let's see how some Legionnaires take on JL Europe!

Chameleon, Andromeda, Wildfire, Celeste Rockfish, Timber Wolf, Gear, XS

vs.

Elongated Man, Power Girl, Doctor Light, Captain Atom, Crimson Fox, Rocket Red, Flash

Invisible Brainiac #807650 05/10/14 06:54 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Let's see how some Legionnaires take on JL Europe!

Chameleon, Andromeda, Wildfire, Celeste Rockfish, Timber Wolf, Gear, XS

vs.

Elongated Man, Power Girl, Doctor Light, Captain Atom, Crimson Fox, Rocket Red, Flash

While Power Girl & Laurel square off, Flash & XS are just blurs coming into full view every now and then as their fight takes them around the city before anyone else has thrown the first punch.

Dr Light blinds Timber Wolf & Cham so Crimson Fox and Ralph can take them by surprise. Celeste makes the mistake of trying to zap Dr Light in retaliation, who absorbs her attacks to make herself stronger.

Gear tries to take over the Rocket Red armour, and winds up in a tech-empathy stalemate with the man inside for a while though Gear eventually comes out on top.

Wildfire and Captain Atom are the first casualties, blowing each other up high above the battlefield.

Ralph and Crimson Fox are next to fall...even with the advantage of surprise, they're not in Cham and Brin's weight class. The Flash comes back with a beaten XS (she's good but Wally has way more experience) and manages to take out Cham and Brin before a Gear-possessed Rocket Red suit ambushes the Flash.

It's only the ladies left now! Seeing how many of her team have fallen, Dr Light easily absorbs the rest of Celeste's power leaving just enough to keep her alive. Turning all that excess power on Andromeda, it's enough to help Power Girl get the upper hand! Power Girl & Dr Light together take down poor Gear with an embarrassing lack of effort. As the last two heroes standing, they claim victory for the JLE!

Superhero cat fight! Catspaw vs Catwoman vs Wildcat!

razsolo #807660 05/10/14 07:44 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Two thumbs up for recognizing just how powerful and effective Kimiyo is, raz!

Catspaw vs. Catwoman vs. Wildcat, hmmm.

Ted isn't one to sit on the sidelines, so I'm betting he and Catwoman recognize Catspaw as the biggest threat and take her down together. Then it's Wildcat vs. Catwoman. Ted's well-trained but aging, while Catwoman was trained by him, if I remember right (but has learned other fighting styles too) and is in her prime.

Catwoman squeezes past Ted, barely winning.

Let's bring in some guest starts - the Titans!

Nightwing, Donna Troy, Arsenal, Tempest, Flash, Starfire, Changeling/Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, Jericho, Kole, Danny Chase, Bumblebee, Herald, Lilith, Joker's Daughter, Hawk, Dove, Flamebird, Golden Eagle

vs.

Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Triad, Apparition, Leviathan, Brainiac 5, XS, Chameleon, Invisible Kid, Spark, Kinetix, Shrinking Violet, Ultra Boy, Element Lad, Gates, Star Boy, Umbra, Sensor, Ferro

20 vs. 20!

Invisible Brainiac #808034 05/14/14 07:37 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Aw, too tough? My money's on the Legion here. The ones included are just generally more powerful - Kinetix can stall Danny, Sensor can trap everyone in an illusion, Element Lad transmutes whatever crystal Kole creates, Ultra Boy stalemates Starfire for a while, Saturn Girl and Gates do the same to Raven, XS distracts Wally, and Brainiac 5 instructs the others to take down each remaining Titan.

Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac

Let's bring in some guest starts - the Titans!

Nightwing, Donna Troy, Arsenal, Tempest, Flash, Starfire, Changeling/Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, Jericho, Kole, Danny Chase, Bumblebee, Herald, Lilith, Joker's Daughter, Hawk, Dove, Flamebird, Golden Eagle

vs.

Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Triad, Apparition, Leviathan, Brainiac 5, XS, Chameleon, Invisible Kid, Spark, Kinetix, Shrinking Violet, Ultra Boy, Element Lad, Gates, Star Boy, Umbra, Sensor, Ferro

20 vs. 20!

OR

Green Arrow vs. Karate Kid

rickshaw1 #808078 05/15/14 08:27 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Haha I was actually just about to take on your group battle, I came to the same conclusion...some of the Titans would put up a great fight but too many of them are really just normal people or very low-powered...Triad could probably take out Lilith, Joker's Daughter and Flamebird on her own and she's probably the weakest Legionnaire there.

If Green Arrow has his trick arrows I say he'd beat Karate Kid. He'd only need to see Val catch one in mid-air or chop it in two before he changed to an electro-arrow or something with an area effect. If it's Ollie with normal arrows then I think Val would be able to deflect them long enough to get in close and finish him.

Next: Zatanna vs Element Lad!

Last edited by razsolo; 05/15/14 08:28 AM.
rickshaw1 #808081 05/15/14 08:59 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Haha! I decided to leave the Titans vs. Legion group battle open just in case, and I'm glad we both came to the same conclusion!

Zee vs. Jan? Ooh.

For all Jan's power though, Zee is just much more versatile. "odnu snoitatumsnart"! Zee can also cast her spells much quicker than, say, the White Witch could. So it really depends on who acts first, but I think Zee would be prepared with some magical shield or something.

Next:

Jakeem Thunder vs. White Witch

rickshaw1 #808104 05/15/14 04:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
oh the White Witch. The Thunderbolt falls in love with the sweet witch and runs off with her. (The bolt is benevolent anyway and Jakeem dosn't seem to me to have much control of him)

Justice League Blonde

Star Girl, Animal Man, Adam Strange, Green Arrow and Power Girl

versus

Legion Blonde

Andromeda, Saturn Girl, Element Lad, Brainiac 5 and Dream Girl (platinum!)

rickshaw1 #808133 05/15/14 06:04 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Andromeda stalemates Power Girl while Element Lad transmutes Green Arrow's, Adam Strange's and Star Girl's weapons into oxygen. Saturn Girl puts Animal Man to sleep before he can get into range. rainy uses his forcefield and Dream Girl her wicked martial arts skills to take the three now non-powered heroes down. Then everyone piles on Power Girl.

Legion wins!

Next:

Color Kid vs. Silver Age Hal Jordan

rickshaw1 #808137 05/15/14 06:16 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Hmmm....Hal did always manage to pull out some ridiculous way of getting past the yellow weakness, but aside from that he's as dumb as a pile of bricks. Color Kid on the other hand has always been very clever with his powers and I'm sure the yellow weakness is general knowledge by the 31st century so I say Color Kid whips him.

Fire Lad vs pre-genebomb Green Flame!

rickshaw1 #808156 05/15/14 09:23 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Yeah, Ulu could simply turn everything yellow tongue

Bea wins this one. Besides better control, she's a better hand to hand fighter. And she can use her feminine wiles on Staq

Next:

Night Girl vs Big Sir

rickshaw1 #808161 05/16/14 02:06 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Even if there's too much light for her to overpower him, Lydda could outwit him. Night Girl wins!

JSA Wonder Woman vs Monstress!

rickshaw1 #808162 05/16/14 02:34 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Monstress may be strong and big and tough, but Wonder Woman's a trained warrior! And a lot more graceful I think. WW wins!

Next:

Quislet vs. Firestorm

rickshaw1 #808190 05/16/14 04:13 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
Firestorm absorbs Quislet >burp<
Quislet possesses Firestorm in a weird energy merge, becaoming the dominant one in the matrix >what fun!<

Wins for Quis!

Next Bout
Chameleon Boy vs Menagerie (Justice League Elite)

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,257
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star