Roll Call
0 members (), 52 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/13/24 07:30 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 07:23 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: LSH 4 preview! ... Spoilers
#89647 03/22/05 03:52 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Lots of information in those panels. Looks like a really exciting story as things heat up!

Plus....
50-year-old hippies!

There was a "Mom bakes cookies for the Legion" scene in a past story - was it Star Boy's mother? Maybe the recipe is at the end....
I'm just wondering if there's the 31st cen. equivalent of hash in those cookies... wink lol

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#89648 03/22/05 04:42 PM
Active
Active
Nice art - would really like to get that page with Shadow Lass on it so prominently.
Okay, so I'm greedy. It's probably my best quality.

#89649 03/22/05 04:53 PM
Substitute
Substitute
People on Xanthu can't eat sugar? Wow, I'm glad I don't live there. smile

Seriously, I love all the little stuff like that to show the differences between all the various cultures.

#89650 03/23/05 12:10 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
There was a "Mom bakes cookies for the Legion" scene in a past story - was it Star Boy's mother?
Why yes it was:

[Linked Image]

#89651 03/23/05 12:22 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
smile

#89652 03/23/05 06:00 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Nice preview.

The one thing I don't get is that scene where Dirk says to Tasmia "I'm waiting for them to crack out the baby vids. Of you."

What does that mean? How would Dirk's parents have baby vids of Tasmia? Unless she's his adopted sister now or something? That would be a very interesting development if so.

Good to see Shadow Lass' skin looking a bit bluer but I really want Sun Boy's hair to go back to being red too. I made my boyfriend read the first couple of issues of this series last night and he kept getting Element Lad and Sun Boy confused. Why give two characters with exactly the same costume colour scheme the same colour hair as well - especially since one of them has already been established as having a very different hair colour? I'm sure my boo isn't the only new reader out there getting them mixed up too. Let's make it easy for them - red hair for Sun Boy please Barry!

#89653 03/23/05 07:01 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Blacula:
The one thing I don't get is that scene where Dirk says to Tasmia "I'm waiting for them to crack out the baby vids. Of you."

What does that mean? How would Dirk's parents have baby vids of Tasmia? Unless she's his adopted sister now or something? That would be a very interesting development if so.
I think Sun Boy is just referring to the fact that his mom seems to know more about his friends than he does. Kinda that whole "hey, who's mom ARE you, anyways?" I almost think Dirk might be a little jealous that his parents are giving his friends the "parent treatment"...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#89654 03/23/05 07:23 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ohhhhh OK. That makes sense. Thanks PC.

#89655 03/23/05 11:04 AM
Deputy
Deputy
"Youthres 101.72" must be some sort of anti-cookie law that makes it an act of sedition to eat a home-baked cookie. No wonder Brainy wants to take over the U.P.!

Dirk's laid-back rebel parents seem polar opposites of the cold and selfish people depicted by TMK. If he's tempted to cut or sell out, he won't have the excuse of being a neglected and unloved child this time.

#89656 03/23/05 11:20 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Kirk's pencils don't look as good as they last time he drew the Legion.

Parents visiting with cookies...I hate with passion. Infact looks very early Zero Hour reboot (which I also hated).

Sun Boy has both parents alive and his dad isn't a prick...good job. Nice to see Dirk have a happier childhood than before.

Science Police blasting in? Now we're talking! Blast those retro losers until their cool!!!

Science Police are my heroes!*cookies...blah*

#89657 03/23/05 11:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
Kirk's pencils don't look as good as they last time he drew the Legion.
The art does look a bit rushed to me too.

#89658 03/24/05 04:59 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Doublechinner, good call on the outlaw-fascist perspective. I didn't quite see it that way. smile

Makes me wonder though. Previously, it seemed like the SPs were doing their best to tolerate the Legion. But now it appears that they're actually being pro-active in quelling the kids. Things is, I do recall in Star Boy's speech to Invisible Kid that this kind of quashing happened before. I wonder what happened that drives the SPs to break the uneasy truce.

Igee The Mighty!
#89659 03/24/05 07:29 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
More preview pages. This time of the back-up story with Gibbons art. See link for new article here . I'll try and get the preview pages added to this thread.

Very interesting look at a future couple?

#89660 03/24/05 08:13 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Those back-up pages look great!

#89661 03/24/05 08:30 AM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Originally posted by Igee The Mighty:
Things is, I do recall in Star Boy's speech to Invisible Kid that this kind of quashing happened before. I wonder what happened that drives the SPs to break the uneasy truce.
And since you referenced SB's conversation with Lyle, I wonde what's going on in the plaza if the SP's are inside? As for what set them off, Lyle makes a really bad decision this issue, right?

And add my name to the list of those who loved that backup preview. I really like where this book is going.

#89662 03/24/05 08:48 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here are the pages for those who cannot get into The Pulse:

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

#89663 03/24/05 09:41 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Very cool!There are those bright colors we've been complaining about.
I see why you got the idea that they might get paired up but I don't think it's really going to happen. Nice scene though, personal moments like that add a lot.

#89664 03/24/05 09:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That last panel looks way too much like it was leading to a kiss to not lead to one. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

I love the vibrant colors but don't like the way Val is colored. He looks sunburned to me.

#89665 03/24/05 10:01 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think it's headed for a kiss on the check. Val's going to be smitten with Tinya and she's not going to reciprocate the fellings. Just my guess. laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#89666 03/24/05 10:04 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by rjbrande:
Originally posted by Igee The Mighty:
Things is, I do recall in Star Boy's speech to Invisible Kid that this kind of quashing happened before. I wonder what happened that drives the SPs to break the uneasy truce.
And since you referenced SB's conversation with Lyle, I wonde what's going on in the plaza if the SP's are inside? As for what set them off, Lyle makes a really bad decision this issue, right?
My impression was the S.P.s crashed into the Morgna home (not Legion HQ) while the kids were visiting Dirk's parents. That makes it even stranger. I suspect has something to do with the fact that Lyle's father is an S.P. officer who hates the Legion. We'll find out very soon.

Re. the backup story, I think lovelorn Val is flashing back to the only time Tinya ever touched him. Waid's Val is quite appealing (I never, ever liked KK before) and the new Tinya promises to be a much better character than the unpleasant shrew DnA depicted. Personally, I have a hard time picturing these two as a couple but I'm thrilled that PG/UB and KK/PP are no longer shackled by their previous relationships. I look forward to other unexpected romantic and friendship combinations.

Those wonderful colors just jump off the page, don't they? Kudos to Waid, Gibbons, et al.

#89667 03/24/05 11:27 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Alright, another preview, and more fascinating twists on a familiar character -- this time, Phantom Girl! She's the only Bgztli(?) who can phase into Earth's dimension. While phasing, she's partly here, partly there. It takes a lot of effort to be fully "present" on Earth, probably too much effort to be "solid" here all the time. That's pretty wild. It gives an excuse for her to hit things (that's good!) but creates a permanent separation between her the rest of the Legionnaires. This really does make her a Phantom Girl, living in a realm inaccessible to all her colleagues. Her fellow Bgztlis think she's nuts, has imaginary playmates. How does she deal with all this? Is she MORE outgoing to compensate for her incorporeality? Do other Legionnaires forget she's there? And by the way, how does she talk if she's immaterial? (I've ALWAYS wondered about that. Does she make a vocal cords solid? Does the air come in from Bgztl and come out on Earth?) Does she wander through Legion HQ and metropolis, ignoring barriers of privacy and courtesy? Once again, Waid takes a familiar power and makes in more interesting.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#89668 03/24/05 11:33 AM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Originally posted by Tromium:
My impression was the S.P.s crashed into the Morgna home (not Legion HQ) while the kids were visiting Dirk's parents.
I went back to look again, and since Dirk's first words are "We have to go now", I definitely missed the mark. All the Legion paraphenalia lead me to think they were in the HQ; puts Dirk's parents' feelings about the Legionnaires and Dirk in a whole new light for me...

And in a weird way, I like the idea that the Legion occasionally goes over and hangs out at someone's home. Dirk, Shady, Star Boy, Light Lass and Tinya - I'll throw out the obligatory "wonder if that says anything about the cliques" question. Shady certainly seems to be comfortable around and popular with everybody.

As far as the backup story, I do think the scene is leading to a real kiss, but this being the Legion the moon could explode in the next panel and ruin the mood.

Can't wait to get this issue in my hands.

#89669 03/24/05 12:14 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Next week I'm going to be so grumpy because I went ahead and looked at these previews.

Main story: Sun Boy and Shadow Lass, now that's an interesting pairing. I'm very happy to see that Dirk's parents aren't the same as preboot. I wonder how and if the Legion as outlaws plot will be resolved by the end of the issue. Star Boy is just scrumptious.

Back-up: I wonder if Phantom Girl's remark about the villain not picking on her friends was instigated by whatever sent Element Lad to the ground. I'd certainly appreciate their friendship being something to count on. And, if she can break that fellow's tooth and take him down bare-fisted she's gotta have some form of heightened strength/invulnerability. I don't give a hoot about Karate Kid or his infatuations, but it will be interesting to see Projectra free of him.

#89670 03/24/05 01:19 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Tromium:
Re. the backup story, I think lovelorn Val is flashing back to the only time Tinya ever touched him. Waid's Val is quite appealing (I never, ever liked KK before) and the new Tinya promises to be a much better character than the unpleasant shrew DnA depicted. Personally, I have a hard time picturing these two as a couple but I'm thrilled that PG/UB and KK/PP are no longer shackled by their previous relationships. I look forward to other unexpected romantic and friendship combinations.
Same here, totally. Tinya and Jo are actually my favorite comics couple, but it is refreshing. While I'll be 'rooting' for them to get together, I really like how all the Legionnaires are no longer shackled by previous relationships too!

And the story looks like it'll be another great one! Already I get the 'feeling' when I see Waid and Kitson listed as co-creators that we're in a great era.

#89671 03/24/05 02:06 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I really like the Gibbons art. Somehow it seems much livelier than the annual he did all those years ago, though I never really liked that story much anyway. I'm also glad to finally see the new Tinya get the spotlight.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,265
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Lightning Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Surge Pack
Surge Pack
Portage IN
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star