Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » R.E.B.E.L.S. sales figures (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: R.E.B.E.L.S. sales figures
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I've always been a fan of top ______ lists and such; Let's keep an eye on where these books rank every month!

A little back research reveals these stats for the dot-REBELS sales:

(listed by: Issue number, rank in top 300, sales)

# 1 / 75 / 23,739

# 2 / 112 / 16,122

# 3 / 149 / 14,442

# 4 / 136 / 13,468

# 5 / 152 / 12,909

# 6 / 162 / 12,349

Two words come to mind: Uh Oh.

I remember being disappointed by the poor debut at # 75 but didn't keep up with subsequent sales. The book is in rapid free-fell.

Something needs to happen FAST to change these figures or DC might not even publish 12 issues.

I personally would have liked more of the original cast in the first couple of issues.

Will post ADVENTURE 1/504 stats when they become available. I have a feeling we will be seeing higher numbers for that book.

[ February 17, 2010, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
It's solicited thru #10 and an Annual, but those numbers are wretched. [choke] I really like the book on its own merits, and not as a Legion "replacement" title...

Hopefully retailers will use the "Buy 25, get 50" incentive they're doing, for books needing help like this, with various Lantern Corps rings. I think the one they're using to promote R.E.B.E.L.S.#10 (?) is the Indigo Tribe ring... I loves me some Purple!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
REBELS is one of my favorite titles going today. I think the art and writing have been superb!

Of course, everything I like, except my wife, seems to get cancelled. You can all blame me if something happens.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Sorry to go all 'Cancel Man' on us, but I'm afraid it's just a matter of time... and just when I was getting into it...

REBELS # 7 164 of top 300/est sales 11,682

Better news for the ADVENTURE launch!

ADVENTURE # 1 30 of top 300/est sales 56,706

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
REBELS will have a push on Blackest Night, will probably include a 2nd feature and will also become LEGION in 2010, if the latest indications are to be believed. I think there is enough commitment from DC to keep at least one "space" title afloat for a while.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
A push would be good since, as far as I'm concerned, the book gets better with each issue.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
I think there is enough commitment from DC to keep at least one "space" title afloat for a while.

I'd rather this was a Legion title (Adventure or whatever) than dot REBELS. If that means REBELS has to be sacrificed then so be it.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
I think there is enough commitment from DC to keep at least one "space" title afloat for a while.

I'd rather this was a Legion title (Adventure or whatever) than dot REBELS. If that means REBELS has to be sacrificed then so be it.
I don't think DC thinks of Legion as a sci-fi/space title, so I think it's fair ground to say one has nothing to do with the other. Actually, LSH is considered now to be part of Superman franchise and I don't see it changing with Levitz.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Sept stats are in...

ADVENTURE # 2 loses ground (not uncommon for # 2s).... it comes in at # 44 with 47,296 copies. Still a top 50 book and I think it will stay there through Johns' runanyway.

REBELS loses only 300 copies sold but it can't afford to. It comes in at # 186 with 11,347 copies.

--------------------

Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Issue 12 of dotREBELS has just been solicited. With blackest night/JLA tie ins plus Captain Comet/Adam Strange joining in, DC are really trying with this book. I doubt it fits into the Jonah Hex sales-aren't-everything category though.

When you compare dotREBELS sales with those of Shooter's Legion run the omens aren't good.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OCTOBER stats are in:

REBELS # 9 rises in rank, coming in at # 157, but it actually loses sales (though less than 100 copies lost this time): 11,284.

ADVENTURE also rises up in chart rank while losing sales: It comes in at # 40 with sales of 44,431.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The sales for REBELS are attrocious. Normally, I'd say it wouldn't make it into a second year but Didio keeps saying it will later be essential to whats next for the DCU.

REBELS made two big mistakes IMO: (1) new look for Starro which almost everyone I've seen thinks is even cornier than before and (2) killed Stealth off off-panel, or at least led people to think that. Both things turned off readers who were picking up the book on a whim, rather than get them to stick around.

I hope Adventure continues to do well.

But really, comics sales these last few months just look dreadful.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for explaining the thing about Stealth. I thought I had missed an issue!

It will be interesting to contrast dotREBELS with whatever happens with the Legion. To me, dotREBELS is basically a continuation of Legion styles and tropes from the 5-year gap on--no real costumes, team hates each other, Brainiac is an arrogant manipulative jerk, big universe-theatening plot that goes on forever, etc. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the book, even though I HATE Darth Starro the Barbarian. But it will be interesting to see if this style of Legion can survive, and if an alternative style (the Johns/Robinson/Levitz retroboot) can do any better.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't am that opposed to the new Starro persona, but I have to confess that though I like the new run, every month, when I get my bunch of comics, REBELS slips farther back in my "order of reading"... I just can't get up the motivation to read it. Once I am starting, I like it...

Adventure Comics is still pretty high in my hierarchy. But I'm going to skip the issues without the Legion backup in it.

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
I don't am that opposed to the new Starro persona, but I have to confess that though I like the new run, every month, when I get my bunch of comics, REBELS slips farther back in my "order of reading"... I just can't get up the motivation to read it. Once I am starting, I like it...

You know, I'm the same exact way. That can't be a good sign.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.