Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz talks Legion (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Levitz talks Legion
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
http://io9.com/5447430/
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, wow! He'll be writing both Adventure Comics and a new Legion of Super-Heroes book? That's exciting news!

It seems like the Superboy and the Legion: Secret Origin story will be in Adventure while he'll start from where Geoff Johns left off in the main Legion book.

I wonder if he's still doing an Adventure Comics annual.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes. Yes. Yes. GOD yes.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I think this should be a fun ride. I give Paul some leeway when it comes to the Legion.

The new kid they have as artist looks great. What is it about the Legion being the training ground for artists that move on to much bigger things.

He does reiterate that someone's homeworld gets destroyed. He also says that one relationship has gone south in the missing time we have not seen them.

He says that he is picking up after his initial run, and then Geoff's stuff. This obviously means that the Baxter series happened in total. And the there are obvious things that have happened that we have not seen. With obvious changes/tweaks to continuity...

I'm getting excited. He also says that there is a story that Giffen wants to do with him...that is something that this fan is looking forward to.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I, I kinda blacked out for a few seconds after that last post.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Yes. Yes. Yes. GOD yes.

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
I, I kinda blacked out for a few seconds after that last post.

Should we change your code name? Orgasm Kid..? [Wink]
Dev - Em
KIA

From the cover they show...it looks like the peekaboo outfits continue for some others as well...
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Please. I blacked out because I lost my footing as I stood up and hit my head on the coffee table. If you'll excuse me I have bits of scalp I need to scrub out while the paramedics arrive. Hmph.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Give it some time and this new artist might get to redesign some of those costumes.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Sorry Sarcasm Kid... [Smile]

This new guy looks like a real find. I'm also hoping for some costume tweaks along the way.

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I was joking.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Alice! That's it. Cinar's rendition of Saturn Girl reminded me of Alice from Detective Comics.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Although the marriage he's talking about better be Gim and Yera because I have a lot of ideas piled up for the Ranzzes when I break into the field.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Dev - Em
KIA

I'm actually thinking Tamia/Lar or Jo/Tinya. I think Gim/Yera are okay, as they were still married during Geoff's stuff IIRC.
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Random thoughts about that really cool group shot at the bottom of the post;

More guys have long hair (Garth, Brainy, Jo) and more girls have short hair (Imra, Tinya).

This new artist is making me like the costumes a little bit more than the last one (although this is still probably the worst costume Garth has ever had).

Even Night Girl has a boob window. Yeesh. Kudos to Imra and Ayla and Yera for keeping their chesticles in their shirts. Ditto, cheers to any of the menfolk who still have sleeves!

The 21st century contingent is still not present, including Mon-El, Dream Girl, Sensor, Element Lad, Tellus & Starman.

Also Quislet and Tyroc, although mentioned in the interview, aren't around.

Although I may have missed her, 'cause she's a wee lass, I'm not seeing Salu either...

No Sun Boy or Polar Boy, either, come to think of it.

No sign of XS or whomever else stayed behind at the end of Lo3W (Gates?).

Blok, interestingly, is in the picture, although Mysa isn't.

And from the interview, duh, Shadow Lass is the one who should have nine fingers. [Smile]

Which couple didn't make it?

We've seen that Blok and Mysa remain together.
We've seen that Gim and Yera are still married.
We've seen that Mon and Shady are still together (when they rescue him from the zone).
Cos has stated that Garth and Imra are still together (but that he's alone).
Drake and Dawny seem to be more 'together' than they have been in quite some time.

Which leaves, for long time couples, Jo and Tinya, which I don't recall seeing shown as 'together' during the Johnsboot stuff.

(Not counting Brainy and Kara, because today's character is nothing like Brainy's Kara.)

[ January 14, 2010, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.