Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz talks Legion (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Levitz talks Legion
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Levitz is on FB now. Just lettin ya all know.

Those crazy youths and their futuristic communication forums! What'll they dream up next, I wonder?

[Poke Joke]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if Levitz will reintroduce the Leader elections?

Like we have going on soon here at Legion World. Don't forget to vote for Dev Em!

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
If Levitz was crazy enough to read this board, I'm thinking that our standard election, er, conduct would cure him of any nostalgia on that front pretty quickly.

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure...or we may think that Giffen has taken over again.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

I finally got to hear the entire Substitute Podcasters interview today. There was some rambling (I tend to have a short attention span for spoken word on the net) from the regulars, but basically it was pretty interesting.

--------------------

Matt Kramer
Substitute Podcaster!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Kramer   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Kramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey all,

Paul came and sat down with us a second time on Legion of Substitute Podcasters Episode #86. He gave us some great teases for upcoming issues of Adventure & Legion, as well as some fascinating talk about digital distribution from someone who has had a hat in both the business and creative sides of the industry.

Thanks for all of the kind words about the first interview. Paul's definitely a gentleman and we definitely appreciate his taking the time to come back and talk to us again!

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.archive.org/download/losp86i/losp86.mp3

--------------------
Check out the Legion of Substitute Podcasters!

http://www.legionofsubstitutepodcasters.com

From: Grafton, WI | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Kramer:
Hey all,

Paul came and sat down with us a second time on Legion of Substitute Podcasters Episode #86. He gave us some great teases for upcoming issues of Adventure & Legion, as well as some fascinating talk about digital distribution from someone who has had a hat in both the business and creative sides of the industry.

Thanks for all of the kind words about the first interview. Paul's definitely a gentleman and we definitely appreciate his taking the time to come back and talk to us again!

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.archive.org/download/losp86i/losp86.mp3

curious..is there a transcript where I can read for sure since I cannot hear the audio (I am deaf) because I would love to know what Paul has been teasing you and others?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I've only got a horrible old dial-up connection which is too slow for podcast/video things so I'd like to echo superboymddjr's request for a transcript or summary of this interview please.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
I am sure somebody else will be able to do a more accurate/detailed recap but this is what I can remember:

They talk about the response to the new book and Paul says that at signings he is seeing a lot of familiar faces but also quite a few people saying that this is the first Legion book they have picked up.

They also talk about how some people read quite a lot into a story and try and interpret what they see in ways that were far from what the writer was intending. He uses the Imra has TK discussion here as an example of this and seems to say this was not his intention but also leaves enough room for him to carry it on if he wanted.

He reveals that the variant cover for #2 is Superboy and Krypto

There is a big discussion on how technology has changed for creators since he stopped writing previously. He mentions that for him it has not changed too much as there are only so many ways you can write a script but on the artistic side is where the changes have come with the digitalisation of things speeding up the process vastly. He states that whereas before they would be working two or three months in advance on a book it is not uncommon for them to be working on a book the month it is due to be released.

Related to this there is a discussion regarding digital distribution and piracy. Paul says he is against piracy and is glad that working out a viable digital business model is now somebody else's problem.

It was an interesting interview and I have probably missed something important out but this should tide you over until something better comes along.

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you stuorstew for your synaps of the interview. Just like cleome I too have a short attention span to stuff like that, so your sum-up was great!
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks stuorstew.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
It was another great interview. Thanks for posting a notice about it. You guys have a fun podcast and I am going to try and listen more often.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved listening to it! It's obvious that you care very much about the Legion. It was great that Legion World was mentioned too!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Kramer
Substitute Podcaster!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Kramer   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Kramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, all!

And thanks for that summary, Stu. Unfortunately we don't have a transcript, mainly because it's something we haven't really thought about. Stu's summary reminded me of something that Mr. Levitz said at Wizard Chicago in 2008 I believe. Someone asked him about audio comics and he told a story about how when he was young he'd record himself reading comics on audio tapes for a blind friend. It's awesome how the fan community helps each other!

In case anyone's curious about the show, we've got a general DC talk episode up today, and then next Monday, June 14th, we begin a series of episodes on the Great Darkness Saga!

--------------------
Check out the Legion of Substitute Podcasters!

http://www.legionofsubstitutepodcasters.com

From: Grafton, WI | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
The Great Darkness Saga series should be cool episodes. I'm interested to get some behind-the-scenes info from Paul Levitz as to some of his thought processes writing the story at that time.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.