Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 38)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Daryl
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daryl   Email Daryl         Edit/Delete Post     
After getting excited about seeing "my" Legion returning after the Lighting Legion arc - I'm now completely disappointed.

This IS supposed to be that same Legion right? If so, I feel a little cheated. This is nothing but another reboot.

I should just get over this, but the one I was looking forward to seeing the most - Wildfire - looks ridiculous.

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:

Wht is Shady even bothering to wear anything?

I don't like it. Skimpy costumes usually don't bother me, but this one gets on my nerves.
quote:

Timber Wolf's personality seems to have been borrowed from Sawyer on Lost.

Heh. I knew I liked him for a reason. [Smile] I hadn't noticed that; I'll have to reread.

It's not a bad story, but I think Shooter's issue is blowing this out of the water.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:

Wht is Shady even bothering to wear anything?

I don't like it. Skimpy costumes usually don't bother me, but this one gets on my nerves.
quote:
[qb]

Well, it's not that different from the Cockrum/Grell costume.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah the Shady costumes seems in touch with her past costume. The one that bothered me was the holes in Night Girl's costume. ugh.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Back then, she was drawn with normal proportions. Now, she and Dawny are oozing cleavage. Of the female Legionnaires in this latest issue, only Ayla looks like she's not wearing a McCauley Megabra.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
quote:
Back then, she was drawn with normal proportions. Now, she and Dawny are oozing cleavage. Of the female Legionnaires in this latest issue, only Ayla looks like she's not wearing a McCauley Megabra.
The news recently had an article on a just published study that said bra sizes are generally increasing. In a 1000 years....
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Did that survey make any comment on the correlation between increased bra size and the general proportion of body fat...?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Did that survey make any comment on the correlation between increased bra size and the general proportion of body fat...?

Or silicon?

Ayla looked like a crackhead.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Yeah the Shady costumes seems in touch with her past costume. The one that bothered me was the holes in Night Girl's costume. ugh.

That would be really cute though if the holes were colored in...and this Dawny costume looks like she should have pants (imho).

anywho..my question is, can we still call this "The Lightning Saga Legion" ? I'm not certain these two are the same Legion. Nor do the pair in 52 seem to be a part of any other Legion that we have any direct evidence for. It's gettin' kind of freaky. I'm starting to wonder what happened to the Continuity Cops. It' chaos I tell you.
Chaos!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm with Dain. I think Frank is one of the better superhero comic artists out there and yes he does have an inexplicable tendency to draw weirdly small irises on people and kind of bucky teeth but his art has depth and detail and the characters look like individuals something seriously lacking in many comics with the ubiquitous spray-painted on ,unbelievable, overly colorful and boring costumes, cookie cutter faces and silly action poses. It's mind boggling that anyone call Frank's work "ugly" but to each his own I guess... Certainly I am not bowled over by every costume he's designed here (do like Polar Boys a lot) but they are interesting, unique and actually look like clothing. Unlike say the new look for the regular Legion book. I'm excited about Action but the Legion is not doing much for me at all. I don't hate the art necessarily but it all looks flat and the anime style over simplified faces are boring. Hopefull the new artist can pull it off I've sen some oif his sketches and they aren't all that bad.
I don't know how long this run on Action will last I hope it's ongoing for a while at least, this is the Legion I grew up with (so was the "5YL" Legion but that's another thread) and they've grown up a bit and their world isn't all shiny and sterile. Lovin' it!

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaseous Lad
Harbinger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaseous Lad   Email Gaseous Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:

anywho..my question is, can we still call this "The Lightning Saga Legion" ? I'm not certain these two are the same Legion. Nor do the pair in 52 seem to be a part of any other Legion that we have any direct evidence for. It's gettin' kind of freaky. I'm starting to wonder what happened to the Continuity Cops. It' chaos I tell you.
Chaos!

I'm kinda in the same boat as you here YK. Are these the same, or was the LSL just a mechanism for handling the Flash situation?
From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I think they're the same. The characters said as much in the first issue of the Action arc.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reckless
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckless   Email reckless         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I think they're the same. The characters said as much in the first issue of the Action arc.

I've been wondering about that, too. Wasn't it just Brainy who linked the Legion to the Lightning Saga? Couldn't Brainy have learned what occurred in a different universe?

I was also very disappointed with this issue. I hate that the Lightning Saga seemed to bring back the characters from my favorite era (costumes, personalities, etc.) but this arc has completely obliterated that. I see nothing similar in the characters that appeared in both arcs. It kind of feels like Dawnstar and Timber Wolf have had personality transplants. I also am bugged by the lack of follow-through on T-Wolf's comments as he was raising his lightning wand. He said he was coming to Ayla, which suggested that she must have been killed or suffered some other negative fate, but that clearly is not the case. I just really hate that there seems to be so little connection between Lightning Saga and the current arc.

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I think Dawnstar and T-Wolf have grown. I admit I was thrown off the Brin.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
I'm confused by the ending? Why would Brainiac 5 send a time bubble back for Superman only to be a genocial dictator type when they find him on Colu? It probably is related to Kal getting networked in to what the Coluans see or something, nothing else makes sense...

Maybe it was actually the absent Cham, not Brainy.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.