Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Supergirl and the Legion of Super-heroes #34 (spoilers) (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Supergirl and the Legion of Super-heroes #34 (spoilers)
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
guys guys guys atom girl saying body count is no more different than Superboy way back when talk about not hogging all the fun from Mon-EL and Ultra Boy when it came time to destroying cruisers of badguys...remember remember?

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
didn't those guys have space-parachutes? [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion has always been at its best when progressive artists have come onto the scene. Legion fans have, for the most part, been supportive. Yet, we somehow have the reputation of being stuck in the past and not being able to get past the Adventure days.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
didn't those guys have space-parachutes? :)

you mean super-parachutes . . . of space!
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinbalion
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinbalion   Email thinbalion         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been enjoying this run of the Legion. Its been particularly nice to see Tenzil, a few issues ago. Presonally I've been enjoying the artwork by Mr. Calero. Its certainly different and there is absolutley nothing wrong with that - in fact that is part of the reason I like it. None of the other book I'm reading, have anything similar to it. Frankly it gets tiring to always see the same thing. Story wise I feel like I'm getting so much more out of each issue - and that's enough to keep me happy for now - especially since this is only an interim run... until Shooter and Manapul. And frankly I'm very curious to see how that turns out, since I was not alive when Shooter was doing Legion before.

--------------------
Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.

From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
I thought this issue was great - the art, the characterisation, the plot and best of all - the absolutely fantastic colouring! Nathan Eyring deserves a payrise. Each panel was simply delicious!

Harbi said it best, and echoes my thoughts to a T.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Short interview with Dennis Calaro at Pulse:

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=006805

Dennis gives nice interview. He's thoughtful and candid and enthusiastic. He sends love to Legion fans for embracing his work and he wishes he could be on Legion longer. Pretty cool. Most sane artists would be running for the exit.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Great article. Thanks for the link. I'll miss Dennis when he's gone.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.