Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:

Also I wonder if the Legion erases Supes' memories when he goes back to the past and brings them back when he visits the future again?

That actually is well established in Legion Lore. Although they only wiped his memry completely once that I can recall, both Supes and Kara were under a hypnotic compulsion to forget anything they learned in the 30th Centruy that could cause them to change history through that knowledge.

During the Grell era, we learned that the Legion had also hidden lots of other important details from the Super cousins, like the Legion gene (DNA) bank because they feared that the temptation to use that knowledge to "resurrect" his parents or other loved ones would be too great.

[ July 07, 2007, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Well Action #851 has a Legion related character besides Mon-El and I can't say I welcome it.

Click Here For A SpoilerDev-Em is some crazy looking villain now. Looks nothing like the Dev-Em I know and love.

I hate when DC does this. Infact, this character (or atleast his name) appeared recently in another DC work. Certainly wasn't the guy we know in either issue(52 and Action). Stop throwing these names around if you are going to make the character completely different.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... well, said character was originally Click Here For A Spoilera Kryptonian juvenile delinquent, before travelling to the 30th century and reforming, so it wouldn't surprise me if they rebooted him as a Kryptonian criminal.

Disappointing, but not surprising.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
don't forget when Click Here For A Spoiler Dev-Em was a Valor villain who blew up the moon.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Kent I didn't know that.

Also an earlier story by Dwayne McDuffie (fill-in for Geoff's late Action arc) has Superman battling a Sun-Eater. I am reading the original Sun-Eater story right now.

Same trick. The Eater blasts Superman with red sun rays. McDuffie has it do the same in the Action issue.

It seems DC is brushing up on their Legion history as well as me. Hmm, I wonder why?

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
So now that the Ligthning Saga is over - just read JLA though my comic shop missed to send me the fourth part JSA issue - I am really a little bit confused but far more excited that we got to see Brainy and Cos as well. And who was that guy/girl talking to Karate Kid at the end???

My only hope is that they will tell me in advance which issues to buy. The Legion return came as a surprise in JSA and it was pretty hard to get those back issues in Germany (at last I succeeded rather cheaply on Ebay...)

Cause I have no interest at all in buying Action comics without the Legion - I NEVER cared much for Superman - but fear I will miss something... again...

But hey - Gary Frank, that's a good news. Second best to George Perez, as good as Greg Land or Jiminez. Cool!

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Oct07/solicitations.html

Which Legion do you think he's going to visit?

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Combined threads.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Superman wearing a legion ring again after all these years. I will probably never be able to criticize his version of the legion just because him being back in legion continuity is so right to me.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. That image gave me goose bumps.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion has never seemed right to me without Kal-El in it.

Of course that's because I think of the Pre-Crisis lonely Clark who really needed friends who understood what it was like to be different as opposed to the BMOC that Clark became after Byrne got his hands on him...

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's hoping to see Dream Girl and Dawnstar again in Action Comics....*please finger crossing* and if possible, Sensor Girl.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I never really cared too much for Superboy being in the Legion, but it is kinda nice to see the Legion having an important place in SuperMAN's past. The best thing about "Lightning Saga" was just the possibilities that it offered in terms of seeing the Legion many of us loved. So far, there's been nothing to show that the pay off is going to be at all satisfying.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
good point on both accounts, Drake.

But at this point I don't mind being strung along; the Lightning Saga Legion reminds me of why I love LSH. Threeboot does not.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

BIG GEOFF NEWS! The man said it himself 18 minutes ago!

"Just for the record...

...it's the return of the originals as much as Green Lantern: Rebirth was the return of Hal Jordan

That's how I think of this arc. Rebirth for the original Legion.

Geoff"

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.