Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by thoth lad - 05/05/24 03:56 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/05/24 03:49 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 03:36 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 03:34 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added EYEFUL ETHEL & SUNSWORD 5 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:51 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:13 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:11 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 58 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 57 58
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
Quislet, Esq #904302 07/30/16 04:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I hate whenever someone orders something on the store's eBay page and then they send messages saying the book came damaged, because that stresses me out wondering if it was my fault, the mail person's fault, or something else, and then it makes me worry about coming into the store the next day and getting yelled at by my boss because of this situation.

Quislet, Esq #907316 09/02/16 03:09 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I just started playing this game, and now Disney is shutting it down across all platforms.

http://kotaku.com/disney-shutting-down-both-avengers-alliance-games-this-1786054086

I also thought this would be a great format for a Legion of Super-Heroes game.

Show me the monkey!
Quislet, Esq #907327 09/02/16 04:16 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Having boundaries with needy people is very difficult. But I am persevering.

Quislet, Esq #907614 09/03/16 11:29 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
My playstation doesn't work. Sigh. I miss playing my favorite games - the Suikoden series and Kingdom Hearts I and II.

Quislet, Esq #907674 09/04/16 01:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Assholes driving while holding the phone to their mouth looking like they are about to eat a bite of pie or a pop tart, not paying attention, and then cutting in front of a rig that is moving 80,000lbs and thinking, if they think at all, that we can stop as easily as they can.

No, you stupid fucking morons, we can't. And when we squash you like a bug because you ate up the lead space we had created to stop in, it wont be our fault, because we have CAMERAS in our trucks to capture YOUR FUCKED UP DRIVING!

Oh, and we get you on the phone and your license plate number on the camera.

Good Job.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Quislet, Esq #907687 09/04/16 04:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ooh, Ooh, traffic groans. Trucks camped in the middle lane forcing faster traffic to venturi around the artery blockage on the left and on the right. Move to the right, thank you. Entering traffic has been merging for a 100 years, they still know how to do it and the entrance isn't for 5 miles anyhow.

And GPS. People used to signal and casually change their lanes. Now, it's like emergency lane change when the nearest exit is still a mile down the road. I'm convinced it's them obeying those talking GPSes.

Quislet, Esq #907695 09/05/16 12:42 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So I wrote out four new posts for my fanfic this morning and went to post them and my flipping iPad crashed. Of course, I hadn't saved the folder so have lost about three hours work.

Vent vent vent.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Quislet, Esq #907696 09/05/16 12:56 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Big big hugs Harbi. Had that happen to me tons - a couple of times at my job too. Big hugs. Some comfort food is called for!

Quislet, Esq #907705 09/05/16 03:38 AM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Sorry to hear that, Harbi. Big hugs. hug

And I'm sure that when you re-write those chapters, they'll come out even better! nod

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Quislet, Esq #907913 09/06/16 01:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Blockade Boy, no, they don't. I deal with that every day. People do NOT know how to merge. They speed up, get beside us when we are in the right lane, and then cannot decide whether to slow down and drop behind, or gun it and run down the side strip.

And since we are automatically assumed to be guilty until we can prove otherwise, we move to the center lane FOR YOUR PROTECTION!

Some individuals MIGHT know the correct way, and act accordingly, but we can't know which ones have the sense god gave a billy goat and which ones shouldn't be allowed to brush their own teeth for choking themselves. Hence, we get in the center lane. It gives them a chance to merge with others that don't know how to drive, and us a chance to create a buffer zone from their stupidity.

Something pithy!
Quislet, Esq #907914 09/06/16 01:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Harbinger, my condolences. Happened to me more than once in the past.

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #907925 09/06/16 03:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
Blockade Boy, no, they don't. I deal with that every day. People do NOT know how to merge. They speed up, get beside us when we are in the right lane, and then cannot decide whether to slow down and drop behind, or gun it and run down the side strip.

And since we are automatically assumed to be guilty until we can prove otherwise, we move to the center lane FOR YOUR PROTECTION!

Some individuals MIGHT know the correct way, and act accordingly, but we can't know which ones have the sense god gave a billy goat and which ones shouldn't be allowed to brush their own teeth for choking themselves. Hence, we get in the center lane. It gives them a chance to merge with others that don't know how to drive, and us a chance to create a buffer zone from their stupidity.

Then let them meet Darwin.

It's not for MY protection if it's creating a more dangerous situation. Normal operating shouldn't become a meet Darwin. One of those things we could probably go round and round on I suppose but it is the venting thread, lol.

These middle lane trucks that I am talking about are camped. I'm not talking about those that are just moving to the middle in order to open an easier entrance lane then returning to the right. But even those shouldn't be changing lanes if it's cutting off traffic already on the highway. Probably everybody needs cameras in order to avoid that "presumed quilty" thing you're talking about.

I have friends in the business but don't drive myself. Flat out, they're saying those trucks camp because they like the extra space and they don't want to deal with the right lane.

My opinion, they didn't open the highways to a third lane to give truck traffic two of them. They did it to move traffic along. I respect trucks and truckers. Was raised they are the first to help when you get in trouble but when the truck is camped in the middle, cars are passing some on the left, others on the right, then the ones on the right are merging to the middle to avoid slower traffic and those on the left are merging towards the middle as they're supposed to. That's a problem because they're forced to merge blindly (due to size of truck) into the same space. From an engineering aspect, it's a clogged artery.

Another vent is the slow passer. Two trucks side by side with a half mile of empty space behind them and a seriously clogged far left of every car on the highway that had to move there in order to get by.

I'd like to see the state treat the slow passers and the middle lane camper the same way they treat cars that camp in the left lane. Ticket city baby.

Trucks, slow moving vehicles to the right. Let the mergers beware.

Quislet, Esq #907940 09/07/16 02:05 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sounds great until you realize that someone gets pancaked and killed. Then we would have to deal with "evil trucker runs over and kills innocent family and their little dog, too" stuff.

It's no fun for us, either. We get folks that think it's all about how we are jerks for actually looking out for the safety of people that do NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE.

Instead of an automatic reupment ever four or five years, people should have to take the test again to prove they know how to operate a vehicle. Most folks only see what pertains to them, we have to see everything around us. We are looking out for you when you are a quarter mile ahead, thinking about exits that will not get people in cars but are pretty much guaranteed to kill us to make sure you don't die. Cause moving at 65 miles an hour with 80,000 lbs means that when we run off the road because some vapid idiot cuts into a lane and then slams on brakes we are gonna flip, head on into dirt banks, or trees, or walls. And 80,000lbs don't stop on a dime.

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #908013 09/07/16 11:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Sounds great until you realize that someone gets pancaked and killed. Then we would have to deal with "evil trucker runs over and kills innocent family and their little dog, too" stuff.

It's no fun for us, either. We get folks that think it's all about how we are jerks for actually looking out for the safety of people that do NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE.

Instead of an automatic reupment ever four or five years, people should have to take the test again to prove they know how to operate a vehicle. Most folks only see what pertains to them, we have to see everything around us. We are looking out for you when you are a quarter mile ahead, thinking about exits that will not get people in cars but are pretty much guaranteed to kill us to make sure you don't die. Cause moving at 65 miles an hour with 80,000 lbs means that when we run off the road because some vapid idiot cuts into a lane and then slams on brakes we are gonna flip, head on into dirt banks, or trees, or walls. And 80,000lbs don't stop on a dime.

Organization and predictability prevents accidents. Chaos causes them. Trucks --> smile

There's nothng can be done about the "vapid idiot," they're nothing to make rules over and there's many driving trucks too. It might be old man memory but it seems there were fewer poor truck drivers in the day, those that cut you off, change lanes suddenly or tailgait. I don't ever recall problems with trucks in the day, you could always count on them to help you out (pre-cell phone), give you room on the road..... Now it seems rare to make a long day trip without encountering at least one that treats me as if I'm in the way and I nearly always am in the right lane going the speed limit.

Way I see it, most trucks by far see fit to stay to the right, so why are a few blocking up traffic for miles by camping in the middle? When the roads were only two lanes, trucks remained in the right and people merged just fine.

I think there's some regionality to it too. On the Ohio pike, I rarely see a truck camped in the middle. In Michigan it's tough to get away from them. Heading to Cleveland just a few weeks ago, a truck was camped in the middle. Another passed on the right while I was passing on the left. After passing, I returned to the middle lane. The truck passing on the right didn't even look and started over into the middle, got half-way into the lane before realizing and did a sudden jerk back to the right and sent his trailer swaying. Same trip one of those double trailors got hit by the wind and almost knocked me out of my lane.

In general, truck and truck caused accidents seem to be going up. I think maybe the more predictable they remain, stay in the right, stay on the cruise, the fewer the accidents. When they merge over into main traffic in the middle and left or do the slow pass, then less professional drivers (the rest of humanity) are forced to cope with situations for which they are not trained.

Quislet, Esq #908037 09/07/16 03:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey, would you two move to the right and let some faster vents pass?!?!?!

wink

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
Quislet, Esq #908049 09/07/16 05:08 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
It is so hot right now. I feel exhausted just walking to work.

Quislet, Esq #908510 09/11/16 01:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
14 hour days when they should be 9.5 to 10 at the most are startin to wear me out. I'm nearly 50 now. I get tired.

Something pithy!
Quislet, Esq #908511 09/11/16 01:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Up at 5am, finished at 9:30pm and I'm 58. I don't recommend it.

Quislet, Esq #908513 09/11/16 01:28 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'm 28, and that kind of day exhausts me too.

Quislet, Esq #908523 09/11/16 01:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm soooo far behind on a talk I have to give in Montreal this week.

Quislet, Esq #908622 09/12/16 10:36 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Spent the day shuttleing 25 miles one way three times just to get a one page fax from my doctor to the OHS to get my medical card for my CDL because someone at the damn office didn't know how to operate a freakin fax machine!

I was not happy. Carol can attest to this because I said things I never say.

Something pithy!
Quislet, Esq #910015 09/20/16 01:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I work in a department with an incompetent chair. And of course he can't hear any feedback or criticism. He just demanded I apologize because I confronted him about a mistake HE MADE that impacts my paycheck

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

Quislet, Esq #910022 09/20/16 02:20 PM
I hear you, Andy. When I worked in a county library, one of my supervisors for a few months was a full-blown psycho (being the Dr. Karla "Moonstone" Sofen wannabe that I am, I have a hunch she was bipolar but had been improperly diagnosed.) And she never took responsibility for her own mistakes and emotional outbursts and racist blurts. She. Never. Ever. Did. She also couldn't control her own flatulence. puke I'll bet that explains a lot about why I post so much about bodily functions.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
rickshaw1 #910038 09/20/16 03:40 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Bad bosses are still the number one reason why people leave their work... My sympathies, Myg and Fanfie.

Spent the day shuttleing 25 miles one way three times just to get a one page fax from my doctor to the OHS to get my medical card for my CDL because someone at the damn office didn't know how to operate a freakin fax machine!

I was not happy. Carol can attest to this because I said things I never say.

The bureaucracy is strong there... Sigh, I hate all that red tape. And the stupidity of the office for not knowing how to operate a fax machine!

Quislet, Esq #910043 09/20/16 04:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I would love to quit my job but it's been my only means of steady employment for the last eight years and going.

Page 32 of 58 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,130
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
walkwithcrowds
walkwithcrowds
Glasgow, Scotland
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star