Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Supergirl and the Legion of Super-heroes #34 (spoilers) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Supergirl and the Legion of Super-heroes #34 (spoilers)
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Thumbs up:

1. I never expected to see Wildfire wearing TWO different and familiar costumes in the same story. That was a great touch.

2. Drake's origin is very close in spirit to his original debut story, and even involves a piece of agricultural (anti-agricultural) machinery run amok!

3. Shady stepping up and taking the role of diplomat -- she *does* have some class and leadership ability.

4. Brainy knowing exactly what was going to happen to Brin.

5. The cliffhanger!

6. Dennis's interiors. (Last but not least).

Thumbs down:

1. The freakish replacement cover. What was the editor thinking of?

2. Yeah, Atom Girl got on my nerves a little, but it didn't ruin the party.

Btw, "Randall" was the name of one of reboot Wildfire's personas (Randall Burroughs/Atom'X). Thank gods he's only a relative here.

The thumbnail preview on the last page gives away a little something about the 3rd mission team, but it's not an unexpected development.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gim's Bro:
Back in the day, we spent a lot of time watching Ayla trying to calm down our raging wolf - and no one seems to be upset that he's back and about to decimate the room.

Yet Vi, as a rough-rough character, is triggering a response. Interesting.

What's your point? We've seen Vi "rough-rough" before - during latter day Levitz and TMK, but callously keeping a running count of *kills* is disturbing for a team that has historically had a policy against killing (and you can't just say she has stun-guns - two of her "kills" appear to be lasering each other in half). That's a far cry from Brin raging or looking like he's about to decimate the room.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't believe for a moment any of Atom Girl's "kills" were killed. The two guys tricked into lasering each other were wearing pretty heavy armor. And I'm pretty sure the President of Lallor wouldn't have given the Legionnaires a cordial reception if any fatalities reported had been reported.

Likewise, Wildfire bombing the guards wasn't as bad as it looked or Randall wouldn't have said "Don't toy with them, Drake."

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Calero   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Calero         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys, Im going to make a general statement, whatever you feel, good or bad, write DC a letter and let them know! I'm still lurking until someone asks or says something that would be helped by a comment from me.

No one was killed in the making of this comic.

From: New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Another week before I see my copy. Anyone got a scan of the cover?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Despite Wildfire's role as an assassin here, I was heartened to see that he wasn't interested in killing anyone else and went out of his way to get the guards to retreat rather than engage directly.

And if Vi's "body count" aren't actual kills, then I have no problem. It was a bit misleading though.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The spunky Atom Girl was fun for me. I took the jumping between two guys scene to imply she wasn't killing any of her kills. That being the case, I'm guessing her guns are more like the Wasp's stings.

Shady didn't get much limelight, but that's okay, we got Wildfire. I prefer the Copiel costume to this old one; this one looks clunky. That's not a comment on the art, but the design.

I liked the art, but I'm still not grooving the dark colouring. It seems to give this book a tone that doesn't fit the the story or the series.

I'm curious to see how it wraps up tho'

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry for the delay...all sorts of computer issues tonight.

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Calero:
Hey guys, Im going to make a general statement, whatever you feel, good or bad, write DC a letter and let them know! I'm still lurking until someone asks or says something that would be helped by a comment from me.

No one was killed in the making of this comic.

write to whom? where? I'm itchin' to fire off some electrons with my thoughts about the cover change -- and I'll throw in some gratuitous praise for your and PB's fill in arc.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
DC's mailing address:

DC Comics
1700 Broadway
New York, NY 10019
U.S.A.

Attention of whoever you're sending the letter to. Mike Marts, Dan DiDio, etc.

And, remember, the letters that are civil, legible, well-organized and well-thought-out (and, especially, brief) are the ones that get attention.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Matthew E.

I guess my 14-page conspiracy-hypothesizing manifesto on the 50-year history of the Legion is not the way to go after all.

I'll stop cutting and gluing words from the newspaper and put away the crayons.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
You mean DC doesn't even have a message board or email address available to readers anymore? How lame is that?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
They might; I'm not sure.

But an actual paper letter carries more weight.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not Kolins' biggest fan. I dropped the Flash when he got on it. The only thing I like is his non superhero stuff. His Thor mini basically.

I hope they don't let him anywhere near the Legion. I know Geoff is his bud...and Geoff is tied to the Legion currently. eeek. Maybe All Star Superman but please no version of the Legion.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
And I will go ahead and ask Dennis.

They bought your cover and then changed their mind? I am guessing the old school Wildfire suit may have tilted them that way. Did you get any explanation? Thanks. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.