Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Lightning Saga Legion in Action! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah.
With so many convoluted Time Stream stories going on it makes perfect sense to have a few different versions of a futuristic super-team getting mixed up in the works. I'm lovin' it. I've always loved sci-fi super-hero stories and we're getting plenty.

I don't know why or who but somebody at DC finally discovered the wealth of material in the Legion mythos and wants to take advantage of it. I for one am all for it. We'll get some confusing things here and there but it'll all shake out.

I'm hoping for an All-Star Legion sometime late next year.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Um, anyone see the latest Action cover 859??? I kinda like it but I kinda don't. Lightning Lad looks the best by far. The others? eh. Saturn Girl looks OK...Cosmic Boy...I question. Don't hate it though...it can grow on me. His haircut on the other hand???!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Horrible!!!!

They look worse than the Giffen Legion. Lightning Lad looks effeminate and Saturn Girl looks butch. Cos looks like the evil Cosmic King.

Come to think of it -- maybe this is an updated version of the LSV. Well, we can hope!

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
You think that Kubert cover is suppossed to be the Legion of the 90's? What if the Legion continued and got mirred in all that dark/violent low quality 90's? (Cause Superman wasn't a member anymore)
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
well, from the bits of info we got about this storyline, it just could be the case...

Didn't like that cover either [Frown]

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
You think that Kubert cover is suppossed to be the Legion of the 90's? What if the Legion continued and got mirred in all that dark/violent low quality 90's? (Cause Superman wasn't a member anymore)

Actually, you have a good point - Kubert representing 90s comics (he DID do X-Men back then) in its worst, not cause he's a bad artist - he isn't - but because comic books back then mostly told lousy stories and went nowhere. I loved the good "dark and gritty" stories like Watchmen, DK returns or 5YL, but when the Image Age struck, and comic books like the Titans and X-Men tried to follow, many books went downhill.

So IF there would have been no 5YL, but a regular continuation of the Baxter series, maybe we would have gotten a Legion which would have looked like this alternate Kubert cover...

But: Gary Frank is the regular artist now on Action, so I still hope the REGULAR cover will look less like an X-Legion.

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Little bit of Legion info from the Toronto comic book convention (as per CBR... funny how thgis is a major convention and it's not covered "live")

"Dini says he will remain with “Countdown” as head writer until it ends and with “Detective Comics” until at least the end of 2008. He also answered a question from the floor regarding the three versions of the Legion of the Superheroes currently running side by side in DCU with the simple response: “Keep reading ‘Countdown.'”"

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff Johns Interview: 'Original' Legion/Lightning Saga Legion in Action
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You can see he truly sees this as the original Leigon cut off right after Crisis (probably with things explaining inconsistencies like Karate Kid still being alive).

Presumbly, Crisis itself is responsible for creating an alternate timeline going forward, much like the classic Adventure story is a possible alternate timeline (from John's POV), but I would think we would know for sure from the story.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! Villains!
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm looking forward to that story in Action Comics.

But am I being overly sensitive if I'm picking up a vibe from that article that suggests there haven't been any Legion comics at all in the last 20 years?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm, I wouldn't say it comes off as that harsh, but it does kind of leave open the question: "What about the Legion from Crisis to Zero Hour?"

So, just from perusing the John's interview and without reading the story yet, it would suggest there are these Legions:
(1.A) Classic Legion #1 - Adventure to Crisis - lost until Lightning Saga (aka "The Lightning Saga Legion")

(1.B) Classic Legion #2 - Adventure to Zero Hour - lost since Zero Hour, including SW6 Legionnaires

(2) Reboot Legion

(3) Threeboot WaK Legion

(4) Cartoon Legion

This, of course, doesn't include the alternate Adult Legion future of Adventure, the various Elseworlds Legions (i.e. Superboy's Legion), etc., but I'm just trying to figure out where DC is going with this.

PS - I find Tromium's notion that the Reboot Legion is the post-crisis/pre-IC DC Earth that eventually leads to Kingdom Come (now designated Earth-22). It kind of makes it easier to figure out.

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
PS - I find Tromium's notion that the Reboot Legion is the post-crisis/pre-IC DC Earth that eventually leads to Kingdom Come (now designated Earth-22). It kind of makes it easier to figure out.

No go (well, let me rephrase that - no-go if they're sane). Post-ZH Legion diverges from the DCU-as-we-saw-it during OWAW because of Veridium and Computo - that's essential to the whole DnA run, OWAW must happen, otherwise everything from their very first issue (Lgs #78) to Legion #25 involves Robotica in the plot (arguably Legion #32, the last time we see Babbage) falls apart. No Robotica means no distress signal to draw Cos, Monstress, Apparition and Brainiac 5.1 away from Earth when the Blight attacks. Which means XS and Saturn Girl don't get away, which means the Blight nuke the galaxy.

Robotica needs Computo, and Computo needs Veridium's responsometer and Imperiex to match that up with a mother box again. (I treat the flashforward in JSA #51 with a post-ZHalike LSH, but with Blok, an unfamiliar HQ and Adventure-era-style Mordru, as the post-ZH hypertimeline where Computo didn't get put back together, and so things unfold differently from how we saw them in LSH #0 and on)

And, of course, Wesley Dodds was killed off in JSA SF&O #1, long before OWAW, and needs to survive to the opening of Kingdom Come.

PS: "Earth-22" can't accomodate The Kingdom...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

What the SPROCK are you guys talking about??? [Confused]
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Reboot: Valiant effort, but DC has ignored greater continuity violations than that. They'll do what they want to do...

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.