Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion Letter-Writers Spotlight: THOMAS FATSI (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Legion Letter-Writers Spotlight: THOMAS FATSI
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Questions for Tom:
  • Who were your favorite Legionnaires?
  • What other comics did you read?
  • Cosmic Boy's bustier- yea or nay?

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Visual aid:
 -

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Tom, how high does this rank up there amongst weird things that have happened to you?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Fatsi:
BTW, I just reread my post and am mortified that I used "know" where I should've used "no" in the last sentence. I'm usually much more careful. I suspect I was just overwhelmed by all the bells and whistles on this site. What can I say? The 30th century can be a scary place.

You can edit your post.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
This may well be Legion World's finest moment.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, Tom. Thanks for being such a sport about all this.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:

This is without a doubt Legion World's finest moment! You are a star Rhino!

Welcome to Legion World, Tom! [Band]

I can't believe how this worked out too - what are the chances that Rhino would have a friend who is friends with the one and only Thomas Fatsi whom we've been obsessing over these last few years!?! Miracles do happen.

And so cool of you to sign up here rather than quickly changing your name and moving house, Tom. [Wink]

More questions for the biggest name in Legion fandom -

* Is this a story you're going to be laughing about with all your friends for many years to come?
* Who were your least favourite Legionnaires?
* Do you have a favourite story?
* How excited were you when you got your letter published?
* What made you quit the Legion? And comics?
* Colossal Boy... is my favourite Legionnaire. Please say something nice about him.

Go Legion!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
ps ya'll, he's cute! [Big Grin]

Yes he is! [Cool]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:

This is without a doubt Legion World's finest moment! You are a star Rhino!

Thanks, doll!
lola rosa
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola rosa           Edit/Delete Post     
Tom, do you, on occasion, enjoy the company of a clown??
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Fatsi
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Fatsi   Email Tom Fatsi         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm back, all. I hope I don't disappoint you but comics didn't really follow me into adulthood. I tried to get back to them a couple times in my early 20's but it didn't take. Not only that, but I really wasn't much of a Legion fan. I bought it for awhile, because I bought all the DC superhero stuff at the time (and ONLY DC), but it wasn't really my favorite. That distinction was reserved for Batman (and family).

Oddly enough, I had just returned from picking up my old comics from my parents' house where they've been stored in the attic when I got Rhino's message. AND, I found that LEGION issue. Most of them are from the mid- to late '70's. But I have a few random ones from '84 & '87. I might throw some names out to you to see if you can tell me what they are and if they've survived. A lot of these characters and series I don't know.

From: New York, NY | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Tom, aside from Rhino and LW, was there any other bizarre or unusual outcome from having a letter published?

I had several published (including two in Legion comics), and the strangest thing that happened was that some guy from California tracked down my phone number, called me up in Missouri, and chatted with me for about an hour concerning my letter and my interest in comics. He was polite enough, but, after that, I started requesting that editors not publish my street address.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Fatsi
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Fatsi   Email Tom Fatsi         Edit/Delete Post     
This was the only bizarre thing that happened regarding that letter. That was the only letter that I ever wrote to a comic. I can't remember much about it. I'm sure I was thrilled at the time. I do remember specifically putting my address after my name at the bottom of the letter because that's how they were printed. I remember specifically deciding to do that.

BTW, as I said I just brought back all my comics from my parents' attic and I've just spent all day organizing them. As far as Legion goes, I've basically got a bunch of Superboy/Legion starting with #221 and going through #257, and then Legion of Super-Heroes #42 & #43.

From: New York, NY | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Fatsi:
BTW, as I said I just brought back all my comics from my parents' attic and I've just spent all day organizing them. As far as Legion goes, I've basically got a bunch of Superboy/Legion starting with #221 and going through #257, and then Legion of Super-Heroes #42 & #43.

Wow! That Superboy/LSH run you have constitutes the bulk of the stories I'm missing from my Legion collection. Weird, huh? [shrug]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:

I had several published (including two in Legion comics), and the strangest thing that happened was that some guy from California tracked down my phone number, called me up in Missouri, and chatted with me for about an hour concerning my letter and my interest in comics. He was polite enough, but, after that, I started requesting that editors not publish my street address.

I used to get letters from guys in jail who wanted pen pals. That was... awkward. I always wondered whether they knew they were writing to an adolescent/teenager or not.

[Eek!] Those were the days. [Eek!]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.