Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » R.E.B.E.L.S. sales figures (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: R.E.B.E.L.S. sales figures
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
REBELS #10 was my last issue of it. I still like it okay, but I have to cut back on my comics for economic reasons, and it drew the short straw. I'm probably going to let Adventure lapse until Levitz takes over, too, or at least decide whether to get it on an issue-by-issue basis.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I want to know when we'll get more answers as to the situation behind Vril making the deal with Neron, and Captain Comet taking over L.E.G.I.O.N. at the end of the original REBELS series.

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chemical King:
I don't am that opposed to the new Starro persona, but I have to confess that though I like the new run, every month, when I get my bunch of comics, REBELS slips farther back in my "order of reading"... I just can't get up the motivation to read it. Once I am starting, I like it...

Adventure Comics is still pretty high in my hierarchy. But I'm going to skip the issues without the Legion backup in it.

There's where I've been for the first 9 issues. The recent one being the first of a two parter has really turned the book around for me.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
ADVENTURE # 4 # 6 of top 300. 85,125 preorders

REBELS # 10 # 30 of 300. 51,100 preorders

Well, I don't think there's any way anyone can call the BLACKEST NIGHT ring promotion anything but a resounding success looking at these figures.

Utterly astounding. There may be some books saved from cancellation by this.

My only quibble-- is REBELS now $3.99 every month??? *NOT* liking that little development.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I started a thread about the ring promotion in the Gym'll's section. Both comic book stores I go to actually sold out of REBELS--they were completley surprised and delighted.

REBELS sold something like 3-5 times more copies than usual. I think you're right, the promotion may have really saved some of these titles. (Being the wordy guy I am, the thread is more detailed).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Rogue is taking care of ADVENTURE sales numbers over on the other board, so I'll just be reporting REBELS sales figures from now on.

And this month the report remains good....

REBELS places at # 66 on the top 300 with estimated sales of 31,489. Wow.

I mean, if next issue loses HALF of this number, it will still be in better shape than it was before BLACKEST NIGHT.

A good thing for this book.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well, there's good news and bad news about REBELS # 12 sales figures.

The GOOD news is, # 12 comes in with higher sales figures than before the Blackest Night issues.

The BAD news is, it's down to # 141 of the top 300. Sales estimate at 12,428.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Tony mentioned on his Facebook page there's been no discussion of cancellation. He said he just turned in an outline for another year's worth of stories.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
DC should do a Flash ring in April and a Legion ring in September to keep this title running. Then a whole freaking utlilty belt at #25. [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Well, there's good news and bad news about REBELS # 12 sales figures.

The GOOD news is, # 12 comes in with higher sales figures than before the Blackest Night issues.

The BAD news is, it's down to # 141 of the top 300. Sales estimate at 12,428.

One thing mentioned earlier about these figures is that it's still too early to tell if REBELS recieved a sales bump from Blackest Night or not as these numbers would have been placed before retailers could see how well issues 10 & 11 sold.
Next month will be the definite benchmark as Blackest Night sales should affect the orders and back orders of REBELS 12.

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
DC should do a Flash ring in April and a Legion ring in September to keep this title running. Then a whole freaking utlilty belt at #25. [Big Grin]

I would buy three variant covers for the whole freaking utility belt.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
REBELS #10 was my last issue of it. I still like it okay, but I have to cut back on my comics for economic reasons, and it drew the short straw.

I just had to do the same thing. Loss of job means losing some titles that weren't quite doing it for me. I really wish Stealth had become part of the new team -- she made a great foil for Vril.
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I really wish Stealth had become part of the new team -- she made a great foil for Vril
who's to say she's not...and oh did anyone really think about Lyrissa not being a black lantern...i mean come on now...she should have been there!!!

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I'm surprised promotions actually make that much impact!

But it's a short term thing isn't it?

I want to like REBELS but I'm not enjoying it. Having such a tediously long story as it's first arc has really put me off.

I'm shocked it was only selling around 11,000 though.

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.